PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

VAisForEagleLovers
01-15-2015, 08:06 PM
A year ago tonight was the special fan appreciation night as our guys opened the all-new LA Forum! It was a great, great night. The guys were great, getting to hear Seven Bridges Road and How Long was great, and spending time with so many other Borderers was great! The weather was great, too. Can you tell I wish I was there now, getting to experience it all again?

Houston Baby
01-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Sitting here with the central heat running, I wish I was back in LA too! That was such an AWESOME Eagles adventure! I so enjoyed the 2 concerts & spending time with some great Borderers. :partytime:

Brooke
01-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Sounds like it was indeed Great! :wink: :lol:

sodascouts
01-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I've been very stressed out this week - the first week of school, the website problems, a slow internet at the apartment, and a virus on my home computer to boot. Thinking of those happy days last year made me smile amidst it all!

I miss the guys. I wonder when I'll be able to see them again.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-18-2015, 04:56 PM
OMG - That was such a special and fun trip. After my hectic work schedule of late, I sooooo wish I was there right now getting ready for a show tonight. And I'm with ya, Soda - I am anxiously awaiting to hear when and where the guys will announce more shows. :nod:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2015, 02:06 PM
As am I! I hope they will do something worthwhile this year!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2015, 09:56 AM
A year ago today, I was at the concert in Raleigh! Thinking back and remembering how sick I was, plus just now recovering from pneumonia, I have to wonder if I'm allergic to February!

What I do remember about that concert is very memorable. I so wish there was a picture of the look on Don's face when the one lady in the audience asked if they had any quaaludes, because it was absolutely precious, and funnier than the question itself.

Brooke
03-02-2015, 04:31 PM
VA, did she just yell out that question from the audience?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-02-2015, 04:41 PM
VA, did she just yell out that question from the audience?

Yes, she did. She was in the center section about eight or so rows back. Not everyone heard her, of course, but those who did laughed. The timing of it was as funny as the question. Don said something like: This is to give you an idea of what it was like back in 1971. He paused for a moment, and she yelled out "Ya got any quaaludes?" I think he wrestled with answering her, and then perhaps to remember what he was supposed to say next. Glenn, of course, laughed with the rest of us. It was funny, three nights later in Cincinnati, Don said the same thing and had the same pause, and Glenn started laughing for no apparent reason. I assume he was remembering it. Of course, no one in Cincy (except for me) had any idea what Glenn thought was so funny.

Brooke
03-03-2015, 10:48 AM
I didn't remember reading about it last year and I can just see Don's face! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
05-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Three years ago tonight I was at the Verizon Ampitheater in Alpharetta Georgia seeing my first Eagles concert...a night to remember...I knew once would not be enough!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2015, 09:37 PM
It was a great night, Z!!

sodascouts
05-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Fun times!!

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Well I'm glad you have the chance to go again Brenda, coz we got to meet up and have a whole lot of fun in NYC 18 months ago!

05-03-2015, 01:46 PM
...a night to remember...I knew once would not be enough!!!

I totally don't get this! :lie: :wink:

But, seriously, congrats to you! I'm also glad you didn't stop at one and am glad we have gotten to hang out at several subsequent shows. Keep on truckin', girl! :thumbsup:

Topkat
05-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Has it really been 3 years.? Well, at least u got to see many more shows. Fun time in Atlantic city with you! Now the Eagles are heading to your town, instead of u chasing them down all over the place! LOL :thumbsup:

Good seeing you in NY too! Hope to see u again soon, but I don't think I will be going to Buffallo, because I'm hoping for a NYC show!

Also glad you got to some Timmy solo shows!

Glennsallnighter
05-07-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm hoping for an NYC show as well TK! I like NYC, its one flight for me, and at this stage I can pretty much make my own way around Manhattan. Its a city I love, and if there was a promise of an Eagles show as well it would be perfect. What I'd really love would be to go to a Knicks game one evening and the Eagles the following!! But I'd say that would be too picky!!

DJ
05-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Fun times!!

Soda, I just bought that shirt Glenn has on in your Avatar. Love It.

sodascouts
05-08-2015, 12:58 AM
I switched out avatars - but that is a cute shirt! I bought one but sadly, it doesn't look nearly as good on me! ;)

sodascouts
06-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Today is a special day for me. 10 years ago today, I saw Don Henley perform with Stevie Nicks in Chicago. I thought he was so fantastic that I bought his Greatest Hits, then the Eagles Greatest Hits, then Glenn's Greatest Hits, then I decided to make the Glenn website, then the board, then the rest of the sites.... and here we are now.

My life has changed in a lot of ways since then and I've experienced things I never thought I would, made friends all over the world...

And it all started with that night in Chicago.

NightMistBlue
06-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Happy anniversary, Soda! And thank you for all you've done for Eagles fandom :)

Houston Baby
06-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Happy Anniversary Soda!!

As I have said before, your sites have impacted so many people in Eagles fandom around the world. I and I know so many others are grateful for your night in Chicago. Thank you Don & Stevie!

And a tremendous thank you to you SODA!!! You have done a FANTASTIC job!!! :thumbsup:

L101
06-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Happy 10th Eaglesversary Soda!!

Love all the work you've done for all us Eagles fans - here's to many more years :thumbsup:

And because it all started when you went to see Stevie and Don, I finally have a reason to use this :steviesmack:

AlreadyGone95
06-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, I guess that I should've posted my congrats here, instead of in the Henley Heaven thread.

Excluding the other stuff I said there,
Happy 10th Anniversary Soda!

Here's to 10 more years! :soda:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Happy tenth anniversary of being an Eagles fan, Soda!!!!!!!!! Yes, where would we all be without that one night in Chicago?? Thanks to that one night, and you of course, we all have a place to have give-and-take discussion about the best band out there, as well as all their solo efforts. Thank you for all you do to keep this board up and running and so very organized, as well as all the sites.

Freypower
06-19-2015, 06:15 PM
We :iloveyou:Nancy & here's to the next ten years! :cheers: :soda:

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Today is a special day for me. 10 years ago today, I saw Don Henley perform with Stevie Nicks in Chicago. I thought he was so fantastic that I bought his Greatest Hits, then the Eagles Greatest Hits, then Glenn's Greatest Hits, then the Glenn website, then the board, then the rest of the sites.... and here we are now.

My life has changed in a lot of ways since then and I've experienced things I never thought I would, made friends all over the world...

Congratulations on your Eagleversary from me too Soda, and because of it (and me having a similar experience a year later) I have made so many wonderful friends - yourself included of course and had so many wonderful experiences

DivineDon
06-20-2015, 06:19 AM
Thanks so much Soda for giving us a forum where we can express our obsession!!! I'm not surprised Don was amazing that night - he's a truly incredible, talented man. I've been overwhelmed in my obsession with him since the HOTE doc and then the tour which led me to this site....so thank you again!!! I know it takes incredible dedication and commitment to keep this going but you're greatly appreciated....round of applause anyone? :applause:

UndertheWire
06-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Funny how attending one concert can have an impact on so many lives. What would you be doing if you'd missed that concert? Or would you have ended up in the same place but by different means? You provide many hours of entertainment for so many through your efforts with this site.

sodascouts
06-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Aw, you guys are so sweet! You make all the hard work worthwhile! :grouphug:

What would you be doing if you'd missed that concert? Or would you have ended up in the same place but by different means?
Who knows where life's path would have taken me. I probably would have kept updating my Fleetwood Mac site (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net), which I pretty much abandoned to do GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com) and then the other Eagles sites. I also abandoned the Buckingham Nicks message board I used to run - closed it down completely to concentrate on this one.

I can't ever close down The Border like that, though, because it's the only Eagles message board left!

I also would have more money if it weren't for that night in Chicago. ;) But it's been SO WORTH IT!!!

GlennLover
06-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Congratulations, Soda! Your work on this board is so greatly appreciated! I know that it has certainly enriched my life in many ways, not least of which is meeting so many wonderful people (yourself included), both on The Border & in person. I have come to need my "Border fix" at least once a day. Thank you soooooo much, Nancy!

AlreadyGone95
06-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Aw, you guys are so sweet! You make all the hard work worthwhile! :grouphug:

Who knows where life's path would have taken me. I probably would have kept updating my Fleetwood Mac site (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net), which I pretty much abandoned to do GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com) and then the other Eagles sites. I also abandoned the Buckingham Nicks message board I used to run - closed it down completely to concentrate on this one.

I used to go to that buckinghamnicks site alot about 4-5 years ago. I couldn't believe how many photos were on that site, and the lyrics/lyic interpretations! I loved it! Thanks for that as well!

I wonder if "the ledge" board is still around? (I was I'msoafraid95 on it. Haven't been on there in at least 3 years though)

(Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread. I just had to comment on that)

Jonny Come Lately
06-21-2015, 10:21 AM
I think you made the right call in focussing on this board and the EOC and related sites, SS! I've only been around for the last six months but I've had a great time on here so far, here's to many more years. :thumbsup:

AG95, I'm pretty sure The Ledge is still around, I checked it the other day after hearing that Fleetwood Mac cancelled a couple of their UK shows ahead of their performance of the IoW festival.

As much as I like Fleetwood Mac's music, I never enjoying reading message boards about them much*. As a lifelong fan of Rumours I just don't get the love Tusk always seems to receive, and I certainly don't enjoy reading the 'chiffon heads' (IIRC this is the term for fanatic Stevie fans?) having a go at Don/Joe/the Eagles in general.

*I don't include the FM thread on this board in this. And definitely not the Stevie Nicks thread, which can be quite, ahem, distracting. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2015, 10:35 AM
I can relate to the money aspect!!

I'm glad you have no plans on shutting us down! I live and die on Facebook, but only the group pages encourage real give and take discussion, and it's nearly impossible to go back and look at posts from even a month ago, there's no search function, and no organization. Not to mention, no anonymity, and so regardless of your privacy settings, anyone can see your posts, including employers. Making a group a closed group adds privacy, but that discourages people joining because they won't join what they can't see.

Enough about that, I'm just glad to be here! I'm glad to be surrounded by so many people who 'get it'!

Topkat
06-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Today is a special day for me. 10 years ago today, I saw Don Henley perform with Stevie Nicks in Chicago. I thought he was so fantastic that I bought his Greatest Hits, then the Eagles Greatest Hits, then Glenn's Greatest Hits, then the Glenn website, then the board, then the rest of the sites.... and here we are now.

Glad that started it all, Nancy & the rest is history!!! Congratulations & thanks for starting the websites !:thumbsup::thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
06-21-2015, 12:57 PM
I think you made the right call in focussing on this board and the EOC and related sites, SS! I've only been around for the last six months but I've had a great time on here so far, here's to many more years. :thumbsup:

AG95, I'm pretty sure The Ledge is still around, I checked it the other day after hearing that Fleetwood Mac cancelled a couple of their UK shows ahead of their performance of the IoW festival.

As much as I like Fleetwood Mac's music, I never enjoying reading message boards about them much*. As a lifelong fan of Rumours I just don't get the love Tusk always seems to receive, and I certainly don't enjoy reading the 'chiffon heads' (IIRC this is the term for fanatic Stevie fans?) having a go at Don/Joe/the Eagles in general.

*I don't include the FM thread on this board in this. And definitely not the Stevie Nicks thread, which can be quite, ahem, distracting. :)

What you described is why I left "the ledge". It seemed to me like there was more division among fans there. I didn't really feel a group aspect. Even though I've only been here a month, I feel the group feeling. While we all have our favorite member(s), we all fans of the band as a whole, and that shines through. Heck, I've been more active here in the past month than I was during several months on The Ledge! :grouphug:

sodascouts
06-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Well, it's a small world! The Ledge is still around - in fact, it's pretty much the only active FM message board left. I'm sodascouts on there, too, and I still post once in a while.

Yep, that board - and any Fleetwood Mac board - is filled with drama. Over the years, we've had some heated disagreements on here; it's gotten ugly on a few occasions; there's been some hard feelings, some people who've left in anger and even some people who've gotten banned... but compared to the drama that occurs on an almost daily basis in the Fleetwood Mac fandom, we're milk and cookies.

The Stevie fans vs. Lindsey fan fights are legendary. Here, people might get a bit miffed if they feel their favorite band member is getting slighted, or grumble perceived favoritism. Basically, take that and multiply it by 1000 for the Stevie v Lindsey fights. That is so bad that they have concocted disparaging names for the "other side" (chiffonheads vs buckheads) and make it the main focus of a great number of posts. I guess the closest we come is the Felder v Frey/Henley stuff which has led to several heated conflicts here, but even that's not nearly as intense as the FM fights (hard for some members here to believe, I bet, but it's true).

Don't even get me started on the intense hostility some (not all) Stevie fans have toward Don and Joe. All I can say is that if Stevie forgives them, what right do we have to hold a grudge on her behalf? I mean, Don is one of her closest friends, for cryin' out loud! But I digress.

Again, the much more mellow vibe here is thanks to you guys, the users. I just facilitate.

AlreadyGone95
06-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Well, it's a small world! The Ledge is still around - in fact, it's pretty much the only active FM message board left. I'm sodascouts on there, too, and I still post once in a while.

Yep, that board - and any Fleetwood Mac board - is filled with drama. Over the years, we've had some heated disagreements on here; it's gotten ugly on a few occasions; there's been some hard feelings, some people who've left in anger and even some people who've gotten banned... but compared to the drama that occurs on an almost daily basis in the Fleetwood Mac fandom, we're milk and cookies.

The Stevie fans vs. Lindsey fan fights are legendary. Here, people might get a bit miffed if they feel their favorite band member is getting slighted, or grumble perceived favoritism. Basically, take that and multiply it by 1000 for the Stevie v Lindsey fights. That is so bad that they have concocted disparaging names for the "other side" (chiffonheads vs buckheads) and make it the main focus of a great number of posts. I guess the closest we come is the Felder v Frey/Henley stuff, but even that's not nearly as intense (hard for some members here to believe, I bet, but it's true).

Don't even get me started on the intense hostility some (not all) Stevie fans have toward Don and Joe. All I can say is that if Stevie forgives them, what right do we have to hold a grudge on her behalf? I mean, Don is one of her closest friends, for cryin' out loud! But I digress.

Again, the much more mellow vibe here is thanks to you guys, the users. I just facilitate.

I was going to ask about that. You're one of the few members that I remember(why, I don't know). When I first discovered The Border, and I saw your name, I immediately thought of The Ledge. I reckon that I should check back in there sometime.

I could never understand why people would want the message board to be filled with hatred and vile posts about band members. I was (and still am) partial to John Mcvie. He's the F Mac member I love the most, so I couldn't and didn't want to get into the buckhead vs. Chiffonhead fights. I just wanted to discuss the band! (Same here on this board)
And don't forget the hatred toward Lindsey's wife, Kristen. Some of the shippers (iirc that is the term for a person who believes that Lindsey and Stevie should still be a couple) wanted her dead! I know that we might be envious of the Eagles' wives, but we would never wish anything like that!

OK, I think that I'm done with my soapbox. I just will never understand the need for drama and fights, especially if you are a fan of the band as a whole. Agree to disagree or usethe pm system to talk about it.

NOLA
06-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Although I'm a newbie, I just wanted to say congrats, Soda, on your tenth anniversary! The time and effort that you put forth to create and maintain all of these boards astounds me. I don't know how you do it, but it's so worth it! HFC!

"Bravo Zulu" for a job well done!:thumbsup:

06-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Well - I'm a little late here, but congrats on your 10 year Donaversary, Soda. I have to say that going to that Chicago show to see Don and Stevie turned out to be a life-changing experience for me as well. :thumbsup: I am so grateful for this board and the EOC sister sites, and for all of the friendships and experiences I've been able to share with so many members here. It's wonderful to have this board for the enjoyment of Eagles fans and I, for one, appreciate less drama. Long live The Border!!!

Roey
06-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Happy Anniversary Soda! Thank you doesn't seem adequate enough for all of your hard work and expense. Your passion for all things Eagles is evident in the organization and depth of this site. Your skill and kindness as a moderator fosters friendly and educational exchanges on The Border. I love the links to old audio and video clips. I wouldn't be surprised if the band members visit the site. Glad you had that night in Chicago!!! May your future (and all of our futures) be filled with Eagles concerts!

Glennsallnighter
06-26-2015, 10:10 AM
This night last year Desperada and I caught our last show on the European tour in the Echo arena in Liverpool and what a wonderful night it turned out to be!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Wow, GA, doesn't seem possible for it to have been a year already!

sodascouts
07-06-2015, 06:14 PM
2 years ago today, the History of the Eagles tour started. Now, as we see that the end of the tour is nigh, I want to reiterate how amazing I found it and how the setlist and presentation of this tour has exceeded every expectation to become the best Eagles tour I've ever seen.

WELL DONE, GUYS.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Ah, that's true! Two years ago today it all started here in Louisville.

I agree, Soda, the presentation from start to finish, top to bottom, is simply amazing. They really outdid themselves. I'm so very sad to see it end, but I can't wait to see what they do next...

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Its a spectacular show absolutely no question and I am proud and happy to have been able to see so many shows. I know they will probably take a sabbatical till the end of the year I guess. I'd love to see Don's solo show if I can at all and I really hope Glenn :heart: will perhaps take an opportunity to do a few solo dates as well.
It will be interesting to see what follow the History of the Eagles

TimFan222
07-06-2015, 10:43 PM
I attended their first show and really wish I could be there for the last!!!!

zeldabjr
07-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Being at that first show was just too cool!! I think the highlight for me was Best of my Love...I never ever thought I'd hear them do that song live!!

Tori
07-07-2015, 03:22 PM
A month ago today, I saw the boys in Green Bay - and two years ago today, I saw the boys at Summerfest in Milwaukee for the second-ever show in the History tour! Time flies.

DJ
07-07-2015, 04:01 PM
2 years ago today, the History of the Eagles tour started. Now, as we see that the end of the tour is nigh, I want to reiterate how amazing I found it and how the setlist and presentation of this tour has exceeded every expectation to become the best Eagles tour I've ever seen.

WELL DONE, GUYS.

Soda, I've been told by friends who have gone to their concerts you are spot on they still sound amazing. He did say Don was looking old. I said shoot he looks great for his age and all the partying. LOL:partytime: I think they look amazing.

shunlvswx
07-08-2015, 09:47 PM
I was watching the Summerfest clips yesterday. I don't know why I thought WI was the first stop instead of KY. LOL

08-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Well I've developed a bout of PGW while doing some reminiscing. Today is the 8th anniversary of the first of two very special Glenn solo shows in Niagara Falls for Soda, PLS, and myself. We were feeling the love from Glenn as we got to hear I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, and You Are Not Alone live. Also, on the second night, he actually dedicated I Love To Watch a Woman Dance to us. I'm copying his exact words from the review thread ...

“I’d like to dedicate this song to some friends of mine – Lissa from California, Nancy from Indiana, and Kay from Virginia. They drove all the way out here to watch the old man sing.”

We thought that was so freakin' cool and sweet and I still get a huge smile on my face just thinking about it - many very special memories of that trip, indeed!

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Wonderful memory Dreamer! I was only thinking of your trip in 07 today as I remembered it was around this time, and also of course our trip 4 years later in 2011. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago already. Enjoy the memories :heart:

Houston Baby
08-16-2015, 06:35 PM
What an AWESOME memory for you ladies! I cannot imagine what that was like - So cool and so sweet of Glenn!

GlennLover
08-17-2015, 12:03 AM
How wonderful that you have such an event to remember! I've been thinking about our trip to NF in 2011 as well. Time sure does fly! At least we have our memories to treasure.

sodascouts
08-18-2015, 01:11 AM
That's true - the memories live on!

Brooke
08-18-2015, 10:49 AM
And he actually remembered where each of you were from?! Awesome!

Brooke
09-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Can't believe I forgot to post here on the specific dates, please allow me to now!

Sept. 19, 2004-Eleven years ago on this day I met Don Henley at a meet & greet in Springfield, MO. Can NOT believe so much time has passed! One of the highlights of my life and one I will never forget! Actually being in the same room with a man whose voice I had loved since the beginning of the Eagles, touching him, talking with him, a picture with him and autographs, even if it was for just a couple minutes! Heaven!

Sept. 20, 2008-Seven years ago since seeing the Eagles live from Row 1 Vip on the Long Road Out of Eden tour! It was awesome sitting right smack in front of Joe Walsh, making eye contact with him and Glenn at different times. My favorite band since their inception! A dream come true!

sodascouts
09-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Some special dates for sure! Wow, time flies!

NightMistBlue
10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Well I've developed a bout of PGW while doing some reminiscing. Today is the 8th anniversary of the first of two very special Glenn solo shows in Niagara Falls for Soda, PLS, and myself. We were feeling the love from Glenn as we got to hear I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, and You Are Not Alone live. Also, on the second night, he actually dedicated I Love To Watch a Woman Dance to us. I'm copying his exact words from the review thread ...

“I’d like to dedicate this song to some friends of mine – Lissa from California, Nancy from Indiana, and Kay from Virginia. They drove all the way out here to watch the old man sing.”

We thought that was so freakin' cool and sweet and I still get a huge smile on my face just thinking about it - many very special memories of that trip, indeed!

Oh my gosh, what a special and thrilling experience. Dang. He seems very gracious toward his fans.

10-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Wow! NMB - Reading through that makes me giddy all over again. It still boggles my mind to this day about how incredibly kind Glenn has treated us. No matter what the public perception of him is, I have personally witnessed a very kind man who is extremely appreciative of what he has achieved and of his fans. I :heart: Glenn Frey! :thumbsup:

And I love reading this thread and having everyone share their memorable experiences. It is inspiring to see how much this band means to so many of us.

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2015, 11:56 AM
I think I am so lucky in my life to have met so many lovely people (online and in the flesh) directly and indirectly through the Border. 9 and a half years is a long time and I have amassed a great many friends and had so many wonderful experiences which I would never have had is it wasn't for the Border.

10-09-2015, 12:20 PM
That is so sweet, GA! And I couldn't agree with you more - I feel exactly the same way. :grouphug:

10-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I've thought about this several times today - it was exactly 10 years ago tonight in Oakland, CA when I saw my first Eagles concert from a closeup view. I had been to 2 previous shows (Richmond, 5/03 and Hampton, 3/05), but this was the first time I was close enough to really see the band and to be seen. I got some Glenntact that night and it was this night that he 'chose' me for good. It was also the night when it occurred to me that the Pebble Beach AT&T Pro Am Golf Tournament may be a really cool place to hang out. As they say, "the rest is history". :grin:

flojo
10-15-2015, 04:43 AM
The HOTE tour seems like a lifetime ago now. I'd been hoping to catch a couple of solo shows but being made redundant kinda ruined that for me...
If anyone wants to add me on Facebook then pm me if you can't find me, I won't really be on here so much.
Somebody did comment to me at one of the shows that I don't post much; I tend to use Fb for keeping in touch with people, I only came across this site fairly recently and like to post when there's shows in case we can catch up with people.
On another note I was told there was some comments by a few people that I was a liar, they can jog on for all I care ;-) My other half and myself are just two people that have been very fortunate to have had some amazing experiences in life, I like to think of it as a counterbalance for all the bad...

NightMistBlue
10-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Flo, I'm sorry you lost your job and hope you find something better very soon. All the best to you.

flojo
11-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Thanks NMB that's very kind of you.
I managed to pick up some freelance work through an ex colleague so at least I can start my next tour fund! I just hope there are some shows in the not too distant future...

05-09-2016, 12:42 AM
It was 13 years ago on today that I saw my very first Eagles concert here in my hometown of Richmond, Virginia. I've always celebrated the date with glee before, but it was probably because l was always anticipating seeing more shows. This year I celebrate with bittersweet reminiscing knowing that I'll never see the band again. :sad:

Brooke
05-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Awwww, I know what you mean. But so glad you got to see them as many times as you did during that 13 years! And that was quite a few shows if I remember correctly!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2016, 05:34 PM
You have indeed Dreamer - and have wonderful memories as a result like so many of us. I cant help thinking too that the After Hours shows started this night 4 years ago in the Town Hall in New York. While I wasn't able to make that one I know quite a few Borderers did get there. I'm sure the memories are flooding in for you guys particularly. Hugs xxx

sodascouts
05-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Four years ago today, I saw Glenn Frey perform at the Wiltern, a very special venue to me, and it was magnificent (see reviews here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3704)). I will always treasure that memory. I hadn't planned on going - it was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by GlennsAllnighter - but I'm so glad I did. What a great night, what a great time. Thank you, Glenn.

Freypower
05-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Four years ago today, I saw Glenn Frey perform at the Wiltern, a very special venue to me, and it was magnificent (see reviews here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3704)). I will always treasure that memory. I hadn't planned on going - it was a spur of the moment thing, inspired by GlennsAllnighter - but I'm so glad I did. What a great night, what a great time. Thank you, Glenn.

It was. It was also special meeting you & GA again (I still have hopes that we will meet again even if there are no longer any Eagles related reasons to do so).

Twice I crossed the Atlantic to see Glenn, and I had the time of my life on both trips (for newbies the other time wa August 2011 at Niagara Falls).

Glennsallnighter
05-27-2016, 05:39 AM
I am so so glad that I went too. I really wanted to see the After Hours shows and I literally had a tiny window of time that I could use to see this show. Even though I spent a lot of time traveling that weekend I don't regret it for a single minute. It was wonderful also to meet Soda and FP again and of course Glenn :heart: as always was magnificent - I think he saved the best for his last show of that leg of the tour.

FP I hope too that we will all meet up again - I feel confident that I will meet up with Soda as we have managed to do so several times since, but I hope I will see you again too.

DivineDon
06-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Two years ago today I saw my first and only Eagles' show!! I'm so glad that I went even though I was very ill but I would have regretted not seeing them all together. I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing and hearing Don LIVE!! When he sang those opening words to Best of my Love I thought I would literally faint :faint:

But it's still hard to believe Glenn's gone R.I.P. :cry:

sodascouts
06-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Treasure those memories. So glad you made it to see them before it was too late!

Glennsallnighter
06-05-2016, 04:36 AM
I'm so glad that you got to see them too DD. I've been reminiscing about those shows this time 2 years ago too.

And guess what - as I type this Glenn :heart: has just cone on 4fm (Gareth O'Callaghan) with TOYL!! Ah......

DivineDon
06-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks ladies :)

06-05-2016, 02:10 PM
DD - I am also so happy for you that you were able to attend that show. Cherish the memories forever!

L101
06-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Two years ago today I saw my 4th and last Eagles show :sad:

Even though I missed the start of it (and missed Saturday night) due to traffic, it was just fantastic and I wished it would never end...

DD - so glad you got to see them and survived the heat of the 3arena (the boys were on fire that week :grin:)

Hopefully in a few weeks time, we'll get more great memories with our first Don concert - counting down the days now ......:yay:

NOLA
06-06-2016, 08:49 AM
DD and L101, so glad you got to see them on the HOTE tour! I made the fatal mistake of thinking we always had more time, or there will be a next time, and missed out entirely. Anyway, we still have solo Don, so that's all that matters now. Enjoy the show like it's your last! :heart: :love:

Brooke
06-06-2016, 10:00 AM
So glad you guys got to see them on their last tour! Wonderful memories for you!

DivineDon
06-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Hopefully in a few weeks time, we'll get more great memories with our first Don concert - counting down the days now ......:yay:

:thumbsup:

L101
06-06-2016, 11:41 AM
DD and L101, so glad you got to see them on the HOTE tour! I made the fatal mistake of thinking we always had more time, or there will be a next time, and missed out entirely. Anyway, we still have solo Don, so that's all that matters now. Enjoy the show like it's your last! :heart: :love:

NOLA - that's a shame you missed out on the HoTE tour but as you said, we have Don to look forward to! ! Can't wait to hear what you think of his shows :-)

shunlvswx
06-06-2016, 12:57 PM
NOLA. I'm in the same boat. I was hoping to see them this year and also see Don's solo tour. Those were the two concert on my list to see. I said myself, I'm going to make sure to see the Eagles this year in concert. I thought I had one more time to see them. My "I'm going to try to see them next year" was too late. :cry: I was looking forward to the HC tour that the guys were planning for this summer.:cry:

I'm looking forward to seeing Joe in August. He will be my first solo Eagle show. I still want to see Don, but I don't think I will get to see him this year. If I don't get to see Don this year(I don't know if he will continue to tour for the rest of the year after September), I will see him next year.

Tori
06-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Haven't been around the Border much lately, but I've got a concert anniversary to commemorate!

Today marks one year since my fourth (and sadly, last) Eagles show - HOTE at the Resch Center in Green Bay, WI. It was my first show with floor seats, and the guys all sounded amazing, if not better than ever. I'll always cherish making eye contact with Don (and especially Glenn) while waving, blowing kisses, and yelling "I LOVE YOU!" at the end of the show. My last Eagles show at the same venue where I saw my first one... it couldn't have been a better "end" to things. :heart:

Dawn
06-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Haven't been around the Border much lately, but I've got a concert anniversary to commemorate!

Today marks one year since my fourth (and sadly, last) Eagles show - HOTE at the Resch Center in Green Bay, WI. It was my first show with floor seats, and the guys all sounded amazing, if not better than ever. I'll always cherish making eye contact with Don (and especially Glenn) while waving, blowing kisses, and yelling "I LOVE YOU!" at the end of the show. My last Eagles show at the same venue where I saw my first one... it couldn't have been a better "end" to things. :heart:

What an awesome concert to have as your last Eagles show - so glad you could go and got such great seats too - those are memories to last a lifetime!

sodascouts
06-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a lovely memory. So glad you got to go!

sodascouts
07-06-2016, 08:19 PM
At this moment three years ago, I was watching the Eagles come onstage in Louisville, KY for the first show of the History of the Eagles tour.

I didn't know what to expect - we'd heard some rumors that there would be surprises, but we didn't know what. Little did we know that the show would be no less than EPIC. I'll never forget moments like seeing Bernie Leadon walk onstage to perform at an Eagles concert for the first time in almost four decades; hearing the Eagles' absolutely cinematic Doolin' Dalton / Desperado Reprise... I was moved to tears. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how the Eagles had somehow managed to get EVEN BETTER when I'd thought they were already at the top.

It was one of the best shows I had ever seen in my life.

A night that will stay with me always.

shunlvswx
07-06-2016, 08:33 PM
I can't believe its been 3 years since the HOTE tour started. We would had never believe this was the last tour. They were always saying it, but we didn't think Glenn's death would put a stop to it.

I download a lot of clips from this tour from Youtube and I'm going to cherish them since I never got the chance to see the guys. :weep:

Brooke
07-07-2016, 09:44 AM
What a wonderful memory for you Soda, and everyone that went.

Tori
07-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Today marks three years since the second-ever HOTE show at Summerfest in Milwaukee. I was so lucky to be there, and I'll always remember it fondly!

shunlvswx
07-07-2016, 03:12 PM
I might pop in my DVD I made from the clips I got off of Youtube. I have a lot of clips from this tour.

Houston Baby
07-14-2016, 12:19 AM
This time last year I was celebrating my birthday with Dreamer, Soda & the EAGLES in Charlottesville. SO much fun & the guys were fantastic!!! The bestest birthday!! :heart:

sodascouts
07-14-2016, 04:06 AM
For some reason I thought my last show was July 14 instead of July 13. I meant to recognize the anniversary, but now I'm a day late, and for some reason, that really upsets me!

Houston Baby
07-14-2016, 08:59 AM
I admit it would have probably upset me too but it is an honest mistake. It is hard to keep up with so many special dates and you have lots. The reason I remember is because it was my birthday and I was so excited and happy that the guys were playing on MY birthday. And you and Dreamer bought me birthday gifts at the merchandise stand. :blueblob: Plus my sweet nephew called to wish me a happy birthday and he asked what I was doing. I told him that I was in Charlottesville VA with a couple of good friends waiting to see the EAGLES play. He laughed and said "Of course you are!"

I am so thankful that I was able to take him to the HOTE concert in Orlando.

Brooke
07-14-2016, 10:27 AM
Well, Soda, don't feel bad. Yesterday was the anniversary of me seeing the Eagles at the Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa in 2002, and I forgot to mention it here too!

It was the first time I'd seem them since 1976 and we got in the 3rd row by trading our 25th row tickets and some cash to a guy outside! I couldn't believe it and was on cloud 9 during the whole show! We were right in front of Timothy and it was awesome! I'll never forget it! :sigh:

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2016, 11:26 AM
I guess we would not have been so upset about missing anniversaries of shows and experiences like this normally, but after what has happened we all feel more sensitive on these occasions. Its understandable - even the silliest of things still make me feel very sad on occasion.

07-17-2016, 02:10 PM
This time last year I was celebrating my birthday with Dreamer, Soda & the EAGLES in Charlottesville. SO much fun & the guys were fantastic!!! The bestest birthday!! :heart:

This has been a very hectic week for me, so I haven't had time to post much of anything. However, this show has also been on my mind all week as well. It is so sad knowing this was our last Eagles show. But, reflecting on the show positively, all three of us were so happy that night and I am forever grateful that my last Eagles show was such a wonderful experience shared with true friends and fans. I'm also so glad that we did VIP that night. And, on a personal note, as it turned out, my very first and last Eagles shows were in my home state.

Freypower
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Today (August 5 my time) was the day I first saw Glenn in 1988 as a guest with Little River Band.

I'm still proud of this and I always will be. It was the first of many instances of 'Freytact' that I was to have until 2015.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/EyeContact.jpg

This was a favourite shot because of the lighting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/FreyAug884.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/FreyAug8812.jpg

Bless you, Glenn.

UndertheWire
08-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Today (August 5 my time) was the day I first saw Glenn in 1988 as a guest with Little River Band.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Solo%20Years/FreyAug8812.jpg

Bless you, Glenn.
I love this one because of the grin. Are you wondering where the last 28 years went?

Brooke
08-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Fp, awesome photos! And memories for you!

Freypower
08-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I love this one because of the grin. Are you wondering where the last 28 years went?

Yesterday I was thinking that August 5, 1988 was nine months to the day after my father died, and how Glenn lifted my spirits. Where have the years gone? They are still there, but I feel a bit different about it all now. Like my dad, Glenn is now part of my past. :weep:

08-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Very nice, FP. You are extremely lucky to have seen that show. :jealous:

sodascouts
08-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Love those photos - what a time to treasure.

Brooke
10-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Three years ago tonight I saw my last live Eagles show on the History tour.

It was an awesome night and got to meet Molly, Mr. Molly, and Austin!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4684

Can't believe it's been so long and will never happen again. :sad:

sodascouts
10-24-2016, 08:16 PM
So glad you got to see that show. It breaks my heart that it's all over.

LovinGlennGirl
10-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Me too:weep:

WalshFan88
10-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Three years ago tonight I saw my last live Eagles show on the History tour.

It was an awesome night and got to meet Molly, Mr. Molly, and Austin!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4684

Can't believe it's been so long and will never happen again. :sad:

My last Eagles show as well. So glad to have met you at a show.

Never thought it would be my last Eagles concert. I figured I'd get to see them again at least once before they retired. Never imagined this would have happened.

It was an amazing show, and while I love my first Eagles concert and will never forget it, the second (and final) show was really amazing. Probably due to having better seats, more informal, and the setlist choices.

That said, I feel so lucky to have even seen them at all. The fact I could see them not once but twice was special.

Everyone tends to regret not doing something when something tragic happens, and I regret not going to more Eagles shows.... But, I just have to remember the above sentences.

UndertheWire
11-03-2016, 04:48 AM
On Sunday, it will be three years since my first ever Eagles concert. It was something I dreamed of 40 years ago (although in that dream I wasn't middle-aged and the band weren't in their sixties!). I didn't want to miss the anniversary so I've started early by going through the show thread (Toronto, November 6th 2013). I was surprised to find a few videos of the show still online (I think they may be blocked in the US) and watched, amazed that I was actually there. The show was on Glenn's 65th birthday but not much was made of that though he made a joke of it being a "black day for Rock 'n' Roll".

Two days later, they announced the UK tour and I had to scarmble for a ticket before I'd recovered from this time. I have a slight regret that I didn't get a better seat but I'm going to celebrate seeing my favourite band (twice) 40 years late.

GlennLover
11-03-2016, 12:19 PM
I saw their concert saw them in Montreal two days before that. Amazing experience.

Glennsallnighter
11-08-2016, 06:10 PM
This night 3 years ago I went to my first HOTE show in Madison Square Garden. Had an excellent seat and I really loved it. So glad now that I did it. I remember being with Dreamer, HH, her hubby Jesse, Zelda, VA, Lizzyplays and of course my partner in crime Desperada!!

zeldabjr
11-08-2016, 11:28 PM
This night 3 years ago I went to my first HOTE show in Madison Square Garden. Had an excellent seat and I really loved it. So glad now that I did it. I remember being with Dreamer, HH, her hubby Jesse, Zelda, VA, Lizzyplays and of course my partner in crime Desperada!!

yes I've been thinking of this since I woke up this morning!! the most wonderful weekend!!

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2016, 05:32 PM
It was. And one if the many lovely things that happened was that Timothy actually handed me a pick at the end of the show on the 9th of November. To crown off a wonderful weekend I arrived back in Dublin this day 3 years ago to hear that the guys were about to launch their European tour for the following summer.

And this night (just about this time) 10 years ago I decided to use the 'new' concept of googling. The very first person/thing/ phrase I googled was Glenn Frey. It led me to the glennfreyonline site. From there as well as being able to access music, videos, pictures and other facts about him, it also led me to the Border, and all the wonderful friendships and experiences I have had since. It's been an amazing journey over the past 10 years......and it's not over yet.

Jonny Come Lately
12-11-2016, 06:25 PM
I was reminiscing about going to see Don this summer today by listening to the full Hotel California album, in part to celebrate HC's 40th anniversary but when I was listening to the title track, LITFL and The Last Resort I was reminded of what a fantastic night I had. I was thrilled when I discovered he'd included the latter in the setlist and judging by the standing ovation the performance got from the crowd I wasn't alone in thinking that. To think the alternative would have been watching England get beaten by Iceland... no thanks!

It is a regret of mine that I didn't get to see the band on the HOTE tour (especially with Bernie back in the fold and the set list they had with songs like Doolin-Dalton), and I felt that way even when Glenn was still with us, but I did have a great concert experience at Don's show and I will always have that. Thanks Don! :singer: :cheers:

02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Well - It wasn't a concert, but I've been reminiscing all day because it was 10 years ago today that I met Glenn at Pebble Beach for the first time. It remains one of the most exciting and thrilling days I can remember as an Eagles fan and I've been lucky to have had quite a few.

sodascouts
02-08-2017, 10:33 PM
I've been thinking of this all week. You can bet on the 10 year anniversary of our big day - Feb. 10 - I'm going to have a screwdriver or two!

FreyFollower
02-08-2017, 11:40 PM
I have read your Pebble Beach threads many times, Soda; and it has always brought a big smile to my face! The firsthand reports make me feel like I was there. I especially like how they shed light on Glenn as a person. It's so great that y'all got to spend that time with him.

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
I've been thinking of this all week. You can bet on the 10 year anniversary of our big day - Feb. 10 - I'm going to have a screwdriver or two!

You deserve it! I think I will have a TS or a screwdriver too at the Ultimate Eagles on Saturday night.

Just about this time 10 years ago I was registering on this message board and became a member - such a lot has happened since then but I KNOW I have met a fabulous bunch of people both as internet friends and I have even managed to meet quite a number of Borderers in the flesh, from as far away as the United States, South Africa and even Australia!!

Roey
02-10-2017, 11:28 PM
What special memories for you all. Thank you for sharing.

sodascouts
02-10-2017, 11:47 PM
Ten years ago today... hard to believe. Having a screwdriver right now, in fact.

:heart: :cry: :heart:

02-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Ten years ago today... hard to believe. Having a screwdriver right now, in fact.

:heart: :cry: :heart:

Yep - Pebble Beach has been in my thoughts all week long. Today, as I was walking to the cafeteria to get lunch, I was thinking that this time 10 years ago, we were all over the golf course scouting out a place to buy a screwdriver for Glenn. Happy times! lol

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2017, 06:40 AM
I saw something about Pebble Beach on the Sports news on the TV last night because an Irish golfer is playing there at the moment. Of course I couldn't help but think of Glenn :heart: and you guys and what a wonderful time you had there meeting him.
We were at a tribute band show on Saturday night and I tried to get a screwdriver or a TS to honour Glenn :heart: but the barman seemed to only want to serve locals. After my husband was bypassed for about the 10th time we gave up! BUT I had a lovely TS last night and drank to Glenn :heart: for Pebble beach and Valentines Day

sodascouts
02-14-2017, 07:06 PM
How I wish he'd done just one more year of Pebble.

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2017, 05:36 PM
This night 9 years ago I was lucky enough to be at the first LROOE show in London along with Mrs Frey, glenneaglesfan and my own Laura. What a wonderful show it was from start (How Long) to finish (Desperado)

sodascouts
03-21-2017, 05:03 PM
What a wonderful memory.

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2017, 05:36 PM
And not wanting to hog the limelight in this thread but this night 11 years ago was also a Sunday. I went to see my first Eagles show ever. And a certain Mr Glenn :heart: Frey came out onto stage..... from that moment I was totally hooked on him right up to when he left us. And Beyond. Unbeknown to me at the time Desperada was also in the same arena enjoying her night with the Eagles too.

sodascouts
06-12-2017, 11:15 PM
No need to apologize. I'm glad you are sharing your memories here. It makes me all warm inside because remembering the happy times is what keeps us smiling, isn't it! What a great day that was! I wish I could have been there!

Glennsallnighter
06-26-2017, 08:48 AM
And I have another memory to share. I've been thinking about this all weekend. For a lot of us there are probably only a handful of events that one thinks 'I'd give anything to be back there again'. Family events, births, marriages, starting new careers, great moments in your life.

But for me, this date 2014 would be on of those days. The night in Liverpool, the last show in the UK/IRL leg of the European tour when the guys played their heart out. You could see how much fun they were having. They were loving it. From my front row seat with Desperada I watched them jumping around the stage during LITFL like a group of young lads. I remember thinking it was hard to believe they were in their late 60s and feeling like they would go on forever.

Then to have been given the drumsticks by Scott and the guitar picks by Glenn :heart: all in the space of a few minutes. Last to leave the arena and blowing x's to Don and Glenn :heart: while they laughed with (at!) us!!

Things were good at home, my parents were well, I was starting to seriously consider a career change or partial change. Life was very good. And I had one more show in Madison Square Garden to look forward too - it too was an amazing night with Soda Dreamer, HB, HH Desperada and many others. I had a feeling it would be my last Eagles show.

After that the cracks started appearing. They got worse and worse until January 2016 and what happened then......

So if I could have frozen my life at some time in this decade it would have been this evening 3 years ago....

sodascouts
06-26-2017, 10:07 AM
Just hold on to that lovely memory and thank God you have it.

LuvTim
06-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Glennsallnighter, as I read your beautiful account, my heart was breaking. Holding back tears here.
You've been blessed with many gifts. Thank you for sharing.

Delilah
06-26-2017, 11:42 AM
What lovely memories to have GA. Did Glenn and Scott personally give you those items? Wow :faint:

Glennsallnighter
06-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Yes.

Ok this is what happened

So by LITFL the whole arena was on fire, tho I was thinking a bit like 'can't believe I won't see this again till September'. But it didn't take away from my enjoyment! After the song ended the guys were walking on the stage thanking people, nodding etc. Lots of people were calling out the guys names, or names of songs they wanted to hear. And then it happened. Glenn was just in front of us to go to the exit. I caught his eye and just called up Thank YOU' to him. He looked at me, smiled, nodded and said 'thank you' back, then he was gone. I looked at Desperada just to confirm with her that it had happened. She said yes. Then a security guy tapped me and handed me SCOTT CRAGOS DRUMSTICKS. I have NO idea why he chose to give them to me, but he did! Obviously I was on a high and being congratulated by people around me. The guys came out to do HC, and I made eye contact with Scott and mouthed up 'thank you' and started drumming off my knees. He laughed, gave me the thumbs up and I reciprocated.
Then during HC we were once again completely blown away - the 'main' security guy who I have seen at all the UK IRL shows came up to us and handed both myself and Desperada a small packet. 'Glenn Frey sent these over to you ladies'

He had sent us each over a little packet with five guitar picks in it, one from each of the lads with Eagles 2014 on the other side of each pick.

After the encores were over and the lads were once again preparing to leave the stage I managed to wave the packet at Glenn and mouth thanks to him. He was standing with Don right above us and Din pointed to the drumsticks and smiled at me. I smiled back at him, then blew them each a kiss, making them laugh before they exited the stage.

That's my last show on the European leg, and it just could not have been better.
Definitely ended on the highest note possible.

New Kid In Town
06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
GA - Wow - what beautiful memories ! You were so lucky to have those memories to cherish forever. So cool that Scott and Glenn gave you the drum sticks and guitar picks. Thank You for sharing them with us.:smile:

FreyFollower
06-27-2017, 10:39 PM
Thanks, GA, for sharing your beautiful and bittersweet memories with us. Of course , Glenn and the guys made US happy. But your story shows that thoughtful fans such as yourself brought them joy as well. How sweet to know that Glenn was watching for you, waving, and taking the time to send you a memento! Just knowing that you made him smile is a precious thing to cherish.
I would encourage all boarders to share their personal stories. For people such as myself who never got to see any of them, they are thrilling to read. I'm so glad that you have all those wonderful experiences to look back on.

shunlvswx
08-13-2017, 03:54 PM
A year ago today, Soda and I saw Joe in Memphis. This was my firs time seeing Joe and also my first time seeing an Eagle in concert. Don would followed 5 months later.

It was so fun to hang out with Soda and us seeing Memphis. Thanks for letting me hang and stay with you. I need to come up there and visit you again.

sodascouts
08-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Such a lovely time, shun! A happy memory for today. :)

sodascouts
08-16-2017, 03:14 PM
10 years ago today, Dreamer, PLS, and I got to spend a couple of hours in Glenn Frey's hotel suite with his daughter Taylor and Tommy Nixon, just talking. It was one of the best nights of my life. If you want to read the whole story in excruciating detail, go here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=321952

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. I got emotional today on the way to work, listening to the CD he gave us that night and remembering. I had to turn it off so I wouldn't be a mess when I taught my 8:00 class.

I just want to say that I will always remember Glenn Frey as not just a talented man who changed the world with his music, but a man with a big heart whose kindness went far beyond anything he was given credit for.

I shall not look upon his like again.

Brooke
08-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Soda, such and amazing and cool evening for you three! :jealous:

New Kid In Town
08-16-2017, 03:34 PM
Soda - I loved reading that when I first saw it. Gosh, you guys were so lucky. What wonderful memories to cherish always. Oh how I would have loved to have met Glenn. I am so happy you all were able to do so. Not many fans can say they met and spend time with Glenn Frey. Like Brooke said, I am :jealous: but happy you had that wonderful experience and were able to share it with us all.

groupie2686
08-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Soda, I read your account of the evening a few months ago and I couldn't believe it. You three were so lucky to have spent so much time with him. (That's putting it mildly; I feel like there aren't strong enough words in the english language). I am beyond jealous!

East Texas Girl
08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Soda, when I first read your encounter with Glenn I could not believe it. It is just so cool that you three got to meet and talk with him in that way! I have to agree with everyone else and say I am :jealous: of you all. Those are precious memories for you to treasure forever.

Thank you so much for sharing that encounter with us so that we can all can see what a nice and generous guy Glenn really was and get to see him in a different light instead of the limelight that most fans see.

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2017, 06:29 PM
I was thinking of you all and your visit with Glenn :heart: today as well. It was so wonderful to have that experience and I know you all know how lucky you were to have been able to meet him like that. Glenn :heart: Frey :iloveyou:

FreyFollower
08-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Soda, your Pebble Beach and Niagra Falls stories make my heart smile! And I think it is important that you archive them here so people can know Glenn better for the kind person that he was and how he appreciated real fans. I'm so glad that you got to spend that special time with him.

Delilah
08-17-2017, 02:39 PM
10 years ago today, Dreamer, PLS, and I got to spend a couple of hours in Glenn Frey's hotel suite with his daughter Taylor and Tommy Nixon, just talking. It was one of the best nights of my life. If you want to read the whole story in excruciating detail, go here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=321952

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. I got emotional today on the way to work, listening to the CD he gave us that night and remembering. I had to turn it off so I wouldn't be a mess when I taught my 8:00 class.

I just want to say that I will always remember Glenn Frey as not just a talented man who changed the world with his music, but a man with a big heart whose kindness went far beyond anything he was given credit for.

Wonderful, wonderful account of an amazing evening. I cannot imagine what it was like to answer the phone and hear "this is Glenn Frey." Then all the rest of it. Wow. Thank you for sharing.

WalshFan88
08-18-2017, 06:30 AM

Somehow I missed this when it was first posted. Wow is all I can say.

The more I read about the man the more it's hard for me to believe he was as evil as some made him out to be or even as I originally had thought. It's easy to be blindsided by the bad stuff.

How awesome you got to have that experience with Dreamer and PLS. :)

Brooke
10-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn. :sad:

Dawn
10-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Four years ago today I saw them for the last time on the History Tour in St. Louis. It was a fantastic show and little did I know it would be my last time to see Glenn. :sad:

Wow, on one hand I'm so glad you were there Brooke, on the other, it is hard to look back realizing it would be the last time you'd see Glenn. Thanks for posting.

Glenn Frey :heart:

YoungEaglesFan
10-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Where can I find the pebble beach story?

sodascouts
10-24-2017, 10:59 PM

That was such a fantastic tour. They went out on top.

Where can I find the pebble beach story?

Do a search in the Glenn Frey forum. There are several Pebble Beach threads. 2006, 2007, and 2008 were the years of note (especially 2007).

YoungEaglesFan
10-24-2017, 11:10 PM
That was such a fantastic tour. They went out on top.

Do a search in the Glenn Frey forum. There are several Pebble Beach threads. 2006, 2007, and 2008 were the years of note (especially 2007).

Ok, thanks!

New Kid In Town
10-24-2017, 11:22 PM

Wow, can't believe it has been four years already. Brooke, so glad you were able to go and so sad to think that tour would be the last we would have Glenn with the band.

Soda - I love those Pebble Beach stories !

WalshFan88
10-24-2017, 11:22 PM

And how cool to meet you and Molly (Sheryl)! Great memory. That was my last Eagles show and I can say it was one of the best nights of my life. It definitely topped my LROOE tour experience which wasn't great to no fault of the band, I just had crappy seats and I was in a lot of pain that night and it kinda ruined it. Though I must say, ditching the funeral suits was a wise choice for HOTE tour lol.

New Kid In Town
10-24-2017, 11:27 PM
WF - So glad they ditched those funeral suits too - lol ! JMHO, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt with a flannel shirt or button down shirt over the t-shirt kind of person.

Brooke
10-25-2017, 11:44 AM
And how cool to meet you and Molly (Sheryl)! Great memory. That was my last Eagles show and I can say it was one of the best nights of my life. It definitely topped my LROOE tour experience which wasn't great to no fault of the band, I just had crappy seats and I was in a lot of pain that night and it kinda ruined it. Though I must say, ditching the funeral suits was a wise choice for HOTE tour lol.

Yes, Austin! So glad to meet you and Sheryl! Made the night even more wonderful!

I'm glad about the suits too! :lol:

WalshFan88
10-25-2017, 10:57 PM
WF - So glad they ditched those funeral suits too - lol ! JMHO, but I'm a jeans and t-shirt with a flannel shirt or button down shirt over the t-shirt kind of person.

Yep me too.

I'm going to see the Eagles, a rock n' roll band. I'm not going to a executive business meeting nor am I going to pay respects to the dead. I'm going to rock out, party, and have fun and I want the band to do so as well. I wish I could have seen the Eagles back when they were a little more carefree and IMO as they got older, of course that went away but it also got a little too stuffy for me at times.

chaim
10-26-2017, 09:17 AM
I had missed Soda's hotel suite story too. I read it last night as a bedtime story. "This is Glenn Frey". :hilarious: It does sound like a dream. It was a great read!

Brooke
10-26-2017, 04:28 PM
I had missed Soda's hotel suite story too. I read it last night as a bedtime story. "This is Glenn Frey". :hilarious: It does sound like a dream. It was a great read!

I can't even imagine getting that call! Wonderful story!

Pippinwhite
10-27-2017, 12:49 AM
Wow, Soda! What an amazing, mind-blowing story! Like groupie, I am totally BEYOND jealous. Thank you so much for sharing it! I'm seriously afraid that, had my cell gone off and I heard, "This is Glenn Frey" on the other end, I'd have passed out in the floor for my hubs to scrape up! LOLOLOL.

Such a sweet, wonderful guy. I'm so sorry I never got a chance to see him or the Eagles play. But I'm really glad so many people have such good memories of him as a person, because those are the ones that really matter.

Magnolia
10-28-2017, 12:03 AM
Thanks Soda for the story! That just goes to show you what kind of person Glenn was. He had a heart of gold. I love hearing stories about how nice and kind Glenn was to others. Makes me love him even more.:inlove:

sodascouts
10-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I'll never forget it. It does sound like a dream - it sounds like something you fantasize about happening but know is ridiculous. I wonder if he ever even came close to realizing how much that night meant to us.

shunlvswx
10-28-2017, 01:23 PM
I know i won't get a care about this memory since its nothing special to some, but its special to me like seeing Joe for the first time and only one person commented on that.:cry:

Two years ago today, I drove to Don's hometown of Linden on my way to Missouri. I wouldn't return to Linden until this past January as I was heading to see Don for the first time in Texas. My pictures from 2 years ago are in the thread.

sodascouts
10-28-2017, 01:33 PM
Shun, don't fixate on how many comments you get. It seems like Facebook and social media have trained us to rate our memories based on how many people hit "like" or say they think what we post is cool. Our memories don't need validation. What makes our memories meaningful is what they make US feel.

That being said, visiting Linden is indeed special for a Don fan. I'm so glad you got to go!

shunlvswx
10-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Thanks. I guess I'm used to everybody commenting on their last concert or meeting. I had thought since it was Don and nobody really cares about him, I didn't think nobody would care about my memory because of that.

My My
10-28-2017, 02:54 PM
Many of us still care about Don, Shun. I always enjoy reading your posts. In fact, I read many of them while I was still a lurker around here, including your trip to Linden. It is a nice memory to have!

New Kid In Town
10-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Shun, don't fixate on how many comments you get. It seems like Facebook and social media have trained us to rate our memories based on how many people hit "like" or say they think what we post is cool. Our memories don't need validation. What makes our memories meaningful is what they make US feel.
That being said, visiting Linden is indeed special for a Don fan. I'm so glad you got to go!

Shun - I agree with Soda ! I think it is so cool that you were able to go to Linden and and see Don's home town.

Freypower
10-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks. I guess I'm used to everybody commenting on their last concert or meeting. I had thought since it was Don and nobody really cares about him, I didn't think nobody would care about my memory because of that.

That isn't true. You should not assume that some people's objections to his current activities mean that those people don't care about him. They are disappointed in him. They feel let down by him.

Feel free to post whatever you want. The people who are in favour of the current situation will be supportive of you.

chaim
10-29-2017, 03:58 AM
Indeed. Don Henley and the current band are two separate things. I wouldn't go see the band as it is now, but I would visit Linden in a heartbeat if it there was an an opportunity. Good for you!

sodascouts
10-29-2017, 09:22 PM
I've been to Linden a few times now. Even managed to scrape up my daddy's truck at the Exxon station. Definitely worth a look if you're within driving distance!

YoungEaglesFan
10-29-2017, 09:29 PM
That isn't true. You should not assume that some people's objections to his current activities mean that those people don't care about him. They are disappointed in him. They feel let down by him.

Feel free to post whatever you want. The people who are in favour of the current situation will be supportive of you.

Not that it’s inherently an issue but this app has more support for Glenn than Don. From what I’ve seen there are more devoted Glenn fans than Don fans.

Magnolia
10-30-2017, 01:45 AM
If the memory is important to you Shun, then that's all that matters. It was something that brought you happiness. I've never been to Linden but I'm sure you had a wonderful time visiting it.

Brooke
10-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Shun I really enjoyed your post about visiting Linden and I'm also still a Don fan. If I ever got near there, I would sure go!

East Texas Girl
11-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Shun, I liked your post about visiting Linden, Soda's as well. I used both of them to plan my own visit to Linden last summer. I would not mind going back to see it again as well as Caddo Lake. If anyone is planning on going again let me know, it would be great to go with another fan! :smile:

sodascouts
11-07-2017, 09:55 PM
It was brought up elsewhere that on this date 10 years ago, the Eagles played "How Long" at the CMAs.

I actually went to this with Dreamer and DonFan. It was a relatively last minute decision, but we found some tickets that were good enough for us for a reasonable price and we thought it would be so freaking cool to hear them play a song off LROOE for the first time. I drove down from West Lafayette, IN; Dreamer came in from Virginia; DonFan came up from Birmingham.

And it WAS freaking cool! The reason the tickets were affordable was because we were so close to the stage on the side that the view was obstructed - but lucky for us, we were high enough (pretty much in the rafters) that we could see over the stage wall into the area backstage, and we were on the side where the Eagles were going to come out... so who cares if my view of the other side was obstructed? I got to see EXTRA Eagles, standing behind the stage wall, before they even came out!

Wonderful times.

Dawn
11-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Wow, talk about a lucky break ... love this Soda, glad you guys could all go and had such a great time!!

My My
11-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Sounds awesome Soda. Lucky you! I guess I didn't realize that they put tickets up for sale to the general public for these types of shows. What a great memory to have.

sodascouts
11-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Sounds awesome Soda. Lucky you! I guess I didn't realize that they put tickets up for sale to the general public for these types of shows. What a great memory to have.

Well, you can't buy tickets on the floor (I don't think) and probably a lot of the better tickets are for people who work in the industry, but up in the rafters - there's no VIPs up there, lol. Power to the people! ;)

shunlvswx
01-15-2018, 12:08 AM
A year ago today. At this moment, I was sitting in the Moody Theater seeing Don in concert for the first time.

I was also in awe being at an historical building that Austin City Limits was taped. I grew up watching that show and it was soo cool to be in that building. Taking picture with a stoned statue of Willie Nelson outside the building, bumping into Scott Crago and Michael Thompson right outside the theater (that was a "in the right place at the right time moment). It was a great weekend. I also enjoyed visiting Don's hometown again and taking new pictures at places I missed the first time. I didn't want to go home after the Houston show.

Houston Baby
01-15-2018, 02:41 PM
What wonderful memories shun! And what luck bumping into Scott & Michael! :jealous:

shunlvswx
01-15-2018, 03:01 PM
It was pure luck. This what happened. It was about 6 of us and we decided let's get some drinks. Of course I wasn't going to drink because I don't drink. We went to the hotel right next door to the theater. We ended up not going to the bar. I can't remembered the reason. It was either full, they were having a private party or we had to have a reservation. I can't remembered. It was one of those reasons. It was probably the private party one.

So as we were heading out of the hotel, we bumped into Scott and Michael. They were staying at that hotel. Probably all of Don's band and probably Don too were staying at that hotel. I forgot the name of the hotel, but it looked expensive.

Scott and Michael talked to us maybe 10 to 15 minutes. I didn't get to talk to Michael, but I talked more with Scott. He introduce himself to each and every one of us. We told him our names. He was such a nice man. He is soo good looking in person. Michael didn't look tall in person. Scott kinda did.

I think they were just leaving the theater and heading back to their room. We joked about Scott's sandwich. That's all he had and he wasn't going to order room service that night. He was just going to eat his plain sandwich. No chips. No pickle. We still laugh about that today as we remembered that concert.

I'm glad I decided to go to Texas and see Don twice. I also saw my best friend who lived in Houston even though it was brief. She wasn't suppose to be in town that weekend, but her husband got sick a few days before she was going out of town for a conference and she stayed home. I'm glad I got to see her because that was one of the reasons I went to Houston. To see her and Don. Kill two birds with one stone. The reason why I went ahead and got a ticket for Austin was because she wasn't going to be home and I had to change everything around except for my trip to Linden. I was going to go to Linden that Friday, spend the night there and head out to Houston the next day, but I went to Austin instead that Saturday.

Houston Baby
01-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Sometimes things just work out perfectly, don't they? And your trip sounds like it did.:thumbsup:

New Kid In Town
01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Shun - Thanks for your great story of seeing Don in concert and the pictures you posted from your visit to Linden. So great you have that memory ! And, very cool that you got to meet Scott and Michael.

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Well as Glenn :heart: himself said as he introduced Take it Easy on the HFO DVD

'Here's where it all started'

Lansdowne Rd Dublin 11 June 2006

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/110606.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/110606.jpg.html)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Dublin.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/Dublin.jpg.html)

Desperada
06-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Hi GA thank you for remembering this concert, time flies!
Robbie Williams could have dedicated the song "Help me entertain you" for this audience, but this could be because it was a Sunday night. However every cloud has a silver lining, as this made security lapse!
We noticed people leaving their seats and moving near the stage, we followed!!
As we stood beside the people with the good seats, I was surprised to see that they were not out of their skin with excitement!
I like to think that Glenn was pleased to see enthusiastic people standing near the stage. I couldn't believe my luck and it was then that Glenn blew me a kiss and at the exact time I blew him a kiss. The lady beside me said wow as she witnessed the magic. I also think that the members of the band took pictures of the crowd at the end of the show,
This is the best think that ever happened me along with making friends with people on the Border!!

sodascouts
06-13-2018, 03:14 PM
A wonderful night for all of us as it allowed us to meet!

StephUK
07-02-2018, 09:33 PM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8021/7516903432_116ac6c980_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/csf6vj)2009 Dublin 13ii (https://flic.kr/p/csf6vj) by stephclark62 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/), on Flickr

Posted this here as I can't find the old thread for remembering past shows.

sodascouts
07-02-2018, 11:26 PM
We typically put it in a thread called "Reminiscing" here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1954 - I'll move your post in a bit but can I say - love the photo!

sodascouts
07-03-2018, 12:19 AM
The original thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1802

Happy memories.

StephUK
07-04-2018, 03:56 PM
We typically put it in a thread called "Reminiscing" here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1954 - I'll move your post in a bit but can I say - love the photo!

I chose the photo especially for the Glenn lovers!

sodascouts
07-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Thank you! ;)

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Thank you Stephanie - its beautiful. That was a great show in 2009 in DUBLIN

07-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Thanks for that awesome picture, Steph.

Today has been bittersweet for me. Three years ago tonight Soda, Houston Baby, and I were in Charlottesville, VA. at what turned out to be my last Eagles concert. Although that makes me sad, I am very grateful that we did the VIP package that night and that my last concert was in my home state with two wonderful friends.

WalshFan88
07-14-2018, 12:46 AM
Today was cleaning day in my office/bedroom and guitar/music room. Go through shelves and drawers and cupboards and organize/throw away/clean etc. Fun! ;)

I came across my tour program for both the LROOE tour and HOTE tour.

Man, I'd give anything to see the band with Glenn one more time.

For me the LROOE show (both seats and setlist) paled in comparison to the HOTE show, but when put into context, I'm so glad I got to see them together even once. In that light, the LROOE show was also wonderful and good in it's own way.

I just wish I would have taken the opportunity to see them more but they were outdoor shows that I didn't go to. I went to every Eagles show that was inside that was in driving distance (5 hours or less) except one outdoor show. I should have went to it too, in hindsight but with my health it's always a risk to do so.

However, hindsight is always 20/20. I'm glad I got to see them at all, but I wish I could have seen them more with Glenn and I wish everyone could have as well.

Houston Baby
07-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Thanks for that awesome picture, Steph.

Today has been bittersweet for me. Three years ago tonight Soda, Houston Baby, and I were in Charlottesville, VA. at what turned out to be my last Eagles concert. Although that makes me sad, I am very grateful that we did the VIP package that night and that my last concert was in my home state with two wonderful friends.

I feel the same way Dreamer. It was a wonderful night - our guys were in great form! And thanks to you & Soda, it was an awesome long birthday weekend!! I had so much fun & it will be a birthday that I never forget! :hug:

Dawn
07-16-2018, 05:10 PM
I feel the same way Dreamer. It was a wonderful night - our guys were in great form! And thanks to you & Soda, it was an awesome long birthday weekend!! I had so much fun & it will be a birthday that I never forget! :hug:

What a night indeed! This is the stuff dreams are made of. So happy for all of you that you could share such a special moment - and now memory of a lifetime.

sodascouts
10-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Five years ago today, Dreamer, Houston Baby, and I attended an Eagles show in Memphis. It was a really special show for me. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to... a wonderful night. They were really on fire and having a great time. Glenn at one point even put on an Elvis wig and did an Elvis swagger! He was adorable.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?1201-Memphis-TN-11-16-08

An unforgettable night!

10-15-2018, 01:49 PM
OMG Soda - You are so right ... what an incredible show that was. :heart: :heart: :heart: Not to mention, that we had pretty awesome seats as well.

cosec3791
10-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Five years ago today, Dreamer, Houston Baby, and I attended an Eagles show in Memphis. It was a really special show for me. It was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to... a wonderful night. They were really on fire and having a great time. Glenn at one point even put on an Elvis wig and did an Elvis swagger! He was adorable.

An unforgettable night!

Hmm. While not so in setlist.fm, the actual setlist of this show seems very different and unique. Which were the different ones done? When I search, there is not one special/unique song done.

10-15-2018, 03:33 PM
cosec - That link that Soda posted is actually not the 2013 Memphis show. Here is the link:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?4654-Fedex-Forum-Memphis-TN-10-14-2103

The setlist for this show was the same as all of the other HOTE tours. What made the concert so special to us were the fantastic seats and all of the energy and interaction from the band at this show. They were at the top of their game that night. One of our members posted a song-by-song review near the end of the thread.

longtimeeaglesfan
10-15-2018, 04:54 PM
Hard to believe it has been 5 years - That was my first opportunity to ever see the Eagles live (either as a group or solo) but have been a to a dozen of their concerts since! I managed to get a few videos from my phone from that show that I saved to a DVD - that must have been before they started cracking down on cameras! Certainly a great memory!

sodascouts
10-15-2018, 08:09 PM
My apologies for posting the wrong link!

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2018, 05:48 AM
I remember you guys telling me about that show! I'd love to have gone to it but I couldn't get off work. At least I had my chance a month later in NYC. Love those memories though

Houston Baby
10-16-2018, 12:54 PM

An unforgettable night!

That was a great show! Glenn was so cute & funny! It was one of the best shows I saw of the HOTE tour. All the guys seemed super energized, maybe the Memphis or Elvis spirit. Or the Memphis bar-b-que!!

And I loved seeing Graceland for the first time! Thank you Soda & Dreamer for being such great tour guides! We packed a lot in that weekend!

10-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Yep - Happy times, ladies!

And ltef - I never realized you were at that show. If it was your first Eagles show, you sure picked a good one!

07-07-2019, 12:11 PM
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but it was the 6th anniversary of the opening show of the History of the Eagles tour in Louisville, Kentucky. What an amazing experience it was. We had a pretty large Border gathering for the show and we had a terrific weekend. This will always stand out as one of my favorite Eagles shows ever. The excitement of seeing Bernie reunited with the band and seeing several songs performed that I had never seen before was a very emotional experience for me. That night I thought 'it just doesn't get much better than this'. I am so grateful that I got to see several more shows after this and am left with such wonderful memories of my last Eagles tour.

sodascouts
07-07-2019, 04:48 PM
I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but it was the 6th anniversary of the opening show of the History of the Eagles tour in Louisville, Kentucky. What an amazing experience it was. We had a pretty large Border gathering for the show and we had a terrific weekend. This will always stand out as one of my favorite Eagles shows ever. The excitement of seeing Bernie reunited with the band and seeing several songs performed that I had never seen before was a very emotional experience for me. That night I thought 'it just doesn't get much better than this'. I am so grateful that I got to see several more shows after this and am left with such wonderful memories of my last Eagles tour.

Oh my gosh, yes. That was an absolutely epic show. One of the most memorable of my entire life!

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2019, 05:34 AM
I remember bring up very early on the Sunday morning purely to come on here to get the set list and hear the comments from yoou guys who had been to it. I think it was the best offering the Eagles ever put out as a show. Glenn :heart:'s star certainly rose to its zenith on this. Pity it just burst at that point instead of having the chance to fall gracefully later on.

Houston Baby
07-08-2019, 08:37 AM

That was a GREAT weekend!!! I can also remember the excitement building up to the show. I don't think I ate hardly anything at our dinner prior to the show, I was so excited. But it was a fabulous time with everyone before and after the show. And the concert was absolutely perfect! The guys had everything nailed down and sounded amazing! Such a blessing to be at the first concert of HOTE.

Of course, my highlight of the weekend was seeing Glenn in the hotel lobby prior to the show with his hair wet. That image is burned into my mind - talk about sexy!!:smitten::faint::smitten:

I do have to thank the Borderers there that made me feel welcome at my first Border gathering! Little did I know at that time that it was the first of many, many EAGLES adventures and beautiful friendships .
Love you guys! :grouphug:

Brooke
07-08-2019, 03:00 PM
HB, awesome! I didn't remember that you saw Glenn in the lobby! :cool:

Houston Baby
07-09-2019, 01:12 PM
HB, awesome! I didn't remember that you saw Glenn in the lobby! :cool:

I will NEVER forget! LOL!
His hair looked freshly shampooed, it was wet and it was so wavy! And with his sunglasses on, he was runway ready!!

CAinOH
07-09-2019, 01:31 PM
His hair looked freshly shampooed, it was wet and it was so wavy! And with his sunglasses on, he was runway ready!!

Now how am I supposed to work with that image in my mind? Sheesh!

8-)

Brooke
07-09-2019, 01:51 PM

:lol:

What a vision! :sigh: :inlove::smitten: :smokin: :faint::thud:

And finally, :mrgreen:

Sooooooo wish I'd been there with you!

Brooke
07-09-2019, 01:51 PM

8-)

Exactly! :lol:

Houston Baby
07-10-2019, 08:13 AM

8-)

Yes, reminiscing I had to take a break from work! :woah: :laugh:

Houston Baby
07-10-2019, 08:21 AM
:lol:

What a vision! :sigh: :inlove::smitten: :smokin: :faint::thud:

And finally, :mrgreen:

Sooooooo wish I'd been there with you!

Me too Brooke!
I was soooo excited I had to call someone and I knew the only people who would appreciate this was fellow Borderers. ;) I was new to this site and the only phone number that I had was for Henley Honey so she got the call. I remember my heart was beating @ 200 beats a minute! :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2019, 09:27 AM

How is anyone even able to FOCUS with an image like that in their heads. Must have been pure magic :smitten::smitten::smitten:

07-13-2019, 09:27 PM
I gotta agree about Houston Baby's description of seeing Glenn fresh out of the shower is rather distracting. :twisted:

On another note, this is a very bittersweet day for me. On this day in 2015, I saw my last Eagles show in Charlottesville, Va. It was a wonderful show and Soda and Houston Baby came to visit me and go to the show. It was extra special because we did VIP that night and also celebrated Houston Baby's birthday. I've been thinking about the show a lot the past few days. It is personally significant to me that my first and last Eagles shows were both in my home state.

shunlvswx
08-13-2019, 09:06 AM
3 years ago today, I drove to the northeastern part of my state to meet Soda. We went to see Joe at the Mud Island Ampitheatre in Memphis. We had such a great time. We went to a record store, ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, went to a museum where we saw a few Eagles memorabilia and of course we saw the man himself, Joe Walsh. That was my first time seeing Joe in concert. Of course I would see his bandmate, Don Henley 5 months later in Texas, but that's another story. LOL

Soda. It was great to finally meet you and have somebody from the board in my state. I need to come up there and visit you sometimes. I know I've been saying that years. LOL One weekend I will make time.

Brooke
08-13-2019, 02:07 PM
The 13th is a very good day for Eagles sightings, it seems, although I completely forgot to post about my JULY 13th, 2002 Eagles show in Ames, Iowa! It was the first time since the 70s for me and my husband to see them and we managed 3rd row tickets in front of Timothy! I was in heaven all night long as we had wanted to see them again soooooo bad and to be that close was pretty much unbelievable for us! It was called "An Evening with the Eagles" and it was fabulous! A dream come true for, really, both of us! We had always loved them and never dreamed we'd get to see them live, in concert again. By this time we were actually able to afford it and not be in the nosebleed section! Wonderful, wonderful memory! :heart:

08-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Wow, Brooke - Thanks for sharing this. I just love reading about everyone's special Eagles memories in this thread. It's amazing how we still remember special dates.

:shh: Let's not mention that this was nearly 20 years ago.

Brooke
08-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Wow, Brooke - Thanks for sharing this. I just love reading about everyone's special Eagles memories in this thread. It's amazing how we still remember special dates.

:shh: Let's not mention that this was nearly 20 years ago.

I hadn't even thought about that! :shh: :lol:

Glennsallnighter
08-15-2019, 11:33 AM
The 13th is a very good day for Eagles sightings, it seems, although I completely forgot to post about my JULY 13th, 2002 Eagles show in Ames, Iowa! It was the first time since the 70s for me and my husband to see them and we managed 3rd row tickets in front of Timothy! I was in heaven all night long as we had wanted to see them again soooooo bad and to be that close was pretty much unbelievable for us! It was called "An Evening with the Eagles" and it was fabulous! A dream come true for, really, both of us! We had always loved them and never dreamed we'd get to see them live, in concert again. By this time we were actually able to afford it and not be in the nosebleed section! Wonderful, wonderful memory! :heart:

Wow Brooke, wonderful memory, and isnt it amazing how we even remember where we were sitting during those shows!!

sodascouts
08-15-2019, 09:48 PM
3 years ago today, I drove to the northeastern part of my state to meet Soda. We went to see Joe at the Mud Island Ampitheatre in Memphis. We had such a great time. We went to a record store, ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, went to a museum where we saw a few Eagles memorabilia and of course we saw the man himself, Joe Walsh. That was my first time seeing Joe in concert. Of course I would see his bandmate, Don Henley 5 months later in Texas, but that's another story. LOL

Soda. It was great to finally meet you and have somebody from the board in my state. I need to come up there and visit you sometimes. I know I've been saying that years. LOL One weekend I will make time.

Maybe we could meet in the middle sometime! Let me know if you ever get up further north.

sodascouts
08-15-2019, 09:50 PM

Sounds like it was a great night! After all those years... what a special time!

08-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Well today marks the date of my most special Eagles experience ever. It was on this night in 2007 that Soda, PLS, and I attended Glenn's solo show in Niagara Falls and got to hang out with him, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after the show. We attended a second show the following night and he dedicated a song to us. A trip I will forever cherish. So hard to believe it was 12 years ago.

sodascouts
08-18-2019, 06:27 PM
Well today marks the date of my most special Eagles experience ever. It was on this night in 2007 that Soda, PLS, and attended Glenn's solo show in Niagara Falls and got to hang out with him, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after the show. We attended a second show the following night and he dedicated a song to us. A trip I will forever cherish. So hard to believe it was 12 years ago.

I was just thinking about that today. Oh, we were so freaking lucky. A memory to cherish indeed.

Glennsallnighter
08-21-2019, 09:08 AM
I was thinking of you guys too. What a brilliant experience that was. Definitely one to cherish. And this time 8 years ago I was just getting ready to go on my journey to see my first Solo Glenn :heart: Frey concert in Niagara Falls. Of course I was alos looking forward to meeting in person so many people who I had interacted with on the Border for so many years too.

08-21-2019, 11:02 AM
I was so glad to meet you, GA and have you for a 'roomie'. That was a fun trip too and glad we've had a few others after that.

sodascouts
08-21-2019, 11:23 PM
I can't believe that was eight years ago!!

Brooke
10-24-2019, 04:18 PM
Six years ago (?????) I saw the Eagles (the REAL Eagles) in St. Louis for the HOTE Tour. Wow, how time flies!

It was a fabulous show! :sigh:

sodascouts
10-25-2019, 12:44 AM
Wow, six years ago. Hard to believe!

10-25-2019, 09:24 PM
I absolutely loved the HOTE tour, too - the best shows I've ever seen. The only thing that could have made it better is if Randy and Felder could have been a part of it. But, that was not to be. However, I'm sure those of us that were fortunate enough to get to see one or more of these shows will be forever grateful.

UndertheWire
11-06-2019, 11:22 AM
It's exactly six years since I saw Eagles for the first time live. Although I did manage a second show the following summer, the first was the magic one. It was only 40 years since I first wanted to see them. And yes, it was Glenn's 65th birthday.

shunlvswx
01-14-2020, 09:08 PM
3 years ago today, I drove to Texas to see Don in concert for the first time in Austin and Sugarland(Houston), TX. I also visit his hometown while I was in Texas. I also met (or in this case bumped) Scott Crago and Michael Thompson after the show.

It was a great show and a great 4 day weekend.

sodascouts
01-15-2020, 02:10 AM
I know that was a fun weekend, shun. I still plan on hopping back to Linden again one of these days and checking out that gas station display you found!

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2020, 06:43 AM
Our Glenn :heart: commemoration was this time 3 years ago. Hard to believe its that long since Soda, Dreamer, HB, Brooke and I did our Eagles/Glenn:heart: commemoration in LA.

My My
01-15-2020, 09:36 AM
Our Glenn :heart: commemoration was this time 3 years ago. Hard to believe its that long since Soda, Dreamer, HB, Brooke and I did our Eagles/Glenn:heart: commemoration in LA.

That sounds like a bittersweet trip, GA. It's great that you got to do it surrounded by friends. I'm sure it made things much easier.

shunlvswx
01-15-2020, 09:59 AM
I know that was a fun weekend, shun. I still plan on hopping back to Linden again one of these days and checking out that gas station display you found!

I'm thinking about going to Linden (Caddo Lake) in February. I'm on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm going on a cruise, heading to Florida to see a friend of mines and Atlanta. So I might swing over to Linden again. I really want to see Caddo Lake.

Houston Baby
01-15-2020, 02:16 PM

For a short trip, we sure did pack a lot of sightseeing into it and made some great memories. Laurel Canyon, Laurel Canyon Country Store, Echo Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Dana Tana's, the Troubadour, meeting Jack Tempchin, etc. etc. Very special memories......

Brooke
01-15-2020, 02:48 PM
For a short trip, we sure did pack a lot of sightseeing into it and made some great memories. Laurel Canyon, Laurel Canyon Country Store, Echo Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Dana Tana's, the Troubadour, meeting Jack Tempchin, etc. etc. Very special memories......

I was just about to come here and mention this! Cannot believe it's been 3 years now! What a great time we had, although bittersweet too. Hugs to all of you!

01-18-2020, 01:19 PM
Very cool memories, shun. I hope to get to Linden one day, but, it has always been too far out of the way whenever I went to Texas.

And GA - thanks for the reminder about our Glenn pilgrimage in L.A. And, yes, it was bittersweet - it was very sad at times, but in the end, it also helped the healing. I'm very grateful to have been able to share this trip with some of my wonderful Eagles friends. :grouphug: Maybe we'll be able to do another trip someday.

edwardd19
02-13-2020, 04:08 PM
https://www.instagram.com/eaglesbandpage/?hl=en

sodascouts
02-15-2020, 07:15 PM
https://www.instagram.com/eaglesbandpage/?hl=en

This thread is for telling about past concert or Eagles-related experiences. If you want to share a particular video, there's a thread for that.

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2020, 07:24 PM
Just this time 11 years ago the LROOE tour came to Ireland and I was lucky enough to get to both the Belfast and Dublin shows. So I was looking back over my reviews of both shows this evening. It was bittersweet, They were wonderful shows, and I met wonderful people at them as well as later shows, but so much has happened in the intervening years that makes me sad. looking back those days seemed so uncomplicated! I'm grateful for the friends I have made as a result of loving this band. That is now probably the best thing.

sodascouts
07-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Ah, but such days to treasure, GA!!

07-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Yep GA - I agree. Although there are times that are bittersweet when I reminisce about past Eagles shows, fortunately I am able to look back at most of them with gratitude and joy. I feel so lucky that I was able to experience so many shows with many wonderful people, but, I also feel sadness knowing that those days are over for me. But, that doesn't mean the memories and friendships are over.

shunlvswx
08-13-2020, 07:56 PM
4 years ago today, Soda and I drove up to Memphis to see Joe in concert. I can't believe it’s been 4 years.

08-16-2020, 10:33 AM
Very cool experience, shun. It's always special when you get to share Eagles experiences with another Borderer.

And speaking of that, I can't let this day pass without acknowledging my most special Eagles experience ever (and trust me, I've been fortunate enough to have had many special experiences with my Eagles friends). But, the most memorable ever was the night of Thursday, 8/16/07 when Soda, PLS, and I got to hang out with Glenn, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after a solo show in Niagara Falls. The memories of that trip are almost as vivid now as they were 13 years ago. It's so hard to believe that Glenn and Tommy are both gone now.

sodascouts
08-16-2020, 11:38 PM
An unforgettable evening, to say the least!

One of the greatest nights of my entire life.

I miss Glenn.

FreyFollower
08-17-2020, 09:35 PM
What a beautiful memory to cherish. Truly an amazing thing to do for some dedicated fans...I'm glad you shared your experience with us.

Brooke
08-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Very cool experience, shun. It's always special when you get to share Eagles experiences with another Borderer.

And speaking of that, I can't let this day pass without acknowledging my most special Eagles experience ever (and trust me, I've been fortunate enough to have had many special experiences with my Eagles friends). But, the most memorable ever was the night of Thursday, 8/16/07 when Soda, PLS, and I got to hang out with Glenn, his daughter, and Tommy Nixon after a solo show in Niagara Falls. The memories of that trip are almost as vivid now as they were 13 years ago. It's so hard to believe that Glenn and Tommy are both gone now.

I can't even imagine! I'd have died, probably in the room if I made it that far! :heart: