PDA

View Full Version : Staiway to Heaven?

purl
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Did the Eagles ever record Stairway to Heaven?I heard part of a version of this song and the lad playing it said it was the Eagles.It sounded great but I didn't hear much of the vocal part.I searched the net,but couln't find an Eagles version.
Purl

MikeA
06-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Did the Eagles ever record Stairway to Heaven?I heard part of a version of this song and the lad playing it said it was the Eagles.It sounded great but I didn't hear much of the vocal part.I searched the net,but couln't find an Eagles version.
Purl

I very seriously doubt that the Eagles ever recorded it. If they did, it would have been some bootleg taken from some impromptu jam that they were in.

I'm just sure they didn't.

EagleLady
06-29-2009, 05:45 PM
That would be Led Zeppelin who recorded it, not The Eagles

purl
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I realize it's a Zeppelin classic and also was fairly sure the Eagles never recorded it.But i knew this was the place to find out for sure.
Thanks............................

Ive always been a dreamer
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
First of all, welcome purl.

I'm with MikeA here. If the Eagles ever performed or recorded the song, it is a very big well-kept secret. I'd never say never because you never know what may be out there hiding in the woodwork, but I'd say it is very doubtful.

thelongrun
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Purl

I doubt it very very much.., Plenty of wrong tagged files out there, either plenty of jokes, don't pay too much attention to those, regards.

Malc
07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
It was probably the version by Far Corporation you heard, who covered it back in 1985. They were a studio band, created by music producer Frank Farian (who also created Boney M and Milli Vanilli). Principle members were David Paich, Steve Lukather, Simon Phillips and Bobby Kimball (all, at one time or another, members of Toto - who Timothy often hung out with) and it went Top 10 in the UK. No sign of any Eagles on the credits ...
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milli_Vanilli)