View Full Version : Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

sodascouts
04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Glenn's commercial for Bally's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFw7zyUyTU0

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Nice find Soda! Its cute!! He's gorgeous!

Freypower
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Ah.... yeah.... OK. :?

(I did smile when it finished. There's no hope). :blush:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
lol, FP. Same here! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2008, 05:19 AM
LOVE!!!!! your new av FP! :smokin: :inlove: . Very HS&G!

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks for sharing that link with us, Soda! WOW!!! :smokin: There seems to be some film of Glenn :heart: pushing iron that missed the cut for the "Livin' Right" video. All I could think about, to my shame :blush:, is how much I wanted to cop a feel of those muscles! :twisted: He's SO hot! I also love your comment on the video, by the way! 8)

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 07:16 AM

:lol: FP, you crack me up! Are you unsure how you feel about that commercial? It seems Dreamer is also unsure! :?: Whhhhy??? :?

sodascouts
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I went ahead and gave the poor guy a nice comment. He did upload the video for us, after all!

glenneaglesfan
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Lol, Soda, I thought we were going to get the Hard Rock/Rock Hard images as well! Good find!

Freypower
04-07-2008, 06:53 PM

:lol: FP, you crack me up! Are you unsure how you feel about that commercial? It seems Dreamer is also unsure! :?: Whhhhy??? :?

I have always been uneasy about Glenn's commercials. I never saw the need for them. They were done at a time when Don was being the Big Serious Rock Star and Glenn seemed to be trivialising himself.

Molly
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
All that fitness stuff helped him kick some bad habits (at least temporarily) and led him to find Cindy, so all in all I'll bet he looks back on it as a very smart move, indeed.

Mrs Frey
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM

I have always been uneasy about Glenn's commercials. I never saw the need for them. They were done at a time when Don was being the Big Serious Rock Star and Glenn seemed to be trivialising himself.

I see your point, FP, but I must agree with Molly here. Certainly, fitness is not trivial, and even though the "Livin' Right" video is humorous, it makes an important point, which led him to the fitness commercial. With so many rock stars setting a bad example, it's refreshing that Glenn :heart: presented this wholesome image, while admitting that he'd made mistakes.

It has also been suggested that Don was somewhat envious of Glenn's :heart: attention to fitness during that period.

sodascouts
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I thought FP might appreciate this - scenes from Australian football set to "The Heat Is On." Man, that's a violent game!!!! "The pressure's high to stay alive" indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXJJCXR37g

Freypower
04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I wasn't referring to Glenn's admirable fitness kick. I was referring very specifically to the commercials. Perhaps the Bally one is justifiable in terms of his life at the time. Are the Pepsi ones justifiable?

Soda, that link took me to a Chris Hillman video. However, I found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXJJCXR37g

That was odd. I'm a rugby league fan. In NSW and Queensland we tend to look down on Aussie Rules as a game for 'softies'. Footage like that is rare. It was also quite old, with Footscray & Fitzroy still in the competition (they merged to become the Western Bulldogs). The song worked quite well with it though.

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks FP I had noticed the same but hadn't intended saying anything in case it was an 'Ireland' problem!

The best of our Gaelic football crop play the Australians in a sort of 'compromise rules' series every year in October when the championship is over. It seems to be at least as physical as rugby IMHO!

sodascouts
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry about the link glitch, folks! Thanks for pointing it out - I've fixed it.

Now, regarding the commercials:

Glenn certainly thought the commercials were justifiable. Here's some quotes on the matter where he makes several good points:

"Sure, I did an ad for Pepsi, they're a corporation, but no-one talks about the $20 million, $40 million that these corporations injected into inner city projects. I'm a songwriter, I've got 21 people directly dependent on my turning over at least $1 million a year and these are the ways I make my songs work for me." (Juke 1988)

"There were a number of considerations I took into account before deciding to do [the Pepsi commercial.]... I have 20 people working for me who depend on how much money I make a year. Plus two elderly parents to support and you know Reaganomics is doing nothing to help them. Someone offers me a million bucks to do something, I think twice about it. Also, I have what is called in this business 'an image problem.' I didn't have one when I was with the Eagles. After we broke up, we had this joke about having cow skulls, neon lights, and hotels on the album covers. No one knew what we looked like, which made the leap into solo stardom a bit difficult. The Pepsi spot offered me visibility and a chance to work with Ridley Scott and Don Johnson. I also liked the premise of the commercial, and Pepsi was supposed to start a 'You Belong to the City' campaign where they'd donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to inner city projects to buy athletic equipment." (1988)

"People drink soda pop. I don’t consider Pepsi to be the enemy." (Bob Costas Interview 1992)

"If Little Steven and Neil Young don't like me doing Pepsi commercials, I trade insults at 40 paces. When has integrity ever been synonymous with rock'n'roll? [...] I know rock'n'roll is supposed to have a rebellious edge, a non-compromising, anti-establishment, us-against-them, alternative approach to the mainstream, but I don't know what's worse -- releasing 17 albums that sound like demos and taking the public's money for that or me taking a million dollars from Pepsi. Right, Neil? Who's ripping off who, guy? You haven't made a decent record since Harvest,Neil... I just don't think he should set himself up as rock'n'roll's conscience. As someone once put it, 'I have seen the future of rock'n'roll and I want my money back.'" (Hits 1988)

Freypower
04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I have read these comments before. I understand what he is saying.

He's wrong when he says Neil Young hasn't made a decent album since Harvest. He's right when he says that Neil got very holier than thou about all this.

But regarding the 'visibility' it didn't last very long, did it? It wasn't going to make people remember him as an artist, only as someone who did commercials.

Molly
04-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I wasn't referring to Glenn's admirable fitness kick. I was referring very specifically to the commercials. Perhaps the Bally one is justifiable in terms of his life at the time. Are the Pepsi ones justifiable?

Justifiable?? :? It put money in his pocket and got him exposure. Aren't those the main goals of participating in advertising?

Brooke
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
It worked fine for me.

Wow, that is a rough game! No protection either! :shock:

How do you like those short, tight shorts? At first I thought it was a new video, and was thinking they still wear those short shorts? Then I noticed the date! :roll: :lol:

Edited to add: I guess I should read the whole thread before replying! I went completely away from recent comments! :roll:

Freypower
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Brooke, if you're referring to the shorts worn by the Aussie Rules players, yes, they still wear those as well as the sleeveless jerseys. :P
Their uniforms are what women are supposed to be attracted to. I hasten to add, not in my case.

The footage isn't what the game is usually like. Compared to my own game, rugby league, it is pretty tame.

For the record the team I 'sort of' support is Collingwood, the players wearing in the black & white stripes. I don't support the Sydney Swans.

Molly, I understand why Glenn did the ads but he was scorned by his fellow rock musicians and the politically correct critics for doing it.

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Now, regarding the commercials:

Glenn certainly thought the commercials were justifiable. Here's some quotes on the matter where he makes several good points:

"Sure, I did an ad for Pepsi, they're a corporation, but no-one talks about the $20 million, $40 million that these corporations injected into inner city projects. I'm a songwriter, I've got 21 people directly dependent on my turning over at least $1 million a year and these are the ways I make my songs work for me." (Juke 1988)

"There were a number of considerations I took into account before deciding to do [the Pepsi commercial.]... I have 20 people working for me who depend on how much money I make a year. Plus two elderly parents to support and you know Reaganomics is doing nothing to help them. Someone offers me a million bucks to do something, I think twice about it. Also, I have what is called in this business 'an image problem.' I didn't have one when I was with the Eagles. After we broke up, we had this joke about having cow skulls, neon lights, and hotels on the album covers. No one knew what we looked like, which made the leap into solo stardom a bit difficult. The Pepsi spot offered me visibility and a chance to work with Ridley Scott and Don Johnson. I also liked the premise of the commercial, and Pepsi was supposed to start a 'You Belong to the City' campaign where they'd donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to inner city projects to buy athletic equipment." (1988)

If for no other reason I consider the highlighted sections to be enough to justify Glenn :heart: 's doing commercials. I admire anyone who will go out and work at anything they are able to do rather than 'go under'. The 80's were tough and while Glenn :heart: himself would probably have been financially secure if he didn't bring the dough in someone further down the line might have had to lose out. It was good of him to recognise that during a time when others might have been less sympathetic.

I suppose too he had to have his eye on the future and if people recognised him as 'the cute guy from the pepsi commercial' etc, well they'd be more likely to buy his music. JMHO however.

sodascouts
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Oh no! All of the OFFICIAL Glenn Frey videos have been taken down off of YouTube!!! I wonder why? These were not uploaded by fans, they were uploaded by Universal Music Group! Now, when you click on them, they say "Video removed by user"!

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonFan
06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Soda, thanks for putting up the explanation by Glenn for his commercials. It make much more sense when you realize his motives. Plus, I was a huge Don Johnson/Miami Vice fan in the 80s and I thought his commercial was a very well-done play on that image. As a matter of fact, I just bought a box set of Miami Vice and last night I watched the episode called "Prodigal Son" where Sonny & Rico went to NY to help on a case. When they played Glenn's You Belong to the City, I thought it added a great deal to the show.

As for them taking down Glenn's official videos---BOO! :tonguewag:

Brooke
06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Geez, guys! You all really don't get it!

For the third time: Boooooooooooo!

06-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Man - that is such a shame. Well - at least all is not lost because we can still view them on GFO.

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Awww. What a pity :( . I enjoyed looking at them. At least they are on the site as well and I also have them on my computer and Ipod. But I loved watching them and commenting on them. :weep: :weep: :weep:

Mrs Frey
07-03-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm somewhat late on this, but allow me to add my 10c worth too:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I was so pleased to see Glenn's :heart: videos "out there" on YouTube, giving an opportunity for his music to be reintroduced to the world. Many fans (including myself) posted really positive comments on the videos. To say that I don't understand this latest "development" would be an understatement. :?

sodascouts
01-08-2009, 12:17 AM
So, someone uploaded some home movies set to "Burned" presumably of Glenn and the Subterraneans. Sure is hard to tell, though. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXSaUn1NBV8

Glennhoney
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
..uumm..very difficult to distinguish anybody...would Glenn be the one with the microphone and tambourine???...could be him....but strange he's not playing a guitar...

Freypower
01-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Although he sings lead on the song, it surely wasn't him with the mic. He has never done that in his entire life. (You know, Glenn, there is a first time for everything. If Don can do that, why can't you)? I thought he was on the right in the plaid (!) jacket with the guitar. I thought the hair of the guy with the mic was too light in colour. The song is a lot better than I remembered. His voice was great, even then.

And yet... and yet... the only photo of him I have performing with this group, he is not playing guitar and the hair doesn't look that different:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/Subterraneans.jpg

sodascouts
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
After another look at that photo FP posted, I'd bet that it's him on the mic with the tambo.

He has never done that in his entire life.

Done what?

Glennhoney
01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I have to agree with Soda...it does look like Glenn with the mic ....

GlennLover
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Also, the guy with the mic is playing the tambourine with his left hand. The way he points to one of the other boys is reminiscent of a Glenn move. Looks like he was in charge even then. :laugh:

Do you think that this was recorded without sound & the soundtrack added before putting it on YouTube? Did anyone notice that the video portion is repeated so that it runs until the end of the music?

Freypower
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
After another look at that photo FP posted, I'd bet that it's him on the mic with the tambo.

Done what?

He's never held a mic in his hand while singing. Or at least we thought he hadn't. I agree with GL's comments, both about the video being repeated and the way the guy who is singing points to someone else.

sodascouts
01-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Also, the guy with the mic is playing the tambourine with his left hand. The way he points to one of the other boys is reminiscent of a Glenn move. Looks like he was in charge even then. :laugh:

Do you think that this was recorded without sound & the soundtrack added before putting it on YouTube? Did anyone notice that the video portion is repeated so that it runs until the end of the music?

The sound is definitely added-on. In the old days, 8-mm cameras didn't have audio capabilities. I also noticed the footage was on loop.

GlennLover
01-10-2009, 12:38 AM
FP, Glenn pointing in "The Frey Way or the Highway" pic is just what I mean! :)

Freypower
01-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Quite...

I need to amend what I said about him never having held a mic in his hand. He did when they sang Seven Bridges Road. He hasn't done it when he's sung lead or in a solo song.

sodascouts
01-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Well, he replied and confirmed our suspicions - Glenn is the guy with the mic. I did some checking and the guy who posted this is for real.

So cool!!!!!!!!!! I just wish there were more!

Freypower
01-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Good GRIEF.

:applause: :cool: :stunned::smokin:

I think I need some screen shots of this now. They'll be fuzzy but I think it's something I need to have....

sodascouts
04-04-2009, 11:46 PM
This isn't YouTube, it's hulu, but you can watch the entire Smuggler's Blues Miami Vice episode here:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12180/miami-vice-smugglers-blues

anne-o-gg
04-09-2009, 10:06 PM
He's never held a mic in his hand while singing. Or at least we thought he hadn't.

I came across this on google...what are they singing? 7 Bridges? http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00445/EAGLES-01-684_445167a.jpg

Freypower
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM
You're absolutely right, of course. When they did Seven Bridges Road that was the one and only song where he's ever held a mic in his hand. He has never done it while singing lead or during a solo song. I have thought ever since, that as Don gets to do this in two songs, Glenn should try it too, but he seems to need the guitar as a prop.

anne-o-gg
04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Understandable, about the prop I mean...I play keyboard at church and the few times I've sang without playing, I've no idea what to do with my hands...lol...so I get it!

We'll give him his prop so long as he keeps beltin' out the tunes! I love his voice...

Freypower
04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
You and me both.... I think I can sense a spate of 'Glenn singing with no guitar' photos the next time I'm here. Because its Easter I probably won't be on the board much until next week.

sodascouts
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM
This is kind of odd... an amateur remix of The Heat Is On. Nice picture they chose. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqmBJ6mJrw0

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2009, 04:52 AM
I love that picture. I could look at it forever! :inlove:

kperk014
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Here are my Frey'ed videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kperk014?feature=moby#play/uploads/30/teIGOsHp6BQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/kperk014?feature=moby#play/uploads/31/5CG1Z_vUBIM

http://www.youtube.com/user/kperk014?feature=moby#play/uploads/29/n_TI2-fAPf4

Freypower
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry, but how do the Amazing Rhythm Aces relate to Glenn?

I clicked on all three links and each took me to that song, and I don't understand the reference.

sodascouts
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Julie, I got the following:

All Those Lies

That Girl (my favorite song)

Sea Cruise (my favorite video of the three)

Look at the main window, not the ones on the sidebar.

kperk, I see you utilized GlennFreyOnline.com well. ;) Thanks for posting! Great job!!

Freypower
07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't know what I did wrong, but I can only tell you that when I clicked on those links they take me to a song by the Amazing Rhythm Aces and nothing by Glenn. All three links had the same result. There was no mention of Glenn anywhere in any of those windows. Not for me, anyway. The only thing different that happened was that I was asked to sign in to YouTube of which I am not a member.

EagleLady
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Is there a chance you may have clicked on the wrong video?

Freypower
07-15-2009, 10:06 PM
EL.... I clicked on the links which were provided. What else was I meant to click on?

It really isn't important.

GlennLover
07-15-2009, 10:38 PM
FP, I also got a screen asking me to sign in to YouTube. I finally went to YouTube & did a search for kperk014 & found the videos there. I had to scroll through some of the other videos to find the 3 of Glenn, which are the songs that Soda has mentioned.

kperk014
07-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Julie, I got the following:

All Those Lies

That Girl (my favorite song)

Sea Cruise (my favorite video of the three)

Look at the main window, not the ones on the sidebar.

kperk, I see you utilized GlennFreyOnline.com well. ;) Thanks for posting! Great job!!

It's great to find a site like this to share videos and pics. Glenn spent a lot of time here in the Shoals area starting all the way back in 1971. Being a small town, we kind of adopted people like Glenn, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, Rod Stewart, Staple Singers, Aretha, etc. You gotta hand it to people like Stewart, the Rolling Stones, and Traffic for even being able to find Sheffield, Al after traveling all the way from England! The nearest interstate is 60 miles away! :ack: Of course, officially, we never knew when they were here unless you spotted them at a night club or restaurant.

kperk014
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm sorry, but how do the Amazing Rhythm Aces relate to Glenn?

I clicked on all three links and each took me to that song, and I don't understand the reference.

When I click on those links, the Aces pop up for a split second but the Frey'ed videos start playing.

GlennLover
07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I get the split second pop up but then I get the screen that asks me to sign in & the videos don't play. Oh, well. I found them anyway. Great job kperk! Thanks for posting & welcome to the Border.

kperk014
07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
I get the split second pop up but then I get the screen that asks me to sign in & the videos don't play. Oh, well. I found them anyway. Great job kperk! Thanks for posting & welcome to the Border.

I appreciate the compliment! It's hard to post on youtube. So much of the great music from Muscle Shoals is prohibited. The Staples, Paul Simon, Aretha, Boz Scaggs are just a few that I can't post. Oh well, I guess they're afraid to let the music get some more exposure and someone may go out and actually buy the CD.:roll:

TimothyBFan
07-16-2009, 07:33 AM
I appreciate the compliment! It's hard to post on youtube. So much of the great music from Muscle Shoals is prohibited. The Staples, Paul Simon, Aretha, Boz Scaggs are just a few that I can't post. Oh well, I guess they're afraid to let the music get some more exposure and someone may go out and actually buy the CD.:roll:

:bye::nod: Welcome kperk- I think you and I are going to get along just fine here! :hilarious: I'm of the same mind when it comes to YouTube.
Boz Scaggs you say? LOVE HIM!!!!! I use to have quite a few Boz videos saved in my faves (haven't checked lately tho). Are they taking him down now also?

BTW--Thanks for the Glenn vids!!

kperk014
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
:bye::nod: Welcome kperk- I think you and I are going to get along just fine here! :hilarious: I'm of the same mind when it comes to YouTube.
Boz Scaggs you say? LOVE HIM!!!!! I use to have quite a few Boz videos saved in my faves (haven't checked lately tho). Are they taking him down now also?

BTW--Thanks for the Glenn vids!!

I'm not sure if they are taking down all of Boz's stuff but the "Boz Scaggs" album, which is 40 years old this year, is part of the Warner Group and can not be uploaded. It's a great album and contains a song (Loan Me A Dime) that, along with Wilson Pickett's cover of Hey Jude, launched the short career of Duane Allman. If you listen to them you'll know why.

I'm glad you like the vids. I just wish people were as camera-happy in the old days as they are now.

07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
kperk - the videos work fine for me as well. You did a good job on those. As I've said many times before on this board, I love the entire No Fun Aloud album and All Those Lies in one of my all time favorite Glenn solo songs.

sodascouts
09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Wanna see a Solid Gold dancer in a sparkling red outfit work a stripper pole to "The Heat Is On" for 30 seconds?

Start at 5:10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vY_zLr0KRQ

Prettymaid
10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Now Soda, why'd ya make me look? :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm on a YouTube kick this morning!

This is the song "Flip City" which some of you may or may not have heard, as it's on the Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack and not one of his albums. It's just footage from the movie repeated (no Glenn) but if you'd like to hear the song without downloading it from GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/multimediafunstuffaudio.htm), you can listen to it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BW3SmyjG0I

Freypower
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I love the song. Always have. If you haven't heard it, give it a try.

sodascouts
12-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I have recently discovered the joys of Hulu.com, an archive of old shows where you can watch episodes in their entirety online (if your series is one of those archived). Of course I had to look up a certain episode of Miami Vice....

Watch "Smuggler's Blues" from Miami Vice (http://www.hulu.com/watch/12180/miami-vice-smugglers-blues)

GlennLover
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I have recently discovered the joys of Hulu.com, an archive of old shows where you can watch episodes in their entirety online (if your series is one of those archived). Of course I had to look up a certain episode of Miami Vice....

Watch "Smuggler's Blues" from Miami Vice (http://www.hulu.com/watch/12180/miami-vice-smugglers-blues)

Unfortunately the shows are not available in Canada yet.

Koala
12-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately, I also can't see it in Germany, because Hulu is only available in the U.S.

sodascouts
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Sorry guys! :(

GlennLover
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Love your Av, Soda!

pueblo47
12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I have this episode on dvd and let me tell you the truth: while I'm a loyal Eagle fan, I found Don Johnson to be a major and very pleasant distraction:). He sure was a good looking guy back in those days but then....weren't we all? He, like the Eagles, have come through the years quite nicely.....just my unasked-for opinion.......

Brooke
12-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I would tend to agree with you!

Koala
01-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Rebecca - Longbranch/Pennywhistle (Glenn Frey)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWcOGfBHxw

sodascouts
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Hmm, interesting way to do the visual there. Never thought I'd see a Longbranch song on YouTube!

01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
That was cute. Ya gotta love Longbranch Pennywhistle! Soda, you should do a YouTube video featuring your autographed LBPW album. I mean how many of those are around. Okay - maybe Glenn's and JD's moms have one - but still ... :wink:

sodascouts
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe I will! It's been a while since I made a video.

Freypower
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
It's been removed. What a shame - Rebecca is the best track on the album (not that I am biased or anything).

TimothyBFan
01-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I didn't get to see it! :sad: I can't believe they removed it that fast. Bummer!

Glennsallnighter
01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Neither can I! I was hoping to see it too. :-(

GlennLover
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Me too. Did we miss anything new?

sodascouts
01-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Nah. The visual was just a camera shakily filming the cover of the Longbranch Pennywhistle LP and some random Eagles poster.

sodascouts
01-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Just found this. Glenn sounds great. Too bad about the visual quality. It's obviously recent. From the upload date, I'd venture this is from the small benefit he did at the Lincoln Center in New York back on Oct. 23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh12I71U620

Freypower
01-21-2010, 06:17 PM
SIGH. A little tentative in places, but the voice is so perfect.

There is nothing wrong with Tequila Sunrise, and why it was dropped from the Eagles setlist is beyond me. If he had to drop it (and Already Gone) he at least should have replaced it with more than the one and a half LROOE songs he sings.

sodascouts
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM
SIGH. A little tentative in places, but the voice is so perfect.

I know. Hearing it in that intimate environment without all the Eagles glitz just brings home how emotive his voice is and why we adore him! The tentativeness adds an element of vulnerability.

I miss Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone too. :(

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks. He sounded great. I admit I don't care as much for that song as others so I don't listen to it that much. It was good to hear it again-especially with just Glenn singing it. I'm with the rest of you--I really really miss Already Gone.

GlennLover
01-22-2010, 01:24 PM
That was great! Have always loved TS! I miss AG too! And NKIT! More Glenn songs please!!!!

Freypower
01-22-2010, 06:02 PM
As I said, I wouldn't mind the old songs being dropped as much if he'd replaced them with LROOE songs. But it just seems a dream now. There are some lucky people on this board who saw him do ILTWAWD and YANA (and even IDTWNW).

Koala
01-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Although it is not youtube, but I've just found this video

Little River Band - "Desperado'' (live ft. Glenn Frey) (http://www.totallyfuzzy.net/ourtube/little-river-band/desperado-live-ft-glenn-frey-video_ca8bd5622.html)

Freypower
01-23-2010, 05:45 PM
That's what I saw. Good, isn't it?

GlennLover
01-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Oh wow, FP! I would have died & gone to heaven! Always one of my favourite Glenn vids! :smitten: :fainting::fainted:

sodascouts
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
This is a clip from Miami Vice where Glenn's "New Love" is played (he himself isn't in it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa_8qzGZZxk

Freypower
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
I'll talk about anything. New Love is a strange song. It's a bit like Soul Searchin' from the next album with the black backing singers. I have always found it a bit too simplistic (similar with I Got Love, also from The Allnighter album) but he did worse songs (both of which, again, are on that album, which is the most inconsistent album he has* ever made).

* I say 'has' because I never want to give up hope that he will record another solo album some day.

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Not being that familiar with Glenn's solo work, I had this song confused with True Love, which I liked after playing Glenn's Video Survivor. But after hearing this I see that they are two different songs.

sodascouts
04-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh my gosh guys how cute is this??? It's from the Boys and Girls Club thing he did. The kids try their best to play a Frey/Eagles medley and he is very sweet to them - he even tells them they did a great job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1qshCtfrk

GlennLover
04-03-2010, 11:02 PM
And he looks so good! What a guy!

04-03-2010, 11:59 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Wow Soda - thanks for finding this one. That was so fun watching Glenn watch those kids performing his songs. He looked like he was really enjoying himself. Too bad Tommy was hiding behind Glenn most of the time - it would have been fun to watch his expressions too.

Koala
04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
WOW! Thanks for finding this video! It really looks that he enjoys to hear the kids !And yes Glenn looks good!

Glennhoney
04-04-2010, 10:39 AM
...Tommy????????....Tommy who?????

04-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry GH - I made a booboo by assuming everyone would know Tommy! My bad! :doh:

I was referring to the gray-haired guy that you can sometimes see standing behind Glenn in the video. That is his road manager, Tom Nixon.

Glennhoney
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
..of course..thank you for pointing that out.....

Glennhoney
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
..GREAT VIDEO by the way........he's a gorgeous man.........:love:

Freypower
04-04-2010, 07:46 PM
That was brilliant. That was something you just don't see.

I did manage to get a shot of Mr Nixon which I will post shortly.

GlennLover
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I loved seeing Glenn interact with kids. When I listened to the clip with earphones I heard him say to the vocalist, "I'm Glenn, what's your name", as he shook hands with her. It reminded me of a radio interview that Glenn & Don did from Don's house, to promote The Long Run. A friend of Don's dropped by with his young son to use Don's pool. You could hear Glenn say in a very friendly voice,"Hi Evan, I'm Glenn!" (At least I think that was the kid's name.) You could tell from the tone of his voice that he liked kids. His charity work with childrens' causes bears this out. :inlove:

Troubadour
04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
That was so cute! I couldn't help grinning all the way through it.

04-05-2010, 11:08 AM
GL, I noticed Glenn introducing himself too. OMG - that sure brings back some VERY fond memories! The very first time I saw Glenn at Pebble Beach, he shook my hand and said, "Hi, I'm Glenn." I just swooned and said "I know". Then, after a moment of pure speechlessness, I finally told him my name. :smitten:

Troubadour
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Just reading that makes me swoon, Dreamer! What a moment!!! I have an urge to go back and re-read all the Pebble Beach stories now. They sure kept me entertained one wet afternoon months ago...

04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Well, Troub - you said in another thread that you have an ailing back today. I can't think of a better way to keep your mind off of the pain than to immerse yourself in some good stories! :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Awwwww, that was great! Loved it!

Now, maybe since they played the lesser known The One You Love, I'm hoping Glenn thought , "Hmmmmm, that's an oldie! Maybe I should dust it off and do it sometime."

Probably dreaming, but you never know! :shrug:

Freypower
04-05-2010, 09:17 PM
That's what I thought too. :sad:

sodascouts
04-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, he regularly does The One You Love at solo shows. He just hasn't been doing too many of those lately... at least not that are open to the public! Somebody around here needs to win the lottery and offer Glenn a few hundred grand to play at their party... inviting all the Borderers, of course. ;)

Glennhoney
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
ah wouldn't that be something Soda!!!!!!!..you'd all be invited to my party!!!!!:partytime:

sodascouts
04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I bet Glenn goes for at least a quarter million these days, so start saving those pennies! lol

Prettymaid
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
How did that video of me singing to Glenn get here? :wink:

Troubadour
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
How did that video of me singing to Glenn get here? :wink:

I dunno, but as you obviously didn't OK it, you should get 'em to take it down immediately!!!

Peekaboo
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
That was such a great video!! Had me smiling from ear to ear the whole time. I would've been so nervous performing right in front of Glenn, let alone performing his own song and some Eagles songs. I'm sure they knew but I still wonder if they knew that was Glenn watching them while they performed.

Freypower
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I suspect the songs were chosen because they knew they were going to perform for him (although he didn't sing Hotel California).

Glennsallnighter
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Well, he regularly does The One You Love at solo shows. He just hasn't been doing too many of those lately... at least not that are open to the public! Somebody around here needs to win the lottery and offer Glenn a few hundred grand to play at their party... inviting all the Borderers, of course. ;)

Our Lotto tonight is €16Mill. If I win I PROMISE to holds that party.

WalshFan88
10-20-2010, 09:12 AM
This is a video I came across in the related videos part of YouTube this morning. It just said "Hotel California" and but I could see Glenn in the video so I watched it and I found out why I had never seen it before. He/she has the name in the tags as "Glenn Fley" instead of Frey! LOL. It's the first time I've seen his son Deacon play part of the Hotel California solo. I've seen a video of him singing it but never playing the solo. He does a great job doing the solo outro dueling part with Glenn's guitarist (Danny Grenier).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9c3CfXEF1g

tequila girl
10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Great find! :thumbsup: You got me looking and I found another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygW2H3w8Wg&feature=related

WalshFan88
10-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Great find! :thumbsup: You got me looking and I found another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygW2H3w8Wg&feature=related

Very nice! I hadn't seen that video. I did see the video of them playing Hotel California at the Roxy but not Get Over It. That's probably one of my biggest favorites from Hell Freezes Over.

GlennLover
10-20-2010, 02:36 PM
This is a video I came across in the related videos part of YouTube this morning. It just said "Hotel California" and but I could see Glenn in the video so I watched it and I found out why I had never seen it before. He/she has the name in the tags as "Glenn Fley" instead of Frey! LOL. It's the first time I've seen his son Deacon play part of the Hotel California solo. I've seen a video of him singing it but never playing the solo. He does a great job doing the solo outro dueling part with Glenn's guitarist (Danny Grenier).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9c3CfXEF1g

Great find! I have seen pictures of this concert but never any video. Could Glenn look any more proud!!!! :) BTW, Soda was there!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
10-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Oooh, I've never seen video from that show either! In truth, Glenn specifically asked us not take video and, like a good little girl, I put my camera away. I'm glad this person didn't, though.

Hard to believe that was over two years ago. I hope it's not the last full solo Glenn show I'll ever see.

Great find!

WalshFan88
10-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Very cool! I wish that he and Joe would come to Illinois for the Party of Two show. I saw videos from the Aspen show and I wish I could have been there.

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Very cool! I wish that he and Joe would come to Illinois for the Party of Two show.

Amen to that Brother!

Thanks for finding that video. The look of joy on Glenn's face is priceless, and Deacon does a good job on Joe's guitar part.

(I'll bet that's Soda holding up that bottle of booze near the beginning! :shh:)
Just kidding!

10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks from me too - that is a great video and Glenn really does look like a proud papa, doesn't he?

As far as Glenn and Joe doing any public Party of Two shows, I would encourage anyone to go see one if the opportunity ever presents itself. The rare Snowmass show was wonderful, and if they ever do any other shows, you can bet that I'll be there if at all possible.

sodascouts
10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
(I'll bet that's Soda holding up that bottle of booze near the beginning! :shh:)
Just kidding!

lol! Well, he was pretty near me!

Maybe it was the guy who wanted to "show me his boat." A man has to be pretty drunk to hit on me. lol

Prettymaid
10-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh, that's not true! It's just that they can see that your heart belongs to Glenn!

sodascouts
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
lol. Well, Glenn certainly has a special place in my heart, but there are some things which this girl needs that Mr. Frey isn't gonna provide! ;)

WalshFan88
10-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks from me too - that is a great video and Glenn really does look like a proud papa, doesn't he?

As far as Glenn and Joe doing any public Party of Two shows, I would encourage anyone to go see one if the opportunity ever presents itself. The rare Snowmass show was wonderful, and if they ever do any other shows, you can bet that I'll be there if at all possible.

Glenn does look very proud! :)

Yeah I really hope there will be public Party of Two shows in the future.

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I too hope that Glenn :heart: will do some sort of solo shows or POT in the future. I would so like to be there with Soda and Dreamer as near to Mr Frey as possible.

EaglesFanatic
10-22-2010, 05:32 PM
I love that HC video. So that was one of Glenn's solo shows?
I STILL wish I could have gone to the POT in Aspen! It seemed like it was an awesome show!

GlennLover
10-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I STILL wish I could have gone to the POT in Aspen! It seemed like it was an awesome show!

It was! I still can't believe that I was there & so close to Glenn & Joe!!! (thanks to Soda, Dreamer, Wildthyme & PLS)

WalshFan88
11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPi0W1inTg

I wish they would play this in the Eagles shows. It's my favorite Glenn song (without the Eagles). They have a saxophone player, so they could definitely play it if they wanted to. I wish they would - I really like this song.

Freypower
11-04-2010, 10:40 PM
They did play it briefly during the HFO tour. The version I have of them doing it in London brought the house down.

I think he thinks the lyrics are not 'important' enough for the Eagles. I suspect he also thinks that about Somebody. He also did not write these two songs.

I have two words for him then. Smuggler's. Blues.

(Fortunately I did see the Eagles play that in 1995 - AND You Belong To The City as well! Those were the days).:eyebrow:

Prettymaid
11-05-2010, 07:54 AM
(Fortunately I did see the Eagles play that in 1995 - AND You Belong To The City as well! Those were the days).:eyebrow:

Ah, my favorite Glenn song (without the falsetto).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSa73A8yaqo

UK TimFan
11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
My favourite version of YBTTC, thanks to the bit about 1.21 and the following few seconds. :smitten: :thud::thud:

Fantastic shot IMO, and (a) to whoever filmed that particular shot I'm sooooo:jealous: and (b) to whoever was responsible for including that particular shot in the video :iloveyou:

Koala
12-10-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UxV6XEnipw&feature=related

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 06:18 PM
In honor of the Strange Weather Live in Dublin video being released on this day in 1993:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyb5fn0EQT4

Henley Honey
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks for that, Soda.
Got me wondering why Glenn does not play any of his solo stuff on tour with the Eagles. Don does. Joe does. Anybody know if Glenn has previously? I'd love to hear some of his stuff live.
BTW, how hot does he look? Mmm Mmm Good.

Freypower
06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
On the HFO tour he did Smuggler's Blues & You Belong To The City. They did The Heat Is On very briefly. On the F1 tour he did You Belong To The City. This is a sore subject, I'm afraid.

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Check out these videos to see how awesome they were live on the HFO tour:

Smuggler's Blues (Pittsburgh 1994) <--- Glenn is on fire here![/URL]
Download .wmv (12 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/SmugglersBluesPittsburgh94.mpg)

(http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/SmugglersBluesPittsburgh94.wmv)You Belong to the City (Mountain View 1994)
[URL="http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/YBTTCMountainView94.wmv"]Download .wmv (14 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/YBTTCMountainView94.mpg)

The Eagles also perform YBTTC on the Farewell 1 DVD.

It might surprise you to find out the YBTTC and THIO both charted higher on Billboard than any solo songs by any other Eagles (both topped out at #2). In third place is Dirty Laundry.

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 08:03 PM
BTW if you think Glenn looks fine in that "Strange Weather" video I posted on the previous page, check him out once he takes off the jacket for the encore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37DBJ2SBYw

WalshFan88
06-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Here's another from "Live In Dublin":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDRPb7ZelfE

Henley Honey
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Extreme Hotness. Thanks for those! I didn't mean to open a can of worms with the solo song inquiry. I'm sure its been debated and discussed to death and that there are as many differing opinions as there are boarderers. One observation though, he always seems to have such fun on stage -- whether performing solo or with the Eagles. I have rarely seen him "cop a tude" except maybe when no one gives a standing ovation after I Can't Tell You Why. He appears to love performing as much as we love to watch him! At some point it must be a routine or grind, but I've never gotten that vibe from him. Go Glenn!

GlennLover
06-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Just finished watching LID in honor of it's anniversary & because I was planning to watch it soon anyway as I haven't seen it for awhile. :thud:Can never get enough! :smokin:

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Well obviously I LOVE LID! One of my favourite alltime performances by Glenn :heart: is that Partytown one that he did in Dublin. I won't even say what is going through my mind as I watch it. Thanks for posting all those lovely hot sexy gorgeous vids to all concerned!

timfan
07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know if anyone else has seen this before but it's new to me!

Glenn Frey and Christopher Cross performing "Slow Down" in Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVI_9c0Y9RQ

07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Yep - I've seen that before, but I sure didn't mind watching it again (and again and again)!

BTW - I love the very end of that interview - talk about a flirt!!! :partytime:

Glennhoney
07-17-2011, 08:16 PM
OMG..LOVE IT...AND A LITTLE INTERVIEW AT THE END....GREAT, GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I have this but it's crap quality - this one is MUCH better - GREAT FIND KATH!!!

Koala
07-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Great find! Especially I love the End of the video!:)

EaglesKiwi
07-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Yep - I've seen that before, but I sure didn't mind watching it again (and again and again)!

BTW - I love the very end of that interview - talk about a flirt!!! :partytime:

Well yes, but he does it so well... :hilarious:

Brooke
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Lol! Too cute! I hadn't seen it!

Thanks Kath!

sodascouts
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought he was very sweet with her - she obviously was nervous and he helped her through the interview by being so playful with her. Love to see those kind of moments!

Glennhoney
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
..HE IS SUCH A SWEETHEART!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
07-20-2011, 11:49 PM
I contacted the guy who posted the video and asked him if there were more where that came from - sadly, he said no. :(

Troubadour
07-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Okay, yeah - that was very cute! He was very sexy during the performance, too. His hair looks really good damp with sweat... ;)

whitcap
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I love this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4thy1QqIW0

EaglesFanatic
08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I have that one on my ipod. Glenn looks great in that video :nod:

sodascouts
08-04-2011, 01:36 AM
He's delicious in that video!

Koala
08-04-2011, 01:47 AM
He's delicious in that video!
:nod:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/sexyglenn3.jpg?t=1260904385

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/sexyglenn5.jpg?t=1260904378

GlennLover
08-04-2011, 02:05 PM
He's a very SEXY Guy!!! :inlove::smitten:

Glennhoney
08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Deacon looks EXACTLY like his Dad in that last photo.........

sodascouts
08-30-2011, 03:46 PM
I know this was in the Niagara review thread but I thought it might be worthwhile to post it over here, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDwvDsVvJPA

Glennhoney
08-30-2011, 05:41 PM
wow...he really does an incredible job on this one...can't wait for the new CD

sodascouts
09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
From an Arsenio Hall appearance in 1992:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpqAUtzWDuw

sodascouts
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
From the 1985 MTV Music Video Awards:

Glenn announces best director and is delighted by who wins (http://www.myspace.com/video/eaglesonlinecentral/glenn-announces-best-director/108185614)

Glenn wins for "Best Concept" (http://www.myspace.com/video/eaglesonlinecentral/best-concept-glenn/108185602)

Eddie Murphy takes Glenn backstage (http://www.myspace.com/video/eaglesonlinecentral/eddie-takes-glenn-backstage/108185632)

For those of you who can't access MySpace, you can find them all here - just scroll down:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/multimediafunstuffvideo.htm

Henley Honey
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Great Finds, Soda. The man looks FINE in a tux. Betcha he looks pretty good out of it too! :hilarious:

sodascouts
11-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I was looking for vids of "Take It to the Limit" to celebrate its release on this day in 1975 and I rediscovered this clip from the Indy 2010 show. We all gushed over it - and several other clips - at the time, but just as a reminder, the shots of Glenn in this are magnificent and he even looks at the camera a couple times! It's worth a revisit.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynHgorL9xXQ&feature=related

Freypower
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I hadn't actually seen that. Excuse me while I faint & later do some screen shots. :birthday::fainted::fainting:

He knows there is a camera there, so what does he do? He plays to it. SIGH.

sodascouts
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Feast your eyes on this as well - especially about 1:00 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iX7AAxmnvA&feature=player_embedded

Brooke
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm joining Fp and :fainting: :thud:

Freypower
11-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I will have a few screenshots to share with you soon. :nahnah:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I will have a few screenshots to share with you soon. :nahnah:

WooHoo! Thanks, FP.

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Yummy! Bring 'em on FP!

Prettymaid
11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Soda! This was my show! I had such a good time at this one. I went back to the review thread and ended up reading the whole thing!

Yep, you had posted these vids there (plus others) and Jess actually got some good caps here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2753&page=7).

BTW, why do you think they didn't take these videos down? They took the others down, except for In The City.

11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
BTW, why do you think they didn't take these videos down? They took the others down, except for In The City.

:shh: don't tell anybody, PM! :wink:

Koala
11-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Great Videos!

Shadowland07
12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRADz9i0bo&feature=related

nice rare video

Glennsallnighter
12-23-2011, 05:27 AM
VERY nice find SL! Do you have a date for it? I see he is wearing his 'Allnighter' t - shirt

Windeagle
12-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm guessing early 1985, since at the end, the announcer mentions Glenn is going to be on Miami Vice soon. I think I read somewhere that the Smuggler's Blues episode aired in February 1985.

The dancers in that clip were fun to watch. SOOO 80's! Oh man, did I really dress like that?

Brooke
12-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Cool! Thanks for finding that!

I'm sure I didn't dress like that! :lie: :lol:

12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
What a great find, SL. I don't think I've ever seen that one before. And if you'll pardon the shallowness ... can I just say "No wonder the heat is on, Glenn is freakin' :pimp: in that video. :faint:

And what do you all mean about the clothes? I still ... Oh - nevermind!

sodascouts
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh my gosh, I love this video from Top of the Pops! And how hot does Glenn look in his white suit with the black "Allnighter" T-shirt? He puts Crockett and Tubbs to shame! ;)

Freypower
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
WOW! What an unexpected Christmas present. I had no idea that existed so perhaps I should do some screenshots. SIGH! :applause: :heart:

Glennsallnighter
12-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Yep FP, I was thinking as I watched it how delectable some screen shots would be! Feel free to send us ALL a Christmas surprise :partytime:

Henley Honey
12-23-2011, 07:03 PM
This gives me some serious hope that there are other video gems out there that we just haven't found yet. I love the thrill of the hunt.

Shadowland07
12-23-2011, 08:07 PM
VERY nice find SL! Do you have a date for it? I see he is wearing his 'Allnighter' t - shirt

The person who posted the video said April 4, 1985

Henley Honey
12-23-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm afraid to voice those two little words -- lip-sinque?? Is that how you spell it???

Freypower
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Of course he's lipsynching. It was standard procedure on Top Of The Pops. When Don did BOS on it he lipsynched too.

Henley Honey
12-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Of course he's lipsynching. It was standard procedure on Top Of The Pops. When Don did BOS on it he lipsynched too.

Sorry. I didn't know that it was an "of course" moment. My observance came from a purely unbiased yet honest place.

Glennsallnighter
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
The person who posted the video said April 4, 1985

Thanks SL! I'll look out for that date on the reruns that they are showing at the moment. Sorry about the 'edited' comment! I hit the 'edit' button instead of the quote' one by accident.

Mrs Frey
12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Oooh wee, oooh wee, baby, oooh wee, oooh wee, baby, oooh wee, oooh wee, baby, won't you let me take you on a Sea Cruise!

:drool: :heart: :makeout: :faint:

Oh my GOODNESS! HOT, HOT, HOT!!! [fanning herself :blush:]

Thanks for bringing that video to our attention, SL!

Mind you, even though we know we are listening to the studio recording of THIO, Glenn :heart: appears to be singing, judging by the veins in his neck (yes, I looked closely :blush:), and he is certainly playing the right notes and chords on the guitar. He just isn't plugged in or mic-ed up. :) I suppose the whole idea on TOTP was to promote the single, as was.

sodascouts
12-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I've watched this several times already. It's hot indeed! I'm moving it to the YouTube thread for archival purposes, but let me thank Shadowland once again for posting it!

GlennLover
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks, SL!!! It's been a long time since I have watched this clip. :smokin:

Glennhoney
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
When I watch this video I can't get over how much Deacon looks like him..wow..

TimothyBFan
02-16-2012, 08:03 AM
While I was pulling up videos to put in Survivor, I found this again and hadn't seen it for awhile. Thought I'd post it again. Love it!!:smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IAqatjQVk&feature=related

Brooke
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
lol! Forgot about that Willie! Thanks! :soda:

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Can't get it in Ireland Willie! Put me out of my misery and tell me which one it is! Please?

GlennLover
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Can't get it in Ireland Willie! Put me out of my misery and tell me which one it is! Please?

I can't see it either :sad:

TimothyBFan
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Sorry guys. It's the 1985 Pepsi commercial with him and Don Johnson. :smokin:

GlennLover
02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks, I have it & you're right, it is :smokin:!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Not sure where to put this. Coca-Cola and Nascar put together a nice ad for what was supposed to be Sunday's Daytona 500. It was rained out until last night, and I only watched part of it. The ad is billed as 'iconic' and features the drivers of the Coke sponsored cars and Glenn's 'The Heat Is On'. Following are some links that discuss it and the commercial itself.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120225/2012-daytona-500-ads/index.html

(http://www.nascar.com/news/120225/2012-daytona-500-ads/index.html)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2012/02/28/all-fired-up-from-nascars-big-race/3/

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/tvblog/nascar_commercials_roar_into_action_byiQdYBYCddIhY vjW0rK5I (http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2012/02/28/all-fired-up-from-nascars-big-race/3/)

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/fox-sells-out-daytona-500-138502
(http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2012/02/28/all-fired-up-from-nascars-big-race/3/)

(http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2012/02/28/all-fired-up-from-nascars-big-race/3/)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEC8M9SlNww

Henley Honey
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Love it! They should have thought about having Glenn be the flag guy, sitting with his feet up wearing sunglasses and a headset :grooving:with a big smile on his face(about 26 seconds in). THAT would have been fabulous.

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for posting. Very cool!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 01:51 PM
I haven't really followed NASCAR since Rusty Wallace retired, I loved my #2. But a friend of mine who follows it and knows how much I like the Eagles called me and told me about it. For a few moments last night, I was tempted to get back into Nascar, but you know? I have too many other demands on my time.

Brooke
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Very cool! :applause:

Aedan
03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Dear administrator, your shared "The One you Love" video is really nice one. I am looking forward for more videos.Thanks for sharing with us.

johnlowery
03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Dear VAisForEagleLovers, I watched your shared all videos, all videos are nice but i like most is Coca-Cola tease video. Its just amazing. Thanks for sharing videos with us and i hope you will keep share such stuff in future.

timfan
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
VOL found this video of Glenn performing The Look of Love at Fallsview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wDwvDsVvJPA#!

Freypower
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Sheer, utter perfection. Everyone who wasn't there; watch it please. This is what the album will be like. You see him pointing at the beginning of the clip. That's what he did with me on the second night at the start of Route 66.

EasyFeeling
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Sounds wonderful! I like this a lot, looking forward to the new album :)

Koala
03-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Found this today:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/20/tom-hanks-glenn-frey-in-2004-racial-shocker-blackface-jokes-at-fundraising-auction-video/

lizzyplays
03-20-2012, 01:25 AM
VOL found this video of Glenn performing The Look of Love at Fallsview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wDwvDsVvJPA#!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!! :inlove:

Glennsallnighter
06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Football fever has gripped Europe this week with the European Championship finals on at the moment. My sister and I were trying to find an Ireland song from World Cup 1990. We didn't find that. But we DID find this .................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDmb7HbKLo&feature=colike

ignore the first few seconds of it!

Koala
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Very cool, GA!8)

UK TimFan
06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't know if these have been posted in one of Glenn's concert reviews threads, but I can't see the first one in this thread (I'm supposed to have checked back to July 2011 :smile:). Only found the other two later, so haven't checked for those.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHAUfDZvvow&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUV9PrppyZQ&feature=BFa&list=ULDHAUfDZvvow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx0P1XB07Xw&list=UU3UdM5Kq-dL5oUfZKrdxXuQ&index=4&feature=plcp

Freypower
06-14-2012, 07:45 PM
They were posted but if you haven't seen Jazz Heat Is On, watch it. It is awesome (and I know, because I saw it).

Glennhoney
06-14-2012, 08:21 PM
LOVE THEM ALL..

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Me too!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
They were posted but if you haven't seen Jazz Heat Is On, watch it. It is awesome (and I know, because I saw it).

FP, I've had the jazzy THIO in my head all day today. No idea why, but since I like it, it can stay there a while.

Freypower
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
I' m still getting used to him being just the singer in a band. It's a big change & he does it to perfection. I want more of it. :pimp:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
According to the Google alerts and search results, with it being the first full day of summer and most of the US is roasting, everyone is playing or quoting or talking about this song. While I prefer the new 'jazzy' version, and this original version is suffering from over-play, it's 99 degrees outside my door, and so this is definitely appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjzXlRzM6PQ

GlennLover
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
According to the Google alerts and search results, with it being the first full day of summer and most of the US is roasting, everyone is playing or quoting or talking about this song. While I prefer the new 'jazzy' version, and this original version is suffering from over-play, it's 99 degrees outside my door, and so this is definitely appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjzXlRzM6PQ

Thanks, VA! I think that this is the hottest day we have had here so far this season!

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Just love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47FDEfT9DY

07-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Well - that's not my favorite version of the song, but it's a good one. Mr. Frey sure is buff there. Must've been before his fitness contract expired. :lol:

GlennLover
07-21-2012, 09:02 PM
One of my favotite Glenn vids! :nahnah:

Freypower
07-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I saw that on August 5, 1988 in Sydney.

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Last year at this time, I was getting ready for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDwvDsVvJPA

Freypower
08-23-2012, 06:38 PM
How perfect that was. It was almost surreal to watch.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Va
I too love the jazzy version of the heat is on ...like he did at the sands.
But I do love the song period. He just looks hot in the video.

Freypower
08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Va

The clip above is The Look Of Love from the show some of us went to at Niagara Falls last year.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Va

He does look hot, doesn't he?? I forgot I posted that video. I like the jazzy version better, but with the hot temps most of the country had all summer, it was a very popular song!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2012, 08:14 PM
He does look hot, doesn't he?? I forgot I posted that video. I like the jazzy version better, but with the hot temps most of the country had all summer, it was a very popular song!

I wish he would have recorded the jaxy version of the heat is on and smugglers blues like he did at the sands. I loved them both.
Who am I kidding..I just thinks hes terrific,

He looks better to me with age but then again I anin as young as I usta be either. lol but still younger than him.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2012, 08:16 PM
The clip above is The Look Of Love from the show some of us went to at Niagara Falls last year.

thanks for sharing
JAHH took me to see him a the sands for my bday this year.
Bling is great but gotta love a guy who takes you to your teenage crush just to make you happy.
tt

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Oh Vr...cant wait for revel .
just gotta tak a log drink of water and take it all in to the memory bank till they tour again next year.
tt

EaglesKiwi
08-24-2012, 04:45 AM
thanks for sharing
JAHH took me to see him a the sands for my bday this year.
Bling is great but gotta love a guy who takes you to your teenage crush just to make you happy.
tt
Awww, he's a keeper, TT!!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-29-2012, 06:51 AM
yep...31 years this OCt....

he knows and understands my GF thing.

Something about a man in tight jeans with a guitar....makes my heart jump everytime....ooh too early in the am to get this excited ...lol:hilarious:

Freypower
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
In the light of recent discussion I was unsure whether to post this or not; but it should be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO-BcstCImc&feature=plcp

sodascouts
09-14-2012, 06:51 PM
HOLY. CRAP.

That was made of awesome.

Glennsallnighter
09-14-2012, 07:26 PM
OMG! Absolutely wonderful! So many memories brought back! Thanks for posting FP!

GlennLover
09-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Sooo beautiful! :faint:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow , thanks for the morning "hot flash":applause:

That was terrific. Now for me it just brings back memories of being at the Sands and JAhh giving me Gf for my bday.

NOw...who did that little "clip" hurt..No one Only made me a happy camper

THANKS!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:

09-15-2012, 12:53 PM
WOW! That was awesome. OMG - he sure looked good that night (even in a suit). ;-) The others are awesome too.

Outlawman13
02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
MMMM that was amazing!!!!!!!!! Just absolutly beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I love that man's voice and the way he can write songs. He looks too gorgeous in whatever he wears.

Outlawman13
03-15-2013, 12:48 AM
I love this song and I am in awe of how lovely Glenn's voice sounds. I have never heard this live before (well on youtube that is). LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMLC-Y1UwOQ

GlennLover
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Glenn looks & sounds wonderful throughout that concert!

Freypower
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
I wish there was YouTube footage of the Australian tour.

GlennLover
03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I wish there was YouTube footage of the Australian tour.

That would be wonderful! :partytime:

Thirsty&Hot
03-16-2013, 01:37 AM
I love this song and I am in awe of how lovely Glenn's voice sounds. I have never heard this live before (well on youtube that is). LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMLC-Y1UwOQ

hadn't seen this one..thanks for posting! I love that song
but can't help but think about how Taylor Dayne totally ripped it off in Tell it to my Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6sU3AclT4

Thirsty&Hot
03-16-2013, 01:39 AM
I love I Found Somebody...also from No Fun Aloud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxNzlE8ZRk

...and I love him in the midnight hour...and any hour! haha