PDA

View Full Version : EOC Twitter

sodascouts
05-02-2009, 10:11 PM
As I quasi-announced in the impersonations thread, I've created a Twitter for the site! Those of you who have accounts, please follow me! If you don't have an account, it's pretty easy to make one if you're interested. As I posted on there this morning, I'm going to try and do some fun stuff with it, maybe some games and contests as well as news.

It's here:

http://www.twitter.com/eaglesonline

Peekaboo
05-03-2009, 07:52 AM
I still have yet to get into the whole Twitter thing. Although, to be fair, I haven't really given it a chance. It took me a while to get into myspace but once i did I got hooked. I hear about Twitter all the time so I'm sure I'll end up checking it out.

ticky
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I gotta say, I love the Eagles Fun Facts on Twitter *G*

sodascouts
05-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Glad you like that, ticky! I've been trying to think of ways to make it interesting even when there's no news.

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
When I get a day or two to myself I'll check it out Nancy! I'm sure its fun1

Troubadour
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
OK, I just got myself an account. I'm still getting to grips with it, but it was nice to see some familiar faces! ;) I've requested to follow the people I recognised from here, but I'm Troubadour_ incase I missed anyone.

luvthelighthouse
05-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I just signed up and I don't get it at all! I do not understand how it works... however, if anyone is wondering who LTL12 is, it's me.

AzEaglesFan
05-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I received a Twitter request for "williehooten" to follow me. Is this one of you? I checked the members list and didn't find that name listed.

Troubadour
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Apologies for answering for her, but Willie is TimothyBFan :thumbsup:

AzEaglesFan
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you, I wondered when I saw the "Willie" that's why I asked. Willie, send the request to me again, I went on a delete spree and deleted a lot of things by mistake. I have a man that sends me all kinds of things that take hours to load because I'm on dialup. I deleted 16,000 KB of stuff because for 2 days it tried to load and never did get completed. I hope they get high speed here soon.

sodascouts
05-05-2009, 06:03 PM
It's a good idea to check, but you might want to keep that kind of info to PMs to protect privacy, what with all the troubles we've had lately.

TimothyBFan
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry AZ!!! I should of specified or PM'd you from here! I forgot about it. No problem with me here about the name being here now---but none of you better get any ideas!!! :fingerwag: :hilarious:

Fan_For_Life
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Haven't signed up yet. I just signed up for facebook few weeks ago. I've been myspaced-out for about 3 yrs having met some good people. I am very careful who I allow as most of you are so, as soon as I can get around to it I'll register. And then spend the rest of the year trying to figure everything out.

melrose
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I signed up for an account, too. I'm still trying to figure it all out, so it is nothing interesting so far :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm not in love with Twitter yet either. It seems better for making announcements than interacting with people. As such, it does work well for EOC but not as much for my personal stuff.

AzEaglesFan
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
I can already tell that I will like it for EOC but I don't know about anything else. Glad your not upset about me blowing your alias Willie. lol

Peekaboo
05-06-2009, 06:59 AM
I finally got a twitter account. Now i'm just trying to figure out what the heck i'm supposed to do.

Brooke
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I probably won't do these. I do well to keep up here!

Prettymaid
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Ditto Brooke!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Well I just wanted to say congratulations on the fantastic beginning for EOC Twitter. The site hit over 100 followers today and it has only been up for 8 days. Great job, Soda with the daily features and updates to keep things interesting. And look out Ashton Kutcher - here we come!!! :lol:

MikeA
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I think Twitter is really more for people or organizations who have something to report that people want to keep up with. I'm following a Professional Golfer (Stewart Cink) who Twits several times a day with tidbits from inside the ropes sometimes and other times just logs where or what he had for dinner. Interesting, but not earthshaking.

It is just a short way to Blog I think. I kinda doubt that anyone would be interested in knowing each time I grab a cup of coffee. Haven't quite figured out how it really figures in as an active tool for the majority of peeps. But it is interesting if someone you are interested in takes an Active instead of a Passive role on it. Say, any of the Eagles maybe. Hmmm, I wonder if Jim Morison (RIP) Twits? He is one who might be able to pull it off!

BTW, If I see or hear from anyone here, I'll accept a Twit request. But I have to protect my virtue so I have made following me a request only type thing. I seldom ever post anything. Hmmm, come to tbink of it, I seldom post on FaceBook or MySpace either. Guess I just don't "get out" much.

sodascouts
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I hear ya, Miike. I use it far more for EOC, and for receiving news from other people, than I use it for announcing personal stuff. I use Facebook more for that. But Twitter does have its own appeal, especially for people who don't want to bother with applications.

Thanks for the congrats, Dreamer! I'm very pleasantly surprised at how it's going!

AzEaglesFan
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I enjoy reading the posts and have gone to some of the sites posted but don't have a clue YET how to post anything.:blush:

sodascouts
05-11-2009, 12:45 PM
AEF, after you log on, you should see a box that says "What Are You Doing?" underneath the Twitter logo at the top of the page. That is where you type your post, similar to a post box here.

After you type your post or "tweet" as it's called, hit the "update" button under the box and wait for it to upload. Once it has uploaded, it will show up in small print directly underneath the now-empty box after the bolded word "Latest."

If you click on the "profile" link at the top right, you will see your latest update in large font at the top of the page.

If you want to return to the screen with the post box and your friend's updates, click "Home" on that same top right menu.

AzEaglesFan
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Soda, I have a REAL bad habit of trying to make things a lot harder than they need to be, thank you for making it sound so simple.

MikeA
05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Soda,

I see that eaglesonlinec has been terminated! Good Job!!!!!!