PDA

View Full Version : Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

shunlvswx
11-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Here's a review from the VetsAids show last night. IT looks like it was another huge success. Raised over 1.2 million dollars.

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/review-joe-walshs-vetsaid-was-a-familial-star-powered-party-at-tacoma-dome-raising-1-2-million/?fbclid=IwAR0xAcpvAk7W3KShFVWuZyMUwAVL0In0St0ED1_5 YzVoTvJ35hVpKTIJHik

sodascouts
01-15-2019, 10:31 PM
Joe's in GQ! Great photo of him:

https://www.gq.com/story/clean-musicians
(https://www.gq.com/story/clean-musicians)

ETA: Just read it. It's very intense. Joe and eight other musicians talk about getting sober, and maybe it's because they're all having a conversation together, but it gets very real without as many of the injections of levity you come to expect from Joe. An interesting, revealing piece.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the link, Soda. That is a great picture of Joe. And I hope this article is an inspiration to those struggling with addiction that there is a better life if you are sober.

Brooke
01-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Fantastick picture of Joe! I like Stephen's too.

Can't wait t get time to read the whole thing!

Houston Baby
01-17-2019, 02:35 PM
I agree, it is a very intense read. After I read it, I actually thought "wow".

Hopefully, it will be an inspiration to others.

Brooke
01-17-2019, 03:53 PM
I read Stephen's and Joe's comments, didn't know the others. Great article and I'm so glad they both are drug free. Amazing that Joe remained clean for all this time without relapsing!

"He's cool!" :wink:

WalshFan88
01-17-2019, 08:27 PM
Good for Joe. I'm glad he's sober now and he certainly looks happy and healthy.

East Texas Girl
02-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Joe puts his Encinitas horse ranch up for sale, beautiful pictures. It's just a measly $2.8 million. :faint:

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-joe-walsh-encinitas-equestrian-ranch-20190204-story.html

Oops, it's actually $2.9 million... :shock:

Delilah
02-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Wow, that’s a beautiful home. I wonder why he’s selling.

I have a mansion but forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice

Thanks for the link, ETG.

My My
02-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Wow, that’s a beautiful home. I wonder why he’s selling.

I have a mansion but forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice

Thanks for the link, ETG.

Well played Delilah...

sodascouts
02-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Joe puts his Encinitas horse ranch up for sale, beautiful pictures. It's just a measly $2.8 million. :faint:

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-joe-walsh-encinitas-equestrian-ranch-20190204-story.html

Oops, it's actually $2.9 million... :shock:

Check out some of these highlights:

"In addition to a single-level home built in 1997, the 4-acre property boasts plenty of other amenities. There’s a sports court, swimming pool, spa, horse corral, tack room and riding arena with direct access to trails. A great room lined with hardwood anchors the main home, connecting a dining area to a step-down lounge with picture windows and a fireplace. [...] Six bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms are spread across 5,635 square feet, including a detached guesthouse at the other end of the property. Vaulted ceilings and a fireplace touch up the master suite. Other highlights include turf lawns, landscaping, two outdoor showers and a three-car garage."

Not too shabby!!!

02-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Thanks for that link, ETG. Pretty nice, crib, I'd say!

Brooke
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Wow! That's pretty nice! :shock:

The circular bedroom was different and why you would want a patio in the middle of your corrall, I can't imagine! :lol:

Somehow I can't see Joe riding horses, but who knows?!

sodascouts
02-07-2019, 12:06 AM
I didn't know he was into horses, either, but he must have been pretty hardcore if he had an estate like this. Maybe it was an interest of one of his wives?

WalshFan88
02-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Yeah I never pictured Joe as a horse rider, lol. :hilarious:

New Kid In Town
02-10-2019, 12:34 PM
I did a double take about the horse stables and farm too. It sure is a beautiful house though. That is not a bad price by California standards.

02-10-2019, 03:10 PM
I don't know - Joe has mellowed so much in the last 25 year or so that I can maybe picture him chilling at a horse ranch. He has a lot of 'zen' in him these days. :grin:

shunlvswx
03-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Joe, Timothy, Vince visited Hoani Waititi Marae in New Zealand last week(I have no idea what it is).

I was just thinking probably around this time, Joe got that call that changed his life. 25 years of sobriety (never fell off the wagon) is amazing.

There are two videos to watch.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/eagles-guitarist-joe-walsh-talks-black-power-mongrel-mob-auckland-marae-kicking-meth?variant=tb_v_2&fbclid=IwAR3KbJTyrBpDcLOlgHVC1aVmMprz9QRFdU_QdP_ll KOUbSQFB7HCfBiJrm0

LuvTim
03-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Thank you, Shun! That was a beautiful thing to see! Thanks to our guys for doing this kind of service to the community! ​💖

Brooke
03-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Thanks shun!

I'm so glad Joe has managed to stay clean for 25 years! Amazing!

shunlvswx
03-06-2019, 09:02 AM
VetsAid will be in Houston this year. The date is November 10th this year. No artist have been announced yet.

https://www.vetsaid.org/

Delilah
03-06-2019, 01:53 PM
I saw that on Twitter. That’s great news- I wonder which venue in Houston. Thanks, Shun.

sodascouts
03-06-2019, 11:30 PM
Houston! I may be able to go to this!

03-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the videos, shun.

As I've always said Joe is such a role model for those fighting addiction. I hope they hear his message.

I noticed Marjorie, Tim, and Vince were at the New Zealand event too.

CAinOH
03-16-2019, 05:18 PM
Nice Rolling Stone article about Joe, Ringo, and their work to help others get sober:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/joe-walsh-ringo-starr-facing-addiction-interview-790689/?fbclid=IwAR1EKyLgsGul5ZydxKzxswwNn0o7PXSxWNbu5l6U ZCZjZ16cJKIspJJZoI8

sodascouts
03-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Nice Rolling Stone article about Joe, Ringo, and their work to help others get sober:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/joe-walsh-ringo-starr-facing-addiction-interview-790689/?fbclid=IwAR1EKyLgsGul5ZydxKzxswwNn0o7PXSxWNbu5l6U ZCZjZ16cJKIspJJZoI8

Thanks. Joe is such a great example. The award is well-deserved.

I'm a bit confused by this:

"His wife, the elegant Marjorie Bach, was also honored and she stood behind him, wiping tears from her eyes with a napkin even when he cracked jokes. Bach is 27 years sober. Earlier, she spoke with unflinching gravitas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrb21KReFQ) about fearing at one point her husband would die."

Surely that doesn't mean in the relatively recent years during their marriage? How long has she known him? I have a feeling the author might be confused, as the video she linked to did not contain that content, but was rather her speaking about her own experiences.

At any rate, the question about older rockers and prescription meds of course immediately brought to mind Tom Petty. Who would have thought we would lose him to a drug overdose of that kind? But then again, that's how we lost Michael Jackson and going back further, Elvis. So while I hadn't really thought about it, it really is an issue, isn't it. Going from getting high to just getting rid of pain, and then having issues continuing without it.

This bit is fascinating to me. I'd always thought it was interesting that Joe said that he got sober in 1995, because as we know HFO happened in 1994, which means that he must have relapsed after his first attempt.

Joe, can you tell me about the epiphany you had in New Zealand? You said that you’d had a bunch of relapses and nothing had been working until that moment in the hills.

Walsh: It was in Hawke’s Bay, the ancient capital of the Maori nation, the indigenous people there. I befriended them in New Zealand and they took me to the capital fortress that is abandoned and in ruins now, but it’s a very holy place. I stood on top of that hill. I looked at the ocean and I looked at all this farmland. New Zealand is beautiful. I had a moment of clarity, which was you can either die or you can stop.

How old were you roughly then that happened?

Walsh: About 45.

Have you had other spiritual experiences like that in your life?

Walsh: I have had moments before, like “I’ve gotta do something about this,” but by noon I was drunk again. This time, I believe it was God saying, “Hey, why don’t you try me?”

So you literally walked down the mountain, determined to go back to rehab, and that time it took.

Walsh: Yes. I went back to the United States. I made arrangements to go in. It terrified me. Terrified me.

Why?

Walsh: Because I didn’t know what sober was. I thought I was going to have to wear a tie and have a job and go to work every day, and that’s not the case. No, I can do what I always do really well. I just had to learn how. When you get sober, you learn how to do everything one day at a time, and when you get enough things that you know how to do sober, you’re good to go.

So that's when it happened for real. In 1994, Joe cleaned up enough for the tour with Smokey breathing down his neck to make sure he didn't relapse while he was on the clock, but he cleaned up for real then. I wonder if this was before or after Christchurch?

Thanks for linking to this!

shunlvswx
03-16-2019, 11:04 PM
When Joe said 45, that was before HFO. He was 46 when HFO happened. I wonder if Joe relapsed and got sober again in 1995. I’m confused a little.

03-17-2019, 11:34 AM
I remember reading that Joe had relapsed in the late 90's (I believe that's when it was) for a short time. I'm sorry I can't remember when I read it, but I'm pretty sure it was something one of our members posted here. I don't have time to do a search right now, but I'm positive it's on the board somewhere.

sodascouts
03-18-2019, 11:17 PM
When Joe said 45, that was before HFO. He was 46 when HFO happened. I wonder if Joe relapsed and got sober again in 1995. I’m confused a little.

He was estimating his age so I wouldn't put too much store in that.

shunlvswx
03-28-2019, 08:28 PM
Joe and Vince will be part of Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival. The festival will be September 20th and 21st in Dallas. Both Joe and Vince have played at the festival before.

https://bestclassicbands.com/eric-clapton-2019-dates-3-28-19/?fbclid=IwAR1FVIU25gJEig2a4dq-vXbUEHTZYcrB6767rdG_-yGByrNWjY7ApCJ3evE

sodascouts
03-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Joe and Vince will be part of Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival. The festival will be September 20th and 21st in Dallas. Both Joe and Vince have played at the festival before.

https://bestclassicbands.com/eric-clapton-2019-dates-3-28-19/?fbclid=IwAR1FVIU25gJEig2a4dq-vXbUEHTZYcrB6767rdG_-yGByrNWjY7ApCJ3evE

Cool! I think we should start a thread for it in "Pre-Concert Anticipation." Do you want to do it or shall I?

shunlvswx
03-29-2019, 12:19 PM
I'll do it.

03-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, shun.

WalshFan88
05-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Looks like Joe is selling a house!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-beverly-hills-house-sale/

sodascouts
05-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Looks like Joe is selling a house!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-beverly-hills-house-sale/

Only $5.3 million? What a bargain? lol!

4 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. Seems a bit bathroom- heavy, lol.

Take a look at the photos, guys. Everything is white and gray. It's hard to imagine Joe living there. I know they remove personal stuff but dang. Don't get me wrong - it's obviously quite stylish - but it doesn't seem very "Joe."

WalshFan88
05-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Only $5.3 million? What a bargain? lol!

4 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. Seems a bit bathroom- heavy, lol.

Take a look at the photos, guys. Everything is white and gray. It's hard to imagine Joe living there. I know they remove personal stuff but dang. Don't get me wrong - it's obviously quite stylish - but it doesn't seem very "Joe."

Yeah I was also wondering why so many bathrooms, lol!

And yeah I can't really picture Joe living there. They must have really went to town removing personal things and any decorations or entertainment pieces before they sold it. It's stylish, but it doesn't strike me as being a rockstar's pad, either. :hilarious:

MarthaJo56
05-06-2019, 02:25 PM
My old high school friend, Susie posted this today on Facebook...

"I had the privilege of going with my dad to the 53rd Feast of the Holy Cross on Santa Cruz Island this past Friday.
Such a memorable day!!! My dad had done a lot of work on the island through his work at UCR. This invitation only event is held once a year on May 3rd. My dad has attended many many times but this was my first time and it was wonderful!"
She also said that Joe Walsh " is a big supporter of the island and does music for the mass every year."
There was another photo that her brother took where David Crosby is coming out with their Dad behind him. :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
05-06-2019, 02:44 PM
How cool of your friend to go for the first time and see Joe there.

Lucy had a few videos from this. She said she would be posting more videos later. I just read somewhere that Joe has been going to this since 1988.

sodascouts
05-06-2019, 02:54 PM
My old high school friend, Susie posted this today on Facebook...

"I had the privilege of going with my dad to the 53rd Feast of the Holy Cross on Santa Cruz Island this past Friday.
Such a memorable day!!! My dad had done a lot of work on the island through his work at UCR. This invitation only event is held once a year on May 3rd. My dad has attended many many times but this was my first time and it was wonderful!"
She also said that Joe Walsh " is a big supporter of the island and does music for the mass every year."
There was another photo that her brother took where David Crosby is coming out with their Dad behind him. :thumbsup:

Wow! So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Delilah
05-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Joe calls Peter Frampton and discusses talk box issues in this funny video clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterframpton/status/1125807511280316417?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

05-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Too funny - that is classic Joe!

sodascouts
05-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Joe calls Peter Frampton and discusses talk box issues in this funny video clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterframpton/status/1125807511280316417?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

LOL! "Is it just me or is your talk box tube starting to smell really bad?" It just gets worse from there, folks! LOL! Thanks Delilah!

WalshFan88
06-25-2019, 04:45 AM
According to this Instagram post, Joe is recording music with Brian Johnson (AC/DC) over in London.

Now, being the massive Brian Johnson-era AC/DC fan that I am, I'm pretty stoked about this. If Joe's doing a solo record with Brian singing on it, or Joe playing on something Brian's doing, it will be pretty cool.

Those two can rock, and I expect great rock n' roll music from them. None of that smooth twangy country and western music to be found there. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGN-Kkl_9A/

sodascouts
06-25-2019, 12:07 PM
According to this Instagram post, Joe is recording music with Brian Johnson (AC/DC) over in London.

Now, being the massive Brian Johnson-era AC/DC fan that I am, I'm pretty stoked about this. If Joe's doing a solo record with Brian singing on it, or Joe playing on something Brian's doing, it will be pretty cool.

Those two can rock, and I expect great rock n' roll music from them. None of that smooth twangy country and western music to be found there. :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGN-Kkl_9A/

You know, I was a little puzzled as to what he meant, too. If Joe is making a new album, that's pretty big freaking news!

Even if he's appearing on a Brian Jones album, though - when we know more, like the title of the album and the song, we'll make a new thread for it. Let's keep our eyes and ears peeled.

shunlvswx
06-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Joe set the record straight on his facebook page that they weren't recording together. They were just jamming together.

sodascouts
06-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Joe set the record straight on his facebook page that they weren't recording together. They were just jamming together.

Aw, too bad. Glad Joe let us know!

shunlvswx
06-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Joe will be a guest on Paul Shaffer's new show that will be coming out on September 15th on AXSTV.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/paul-shaffer-plus-one-music-interview-show-premiere-date-axs-tv-1202635635/

WalshFan88
06-28-2019, 03:16 PM

That sucks! I wish he had been more clear on his original post...

sodascouts
06-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Joe will be a guest on Paul Shaffer's new show that will be coming out on September 15th on AXSTV.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/paul-shaffer-plus-one-music-interview-show-premiere-date-axs-tv-1202635635/

Thanks for the heads up! He's keeping busy.

06-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Yeah - that is too bad. I would love to see them collaborate.

NightMistBlue
08-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Hey, has anyone heard about Joe's autobiography lately? I thought it was set to come out like two years ago, but then crickets.

sodascouts
08-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Hey, has anyone heard about Joe's autobiography lately? I thought it was set to come out like two years ago, but then crickets.

Nope. Time and time again, these guys talk about doing projects like this, and then they don't follow through.

Guess that makes them just like the rest of us. lol

FreyFollower
08-18-2019, 07:40 PM
How true! But I think they all should tell their story as they remember it, while still able. No one else can tell it from their point of view.

WalshFan88
08-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Honestly I think Felder and his "throw everyone but himself under the bus" book may leave certain members of the band a little leery about each other doing books. I can't help but wonder about that.

I don't see Joe as the type to do that kind of thing, but I can't help but to feel if it makes Don and Tim nervous, lol, as to what he might say. And certainly the reverse if Don does a book. I think Don would probably be the kind of person to also maybe not do a juicy tell-all and be nasty, but the opposite side of the spectrum - not share much of anything that's even remotely telling of any other members and be very tight lipped about what went on with the Eagles. I see him doing more of a book on his life, philanthropic work, background, and his beliefs with maybe a couple chapters dedicated to the Eagles and maybe one or two more dedicated to his solo career. I don't see him talking about sex, drugs, and rock n' roll and giving details on that. Joe, on the other hand - maybe. :lol: I could see him talking about the excesses. But I don't see him throwing anyone under the bus, though. But I think he'd be more open about the 70s and his addictions and vices than Don would be. Also, Joe was more of a party animal than Don Henley.

It's a shame we never got a book from Glenn. I could see that book being very interesting. While I don't think it would be over the top, I think he would have been pretty open and honest about what went on back then.

New Kid In Town
08-19-2019, 08:04 PM
Interesting take Austin. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I can't see Joe throwing people under the bus. Maybe a book kind of like Joe Vitale's. I also can't see Don doing an in depth discussion on his "sex, drug and R & R" life story. After all, he refused to discuss the arrest incident in Nov. 1980. He went so far as to try to keep Marc Elliot's book from being published.
I think a book from Glenn would have been more open. However, I thinks sometimes Glenn gave too much info regarding that life style. I would love to see a book from Bernie. He strikes me as a very honest, straight forward guy with no ax to grind. Just my two cents-lol.

sodascouts
08-19-2019, 10:17 PM
I bet Joe would be the type who would go out of his way not to offend. His book would probably be part comedic, part inspirational. I don't think he'd use it to take swipes at those he'd felt had wronged him over the years.

Then again, Joe probably doesn't have too many axes to grind! It's a lot easier to be magnanimous when "life's been good."

WalshFan88
08-19-2019, 11:35 PM
Interesting take Austin. I pretty much agree with everything you said. I can't see Joe throwing people under the bus. Maybe a book kind of like Joe Vitale's. I also can't see Don doing an in depth discussion on his "sex, drug and R & R" life story. After all, he refused to discuss the arrest incident in Nov. 1980. He went so far as to try to keep Marc Elliot's book from being published.
I think a book from Glenn would have been more open. However, I thinks sometimes Glenn gave too much info regarding that life style. I would love to see a book from Bernie. He strikes me as a very honest, straight forward guy with no ax to grind. Just my two cents-lol.

Exactly my thoughts too. And I agree about Bernie.

Don, while being very outspoken with his opinions in the public view, is a pretty private guy. Even though I just know he's got axes to grind - I don't see him doing it. And certainly not a kiss and tell kinda guy.

Glenn, would have been more open and not afraid to push buttons, lol - at least IMO. I see him telling it exactly how he saw it, but also with some humor and self-reflection in there.

Joe, I think he would be open about the excesses and what went on but wouldn't blame anyone and certainly wouldn't call anyone out. I would expect his book to be mostly comedy and also his recovery - which is exactly what Soda just commented.

Tim, I'm not sure. I think Tim would probably be more like Don and more reserved and not the type to write a tell-all kind of book. More of a memoir I would guess.

WalshFan88
08-19-2019, 11:40 PM
I bet Joe would be the type who would go out of his way not to offend. His book would probably be part comedic, part inspirational. I don't think he'd use it to take swipes at those he'd felt had wronged him over the years.

Then again, Joe probably doesn't have too many axes to grind! It's a lot easier to be magnanimous when "life's been good."

My thoughts exactly. Joe seems at peace with everything at the moment. I doubt he would start casting stones at this point in his life.

I think you nailed it with the part comedy and part inspiration. I think he would definitely throw in a lot of funny stories and humor in his retelling of things. After all, he's known for that. But I think in talking about his recovery I think one could gain a lot of hope and inspiration from that. Which is why I would LOVE to read his book!

08-20-2019, 10:47 AM
I have to agree with what everyone has said here. I've said this before that I hope Glenn was far along in his memoirs where it could be published in some format in the future or maybe Cindy could use it as a basis for publishing her own book. I agree that Glenn would have given an honest account of events from his POV, but not get mired in the dirty details. I also think Joe's book would be similar in that regard.

sodascouts
08-21-2019, 11:26 PM
I have to agree with what everyone has said here. I've said this before that I hope Glenn was far along in his memoirs where it could be published in some format in the future or maybe Cindy could use it as a basis for publishing her own book. I agree that Glenn would have given an honest account of events from his POV, but not get mired in the dirty details. I also think Joe's book would be similar in that regard.

I would love to think Glenn left some notes Cindy could use for a book, but I don't have high hopes for that.

thelastresort
08-25-2019, 11:18 AM
As a general point, it is of course possible for musicians to write autobiographies and not even get in the boat, let alone rock it.

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson released his two years ago and it basically follows the pattern of only talking about what is truly his to tell. As such, the majority of the book is about his upbringing, extensive side projects and cancer diagnosis (and survival, thankfully!); the Iron Maiden bits he could have easily written the entire book on are simply kept to matter of fact accounts with a little bit of insider info and funny tales from the road. That's it. No backstabbing, baiting or provocation; more like a working journal entry. (As an aside, the book also doesn't discuss his 'personal' life: there is not one reference to his wife or children!)

It is different for Felder as I think he did feel the need to have his say on the Eagles and his tenure; but for the likes of Joe especially, who has worked with dozens of famous names in the industry, been in a lot of bands and has certainly a colourful private life (both good and bad), he could easily tell his tale focusing almost exclusively when the Eagles weren't at the forefront of his life. Henley could easily write his on his upbringing and extensive solo career and social and political causes. Glenn could have done the same, especially on his work in his later years in colleges etc.

In all honesty I am sick of the Eagles political story from all sides. What's done is done. In the 70s they were young, scarily successful, exhausted and absolutely off their respective boxes on coke and other unhelpful substances. We've had subsequent decades of arguments, books, legal challenges and documentaries that has degenerated the greatest American band of all time into two distinct camps of Saint Felder and ******* Frey/Henley. What I really want from Henley and Joe (and Bernie / Randy / TBS to a lesser extent) is a documentary of their lives before and after the Eagles; how Joe Walsh came to front two superb bands in his early days, how Bernie became so immersed in country music, how Henley got into Thoreau and all his environmental causes. That's what I would love to hear.

WalshFan88
08-25-2019, 07:35 PM
I agree, TLR. That would be good to see.

However, while I think Felder had the right to share his side of the story, I felt he went over the top with nasty comments about Glenn. And the fact that he never took any blame for anything be it how he acted in the 70s, the separation from his wife, or his firing in the 90s. I think if he had just taken responsibility for his part of the problem, and maybe pulled back on the nastiness about Glenn, it would have been fine.

I think Joe's book would be refreshing and I don't see him slamming anyone. I think it would be very self-reflective and inspirational, with some Joe humor thrown in for good measure. I think Don's book would probably have some hostile moments, but I think he wouldn't be one to overshare anything. I'm not even sure what to expect from Tim. In a way, I don't see Timothy as a book writer at all. I think Don would be most likely to do it out of the three, actually. He loves philosophy. I think it would be great to hear it from Henley, especially since he's been fairly quiet about some things over the years. More of that, less complaining.

WalshFan88
09-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Just saw that Joe will be on Paul Shaffer (of Letterman fame)'s new TV show on AXS this Sunday at 7PM.

Brooke
09-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Austin!

KingWalsh
09-13-2019, 04:33 PM
Yes! He'll be on with Schaffer and also the show with Brian Johnson both on AXS. Great channel! Can't wait! Love Joe!

09-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Austin. Unfortunately, I don't have AXS so I won't be able to see it. Hopefully, it'll show up on YouTube.

sodascouts
09-14-2019, 08:27 PM
I've got it. Set to record!

shunlvswx
09-16-2019, 09:09 AM
I watched the new show with Paul Shaffer last night. The only thing that was getting on my nerves was Paul kept interrupting Joe as he talk. Let the man freaking talk. Let him finished what you asked him. I hate when interviewers interrupt people as they talk. Its soo annoying. Also Paul also needs to do his homework. If you are going to asked something about somebody's past (i.e. Funk 49 came out when Joe was in James Gang. Its not an Eagles song), know when this and that happened. To tell the truth. He's not a good interviewer.

Other than that, it was a good appearance from Joe. I won't be watching show again.

sodascouts
09-16-2019, 10:03 PM
(i.e. Funk 49 came out when Joe was in James Gang. Its not an Eagles song), know when this and that happened. To tell the truth. He's not a good interviewer.

Wow! That's bad! I have it on my DV-R and was planning on watching it tomorrow, but I have to say, that's pretty disappointing.

KingWalsh
09-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Ya, I hate when interviewers don't let the person speak! I haven't watched either it's on my dvr....a great interview that is the opposite and Joe was able to talk is this one
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFZjB7xUpY&t=2240s

KingWalsh
09-20-2019, 11:11 PM
So I just watched the episode.... It wasn't that bad but had cringy moments of Schaffer not knowing James Gang history or funk 49 and Rocky Mountain Way chronology..smh...🙆 but still a good watch. I mean it's Joe!! I recommend it.

sodascouts
09-24-2019, 10:21 PM
I finally watched it as well. Paul definitely sounded clueless on a lot of his questions and I was always told never waste interview questions on factoids you could easily look up ("So, uh, where were you born? Where did you go to high school?"), but at least he didn't say "So Joe tell us the story about the chainsaw" which is SO FREAKING TIRESOME at this point and he has to tell it on every other interview he does, lol. I like the musically oriented interviews.

It was obvious that there were a couple songs Paul wanted to play with Joe, and those were the songs he knew, and the rest of Joe's catalog outside of his big hits was pretty much inconsequential to him. And even the hits he had learned he had not bothered to familiarize himself with the context of. So yeah, pretty shoddy.

Hearing them play together was interesting, but Joe really threw Paul during "Life in the Fast Lane" when he wanted to play a segment of the song that apparently Paul hadn't planned on doing and so Joe was having to call out the chords and I don't think Paul ever really caught up, lol.

Props to Paul for devoting a whole half hour to Joe, though, and giving him the lavish praise he deserves.

KingWalsh
09-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Ya....it has to be a drag being famous and people ask the same questions over and over like come on people. I love hearing the backstory to songs and in depth music stuff being a guitar player myself. I can't wait for the Brian Johnson one.....

KingWalsh
10-27-2019, 04:11 AM
Poor Joe and his family, what’s wrong with people?!?

https://theblast.com/c/joe-walsh-the-eagles-stalker-arrested-obsessed-fan-the-last-supper-lucy-los-angeles

10-27-2019, 11:36 AM
Wow! This is so scary - this man is deranged. According to the complaint Lucy filed, this is not an isolated incident. This man seems to have been stalking her for some time. At least right now, he is being held in jail on a $50,000 bond pending his court date. Hopefully, he will stay there or be committed for mental treatment.

sodascouts
10-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Woah - so freaky and scary. Yes, he definitely sounds like someone with a mental health problem, not just an overzealous fan. Stalking Joe so he can present him with a plaque depicting The Last Supper?! What the heck?!

KingWalsh
10-29-2019, 10:07 PM
So bizarre. Definite mental issues. Scary

KingWalsh
11-02-2019, 01:26 PM
The Life on the Road w/ Brian Johnson featuring Joe is this Sunday!!! 🙌🏻😎😃
http://www.axs.tv/originals/alotr-joe-walsh/

KingWalsh
11-04-2019, 11:52 PM
So I watched Life on the Road w/ Brian Johnson. It was fun! Joe was relaxed and it’s a good watch, definitely recommend.

FreyFollower
11-05-2019, 05:30 PM
So I watched Life on the Road w/ Brian Johnson. It was fun! Joe was relaxed and it’s a good watch, definitely recommend.

I enjoyed it, too, KW. Joe seemed relaxed, although Brian seemed to have this nervous laughter (when Joe wasn't being funny). Maybe he's just one of those people who habitually do that. Joe should have HIS own show! :nod:

KingWalsh
11-05-2019, 07:48 PM
I enjoyed it, too, KW. Joe seemed relaxed, although Brian seemed to have this nervous laughter (when Joe wasn't being funny). Maybe he's just one of those people who habitually do that. Joe should have HIS own show! :nod:

Ya. I think Brian is a kid at heart and enjoys it as much as we do! Joe was great. This was so refreshing from the regular interview They had fun together and I loved it, even if they brought up the chainsaw,ha ha . I agree get this man a show!

shunlvswx
11-13-2019, 01:26 PM
I just saw on Joe's Facebook page that he will make an appearance tonight on the CMA Awards. I don't know if he's performing with someone or presenting. He didn't say.

KingWalsh
11-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Omg! So excited!! Thanks shun!!!!!!!!!!! Setting the dvr! Maybe Sheryl Crowe "still the good old days"?! 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊Apparently a tribute for Kris Kristofferson and as a presenter 😎

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/76693258_2642236192502121_9009855666243764224_o.jp g?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQn5cAE5n7_Xgja5GOnPKAX1wieffSWANX6YwAKeEEd xpfyUiB5qYYTeMYb1jamYxeM&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=1dc02593dcaff89b975e75d1c37481bc&oe=5E42ABC1

Brooke
11-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Wow, thanks for the headsup, KW! I'll be watching!

FreyFollower
11-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Just spotted Joe in the CMA audience!

Brooke
11-14-2019, 11:34 AM
Saw Joe's presentation and performance! He looked great and I loved his comments about appreciating country music so much since they helped the Eagles to get back together with the recording of the Common Thread album.

I did think he seemed a bit nervous.

I'm sure someone will post videos soon.

KingWalsh
11-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Gonna watch tonight. Love me some Joe!

Brooke
11-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Here's a link to the performance in honor of Kris Kristofferson. I didn't even see KK there! Anyone? Joe is on the far left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unMHzJhnnLc

And here is the presentation bit:

https://abc.com/shows/cma-awards/video/vdka14384739

KingWalsh
11-14-2019, 10:38 PM
So I watched, saw him in audience a lot ha ha. I thought he looked great,I agree Brooke, he looked a lil nervous ...performance was fun but seemed like his guitar was muted or something....but fun. Marjorie was dancing so that was cool to see too.

WalshFan88
11-14-2019, 10:42 PM
I did watch this live last night.

3 things to say, two including Joe.

1st - I absolutely loved Joe "taking the piss" out of Bobby Bones by going "Bobbayyy" over and over. I find Bobby Bones insufferable and quite the weird guy and not a nice one and the fact he used a billboard campaign against himself under a different name to make people feel bad for him and vote him in was pathetic. He is just so incredibly pretentious and I love how ol' Joe had him flustered trying to read scripts.

2nd - I did like the KK tribute, but why have Joe play if all he is going to do is play rhythm? Instead they gave the solo spot to John Osbourne of Brothers Osbourne. I mean at least give Joe a solo spot!

3rd - I didn't care for the throwback vibe of this years CMA awards. I like new country and there was a lot of names I didn't recognize and a bunch of slow sappy songs I didn't care for.

All in all seeing Joe was a surprise because I hadn't checked here or saw it anywhere else. I loved it!

KingWalsh
11-14-2019, 11:05 PM
Walshfan88... I skipped through slower numbers... ha ha. Joe did ruffle Bobby....I totally agree with you !!
As far as the tribute, at one point Joe was high on the neck...and you couldn't even hear it...so I don't know what was going there with the mix...but always happy to see Joe!

shunlvswx
11-14-2019, 11:19 PM
I really didn't enjoyed the show. I grew up watching Vince as the host. I was bored and I didn't know half of the people who were on there. I see why I stopped watching the country awards(well one reason was I was not at home when it came on). Today's country is not my cup of tea. I did enjoy some of the sappy songs. I liked Blake's song. I didn't like Brooks & Dunn updated version of Hard Working Man. I listen to their Redone album today and I didn't like the album. I only liked a few of their updated songs from that album.

Anyway. I hated they had Joe on at the last hour of the show. I wanted to change the channel so bad and I also was watching The Masked Singer during that time and I was hoping I wouldn't miss him. I didn't. I took a bath and Joe was on. I did see majority of the performance. I turned the tv after Joe was done and missed him presenting.

WalshFan88
11-15-2019, 12:33 AM
I really didn't enjoyed the show. I grew up watching Vince as the host. I was bored and I didn't know half of the people who were on there. I see why I stopped watching the country awards(well one reason was I was not at home when it came on). Today's country is not my cup of tea. I did enjoy some of the sappy songs. I liked Blake's song. I didn't like Brooks & Dunn updated version of Hard Working Man. I listen to their Redone album today and I didn't like the album. I only liked a few of their updated songs from that album.

Anyway. I hated they had Joe on at the last hour of the show. I wanted to change the channel so bad and I also was watching The Masked Singer during that time and I was hoping I wouldn't miss him. I didn't. I took a bath and Joe was on. I did see majority of the performance. I turned the tv after Joe was done and missed him presenting.

See, I'm just the opposite, shun. You probably knew the half that I didn't know and I knew the half that you didn't know.

I thought it was actually quite a lot of throwback music and I hate the sappy songs. I want Florida Georgia Line's Cruise, Jason Aldean's My Kinda Party, Luke Bryan's That's My Kind Of Night, etc.

I love today's country, not a fan of the old stuff so much. The Rock/RNB/EDM stuff is more my vibe. I'm not a big hiphop fan but I like the country songs that do it, lol.

I do miss the rock stuff of a few years ago though. I loved the "bro country" stuff. I miss that sound, lol. Now it's very Bruno Mars/Coldplay inspired and while I still like it, I miss the rocked up drop tuned guitars back a couple years ago. While I do like a bit of the Thomas Rhett/Sam Hunt RNB stuff, I miss the rocked up 80s rock throwback stuff back when Florida Georgia Line first came on the scene. Cruise is one of the most important songs in country music history, and IMO it's for a good reason. The traditionalists won't agree with me though, lol. But Cruise was such a smash hit and I remember the uptempo rockin' country.

KingWalsh
11-15-2019, 08:39 AM
Just throwing my two cents in...In music I love all kinds of stuff, when it comes to country I like the “outlaw” sound plus Brad Paisley (the man can shred!!), George Strait, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley,....that kind of vibe. I am not fond of the top40 pop country. And I love a slow song but there was just too many in a row on CMA awards, in my opinion. So skip I did, lol.

WalshFan88
11-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Just throwing my two cents in...In music I love all kinds of stuff, when it comes to country I like the “outlaw” sound plus Brad Paisley (the man can shred!!), George Strait, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley,....that kind of vibe. I am not fond of the top40 pop country. And I love a slow song but there was just too many in a row on CMA awards, in my opinion. So skip I did, lol.

Out of that list, I love Dierks Bentley! Not a big fan or George or Alan. Just not my type of country music. Toby is ok in small doses, lol. I loved the Beer For My Horses song because of the rock guitar intro.

I'm a big fan of Brad Paisley, but an even bigger fan of Keith Urban.

I've seen Keith Urban 3 times now and I love all of his music from his early Ranch days up til the new RNB stuff he's doing. Keith is one of my guitar heroes. He plays a little more in my wheelhouse style wise than Brad. Brad is your straightahead country picker like Bernie Leadon. Keith has a rock edge to him that I really love and he has the best guitar sound I've ever heard live. It's just incredible. His gear collection is ace.

I guess for me I'm just a rock guy. I like other genres, but only when they don't sound like themselves, lol.

shunlvswx
11-15-2019, 06:27 PM
Out of that list, I love Dierks Bentley! Not a big fan or George or Alan. Just not my type of country music. Toby is ok in small doses, lol. I loved the Beer For My Horses song because of the rock guitar intro.

I've seen Keith Urban 3 times now and I love all of his music from his early Ranch days up til the new RNB stuff he's doing. Keith is one of my guitar heroes. He plays a little more in my wheelhouse style wise than Brad. Brad is your straightahead country picker like Bernie Leadon. Keith has a rock edge to him that I really love and he has the best guitar sound I've ever heard live. It's just incredible. His gear collection is ace.

I guess for me I'm just a rock guy. I like other genres, but only when they don't sound like themselves, lol.

Deirks is ok. There's one song I like by him, I'm Ready For a Slow Down. I guess I'm a sucker for slow songs. I like Toby, Brad, and Keith. They came out around the time I was still listening to country music. I remembered when Keith was in the Ranch band. They didn't last long when they came out in the 90s. I remembered seeing Keith and two other country artists at my city's annual festival in the early 2000s. He had just came out with Nothing But the Grace of God. I really wasn't interesting in him. I was seeing the two other country singers, but I guess that counts of seeing him since I did stay and watch his set.

I probably stopped listening to country music after 2005, but I still listen to the 80s, 90s and early 00s music.

KingWalsh
11-15-2019, 07:26 PM

Ya, I am rock 🎸 it's in my veins, in fact haven't listened to much country the past few years, but if I was to put some on it would be from the list above. Joe's my fave by far and wish I could've heard him at CMA play....hoping some vid comes up of James Burton Charity thang. He posted a pic of him and Brian May on his twitter....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJYQ4sFU4AA68hT?format=jpg&name=large

11-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the videos. I didn't watch the CMA's and didn't know Joe was going to be there, so I'm glad they were available. He's definitely staying busy.

sodascouts
11-18-2019, 11:56 PM
Can't believe I missed this while I was running around these past two weeks. Thank goodness for video!

NightMistBlue
11-19-2019, 06:43 PM
Did you see Brian May’s Instagram post about playing with Joe? He said some very lovely things about JW. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CIC-KlqJh/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=5D199ABA-E830-43C6-AD05-C0B3AB023A03

thelastresort
11-19-2019, 07:29 PM
I remember Brian describing Joe as 'a guitar hero to all us guitar heroes' at that gig he mentioned. I think that's quite a nice way of putting it!

sodascouts
11-19-2019, 10:39 PM
Did you see Brian May’s Instagram post about playing with Joe? He said some very lovely things about JW. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CIC-KlqJh/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=5D199ABA-E830-43C6-AD05-C0B3AB023A03

I didn't see that. What a sweet quote! Thanks for posting a link to that!

KingWalsh
11-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Man oh man Joe is a busy guy! Guest appearance at The Black Keys concert last night!! Wow 🤩 I think it’s awesome that he is embraced by the “new” scene. The Black Keys rock and we all know Joe does too!! In the article there is video too. 😎

https://www.google.com/amp/s/livemusicblog.com/news/black-keys-joe-walsh-forum-los-angeles/%3famp

Delilah
11-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Thanks for that link, KingWalsh. Here’s a Variety article about the same gig, along with some news about a new album with Joe:

Variety can exclusive reveal that an album Auerbach, Walsh and Schwartz recorded together back in 2016 will finally be coming out in 2020, on Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound label.

Auerbach befriended the late cofounder of the James Gang — and his successor, Walsh, re-friended him — before Schwartz died in November of 2018 at age 78. The three of them played a gig together at a Nashville honky-tonk in 2016, then followed it with a jam at the Coachella Festival during an appearance there by Auerbach’s other band, the Arcs. It was around that same time the three of them went into a recording studio, the results of which will finally be heard next year.

How cool would it be to catch Joe playing at a Nashville honky-tonk?

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/black-keys-joe-walsh-forum-concert-1203411188/

sodascouts
11-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Man oh man Joe is a busy guy! Guest appearance at The Black Keys concert last night!! Wow 🤩 I think it’s awesome that he is embraced by the “new” scene. The Black Keys rock and we all know Joe does too!! In the article there is video too. 😎

https://www.google.com/amp/s/livemusicblog.com/news/black-keys-joe-walsh-forum-los-angeles/%3famp

Everybody says "He's cool"! lol!

I've heard of the Black Keys but honestly couldn't even name one song by them. Guess I'm out of the loop. Go Joe for being an "in" guy!

KingWalsh
11-23-2019, 06:36 PM
I like the Black keys. They got the retro vibe , yet without coming off as copycats, and sound unique. I'm happy Joe is doing things like this...

WalshFan88
11-23-2019, 09:48 PM
I'm personally not a fan of The Black Keys, but this could be interesting.

As far as newer bands that sound like classic rock, my picks would be Greta Van Fleet (love GTF!!), Blackberry Smoke (albeit southern rock), and Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown (blues-y rock).

shunlvswx
12-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Happy 44th Anniversary of Joe joining the Eagles.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-joins-eagles/

KingWalsh
12-20-2019, 08:14 PM
An anniversary to celebrate in deed!😎

12-21-2019, 01:04 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, JOE!!!

In spite of many people doubting this move at the time, it sure turned out to be a brilliant decision for both you and the band!

WalshFan88
12-21-2019, 06:45 PM
This was a huge thing for the band. It cannot be understated.

As I've always said - getting rid of Bernie Leadon and getting Joe Walsh in the band is the move that took them from being a well known country-rock band to being a full fledged hot rock and roll supergroup with a wider appeal to many more people. It was the move that put them into a whole new stratosphere of success. I always say - adding Don Felder was the start of it and a sign of things moving in the right direction for the Eagles, but Bernie leaving and getting Joe cinched it! Hotel California went on to be one of the best selling studio albums of all time (not including compilations or live albums). A true definition of masterpiece!

Happy Anniversary Joe!

Brooke
12-23-2019, 03:22 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, JOE!!!

In spite of many people doubting this move at the time, it sure turned out to be a brilliant decision for both you and the band!

I have to say my husband and I were doubters, but sure glad they made that decision! Awesome move for him and the band!

WalshFan88
12-23-2019, 06:18 PM
I could see that some fans back then were concerned about it. I would have been, had I preferred their early works, it's understandable.

I guess if you like country music and soft rock, you would think getting rid of Leadon and adding a rock and roll bad@ss (lol, it has to be said!) would mean less quality in terms of harmony vocals and less depth to the music. For me, being a fan of only rock n' roll music (and other genres who sound like rock n' roll, lol), and a fan of mostly guitar focused bands - I think had I been around in 1975 I would have been elated. I'm not sure that I would have gone to see the band pre-Walsh. Certainly not pre-Felder. Just not my thing. The smooth crooning and deep lyricism don't move me the way double entendres and loud guitars do. And yeah, to be completely honest I think the harmonies did take a slight decline, but that's not why I liked them. I liked them despite their vocal strengths. To me that wasn't the draw. It was their overall sound.

That said, I think they proved the naysayers wrong. However, there are those who think to this day that they still don't like the later Eagles as much as the original 4. And that's fine. But for me, adopting a more rock sound with a pop sensibility is what drove me to them, not away from them. I think it's fine if someone prefers the original 4 vs the Felder/Walsh combination. But for me, with no disrespect to Bernie as he's a talented country musician, it was a big change for the better, for what I like to hear, and I think for what the masses like to hear. I think Take It Easy, despite being billed as a country song - has a lot of rock energy to it and a reckless abandon that you would later see develop into what became songs like Already Gone or Life In The Fast Lane. Witchy Woman was the precursor to One Of These Nights, by comparison.

Walsh or not - it was only a matter of time before they started shedding more of the country sound in favor of a more accessible radio-friendly AOR format. I think Glenn wanted to rock more. His persona fits that more of a bad boy rocker than a softly-voiced crooner. And Henley with his rasp just leant itself wonderfully to rock music. Someone once told me that Rod Stewart needed a cough drop, especially with the Faces and his first couple solo albums. I told them that would have been the end of his career. Leave the perfectly intonated voice to Barry Manilow or the Bee Gees (both I cannot stand, btw). That rasp made him great.

KingWalsh
03-25-2020, 04:28 AM
Joe to appear on new season of AXSTV’s Sammy Hagar’s Rock n Roll Road Trip show! I don’t have axs anymore :weep::weep:man do I miss that channel 😞

http://www.axs.tv/press_articles/axs-tvs-popular-music-series-rock-roll-road-trip-with-sammy-hagar-returns-for-its-fifth-season-premiering-sunday-april-19-at-830-p-m-et-530-p-m-pt/

Brooke
03-25-2020, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I don't have it either and miss it. :sad:

KingWalsh
03-27-2020, 04:47 PM
Joe tweeted yesterday! :grin: hasn't posted in quite some time!

He said to stay home be safe, and stay healthy, Love Joe
(So sweet😊)

He also posted regarding Dhani Harrison and The MaterialWorldFoundation raising funds during the pandemic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/1243292207039172608
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/1243292207039172608

03-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Thanks for sharing this, KW.

KingWalsh
03-31-2020, 03:42 AM
No prob! Dreamer.😊 always checkin what Joe is up to. Ha ha. Was a little worried with everything going on and he hasn’t posted in some time. I’ve spent countless hours surfing the web for pics, articles, etc. I saw a couple Of pics I haven’t seen before from the 80s when he was at a radio station with Rick “the bass player” and he was in shorts. And a few of him James Gang days backstage that I never seen before either, I knew I should’ve posted those when I saw them cuz now I can’t find them! Hoping they show themselves again. Funny how searches can be like that.

KingWalsh
04-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Sad article about John Entwhistle and Joe's last encounters with him and unsure what to do. :weep:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-john-entwistle/

04-05-2020, 11:01 AM
That is sad, KW. Thanks for posting it though. It makes you admire Joe even more for having the strength to overcome his demons.

KingWalsh
04-06-2020, 03:44 PM
Absolutely dreamer. He is so inspiring. I’m so glad he talks about it too. Many just can’t, but I feel that his outreach touches so many.

New Kid In Town
04-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Wow, that is such a sad article. Thank God Joe got sober in 94. He is an amazing story of how someone can change their life. Thanks for posting.

KingWalsh
04-11-2020, 03:33 AM
Anytime NKIT. Thank God indeed.

KingWalsh
05-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Beautiful heartfelt tweet from Joe regarding Kent State ❤

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/1257410401433681923

sodascouts
05-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Did you see Joe's tweet about Little Richard? I remember how he included that ham with him on Analog Man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/1259237435445215234

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXm1wh_WoAIWH9F?format=jpg

KingWalsh
05-15-2020, 03:47 AM
Thanks for posting soda! I love this pic and the jam on analog man is great.

EagleLady
05-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Such a sad article about Entwistle 🙁 makes me so glad joe conquered his demons

shunlvswx
05-21-2020, 03:08 PM
Joe will have his own weekly radio show that will start this Saturday at 6:00pm Pacific Time on 88.7fm radio. You can listen to it online.

https://csunshinetoday.csun.edu/arts-and-culture/music-legend-joe-walsh-brings-old-fashioned-rock-n-roll-radio-to-88-5-fm/

https://www.885fm.org/programs/joe-walshs-old-fahsioned-rocknroll-radio-show/

KingWalsh
05-21-2020, 03:43 PM
You beat me to it Shun! I was so excited when I saw this just now!:blueblob::smitten::D
i can’t wait I can’t wait!!!!!

KingWalsh
05-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Joe busy as usual, along with David Crosby, Sheryl Crow doing a live show tonight fundraiser for Joe Biden...too bad they didn't do that for Kent State, I guess it didn't work logistically or something. These things always happen when I have to work, hopefully I'll be able to catch later

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-joe-walsh-joe-biden-benefit/ (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-joe-walsh-joe-biden-benefit/)

WalshFan88
05-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Joe busy as usual, along with David Crosby, Sheryl Crow doing a live show tonight fundraiser for Joe Biden...too bad they didn't do that for Kent State, I guess it didn't work logistically or something. These things always happen when I have to work, hopefully I'll be able to catch later

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-joe-walsh-joe-biden-benefit/ (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-crosby-joe-walsh-joe-biden-benefit/)

I knew I liked those artists for a reason. ;) :grin: That's so awesome.

I thought Joe was doing a gig for the Kent State anniversary, probably got cancelled due to COVID would be my guess. I thought I remembered talk about a gig for that, maybe not.

shunlvswx
05-28-2020, 05:56 PM
Yeah. I think Kent State concert was cancel. I think there are some things you probably can't do online, but than again. You can with today's technology. I've seen where a performer's band perform from different parts of the world and turned out great.

KingWalsh
05-28-2020, 06:16 PM
Holy crap i guess I won't be watching. I know it's a fundraiser but oof!

https://secure.joebiden.com/onlineactions/VPAgEiVfRESouvUbXvBzYA2

Ya Covid killed Kent State Anniversary Concert but couldve been cool to see something like this done for it considering circumstances.

I saw that too Shun, I was hoping the boys would do something like that where they played at different locations etc. Maybe fingers crossed

05-30-2020, 01:06 PM
Thanks for posting that, KW. Glad to see Joe is keeping busy and continuing to support the causes he believes in!

Delilah
07-01-2020, 06:07 PM
It doesn’t seem this has been posted yet - Joe will be part of Ringo Starr’s birthday celebration on July 7 which will be featured on YT. It will also be a charity fundraiser.

The event, which debuts on YouTube on July 7 at 8PM ET, will include home performances and previously unseen concert footage from Starr, Paul McCartney (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tags/paul-mccartney/), Joe Walsh (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tags/joe-walsh/), Gary Clark Jr. (https://diffuser.fm/tags/gary-clark-jr/), Sheryl Crow (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tags/sheryl-crow/), Sheila E (https://ultimateprince.com/tags/sheila-e/), Ben Harper (https://diffuser.fm/tags/ben-harper/) and more."As everyone knows, I love gathering with fans for peace and love on my birthday," Starr said in a statement. "But this year, I want everyone to be safe at home - so I called up a few friends, and we put this Big Birthday Show together so we could still celebrate my birthday with you all with some great music for some great charities. I hope you will all join me! Peace and love, Ringo."

Read More: Ringo Starr Taps Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh for 80th Birthday Show (https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo-starr-80th-birthday-show/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral) | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo-starr-80th-birthday-show/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

KingWalsh
08-14-2020, 03:18 AM
Joe tweeted regarding VetsAid being virtual performance this year due to COVID. He also mentioned that he lost a friend to COVID as well. 😞

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeWalsh/status/1293618700503875587/photo/1

08-15-2020, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting this update, KW. Soda, Glennsallnighter, Houston Baby, and I all attended last year's concert in Houston. We had a great time hanging out with one another, touring the city, and attending the show. What a difference a year makes! :sad:

KingWalsh
08-19-2020, 04:33 AM
Tell me about it. So cool y’all got together to enjoy!

Delilah
08-29-2020, 10:50 AM
If this has been posted already, my apologies. This is a great interview with Joe’s long-time collaborator and friend Joe Vitale, who discusses several topics including Mr. Walsh. The Eagles are brought up as well as his and Joe’s reaction to Bob Dylan’s choice of favorite Eagles song. Mr. Vitale has certainly performed with some heavy-hitters!

This passage reveals Joe’s desire to be in a band where he wasn’t shouldering all the responsibility pre-dated the Eagles:

How did Joe want Barnstorm to be different than the James Gang?
He wanted more of a band thing. In other words, in the James Gang, Joe did a lot of everything. He was the lead singer, lead guitar player, wrote most of everything. He was main presence and that’s a lot of pressure on an individual, to be the guy that everyone is coming to see. He wanted to be in a band. He’s a real band guy. There’s a difference. There are solo artists out there and that’s what they want to do. They’re the boss and the focus is on them. Joe is more shy than that onstage. He rocks out, but he likes the whole band thing.
His goal was in starting the band was that he wanted other people to write songs and sing, whatever. We all participated. We had a good four- or five-year run. Then I stayed with Joe after Barnstorm broke up. I still work with him.

“Drummer Joe Vitale on His 50-Year Saga With CSNY, Joe Walsh, the Eagles, and John Lennon”, by Andy Greene, Rolling Stone, August 27, 2020 (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/drummer-joe-vitale-interview-joe-walsh-eagles-csny-1048459/)

08-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Thanks Delilah. I'm looking forward to reading this when a get a little more time. I really enjoyed Joe's book - he's a really good storyteller. I guess it helps a lot when you've as many good stories to tell as Joe does.

KingWalsh
09-05-2020, 05:03 AM
Delilah thanks for heads up! Joe Vitale is a treasure! Great read, and Dreamer, I couldn’t agree more, Joe’s book is so fun and the pictures are fantastic. I recommend both to anyone who hasn’t read em yet!

Brooke
09-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Wow, lonnnng article, but very good!

Thanks Delilah!

Scamp
09-23-2020, 07:26 AM
If this has been posted already, my apologies. This is a great interview with Joe’s long-time collaborator and friend Joe Vitale, who discusses several topics including Mr. Walsh. The Eagles are brought up as well as his and Joe’s reaction to Bob Dylan’s choice of favorite Eagles song. Mr. Vitale has certainly performed with some heavy-hitters!

This passage reveals Joe’s desire to be in a band where he wasn’t shouldering all the responsibility pre-dated the Eagles:

“Drummer Joe Vitale on His 50-Year Saga With CSNY, Joe Walsh, the Eagles, and John Lennon”, by Andy Greene, Rolling Stone, August 27, 2020 (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/drummer-joe-vitale-interview-joe-walsh-eagles-csny-1048459/)

I read in where Joe said the same to Don when he talked about maybe breaking away form the Eagles and forming their own band. Also I thought it was funny that in the History part 2 video, Henley said the same thing about his solo career. I guess it sounds great to be a solo artist but there is a lot more than one realizes.

KingWalsh
10-19-2020, 03:28 AM
Joe is keeping busy! He will be part of a virtual celebration of Jerry Lee Lewis on October 27 8pm EST.
Hosted by John Stamos it’ll feature Mr. Walsh plus many others including Billy Gibbons, Bonnie Raitt, Elton John, Marty Stuart and many others, with more to be announced. Here is a link. Sounds fun! Watch via YouTube, Jerry Lee Lewis website and Facebook page. Says to benefit WorldVision, yet unclear of cost...if any. Maybe it’ll be like Ringo’s birthday Where they asked for contributions yet was free to watch.
https://jerryleelewis.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Whole-Lotta-Celebratin-Goin-On-85-Years-Of-The-Killer.pdf

https://jerryleelewis.com/2020/10/13/whole-lotta-celebratin-goin-on-85-years-of-the-killer-hosted-by-john-stamos-to-air-october-27-benefitting-world-vision/

shunlvswx
11-20-2020, 06:55 PM
I just saw on Lucy’s IG page that Joe’s dad died today. He lived to be 104. Wow!!

I’m guessing Joe’s father was the last of the Eagles parents that was still alive.

Thank you, Mr. Walsh for adopting Joe when he was little and making him your own.

KingWalsh
11-20-2020, 07:14 PM
On how sad! He lived a long life 104 amazing! Prayers to the family. On Joe's birthday. Wow.

Scamp
11-21-2020, 09:14 AM
Just ran across this by accident.
https://www.grunge.com/239248/the-tragic-death-of-joe-walshs-daughter/

11-21-2020, 01:01 PM
Well - that is sad, especially to lose a parent on your birthday. My thoughts are with Joe today. I'm sure he has lots of fond memories of a long life well-lived.

And Scamp - thanks for re-posting that article about Emma. Her death made an indelible mark on Joe.

shunlvswx
11-21-2020, 01:08 PM
I’m sorry. He was 94 not 104. I know I saw 1916.

CAinOH
12-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Rolling Stone interviews Joe:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/rs-interview-special-edition-with-joe-walsh/ar-BB1bBzL2?li=BBnbhK0

My My
12-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Thanks, CA. It's nice to see the thoughtful side of Joe along with the fun, crazy stuff. I've always thought that going through recovery has made him be able to handle adversity and to let things go. Also, Life's Been REALLY Good when you can buy a Maserati just to make other people happy!

KingWalsh
12-04-2020, 05:42 AM
Thanks for posting the vid is on YouTube! I’ll post on joe’s vids thread 😉

KingWalsh
01-09-2021, 04:41 AM
Here’s a little article regarding Joe’s positive outlook for 2021 and wanting to okay live again.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2021/1/4/joe-walsh-hopes-playing-music-live-again-will-help-in-the-re.html

KingWalsh
01-23-2021, 05:20 AM
So Chad Cromwell sat down recently with Rolling Stone and discussed his amazing drumming career. Talked about his time with Joe. Pretty cool. He mentioned that in 1988, Joe joined Neil Young onstage for “Tonight’s the Night” at Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center. Has anyone seen any footage? Would love to. I have searched but came up empty handed. Or even audio? Might check SoundCloud later. I searched for it, and stumbled upon an old article/interview with Rick Rosas regarding Joe as well. Links below to both.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/chad-cromwell-drummer-interview-neil-young-mark-knopfler-joe-walsh-1112767/

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2014_11_09_archive.html?m=1

the last link, you have to scroll a bit to get to the Rick Rosas interview. Pretty cool as well.

01-23-2021, 01:15 PM
Thanks for those, KW. I'm afraid I haven't seen that footage, but maybe someone else here has.

Scamp
01-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Haven't found a video yet but I did find this. Maybe it might help in running something down, more info.
1988-09-03
Blossom Music Center (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?venue_key=70), Cuyahoga Falls (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?city=Cuyahoga%20Falls), Ohio (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?state=Ohio), USA (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?country=USA)
w/ The Bluenotes (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?artist_key=bn2)
1. Ten Men Workin' (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=566)
2. Hello Lonely Woman (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=250)
3. I'm Goin' (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=294)
4. Married Man (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=384)
5. Crime Of The Heart (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=119)
6. Your Love Is Good To Me (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=673)
7. Coupe De Ville (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=116)
8. Ordinary People (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=443)
9. Days That Used To Be (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=133)
10. Boxcar* (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=75)
11. After The Gold Rush (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=18)
12. Fool For Your Love (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=194)
13. Bad News Comes To Town (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=46)
14. Sunny Inside (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=553)
15. Hey Hey (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=257)
16. This Note's For You (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=594)
17. Doghouse (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=146)
---
18. Tonight's The Night (http://www.sugarmtn.org/song.php?song=603) (accompanied by Joe Walsh)

* - song debut
Notes:
with Joe Walsh on Tonight's The Night
Tour:
1988 Sponsored By Nobody Tour with The Bluenotes (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?tour_key=132)
Band:
The Bluenotes, Line Up 2 (http://www.sugarmtn.org/getshows.php?artist_key=bn2)

Neil Young - vocals, guitar, harmonica, Ben Keith - alto saxophone, Larry Cragg - baritone saxophone, Steve Lawrence - tenor saxophone, Claude Cailliet - trombone, Tom Bray - trumpet, John Fumo - trumpet, Frank Sampedro - organ, vocals, Rick Rosas - bass, Chad Cromwell - drums, Joe Walsh - guitar on Tonight's The Night

KingWalsh
01-28-2021, 12:08 PM
so Joe posted on his Facebook page a link to USA TODAY regarding VetsAid raised $250,000 total! Awesome! And list of organizations that will receive money. It’s also a great article regarding possible new solo music, and dare I say Eagles? :woah: It’s a fun read,plus Joe got his first round of vaccine yay!! I get my second dose tomorrow.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/01/27/joe-walsh-eagles-vetsaid-2020-tour-new-music/4261713001/

P.S. thanks for that Scamp, I know the chance of footage from this show is low but figured it was worth a shot.

Scamp
03-17-2021, 08:58 AM
Here's an article where Joe talks about his time in High School and living in NJ.

https://njmonthly.com/articles/jersey-living/before-the-fast-lane/

Here's another article Joeat his HS for a concert Be sure to listen to the YouTube video. Joe is Rocking Funk 49 as I've never heard him play it. WOW

https://www.njarts.net/pop-rock/joe-walsh-returns-to-his-high-school-in-montclair-for-a-rocking-benefit/

KingWalsh
03-19-2021, 04:00 AM
Thanks Scamp looks like I have some reading to do. :nod:

KingWalsh
04-05-2021, 03:21 AM
Here is a blog I stumbled upon while on break at work. Cool story regarding a fan interaction. Unsure if it was posted before but new to me. http://nuttallart.blogspot.com/2008/07/floatin-on-bubble.html?m=1

CAinOH
06-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Joe has been in the "news" much lately!

Joe releases 3 songs to benefit frontline workers:
https://bestclassicbands.com/joe-walsh-prayers-new-recordings-amjad-ali-khan-6-4-21/?fbclid=IwAR1DEO3j2UzPR5dlOsN6q_CU_24LOm57c-e2L03n0VBX-3syowJRLEgsRXc

Joe Walsh surprises crowd at Coachella Valley Arena groundbreaking:
https://www.desertsun.com/story/life/2021/06/02/joe-walsh-eagles-surprises-crowd-arena-groundbreaking/7497701002/?fbclid=IwAR2YfPJhYbPTkpM1oXviCfUQUkNg8GOydh7CJzPl B3LF-ZeXuJ-ylDpxhtE

And... Joe Walsh hints the Eagles will be opening act at new Coachella Valley Arena:
https://nbcpalmsprings.com/2021/06/02/joe-walsh-hints-the-eagles-will-be-opening-act-at-new-coachella-valley-arena/?fbclid=IwAR18haWmjzsPT7_4k7AuzNSUzvupLYkBTMUvRt1t uZjRPwFm-VBP7qV7wlI

CAinOH
06-04-2021, 02:53 PM
Here's a direct link to Joe's new song "Hope (We Shall Overcome)":

https://youtu.be/wCwq2YYUwek

CAinOH
06-04-2021, 02:54 PM
And here's a direct link to the video talking about the Eagles playing at the new Coachella Valley Arena:

https://youtu.be/g2JspLQcai8

Delilah
06-04-2021, 07:47 PM
Thanks for those links, CAinOH. Joe is sounding and looking good. It sounds like he expects the Eagles to be performing in 2022!

KingWalsh
06-05-2021, 09:26 AM
Thanks For posting CAinOH!! :blueblob: This week has been a crazy one for me. So good to see. He’s such a busy boy. So cool that he did this.

06-05-2021, 02:53 PM
^ What she said. ^

Elle81
06-07-2021, 11:58 AM
Having, as Joe said, a "world class" music venue in Coachella would be awesome. Right now, they just have the Coachella music and arts festival, that has been (in my honest opinion) declining in quality over the years. And that usually attracts the younger crowd, while the biggest city close to the valley is Palm Springs, which is a Baby Boomer mecca. So maybe this new venue would bring in older artists and older fans.

WalshFan88
06-08-2021, 12:05 PM
While I'm not onboard with the Eagles moving on, it was cool to see Joe come out to the opening and it's always cool to hear him talk!

Scamp
06-09-2021, 09:01 AM
I think it's a nice size stadium, not as big as Staples or the Forum so maybe it will attract bands like Joe's there. It's hard to fill a big place without touring with another band. I think it would be an ideal site for Joe. Wouldn't it be great to see a Daddy Daughter show or tour. Joe will be there for Vet's Aid maybe Irving will give him a break on a solo show. LOL
It should help Coachella attract some good shows too also it can be an all year round site Maybe help build the economy around the arena.

Scamp
09-18-2021, 08:33 AM
My neighbor and I were talking yesterday about rockers who stayed here in SoCal. One thing to another and we were talking about bands, Eagles, REO, and Chicago. He said how Chicago was his favorite band, He's from ILL. Said when he was a kid his Mom had to work and he, sister and brother stayed with a lady and her son M-F. He then said the ladies name was Mrs Walsh, Joe's mother. He said basically he and Joe were together every week for a year. His nephew actually wrote Mrs Walsh telling her about it and how he was a fan of Joes. She talked to Joe and got him a backstage pass to one of Joe's concert.
Now I'm going have to get with him and try to get more info on Joe as a kid

I belong to a Gretsch site and if you put Joe Walsh in the search there are pages of post with people mentioning Joe, from his guitars, couple old pictures even one of a member getting an aluminum pick from a friend who was Joe's yoga instructor. The site is about Gretsch guitars and anything to do with them from who plays, models, pickups and models. I like it, it's a good bunch of people and really helpful when you need something. They also talk about other guitars too.
Heres the link if you're interested, you don't have to join to look.

https://www.gretsch-talk.com

New Kid In Town
09-18-2021, 09:33 AM
Hi Scamp - Joe loved in Ohio until he was 11. He then moved to NYC, where he lived for 6 months before moving to Montclair, NJ. He lived in Montclair from age 11 until he graduated from HS. He went to Kent State Univ. In Ohio for college. He must have lived in Ill. as a young kid. If you get more info on Joe as a kid let us know.

Scamp
09-19-2021, 10:29 AM
In his speech at the Ohio AA meeting he says he was born in Wichita Kansas and moved to Evanston ILL. which is where my neighbor lived, then to Ohio. He says in the speech how they moved around a lot. Must have been tough on him as a kid.
Here's the link to the speech. I know I put it on here before. It is really interesting to hear him speak about his life and all the things he has gone through.

https://fstrecovery.com/2020/07/16/eagles-band-member-joe-walsh-is-amazing-aa-speaker/

KingWalsh
09-23-2021, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your fascinating posts Scamp! I remember him in an interview saying it was hard always being the new kid, so he gravitated towards being funny, because when you're funny people tend not to pick on you. (Something close to that) Definitely find out some more info if you can. I'll be checking out that Gretsch site and your other links ! :thumbsup:

KingWalsh
10-04-2021, 12:42 PM
So this is a few months old, but I listened to it recently pretty cool interview with Joe. Guitar oriented. Wong Notes Podcast. It’s available on Spotify, iTunes as well. But there is a link below that has the audio as well.

https://www.premierguitar.com/podcast/wong-notes/joe-walsh-interview

KingWalsh
10-04-2021, 12:44 PM
So this is a few months old, but I listened to it recently pretty cool interview with Joe. Guitar oriented. Wong Notes Podcast. It’s available on Spotify, iTunes as well. But there is a link below that has the audio as well.

FreyFollower
11-17-2021, 11:01 AM
Joe announces VetsAid 2021: The Basement Show! https://www.musicconnection.com/joe-walsh-announces-vetsaid-2021-the-basement-show/

Scamp
11-18-2021, 11:05 AM

Good find KW Listened to it to the end. I like hearing Joe talk about guitars and amps. Also about the old groups. He has so much knowledge about the history of Rock music.
One thing I did hear him say and he said the same on the PRS interview, I think, was "In the time I have left" I know that's something we all probably say when we get up there in age, I'm only two years behind him, and I"ve said it. When one hears someone like Joe say it, it sounds scary. When you think about all the rock bands of the 70's-80's and what they did and used it must have taken a toll on their bodies. So many didn't make it because of that.
Rock on JOe.

11-19-2021, 02:09 PM
I agree Scamp - it's not comfortable for us to think about this for our rock heroes. Hopefully, Joe and the other guys have many more good years ahead of them.

FreyFollower
12-09-2021, 09:31 AM
https://oldies93fm.com/2021/12/07/ringo-starr-to-perform-live-with-joe-walsh-on-walshs-virtual-2021-vetsaid-benefit-show/
More details on VetsAid Basement Show.

Scamp
12-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Should be good. Wonder who all will sneak in..LOL
I sure hope he'll have good security because of all the things happening in the area. It's spooky to show the inside of your house now and especially all his guitars.

12-09-2021, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up, FF. I hope I can watch the show that night. Marking my calendar now.

shunlvswx
12-09-2021, 06:45 PM
I bought my tickets for the concert. I can’t wait.

12-21-2021, 09:41 PM
I'm replying to this thread as a test to see if it will correct the recent board issues we've been having.

ETA: Okay - it seems to have worked.

shunlvswx
12-28-2021, 03:02 AM
Did anybody watched this year's Vetsaid? They are reshowing it again until January 31st. Joe, Marjorie, and Christian were in chat last night answering questions. Joe answered a lot from us. I had a few questions answered and comments about a performance. They didn't stay to long last night. I left after they did.

12-28-2021, 05:44 PM
Very cool that Joe answered some of your questions, shun. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch this.

Elle81
12-28-2021, 06:10 PM
That is awesome, Shun! I wish I could've watched it this year, but I'm trying to save my money for my move. Hopefully I'll be able to see it next year.

KingWalsh
12-30-2021, 09:30 PM
Of course I watched. 😃 very cool they extended it, I watched in batches. Missed the watch along, however, I did comment a bit the first night it aired. He didn't respond to me directly, but I was still a lil fangirl, lol. Oh and I was just watching the end with some of the comments still showing from the watch a long and I saw Shundra....I was like is that Shun??? So cool to see that it was. Glad you got that opportunity Shun :thumbsup:

Scamp
01-04-2022, 10:14 AM
Ran across this on another site, The Gear Page, it's interesting to read what others think of his playing and some good videos on it too.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/lets-talk-joe-walsh.2152740/

Pink Champagne
01-20-2022, 12:38 AM
Not sure where to put this but did anyone see Joe on “The Conners” tonight? It was a nice surprise seeing him!

FreyFollower
01-20-2022, 01:45 AM
Not sure where to put this but did anyone see Joe on “The Conners” tonight? It was a nice surprise seeing him!
I don't care for the show, so I wasn't watching. Sorry I missed it. I don't know why they don't give fans a heads up.
Did he play himself? I'm sure it was fun with Joe on board!

P.S. Love your avitar!

Pink Champagne
01-20-2022, 01:17 PM
He played the father of one of the characters. At the end, he and John Goodman had a little jam session which was great to see.

I love Glenn in pink - my favorite color! I always try to get my husband to wear pink but he flat out refuses.

Scamp
01-22-2022, 09:40 AM
Watched The Conners last night. Recorded it from on demand.
Good to see Joe on tv. Funny how he described himself in the show. Makes me wonder if it was him coming up with the lines or were they written for him. When he came in with beer in his hand that caught my attention wanted to see how he was going to handle it. I did notice he never put the bottle up to his mouth even when John drank his. He just set it off to the side. Laughed at the jam session at the end. Sounded like they were making it up as they went along. It was funny, wish it was longer. Wonder if he'll be on it again.

Scamp
01-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Heres an article about Joe on The Conners show

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-the-conners/

02-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that, Scamp. Joe did a great job. I would bet that Joe had some input into the character. Some of the humor is classic Joe and seems like a lot of it was improv. Here it is on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XM0RNDdJ-g&t=11s

Scamp
02-18-2022, 01:11 PM
Ran across this on Find a Grave Joe's Dad's headstone

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/50329006/robert-newton-fidler

Scamp
03-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Reading a book right now "Joe Walsh" by Thomas. Picked it up on Amazon. So far it's been good. Doesn't deal with all the parting and Joes personal life but more his music career. He talks a lot about the bands Joe had played in, Joes style of playing and some reviews of Joe. Some chapters don't even mention Joe.
It's not ant authorize Joe book but it is informative Chapters are short more like sections.Right now I'm at Joe and Felder chapter. It's been easy reading, no pictures. Does mention Joe's marriages and kids but more in passing. He mentioned Moon giving Joe speed and when Joe and Marjorie first meet, Joes big hands and long fingers helping his playing style.
Haven't finished it yet but if you want to add to your Joe collection it's good.

03-25-2022, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Scamp.

Scamp
03-30-2022, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Scamp.

Finished
Joe Walsh book. Going to read it again. Mentioned at Glenn's memorial that a tearful Joe played a song on the piano he wrote for Glenn. Wondering if anyone has heard it?..
Over all I think it was a good book. Lots of info. Somethings most of us know, been in print or quotes from Joe or others. It was well done, about 250 pages no pictures I really liked all the different band info, how they organized, who was in them and when.
I'd recommend it. Nothing Kristen's book This book was more about Joe's career then his personal life.

WalshFan88
04-14-2022, 12:09 PM
Finished
Joe Walsh book. Going to read it again. Mentioned at Glenn's memorial that a tearful Joe played a song on the piano he wrote for Glenn. Wondering if anyone has heard it?..
Over all I think it was a good book. Lots of info. Somethings most of us know, been in print or quotes from Joe or others. It was well done, about 250 pages no pictures I really liked all the different band info, how they organized, who was in them and when.
I'd recommend it. Nothing Kristen's book This book was more about Joe's career then his personal life.

I'm going to order it. I was just waiting on a review from someone here I could trust. Thanks for sharing!

RushFanForever
07-01-2022, 12:25 AM
Joe Walsh is featured in the latest issue of Vintage Guitar (July 2022) magazine, which can be read here (https://cloud.3dissue.com/196659/197012/230687/VGMJUL2022vw2a8z9d3D/index.html?page=64).

07-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the link, RFF. Very interesting.

FreyFollower
07-22-2022, 09:34 PM
Joe to have a residency on Stephen Colbert Show.
https://www.avclub.com/st-vincent-james-taylor-joe-walsh-colbert-residencies-1849320338

07-24-2022, 05:35 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this, FF. I'll have to set my DVD to record this. (FYI - Joe's residency is scheduled for the week beginning August 8th.)

WalshFan88
07-24-2022, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I love Stephen Colbert.

shunlvswx
07-24-2022, 10:05 PM
I remembered reading this on Facebook.

So let me get this straight. So Joe will be playing with the house band every night that week?

07-25-2022, 12:45 AM
That's the way I understand it, shun.

WalshFan88
07-25-2022, 02:01 PM
Here's hoping he does some Life's Been Good. Never get tired of hearing that one... It was cool seeing him on the Connors.

New Kid In Town
07-26-2022, 09:22 AM
https://www.avclub.com/st-vincent-james-taylor-joe-walsh-colbert-residencies-1849320338

WOW - Many thanks for the heads up FF. I love Stephen Colbert too. Just a little trivia....... Stephen Colbert lives in Montclair, NJ and Joe grew up in Montclair, NJ too. Very cool ! I will sure to be watching and looking forward to seeing both. I confess I do not know who the female singer is though.:blush:

Scamp
07-27-2022, 08:28 AM
I'm set to record two weeks. I like James Taylor and he's the week before Joe. Two of my favorites.

FreyFollower
08-02-2022, 03:24 AM
Info on Vets Aid 2022!
https://www.nationwidearena.com/events/detail/vets-aid?fbclid=IwAR3o55z6nuociryAXKx0g5bmxlxB7hWoCqtdO t5-jXCSVlB1HCTNtuELKLY

Scamp
08-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Thought this was interesting, Brian May talks about Joe.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1206379/Queen-Brian-May-Freddie-Mercury-Joe-Walsh-Instagram

Billy Howerdel talks about Joe's impact on his style

https://rockcelebrities.net/billy-howerdel-reflects-on-joe-walshs-impact-on-his-style/

Scamp
08-14-2022, 08:19 AM

Recorded and watched both James and Joe. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to hear all the playing. The audience had a great show, we got commercials with a little side picture and some music. When they came back from commercial the audience wouldn't stop applauding Joe. Stephen did a quick interview with James but just talked to Joe while he was on the stage. I did like Joe's comment about making more money with the Eagles. They also talked about Vets Aid.
I'd love to see Stephen have Joe as a guest. He could take over the show LOL Joe looked good, Marjorie must be taking care of him. He has said she makes him work out. He looked fit but seemed to be sitting down more than I've seen him before. But I noticed James sat down too.
Over all I would have loved to be in the audience although I'm not really a fan of Stephen but what a free show it must have been.

FreyFollower
08-14-2022, 11:03 AM
Recorded and watched both James and Joe. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to hear all the playing. The audience had a great show, we got commercials with a little side picture and some music. When they came back from commercial the audience wouldn't stop applauding Joe. Stephen did a quick interview with James but just talked to Joe while he was on the stage. I did like Joe's comment about making more money with the Eagles. They also talked about Vets Aid.
I'd love to see Stephen have Joe as a guest. He could take over the show LOL Joe looked good, Marjorie must be taking care of him. He has said she makes him work out. He looked fit but seemed to be sitting down more than I've seen him before. But I noticed James sat down too.
Over all I would have loved to be in the audience although I'm not really a fan of Stephen but what a free show it must have been.

Luckily, I saw James first one night, and knew what to expect. The Idea to have musical guests sit in with the band was a good one. But why wouldn't you take full advantage of the opportunity to utilize their talent? I thought, "What the heck is this?---You're not going to let the TV audience enjoy their performances?" Like you said, the audience was still clamoring for Joe as the guests came on. And we had to be satisfied with a couple of opening or closing notes. I wonder when they agreed to do it if artists realized that it wouldn't be the exposure (at least I) was expecting?
WHY?:shrug::x

WalshFan88
08-14-2022, 03:36 PM
I agree it would have been cool to have Joe on as a guest. I love Colbert. Out of all of the late night TV hosts I like him the most. He's tenacious and he doesn't pull any punches with people I have disdain for, lol. I find him hilarious as all get out. A lot of the other ones just are stuffy or goofy to me. Even if I agree with what they are saying sometimes.

I thought the music was awesome. I think James and Joe working on music together would be cool. They did a song together at one of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festivals several years ago which was nice. Very different players and artists but that yin and yang can bring a lot of good creativity a lot of the time. On paper as a rocker I shouldn't like James's music but I do as a change of pace. I still hate jazz or classical or Sinatra-type music but the acoustic soft rock is something I can still get in to from time to time.

I think Joe should have his own show personally. If Kelly Clarkson can have a show (which is good!), I think Joe should too. Can you imagine him cutting it up with a comic or an actor or just being his usual comic self? Or telling stories or just playing music. I prefer video format to audio only, so I wouldn't like a radio show as much but a TV show would be cool - even if it was only online through Peacock or something. I think it would be fun and definitely entertaining. I feel like we could all use some Joe humor right about now!

Scamp
08-15-2022, 08:19 AM
Joe plays Steamroller Blues with James anytime they are on the same venue. He also played with James when they were on the CMHF for the Children with Vince Gill, Kacey Musgrave, and Chris Stapleton. They al played some of their songs and sang or played along with each other. Joe also could be heard singing harmony with James.
I think Joe would be a great guest oh Stevens show. He would be great as the only guest. He's funny but also a walking history of Rock music. He would make a great guest host on shows too
We should all see how we could get Joe star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He's lived in the area since he came to CA, He's done a lot for Rock and Roll. He's involved in many charities besides Vets Aid. He's a good example getting and staying sober.
Plus I think people don't realize how well versed he is. So many just think of him as a wild guitar player. I'd love to see him on a show and playing the piano
Maybe we should start a write in to Stephen or even the Walk of Fame.

WalshFan88
09-01-2022, 03:53 PM
Joe plays Steamroller Blues with James anytime they are on the same venue. He also played with James when they were on the CMHF for the Children with Vince Gill, Kacey Musgrave, and Chris Stapleton. They al played some of their songs and sang or played along with each other. Joe also could be heard singing harmony with James.
I think Joe would be a great guest oh Stevens show. He would be great as the only guest. He's funny but also a walking history of Rock music. He would make a great guest host on shows too
We should all see how we could get Joe star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He's lived in the area since he came to CA, He's done a lot for Rock and Roll. He's involved in many charities besides Vets Aid. He's a good example getting and staying sober.
Plus I think people don't realize how well versed he is. So many just think of him as a wild guitar player. I'd love to see him on a show and playing the piano
Maybe we should start a write in to Stephen or even the Walk of Fame.

I'm all for that!

I love the idea of him having a star. I agree with you - he deserves one.

Scamp
10-13-2022, 08:33 AM
Ran across this article. Vince Gill talking about Joe Walsh

https://rockcelebrities.net/why-is-joe-walsh-the-most-important-guitarist-in-rock-according-to-vince-gill-of-the-eagles/

WalshFan88
06-22-2023, 08:44 PM
https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/2023-Songwriters-Hall-of-Fame?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=guitar-player&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3wSUNWzXkyKuNkh3y8fV1dwWZ_yE2T4jSxHHOrj 4_sq0ihPBbtGVMmwxU

Pretty cool! No video yet though.

Scamp
06-24-2023, 09:08 AM
Joe and Marty Stuart at the Ryman. No audio but a picture of Joe and Marty on stage

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/06/08/marty-stuart-late-night-jam-ryman-joe-walsh-sierra-ferrell-highlights-photos/70268859007/outu

Found a video its in two parts. Rocky Mt way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3hKw79zAk0 Part one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Nb_d9kc7U Part two

Another one from the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUtL67IQUk All Night Long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zka_ze-eEE0 Funk 49 part one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MnuAjlTo08 Funk 49 part 2

Scamp
06-26-2023, 09:44 AM
Pictures of Joe with Marty Stuart. Joes pictures start at 26 but scroll through the others they are good.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/06/08/marty-stuart-late-night-jam-ryman-joe-walsh-sierra-ferrell-highlights-photos/70268859007/

WalshFan88
06-28-2023, 02:13 PM
Thanks, Scamp!

06-30-2023, 11:39 AM
What a great picture of Joe and Marty!

Scamp
09-15-2023, 11:33 AM
Found this as I was about to shut down. Interesting about Joe and Vets.

https://www.vvaveteran.org/40-4/40-4_joewalsh.html

Heres the letter they talk about

https://reporter.blogs.com/files/walsh-walk-away-0001.pdf

Scamp
09-19-2023, 01:41 PM
Heres a neat article about how Joe plays. It's very interesting especially if you play guitar.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/lessons/joe-walsh