PDA

View Full Version : New Don, Joe and Timothy Interviews

Glennsallnighter
05-04-2009, 07:37 AM
I came across this this morning, when I logged into my local radio stations web page. I will admit I was in the know that it was going to happen. One of our djs managed to get interviews with Don, Joe and Timmy in Chicago last month. Hopefully here they are!

try http://countrymix.fm/site/listen/listen-again

Or if this doesn't work you could try

http://countrymix.fm/site/on-air/podcasts

(I'm not very well versed in posting links! Lol)

Anyway I hope it works for you. They are good interviews.

tbsfan
05-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Great find. Thanks!

I came across this this morning, when I logged into my local radio stations web page. I will admit I was in the know that it was going to happen. One of our djs managed to get interviews with Don, Joe and Timmy in Chicago last month. Hopefully here they are!

try http://countrymix.fm/site/listen/listen-again

Or if this doesn't work you could try

http://countrymix.fm/site/on-air/podcasts

(I'm not very well versed in posting links! Lol)

Anyway I hope it works for you. They are good interviews.

Troubadour
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks for posting, Lis. Still not working for me, but I'll keep trying!

TimothyBFan
05-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Not working for me either darn it.

Koala
05-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks, nice interviews! :)

sodascouts
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys, if you're having trouble playing them, try using Internet Explorer. They don't seem to play in Firefox. Not sure about Safari and other browsers.

I thought that it was odd that Don brought up playing LROOE in Red States vs. Blues States as if it would be a problem, then admitted when asked that it was received positively everywhere. OK, so why attempt to put out the other perception? Also, if the woman sitting and giving the finger was actually the woman in Indy and not Detroit (an understandable error considering they were on consecutive nights, and I find it hard to believe there were two) - she wasn't giving them the finger because of LROOE. She was giving them the finger because she had been told to sit down, and was sitting down while everyone was standing as a protest. GEEZ, CATCH A CLUE, GUYS!

Joe once again is forced to make excuses for the suits, poor guy!

Tim talks about his Irish citizenship - apparently it took him 2 years to get! - but still doesn't give a coherent explanation for it.

TimothyBFan
05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I thought that it was odd that Don brought up playing LROOE in Red States vs. Blues States as if it would be a problem, then admitted when asked that it was received positively everywhere. OK, so why attempt to put out the other perception? Also, if the woman sitting and giving the finger was actually the woman in Indy and not Detroit (an understandable error considering they were on consecutive nights, and I find it hard to believe there were two) - she wasn't giving them the finger because of LROOE. She was giving them the finger because she had been told to sit down, and was sitting down while everyone was standing as a protest. GEEZ, CATCH A CLUE, GUYS!

Joe once again is forced to make excuses for the suits, poor guy!

I haven't gotten to listen yet (will try IE). It almost some times seems as if they are trying to stir up trouble. I agree, why bring it up if it didn't matter Red vs. Blue. And honestly, while I was at the concerts I was at, I can assure you I was NOT sitting there thinking "I wonder if they will play LROOE because I'm sitting in a blue/red state."

And are they really that clueless about why people may react to the fact that we are TOLD not to stand during a rock concert they spent bundles on a ticket for?!?

And don't even get me started about the suits!

Maybe I shouldn't listen to these interviews! :brickwall: :sigh:

sodascouts
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
At least listen to Tim's - some interesting comments about how kids can make their own CDs and about the connection with fans through the internet.

luvthelighthouse
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought these were an interesting listen. IMO, I honestly think Timothy did the whole citizenship at his wife's urgering... there really isn't any other tie to wanting to be a citizen there. Also, I'm a fast talker... so I was willing to speak faster... but as always I just adored him. ;-)

As for Don, I'm guessing here... but maybe he feels LROOE could be a point of contention w/some fans... so naturally he would think the finger thing was towards the song and not the standing vs. sitting issue. That never even crossed my mind... but if she was protesting the sit/stand issue that is hilarious!!! :hilarious:

Now, if only they had a Glenn clip...

sodascouts
05-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Tim also talks about being sick at the end of the tour and how he barely made it through the last show, poor thing!

Glenn just isn't interested in doing the press. It's too bad, because he comes across as very charming, witty, and intelligent when he does. Perhaps he doesn't want to expose himself to criticism by saying something that could be negatively perceived.

TimothyBFan
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Ok-I listened to Tim's (you knew I would!). A few thoughts.

*I LOVE his voice!!!

* When he talks about his solo album in the works and "I know the others guys will be doing the same thing". There was mention of Joe but that kinda sounds like all of them will be or am I just wishful thinking?

* "your cool suits". DON'T ENCOURAGE THEM!!:hilarious:

* I LOVE his voice!!!

* Poor baby about being sick!

* "I love the Squeeze impression"---Who doesn't?

* I LOVE his voice!!!

*I'd love to connect with him via the internet--or any other way! :)

*Is "R & Bness" a word? :hilarious:

* I am totally convinced after listening that the whole Irish citizenship thing was for Jean. That's nice. Glad he didn't say anything about it being "for safety sake".

* Better believe I agree he is "the ribbon on the package". "He sings it high and he plays it low" :partytime: That sounds really familiar! :)

* Oh--and finally I LOVE his voice!!!

luvthelighthouse
05-04-2009, 01:53 PM
TBF, ... I think TBS is the WHOLE package! :inlove:

There's still one thing I'm unclear on... what do you think of his voice?:hilarious:

Freypower
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Tim also talks about being sick at the end of the tour and how he barely made it through the last show, poor thing!

Glenn just isn't interested in doing the press. It's too bad, because he comes across as very charming, witty, and intelligent when he does. Perhaps he doesn't want to expose himself to criticism by saying something that could be negatively perceived.

Unfortunately the endless, deafening silence appears not to endear him to fans, many of whom appear to know nothing about the man.

AzEaglesFan
05-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Neither one works for me either and I have IE. Are there any other options?

Brooke
05-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I couldn't get the link to work either, so I went straight to the website (opened a new window) of www.countrymix.fm (http://www.countrymix.fm) and then highlighted the Listen tab in red across the top. Then click on Listen again and it comes up on the page.

Great interviews, btw.

Prettymaid
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks Brooke for the link and tip. I was finally able to listen to Joe's anyway!

Love it when he's talking about guitars and says he's probably got about eighty. Then he says, "I only need one, but don't tell anybody, okay?" :hilarious:

Hopefully I'll be able to get back here and listen to the others.

Tessa
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Great interviews.

While listening to Don I soooo hoped somebody would hand him a tissue. *gg*