PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen Wallpapers

sodascouts
08-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I made widescreen versions of my Eagles wallpapers for those of us who have widescreen monitors. You can see 'em all here:

http://eaglesonlinecentral.blogspot.com/2009/08/widescreen-wallpapers.html

TimothyBFan
08-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you Soda!!! Beautiful as usual and already have one in use!!!

sodascouts
08-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks Willie! I noticed there seems to be a dearth of widescreen wallpapers in almost every music fandom (certainly the ones I frequent), but I think they're the wave of the future.

Since these were originally designed to be the regular resolutions, I had to make some changes to the design. Some worked better than others, lol, but I will keep it in mind when designing future ones.

Prettymaid
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I accidentally tried using one on my screen and my beloved Joe was cut out of the picture! :fear: :hilarious:

MikeA
08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Widescreens on computers just ain't quite here yet. I love them and have a 19" widescreen. I've had to compromise between good graphics and good text. I've chosen the graphics but that can make some of the text a real nightmare to read. But If you go with non widescreen resolution to get good text, all the vertical proportions are skewed....short and fat!

sodascouts
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I accidentally tried using one on my screen and my beloved Joe was cut out of the picture! :fear: :hilarious:

These only work for all widescreens, regardless of resolution, if you make the desktop setting "fit to screen." Otherwise, such disasters can ensue! ;)

MikeA
08-03-2009, 01:55 PM
These only work for all widescreens, regardless of resolution, if you make the desktop setting "fit to screen." Otherwise, such disasters can ensue! ;)

Actually, "Stretch" or "Center" either one works on my resolution with the widescreen images you made. It's when I try to use any other kind of image that I have to work magic on it to get it distorted for normal viewing pleasures <LOL>

Troubadour
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank you so much, Soda!

MikeA
08-03-2009, 07:29 PM
BTW, The only resolution that really works on my widescreen is 1280x768. Your WS images are PERFECT Nancy. Thank you very much. I tend not to change BGs very often because of the hassle. Your work is appreciated.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Great work as usual, Soda. More and more, people are going with widescreen monitors, so it's a good idea to get ahead of the curve.

sodascouts
08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys - I wasn't fishing for compliments, but I appreciate them! ;)

Perhaps there are multiple ratios for various widescreens that I didn't consider, and which do not work with my widescreen wallpapersr. I'll have to look into it! PM, what is your resolution?

Prettymaid
08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know! :hilarious: I don't have a widescreen - that's why it didn't work!
I was just playing around with them.

Glennhoney
08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
..beautiful....sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Koala
08-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank you so much, Soda, great work!

sodascouts
08-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know! :hilarious: I don't have a widescreen - that's why it didn't work!
I was just playing around with them.

Oh! Well that solves it then! ;)