PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - you be the interviewer

luvthelighthouse
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Let's say you had a chance to meet the band and could ask each member only five questions... what would they be? Keep in mind, this is YOUR time, so you can ask anything you want...personal, musical, anything.

I'm actually going to have to think about my own questions...

sodascouts
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Good topic, but also really difficult! I'll have to think about mine too.

TimothyBFan
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Any question right? How about "Hey Tim, will you come home with me?" :heybaby:

I guess I better think on this one! Great topic and another mind boggler!

EagleLady
05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I would ask Don if he needs a massage therapist :twisted: :heybaby:

luvthelighthouse
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
These are off the cuff, but they are what came to mind right now.

Glenn:

1) Your children are probably well aware of your former lifestyle. How do address the dangers of drug use w/your kids; especially when they can say, “but dad, you made it out okay”?

2) You have quite the reputation with your former band mates, beer dumping, towel throwing, an almost throw down w/a swinging guitar your way… do you feel you still have the feisty fire that can really tick people off… are you really one to be reckoned with?

3) Name three songs you wish you could delete from your song catalog, either solo or Eagles.

4) How do you feel about being a rock legend in your own time and do you ever see yourself retiring from the industry?

5) What really went down with Felder? (Of course, I doubt I’d get the real answer)

Don:

1) You previously had a rep for loving and leaving women, heck it made for good song writing. What is it about your wife that made you leave your old ways behind and settle down into a family man?

2) What’s the story with the fourth kid? Have you known all along, or was this something you learned when she was growing up… and why are you so evasive about her?

3) Do you still get a rush or thrill taking the stage and how do you feel about fans you recognize at more than one show – elated or scared (lol) ?

4) You are an excellent song writer. Tell me a little about your process. Do you start w/an idea and go back and beef it up or what? About how long does it take you to complete a song you are satisfied with?

5) Overall, I believe you know you have a rather charmed life… why do you often look so irritated?

Joe:

1) Discuss your relationship with Stevie Nicks both then and now.

2) You’ve led quite the rocker lifestyle and seem to know everyone. Who do you find to be the most interesting rocker that you personally know and why?

3) What’s it like to be a Beatle by marriage and are the two groups, Beatles/Eagles often compared in family discussions?

4) What are your favorite bands and the last person/band you saw in concert?

5) When you are not part of the touring machine, do you still pick up your guitar and play daily or write songs?

Timothy:

1) During your Poco days, you and Richie were so close that he named his first daughter after you. How did that make you feel and what is your relationship with Richie like today. Also, wasn’t there a period when you two lost contact and how did you reconnect?

2) When you joined the Eagles, did you feel you were going to have more say so in the band? In Poco you were pretty much a front man… and in the Eagles you have sort of been regulated to sideman. Is that what you expected and do you wish things were a little different?

3) How long have you been vegan and why? How can you live life without diary?

4) Discuss life for you on The Long Run tour. What’s up w/the 3E buttons you wore, weren’t you with your current wife at the time? (as a girlfriend)

5) I understand your children are a musically inclined as well. How have you handled the topic that not everyone will reach the level of success you have had and what do you do to back their endeavors?

melrose
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey Willie, wanna share? We can alternate weeks ;)

Great questions, LTL! This is gonna take some time to think about...

tbsfan
05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
These are off the cuff, but they are what came to mind right now.

<snip>

Timothy:

<snip>

3) How long have you been vegan and why? How can you live life without diary?

You can scratch that one, or at least part of it. He's not vegan or vegetarian, although he does eschew dairy. I just finished reading Hot Press's interviews with Timothy, Joe and Glenn (yes, Glenn - Henley's interview was scrapped because the guys' travel plans were moved up due to bad weather) and when asked if he had a healthy lifestyle, he said he thought he did but said he was not a vegetarian.

Freypower
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Could you please provide a link to the interview with Glenn?

tbsfan
05-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Could you please provide a link to the interview with Glenn?

I couldn't find it on their website but you can order the magazine at http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html. It's the current issue, with Jerry Fish & Amanda May on the cover.

Fan_For_Life
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Great questions LTL. This is tough. Let's see,,, :headscratch: I'm digging deep for these so some may seem off the wall. And not so sure I could come up with 5 for each. So I'll do my best to make it generally speaking for each member. As more questions pop up I'll post them.

What prompted the writing of the song On The Border?

Do you have any tattoos?

How do you feel about todays ticket prices?

right now that's all I can think of..

Ive always been a dreamer
05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Good topic ltlh and good questions for the guys. I am also going to have to give these some thought.

luvthelighthouse
05-06-2009, 11:16 PM
You can scratch that one He's not vegan or vegetarian, although he does eschew dairy.

It's almost as if he was reading these forums and had to set everyone straight that he is not a vegan. Hmmm... I wonder why we all thought that. I wonder if he ever was and we read that somewhere. :headscratch:

Well, at least that frees up the space for one more question. ha...

I'm surprised this thread didn't take off. With all the talking we do about the band, I thought for sure everyone would be filled w/questions. Granted five each is a lot, after I wrote it all out... but even if you asked five to just one or two of them... I'd really love to see what others would ask.

melrose
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I think the thread will take off. I just think we will all be pondering it a few days. I know I will. It is a really good topic, LTL.

Wasn't it mentioned in Felder's Heaven and Hell book that Timothy was a vegetarian...? Or am I pulling that information from somewhere else?

Maleah
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I think it's just that people are taking some time to think of what they want to ask. It took me a bit too and I still had to really think about it. And to be honest I think I'd ask all of them the same question a couple of times because I want to hear each of their answers on it.

I would ask all of them these questions:
1. What is your favorite solo song by each of your fellow Eagles and why?
2. Are there any current artists that you really enjoy and why?

Glenn:
3. When did Deacon first start showing an interest in performing music and how did that make you feel? Excited and proud that he would follow your footsteps? Or nervous that he would go down some of the same paths as you?

4. What song do you wish you had written and why?

5. How does it make you feel when you hear people talk about how much your music has meant to them?

Don:
3. What is something that a fan has said or done that has meant the most to you and why?

4. If you could record a song with any current or fairly current artist who would it be? Would it be one of their songs that you like or an original that you would write?

5. Who would you like to hear record one of your songs and which song would you like them to sing?

Joe:
3. When you and your bandmates are together off stage and all in good moods, do you have as much fun as you seem to together on stage?

4. Do you feel like you HAVE to be the comedic relief within the band or is that just something that comes naturally?

5. What is your most memorable encounter with a fan? Both scary and meaningful.

Timothy:
3. Are you as calm as you seem to be all the time? Or do you just use a lot of self control when you get angry or upset?

4. Who has inspired you as an artist and why?

5. Which of your bandmates do you have the most in common with and get along with the best?

That's the best I can come up with :shrug: Guess I'm not to be an interviewer lol

*edited to say that I'd probably ask each of them what exactly they have against American Idol and if they're a fan of ANYONE that has come off of the show. lol I'd probably ask them if it just annoys them that most of these people don't have to struggle for years before making it big*

05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay - since I don't have a huge amount of time right now, I decided to post my answer separately for each of the guys because I want to think about them. I have given some thought and I think these are the questions that I would ask Glenn (although I reserve the right to change my mind)! :wink:

What are your top 5 favorite song lyrics that you wrote and why?
After putting out such an excellent album in Strange Weather, it must have been very disappointing that it wasn't more of a commercial success. How do you feel about this and is this the reason that you do not perform any of the songs from this album in your live solo shows? If not, what is the reason?
You have mentioned that one of your goals is to write and produce a movie sound track. Have you seriously pursued this?
Do you have a master plan for your life or do you just mostly take things a day at a time?
Will you ever write an autobiography?

EagleLady
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I would also ask Don why he doesn't smile when having his picture taken with fans?

Brooke
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
This does require lots of thought! I'm just going to post mine as I think of them.

Glenn:

1. Why don't you tour solo more often and more places?
2. Why do you and Don have such an aversion to the internet-specifically YouTube?
3. Why don't you have your own website and fan forum like so many others do?

Maidstone
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
My question:

Seriously, Don, how do you explain your chapters in the "You'll Never Make Love in this Town Again" book to your wife? Your kids?
(I mean eventually it had/has to come up with the family. Right?)

Joe: Why don't you just date/live with the women in your life instead of marrying them? (What's he on now - fourth or fifth marriage?)

:brickwall:

I'm still working on the Glenn and Tim questions...

Maid

05-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay - I think I have the questions ready that I would ask Don. As with Glenn, I reserve the right to change my mind! :wink:

What were the specific conflicts that tore apart your friendship with Glenn Frey in the 70's? How has your personal and professional relationship with him changed since the 1994 resumption? (Wish I had asked Glenn the same question, but I didn't think about it until now.)
What are your future goals both personally and professionally?
Do you think that Don Felder gave a fair and accurate account of his experiences in the band in his book Heaven or Hell: My Life in the Eagles?
Do you have a master plan for your life or do you just mostly take things a day at a time?

TimothyBFan
05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
I have really been thinking about this and I've got nothing! Why is it I can't think of anything really important to ask but yet, every time I read you guys' questions I think "wow, that's a great question!"? :shrug:

luvthelighthouse
05-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Willie, I think it's because you have so many questions you want to ask, that it's hard to narrow it down. I know, as I'm reading the others questions, I'm like, "yeah, I want to know that answer to that too!".

In all honestly, I would really love to have a nice sit down w/them and ask them all about their history w/the band. I know what we've read, but I would love to hear a first hand account and watch their body language as they told their tales.

05-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow - me too!!! :wink:

You know - it's funny, but I actually did comment to Glenn when he signed my Strange Weather CD at PB how much I loved the album and that he should perform some of the songs in his solo shows. I didn't get a very encouraging reaction - just kind of a look on his face that indicated 'sorry honey, but that won't be happening'. :lol: I later commented to Soda that I could think of a thousand questions that I wanted to ask him at PB. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to ask most of them. :weep: :wink:

Anyway, here are my questions for Joe ...

What are the positive and negative aspects of being in the Eagles from your perspective?
What are your future goals both personally and professionally?
Do you think that Don Felder gave a fair and accurate account of his experiences in the band in his book Heaven or Hell: My Life in the Eagles?
Will you continue to do meet 'n greets with fans through your Joe Walsh fan club?

05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Okay, finally got my questions for Tim ...

What are the positive and negative aspects of being in the Eagles from your perspective?
What are your plans to promote your upcoming album? Will you tour any?
Do you have any future plans to perform live with Poco again?
What are your 5 favorite songs from your solo catalog?

Koala
05-09-2009, 09:13 AM
This are all very interesting questions,
it would be really interesting to know what they would responses!

shunlvswx
09-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Don.
1. I read that you are an only child. Were you lonely growing up when it was only you and your parents? Were you shy? When you first started to playing the drums, did you come out of your shell? (I can relate with Don as being the only child. I know I was shy and I'm still shy

Both Glenn and Don can answer this one.
2. When you first met each other, what did you really think of each other?

For all the guys.
3. Describe each other in one word.

Don & Glenn(Joe and Timothy's children kinda already in the music business)
4. If your children came up to you and say, "Hey dad. I want to follow in your footstep." Would you let them or try to keep them away?

For all the guys.
5. What singer or group would you like to do a duet with?

Freypower
09-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Don.
1. I read that you are an only child. Were you lonely growing up when it was only you and your parents? Were you shy? When you first started to playing the drums, did you come out of your shell? (I can relate with Don as being the only child. I know I was shy and I'm still shy

For all the guys.
3. Describe each other in one word.

Don & Glenn(Joe and Timothy's children kinda already in the music business)
4. If your children came up to you and say, "Hey dad. I want to follow in your footstep." Would you let them or try to keep them away?

For all the guys.
5. What singer or group would you like to do a duet with?

Glenn's son Deacon plays guitar but he is still at college so I don't know if he intends to become a professional musician.

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM

Now THAT could get really interesting. lol!