PDA

View Full Version : Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

timfan
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Great finds! Thanks Koala!

Hmm, I always thought Tim started adding "B" to his name on his releases when he joined the Eagles but he says he decided to go by "Timothy B. Schmit" in high school here.

This is not the first time Timothy has said about starting to use the B in high school. See the post here:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11655&postcount=109

sodascouts
12-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Duh me! Looks like I had a brain fart. ;)

UK TimFan
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Me and Timothy have something in common.... we both turn Hotel California off when it comes on the radio, "it's so overplayed". I knew I was right!! :hilarious:
Tim's comment made me laugh, too.

Thanks for posting this, this really put a smile on my face today!
And thanks from me, Koala. :smile:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Well - thanks from me too. Koala! They were fun to listen to except I almost choked when the woman interviewer didn't know that the Eagles were back together. She seems to have done some homework and was knowledgeable about some stuff, but good grief - how could she have missed that!!! :headscratch: I guess she must have been pretty embarrassed about that. Wonder if Timothy was as gracious off air as he was on. :-?

Me and Timothy have something in common.... we both turn Hotel California off when it comes on the radio, "it's so overplayed". I knew I was right!! :hilarious:

But remember Willie - he said later that he was allowed to turn it off, but no one else was! :lol:

Don't know if I like it whenever he makes statements like, "I know my place in the band". I know it's true and they all have their place but for some reason, that always seems to rub me the wrong way a bit.

I know exactly what you mean. I don't like it when any of the guys seem to undermine their roles in the band either. I know they are trying to be modest, but they can be gracious and still take credit where credit is due. I just keep telling myself if they are happy with the band the ways things are, then I guess we fans should be happy too - or at least grateful. I mean I certainly am very glad that all the members seem to be content enough these days to keep the band going for a while longer that's for sure! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Topkat
12-13-2011, 09:09 PM
I never turn off "Hotel California" If they want to play it, I'll listen to it. I never get tired of that song.

Originally Posted by TimothyBFan

Don't know if I like it whenever he makes statements like, "I know my place in the band". I know it's true and they all have their place but for some reason, that always seems to rub me the wrong way a bit.

I also hate when Tim does this. He is a full member of that band, & the Eagles wouldn't be the same without him. I know he's being modest & not wanting to take credit for anything that was from Randy's time in the band, but he's in the Eagles since 1977. To imply that he's a lesser member of the band kind of upsets me. I know he doesn't get as much songwriting credits as Glenn & Don, but Tim plays a major role in the singing in the Eagles. It just kind of hurts to hear him say things like that.

AzEaglesFan
01-03-2012, 03:06 AM
If this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/emexpandoem-a-conversatio_b_1180328.html

Topkat
01-03-2012, 09:07 AM
That was a great interview with Timothy. Thanks for posting!

timfan
01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Another great interview! Wonderful to see Timothy talking about his whole career!. Thanks AZEaglesfan for finding it!

01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
AZ - Thanks from me, too. That was a very enjoyable read. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks! Interesting stuff.

TimothyBFan
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Another great find. Can't get enough even if it is a lot of stuff we've already read.

Koala
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Mike Ragogna's 2.0 - 20120104 - Eagles' Timothy B. Schmit

http://www.kruufm.com/node/12281

sodascouts
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
More goodies! Thanks, Koala!

Topkat
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Great interview.. Love to hear Timothy talk about his career.

01-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks for posting that one, Koala. It was a very entertaining interview. :yay:

timfan
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I will echo what others have said; Thanks Koala, a great find for sure! Also I think the recent Huffington Post interview was built from that audio interview :D

TimothyBFan
04-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Short but more evidence of how much Timothy appreciates his life.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/April/ts12Timothy_B_Schmit_Spring_Tour.shtml

sodascouts
04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
He's so down-to-earth. I love it!

zeldabjr
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Short but more evidence of how much Timothy appreciates his life.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/April/ts12Timothy_B_Schmit_Spring_Tour.shtml

Isn't he wonderful?! :smitten:

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2012, 12:08 PM
This interview was obviously published last fall, but I can't find it on here anywhere, so I'm posting it. In it he talks about a lot of things, but he mentions that the Eagles would not be doing a 40th anniversary tour this year but perhaps a big tour in 2013 (guess he really knew what he was talking about!). He also mentions, as he does in other interviews, that he would take the first part of this year to work on another solo CD. So I'm wondering if his upcoming tour will try out some new music? It includes links for the Friday Night video, and a Carvin discussion with a clip of Timothy singing ICTYW with the Eagles.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviewstimothybschmit2.htm

04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
This interview was obviously published last fall, but I can't find it on here anywhere, so I'm posting it. In it he talks about a lot of things, but he mentions that the Eagles would not be doing a 40th anniversary tour this year but perhaps a big tour in 2013 (guess he really knew what he was talking about!). He also mentions, as he does in other interviews, that he would take the first part of this year to work on another solo CD. So I'm wondering if his upcoming tour will try out some new music? It includes links for the Friday Night video, and a Carvin discussion with a clip of Timothy singing ICTYW with the Eagles.

:hmm: Wonder if he does have something new up his sleeve that we may get to hear? Ya never know!

sodascouts
04-28-2012, 03:17 PM
That would be great! It would also explain why Timothy is doing new tour dates - maybe he wants to try some songs out.

zeldabjr
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM

OOH, Thanks VK for this...you made my day...great interview, great pic, great video...I adore hearing him talk!!!...I adore him!!!:blush: Did I mention I adore him?

Zelda

Victim of Love
04-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Great find! Interesting interview. I especially liked the part where he said "I have a song titled “Friday Night” on Expando. That is an example of a song that I have written that is really autobiographical. I find that writing that way is good therapy for me." Could help but think I'd like to share in a little bit of that 'therapy'!:grin:

TimothyBFan
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm grasping to the bit about some another solo cd!!!! :pray:

Not sure how I feel about this part:
"Timothy: I have been shy all of my life. In both Poco and the Eagles, I joined established bands, so there was already a set pecking order. I was the new guy in both of those groups and I found my place – which was, and is a good place to be, by the way. My role was pretty much defined when I walked in the door. When I joined the Eagles, they had just won an award for Record of the Year for Hotel California. In a situation like that, you don’t want to upset the applecart. You want to jump in and do your job well."

I know, Timothy, but that was over 3 decades ago! I know we've discussed this before but I do wish he could get a bit more solo stuff into the shows and when he brought the "powers that be" new material for LROOE, they had included it.

It cracked me up when he was asked what the difference between his band and the Eagles were and he replied....
" I’d say my band is a looser situation. I’m not saying the Eagles are uptight," :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-29-2012, 11:20 AM
You know, I often thought that the lyrics in Secular Praise, ..."some people think I'm shy"...was Timothy perhaps revealing that he isn't shy, but here he clealy says that he is.

Concerning his statement about working on another solo cd this year, I have always said that Timothy clearly enjoyed making Expando and touring with it and that it would not surprise me at all to hear that he is doing another solo cd. This is good news!

Topkat
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
You know, I often thought that the lyrics in Secular Praise, ..."some people think I'm shy"...was Timothy perhaps revealing that he isn't shy, but here he clealy says that he is.

Concerning his statement about working on another solo cd this year, I have always said that Timothy clearly enjoyed making Expando and touring with it and that it would not surprise me at all to hear that he is doing another solo cd. This is good news!

I think Timothy is saying that maybe in some situations he is "shy" as in being the new guy in an established band, and in that situation anyone would be less vocal about their opinions. I don't think he is shy in other situations...I think that is what he meant by that statement.

I would be THRILLED if he were to whip out some new material at his upcoming solo shows, but I will let you know after I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if it is very much like the tour he did when Expando was released.
But since I missed that show, anything he does is fine with me!

zeldabjr
04-29-2012, 09:41 PM
I think Timothy is saying that maybe in some situations he is "shy" as in being the new guy in an established band, and in that situation anyone would be less vocal about their opinions. I don't think he is shy in other situations...I think that is what he meant by that statement.

I would be THRILLED if he were to whip out some new material at his upcoming solo shows, but I will let you know after I see him. I wouldn't be surprised if it is very much like the tour he did when Expando was released.
But since I missed that show, anything he does is fine with me!

OH yeah, anything he wants to sing is fine with me...I'd pay just to hear him sing the phonebook!:faint:

TimothyBFan
04-30-2012, 08:15 AM
I truly believe he really is shy, at least a bit so. He seems almost embarrassed about his fame at times. I think it's a combination of shy and humble. Seeing him in a solo show, you notice it even more. He just seems amazed that we were all there and so receptive of his work. JMO tho and I in no way can know for sure, of course. Don't claim to be a Timothy expert or anything.... darn it!! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I truly believe he really is shy, at least a bit so. He seems almost embarrassed about his fame at times. I think it's a combination of shy and humble. Seeing him in a solo show, you notice it even more. He just seems amazed that we were all there and so receptive of his work. JMO tho and I in no way can know for sure, of course. Don't claim to be a Timothy expert or anything.... darn it!! :hilarious:

I can't wait to see the difference in him from Eagles show to solo show...won't be very long between them for me...:faint:...

also...TBFan... love your new av and sig pics!

TimothyBFan
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
I can't wait to see the difference in him from Eagles show to solo show...won't be very long between them for me...:faint:...

also...TBFan... love your new av and sig pics!

Can't wait to hear what you think. He gets to do all the talking and comes out of his shell. I bet he'll be even looser on this tour than the last because that was all so new to him then.

And thanks! I can take credit for the avi but the sig was a gift.

tbsfan
05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Here's a new two-part interview with Philadelphia radio station WMGK. Timothy talks about going to South Africa, the sandstorm in Dubai, the upcoming Berklee honor and other things.

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/kathy-wagner/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10380259

zeldabjr
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Here's a new two-part interview with Philadelphia radio station WMGK. Timothy talks about going to South Africa, the sandstorm in Dubai, the upcoming Berklee honor and other things.

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/kathy-wagner/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10380259

really incredible interview with Timothy B...loved it...can't wait to see the four of them in caps and gowns at Berklee next week!:nod:
zelda

Victim of Love
05-06-2012, 10:32 PM
This is, by far, the BEST intrview I've heard him do in a long time...IMHO.

Topkat
05-07-2012, 12:03 AM
That was a great interview & the news that he is working on another album is fantastic!!! WOW That means he may tour again for that album!! WoooHooo:smokin:
I doesn't sound like he will be playing any of the new stuff at these upcoming shows, so I guess we'll have to wait till the next tour, but that's OK with me.
Can't wait to see him.

zeldabjr
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I sent Kathy from the Philly station a thank you for the awesome interview...she emailed me the link to an interview she did with him when Expando came out...it's old but maybe no one's heard it... I know I haven't..

Hi Brenda,

Thanks very much for your kind words. Timothy is my favorite singer -- he truly has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever listened to -- and I'm so glad he's continuing to perform more solo shows. And in Philly this time! Glad you enjoyed the interview. Did you hear the one from 2009? I had to break it into 12 parts because we had just updated the WMGK website and files were limited to 5-minutes max....so you'll find a link at the bottom of each blog post taking you to the next part:

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/kathy-wagner/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10091450

Woodstock
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
You can tell that Kathy Wagner is a fan. Her two interviews with him are the best I've heard. If takes him a little time...but he starts to open up to her. I forget who on this board asked last week about his hurt/bandaged hand a few years ago....in the first interview he tells the story about the dog biting his hand...it's pretty funny (not that the dog bit him, just the way he tells the story). I'll have to listen to the first one again it's so good.

zeldabjr
05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
You can tell that Kathy Wagner is a fan. Her two interviews with him are the best I've heard. If takes him a little time...but he starts to open up to her. I forget who on this board asked last week about his hurt/bandaged hand a few years ago....in the first interview he tells the story about the dog biting his hand...it's pretty funny (not that the dog bit him, just the way he tells the story). I'll have to listen to the first one again it's so good.

That was me asking about the dog bite...yeah I didn't realize she was such a fan until I got the return email today...should have known though because the interviews are so good...could listen to them all day...:-)
zelda

Topkat
05-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Here's an article posted about Timothy and his new tour,

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/05/18/eagles-bassist-says-individual-projects-are-good-for-the-bands-longevity-ready-to-launch-new-solo-tour/

zeldabjr
05-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Here's an article posted about Timothy and his new tour,

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/05/18/eagles-bassist-says-individual-projects-are-good-for-the-bands-longevity-ready-to-launch-new-solo-tour/

thanks TK always love hearing from TBS, I was hoping he'd have his new CD out soon, but it doesn't sound like it...oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Topkat
05-20-2012, 08:22 AM
I was pretty sure that we aren't going to be hearing any new material, but the good news is that if he does another album, he will probably do another tour!! So that's great!:cheers:

tbsfan
05-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Just found these two interviews and haven't noticed them here yet.

http://www.sarabozich.com/2012/05/the-eagles-timothy-b-schmit-brings-solo-tour-to-york.html

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/655280_Timothy-B--Schmit-went-from-envying-the-Eagles-to-becoming-one.html

Koala
05-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Eagles’ bass player performs at Glenside’s Keswick

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20120531/ENTERTAINMENT01/120539989/eagles-bass-player-performs-at-glenside-s-keswick

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Eagles’ bass player performs at Glenside’s Keswick

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20120531/ENTERTAINMENT01/120539989/eagles-bass-player-performs-at-glenside-s-keswick

I like the way the writer said "when the Eagles come home to roost" that Timothy B "frequently heads out on a solo flight"....frequently?...are they crazy?

Topkat
05-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I like the way the writer said "when the Eagles come home to roost" that Timothy B "frequently heads out on a solo flight"....frequently?...are they crazy?

I guess every 2 years is frequent in Eagles time!:heart:

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Great news that Tim's recording another album!! Three year gap this time instead of eight! Enjoying all the interviews on here, got some catching up to do!!

I saw that blogs are included in the thread topic and today I finished an article length one on Tim.

It's been planned for awhile and I'd like to share some thoughts of mine (in just a few words) ;) Here's the direct link to my blog:

http://jacquireidpath.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/the-brilliance-of-timothy-b-schmit-2/

Like I said, just a few words! If you have any thoughts to share with me about it, feel free :)

zeldabjr
06-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Great news that Tim's recording another album!! Three year gap this time instead of eight! Enjoying all the interviews on here, got some catching up to do!!

I saw that blogs are included in the thread topic and today I finished an article length one on Tim.

It's been planned for awhile and I'd like to share some thoughts of mine (in just a few words) ;) Here's the direct link to my blog:

http://jacquireidpath.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/the-brilliance-of-timothy-b-schmit-2/

Like I said, just a few words! If you have any thoughts to share with me about it, feel free :)
Wow...you so eloquently put forth all the reasons we sweet Timothy B lovers feel he is underrated and why we love him so much...you really "get" what he is all about! I sat here nodding through the whole article thinking..there is a quiet brilliance about him...having seen his solo show twice last week...I've now seen the brilliance first hand...he is the total package! Just from what I have always heard, seen ,and felt...he does seem to be a gentle soul and a fine man! Thanks again for the beautiful article.

TimothyBFan
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Wonderful article!!!!

His trademark long hair falls softly around his shoulders as he loses himself in a song he has sung countless times before but always sings it the same way and with even greater feeling than before. His piercing brown eyes relay the intensity and concentration while his hands automatically pluck that Bass guitar like he was born to it. He is a natural. To watch him on stage is to immerse yourself in a sensual experience with his quiet grace, fluid elegance and understated fashion style and to appreciate that he is a man who is supremely confident as a musician; with a humble manner that has so endeared him to his fans.

I hadn't noticed any of that! :lie:

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow...you so eloquently put forth all the reasons we sweet Timothy B lovers feel he is underrated and why we love him so much...you really "get" what he is all about! I sat here nodding through the whole article thinking..there is a quiet brilliance about him...having seen his solo show twice last week...I've now seen the brilliance first hand...he is the total package! Just from what I have always heard, seen ,and felt...he does seem to be a gentle soul and a fine man! Thanks again for the beautiful article.

Well, thank you so much, I appreciate your opinion. You know, I took a couple of days getting to really know him through reading watching and [cough, cough] ogling ;) It's just my thing, people watching. I zeroed in on him because he was just so charismatic..and the one that really won me was when he sidled across the stage during the instrumental of ICTYW on the Melbourne DVD..absolutely blew me away.

So I thought our Tim was worthy of a whole blog :D I really enjoyed writing about him, always when someone touches my soul like this the words come from somewhere.

I would really love to interview him (from a professional standpoint) but in my dreams, huh :( *sighh

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Wonderful article!!!!

I hadn't noticed any of that! :lie:

;) suuuuuuure you didn't ;) I hardly even noticed either :drunk:

And glad you liked it, thanks for sharing that with me :)

sodascouts
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Well done! I love it when true fans write about Timothy. The love shines through!

zeldabjr
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
I soo wish he could read your article...would love to see the look on his face!!...he could look at it when he's having a bad day and feeling unappreciated...and know how his fans feel about him...:heart:

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks Soda :) Love always has to come from the heart if it means something. He just has such a relaxed, easy spirituality and I just adore that.

Zelda, what a lovely thing to say, thank you. I am sure if I found a contact I could send him the link. I am sure he needs a boost like anybody else when he has a bad day so if you think this would help uplift him, I would love to share my thoughts with him this way.

:rockguitar:

SallyGee
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Bramwen, Your article was wonderful. You expressed what I and I'm sure many others feel. I know we talk a lot about his "hotness", but that's because it's fun to act like a schoolgirl again. He really is the whole package. His voice, his talent, his humility, his whole natural persona all add to the package. They all make him attractive. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I hope he gets to read that someday.

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Bramwen, Your article was wonderful. You expressed what I and I'm sure many others feel. I know we talk a lot about his "hotness", but that's because it's fun to act like a schoolgirl again. He really is the whole package. His voice, his talent, his humility, his whole natural persona all add to the package. They all make him attractive. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I hope he gets to read that someday.

SallyGee, thank you. I always call it as I see it and this is what I see. You are absolutely right, he is the whole package and a variety of composites make him attractive in a whole sense. Hey, if we can't be schoolgirls, we wouldn't be women, right? What makes his attractiveness so attractive is he doesn't focus on that to sell his music. He just sells it.

A short time ago I emailed him the link and suggested an interview - I would so love it if he agreed :)

SallyGee
06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Bramwen, Good luck. You deserve to interview him. You are a very talented lady. If you need someone to serve tea or something, I'm available.

zeldabjr
06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Bramwen, Good luck. You deserve to interview him. You are a very talented lady. If you need someone to serve tea or something, I'm available.

I'll be the photographer:rofl:

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM

:smokin: could set you up with a virtual coffee tray or something then..I live in Australia LOL :drunk:

and thank you for the compliment :)

BramwenR
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I'll be the photographer:rofl:

:faint:oh my giddy heart, and here I was thinking I'd be the only one with a camera (I run a tight ship LOL) :P First I'd have to hop on a cloud and float on over there..cloud 9 is a long way up!! :rofl:

Victim of Love
06-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Haven't found any reviews from Timothy's show in Jersey lastnight but did come cross this article that ran a few days ago.

http://www.njherald.com/story/18720191/schmit-at-home-with-eagles-or-own-band

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I enjoyed the NJHerald article, there was some new stuff I hadn't heard before..Tim likes Jazz and Classical music, it's funny how eclectic our tastes can be..it really does depend on the mood :)

zeldabjr
06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I enjoyed the NJHerald article, there was some new stuff I hadn't heard before..Tim likes Jazz and Classical music, it's funny how eclectic our tastes can be..it really does depend on the mood :)

yeah I had not heard that before either.

BramwenR
06-12-2012, 07:20 AM
yeah I had not heard that before either.

It's really interesting you know, lots of busy musos have a completely different taste in music away from their norm..Il Divo, for example, three of them like electrofunk, heavy metal and rap! Although with Tim I'm not really srprised because Classical is great thinking music and Jazz is just great to set the vibe level..:)

Topkat
06-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I have heard him mention before that he listens to jazz.

BramwenR
06-26-2012, 07:58 PM
While on the subject of interviews and such, something's been niggling away at me over the last few weeks:

Has anybody else noticed how disrespectful some interviewers are to Timothy's wife?

I point out that red carpet interview with that brassy looking blonde in the red dress, who completely ignored Jean and she was left standing there like a shag on a rock. I could tell from Jean's expression exactly what she thought of her and rightly so.

I think if Timothy is gracious enough when he's out and about to give his time for an on-the-spot interview then the media person should at least have the good manners to acknowledge his wife.

Even if it's just a smile and a hello, how are you - and there was another one too I saw a couple of days ago, where Jean was totally ignored. I suppose she is used to it by now but I just think it's incredibly rude to exclude her from the conversation as though she doesn't matter.

And I think it's very embarrassing for Timothy who has to be diplomatic with the media for the sake of his career but at the same time must feel badly for Jean.

I am ex-media, radio & television but still a semi-professional writer. It makes me cringe that everything a highly reputable musician or otherwise does is so highly scrutinised but worse than that, is subjected to such rudeness from the media. They take too many liberties.

BramwenR
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
I can't find the right thread the Ethan Russell link was in so I'm posting it here (feel free to move to the right one, mods)..I am very proud to say that Ethan published my article on Tim in his online adjunct to his book on American Story:

http://ethanrussell.com/americanstory/?p=5186

Now Tim has his place in Ethan's history book :D

And he deserves it!:inlove:

zeldabjr
06-27-2012, 07:11 PM
I can't find the right thread the Ethan Russell link was in so I'm posting it here (feel free to move to the right one, mods)..I am very proud to say that Ethan published my article on Tim in his online adjunct to his book on American Story:

http://ethanrussell.com/americanstory/?p=5186

Now Tim has his place in Ethan's history book :D

And he deserves it!:inlove:

Oh this is such wonderful news!! You know how I feel about your article...and hopefully sweet Timothy does too:wink:...and now even more people will read it...I love it!! so proud for you!!...How did this happen...want to hear...

SallyGee
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Congrats Bramwen. Such a great article. I hope all the people who read the article will take the time to check out Timothy's work and realize what we have known all along. It's time for Timothy to get the recognition he deserves.:thumbsup:

BramwenR
06-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Oh this is such wonderful news!! You know how I feel about your article...and hopefully sweet Timothy does too:wink:...and now even more people will read it...I love it!! so proud for you!!...How did this happen...want to hear...

Thanks Brenda! Yes, I do know..I'm humbled really because it's just something I do..and Tim was someone I connected with so easily :) I did inform him (before anyone else) that his article was published on Ethan's blog and I'm sure he'd be very pleased about that!!

It happened when I registered for Your Story and I submitted the article..I visited Ethan's Facebook page and he was very supportive..and indicated I should add more pics...so I added a new b & w one up the top..it was pending for about a week and this morning I discovered he'd published it.

So it would be nice for people to read about this lovely guy who has such a gift :applause:

BramwenR
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Congrats Bramwen. Such a great article. I hope all the people who read the article will take the time to check out Timothy's work and realize what we have known all along. It's time for Timothy to get the recognition he deserves.:thumbsup:

Thanks SG, I appreciate that. I really hope people will take the time too, there is too much noise in music these days and they need to acquire some better taste :nod:

He needs to be recognised in a book like this because it is global..and Ethan is such an icon and raconteur; not to mention a world class photographer :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
While on the subject of interviews and such, something's been niggling away at me over the last few weeks:

Has anybody else noticed how disrespectful some interviewers are to Timothy's wife?

I point out that red carpet interview with that brassy looking blonde in the red dress, who completely ignored Jean and she was left standing there like a shag on a rock. I could tell from Jean's expression exactly what she thought of her and rightly so.

I think if Timothy is gracious enough when he's out and about to give his time for an on-the-spot interview then the media person should at least have the good manners to acknowledge his wife.

Even if it's just a smile and a hello, how are you - and there was another one too I saw a couple of days ago, where Jean was totally ignored. I suppose she is used to it by now but I just think it's incredibly rude to exclude her from the conversation as though she doesn't matter.

And I think it's very embarrassing for Timothy who has to be diplomatic with the media for the sake of his career but at the same time must feel badly for Jean.

I am ex-media, radio & television but still a semi-professional writer. It makes me cringe that everything a highly reputable musician or otherwise does is so highly scrutinised but worse than that, is subjected to such rudeness from the media. They take too many liberties.
I have to say I have never seen any interviews where he is with his wife...where did you see these?...

BramwenR
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Brenda, this is one of them...watch Jean's expression closely..and watch Timothy's arm go protectively around her..I tend to be very observant with body language, it's just my thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01tSCqE_9Ik

..and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcxnAvu7MQ

I don't know, maybe I'm too sensitive.

Topkat
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
BramwenR, I have to disagree with you on this. I don't feel that this interviewer did anything wrong. She is there to interview Timothy, not his wife. I think Jean had a rather bored look on her face, but she was not disrespected in any way. I have seen Catherine Zeta Jones ignored on a red carpet when her husband Micheal Douglas was being interviewed & she didn't seem upset about it, and she is a huge star herself. A red carpet interview is usually very short & they are rushed to get to the next person on the carpet. I thought her questions to Timothy were relevant and interesting. If Jean was bored or just had appeared that way, well it was 2 minutes of her time. Is that too much to ask for? I'm sure after the camera stopped, she was acknowledged. Just because it wasn't shown on camera, doesn't mean she was dissed.

BramwenR
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Well, like I said TK - maybe I am too sensitive. This was my initial response.

I was not dissing the questions, that was not the point of my comment.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Jean shouldn't feel slighted, right or wrong all media types here do the same thing to all celebrities and their 'significant others'. To the point where a lot of 'significant others' move out of view of the cameras until the interview is done. I've never seen any of them ever acknowledge a spouse or 'other', but I won't say it's never been done.

Bramwen, I'm not saying you shouldn't be so sensitive or not think this is a problem. It's totally absurd to talk to anyone and so totally ignore someone who's right there as well. I'm just saying it wasn't personal, they're that rude to everyone.

BramwenR
06-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes I know, Verna..that's why I said she should probably be used to it by now. And I know it's not personal since the interviewer doesn't know the significant other.

The media are just as rude that way over here, some days though maybe the spouse just gets irritated by it.

timfan
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't see these videos as Jean being bored or annoyed in any way, she is definately shy.. I think she is just as happy to be left alone. In reality whether it's Timothy, any of the other Eagles or any star, the media wants to talk to the celebrity not their spouse and the spouses know that.

BramwenR
06-28-2012, 10:24 PM
We all see different things in body languauge, don't we.

As for the media being focussed on their spouse, I already said that. But vive la difference.

Victim of Love
06-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I think we've all seen this sort of thing many times over the years and unless the spouse is a celebrity in their own right (and even sometimes when they are), then tend to ignored. I've watched the red carpet interview in question here a number of times and the thing that always jumps out at me is that both Jean AND Timothy seem distracted by something or someone off-camera...and at one point the gal doing the interview is obviously aware of it (which I think is rather funny).

Eagles wives (and children) have been well-shielded from the public eye for the most part and I suspect it is as much by choice as it is their famous spouses/fathers doing their best to maintain privacy for all of them. Sharon Henley had her day in the spotlight as a model; Marjorie and Cindy Frey have their own projects they work on; Jean is a reputable artist in her own right around L.A. -- and I don't think any of them are interested in trading on the celebrity of their spouses. Just MHO...

BramwenR
06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I think we've all seen this sort of thing many times over the years and unless the spouse is a celebrity in their own right (and even sometimes when they are), then tend to ignored. I've watched the red carpet interview in question here a number of times and the thing that always jumps out at me is that both Jean AND Timothy seem distracted by something or someone off-camera...and at one point the gal doing the interview is obviously aware of it (which I think is rather funny).

Eagles wives (and children) have been well-shielded from the public eye for the most part and I suspect it is as much by choice as it is their famous spouses/fathers doing their best to maintain privacy for all of them. Sharon Henley had her day in the spotlight as a model; Marjorie and Cindy Frey have their own projects they work on; Jean is a reputable artist in her own right around L.A. -- and I don't think any of them are interested in trading on the celebrity of their spouses. Just MHO...

Sensitivity is the basis for all humble opinions ;)

justanotherfan
08-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Found a really cool interview with Timothy (it's 4 pages, so see it all)
Hope this link works:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-timothy-b-schmit-on-playing-with-the-eagles-solo-touring-513119

awesome interview thanks

luvthelighthouse
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Can't recall if I ever read that article from musicradar before, but I like it! He's so normal!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 10:06 PM
New date, but recycled stuff...

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/04/19/its-pretty-cool-after-cancer-scare-timothy-b-schmit-is-thrilled-to-return-to-the-road-with-eagles/

zeldabjr
04-19-2013, 11:05 PM
New date, but recycled stuff...

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/04/19/its-pretty-cool-after-cancer-scare-timothy-b-schmit-is-thrilled-to-return-to-the-road-with-eagles/

oh makes me feel good...and I love "honey-voiced bassist"...:heart:

Victim of Love
05-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Interesting ... but somehow I think HE would beg to differ.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/timothy-b-schmit/highest-paid.html

(If anyone finds info about ANY of these so-called TBS lines, let us know because I've searched the web and have come up empty so far!!! And I REALLY want to find a bottle of 'With Love From Timothy B' and some Pure WonderSchmit!)

As I read this article I kept glancing at the calender thinking it was April 1st again.

BY THE WAY...THERE IS AN INSERT RIGHT AFTER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THE STORY: "UPDATE 06/05/2013 : This story seems to be false. (read more) (http://en.mediamass.net/blog/mediamass-project)". LOL, Ladies!

Gotta love "MEDIAMASS"...always good for a laugh. They've got TBS news posted here that will have you rolling on the floor.

TimothyBFan
05-06-2013, 10:05 AM
How is that article even funny? When I read it, I thought WTH? WHY would anyone write such garbage? Ridiculous!!! But maybe it's just me.

The fact that they added the "update" about it being false means that they must have gotten some complaints or something. Not quite sure what the purpose of writing it may have been in the first place. :shrug:

Victim of Love
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I totally agree, TBS! But if you think THIS one is b-s, read some of the other side stories. He supposedly just got married (I wonder if Jean knows); his dog had major surgery in Washington (did he move?)...it goes on and on. While there MAY be someone with the same name in Washington and those things MAY be true of whoever it is, I hate that they are using Timothy's image and getting away with it. Those of us who follow the band know better and I think the things folks get away with on the web is outrageous.

Victim of Love
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
FYI, the original post on my FB page has disappeared. Mysterious!

sodascouts
05-06-2013, 03:13 PM
This site considers itself to be along the lines of The Onion - parody. The only problem is they recycle the same joke stories and just replace one name with another. LAME!

zeldabjr
05-06-2013, 08:40 PM
it's stupid! and not funny either...?

Topkat
05-06-2013, 10:00 PM
I like the Sexiest Musician Alive headline!:thumbsup: That I can agree with

MaryCalifornia
05-12-2013, 10:36 PM
To this lady I say, "Welcome to the club, Lady!"

http://skirt.com/great-days/blog/timothy-b-schmit

zeldabjr
05-12-2013, 10:58 PM
To this lady I say, "Welcome to the club, Lady!"

http://skirt.com/great-days/blog/timothy-b-schmit

OMG...that is priceless...I like the list she and her husband have...actually it might make a good thread...and Mr. Schmit would be #1 on my list...and #2...and #3...#4...and #5!!!

TimothyBFan
05-13-2013, 08:49 AM
If you ask my husband, he will verify this.... Before we were married, I told him the only way I'd ever not marry him or leave him is if Timothy B Schmit asked me to. That was 25 years ago, and we're still married and I'm still waiting. :hilarious:

Topkat
05-13-2013, 09:01 AM
TBF you are too funny!:hilarious:

cricrichan
05-15-2013, 05:36 AM
OMG...that is priceless...I like the list she and her husband have...actually it might make a good thread...and
Mr. Schmit would be #1 on my list...and #2...and #3...#4...and #5!!!

I've just read the blog post :) ... Zelda, I totally agree with your list from #1 to #5 :thumbsup: And what can I say about the comment you added to that post? There's something magic in every word you wrote ... you always have the power to say lovely things about Timothy! Every single word you said in your comment has really touched my heart and my soul!

cricrichan
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
If you ask my husband, he will verify this.... Before we were married, I told him the only way I'd ever not marry him or leave him is if Timothy B Schmit asked me to. That was 25 years ago, and we're still married and I'm still waiting. :hilarious:

Hahaha! So funny! But never say never TBF ... ;)

Dyan61
05-15-2013, 05:44 PM
LOL I've never married, was waiting for Carl Wilson but then he passed away :weep: so now I'm waiting on Timothy and have been for the last 12 years (with apologies to his wife for lusting after her husband :heybaby:) That programme she mentions I think is screening here in NZ next week..it's listed as Prime Rocks-History of the Eagles, I can't wait, I've told my son he isn't allowed to speak to me for the hour and a half it's on lol!

cricrichan
05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
LOL I've never married, was waiting for Carl Wilson but then he passed away :weep: so now I'm waiting on Timothy and have been for the last 12 years (with apologies to his wife for lusting after her husband :heybaby:) That programme she mentions I think is screening here in NZ next week..it's listed as Prime Rocks-History of the Eagles, I can't wait, I've told my son he isn't allowed to speak to me for the hour and a half it's on lol!

LOL :D Hope you'll enjoy the programme Dyan!

Troubadour
05-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Just found this (http://skipdemuth.com/2011/11/19/latest-news-from-the-timothy-b-schmit-solo-tour-plus-skip-in-hollywood/) write-up with a couple of sweet pictures.

MaryCalifornia
05-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks, Troubador. That is so cool. The prior entry in his blog explains his wife's relationship to Jean (they grew up together on the Main Line), and how he came to end up staying with the Schmits in LA, but I couldn't access it from this post, will have to do a search. So cool.

TimothyBFan
05-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Good find, Lou!! Thanks!

sad-cafe
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
http://en.mediamass.net/people/timothy-b-schmit/dogrecovery.html

Timothy B's puppy had surgery yesterday and seems like it was really scary

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I think someone likes to have fun with our Timothy...lol

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 11:39 PM
"Mediamass" is a fake news site like "The Onion." Just FYI!

Topkat
06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Yes, Timothy hasn't tweeted since April!LOL

TimothyBFan
06-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Is Mediamass getting on anyone else's nerves with this Timothy stuff? :hilarious: Geesh!!!!

Prettymaid
06-10-2013, 08:02 AM
I didn't even think it was funny. (If that's their goal.)

sad-cafe
06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
I am so sorry. I had no idea it was fake.

geesh I have a lot to learn.

Topkat
06-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes, it is totally getting on my nerves!
:eyebrow:

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Is Mediamass getting on anyone else's nerves with this Timothy stuff? :hilarious: Geesh!!!!

yeah...I think someone's obsessed with him...can't imagine how that could happen...geesh...:wink:

sad-cafe
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I know I am!

:)

spend a few hours yesterday looking up things about Timothy B.

Mostly the same stuff, he doesn't seem to generate a lot of media coverage.

secret squirrel
07-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok - here's where I should have posted my blog. Sorry I didn't notice this thread ...

SS
xx
New Timothy fan

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/schmitten-part-one-flow-of-energy-was.html

sodascouts
07-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Thanks SS!

secret squirrel
07-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Lovely poem about Tim:

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/timothy-b-schmit-and-the-eagles/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/schmitten-part-one-flow-of-energy-was.html

SallyGee
07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
That was beautiful. Did you write that SS?

07-31-2013, 08:42 PM
That was lovely! :thumbsup:

Topkat
07-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice poem about Tim...
Thanks for posting

secret squirrel
08-01-2013, 11:56 AM
That was beautiful. Did you write that SS?

No - it's by someone I know. Glad you liked it.

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Good find, Lou!! Thanks!

Oooh, TBF I like your avatar! That is niiiiiice...

Despite seeing video of Joe's and Glenn's comments at the press conference, I couldn't find a recording or transcript of what Timothy said!! Did anybody see anything? Since he's the only member of the band who resides full time in LA, and has lived in the same house in LA for over 30 years, seems to me he would have a unique perspective on the Forum.

Freypower
08-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Despite seeing video of Joe's and Glenn's comments at the press conference, I couldn't find a recording or transcript of what Timothy said!! Did anybody see anything? Since he's the only member of the band who resides full time in LA, and has lived in the same house in LA for over 30 years, seems to me he would have a unique perspective on the Forum.

I thought Joe lived in LA full time?

MaryCalifornia
08-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Could be, but I thought someone on here recently said he lives in Memphis or Nashville or somewhere - I know he's from Cleveland, but I thought I recently read he currently resides in the mid-west somewhere. I'm sure they all have houses in LA. Someone on here will know about Joe...

Freypower
08-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Could be, but I thought someone on here recently said he lives in Memphis or Nashville or somewhere - I know he's from Cleveland, but I thought I recently read he currently resides in the mid-west somewhere. I'm sure they all have houses in LA. Someone on here will know about Joe...

As far as I am aware Joe lives in LA. He lived in Memphis for a while back in thee 80s I think. As for Don Henley, I don't know if he has a house in LA now. I am happy to be corrected.

Topkat
08-05-2013, 07:56 PM

I thought he was from New Jersey! That's what I read somewhere:eyebrow:
I also think at one of the concerts, they said Joe was from New Jersey.
He went to school in Ohio, but I don't think he was from Cleveland.
I think he lives in LA now full time, except for when he's at one of his other homes, wherever they are?

Freypower
08-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I thought he was from New Jersey! That's what I read somewhere:eyebrow:
I also think at one of the concerts, they said Joe was from New Jersey.
He went to school in Ohio, but I don't think he was from Cleveland.
I think he lives in LA now full time, except for when he's at one of his other homes, wherever they are?

He was born in Wichita, Kansas. He grew up in New Jersey & then moved to Ohio when he briefly went to Kent State University. He identifies as being from Cleveland but when Glenn introduces him at shows, he refers to him as being from New Jersey.

I have absolutely no idea where Joe's other homes are or even if he has any apart from his home in LA.

Prettymaid
08-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Several states try to claim him. Can you blame them? ;-)

MaryCalifornia
08-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you all for the clarification!!

sodascouts
08-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Joe and Marjorie live in the LA area full time now, although they have at least one other home. The same goes for Glenn's fam. Randy also lives there with his wife, although obviously he wouldn't attend the press conference regardless.

Bernie is the one who lives in Nashville; Don lives outside of Dallas.

Side note: No idea where Felder lives, but I'd lay odds on California for him as well.

zeldabjr
08-06-2013, 12:12 AM

didn't realize Timothy has lived in the same home for over thirty years...wow!

TimothyBFan
08-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Thank you. I think so also!! :thumbsup:

Several states try to claim him. Can you blame them? :wink:

:hilarious: Very true!

secret squirrel
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM

This is all I've found:
'At the moment, they're focusing on a tour that Schmit says will run well into next year.'

(from http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-eagles-set-to-reopen-the-forum-in-l-a-20130731)

Has someone posted a video of the press conference? Can anyone direct me? I've only seen a photo.

Cheers
SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Hubby and I were watching an episode of the Simpsons last night with the kids (who are too young to be watching the Simpsons). On the kitchen table, Marge had stacked up a bunch of old-timey newspapers for Lisa to use for a school project. As she handed the top newspaper to Lisa, you just got a quick glimpse of the headline which read, "40 Trampled at Poco Concert." !!! I thought my eyes were deceiving me, so I googled it and found that I had read it correctly! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Sweet_Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

I know this isn't really TBS news, and might be more appropriate for Things That Remind You of the Eagles, but I wanted to put it here. We need some action over here.

How cool is it that a Simpsons writer chose that for the headline??!! Must be a fan...

sodascouts
08-18-2013, 01:34 AM
lol! that's a hoot! I guess they rushed the stage during "Keep on Tryin'!"

secret squirrel
08-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Have just posted Part Two of my Schmitten blog.

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/schmitten-part-two-sweet-talking-guy_25.html

Hope you find time to read.

SS
xx

SallyGee
08-26-2013, 08:26 PM
SS Once again you did an amazing job. I can't wait to read your next one.

sodascouts
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Very well written - and thanks for the link to TBSO!

Dyan61
08-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks SS, this was an awesome read and a lovely insight into Timothy's nature....here's my favourite part:

'But only to note his lead vocals would not fully cover his contribution to the band – the harmonies, the solid bass rhythm, his personable and peaceful presence, spreading ripples of good humour and calm across stage and studio. Well, I feel it when I watch him.'

I feel that coming off him as well, even just watching him on a small screen, you write beautifully!

MaryCalifornia
08-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Love it, SS! I posted a comment on your blog!!

secret squirrel
08-27-2013, 10:37 AM
SS Once again you did an amazing job. I can't wait to read your next one.

Thanks, SallyGee. Glad you enjoyed it.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/schmitten-part-two-sweet-talking-guy_25.html

secret squirrel
08-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Very well written - and thanks for the link to TBSO!

Thanks, Soda. TBSO is a fantastic resource for any TBS fan!

SS
xx

secret squirrel
08-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Love it, SS! I posted a comment on your blog!!

Thanks, MaryC. Comments always appreciated. Thought that's what 'gakked up' meant.

SS
xx

08-27-2013, 12:55 PM
ss - I agree you did a very nice job with those write-ups and I enjoyed reading your thoughts. You are a really good writer.

secret squirrel
08-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks SS, this was an awesome read and a lovely insight into Timothy's nature....here's my favourite part:

'But only to note his lead vocals would not fully cover his contribution to the band – the harmonies, the solid bass rhythm, his personable and peaceful presence, spreading ripples of good humour and calm across stage and studio. Well, I feel it when I watch him.'

I feel that coming off him as well, even just watching him on a small screen, you write beautifully!

Thanks so much, Dyan. Really appreciate it.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
08-27-2013, 04:35 PM
ss - I agree you did a very nice job with those write-ups and I enjoyed reading your thoughts. You are a really good writer.

cheers, dreamer. glad you liked it.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
08-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Don't know whether this has been posted. An interview with Rusty Young about Poco, mentions Timothy but not very much.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=806739

SS
xx

SallyGee
08-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting SS. I look forward to Rusty's book. Richie wrote books about his time in Buffalo Springfield and Poco. They were good. I wish Timothy would write a book!

MaryCalifornia
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Me too, Sally Gee! He doesn't seem like the type to write a biography, though. I have been thinking about some questions I would like to ask Timothy, mainly having to do with his transition into the Eagles and what that time in his life was like for him...how long did it take him to learn all of their songs, was it ever contemplated that he would sing TITTL, how did his and his family's life change, what was it like when ICTYW came out and was a hit...etc...I can't imagine what it would have been like for a sensitive soul like Timothy to join the biggest band in the world and come into Don and Glenn's world. I think we should compile a list of questions and send them to Julie Freeman and ask her to forward them to him. We can tell him that if he intends to write the book, he doesn't need to answer them!

secret squirrel
08-30-2013, 01:07 PM
I agree. Timothy doesn't seem the type to write a book but you never know. He's quite open in interviews though so you can glean quite a lot about when he joined the Eagles from them. Being a latecomer I've been looking at some of the old ones and they shed some light. Here's one from 2011:

http://oregonmusicnews.com/2011/12/08/timothy-b-schmit-tales-of-poco-the-eagles-and-a-life-on-the-charts/

He comes across as non-egotistical but confident and self-possessed. I can just hear him saying those things.

SS
xx

SallyGee
08-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Maybe we should just interview him and we'll write the book! But we will have to spend a lot of time up close and personal. I think I could handle that . Who's with me?

secret squirrel
08-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm there!

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ng-guy_25.html (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/schmitten-part-two-sweet-talking-guy_25.html)

MaryCalifornia
08-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Oh I am there!

MaryCalifornia
09-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Alert, Alert - TopKat - TBS in the NYC!!!!!!

http://observer.com/2013/09/eagles-perch-timothy-b-schmit-buys-3-2-m-lincoln-square-condo/

Too funny, note the date of the establishment of his trust - May, 1994...they had to get it set up for the $$$$ to come rolling in!!

Edit: I just noticed the caption under Timothy's photo. This writer is a clown!

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Cool!

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe they'll all crash there after their NY shows. :hilarious:

zeldabjr
09-07-2013, 08:56 PM
dang!!! what was that address???...lol

Dyan61
09-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Maybe we should just interview him and we'll write the book! But we will have to spend a lot of time up close and personal. I think I could handle that . Who's with me?

Pick me Pick me!!!! :drool:

secret squirrel
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Pick me Pick me!!!! :drool:

Count me in! I'm sure I can clear my calendar ...

And I've taken note of the address but according to a couple of blogs, he also has digs in Santa Monica and Hawaii (is that true?) so anyone planning to accidentally bump into him would have to be pretty lucky (and that's not me).

SS
xx

Victim of Love
09-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Alert, Alert - TopKat - TBS in the NYC!!!!!!

http://observer.com/2013/09/eagles-perch-timothy-b-schmit-buys-3-2-m-lincoln-square-condo/

Too funny, note the date of the establishment of his trust - May, 1994...they had to get it set up for the $$$$ to come rolling in!!

Edit: I just noticed the caption under Timothy's photo. This writer is a clown!

If I'm not mistaken, the Trust was set up when he and Jean bought their current home in Calabasas, after his bankruptcy and quite possibly to protect the property from future financial issues.

Victim of Love
09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Maybe they'll all crash there after their NY shows. :hilarious:

THAT would be a sight...all of the guys and spouses in a 2 bed-2.5 bath condo! If they need someone to clean up after them, I'm on the job!

MaryCalifornia
09-08-2013, 02:30 PM
dang!!! what was that address???...lol

It's between 66th and 67th - one block from Central Park! There must be a Starbucks nearby where we can hang out and wait to get an eyeful of our boy from afar!

MaryCalifornia
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Count me in! I'm sure I can clear my calendar ...

And I've taken note of the address but according to a couple of blogs, he also has digs in Santa Monica and Hawaii (is that true?) so anyone planning to accidentally bump into him would have to be pretty lucky (and that's not me).

SS
xx

His main house is in the Santa Monica mountains and is half way between Malibu and Calabasas. The address is Calabasas. The Hawaii house is in Kauai.

Unfortunately, there is no way you could accidentally bump into him in either of these remote locations...you would definitely be ID'd as an adoring fan pretty quickly. Best to stick with hotel lobbies on Eagles tours or outside of small venues after his solo shows - when he has security with him and is expecting to see some fans!!

Topkat
09-08-2013, 02:49 PM
The address is on the upper west side. Yes, I can see him wandering around over there, but my chances of running into him are probably zero!
Many big stars wander around the streets of NY barely recognized, but I would know that guy a mile away! The bad part is that I am rarely in that neighborhood...:cry::cry:

zeldabjr
09-08-2013, 03:05 PM
It's between 66th and 67th - one block from Central Park! There must be a Starbucks nearby where we can hang out and wait to get an eyeful of our boy from afar!

Is there a Jamba Juice nearby???..lol

Prettymaid
09-08-2013, 03:53 PM
THAT would be a sight...all of the guys and spouses in a 2 bed-2.5 bath condo! If they need someone to clean up after them, I'm on the job!

I'm picturing them all sprawled out on the living room floor with blankets! Lol!

sad-cafe
09-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I bet it is fantastic

Topkat
09-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm picturing them all sprawled out on the living room floor with blankets! Lol!

I think that's not likely to happen!:headscratch:

secret squirrel
09-10-2013, 10:46 AM
The address is on the upper west side. Yes, I can see him wandering around over there, but my chances of running into him are probably zero!
Many big stars wander around the streets of NY barely recognized, but I would know that guy a mile away! The bad part is that I am rarely in that neighborhood...:cry::cry:

Normally I'm rubbish at recognising people and it's not till a friend says, 'Did you see so and so?' that I realise I've missed someone but he is pretty distinctive. Or pretty and distinctive. I think even I would find it hard to miss him.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
His main house is in the Santa Monica mountains and is half way between Malibu and Calabasas. The address is Calabasas. The Hawaii house is in Kauai.

Unfortunately, there is no way you could accidentally bump into him in either of these remote locations...you would definitely be ID'd as an adoring fan pretty quickly. Best to stick with hotel lobbies on Eagles tours or outside of small venues after his solo shows - when he has security with him and is expecting to see some fans!!

I can see you've done your homework, MC. I probably wouldn't be ID'd as a fan because if I saw him, I'd be way too shy to go anywhere near him.

SS
xx

TimothyBFan
09-11-2013, 08:06 AM

:rofl: I really need to stop taking drinks when I'm reading-- I just spit my pop out when I read that. And can you imagine them trying to get off the floor after sleeping there all night the next morning? :woah:

secret squirrel
09-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Bashful waxes lyrical in TBS blog:

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/bad-timing-with-the-eagles/

SS
xx

secret squirrel
09-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Here’s my new blog on TBS and Poco. Naturally it mentions the Eagles too. Hope you enjoy ... if you find time to read it.

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

sodascouts
09-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Well done, as usual, SS!

SilverMoon
09-22-2013, 01:58 AM
I enjoy reading your blog, SS!
I love Poco! It’s a shame that they didn’t have the success they deserved. I think it’s cool that Justin Hayward likes them!
Here is a transcript of a radio interview in which he talks about Poco. I don’t know if it’s the one you were referring to on your blog.

http://paulharrisonline.blogspot.it/1996/04/justin-hayward-of-moody-blues.html

Harris: And hope people will buy it. Justin, you've been with the Moody Blues so long and you've done a lot of solo stuff. Is there another rock and roll band you wish you could have been in, if you couldn't have been with the Moody Blues?

Hayward: When we first came to America, I think we first came there in 1968, we were very lucky to be one of the few English bands that really made it. I know I used to love playing with all of those bands. We did a tour with a group called It's A Beautiful Day. They were just so great. But then also a year or so after that we did a tour with some of our heroes which were in a group called Poco. They influenced us right from the Buffalo Springfield times, the guys who came out of Buffalo Springfield and into Poco. I think I'd like to be with them. I'd like to have played with them.

secret squirrel
09-23-2013, 12:08 PM
I enjoy reading your blog, SS!
I love Poco! It’s a shame that they didn’t have the success they deserved. I think it’s cool that Justin Hayward likes them!
Here is a transcript of a radio interview in which he talks about Poco. I don’t know if it’s the one you were referring to on your blog.

http://paulharrisonline.blogspot.it/1996/04/justin-hayward-of-moody-blues.html

Thanks, SM. I haven't read that one yet but will check out the link. He must often mention them which I think is cool of him.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
And here's another TBS poem from Bashful.

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/timothy-b-schmit-and-the-eagles-part-2/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html)

MaryCalifornia
10-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I am trying to get Randy Lewis, the main music critic/columnist for the LA Times, to write a feature on Timothy just prior to the LA shows, specifically regarding his role in the Eagles, holding his own against the other three Eagles, everyone he has worked with in the LA music scene over the years, and living in LA since he was 21. I told him he will have all of the Poco fans coming out of the woodwork with positive response. He hasn't replied.

SallyGee
10-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I would love to read that. And I think you're right about Poco fans. Good luck with that. Let us know what happens. MC

Cheyenne
10-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Hey ladies, have any of you read Pickin' up the Pieces by Richie Furay?

secret squirrel
10-16-2013, 12:46 PM

No. Will look out for it. Is it good?

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
10-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Does he spend much time on Tim?

And, welcome!

MaryCalifornia
10-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Can someone explain where the "ribbon on the package" quote referring to Timothy originated? I hear it from time to time, but don't know its source. Who said it in what context? Thanks!

SallyGee
10-16-2013, 01:11 PM

I have read it. I enjoyed it. Timothy's time in Poco was covered.

Freypower
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Can someone explain where the "ribbon on the package" quote referring to Timothy originated? I hear it from time to time, but don't know its source. Who said it in what context? Thanks!

Glenn has been known to use the phrase about Tim.

Please don't get upset, but he also used the same phrase about Randy.

sodascouts
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
The logic is that a ribbon goes both above and below what it wraps, completing it with a flourish. Similarly, Tim and Randy have voices that soar above while their instruments run below and complete the Eagles with a flourish. I think it's an apt analogy and a very nice compliment.

Prettymaid
10-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks for asking, MC. I always wondered that, too. And thanks for the explanation, Soda. Did it come from an interview then?

sodascouts
10-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes. Glenn has been using that analogy since the 70s. I think the oldest magazine I have with it is a 1974 issue of Crawdaddy (obviously referring to Randy then).

Cheyenne
10-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks ladies :)

I'm not sure how much is about Tim, I was trying to suss out out before I ordered haha

MaryCalifornia
10-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Yes. Glenn has been using that analogy since the 70s. I think the oldest magazine I have with it is a 1974 issue of Crawdaddy (obviously referring to Randy then).

Awww, that makes sense. So cute - top and bottom, got it. I always thought it was like the "icing on the cake" or "cherry on top", because Randy and Tim were sort of, you know, ...chick magnets, in addition to being good musicians. All of the guys are chick magnets, but you know what I mean. This explanation is more complimentary on a professional level.

sad-cafe
10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
the perfect package. He plays it low, sings it high :love:

zeldabjr
10-17-2013, 10:45 PM
dang...I really love your new avi SC...lol!

secret squirrel
10-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Does he spend much time on Tim?

And, welcome!

Let's cut to the chase!

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
10-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Seriously! Of course!

secret squirrel
10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Is that a new avatar, MC?

Yum.

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Yes, I just made it this morning and was going to ask what all of the ladies (and gentlemen lurkers in the Timmy Sexiness thread) think?! I'm digging it.

sad-cafe
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, I just made it this morning and was going to ask what all of the ladies (and gentlemen lurkers in the Timmy Sexiness thread) think?! I'm digging it.

LOVE IT

Freypower
10-21-2013, 06:17 PM

Well, I like it a lot. I think it's one of the best recent photos of him.

(If you look at my profile page, you can see my version of this avatar, which I will be using next week).

10-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I love it too, MC.

... and I might add that s-c's av is pretty HS&G as well! :nod:

MaryCalifornia
10-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, I like it a lot. I think it's one of the best recent photos of him.

(If you look at my profile page, you can see my version of this avatar, which I will be using next week).

Just looked at it - too cute.

sad-cafe
10-21-2013, 09:22 PM
I love it too, MC.

... and I might add that s-c's av is pretty HS&G as well! :nod:

Thank you! Z made it and I love it!

of course, there is not a bad picture of Mr. Timothy B ever!

zeldabjr
10-22-2013, 12:03 AM
MC...love love love the new avatar!!!...it's a great picture!!!...and I'm really loving the new one I made for SC...dang he's hot!!!

sad-cafe
10-22-2013, 12:05 AM
MC...love love love the new avatar!!!...it's a great picture!!!...and I'm really loving the new one I made for SC...dang he's hot!!!

yes he is. Thanks again.

secret squirrel
10-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Saw this:

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/10/26/we-did-all-of-their-songs-the-eagles-timothy-b-schmit-on-impact-of-the-kingston-trio/

and it has links to other articles. Very busy with work so haven't had a chance to read it yet. Isn't it maddening when work gets in the way of Eagles-related pursuits?

SS
xx

Cheyenne
10-31-2013, 06:39 AM
So I've finished reading Pickin Up the Pieces and there were a few things that intrigued me
Rusty Young didn't like Timothy at least not when he first joined Poco
Richie doesn't mention that he named his daughter after Timothy
And lastly I wondered whether Timothy ever cheated on his wife as Richie dis

secret squirrel
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
So I've finished reading Pickin Up the Pieces and there were a few things that intrigued me
Rusty Young didn't like Timothy at least not when he first joined Poco
Richie doesn't mention that he named his daughter after Timothy
And lastly I wondered whether Timothy ever cheated on his wife as Richie dis

Does he mention why Rusty didn't like Timothy? And how do you call a daughter after Timothy? Interesting.

As to your last question, can't really speculate. Perhaps Rusty's book will enlighten us. I mean, the young TBS looks pure as the driven snow and sounds as sweet as molasses but is also the guy Irving calls 'smashed out of his head and all gakked up' ...

SS
xx

Cheyenne
11-01-2013, 08:14 AM
The book says that Rusty questioned his musicianship and even went as far as not sitting in a seat if it was next to Timothy.

Richie named his daughter Timmy Sue, I ready somewhere she was named after Timothy.

There is a part in the book where Richie tells that he flew in everyone's wives to a show as a surprise but it didn't go down well with the band.

TimothyBFan
11-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, I must say, I'm intrigued so I just ordered Richie's book also. I hope we get some more detail. I'd like to hear some of this about Rusty and why the whole wives being flown in didn't go over very well.

secret squirrel
11-01-2013, 11:59 AM
The book says that Rusty questioned his musicianship and even went as far as not sitting in a seat if it was next to Timothy.

Richie named his daughter Timmy Sue, I ready somewhere she was named after Timothy.

There is a part in the book where Richie tells that he flew in everyone's wives to a show as a surprise but it didn't go down well with the band.

Interesting. I may order the book too.

SS
xx

Roxy's Eyes
11-02-2013, 09:51 AM
I have also read Pickin’ Up the Pieces. Not as much about TBS as I would have liked but what there was from Richie Furay, was positive. It was also a fascinating read aside from that.

I’ve got the paper back published, I think in 2006, which also has a positive comment from Timothy at the front.

sad-cafe
11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't see how anyone can NOT like Sweet Timothy B

secret squirrel
11-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I have also read Pickin’ Up the Pieces. Not as much about TBS as I would have liked but what there was from Richie Furay, was positive. It was also a fascinating read aside from that.

I’ve got the paper back published, I think in 2006, which also has a positive comment from Timothy at the front.

Seems weird that Richie should like him so much and Rusty not. I know it seems hard for us as fans to imagine anyone disliking him, especially as these days he seems to project such a gentle and pacific air but maybe he wasn't like that when he was really young. Oh I want to know.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM

Will check it out. RF and TBS are still good friends but if there was friction between RY and TBS, it might explain why it took so long for him to be involved in a Poco reunion (aside from Eagles commitments).

SS
xx

bashful badger
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I've posted a blog about the Travis Tritt ‘Take It Easy’ video. More specifically, about that incarnation of Timothy B. if anyone interested. Unluckily, for some reason my video link’s not embedding properly when that's what the post’s about. Typical of my so-called life.

Here's where it's at -

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/how-travis-tritt-helped-hell-freeze-over/

Cheyenne
11-07-2013, 07:00 PM

I'm currently holidaying in Kauai which got me thinking about where Timothy B's house is.... I went for a drive to Hanalei this morning, I know that's where I'd be living if I was him haha

MaryCalifornia
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Very nice, Cheyenne! My brother just got back from staying in Hanalei Bay. Unfortunately, this is one time we can be sure TBS is not in residence. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Roxy's Eyes
11-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I've posted a blog about the Travis Tritt ‘Take It Easy’ video. More specifically, about that incarnation of Timothy B. if anyone interested. Unluckily, for some reason my video link’s not embedding properly when that's what the post’s about. Typical of my so-called life.

Here's where it's at -

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/how-travis-tritt-helped-hell-freeze-over/

A belated welcome from another newcomer, with similar interests. Loved reading the blog. It definitely brightened my day.

A prefer a clean shaven Timothy but totally agree with what you said about what he was wearing.

bashful badger
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Roxy's. I thought I favoured a clean shaven Tim myself but am prepared to make an exception in this instance as he looks so damned fine.

SallyGee
11-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Roxy's. I thought I favoured a clean shaven Tim myself but am prepared to make an exception in this instance as he looks so damned fine.

Welcome BB. I enjoyed your blog. I agree that I thought I preferred clean shaven Timothy, but he looks really sexy in that video. I just love that man, clean shaven, unshaven, clothed, unclothed Oops!:oops::blush:

secret squirrel
11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
This lot can't decide whether they like Tim or not I think:

http://samepageteam.com/tag/timothy-b-schmit/

Some of it's amusing but haven't read the whole thing yet.

SS
xx

MaryCalifornia
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
They definitely like Timmy B!! Only praise for him.

OK - this made me laugh out loud: "THIS is the white people clapping apocalypse. Dear god, look at them go."

Interesting that this is the only reference to the phantom mandolin I've seen since the very first shows. Is it a backing track? Is it someone playing live backstage?

"Schmiiiiiitt!" Ha.

deb828
11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Enjoyed your blog and the video. Agree he looks fine!!!!!!

zeldabjr
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM
loved your blog BB...and totally agree with SG too...:heart::blush:

bashful badger
11-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks, Zelda, Deb, Sally. As for clothed/unclothed, half-clothed is also a good look for Timmy. Let's face it, we'll take him any which way.

zeldabjr
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
yepper...any way, any how, anywhere!!!:grin::nod::smitten::blush:

sad-cafe
11-18-2013, 09:34 PM
yepper...any way, any how, anywhere!!!:grin::nod::smitten::blush:

any age, any time!

Cheyenne
11-21-2013, 06:23 AM
I found this online and thought it was a bit cute

"She's not particularly impressed, in general," he said. "The first night I met her, I asked her if she wanted to hear some music. She said, 'Sure.' She thought I was going to play her some tapes or something. Well, I picked up the guitar and started singing. She was so unimpressed, which completely attracted me."

secret squirrel
11-21-2013, 10:44 AM
I found this online and thought it was a bit cute

"She's not particularly impressed, in general," he said. "The first night I met her, I asked her if she wanted to hear some music. She said, 'Sure.' She thought I was going to play her some tapes or something. Well, I picked up the guitar and started singing. She was so unimpressed, which completely attracted me."

Yes, I've read that quote too. You'd think she'd be charmed rather than unimpressed ...

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/poco-versus-eagles-to-every-thing-there.html

MaryCalifornia
11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I have often thought about how she stayed with him during those 14 years when he was "hustling" to make ends meet. Could not have been easy for them. Especially when you start dating someone and they're in THE EAGLES, with everything that lifestyle entails, and then they're NOT. For many, many years. Yet, he still has to go out on the road with other random bands (Jimmy Buffet, etc...), but still struggling financially. Very stressful. She must have had hope and faith that some day, his hard work pay off for them. They have a strong bond. And, it has paid off!!! Yay!

secret squirrel
11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I have often thought about how she stayed with him during those 14 years when he was "hustling" to make ends meet. Could not have been easy for them. Especially when you start dating someone and they're in THE EAGLES, with everything that lifestyle entails, and then they're NOT. For many, many years. Yet, he still has to go out on the road with other random bands (Jimmy Buffet, etc...), but still struggling financially. Very stressful. She must have had hope and faith that some day, his hard work pay off for them. They have a strong bond. And, it has paid off!!! Yay!

Oh I always thought this quote was about Noreen rather than Jean? Am I wrong?

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/poco-versus-eagles-to-every-thing-there.html

11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
I was confused about who it was talking about when I read Cheyenne's post. Then, after reading some of your comments, I assumed the reference was to Jean. If that's the case, then ITA with your comments, MC. It gives me the warm fuzzies when I read about a couple that has such a lasting, enduring, and loving relationship like Tim and Jean. :partytime:

MaryCalifornia
11-21-2013, 04:18 PM
That comment refers to Jean, not Noreen. I have never heard or read any comment from Timothy re: his first wife.

Prettymaid
11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Knowing nothing about Jean except for what Timothy said about her at his solo show while introducing Ella Jean, I get the impression that Jean is very much her own woman with her own career as an artist. I don't know if that was always the case, but for some reason I always get the feeling that Timothy...how should I put this...Timothy 'needs' Jean more than Jean needs Timothy. Does anybody else get that impression? I'm not trying to imply that they are not happy or not in love, but that she is a strong woman who does not necessarily rely on him for everything.

MaryCalifornia
11-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Definitely agree agree with everything you said PM. I get the same sense.

Woodstock
11-22-2013, 03:25 AM
I've always had that impression too. Just from little things and bits I've heard him mention over the years. It seems like in a marriage there is always one that loves more....not that that is a bad thing, it's just how it is...at least in my opinion. But they've been married a long time, I'm sure they both bring something to the marriage that the other appreciates/needs. I'm just glad that she seems to make him so happy.

zeldabjr
11-22-2013, 05:04 AM
I have to say I've never had that feeling about them at all...

secret squirrel
11-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Knowing nothing about Jean except for what Timothy said about her at his solo show while introducing Ella Jean, I get the impression that Jean is very much her own woman with her own career as an artist. I don't know if that was always the case, but for some reason I always get the feeling that Timothy...how should I put this...Timothy 'needs' Jean more than Jean needs Timothy. Does anybody else get that impression? I'm not trying to imply that they are not happy or not in love, but that she is a strong woman who does not necessarily rely on him for everything.

I know where you're coming from. Songs like Ella Jean show how he feels about her but we don't have her side of the story. Maybe he’s more emotional than her. She seems like an independent character.

SS
xx

SilverMoon
12-02-2013, 03:58 AM
I never got that impression. Timothy and Jean seem like a tight-knit couple. I’ve read comments from people who know or have known them and they all say that Timothy and Jean are both very sweet and nice people.

Here’s a red carpet interview with Timothy from the 2009 Grammy Awards. Jean is with Timothy during the interview. She looks like she really adores him.

http://www.billboard.com/video/timothy-b-schmit-grammys-2009-red-carpet-470989

zeldabjr
12-02-2013, 10:49 AM
thanks SM for posting that interview...he's so darn cute!!!...I could listen to him talk all day...

MaryCalifornia
12-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Oh I don't think PM was in any way trying to say they aren't a tight knit couple. As stated above, I do understand her perception, and I think it evolves from the fact that we only hear Timothy speak of Jean, we never hear her speak of him. When he has spoken of her, he tends to frame the relationship as one where he is trying to impress her, or he misses her so much. She goes off to Hawaii on her own for weeks at a time, and is supposed to come back, and doesn't return as scheduled because she's working. He is forthcoming about his dependence on her and his love for her, and we just don't get the same inputs from her (obviously, as nobody is interviewing her.) He is open about his vulnerabilities. When you take the bits and pieces of multiple interviews when he speaks of her, and compile them, you are left with the impression of "He needs her! He's smitten!," which is sweet, because he's the rock star who is always on the road. And there are other little, subconscious things, like in HFO, he is nervous and she is hugging him right before the show - he's the one who has his wife with him. Who knows, maybe all the wives were there, hugging their husbands, but she's the only one shown, and it all sort of adds up as a reflection of their relationship. It's refreshing to hear "the famous one" in a couple describe the relationship the way he does. Regardless, they have figured out how to sustain a marriage when he is frequently on the road. I have no doubt that the admiration, love and dependence is mutual, but we aren't fortunate enough to ever hear her side of it.

12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I agree, MC. They appear to be a very devoted couple, and it's not at all unusual if one is more dependent than the other. But, it's fun to speculate even though none of us, obviously, know the true dynamics of their relationship.

sodascouts
12-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Well said, MC.

bluefeather
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I've heard very little about Jean from Timothy but it seems to me also that he's extremely loving husband and maybe does 'need' her too

LongTimeFan
12-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I've never had the pleasure of meeting either Timothy or Jean, so my thoughts are only based on guesses. But having seen them together at the beginning of the HFO DVD and the red carpet interview footage, I can see how their love for each other carries over into his music. The loving look he gives her as she walks away before the HFO concert. Wow.

Not sure if what I've read on the internet is true, but he used to tap dance, is a vegetarian, and does yoga, (which I think is fascinating) and seems to have a very quiet, peaceful private life with his family. I would love to see Jean's art but haven't found anything online. In an industry where people live in a fishbowl with little privacy, and long periods on the road and holed up in music studios, it would take a strong woman and a solid marriage to endure. Timothy seems to have a gentle, caring spirit and he writes from the heart. I am happy that they are so devoted to each other.

Victim of Love
12-04-2013, 02:35 AM
LTF, Jean did the artwork for the Expando jacket front and the painting of Timothy on the front of the insert. And if you watch the Friday Night video, which was shot at their home. you get a glimpse of some of her work. I would love to see more of her paintings but she's is so low key that it's impossible to find any information.

From the little I've seen of them together, they do seem very 'tuned in' and devoted to each other. It's very refreshing in this day and age, where people marry & divorce like they're going thru a revolving door, to see a couple so dedicated to their union. And I think the fact that they were together for so long before they got married gave them a really solid foundation to build on thru the subsequent years.

zeldabjr
12-04-2013, 10:11 AM
I've always wondered when they met and married...I've heard they married in 84...but that interview I heard with him last week somewhere..was in 80 when the band broke up and he mentioned "his wife"...???

MaryCalifornia
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Timothy said in an interview that he and Jean were "living as man and wife for seven years" prior to 1984. I don't remember what the context was or why he said it. I just remember thinking it was a cute way to say shacking up. Maybe they were married when they learned Owen was coming. Soda has 1983 listed in the TBSonline bio page.

I have seen a photo of the canoe Jean carved in Hawaii and it is killer - really impressive, a beautiful piece of art, but it was on a social media site that has been taken down.

secret squirrel
12-04-2013, 02:17 PM
thanks SM for posting that interview...he's so darn cute!!!...I could listen to him talk all day...

Me too!

It must be so awkward for her to just stand there while her husband is interviewed. I would want to butt in or wander away. I'd probably move just out of shot, supporting him from a distance. She's very dutiful. I think it's a little crass of the interviewer not to involve her at all but I guess that's the way of these things.

SS
xx

12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Timothy said in an interview that he and Jean were "living as man and wife for seven years" prior to 1984. I don't remember what the context was or why he said it. I just remember thinking it was a cute way to say shacking up. Maybe they were married when they learned Owen was coming. Soda has 1983 listed in the TBSonline bio page.

Yep - a bun in the oven seemed to be a common theme that caused many Eagles marriages. :thumbsup:

Me too!

It must be so awkward for her to just stand there while her husband is interviewed. I would want to butt in or wander away. I'd probably move just out of shot, supporting him from a distance. She's very dutiful. I think it's a little crass of the interviewer not to involve her at all but I guess that's the way of these things.

I have to agree with you here, ss. It seems the polite thing to do in these cases is to engage the spouse in the conversation. They are, obviously, there to interview the celebrity, however, a skilled interview should be able to bring someone else into the conversation without taking the focus off of their target.

secret squirrel
12-05-2013, 12:51 PM
I have to agree with you here, ss. It seems the polite thing to do in these cases is to engage the spouse in the conversation. They are, obviously, there to interview the celebrity, however, a skilled interview should be able to bring someone else into the conversation without taking the focus off of their target.

Exactamundo! At least acknowledge that she's there!

SS
xx

bashful badger
12-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Here's a blog about Timothy's live between song banter.

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/04/timothy-b-schmit-introduces-poco-song-at-solo-show/

zeldabjr
12-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking his talking between songs is annoying!!!...can't be a real Timothy fan in my book!...I adored hearing his stories between each song...