PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

WalshFan88
09-22-2014, 04:31 PM
All other aspects aside, I disapprove of band members bashing each other in the press, period. It's quite tacky. For that reason alone, I wish Plant would give it a rest.

Exactly. It just makes him look bad.

Brooke
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
All other aspects aside, I disapprove of band members bashing each other in the press, period. It's quite tacky. For that reason alone, I wish Plant would give it a rest.

I agree with this completely. I hate it when they bash each other. Just live and let live!

WalshFan88
10-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Just got my IV and HOTH remasters. LOVE them! I love the I, II, and III remasters too. And that's coming from a vinyl nut that has all of them on vinyl.

I think these remasters were a BRILLIANT idea - thank you Jimmy Page! I'll take them over any solo material for sure. I'll be a fuddy duddy, but I'm ok with that. The music made in the 60s and 70s and 80s is in a whole other planet than music from the 90s forward AFAIC.

I'm just waiting on Physical Graffiti. I don't care so much about ITTOD or Coda but Graffiti is a must. Can only imagine Kashmir remastered. :faint:And I'm normally not a remaster fan but Jimmy is doing it right.

Highly recommend them for ANY big Zep fan!

TimothyBFan
10-28-2014, 04:03 PM
I agree with everyone here that thinks Robert needs to leave it alone already but I also am one that doesn't think there should be a reunion. Robert just can't sing the Zep songs like he use to and I actually find them almost cringe worthy when I hear him sing them now days. I still love you tho, Robert. :iloveyou:

As for the remasters--- OMG!!!! I cannot get enough of them. Especially the bonus discs. Amazing stuff! Even their "rough cuts" are superior to anything you would get from these new groups trying to make real music. Thank you, Jimmy, for putting these together. I don't have my IV or HOTH yet but I did receive the email saying they were prepared for shipping. :p

And I don't see that anyone mentioned Jimmy's book? If you haven't got it, I suggest you do so. It's oversized and 500+ pages of beautiful shots of Jimmy and the band plus setlists, and list of cities from EVERY tour they ever did. I can't believe that he has this all still out there put away. Jimmy has said in the past that he is a hoarder, and has all his custom made stage clothing, etc... I'd like to know what else he has stored away.
I had this pre-ordered the day that you could start pre-ordering it in May and I have not left it out of my sight since it arrived.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Mobile%20Uploads/ee6d5e31-cd28-438a-8276-2305338f7a3a_zps669a5ece.jpg

Brooke
10-28-2014, 04:08 PM
TBF, cute pic there! I know how you love your Jimmy! :lol:

As for remasters, I don't have a clue why I should have one! I know I'm way behind the times and I hear about these from everyone, but if I have the cd why do I need a remaster? Is it that much better than the original? I probably don't have good enough ears! :shrug:

Freypower
10-28-2014, 06:01 PM
TBF, cute pic there! I know how you love your Jimmy! :lol:

As for remasters, I don't have a clue why I should have one! I know I'm way behind the times and I hear about these from everyone, but if I have the cd why do I need a remaster? Is it that much better than the original? I probably don't have good enough ears! :shrug:

I am with you. I don't see the need for these & I love Zep as much as anyone.

WalshFan88
10-29-2014, 01:43 AM
Depends how picky you are on audio quality. They blow the digital downloads and earlier CD's out of the water. They are more comparable to the vinyl copies IMO, plus the great extras you get.

TimothyBFan
10-29-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm not real good with picking apart the sounds but I can definitely agree that it sounds closer to the vinyl where you can hear different parts coming from different channels of my speakers. But for me, since I already have all of these on my original vinyl & on a cd box set, I wanted the extras more than anything. The never before released songs and the rough cuts give me chills.

Brooke
10-29-2014, 10:06 AM
As I figured, my ears just aren't good enough! :lol:

I guess if I was a diehard fan of someone, then I might want the extras.

WalshFan88
11-10-2014, 10:24 AM
I know some here don't want LZ to tour but this is just jawdropping news:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-plant-led-zeppelin-800-million/

I've read a LOT of comments on social media today and I'm not alone. To turn down almost a BILLION dollars is crazy. If he didn't want the money, he could have given it to a charity of his choosing.

Brooke
11-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Unbelievable! Why is he so adamant against it? I don't know the story.

prayfordaylight
11-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Robert really needs to get over his issues. Does he have any affection at all towards his band mates because it doesn't sound like it when he's denying them the chance to make their grandchildrens' grandchildren wealthy.

Brooke
11-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Just read this:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/no-robert-plant-didn%E2%80%99t-rip-up-an-dollar800-million-contract/ar-AA7t15d

Sounds like he never did agree to it. I know I'm 'dazed and confused'! :wink: :lol:

WalshFan88
11-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Interesting! It certainly had people fired up this morning, myself included. A lot of my musician friends were talking about how full of himself RP is.

Still, it really sucks to see 3 out of 4 (including Jason Bonham) going "YES" and the 1 with his hand up saying no....That's what happened with Dennis DeYoung of Styx, Steve Perry of Journey, etc. People don't want to stop touring just because the frontman suffers from LSD (Lead Singer's Disease) and is procrastinating. I can't blame them, hence why I'm fine with both bands moving on with new people even though they were great singers.

Freypower
11-10-2014, 04:20 PM
There is no Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

Unfortunately people may have to accept that it will never happen. He has his reasons & they should be respected.

I have to say his most recent album is pretty disappointing, a collection of new age sounding trance tunes. But if that's what he wants to do he has the right to do it. There is a great deal of courage in not succumbing to the dreams of people who will do nothing except say 'he can't sing any more' anyway.

As for making their descendants wealthy I would have thought that was already taken care of.

(Incidentally Monty Python also turned down a huge offer to tour after the huge success of the reunion shows, but in that case they had done the London shows & they wanted to stop, & presumably they all turned it down).

WalshFan88
11-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I feel the same way about Jimmy Page... I love all the members of this band but to me Page is the heart & soul of the band - the engine of the train that is Zeppelin. Even Keith Richards said to him Led Zeppelin is Jimmy Page...

I'm not saying they (Page, JPJ, Bonham) should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but they should tour as something like "The Led Zeppelin Experience" or something. I'm just saying they should get together and tour and play that music with a new singer.

EagleLady
11-10-2014, 08:01 PM
I can understand why Robert doesn't want to do it. Jimmy and Robert are both the heart and soul of Zeppelin IMO.

Freypower
11-10-2014, 09:25 PM
I feel the same way about Jimmy Page... I love all the members of this band but to me Page is the heart & soul of the band - the engine of the train that is Zeppelin. Even Keith Richards said to him Led Zeppelin is Jimmy Page...

I'm not saying they (Page, JPJ, Bonham) should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but they should tour as something like "The Led Zeppelin Experience" or something. I'm just saying they should get together and tour and play that music with a new singer.

I'm sorry, but no, they shouldn't. Calling it the LZ Experience would only emphasise how wrong it would be.

I know all the 'Page IS Zeppelin' stuff. But he didn't write the lyrics & he didn't sing them. Only one man sang them or is capable of singing them. Anything else would be an utter travesty.

EagleLady
11-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Doesn't matter if he didn't sing them, Page is the heart of Zeppelin, along with Plant.

bluefeather
11-11-2014, 10:13 AM
I agree with Fp and this whole argument/speculation thing about a reunion just annoys me, IMO both Page and Plant are quite full of it, petty, childish and ignorant in refusing to understand each other

for the record they're both big idols for me but right now I'm not too happy with either of them

Brooke
11-11-2014, 02:22 PM
I can't imagine LZ without either of them. I can understand JP and the rest wanting to do something, just don't call it LZ cause it's not.

Like the Eagles must have Don and Glenn, LZ must have Plant and Page.

WalshFan88
11-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I realize that, but I still think JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham should get together with a NEW singer and play Zeppelin tunes. They could call themselves the Fart Machine for all I care with a brand new name, I still would like to hear it... I'm not one for new music, personally....I want to hear the old stuff. I'll take a nostalgia act anyday. Just my personal preference. Nothing sounds like 70s rock.

Also, I just got a first pressing of Physical Graffiti in near mint condition down here in Florida for next to nothing! So excited. Call me stuck in the past, but I'll take old music and vinyl anyday, and everyone else can keep their new music, iTunes, and new music by classic rock artists.

Brooke
11-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Austin, I like the old stuff too. I rarely ever listen to today's artists. Something really has to catch me for me to even consider it. I do listen to a little country, but not on the radio. I like to watch the country videos on CMT or GAC for some reason, but they've been wearing on me as of late. It's all about gorgeous, skinny girls anymore. I guess I'm too old to appreciate them too much! :roll:

Freypower
11-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I realize that, but I still think JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham should get together with a NEW singer and play Zeppelin tunes. They could call themselves the Fart Machine for all I care with a brand new name, I still would like to hear it... I'm not one for new music, personally....I want to hear the old stuff. I'll take a nostalgia act anyday. Just my personal preference. Nothing sounds like 70s rock.

Also, I just got a first pressing of Physical Graffiti in near mint condition down here in Florida for next to nothing! So excited. Call me stuck in the past, but I'll take old music and vinyl anyday, and everyone else can keep their new music, iTunes, and new music by classic rock artists.

This has nothing to do with 'wanting to hear old stuff'. It has to do with trashing a legend.

I realise that you don't think singers or lyricists are important. However, Page or no Page, it was Plant's voice, lyrics & dare I say 'Presence' that set them apart & made them the third greatest band of all time. Having someone else sing those songs would amount to a tribute act. I shudder at the thought of it.

ETA: I worship Page & I think Jones is one of the most underrated musicians of all time. Bonham was/is my favourite drummer. So this is not about me thinking Plant is above the rest of them; I don't. But he's irreplaceable.

WalshFan88
11-11-2014, 06:09 PM
First of all, agree to disagree. I'm just sharing my beliefs. We are both fans of this band and I understand where you are coming from. However, my opinions differ.

Second, without Page they would have never reached the success they have. His guitar playing was as big as Plant's singing, if not moreso. His riffs completed those songs.

Third, it's not that I don't like singers/lyricists/frontmen or think they are useless. I do, however in most fan's eyes and in their own mind they are highly overrated. They think they are the band and everyone else is just backing them up. I don't like that one bit, and I have a huge problem with lead singers holding everyone else back to do their uncontrollable ego. I feel like we as fans have given them too much credit over the years, and it's gone to their heads.

Lead Singer's Disease is a real problem, funny acronym or not. There are some that would be perfectly fine with any band lineup as long as they didn't lose the voice and the singer and that irritates me. To me the other guys are just as important. I detest the term frontman. It should never be one guy out front and the rest supporting him. It should be all of them in a line doing equal contributions and getting equal recognition.

Personally, in the case of bands like Styx where the singer can't or doesn't want to do it any more, why hold the others back from playing those old songs just because you have one guy saying "piss off". What are they supposed to do, reinvent themselves with new music? No thanks.

And most lead singer's solo albums are nowhere near as good as the stuff they did with the other guys. Case in point, Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" is a horrible attempt at sounding like Journey by himself.

Where as you look at a guy like Joe Perry the guitarist of Aerosmith, his first Joe Perry Project record sounded NOTHING like Aerosmith, so he wasn't insulting the rest of the band. Steve Perry was, so I have no problem with them moving on. Is he a great singer? One of the best. Does Arnel Pineda sound like him? Of course not... But that shouldn't keep the rest of them from playing songs Perry sang on just because it's a different guy.

IMO, guitarists are every bit as hard to replace as a singer, which is why I'm so fed up with lead singers getting big heads and thinking they make or break a band or that they are controllers of the destiny of a band. It's a team effort, and for my money's worth, everyone should share equal control.

I realize most disagree and that it certainly doesn't operate like that in most bands, but it should in my opinion, otherwise we are left with a bunch of dramatic lead singers. Look at Axl Rose for a perfect example of someone who ruined a great band due to a big head. Or, more recently - Stephen Pearcy of RATT....they had the original lineup back short of Robbin Crosby, and he said no more.... He's also known for being a drama queen and an airhead.

Freypower
11-11-2014, 06:47 PM
A lot of what you say here comes straight from this thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4564

I was trying to keep the discussion specifically about Led Zeppelin. I am well aware that Page's musical genius was responsible for a great deal of their success. I'm not going to repeat myself about Plant. However, I don't believe that Plant thinks he is bigger than Zeppelin. His solo work doens't compare & I think he knows it. However he has to live his life how he wishes to live it & not according to some sort of myth.

I think it should be remembered that Zeppelin broke up in 1980.

WalshFan88
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
A lot of what you say here comes straight from this thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4564

I was trying to keep the discussion specifically about Led Zeppelin. I am well aware that Page's musical genius was responsible for a great deal of their success. I'm not going to repeat myself about Plant. However, I don't believe that Plant thinks he is bigger than Zeppelin. His solo work doens't compare & I think he knows it. However he has to live his life how he wishes to live it & not according to some sort of myth.

I think it should be remembered that Zeppelin broke up in 1980.

Forgot about that thread. My bad in that case.

bluefeather
11-12-2014, 12:32 PM
personally I'm not sure that many people would like to see JPJ, JP and Jason Bonham touring with some other singer even if they didn't call it Led Zeppelin, I'd guess a lot of people would feel like Fp and me about tarnishing the legacy with a new version of the band

Concerning Plant and "lead singer's syndrome" I'd say he had that to some extent during the seventies and in a way still does but it's not only lead singers who are over rated and big headed. Show me a rock star who doesn't suffer from "over developed ego -syndrome". Now that we are labeling these behavioral flaws, how about (lead)guitarist's syndrome for control freak drama queens like Page and Pete Townshend or money hungry attention wh*res like Felder and Brian Jones or clowning nut cases who couldn't take it like Walsh, Keith Richards and Syd Barrett.(fortunately Joe came to his senses enough to stay alive and be happier)

EagleLady
11-12-2014, 01:09 PM
personally I'm not sure that many people would like to see JPJ, JP and Jason Bonham touring with some other singer even if they didn't call it Led Zeppelin, I'd guess a lot of people would feel like Fp and me about tarnishing the legacy with a new version of the band

Concerning Plant and "lead singer's syndrome" I'd say he had that to some extent during the seventies and in a way still does but it's not only lead singers who are over rated and big headed. Show me a rock star who doesn't suffer from "over developed ego -syndrome". Now that we are labeling these behavioral flaws, how about (lead)guitarist's syndrome for control freak drama queens like Page and Pete Townshend or money hungry attention wh*res like Felder and Brian Jones or clowning nut cases who couldn't take it like Walsh, Keith Richards and Syd Barrett.(fortunately Joe came to his senses enough to stay alive and be happier)

I'm sorry but You are completely and utterly wrong about Page. Nothing I've heard from him in interviews even suggests Ego.

WalshFan88
11-12-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna have to say I disagree. I think people would go nuts to see JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham with a new singer in a new band. I mean, look when Jimmy Page played with the Black Crowes...HUGE SUCESS. Everyone loved it.

Of course guitarists and drummers can have egos but from what I've seen, nothing like lead singers.

I still say that people put way too much faith and credit in the frontman, and not near enough on the band. I might just resurrect that thread FP reminded me of. It's a topic I could talk forever on and try to keep this thread more on topic. I suggest anyone who wants to talk lead singer vs the rest of the band continue it over there. :)

bluefeather
11-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Yes we've been getting a bit off topic and I'm sorry about that

In the interviews I've heard Page has been kind and polite and I do believe his mellowed with age. He was very pleasant in It Might Get Loud also. On the other hand in the books I've read that contain both researched material and memories from associates there's a lot of evidence of his ego. His studio working habits, his dealings with women, his life style with a castle for home and cars he didn't drive himself and a collection of rare expensive guitars and bizarre Aleisteir Crowley stuff, his drama queen style of moving and playing on stage, his dramatically coloured clothes with the symbols, him being upset about a Plant book that was going to be published in the seventies etc. speaks of large ego at least to me even if we don't believe all of those stories. Of course there is also a lot of good to be said about him, like his charity work and later years' commitment to his family plus historic events like his trip to China. His greatness simply has a downside and he's quite a complex personality in my opinion but I guess that goes with being an artist(especially a really famous one) as their art is always about themselves in one way or another. I accept this as a fact.

This is my interpretation and it definitely isn't the whole truth. I just wanted to point out that considering how rockers live their lives it's really odd to me to claim they don't have somewhat enlarged egos as fame and riches and fan worship affect anybody who gets a load of them.

I'll give this a rest and agree to disagree for now to avoid going more off topic.

While typing this I once again started thinking how great stories these band members have however I might otherwise frown on the actions in them. So I would be interested to share your experiences about Led Zeppelin related interviews, books and stuff. For example I happened to find a Jimmy Page biography that was new to me last time I went to the music library. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact name but I think it was something like Jimmy Page:the man, the magus, the musician. I read some of it while in the library and it was definitely interesting, a bit heavy on his Crowley interest but otherwise good even if most of the stuff isn't exactly new information. It just goes a tad deeper than probably most Led Zeppelin books. I think I'm going to get it and read it properly.

Freypower
11-12-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna have to say I disagree. I think people would go nuts to see JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham with a new singer in a new band. I mean, look when Jimmy Page played with the Black Crowes...HUGE SUCESS. Everyone loved it.

Of course guitarists and drummers can have egos but from what I've seen, nothing like lead singers.

I still say that people put way too much faith and credit in the frontman, and not near enough on the band. I might just resurrect that thread FP reminded me of. It's a topic I could talk forever on and try to keep this thread more on topic. I suggest anyone who wants to talk lead singer vs the rest of the band continue it over there. :)

Sorry Austin, but your dislike of lead singers appears to prevent you from having any appreciation of Plant's role at all. You think he's just another singer. He isn't. You obviously have no interest in Zeppelin's lyrics, just the noise (you are very similar to my husband in some ways).

WalshFan88
11-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Sorry Austin, but your dislike of lead singers appears to prevent you from having any appreciation of Plant's role at all. You think he's just another singer. He isn't. You obviously have no interest in Zeppelin's lyrics, just the noise (you are very similar to my husband in some ways).

Not at all...I'm just saying I don't see anything wrong with a new band featuring JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham that happens to play Led Zeppelin music. They can play their solo stuff too, but I think they should continue to play LZ music in some form. They don't need to call themselves Led Zeppelin (and the more I think about it, I'd prefer a new name for them that to call themselves LZ), but I don't think Page should refrain from playing Led Zeppelin songs with other people.

Again, the combination of Chris Robinson and Jimmy Page was great. Was it Led Zeppelin and sounded exactly like Plant, of course not. But it was enjoyable for me. I'd hate for Page not to be able to play his classic riffs anymore for an audience.

Freypower
11-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Not at all...I'm just saying I don't see anything wrong with a new band featuring JP, JPJ, and Jason Bonham that happens to play Led Zeppelin music. They can play their solo stuff too, but I think they should continue to play LZ music in some form. They don't need to call themselves Led Zeppelin (and the more I think about it, I'd prefer a new name for them that to call themselves LZ), but I don't think Page should refrain from playing Led Zeppelin songs with other people.

Again, the combination of Chris Robinson and Jimmy Page was great. Was it Led Zeppelin and sounded exactly like Plant, of course not. But it was enjoyable for me. I'd hate for Page not to be able to play his classic riffs anymore for an audience.

None of them have any solo stuff worth mentioning unless you count Bonham's work with Black Country Communion. Plant, on the other hand....

Regarding Page's work with the Black Crowes I think I attempted to listen to some of it and hated it. We have the live album. Perhaps I will give it another try.

You obviouusly believe that Plant can be replaced and nobody would care. You seem to have no time for him or any appreciation of his talent and just lump him in with all these other egocentric singers you talk about. I'm not going to repeat myself any further so I'm bowing out.

MaryCalifornia
11-12-2014, 09:55 PM
I think the only issue here is if those three without Robert Plant did tour as Led Zeppelin, would people show up? Would they fill the seats? Of course the guys would be SLAMMED in the media and by many fans, but so what? If the guys are having fun every night and making money and some fans turn up and enjoy the show, with someone else singing, who cares? The Eagles perform TITTL, to much resentment from Randy fans, but who cares? LZ would be an entire show of that!

I for one really enjoyed hearing Taylor Hawkins, the DRUMMER from Foo Fighters, sing Rock 'n Roll in Wembley Stadium with JPJ and JP and Dave Grohl absolutely wailin' away on drums - it was awesome! He doesn't sing like Robert Plant and wasn't trying to - they were just having a blast up there. I wasn't offended that they were playing that song without RP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFciwFJrg8

I can't remember what channel it was on (VH1), but I saw a tribute to Jim Morrison that featured some of the guys from the Doors and different lead singers filling in. I remember Ian Astbury from the Cult, a fan who sounded just like Morrison (a la Journey), Scott Weiland and others, and it was great. Obviously, he is dead and Plant is NOT, so that makes things different, but I really enjoyed the show.

I have no problem with Robert Plant not wanting to do it, but the other guys shouldn't have to sit home. I guess that's my take. Get some rad singers for a tour, male and female, and let them have at it. The fans who think its a travesty will stay home, and those who want to hear some LZ will go.

bluefeather
11-13-2014, 08:39 AM
I enjoyed seeing a video with the Foo Fighters and Jimmy Page playing a couple of Zep songs, nothing wrong with that even if JPJ had joined them, obviously the guys can't sit at home and do nothing, they can do what they will as long as they don't try to sell it as Led Zeppelin, your idea of taking several different singers MC suggests an interesting scenario I'd be ok with because it would be different enough from the original

Brooke
11-13-2014, 10:50 AM
I think the only issue here is if those three without Robert Plant did tour as Led Zeppelin, would people show up? Would they fill the seats? Of course the guys would be SLAMMED in the media and by many fans, but so what? If the guys are having fun every night and making money and some fans turn up and enjoy the show, with someone else singing, who cares? The Eagles perform TITTL, to much resentment from Randy fans, but who cares? LZ would be an entire show of that!

I for one really enjoyed hearing Taylor Hawkins, the DRUMMER from Foo Fighters, sing Rock 'n Roll in Wembley Stadium with JPJ and JP and Dave Grohl absolutely wailin' away on drums - it was awesome! He doesn't sing like Robert Plant and wasn't trying to - they were just having a blast up there. I wasn't offended that they were playing that song without RP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFciwFJrg8

I can't remember what channel it was on (VH1), but I saw a tribute to Jim Morrison that featured some of the guys from the Doors and different lead singers filling in. I remember Ian Astbury from the Cult, a fan who sounded just like Morrison (a la Journey), Scott Weiland and others, and it was great. Obviously, he is dead and Plant is NOT, so that makes things different, but I really enjoyed the show.

I have no problem with Robert Plant not wanting to do it, but the other guys shouldn't have to sit home. I guess that's my take. Get some rad singers for a tour, male and female, and let them have at it. The fans who think its a travesty will stay home, and those who want to hear some LZ will go.

Very well put, MC! I think you nailed it. Go ahead and do it and have fun, but don't call it LZ!

Jonny Come Lately
12-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I love Led Zeppelin, they are definitely one of my favourites and they are my go to hard rock band. They could definitely do more than just hard rock though and I enjoy their blues or folk influenced songs just as much if not more than the Whole Lotta Love or Black Dog type songs.

I'd rank the albums I've heard as follows:
1) IV - I agree with the general consensus of this being their masterwork. I like Four Sticks, I think it has a good riff and an interesting sound, but the rest is fantastic - Black Dog confirmed that the monster hard rock Led Zeppelin sound from I and II was back, Rock And Roll continued this with extra energy, Battle Of Evermore is very powerful considering the simplicity of the instrumentation, Misty Mountain Hop has another strong riff and interesting lyrics, Going To California is beautiful with great lyrics and I reckon When The Levee Breaks stands as the band's ultimate fusion of the blues with hard rock. And then there's this little known song called Stairway To Heaven... yes, it might be overplayed, but it remains a terrific piece which builds superbly. All in all it has great variety and is a fusion of the music they made before but not without new ideas either.

2) II - Although I think IV is the best album this is probably the one I enjoy playing the most. It lives up to its nickname of the Brown Bomber as it contains several of the most distinctive riffs in rock music - see Heartbreaker, The Lemon Song, Bring It On Home and of course Whole Lotta Love, all of which I love. Livin' Lovin' Maid is fun and also rocks and I really like the blues-influenced What Is And What Should Never Be. There is also some diversification from the blues/hard rock sound with the lovely Thank You and the acoustic Tolkein-inspired Ramble On while Bonham plays a good drum solo on Moby Dick assisted by a neat intro riff. All in all it's strong throughout and really rocks!

3) Physical Graffiti - Definitely one of the best double albums I think, there was easily enough strong material to justify making it a double. Disc one (sides one and two if you prefer) is a tour de force, Custard Pie is a great opener and the high quality is maintained through The Rover, the epic In My Time Of Dying, Houses of the Holy and the funky Trampled Under Foot. I actually didn't love Kashmir immediately but now I really like it. I also rate In The Light (dynamic with a great combination of synth and rock music), Ten Years Gone (excellent guitar work), The Wanton Song (great riff) and Sick Again (good hard to rocker to close) highly, and have a great fondness for the short acoustic instrumental Bron-Yr-Aur. The only songs I don't love are Night Flight and Black Country Woman although I don't consider them bad. Boogie with Stu is silly but is fun rock 'n' roll nonetheless!

4) I - I consider this to be one of the greatest debut albums of all time, at a similar level to Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Pronounced...' Good Times Bad Times was a great way to introduce the band to the world, and the excellent Communication Breakdown while Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, How Many More Times and my own favourite Dazed And Confused show the dynamics of their music and give a sense that it could explode at any moment. The two blues covers are both good, You Shook Me being the better of the two I think. Your Time Is Gonna Come is much underrated - its combination of hard rock drums with soft rock guitars is great, while Black Mountain Side is a pleasant instrumental with acoustic guitar and tablas.

5) III - I think this album is underrated. The introductory Immigrant Song is absolutely brilliant and is definitely my favourite here, but Friends/Celebration Day, the bluesy Since I've Been Loving You and the rocker Out On The Tiles make for an excellent side one. I understand why some fans don't care for the acoustic folk-rock on side two but Gallows Pole is quite thrilling and extremely well arranged, an increased maturity in the songwriting here is shown on the gorgeous Tangerine (I love that pedal steel) and the thoughtful That's The Way. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp is good fun too. The only track I don't care for is Hats Off To (Roy) Harper but it has grown on me somewhat.

6) Houses of the Holy - Although only sixth in my list this is still a great album! Over The Hills And Far Away is a true classic and a perfect example of 'light and shade', while I think the explosive opener The Song Remains The Same and the rather progressive No Quarter also stand as real highlights. The Ocean is great too, and has a very cool riff, while The Rain Song is beautiful both musically and lyrically. Dancing Days is good although not a personal favourite. The Crunge and D'yer Mak'er are not great songs but they do both make me smile - I used to prefer the latter but now think the former is better as the humour is more sophisticated and musical whereas the latter is a one jo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ke song. ;-)

7) Presence - It's a good album and it does rock hard, but it just isn't as good as the first six. Having said that, Achilles' Last Stand is an awesome song, Royal Orleans is funny while Tea For One, For Your Life and Nobody's Fault But Mine are also quite strong.

I have not heard Coda or In Through The Out Door in full although I heard a couple of songs from the latter on a classic rock station I was listening to on my computer (I think one of them was Fool In The Rain) and wasn't terribly impressed.

Overall I would say the relative importance of their music and lyrics varies from album to album, but the lyrics improved from III onwards - as much as I love I and II the later albums show a clear broadening of subject matter beyond the 'cock rock' of their 1969 releases, so for instance I consider the lyrics of Going To California to be perhaps that song's greatest virtue whereas Whole Lotta Love's primary appeal to me is in its classic guitar riff.

Jonny Come Lately
12-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Has anyone else on here heard of Yuletide Zeppelin? Someone has taken a number of Led Zeppelin songs and incorporated well known Christmas compositions into them, for example by replacing the guitar solo on Whole Lotta Love with the vocal melody of Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I think it's really well done, some of the matches are just cool (Rock And Roll with Jingle Bells is great fun!) while others like the pairing of Dazed And Confused with Carol of the Bells have a great atmosphere.

Here's Yuletide Zeppelin I:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCXuyIXOj08

Lisa
01-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't read through this thread too much--but I can't believe how emotionally charged the discussions about Led Zeppelin and a possible regrouping have been!

I would only note that Mr. Plant and Mr. Bonham were both band members in Band of Joy before they became members of Led Zeppelin. I would think that Mr. Plant would have been adamant about the missing John Bonham and his contributions to Led Zeppelin, and that he might have stood up for his missing friend in a discussion about the future of a Led Zeppelin regrouping. I would also think that Jason Bonham would be a great choice for a set or new material!

Mr. Page has recorded some nice playing on The Firm's two solo albums, (with Bad Company/Free's Paul Rodgers on vocals), and on his solo album "Outrider." I think it is congruous that his persona has often been quiet and understated in the media, and that he would additionally have a strong ego to perform the lead guitar role in Led Zeppelin.

WalshFan88
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Just got the Physical Graffiti remaster the other day and I'm LOVING it. It just might be my favorite LZ album.

The song that is surprising me the most is HOTH. I LOVE that song! Kashmir is still probably my fav, but HOTH is close behind.

Also, I had a funny experience. I hadn't listened to the Rover in a very long time. I have this guitar riff that I thought was original, but I heard that song and it was like oh crap, that is the riff I've been calling my own. :hilarious: It must have subconsciously made it into my brain as I haven't listened to that song really at all, lol.

chaim
02-28-2015, 05:11 PM
I go through that all the time - listen to something I haven't heard in 15 years and I go "So THAT's where I got that song of mine from".

Rover - a killer riff. But everything about this song is great. Plant came up with just the right melodies, as usual. My favorite on this album is probably In The Light. That and Ten Years Gone.

Freypower
02-28-2015, 05:22 PM
My top five from this album:

Kashmir
Trampled Underfoot
Down By The Seaside
Black Country Woman
Boogie With Stu

I like the quirkier songs. However the entire album is jaw-dropping & the only thing wrong with it is it isn't IV.

chaim
02-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Boogie With Stu is great. I love it. But perhaps I think of it more as a cool performance than an actual song.

Jonny Come Lately
02-28-2015, 06:45 PM
My top five from Physical Graffiti would be:
Custard Pie
In My Time Of Dying
Kashmir
Ten Years Gone
The Wanton Song

I've noticed that all of my top five are from the group of eight songs recorded by the band in early 1974 at Headley Grange (the other three are Trampled Under Foot, In The Light and Sick Again), as opposed to the seven other songs which were taken from earlier sessions. I believe The Rover, Houses of the Holy and Black Country Woman were originally recorded during the Houses of the Holy sessions, while Down By The Seaside, Night Flight, Boogie With Stu dated from the IV sessions. The Bron-Yr-Aur instrumental is alone amongst this group in dating back to the Led Zeppelin III era. My favourites out of this group are The Rover, Bron-Yr-Aur and Houses of the Holy (quite why the song was left off the eponymous album I don't know, it's better than half of the songs on there I think. Its exclusion was Physical Graffiti's gain though).

In The Light is a terrific song too - one thing Jimmy Page often talks about in his compositions is 'light and shade', and this is a fine example of it, along with songs such as Stairway To Heaven, Ramble On and Over The Hills And Far Away. Where In The Light differs from the norm is the contrast is between the Eastern-tinge synthesiser-based sections and the electric rock portions of the song, rather than the more common contrast between acoustic and electric guitars as in the other songs.

I think disc one of PG (sides one and two of the vinyl) is gold from start to finish. The only one of the four sides which I'd say has any slightly weaker songs is side four. Night Flight doesn't do much for me and I agree that Boogie With Stu is best appreciated as a performance - I wouldn't say it was a great song as such but it sure is good fun, and I certainly enjoy listening to it. I didn't used to like Black Country Woman especially but it's grown on me a fair bit, I've always liked The Wanton Song and Sick Again though so it's still pretty strong.

WalshFan88
02-28-2015, 07:09 PM
My top 5 from Physical Graffiti:

Kashmir
Houses Of The Holy
Custard Pie
The Rover
Trampled Underfoot

AlreadyGone95
12-26-2015, 04:33 AM
I received the Physical Graffiti remaster on vinyl as part of a Christmas gift from a friend. I'm not as familiar with it as other Zeppelin albums, particularly II, III, and IV(II being my favorite). O do like the songs I'm familiar with, like Kasmir, In My Time of Dying, Ten Years Gone, Houses of the Holy, and Trampled Underfoot.

NightMistBlue
12-26-2015, 11:18 AM
That's a very cool Christmas gift, AG. Zeppelin is probably my all-time favorite band. Jimmy Page is a master musician, composer and producer. I put him right up there with Brian Wilson.
The lead guitar on Trampled Underfoot is sick!

LuvTim
12-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Omg, AG, awesome, awesome, awesome!! :rockon:

Jonny Come Lately
12-27-2015, 08:23 AM
I received the Physical Graffiti remaster on vinyl as part of a Christmas gift from a friend. I'm not as familiar with it as other Zeppelin albums, particularly II, III, and IV(II being my favorite). O do like the songs I'm familiar with, like Kasmir, In My Time of Dying, Ten Years Gone, Houses of the Holy, and Trampled Underfoot.

That's a great gift, hope you enjoy it. PG is my second favourite album of theirs behind IV, as well as being probably my favourite double album.

Given that your favourite Zeppelin album is II, I'm guessing that you tend to like the riff-driven hard rock songs? If so, there should be plenty of music you'll like on Graffiti. Of the songs in this vein, The Wanton Song is a particular favourite of mine, though Custard Pie, The Rover and Sick Again are also very strong. There's a very wide range of different styles on the album though.

AlreadyGone95
12-28-2015, 12:17 AM
That's a great gift, hope you enjoy it. PG is my second favourite album of theirs behind IV, as well as being probably my favourite double album.

Given that your favourite Zeppelin album is II, I'm guessing that you tend to like the riff-driven hard rock songs? If so, there should be plenty of music you'll like on Graffiti. Of the songs in this vein, The Wanton Song is a particular favourite of mine, though Custard Pie, The Rover and Sick Again are also very strong. There's a very wide range of different styles on the album though.

Yeah, I like the hard rock side of Zeppelin more than the softer stuff, although I like the folky stuff like Going to California. IV is my second favorite Zeppelin album, but I don't enjoy Stairway to Heaven like some do. I plan to give the record a spin tomorrow.

NightMistBlue
12-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Stylistically, that album meanders over a varied terrain. You get off-the-cuff jokey stuff like Boogie with Stu and Custard Pie to the whimsical, shimmering beauty of Down by the Seaside, then an unexpected seriously romantic epic Ten Years Gone. Much to admire, much to ponder (the photos of the boys in heavy makeup, for example). You may want to check the albums' run-out grooves: I dimly recall there were messages.

FWIW
04-12-2016, 12:47 PM
I just saw that the copyright infringement case brought on behalf of Spirit guitarist Randy Wolfe is going to trial. I must say I am a bit surprised. From an article (http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36022876) on the BBC website:
A Los Angeles district judge said there were enough similarities between the song and an instrumental by the band Spirit to let a jury decide.

The trial has been scheduled for 10 May.

Stairway to Heaven, released in 1971, is widely seen as one of the greatest rock compositions of all time.

The copyright infringement action has been brought by Michael Skidmore, a trustee for the late Spirit guitarist Randy Wolfe, who played on the same bill as Led Zeppelin in the 1960s, and claims he should be given a writing credit on the track.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Page and lead singer Plant are reputed to have written Stairway to Heaven in a remote cottage in Wales.
However, Mr Skidmore has suggested the song came about after the band heard Spirit perform the instrumental Taurus while the bands toured together in 1968 and 1969.

US district judge Gary Klausner said a jury could find "substantial" similarity between the first two minutes of Stairway and Taurus.

"While it is true that a descending chromatic four-chord progression is a common convention that abounds in the music industry, the similarities here transcend this core structure," Judge Klausner ruled.

"What remains is a subjective assessment of the 'concept and feel' of two works... a task no more suitable for a judge than for a jury."

He also said the trustee can get only 50% of any damages awarded, citing a 1967 contract Wolfe signed.

NightMistBlue
04-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh, balderdash. If Randy California thought Zep had ripped him off, he would have pursued it surely. It's just a chord progression.

UndertheWire
04-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Have you listened to the Spirit track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8AVbwB_6E

I'm expecting Led Zeppelin to settle and if anything I'm surprised they've let it go this far. I think a jury would find in favour of Randy Wolfe (aka Randy California).

However, this ruling seems to go against the idea that only the lyrics and vocal melody had copyright.

NightMistBlue
04-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Of course I've heard the track. Only the intro figure (descending chord progression) bears any resemblance. Taurus is a lovely, vague bit of ambience. It's not a structured song.

Zeppelin went someplace completely different: Stairway is a fully developed composition.

SilverAcidRayne
04-12-2016, 04:24 PM
they are still trying to get money out of this? smh

Freypower
04-12-2016, 06:51 PM
This will not change my opinion of what is for me the second greatest rock song ever written. There is a similarity. It doesn't bother me & it shouldn't bother most people.

WalshFan88
04-12-2016, 07:45 PM
This will not change my opinion of what is for me the second greatest rock song ever written. There is a similarity. It doesn't bother me & it shouldn't bother most people.

What is your first? Just curious.

Freypower
04-12-2016, 08:09 PM
What is your first? Just curious.

A Day In The Life.

I don't have to say who it's by do I?! :grooving:

ETA: I was reading this thread again & I made a mistake. Stairway is my THIRD favourite song after the above & Romeo & Juliet. I'm slipping...

Prettymaid
04-12-2016, 08:37 PM
A Day In The Life.

I don't have to say who it's by do I?! :grooving:

I don't think I knew this about you. Surely there's a thread around here somewhere titled The Greatest Rock Song Ever Written (in your opinion).
If not there needs to be, although I have no idea if I know what mine is...

Freypower
04-12-2016, 08:40 PM
In the Listography - My Life In Playlists thread a lot of people did list their top 20 songs or whatever.

Prettymaid
04-12-2016, 08:44 PM
In the Listography - My Life In Playlists thread a lot of people did list their top 20 songs or whatever.

You're so good at lists and enjoy doing them. I suck at them. Too much pressure. :confused:

Jonny Come Lately
04-13-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't think I knew this about you. Surely there's a thread around here somewhere titled The Greatest Rock Song Ever Written (in your opinion).
If not there needs to be, although I have no idea if I know what mine is...

I'd be happy to start such a thread - although there is the Listography thread it might be a bit more fun if you want to have a go without worrying about coming up with an exact list, and I think it's specific enough to justify a bespoke topic. I enjoy making lists myself but even I must admit I'd struggle to come up with a truly satisfactory list of what I consider to be the greatest songs. There are too many songs that I absolutely love and I think it's really difficult to separate the very best ones (I find it easier with albums because I can also take into account how well everything comes together - you can have an album with several great songs that doesn't really gel together, or one which has few outstanding tracks but is greater than the sum of its parts).

Regarding Stairway, I'm not especially bothered about the outcome of this case. It isn't the first time a band has got in trouble for 'borrowing' a chord progression and it isn't Zeppelin's first case either. They blatantly reused some of the lyrics from the Muddy Waters/Willie Dixon song You Need Love in Whole Lotta Love, and I'm personally not bothered about that. The music is just too good, and they almost always found a way to make their songs their own . Even Black Mountain Side, musically virtually a straight rip-off of Bert Jansch's version of Blackwaterside, beats the original - the production makes it much more punchy and dynamic, and the tablas were a great addition.

MortSahlFan
04-16-2016, 09:59 AM
"Achilles Last Stand" (i think) is their best song.

SilverAcidRayne
04-16-2016, 12:31 PM
two songs... No Quarter and Since I've Been Loving You. love those

MortSahlFan
04-16-2016, 01:37 PM
I remember once listening to "Since I've Been Loving You" all the way from vacation. I listened once, then gave it to my friend to listen.

"No Quarter" was a song I remember listening in my room.

SilverAcidRayne
04-16-2016, 02:45 PM
its like the tightness of the band is timeless. even on celebration day they were flawless. that whole concert I could not move. lol

Jonny Come Lately
04-16-2016, 03:45 PM
I love all three of these songs, so I'll try to describe what I think makes them great. The guitar work on Achilles' Last Stand is epic, but what amazes me most is that Robert sung that song from the wheelchair he was confined to after his car accident in 1975. Since I've Been Loving You is to my mind the centrepiece of III, I really like the quirky acoustic songs on that record but I think having this monumental blues-rock number on there really gave the album weight. It is so impressive that it makes the comparable Tea For One, a perfectly good song, look weak in comparison. No Quarter is another big favourite of mine, second only to Over The Hills and Far Away from Houses of the Holy. It is also one of my Dad's favourites (as it was the first album he ever bought). The main riff is great but I think John Paul Jones' piano solo in the middle is especially beautiful. It's a great song to play to anyone who thinks Led Zeppelin is only about good time rockers like Whole Lotta Love or Black Dog.

There are some bands where I am reasonably decisive about which song is my favourite, but there are others where I can never quite decide on one favourite. The Eagles fall into this category, and Led Zeppelin is another, so I can only give an approximate personal top ten right now in album order:

Dazed and Confused
Heartbreaker
Immigrant Song
Black Dog
Stairway To Heaven
When The Levee Breaks
Over The Hills and Far Away
Kashmir
The Wanton Song
Achilles' Last Stand

Of these, I think The Wanton Song is maybe the most unusual pick, but I think it absolutely rocks. I think Jimmy played the guitar through a Hammond organ (I think) for the solo, can't quite remember but it sounds awesome!

I loved Celebration Day, I don't remember it when it actually happened but I've watched the film and it is stunning. The performance that really blew me away was In My Time of Dying, Jimmy and JPJ (playing fretless bass IIRC) were really playing their socks off on that one. I loved the two songs they played from Presence too - For My Life and Nobody's Fault But Mine - as they weren't obvious inclusions at all but I thought they rocked them and I really gained a new appreciation for the album versions after that.

zeldabjr
04-16-2016, 09:51 PM
At the moment...my favorite Led Zeppelin song is "Trampled Under Foot"...there's a live version from 1975 on Youtube that's amazing!!

SilverAcidRayne
04-17-2016, 12:07 AM
Trampled Under Foot. love that one too lol

WS82Classics
04-17-2016, 09:58 PM
Somebody was mentioning Zeppelin's copyright issues and their penchant for 'borrowing' riffs from other bands, and it reminded me that the guitars on this more-than-obscure Pretty Things song do sound a good bit like those on "Going to California."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-h8Fc3Wx2k

Pretty Things released the album with this one about a year before Zeppelin put out 'IV.' Your mileage might vary. Still, it is quite interesting to compare the two.

Brooke
06-24-2016, 03:30 PM
I was wondering what the LZ hardcores think about the recent Stairway/Taurus case?

NightMistBlue
06-24-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm so glad they were exonerated. It was such a b.s. case! You can't copyright a chord progression. Other than that, the songs were not a bit similar.

I hope Jimmy and Robert renewed their friendship by hanging out together. Though at 72, Pagey might be too old to tour.

Freypower
06-24-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm so glad they were exonerated. It was such a b.s. case! You can't copyright a chord progression. Other than that, the songs were not a bit similar.

I hope Jimmy and Robert renewed their friendship by hanging out together. Though at 72, Pagey might be too old to tour.

Agreed. The case should never have been brought.

Brooke
06-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Good to hear!

WS82Classics
10-04-2016, 06:18 PM
As I was coming of age, bands like Cream, the Eagles, and Led Zeppelin rated lots of airplay on my playlists. Many of their songs bring back happy memories from that distant time.

My top 10 favourite Zeppelin songs(Warning: Some oddball choices)

1. Dancing Days
2. When the Levee Breaks
3. Hot Dog
4. Kashmir
5. Over the Hills and Far Away
6. Houses of the Holy
7. Dazed and Confused
8. All My Love
9. How Many More Times?
10. What is and What Should Never Be

Freypower
10-04-2016, 06:30 PM
No, those aren't oddball at all.

Saw Joe Bonamassa play How Many More Times a few nights ago.

Jonny Come Lately
10-06-2016, 02:41 PM
My top 10 favourite Zeppelin songs(Warning: Some oddball choices)

1. Dancing Days
2. When the Levee Breaks
3. Hot Dog
4. Kashmir
5. Over the Hills and Far Away
6. Houses of the Holy
7. Dazed and Confused
8. All My Love
9. How Many More Times?
10. What is and What Should Never Be

Nothing wrong with having slightly different choices to most. In actual fact, it's cool. :cool:

My own list is on the previous page if anyone's interested, so no real point in re-posting mine. I must admit Hot Dog would not be near my own top 20, but it's all subjective. On the other hand your top ten includes four that I absolutely love - When The Levee Breaks, Kashmir, Over The Hills and Far Away (always my favourite from Houses of the Holy) and Dazed and Confused. I think these are some of the greatest songs of the rock era, not just amongst Led Zeppelin's catalogue. I'm also quite a big fan of What Is And What Should Never Be - I love the contrast between the quieter verses and louder choruses (and also the quieter and louder parts of the guitar solo mid-song). I really like the sentiment and lyrics of All My Love, and it's one of Plant's best late era vocals, the only problem for me is that I'm not wild about the keyboard sound they went for on the track - I think it sounds a bit 'of its time', which is a shame because the song itself is otherwise timeless. If it sounded a bit more 'natural' (unsure that's the right word), like Thank You from LZ II, it would be great.

NightMistBlue
10-12-2016, 12:37 PM
OT: Sir Rod Stewart is knighted but Jimmy Page gets a piddling OBE?! Where is justice I ask you.

MortSahlFan
10-12-2016, 04:46 PM
"Achilles Last Stand" is my favorite. I also love "Ten Years Gone"

Freypower
10-12-2016, 05:06 PM
OT: Sir Rod Stewart is knighted but Jimmy Page gets a piddling OBE?! Where is justice I ask you.

This wasn't at the same time. Page has had the OBE for years. It's likely he could still be knighted but I think it's more likely that Plant (CBE) will be.

Jonny Come Lately
11-27-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't know why, but I had a Led Zeppelin dream last night. A crazy dream! :wink: I thought I'd share it just because it was funny. And yes, it is bonkers!

In my dream, Led Zeppelin were doing another one-off concert like they did almost a decade ago - Celebration Day II, if you will - and I was going with my parents! Somehow we managed to persuade my Mum (who doesn't like them much) to go along too, I think we told her it would be the concert of the century and that she'd regret missing it. The venue was... surprising, as it was at the Liverpool Royal Philharmonic Hall. It's a nice place, but a weird setting for a band like Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page, Robert Page and Jason Bonham were on stage and then John Paul Jones came on. The announcer said 'introducing...' and I excitedly shouted out 'Jonesy!' but the audience seemed bemused and even when he shouted his name, no one else seemed to actually know who he was! I was very disappointed that so few people recognised him. The show was about to start when Robert went to sit on his chair (?). Fully expecting the show to start with Good Times, Bad Times, he instead started singing Immigrant Song (my mum's favourite. NOT!) along to a backing track (what exactly were the other band members doing here then?). Seemingly everyone in my row was filming Plant on their phones as he sung the classic hard rock anthem from his little chair. However, people then started to leave the venue and soon it was virtually empty! The concert experience was underwhelming, to say the least (concert of the century? I think not!), but I can't remember anything after that.

There were so many bizarre things in this dream! It's hard to tell where it came from but I was listening to Presence a couple of days ago, where Plant famously recorded his vocals from a wheelchair, so perhaps that explains the bit with the chair. Maybe. :hilarious:

Arianne
04-22-2017, 07:24 AM
I dream of Led Zeppelin day and night.
The photo I've searched long and hard for came to me through you!
Love ya,
Arianne.

Arianne
04-22-2017, 07:27 AM
How to upload a pic?

WalshFan88
04-22-2017, 10:19 PM
I dream of Led Zeppelin day and night.
The photo I've searched long and hard for came to me through you!
Love ya,
Arianne.

Welcome! This is a primarily (well, is) a Eagles board but we do have this off topic section for other music we love.

Glad you found the photo you were in search of! Drives me crazy when I can't find it and yet I've just seen it.