PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game: Eagles Trivial Pursuit

sodascouts
10-05-2009, 05:27 AM
OK, guys, we’re experimenting with a new game – Eagles Trivial Pursuit! We just came up with this one so it may have some kinks. Please be patient!

This game will have a prize – a copy of Tim’s new CD Expando, kindly donated by Ive always been a dreamer! (If you've already ordered this CD, play anyway - you can always give your extra copy to someone else).

Setup of the game: In case you're not familiar with Trivial Pursuit, here’s how the game’s set up. There are 6 categories with 6 questions on each card, one per category. Each category is represented by a different color. If you get that question right, you get a wedge of that color. The object of the game is to correctly answer one question from each category and end up with six colored wedges. The first player to obtain all 6 wedges will be the winner.

Rules: I will post one “card” of six questions every other day. I will not always post the card at the same time of day, so keep checking back! (This is to give people in different time zones equal chances to be first.)

The first person to answer a question correctly from a category gets that color wedge. You can only answer one of the questions on each “card.” If a person has already answered a category’s question correctly for that card, you must choose one of the other questions to answer. For instance, if one person answers the pink question on the card correctly, someone else can still try to answer a question from one of the other color categories. This continues until each category’s questions have been answered or until the round is over, whichever comes first. Thus, up to six people can gain a color wedge per round. On the other hand, no single person will be able to get more than one color wedge per round.

When you answer a question correctly, I’ll put that color wedge in your pie located next to your name in the initial post. That way everyone can see each player’s progress. For instance, if you get a pink question right, I’ll have this image next to your name:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/piepinksmall.jpg

If you then get a green question right, this image is next to your name:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/piepinkgreensmall.jpg

And so on and so forth until you get this:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/wholepiesmall.jpg

Here are the categories:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/eaglescardsmall.jpg
Blue: Eagles
Pink: Glenn Frey
Yellow: Don Henley
Brown: Joe Walsh
Green: Timothy B. Schmit
Orange: Former Eagles

We’ll start Tuesday. Hopefully everybody will play!

Of course, if the game bombs, we won't do this one again. lol

Prettymaid
10-05-2009, 07:20 AM
This sounds very challenging and fun! Thanks Soda and Dreamer for coming up with it.

TimothyBFan
10-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Wow Soda---Sounds like a lot of work for you and Dreamer and it must of been quite difficult to get it all organized. Kudos to you for so much time and effort! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not-I have never actually played this game so forgive me in advance if I majorly screw up here! But I will give it a shot.

lynnzop
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Sounds like fun!!

luvthelighthouse
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Sounds like fun, even if there wasn't a prize at the end.

Koala
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Sounds great! Thanks Soda and Dreamer for your work for this game.
Trivial Pursuit was one of my favorite game as a child!

GlennLover
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Very inventive. I was addicted to Trivial Pursuit when it first came out. I've always loved trivia. You gals have done a lot of work to set this up!

Brooke
10-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I always liked TP, too, and will give it a shot! :thumbsup:

ticky
10-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I used to be really good at this game.. *G* but Im getting old, still I'll give it my best :)

Wildthyme
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I am a trivia junkie so this sounds like fun to me!

Troubadour
10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Ooh! I only ever play Trivial Pursuit on Christmas Day, on the living room floor, with several drunk uncles and aunts... so this will make a nice change. (I might even know some of the answers this time.)

Thanks for putting such effort into these things, guys. We appreciate it!

Freypower
10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
How appropriate that Glenn's colour is pink. ;)

I used to be good at TP except for the 'science & nature' questions. Hopefully I should do reasonably well at this version. Great idea.

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes indeed FP! I'm delighted Glenn :heart:'s colour is pink. I used to play a lot of TP in the nineties and I also have an 80's version.

I hope it goes well. Sounds great!

sodascouts
10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Glad to see this is getting such a good response! I'll start a new thread for it tomorrow morning.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments - I appreciate them. I came up with a few ideas and suggestions, but as usual, Soda is the one that did all the real work for this. Hopefully, everyone will find it to be fun.