PDA

View Full Version : Forbes' Top Earning Musicians List

Freypower
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
This is from Rolling Stone. The Eagles are 9th with $55 million.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/23/madonna-tops-bruce-acdc-as-forbes-top-earning-act/

Ive always been a dreamer
06-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Cool FP - 9th place isn't too shabby for our guys considering that they probably didn't play nearly the number of shows that most of these other acts did.

Way to go guys - or maybe we should say way to go Eagles fans! :lol:

sodascouts
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Seriously, Dreamer! We fans sure are shelling out the big bucks! ;)

TimothyBFan
06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
So how much has this board along contributed? It probably pay the mortgage for years! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
06-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Or has gotten at least one Eagle Kid through College!

But we love them.

Peekaboo
06-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Well, I've spent the spent the money on 4 Eagles and 2 Henley solo concerts (not including travel money). I'm pretty sure I could be driving a new car by now.

I would like to add that I'm kind of surprised that Madonna made $110 million. I don't remember hearing much about her touring or anything that she has done over the last year. I didn't think she was all that big nowadays as far as her stardome is concerned. Maybe i'm just out of the loop on other artists that aren't the Eagles. This is all just my own opinion of course.

sodascouts
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Madonna has a fairly recent album called Hard Candy that came out in 2008, and she's been touring ever since, lately overseas. I think she's much bigger over there than she might be over here, since I've heard none of her new music on the radio, nor seen any of her new videos.

Then, again - sadly - the average uninformed person might say the same thing about Long Road Out of Eden and the Eagles despite the fact that the album hit #1 in 2007. :(

Since the Eagles obviously make plenty of money in America anyway, I image Madonna does, too.

BTW, Madonna fans, check out her official website (http://www.madonna.com). It has great content (all her videos, oft-udated news, tons of info about her career, etc.) and a sophisticated yet user-friendly design. Nice. The only problem is that you have to be a member to log into to some areas, and that it has that annoying auto-play of music when you hit the homepage (as unfortunately many official sites of musicians do).