PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Freypower
08-17-2009, 03:02 AM
I heard this last night on the radio, and was quite excited about our guys! I'm glad you found the article to post. Quite a few reminded me of our "Greatest Rock Band of all Time" thread.

I like Carrie a lot. Definitely know that Garth is very popular, though I couldn't name a song off the top of my head. I'm sure I would recognize some of them though. Johnny Cash, though...no way...can't stand him--he's got to be from the 65 and up club.

I am a huge fan of Cash's work. I recommend The Essential Johnny Cash. It contains such classics as Ring Of Fire, Folsom Prison Blues, Jackson, Ghost Riders In The Sky, I Walk The Line, The Man In Black, a couple of Dylan covers, The Wanderer (with U2), Sunday Morning Coming Down, The Ballad Of Ira Hayes, Don't Take Your Guns To Town,etc. String soaked sentimental country music it isn't. It's raw and direct.

Brooke
08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Great!

Fp, over here, everything Carrie Underwood sings hits number one on the country charts and stays there for weeks, it seems. She really has a great voice. imo! I got to see her with Keith Urban last spring and she was great. Her and Keith did Stop Draggin' My Heart Around together and did an excellent job!

Edited to add: ( I need to read all the posts, before I post!)

Love Johnny Cash-what a great American country icon!

Garth was really big here a few years ago, but I got tired of him.

Prettymaid
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
America thinks well of the dead I guess. 2 of the 4 Beatles are gone, Johnny Cash,Michael Jackson and Elvis are gone. Eagles are the only ones in the top 5 that are all still among the living.

Oh AZ, didn't you hear? They're executing Joe Walsh. ;-)

AzEaglesFan
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
PM, you don't want to go there with me, lol, I just didn't get the humor in that "news item" But I have to admit that when I read the story that someone from here posted I did find it funny. I'm sorry I don't remember who wrote it and I'm to lazy to go back and dig out who it was, but they did a good job.

AmarilloByMorning
08-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Excuse me? Elton, too much to hope for? :fight:
Doesn't it just seem... I don't know, beneath him? He's basically royalty. Why would he want to play at the Super Bowl? His songs are so intricate. But I suppose this is why I'm a horse racing afficionado, not a football'er (or American footballer, or however I can politely acknowledge that people outside the US are reading this forum - I'm more than happy to refer to it as "the useless sport" but that's just me).

PM, you don't want to go there with me, lol, I just didn't get the humor in that "news item" But I have to admit that when I read the story that someone from here posted I did find it funny. I'm sorry I don't remember who wrote it and I'm to lazy to go back and dig out who it was, but they did a good job.

:rockon:
I do, however, apologize if I offended you.

EagleLady
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Doesn't it just seem... I don't know, beneath him? He's basically royalty. Why would he want to play at the Super Bowl? His songs are so intricate. But I suppose this is why I'm a horse racing afficionado, not a football'er (or American footballer, or however I can politely acknowledge that people outside the US are reading this forum - I'm more than happy to refer to it as "the useless sport" but that's just me).

I love the Super Bowl what's wrong with it?

eaglesvet
08-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Great!

Fp, over here, everything Carrie Underwood sings hits number one on the country charts and stays there for weeks, it seems. She really has a great voice. imo! I got to see her with Keith Urban last spring and she was great. Her and Keith did Stop Draggin' My Heart Around together and did an excellent job!

Edited to add: ( I need to read all the posts, before I post!)

Love Johnny Cash-what a great American country icon!

Garth was really big here a few years ago, but I got tired of him.

I would have loved to have seen Keith and Carrie together! And that song would've been great!!

eaglesvet
08-17-2009, 08:07 PM

Now you're talking! My absolute favorite sporting day of the year is the first Saturday in May...Derby Day! I've been to each of the Triple Crown Races; but alas, only once each (and not in the same year, luckily...) I make it a point as many summers as I can to get to the beautiful Saratoga Springs (NY) Race Track for at least one or two days. Nothing finer!

However, although I certainly don't mind the Super Bowl, I don't personally pay it as much attention as the rest of my family does. Oh, except for this past winter when Bruce and the E Streeters were the Emmy-nominated half-time extravaganza...now, that was something that caught my eye (and ear)! :band:

AmarilloByMorning
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I love the Super Bowl what's wrong with it? Nothing, I suppose, if you like football. Lots of drunk men cheering on other men intent upon physically assaulting one another isn't my idea of entertainment, but whatever makes you happy.

Now you're talking! My absolute favorite sporting day of the year is the first Saturday in May...Derby Day! I've been to each of the Triple Crown Races; but alas, only once each (and not in the same year, luckily...) I make it a point as many summers as I can to get to the beautiful Saratoga Springs (NY) Race Track for at least one or two days. Nothing finer!
:bow: I would seriously consider sacrificing several decades from my lifespan for the opportunity to experience a Derby! During Breyerfest I toured Churchill Downs, the year Silver Charm won... what an experience to stand beside the track across which so many legends have thundered! (Except Big Red, of course.) I'm so jealous you're able to visit Saratoga regularly. And I must wholeheartedly concur - the First Saturday in May crowns all. I wish Zenyatta could have attempted the Triple Crown this year, but her Oaks performance was truly remarkable.

EagleLady
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Nothing, I suppose, if you like football. Lots of drunk men cheering on other men intent upon physically assaulting one another isn't my idea of entertainment, but whatever makes you happy.

:bow: I would seriously consider sacrificing several decades from my lifespan for the opportunity to experience a Derby! During Breyerfest I toured Churchill Downs, the year Silver Charm won... what an experience to stand beside the track across which so many legends have thundered! (Except Big Red, of course.) I'm so jealous you're able to visit Saratoga regularly. And I must wholeheartedly concur - the First Saturday in May crowns all. I wish Zenyatta could have attempted the Triple Crown this year, but her Oaks performance was truly remarkable.

you have the idea of football all wrong. It's merely a sport of competitiveness, and athleticism.

AzEaglesFan
08-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone with a name like AmarilloByMorning(one of my favorite George Strait songs) could never offend me. Plus I am all in favor of everyone feeling free to speak their minds. That is one of the many reasons that I love reading all the posts on The Border because people here do feel that they can "tell it as they see it". :thumbsup:

AmarilloByMorning
08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Anyone with a name like AmarilloByMorning(one of my favorite George Strait songs) could never offend me. Plus I am all in favor of everyone feeling free to speak their minds. That is one of the many reasons that I love reading all the posts on The Border because people here do feel that they can "tell it as they see it". :thumbsup:
Isn't he fabulous?! (Insert icon with stupid, dreamy expression here.) I'm listening to Twang right now - it has officially claimed precedence over Eagles Radio for the time being. And ABM is one of my favorites, as well... obviously...

I'm positively gleeful to meet another Strait fan! Here's to you! :cool: What's your favorite album? Did you see the CMA Artist of the Decade induction ceremony? (I apologize for pouncing; nobody in Illinois will admit to liking him....)

AzEaglesFan
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Like the members of Eagles, Sir George is VERY easy on the eyes for a guy over 50. Love his music and his newest CD is always my favorite. :partytime:

sodascouts
08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Love him, too. Let's make a thread for him in the Singing for the Sake of the Song forum.

GlennLover
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Eagles have reached a new chart accomplishment. See Billboard article here: http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/chart-beat-wednesday-linkin-park-eagles-1004004746.story#/column/chartbeat/chart-beat-wednesday-linkin-park-eagles-1004004746.story.

Congrats to our guys! I was wondering the other day how well the songs from LROOE had done in the charts.

sodascouts
08-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes, congrats to the Eagles! I didn't realize their songs were doing so well on the Adult Contemporary charts.

More videos, please! ;)

AmarilloByMorning
08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Like the members of Eagles, Sir George is VERY easy on the eyes for a guy over 50.
Hahaha, one of my coworkers mentioned the other day that he might finally be ready to marry when he was 60 and "nobody was interested anymore anyway." I interjected, "You'll have to push that up to 80, because the Eagles are still cute." So now they're calling me the anti-cougar and offering to set me up with Willie Nelson. :roll:

Am I the only one who doesn't like "No More Cloudy Days"? Glad they're still ruling the roost, though!

sodascouts
08-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I daresay there are those who agree with you, ABM, but I heard it just the other day. Its beautiful melody and sincere vocal made me smile and lifted my mood.

It doesn't hurt that those are all things I wish a guy would say to ME!

AmarilloByMorning
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
True, true. I should offer a disclaimer: any song I "don't like" by the Eagles is still preferrable to anything else on the radio at the moment, so... it's all relative. And it does induce a smile to hear their distinctive sound, so I really ought to keep my trap shut in the future. Open mouth, insert foot...

Also, did anyone read the most recent Rolling Stone about "Why the Beatles really disbanded"? The parallels were almost uncanny, with Lennon (initiated the band, felt controlled, stepped back, veered solo) echoing Frey and McCartney/Henley (stepped up, always driving to produce, demanding quality, instigating resentment with well-meaning attempts to control) parallels. I do apologize if I offend anyone with this statement; but, they did set out to become the American Beatles, so...

sodascouts
08-24-2009, 07:18 PM
True, true. I should offer a disclaimer: any song I "don't like" by the Eagles is still preferrable to anything else on the radio at the moment, so... it's all relative. And it does induce a smile to hear their distinctive sound, so I really ought to keep my trap shut in the future. Open mouth, insert foot...

Aw, don't be so skittish! Around here folks disagree with no hard feelings... well, unless you tell them "Anybody who likes NMCD is a loser with no taste!" THEN, a few people might get pissed off. ;)

Also, did anyone read the most recent Rolling Stone about "Why the Beatles really disbanded"? The parallels were almost uncanny, with Lennon (initiated the band, felt controlled, stepped back, veered solo) echoing Frey and McCartney/Henley (stepped up, always driving to produce, demanding quality, instigating resentment with well-meaning attempts to control) parallels. I do apologize if I offend anyone with this statement; but, they did set out to become the American Beatles, so...I haven't read it, but I can see what you're saying. It's ironic because usually people make the opposite comparison - Lennon/Henley: More serious, more introverted, more concerned about what they want to say than what people want to hear; McCartney/Frey: More light-hearted, more interested in making music that people will enjoy rather than using it to teach them a lesson. Of course such comparisons are reductive stereotypes, but they're interesting to discuss.

Freypower
08-24-2009, 11:15 PM
In terms of the way the Eagles operated, I think the Lennon - Frey and McCartney - Henley parallel is apt, in this case. I don't know about Henley and 'well meaning attempts to control' though. Even at the height of the period when he was singing most of the songs he still had to defer to Glenn in the end.

AmarilloByMorning
08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Aw, don't be so skittish! Around here folks disagree with no hard feelings... well, unless you tell them "Anybody who likes NMCD is a loser with no taste!" THEN, a few people might get pissed off.
I am skittish! The horses who flee danger live the longest, and with the most pronounced enjoyment.

When did the Eagles become "easy listening" (according to Sirius radio)? Have they not listened to "Those Shoes"? That song scared the hell out of me. I still have a hard time wearing heels. Whether that aversion derives from a genuine affinity for not toppling over on a regular basis or from the unconscious ramificaitons of the song's atmosphere are open to speculation. But how did Jimmy Buffet get his very own category (he's the only example provided for "beach music") while the Eagles are lumped with elevator music? Whoops, I mean Celine Dion. [How's that for not skittish?]

It's ironic because usually people make the opposite comparison - Lennon/Henley: More serious, more introverted, more concerned about what they want to say than what people want to hear; McCartney/Frey: More light-hearted, more interested in making music that people will enjoy rather than using it to teach them a lesson. Of course such comparisons are reductive stereotypes, but they're interesting to discuss.
People tend to gauge from the vast swatches of color their respective personalities have been reduced to. Knowing nothing of the Beatles (sorry!) and having no preconceived notions about any of them (except how much I personally dislike both "Imagine" and "Hey Jude"), ingesting an observation of their inner workings for the first time prompted immediate parallels. The one standout was that Harrison was the one who played the Henley role of wanting every track to sound perfect, spending hours mixing this or that.

But I think Frey's very interested in teaching people a lesson, actually. "Go home to your girl, get laid and lighten up" is a very laudable commandment to impart upon a generation ingesting tracks with such commendable implications as "go out, vent your anger by stabbing someone, have your way with a few random women and keep your apathy about everything at a simmer." But that's just my interpetation of the world I suppose.

In terms of the way the Eagles operated, I think the Lennon - Frey and McCartney - Henley parallel is apt, in this case. I don't know about Henley and 'well meaning attempts to control' though. Even at the height of the period when he was singing most of the songs he still had to defer to Glenn in the end.
Actually they made a point of that in the article... McCartney (Long Run-era Henley) would want everyone to push and produce because they had a legacy to uphold and deadlines to meet, then the rest of the band would feel controlled, so he would back off in frustration because Lennon (Frey) was ultimately the herd stallion. Not to employ horse terminology again. :)

Ive always been a dreamer
08-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Well I am both an Eagles fan and a Beatles fan, so I think this is an interesting discussion. Like Soda, I often draw the comparison between Lennon/Henley and McCartney/Frey based strictly on their personality traits. However, I very much agree that when you talk about their roles in their respective bands, the comparison of Lennon/Frey and McCartney/Henley is more applicable.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Glenn relinquished a lot of control to Don as the 70’s progressed. Even now, I believe that most of the band decisions are made jointly between them. However, I do also believe that Glenn is the band’s ultimate decision-maker if ‘push comes to shove’ - or as Soda says “It’s the Frey way or the highway”. For whatever reasons, Glenn has always seemed to have less of a personal need to continue the band than the others.

ABM, I agree with your comment about Frey being interested in teaching a lesson with his music as much as Henley, although I prefer to call it conveying a message. It’s just that he takes a more light-hearted and subtle approach with both the tone and content of his message as opposed to Don’s more blatant and direct style and heavier subject matter. Even with the Strange Weather album where Glenn tackled the heavier subject matters, his tone and delivery were generally more subdued than Don’s with a few exceptions. Now, given their personalities (extroverted, blatant Glenn vs. introverted, subdued Don), you would think the opposite would be true. I figure this is why artists use their music to communicate – they are able to express themselves or say things thru their music that they can’t ordinarily say.

Freypower
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
If as you say Glenn is 'extroverted and blatant' as opposed to Don who is 'introverted and subdued' why then does Don do all the interviews and sometimes put his point of view across in an extremely 'take no prisoners' way? Glenn, meanwhile, is silent or extremely cagy in what he says. I think on the whole Don is perhaps a more introverted, thoughtful person than Glenn but sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

AmarilloByMorning
08-26-2009, 04:45 PM
If as you say Glenn is 'extroverted and blatant' as opposed to Don who is 'introverted and subdued' why then does Don do all the interviews and sometimes put his point of view across in an extremely 'take no prisoners' way? Glenn, meanwhile, is silent or extremely cagy in what he says. I think on the whole Don is perhaps a more introverted, thoughtful person than Glenn but sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

Don always claims to be shy and introverted but I'm beginning to suspect it's a mystique he has either acquired or specifically adopted. I'm supposedly 100% introverted according to Myers-Briggs (though that very admission seems contrary to the statistic) and would never, ever, ever disclose something so personal as the circumstances surrounding my father's death to a reporter, even if it colored every aspect of my existence, comprised the sole inspiration for all my songwriting, and would be immensely useful to convey a point. He has an ironclad opinion on everything, which he dispenses at will. There's a difference between having an aversion to standing onstage all alone and having an innate reluctance to engage with others for fear of criticism/critique/rebuke - he seems to lack the latter, which is a cornerstone of shyness. Also note that he has shared a great deal of his life with reporters, biographers and, well, random passerby, whereas we know next to nothing about Glenn's personal life. Perhaps Don was a shy little boy in Texas, but he certainly grew out of it to boast about having the prettiest girl in town on his arm (which, contrary to what movies would have you believe, almost never happens unless you're outgoing enough to approach and win her in the first place). Perhaps he enjoyed hiding behind the drums initially, but his stage fright seems to have abated. He can say whatever he wants, but there's a difference between enjoying trees and being introverted, and a crucial distinction between stage fright and shyness. On the Glenn end, I don't regard him as extroverted at all; certainly not introverted, but he's not running around spewing opinions and personal details, either. I think a lot of his "blatant" comments are meant to be humorous and people just receive them in the wrong manner. I've always considered him the gentler of the two when it comes to relationships, because for all his vociferous allegations of this, that or the other thing, he sure was quick to settle down when he found the right woman, and didn't use her as a marketing tool ("look at me, I got married to prove I'm a great guy"). Then again, I could be completely biased, given his comment about learning everything of import except music from women versus Don's RS admittance that he's never fallen in love with someone who wasn't absolutely gorgeous.

...Wow. Not sure where all that came from; it just kind of oozed out. Must be a Freudian something-or-other. Not going to proofread it in case there's something worth noting involved that I'll (in my shyness) panic and edit out.

08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
The confusion in misreading my comments here is a very common one. As someone who is certified to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator Personality Test, I have run into this many times where people often have misconceptions about introverts and extroverts - especially introverts . People tend to equate introversion with shyness and a desire for privacy all the time, and that is not always the case. All introverts are not shy or private. Introversion and extraversion stems more from where an individual derives there energy from. Here is an article and a link that describes it better than I can.

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/extraversion-or-introversion.asp

Based on my training and observations, IMO, Don would definitely be considered an introvert and Glenn appears to be an extravert. However, I'm not entirely convinced about Glenn. He could be borderline with tendencies of both. But regardless of where he falls on the scale, I do believe he is much more extraverted than Don is.

Freypower
08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I've always considered him the gentler of the two when it comes to relationships, because for all his vociferous allegations of this, that or the other thing, he sure was quick to settle down when he found the right woman, and didn't use her as a marketing tool ("look at me, I got married to prove I'm a great guy"). Then again, I could be completely biased, given his comment about learning everything of import except music from women versus Don's RS admittance that he's never fallen in love with someone who wasn't absolutely gorgeous.

I agree with a great deal of what you say here. But you seem to be referring to Don's reasons for getting married here. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's an extremely harsh statement.

And Dreamer, thank you for the extrovert/introvert clarification.

sodascouts
08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Dreamer, your post about extroverts vs. introverts is very interesting! I think I must be right on the line. I love to talk to people and often get energized in a crowd. As you know, I will engage people I don't even know in conversation, especially if they look bored, lol. However, there are many times when I just want to be left alone and not worry about being entertaining, funny, attentive, considerate, etc.

But let me stop talking about myself and go to ABM's post, which I find very interesting.

Don always claims to be shy and introverted but I'm beginning to suspect it's a mystique he has either acquired or specifically adopted. I found this statement surprising, because I don't remember hearing him proudly proclaim he's an introvert! I did go do a search and found this:

Henley: I'm basically a shy person-I'm not your Mr. Showbiz lead vocalist kinda guy. But I do have an acerbic sense of humor, sort of dark. It took a long time for people to even realize I had a sense of humor. Some days I don't. But I decided that I would have to say something, and it just developed out of the songs and things I would read in the paper or think about. The whole tour was a learning process for me. But I started to enjoy talking.

So, he seems to recognize the conflict between the idea of shyness of the idea of being outspoken, and accept it.

People are complex creatures, full of contradictions. I don't see an attempt to be dishonest here. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm supposedly 100% introverted according to Myers-Briggs (though that very admission seems contrary to the statistic) and would never, ever, ever disclose something so personal as the circumstances surrounding my father's death to a reporter, even if it colored every aspect of my existence, comprised the sole inspiration for all my songwriting, and would be immensely useful to convey a point. You say that, but before you judge, remember that there are people out there who would say the same thing about posting on the internet. "I would never post any personal details about my life on a public message board for all to see." Yet, people who believe they are shy and introverted often thrive in an internet community, and find themselves confiding very private things to others... are those people cultivating a false image of themselves? Or are they affected by their environment to make different choices? I think it's the latter, and I think that's what happened to Henley, too. He says as much in the above quote.

He has an ironclad opinion on everything, which he dispenses at will. There's a difference between having an aversion to standing onstage all alone and having an innate reluctance to engage with others for fear of criticism/critique/rebuke - he seems to lack the latter, which is a cornerstone of shyness. I don't think Don equates shyness with crippling fear, or he'd never want to be perceived that way! If indeed he does want to be perceived that way, which I'm not sure about. He seems more interested in talking about overcoming shyness than using it as a bragging point. If anyone has seen evidence to the contrary, feel free to correct me!

Also note that he has shared a great deal of his life with reporters, biographers and, well, random passerby, whereas we know next to nothing about Glenn's personal life. This is definitely arguable. How are we determining this? Glenn's not exactly an open book, but neither is Don, and we do know more than "next to nothing" about Glenn. He's told us that he grew up middle class, that he's obsessed with sports, that he met his wife filming a video and that she's influenced his music, that he used music to speak to his daughter when she was having a hard time, that he's struggled with diverticulitis and now rheumatoid arthritis... We even know a bit about his family dynamics. Apparently he likes to watch sports on TV while the kids play on the computer. OK, that's not exactly astonishing, but still!

That's off the top of my head. Like I said, he's not letting the info flow out like a river, but neither does Don - at least, not to my knowledge. Admittedly, the fact that I have gone so far as to dedicate an entire section of GFO to Glenn's ruminations (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/quotes/index.htm), I may know a bit more about Glenn than most! lol

Oh, and Glenn also allowed magazines to come in and take photos of his house and family not once (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/articles/houseandgarden2000.htm) but twice (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/articles/townandcountry2001.htm)! (In the second one there is an adorable pic of the Frey fam!)

Perhaps Don was a shy little boy in Texas, but he certainly grew out of it to boast about having the prettiest girl in town on his arm (which, contrary to what movies would have you believe, almost never happens unless you're outgoing enough to approach and win her in the first place). I've never heard/read him boasting about his wife excessively. Again, where have you gotten this impression?

Then again, I could be completely biased, given his comment about learning everything of import except music from women versus Don's RS admittance that he's never fallen in love with someone who wasn't absolutely gorgeous. Well, be careful how much you base on that 30-year-old Rolling Stone article. He was young, hopped up on drugs, and absorbing the unconditional adulation of hundreds of thousands of people. That messes with your head. I imagine he's changed a great deal since then (or at least I would hope so).

Something about "cultivating image" that this made me think of: I've been on a Pride and Prejudice kick lately... probably because of Colin Firth's hotness in the BBC version. ;) One thing that Austen wrote that struck me is that people often will be self-deprecating about traits that they secretly want others to like about them. It's a way to subtly invite approval. You hope others will find the "weakness" endearing rather than contemptible.

Is it being dishonest to do that?

I don't think so. I think it's being human.

Ah, people are funny!

AmarilloByMorning
08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Soda, Freypower & dreamer, I apologize if I offended. Freypower, the comment was a myopic commentary on Frey, not an attempted sideways slice to Henley; I apparently overlooked the potential of that interpretation. Anyway, I wholly overextended my rights, because the bottom line is I do not know any of them. One day I'll learn to just ogle pictures. [Waving white flag.]

sodascouts
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
ABM, you puzzle me. You are not afraid to give controversial opinions, but when asked to defend them, you back off apologizing for making them in the first place. I don’t understand that. You’re a lawyer! You must understand that if you express an opinion, you have to be prepared to deal with disagreement; it's not "hit and run."

Troubadour
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Very interesting discussion! Thanks for your clarifications, Dreamer. I am in little doubt that I'm an introvert.

sodascouts
08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I was speaking with dreamer and she was saying that I wasn't borderline - I was pretty much extrovert all the way! So guess I learned something about myself after all this, too.

08-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone - I also find personality typing really interesting as long as it doesn't turn into stereotyping. I especially like the Myers-Briggs test that we were discussing. I rarely ever saw anyone who took it that didn't agree the results once all the indicators were explained to them. The introvert/extravert indicator really is one of the most confusing though. As I was telling Soda - I am a perfect example of how people can misinterpret it. I am a fairly strong introvert although many people don't believe me when I tell them. A lot of them assume I am an extravert - why ... because I am not shy at all.

sodascouts
08-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Back to our topic...

I was in line the grocery store today, waiting to check out, when I saw People Magazine Celebrates the 70s on the magazine rack. I figured surely the Eagles got a mention, so I methodically turned every page until I saw it... pages 66-67 - a two-page spread! Of course I immediately bought it, even if we have all seen the photo before. I thought I would also alert any mega-fans who would like to do the same. In stores now!

DonFan
08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Well, the last few pages of this topic have been veeeeery interesting to read.

Soda, I appreciate the post you made about Don and agree with the points you made about him. He and Glenn both have very multi-faceted personalities, and we are attracted to them for a myriad of reasons.

BTW, you and Dreamer have both met me--I wonder, do y'all think I am a "true" extrovert as well? Like you, Soda, I love people and I will talk to most anyone readily, but I also have to have my "down" time where I am quiet, too.

And back on topic: I saw that People magazine and did the same thing you did--immediately turned to the Eagles page and then bought the magazine!

08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
BTW, you and Dreamer have both met me--I wonder, do y'all think I am a "true" extrovert as well? Like you, Soda, I love people and I will talk to most anyone readily, but I also have to have my "down" time where I am quiet, too.

DF, while it is true that I have met you, it is difficult to say. Even though you are a very friendly person, if I had to take a 'wild guess' based on my limited observations, I would say you are an introvert. However, I stress that this is just a wild guess. I generally hesitate to guess about people without getting a lot more information about their preferences and tendencies because this is how people end up stereo-typing others. For example, another common misconception is that introverts are unfriendly. A good starting place is for you to try to answer all of the questions listed in my introvert/extravert post keeping in mind that you do all of these things some of the time. However, try to figure out what your preferences and tendencies are when there are no intervening factors or interferences. If you can't decide, then you need to delve deeper by asking additional questions to gain more insight.

This is interesting stuff for me, and I could go on and on about personality typing, especially the Myers-Briggs model. However, I don't want to throw this thread totally off-topic. But, if some of you are interested in delving deeper into this subject, we can start another thread, and I'll be glad to give you some additional info to help you 'analyze yourself'. :wink:

Now note to self: Go out and buy that issue of People magazine.

Brooke
08-31-2009, 03:05 PM
I need to look for that too!

And I think I'm probably an introvert.

Back on topic, saw this today on the MSN homepage:

http://www.msn.com/defaultc.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the link for a nice picture and full story.

sodascouts
08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
It seems to be gone already! :(

AmarilloByMorning
09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
ABM, you puzzle me. You are not afraid to give controversial opinions, but when asked to defend them, you back off apologizing for making them in the first place. I don’t understand that. You’re a lawyer!
I puzzle myself, actually. Story of my life... The issue is I'm quick to dispatch an opinion, post without adequately considering the potential ramifications of my impulsive emission, realize I've stirred waters in manners I never intended, and quickly back down because... wait for it... I dislike arguing with people. (Yes, I'm in the wrong profession.) I have imposed a cooling period on my posts, which have effectively blunted the majority of them.

Eagles' chief songwriters Glenn Frey and Don Henley led one of the best-selling bands of all time, but life in the fast lane and internal squabbles boiled over after completion of the ironically titled "The Long Run" in 1979.
I love how journalistic mentions of the Eagles and internal squabbles are almost ubiquitous. It's almost as original as titling an article about them "Eagles flying high." I always want to write the layout designer: "Nice job with your headline employing bird imagery; I'm sure they've never heard that one before." I've always kind of wanted Don & Glenn to do a faux-wedding photo shoot with one of them in drag since they're each other's most lengthy (albeit tumultuous) relationship. If they needed the publicity, that would effectively put them everywhere in a matter of minutes. Tim could be the ringbearer, with Joe in the background gleefully pitching fistfulls of rice into the air. Of course, they'd probably squabble over who would be stuck in the dress, so I'm right back where I started...

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I puzzle myself, actually. Story of my life... The issue is I'm quick to dispatch an opinion, post without adequately considering the potential ramifications of my impulsive emission, realize I've stirred waters in manners I never intended, and quickly back down because... wait for it... I dislike arguing with people. (Yes, I'm in the wrong profession.) I have imposed a cooling period on my posts, which have effectively blunted the majority of them.

Well, I guess I have a different definition of arguing. I think discussing issues on which we have varying opinions without getting angry or upset constitutes constructive dialogue rather than promotes negative argument. Maybe you've had a bad experience with that in the past where disagreement = argument, but here on The Border we don't get all agitated when we disagree. We're really softball around here.

I always thought lawyers debated rather than argued anyway. ;)

I love how journalistic mentions of the Eagles and internal squabbles are almost ubiquitous. It's almost as original as titling an article about them "Eagles flying high." I always want to write the layout designer: "Nice job with your headline employing bird imagery; I'm sure they've never heard that one before." I've always kind of wanted Don & Glenn to do a faux-wedding photo shoot with one of them in drag since they're each other's most lengthy (albeit tumultuous) relationship. If they needed the publicity, that would effectively put them everywhere in a matter of minutes. Tim could be the ringbearer, with Joe in the background gleefully pitching fistfulls of rice into the air. Of course, they'd probably squabble over who would be stuck in the dress, so I'm right back where I started...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonFan
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I love how journalistic mentions of the Eagles and internal squabbles are almost ubiquitous. It's almost as original as titling an article about them "Eagles flying high." I always want to write the layout designer: "Nice job with your headline employing bird imagery; I'm sure they've never heard that one before."

So true, so true. I have winced about that for years!

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Ah yes, gotta love it. When Glenn's health issues put a halt to the Eagles tour temporarily in 1994, there were so many articles titled "Eagles Grounded" that it wasn't even funny. When Glenn got out of the hospital, "Eagle Released" was the popular headline. The list goes on and on...

Freypower
09-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Or during the solo years it was 'Eagle flies solo' or 'the Eagle has landed'....

Maleah
09-05-2009, 12:33 PM
So I have a feeling I've heard this before and am just having a lapse in memory. lol which of the Eagles dated Cher? She was on Ellen Degeneres (a friend saw the show) and said that she is a huge Eagles fan and dated one of the members....but she wouldn't specify which one. lol

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Huh? I've never heard this! Let's try to guess. I say... Joe.

Maleah
09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
LOL! Whew! I don't feel so bad then. When he told me, I was like "what? I didn't know that." My first guess was either Joe or Glenn.

I knew she had dated Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi....but not this. I figured maybe I had heard it at one time and forgot, but now that you haven't heard it either Nancy, I'm convinced I never knew. LOL

09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Well - as long as we are going to speculate, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Glenn and it was probably around the late '80's. Weren't they both available then, and hanging out a lot around Aspen with the same crowd during that time? Of course, Cher also gets a mention in his song "Big Life". If I'm right about the time period, I would be surprised if it was Joe because of his severe substance abuse issues at the time. Hasn't Cher stated that the reason that her marriage to Gregg Allman broke up was because of his substance abuse problems? If so, it would be doubtful that she would want to get involved with Joe during that time, IMO. I want to say that Don was 'unavailable' at that time, and well, Tim, he's never been available. :shock: Of course, pure speculation, but fun, nonetheless. :)

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I assumed this took place in the 70s, when Cher was hot.

ETA: Plus, she was unmarried in the late 70s (or, in the case of Allman, "estranged"). Of course being married never seems to have stopped these folks from having a little somethin' somethin' on the side...

09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
But Cher was married throughout most of the '70's. Now, of course, since it was the '70's, it's possible that she wouldn't let a little thing like marriage get in the way of an opportunity with an Eagle, but I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. :lol: But, of course, as we said, this is all just feudal speculation anyway.

ETA: Soda, I guess you were editing your post at the same time I was posting this, which is why my comments seem a bit redundant.

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL! Great minds think alike. ;)

And yeah, perhaps Glenn found Cher hot in the late 80s. No accounting for taste!

I just figured Cher of 1978....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/TheCherShowSpedcial.jpg

might have been more the type of an Eagle than Cher of 1987.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/cher-g1987_1236888851.jpg

But it's all speculation! She could be referring to Bernie for all we know! :lol:

Brooke
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Whoa! Cher certainly had her own style! And to think, Madonna gets all the glory for being risque! :lol:

EagleLady
09-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Talk about Reinventing yourself, Madonna has NOTHING On Cher :hilarious:

Freypower
09-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I cannot envisage Glenn with Cher. At ANY time.

Didn't he meet Cindy in 'the late 80s'?

09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I cannot envisage Glenn with Cher. At ANY time.

Didn't he meet Cindy in 'the late 80s'?

I don't know why you would think this, FP. Cher is a beautiful woman, and besides it seems Glenn's only criteria for "dating" back in the day was "you're just a woman, I'm just a man". :lol: I'm not saying that they had a long or involved love affair, but anything is possible. He was apparently divorced in 1986 and met Cindy during the filming of the Livin' Right video, so he was an eligible bachelor for a few years in the 80's. Now, I will say that if Soda is right, and Cher's 'Eagle dating' occurred in the '70's, then all bets are off as to which Eagle it was. :wink:

ETA: Actually, I guess I should qualify this and say that all bets are off period since none of us really knows anything about it and, apparently, Cher is not telling! :-(

DonFan
09-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't know if any of the Eagles dated Cher, but I seem to remember reading a quote from Cher calling Don "the greatest thin-lipped soul singer alive." 8)

AmarilloByMorning
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I seem to remember reading a quote from Cher calling Don "the greatest thin-lipped soul singer alive." Huh. Wonder what it says about me that I've never looked at him and thought about his lips. Always too distracted by the eyes, I guess...

sodascouts
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I think that was Cher's unique way of saying "white person." lol

AmarilloByMorning
09-14-2009, 06:02 PM
:hilarious: Oooookay, I think my hair rustled as that whizzed right past me!

luvthelighthouse
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Didn't know where to post this, but this seems as good as any. I was watching Alton Brown's Good Eats and he was talking making a tequila sunrise... after he finished he said, "it's like an Eagles concert in a glass". Even my guy laughed...

Brooke
09-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Ha! Good one, ltlh!

AmarilloByMorning
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Haha!! I love little Eagles mentions like that! If I drank I'd be all over that one. What a great name.

Peekaboo
09-24-2009, 12:54 AM
This isn't new but I was looking up stuff from when the Eagles played the BOK Center last Sept. and Nov. and came across a few videos.

This first video shows the revealing of those lifesize cutouts
http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&clipId=2670143&autostart=true

This second video is on page 2 on the right side.
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Tulsas-BOK-Center-Opening-Night-Lessons/NYIjZzI-LkalJ1d761C3VQ.cspx?p=2

The third video is mostly about the changes to the BOK Center but also shows some concert footage.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story/Changes-to-be-made-at-BOK-Center/LGVU4UP49EC_8Uu3ltMzBg.cspx

Btw, I do remember it being a little warm during that first concert in Sept. especially during the ILAA dinner. It was really warm in the big room that they had us in and I even remember receiving an email from ILAA apologizing about it being so hot in there.

Peekaboo
09-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Found another video of the Eagles in Tulsa.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=2884731&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Maleah
10-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Not "press" but Brooke White from American Idol was asked on Twitter what her favorite Eagles songs were:

realbrookewhite (http://twitter.com/realbrookewhite) RT @Kgt1310 (http://twitter.com/Kgt1310): @realbrookewhite (http://twitter.com/realbrookewhite) , your favorite Eagles songs? A: I can't tell you why, best of my love, new kid in town

Prettymaid
10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm not surprised by Brooke's faves - she's pretty mellow. Loved her on Idol except for the couple of times she had to start over. Okay, the first time was kind of endearing, but the second? I realize it's live but c'mon - be a professional!

EagleLady
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Harsh, PM :-x

Maleah
10-07-2009, 01:46 AM
She's actually mentioned on twitter before that she'd like to cover "I Can't Tell You Why" some day.

As for her restarts, they didn't really bother me. Maybe because I've been watching Idol for so long that I've seen a lot of them just completely forget the lyrics or where they are in the song. lol I can't imagine what it must be like to go from sitting at home watching it on tv to suddenly singing in front of millions. I'd do worse than restart the song....I'd probably throw up on stage! :shock: Sadly, I'm not even joking.

DonFan
10-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Here is a nice mention about the guys from a blog called Murderati.com by J.D. Rhoades.

http://www.murderati.com/blog/2009/10/14/music-and-lyrics-and-permissions-oh-my.html

sodascouts
10-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Mr. Henley, Mr Frey: thank you from the bottom of my heart. In a profession full of jerks and prima donnas, you guys showed real class.
Just saw that in my Google alerts. It is a nice story, isn't it? Take that, all you folks who say the Eagles are greedy!

sodascouts
10-28-2009, 11:59 AM
According to the Twitter of a guy at the Laker's opening game last night, both Glenn and Joe attended.

laker opening night, ring ceremony in minutes...place is already rocking, joe walsh hugging glenn frey, a hotel california kind of night

Prettymaid
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear they're out and about having fun!

Glennhoney
10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
..I know this picture is not very clear but I do believe that's Glenn & Cindy in the background.......193

Freypower
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
It looks like Taylor to me. Thanks for posting that.

GlennLover
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I think it looks like Cindy. Soda, is Glenn wearing the same sweater that he had on when you met him at Pebble Beach the last time?

10-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I would also say that is Cindy. Looks to old to be Taylor to me, although Taylor does look very much like her mother. Besides I would imagine Taylor is away at school right now. And GL, good eye - as soon as I saw the picture I noticed the sweater, too. I do believe that is the same sweater he was wearing at PB - man was that thing soft! :wink:

sodascouts
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Agree on both counts - that's Cindy, and that's THE sweater. ;) Good find, GH!

Brooke
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Hmmmm, I can't see it. When I click on the link, I get a vBulletin message that I haven't logged in or don't have permission to view the page.

ETA: I logged in and saw it! Strange!

Anyway, looks like Cindy to me, too.

Prettymaid
10-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I do believe that is the same sweater he was wearing at PB - man was that thing soft! :wink:

Okay Dreamer, rub it in! :hilarious:
Exactly how many times did you get to touch that sweater anyway?

10-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Okay Dreamer, rub it in! :hilarious:
Exactly how many times did you get to touch that sweater anyway?

Golly PM - I can't really remember, but I'm sure it was more than once!!! :razz: :twisted: :wink:

Prettymaid
10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Officially :jealous:

GlennLover
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I would also say that is Cindy. Looks to old to be Taylor to me, although Taylor does look very much like her mother. Besides I would imagine Taylor is away at school right now. And GL, good eye - as soon as I saw the picture I noticed the sweater, too. I do believe that is the same sweater he was wearing at PB - man was that thing soft! :wink:

Dreamer, wasn't it you that got carried away & started rubbing Glenn's back? :razz:

TimothyBFan
10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
This came up today when I was searching Expando for reviews.

http://jwcoco.exblog.jp/i5/

Ok-So I can't read a lick of it but it had some interesting pictures! Like this one--YIKES... This is just wrong somehow! :hilarious:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/EaglesWeird.jpg

10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Dreamer, wasn't it you that got carried away & started rubbing Glenn's back? :razz:

Nope, GL - my arm and hand were around his waist. I think Molly may have gotten somewhat carried away though! :wink: But after all, he did give us mini shoulder massages, so would anyone really blame us if we had reciprocated??? I think not! :nope: :nope: :nope:

GlennLover
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Nope, GL - my arm and hand were around his waist. I think Molly may have gotten somewhat carried away though! :wink: But after all, he did give us mini shoulder massages, so would anyone really blame us if we had reciprocated??? I think not! :nope: :nope: :nope:

Couldn't blame you at all! How could you help yourself? Oh, to have your arm around his waist! Anyway, I'll have to reread that thread. Regardles of who it was that rubbed his back - I'm darn :jealous: ! :hilarious:

TBF, you're right! there is something disturbing about that picture!

Brooke
10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
OMG! :hilarious: and awful!

AzEaglesFan
10-30-2009, 02:58 AM
I thought Glenn looked great in the Superman outfit.

Super Frey
10-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd never seen that one before, it is diff

Freypower
10-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I thought Glenn looked great in the Superman outfit.

I saw that years ago. How strange to see it again.

Koala
10-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Today I found this:

http://nwitimes.com/entertainment/columnists/tim-shellberg/article_0fcfbcc0-201e-5f16-a5cd-00d5357deb00.html?mode=story

sodascouts
10-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Yikes, what a way to tell readers that Don's coming to Chicago!

GlennLover
10-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Yikes, what a way to tell readers that Don's coming to Chicago!

That was my reaction too. What a way to promote a concert!

Brooke
10-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Really! It's like...."I hate this guy, but you can come see him if you want!":brickwall:

Troubadour
10-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, how dare that Don Henley think he can perform whenever he likes! And for money? Tsk! :fingerwag:

10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Yikes is right - this is the kinda person you really want promoting your shows, huh? However, they need to get a few facts straight here. I hardly think that the first thing that comes to mind in a word association exercise is 'Don Felder' when the name 'Don Henley' is mentioned - but whatever.

While I believe in getting both sides of the story when it comes to behind-the-scenes rock dramas, the Henley-Frey camp has made little, if any, response to Felder's allegations. That they came across as arrogant and smug on a "60 Minutes" interview in 2007 may lend a little credibility to Felder's book, making it arguably a little more than just a tell-all from a disgruntled former band mate.

Yeah - I readlly admire the writer's objectivity here. So let me get this straight... since Henley and Frey have not responded to Felder's book and because the writer thinks they were arrogant in that '60 Minutes' interview, then that makes everything that Felder claims in his book more credible. Okay - I think I get it now! :fear:

AzEaglesFan
11-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I didn't think that they came across as arrogant or smug. The only thing I didn't like was the comment that they made about body language when they showed Don checking out the ceiling and Glenn sitting there looking straight ahead. Then the credits starting rolling and there is Don and Glenn laughing about when they were room mates and Don being Hazel and Glenn burning holes in the furniture. Why didn't they show more of the friendly side of their relationship.

Peekaboo
11-01-2009, 08:24 AM
If Don Henley's name would be said in a word association exercise here at Tunes & Tix, The Eagles, "The Boys of Summer" or "Hotel California" wouldn't be the immediate response.

As of late, the first thought that would come to mind would be Don Felder, guitarist and songsmith who was a member of the Eagles from 1974 to 1980.

Sure why not, doesn't everybody immediatly think of Felder when Don Henley is mentioned? :nope: Not I.

Why didn't they show more of the friendly side of their relationship.

Exactly. There is always so much focus on the arguing and bickering that went on in the past. How about some positive interviews for once. I mean, there are some good and positive ones occasionally but many writers tend to focus on the negatives of the past.

Prettymaid
11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
What the :censored: ? This person doesn't have a clue! :enraged: Now uninformed people are going to read that and think it's true!

GlennLover
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I didn't think that they came across as arrogant or smug. The only thing I didn't like was the comment that they made about body language when they showed Don checking out the ceiling and Glenn sitting there looking straight ahead. Then the credits starting rolling and there is Don and Glenn laughing about when they were room mates and Don being Hazel and Glenn burning holes in the furniture. Why didn't they show more of the friendly side of their relationship.

I heard an interview with Don in which they asked him if he was satisfied with the 60 Minutes piece. He claimed that he was , but his tone certainly didn't indicate that he was overjoyed with it. He did mention that it was unfortunate that they chose to show him when he was looking at the ceiling. He said he was looking at some bottles (or something like that) that were hanging from the ceiling.

Super Frey
11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Well how dare those ppl who did that article:-x

Sorry to change the subject, but I missed the Laker game, wasn't Joe there too? I didn't see him in the picture and I think that's Cindy, it looks more like her but it is hard to see.

sodascouts
11-02-2009, 02:13 AM
The guy on Twitter said Joe was there, and that they hugged. Don't know if they sat near each other or not.

Super Frey
11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok Thanks Soda:thumbsup:

Glennhoney
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
...actually, I did see a picture where it looked like Joe in the background, but it was from very far away......

sodascouts
12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
This isn't in the press in the sense of magazine mentions, but it is a book, so...

Today I was in Barnes and Noble when I saw a book on the discount rack entitled "VH1's Top 100 Albums." Of course, I went over to it, knowing that Hotel California would surely be on there and wondering what they would say about it.

It was on there alright - #38. But what really was noteworthy was the hilarious errors in it.

First off, they talk about how the Eagles criticized Los Angeles in their song "King of L.A." on The Long Run. Mmmkay, maybe a careless error, right?

But then there's the doozy. They comment that Hotel California was where Don Henley emerged as the band's pre-eminent songwriter. As an example of how he became the band's star, they cite Don's supposed lead vocals during New Kid in Town, complimenting how expressive Don's voice is as he sings "I don't wanna hear it."

LOL.

Apparently the guy who did that write-up is a huge Eagles fan... NOT.

Prettymaid
12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Unbelieveable! Don't they have fact checkers for these kinds of books? :headscratch:

TimothyBFan
12-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Those are the kinds of things that really tick me off! :brickwall: That's when I usually start my campaign to correct it by sending emails, letters or making phone calls to call them out on the mistake.

Troubadour
12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
That is ridiculous!

Brooke
12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
It's just unimaginable to me that someone would write a book and get it published when it's probably full of errors like that! If there are that many errors about the Eagles, imagine how many the book is full of on all of the other artists?!

Who would actually buy such a book?

whitcap
12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Although the case was settled out of court two years ago, Felder struck back in a big way a year later, airing loads of dirty laundry with his tome "Heaven and Hell: My Life With the Eagles (1974-2001)." In it, Henley and Frey are depicted as power and money hungry, with little love, if any, for their fellow bandmates and each other, with Frey coming across as the most ruthless.

While I believe in getting both sides of the story when it comes to behind-the-scenes rock dramas, the Henley-Frey camp has made little, if any, response to Felder's allegations. That they came across as arrogant and smug on a "60 Minutes" interview in 2007 may lend a little credibility to Felder's book, making it arguably a little more than just a tell-all from a disgruntled former band mate.

Having spent a hearty chunk of this year and last year playing to packed crowds in support of his Eagles' platinum-plus 2007 release "The Long Road Out of Eden," Henley's Nov. 9 show at Rosemont Theatre is one of nine he's undertaking between now and year's end to further line his pockets in his own right. A compilation of his solo stuff, "The Best of Don Henley," came out in June.

It seems to me that all the negative stuff about Don and Glenn comes from journalists who have never actually met or spoken to them or from a "disgruntled former band mate". I've seen and read several interviews with both guys and they seem like good guys to me. I didn't think they came off as arrogant or smug in that 60 Minutes interview.

Freypower
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
But then there's the doozy. They comment that Hotel California was where Don Henley emerged as the band's pre-eminent songwriter. As an example of how he became the band's star, they cite Don's supposed lead vocals during New Kid in Town, complimenting how expressive Don's voice is as he sings "I don't wanna hear it."

LOL.

Apparently the guy who did that write-up is a huge Eagles fan... NOT.

Oh DEAR, oh DEAR. My heart bleeds. Who wrote this? Marc Eliot? How utterly tragic. Hotel California is dominated by Don Henley. That is not in dispute. But ..... :nausea:

I'll just say this. Yes, the singing in 'I don't wanna hear it' is .... expressive.

MikeA
12-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Interview with Paul Carrack, the man who wrote "I Don't Want To Hear It".

http://www.wharf.co.uk/2009/12/interview-singer-songwriter-pa.html

Interview: Singer-songwriter Paul Carrack
By Simon Hayes on December 17, 2009 10:53 AM

luvthelighthouse
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that... and I'm still trying to figure out how they rejected everything he brought to the table... when obviously he just produced the best CD of his career. :headscratch:

TimothyBFan
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
His name is wrong again. :brickwall: They don't misspell Henley do they? Lol

I agree ltlh and I said the exact same thing over in the Eagles/FM thread I believe, just yesterday. I was feeling a bit sorry for Timothy yesterday. In the infamous words on one Rodney Dangerfield, he gets "no respect".

12-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I mean no disrespect to Paul Carrack here because I think he is a very talented songwriter, but, I said this before in Tim's forum in the thread where we were discussing what songs from Expando would have worked on LROOE - I think there are several songs on Expando that are superior to IDWTHA and would have been better on an Eagles album. But that's JMHO - I guess we'll never know exactly why they didn't make the cut.

luvthelighthouse
12-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Dreamer, I couldn't agree more! Just because Timothy is a tenor doesn't mean he can only sing sappy songs!

sodascouts
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I like IDWTHAM, but I think Parachute would've been a better Eagles song. Oh well, at least Carrack's family will appreciate the additional royalties!

Freypower
12-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree. For the life of me I can't understand why the songs Tim submitted were 'rejected' because everything on Expando is superior to IDWTHAM. It must be difficult for Tim sometimes. He even alluded to it in the 60 Minutes intervew when he said 'why don't you like my song'. He seems to be taken for granted by Frey and Henley. But then the same thing happened to Joe - for the second time on an Eagles album he had to record a song he'd already recorded for a soundtrack. :eyebrow:

TimothyBFan
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
I agree. For the life of me I can't understand why the songs Tim submitted were 'rejected' because everything on Expando is superior to IDWTHAM.

I completely agree with you FP. I don't get it either.

AzEaglesFan
12-22-2009, 03:45 AM
I thought that I read somewhere that the songs that were rejected are the songs that are on Expando. I think he was quoted as saying something like,"If they don't like my songs, I'll use them myself"

Freypower
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
The thing is, and I don't want to harp on it, it would have been refreshing to hear a different viewpoint on an Eagles album besides Henley's political grandstanding and Frey's sentimental ballads (much as I like those songs). The Expando tracks are very personal but a couple of minor lyric changes could easily have made them into 'Eagles' songs. That is why I like Do Something so much - because it gives a different perspective. At least Tim got a chance to use the songs himself.

But then neither Frey nor Henley was prepared to depart from the public's perception of the type of songs they both sing (with the exception of Somebody, perhaps). So they probably reasoned 'why should we let Tim do it'?

Brooke
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Not really about the Eagles, but this line sparked interest:

Hmmmmm, unexpected time off?

Read the whole article here: http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/1239341/pid/302766

Fan_For_Life
12-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice snippet. That whole private island idea sounds cool, wouldn't mind seeing them rock out live again. Thanks for sharing. :)

sodascouts
01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I was catching up on Twitter and found this guy:

http://twitter.com/Landooner

He apparently played a gig with the Eagles last night! And - it was in Texas! That must have been one awesome New Year's Eve party. To think I was in Austin and had no idea... :cry: I wonder if they played Funky New Year? Ya KNOW they must've!

Here's a pic from it:

http://twitpic.com/w66wy

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Interesting..... I'm sure they did play FNY. Maybe it was some private party or celebration. Its unlikely they played a public gig without any publicity, and if you were in Texas you wouldn't have missed it knowingly Nancy.

TimothyBFan
01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Sure would like more info on this and more pictures also. WOW!

DonFan
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Wow is right!

Brooke
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Freypower
01-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I very much doubt they played FNY as they only ever played it for the Millennium Shows. I don't entirely rule it out but I think it's unlikely. I notice they are still in suits.

EagleLady
01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Ugh, Someone should tell them Suits are Boring for Rock stars

Koala
01-06-2010, 04:05 AM
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i66316

TimothyBFan
01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
:hilarious: Freakin' hilarious!! I love the last line, "The story above is a satire or parody! It is entirely fictitious." Like we wouldn't know that. :hilarious: Really glad they didn't refer to Timothy as the crypt keeper as someone has before. :cry: This would of been the perfect story for that reference.

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Another joke bit using the Eagles. It's an article about the impending retirement of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre (http://www.moosedenied.com/breaking-favre-to-retire-tuesday-press-conference-set-for-saturday-to-announce-return/) (Maleah's man). It jokes that Favre has been offered a position in the Eagles as lead singer, replacing Glenn (Favre has recently celebrated the Vikings beating the Cowboys by singing "Pants on the Ground").

Not exactly hilarity, IMHO, but your mileage may vary. Re: ICTYW, I choose to believe that the reference is not an erroneous identification of the lead singer by the author, but rather a reference to the soulful way Glenn sings the answering parts ala "Try to keep your head little girl" during the song.

Maleah
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL!! I love the picture in relation to the article. lol It's fitting :hilarious:

Freypower
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I think I can sense a spate of 'soulful, brooding facial expressions' coming up. :singer::eyebrow:

MikeA
01-22-2010, 07:31 AM
This is a rather long post, but the results are posted after the "contestants" so read on. Eagles are in the mix as is Walch at the end as an individual. I tried to post the entire thing, but there must have been some embedded thing that cut it off. If you are interested, you can read it all at the link below. You'll have to do some scrolling to get it all.

from http://blog.beliefnet.com/bibleandculture/2010/01/index.html
Ben Witherington on Bible and Culture

So you are seriously stranded on a desert island for 30 days, but the good news is, while it does not have internet or cellphone connectability, what it does have is one way time travel ability rather like the island in LOST. You, by manipulating the rockster machine can import your favorite bands to play for you for a day. So who would you choose? You are only allowed to choose one or the other of the paired items below and only one per day. And is there a band you would want to here last before you are rescued and brought back to the rather sad post-rock era of the 21rst century? Herein you can learn something about your own ancient fav raves. Choose away, and then I will offer another post based on your reported choices, and what they tell you about you.

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
This might be connected with what Mike posted above but I'm not sure. It is the same blog. You guys might want to read or skim thru it all. There's some stuff about Cat Stevens, Zeppelin, Genesis and many other artists I know a lot of the Borderers love.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/bibleandculture/2010/01/rock-n-roll-quiz---the-analysis-of-the-first-ten.html

Freypower
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I have some comments about his conclusions:

1. Beatles over Stones - yes, every time. But the Stones do have an amazing body of work. There was a sequence of albums which ran as follows: Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Exile On Main Street, Sticky Fingers. Not bad.

2. I disagree that Zeppelin never showed the Who's 'creativity' by writing a rock opera. They didn't have to. Their individual songs are like mini-operas (e.g. Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, Battle Of Evermore) and in my opinion they were far more varied in style than the Who.

3. I disagree that CSN are individually more talented than the Eagles. They are three men who never really fulfilled their promise (particularly Crosby). You cannot really pick out that many unquestionably great songs (whereas you can with their sometime band mate, Neil Young - he forgets that the 2nd album was CSNY and to me he overrates both in terms of influence). I disagree about CSN being better live.

4. Cat Stevens had at least two landmark albums, Teaser & the Firecat as well as Tillerman. Taylor had Sweet Baby James & a handful of pleasant songs - which included a lot of cover versions.

5. I would have picked the Kinks over the Doors. Apart from a handful of songs the Doors have dated (IMO) whereas the Kinks can take you back to Swinging London any time.

6. I know many people on this board are Foreigner fans but no way (IMO) are they better than Pink Floyd, although perhaps more accessible.

Overall my list would be Beatles/Led Zeppelin/Eagles/Cat Stevens/Janis Joplin/Mamas & Papas/Kinks/Jimi Hendrix/Genesis/Pink Floyd/Joni Mitchell/Chicago/Byrds/Boston (only because of More Than A Feeling)/Aerosmith/Elton John/Phil Collins/Bob Dylan/Police/Cream/Donovan/Kenny Loggins (?!)/Heart/Moody Blues/Fleetwood Mac/Steve Winwood/Cream (So Cream get two goes)!/ZZ Top/Steely Dan and the last pairing is redundant as neither had sustained careers.

sodascouts
01-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Supposedly this radio station spoke to Glenn and Joe but the spelling errors make me question its veracity! At any rate, here is the item:
KSHE95: The Eagles Add More Western Dates (http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1189366)

MikeA
01-27-2010, 06:38 PM
FP and TBF

First off, Willie, thanks for getting the first 10 cut and pasted into a post. I had trouble with my editor with it wanting to cut off right after the intro so I just posted the link.

Some weird choices surfaced in that "poll". Some I agree with and many I didn't. The guy's comments were HIS opinions and I think a lot of them were made to fill space in his blog. It's a lot easier to document a disagreement than rubber stamp the majority <LOL>

I think I know where he was coming from with the Eagles versus CSN. I don't think you could say legitimately that CSN overshown the Eagles. But, CSN were a group trying to bridge a gap between Folk and Rock with a new genre called Folk Rock. The Eagles were doing the same thing by trying to (successfully!) to bridge between Country and Rock with, what else, "Country Rock" <LOL>. CSN were successful in their bridge before Eagles. Maybe that's what his point was. I dunno.

As for vocal talent, both groups were and still ARE superb. Both had unbelievable harmonies and I think maybe that is another reason he stacked the two together in the poll.

It was an interesting read though and gave some food for thought...not just with the Eagles and CSN, but in several of the pairings.

Koala
02-21-2010, 04:10 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2721019/the_eagles_and_fleetwood_mac_both_tour.html?cat=33

Prettymaid
02-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Thanks for that Koala. I didn't realize until it was spelled out in that article just how many similarities the two bands have.

pueblo47
02-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Dinosaurs? ROTFL, I resemble that remark!:nahnah: The guys and me might be fossils but their music still rocks through the ages!

Freypower
02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Glenn had a great deal more solo success than these people are willing to accept. I didn't know that LROOE was 'uneven' and 'met with mixed reviews'. Whatever.

GlennLover
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
My sentiments exactly, FP!

sodascouts
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
A couple of the "similarities" are actually inaccurate in the case of Fleetwood Mac. They got Fleetwood Mac's last album name wrong, too! If anyone's interested:

Of course, the Eagles 'wrapped it up' back in the early 1980's and Fleetwood Mac did the same in the mid 1980's.

Fleetwood Mac has never "wrapped it up," much less in the mid-1980's. Indeed, Lindsey was there until 1988 and Stevie was there until 1993. From 1987-1995, they released three albums of new material.

At various times, both bands, in one way or another swore that they would never tour again. Various members of the band did, but not the band itself. Mick Fleetwood and John McVie have a "do this 'til we die" attitude and, as the name indicates, they are Fleetwood Mac.

releasing an album of new material called The Dance, in 2003.Fleetwood Mac's The Dance was a live album of their greatest hits released in 1997; this refers to Say You Will.

ugh! I hate sloppy journalism!

TimothyBFan
02-22-2010, 01:41 PM
You should seriously send them off an email with those points being made. Why have someone write a story if they aren't going to do their homework and get the facts correct!! I hate that!

02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
This is a perfect example of why you CANNOT trust everything you see, hear, and read from journalists. :doh:

GlennLover
02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
You can read the rest of the article here http://riaa.com/newsitem.php?id=C91C40E1-A65A-0F81-EBB3-8FE3B7C0ECEA. I only posted the portion of the article up to where the Eagles are mentioned.

Koala
03-24-2010, 02:13 AM
http://www.countrystandardtime.com/blog/RootsTootsHoots/entry.asp?xid=592

TimothyBFan
03-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Guess life in the fast lane has done a number on The Eagles and being kind to their fans in tough times.

Says it all doesn't it?

Prettymaid
03-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Guess life in the fast lane has done a number on The Eagles and being kind to their fans in tough times.

Ouch, but true nonetheless.

luvthelighthouse
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
This article pretty much sums it all up...

sodascouts
04-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't really get why so many Eagles mentions are in Madison.com's article about Steve Lavin but here it is:

Lucas At Large: Steve Lavin will Take New York By (Red) Storm (http://host.madison.com/sports/columnists/mike_lucas/article_48b2928a-3ca2-11df-9c14-001cc4c03286.html)

Koala
04-15-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-04-15/music/hipsters-can-t-bring-themselves-to-love-the-eagles/

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 07:01 AM
That made me smile. Thanks, Koala!

TimothyBFan
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Glad you found that Koala! Pretty funny. That line from the Big Lebowski is a joke in our house. I've never been a fan of that movie and I've always been accused as that being the reason why. :hilarious:

Don't know where else to put this so I figured here is good. Had to pick my daughter and a friend up from the school last night. Had on the local rock station who was carrying the Alice Cooper radio show. We were carrying on a conversation and only half listening to what he was saying but a certain thing caught all of our attention. He said, and I will quote (because I can't forget or forgive him for saying it), "was out urinating on the Eagles greatest hits album". WTH? Katie and I looked at each other and started screaming at the radio!

I do think I understand this picture now tho.....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/AliceCooperwebsiteNov09.png

04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Too funny Willie!

And thanks for posting that article, Koala. I did like what was said about James Dean being an "underrated power pop masterpiece" even though some of you (although I won't mention any names here) dissed it during the "On the Border" Survivor Game. :fingerwag:

And I don't care what anyone says about Eagles fans - I already knew that I'm not too cool for school!!! :lol:

Freypower
04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
And I liked what was said about New Kid In Town. That's the first time it has ever been described as 'raw'.

Prettymaid
04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Maybe that article hints as to why Timothy's music isn't being played in the U.S. :sad:

Wildthyme
04-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Here's a little blurb about the Eagles I found on MSNBC about a comment Don made....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36579778/ns/entertainment-the_scoop/

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 05:45 AM
A tongue-transplant? lol. Sounds like a pretty typical Don comment on band relations to me! I'm sure he has his say when he needs to. ;)

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 07:18 AM
It's no surprise to me that Don has to bite his tongue often.

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 08:18 AM
"In the new Rolling Stone, Henley said, “Things are peaceful, but we haven’t seen each other since New Year’s Eve. There are rarely flare-ups, but I have to bite my tongue fairly often. ”

Why of course, because he's perfect and everyone else in the band isn't! :eyebrow: Give me a break!!! Am I being to rough on Don all the time or does he just come across as a "I'm always right" kinda guy? Rather it be politically, legalities or regarding the band, etc... he just seems so harsh and disgusted with everything or everyone he doesn't agree with. I wonder what he's like with his family. I hope I'm wrong and for some reason maybe I'm just trying to find fault with his actions? :-(

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Am I being to rough on Don all the time or does he just come across as a "I'm always right" kinda guy?

You're not and he does, IMO.

Even if he feels that way, does he have to bring it up in a Rolling Stone article? Doesn't it occur to him that this is just the fuel the journalists love to feed the 'Bickering Band' story? :-(

EagleLady
04-16-2010, 09:06 AM
And here I thought he was entitled to his opinions. Guess I was wrong

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 09:08 AM

Aw Jeez, here we go again EL! Why do you always have a problem with us discussing something you disagree with???

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 09:20 AM

Are you freakin' kidding me? Seriously EL--I try to ignore your constant "opinion" opinions but you got me on the wrong day!!!

I also am entitled to my opinions and my opinion is that he dislikes everyone else's opinions if they don't agree with him! PERIOD!!!!!

I don't see why you seem to think it's ok for celebrities to state their opinions but us here on the board CANNOT do the same if we disagree with them or yours for that matter!! And you never elaborate on why you think we can't have ours? Can you enlighten me a bit pleeeeez?

EagleLady
04-16-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think he ever once mentioned he didn't like other's opinions. and I can't say on the other comment.

Prettymaid
04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry I snapped at you EL, but you always use the phrase "entitled to their opinion," yet you don't seem to understand what it means.

Don is allowed to say what he said without fear of being arrested for it. I am also, and so are you. That's what that phrase means, not that nobody's allowed to challenge anything ever spoken by anyone else.

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't think he ever once mentioned he didn't like other's opinions.

He doesn't have to come right out and say "I don't like other's opinions"---he makes it abundantly clear with his actions and some of the offhand things he says.

I read between the lines and I say he doesn't seem to like it when people don't agree with him or have different views.

whitcap
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Don seems more like an "I don't want argue" kinda guy than an "I'm always right" kinda guy to me. In my experience with "I'm always right" kinda guys, they never hold their tongue. All the one's I know will argue that their opinion is right until someone gets mad. This is just my opinion.

TimothyBFan
04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Don seems more like an "I don't want argue" kinda guy than an "I'm always right" kinda guy to me. In my experience with "I'm always right" kinda guys, they never hold their tongue. All the one's I know will argue that their opinion is right until someone gets mad. This is just my opinion.

And darn it WC, I will fight for your right to express it!!! :thumbsup:

ETA: I really LOVE my new avi--if I must say so myself!! :hilarious:

sodascouts
04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
In my experience with "I'm always right" kinda guys, they never hold their tongue. All the one's I know will argue that their opinion is right until someone gets mad.

Good point!

I always try to be careful about making personal judgments about somebody I don't know. We only get glimpses of Don in interviews and things, so it's very possible that he may come across a certain way and it's not really a true picture of him as a person.

So I just close my eyes and listen to that magnificent voice singing those amazing songs, and I feel the Don love. ;)

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't know. I guess I can see how that comment could come across as "I take the high ground and keep schtum while others make stupid decisions", but I really don't think he meant it like that. I took it just as a fairly humourous comment. He has said good-naturedly in interviews before that they are like brothers - there are always disagreements depending on who didn't get much sleep or who has a problem with their kids that day, but that they are all a bit more accepting now and have learnt to let some things slide. I'm assuming that's what he meant. I don't doubt that he recognises the others have to bite their tongues at times, too.

The bit about everything being peaceful at the moment "but we haven't seen each other since New Year's Eve" is just a funny comment to me. Things look so much more serious in print. I'm pretty sure he made that statement with a small smile on his face.

Then again, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. I certainly agree that Don can seem a little self-righteous at times and that his perceived seriousness doesn't do him any favours... but that's him. I'm not sure he deserves some of the flack he gets. I think many of his comments are said with warmth and humour (however wry), particularly when it comes to band relations.

Freypower
04-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Troub, I understand your wish to defend Don but in this case the quotes were as negative as you could possibly get. I don't believe he 'bites his tongue'. I am sure that when he has an opinion he lets everybody know about it and yet he sounds as if he is the martyr here.

And what was with the 'we won't play new stuff - it never works' bit? It's like he is proud of it. Of course they're going to play the same old stuff. We already knew that. But I have to take issue with him. If he had felt like that before the LROOE tour not one of those songs would have been played. Of course, what he is saying is that none of the songs which were not played, ever will be. I think that is a terrible shame. No doubt, however, if he ever releases these solo projects, he will play songs from THOSE albums. Once they are released, of course. He can't risk them being put on YouTube.

For some reason I can't re-open the article but the 'Don Henley - Peace with the Eagles' line I found extremely unfortunate.

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
My intention was not to sound like a sycophant. I do not always believe that Don is right. I just didn't quite see the overriding negativity in those particular quotes. They are a few sentences taken out of what is presumably a fuller article. I found the comment about biting his tongue fairly amusing and a little more light-hearted than perhaps others did. That doesn't mean my perception is correct, but I wanted to offer a different approach. As you can see from the post I made straight after Cami, I took it with a pinch of salt. I also stated that "I'm sure Don has his say", meaning that, like you, I am certain he doesn't bite his tongue all the time!

As for the 'we will not play any new songs' comment - yes, it sounds a little abrupt, but ultimately, he was stating a fact. At the Tim show in London, some of the audience (and Tim himself) felt the hunger for 'the hits' from many in the crowd. We know that the majority of people want to hear the popular songs. The band knows that, too. Although I personally wish they'd sometimes branch out, try new things and play some different LROOE songs - we know the Eagles by now. It ain't gonna happen!

It's not that I can't understand where you guys are coming from - I guess I just didn't interpret Don's comments in the same way.

Freypower
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I appreciate what you're saying but see my edited comment about re the refusal to play even any other songs from LROOE.

ETA: Perhaps I'm in the minority (again)! about the 'the audience only wants to hear the hits' line. I'm not one of them. If I'd been at one of Tim's shows I would have been there to hear his new songs, not ICTYW and (especially) LWKUA for the umpteenth time.

Yes, the band has to cater for the majority who only want to hear 'the hits'. Don't the minority who would like to hear more recent songs have any influence on them at all? Apparently not.

Troubadour
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree that it would be wonderful to hear some different songs from the LROOE album... but it must be a band decision not to play them? Surely any of the Eagles would have stated the same as Don when asked? (Regarding the upcoming shows, "we will not be playing any new material"). It is a shame to a degree, but as you said earlier, we knew that would be the case.

Plus, I wouldn't even like to begin working out a setlist that would include the current LROOE songs, and most of the hits that people want to hear! So many incredible, iconic songs have already been dropped - and they're playing a three-hour show. Something's got to give.

I have just seen your edited comment, and I completely understand what you are saying. It's the eternal dilemma, I suppose. I like to hear new material also, but I suppose most people who go to shows are not quite as fanatical about the band as we are and if they pay big bucks and spend two hours sitting through songs they don't recognise, they will probably be fairly dissatisfied. I guess it's just a decision made by the artist. I admire Neil Young for standing up in front of an audience that was calling out for songs from Harvest, and not playing a single one of them! He stood there and played his new album from beginning to end... then started it over again. That took balls! The Eagles are never going to do that, though. And, if we're really truthful - would we want them to?

Freypower
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes. The fact is it's probably Glenn's decision. What he says goes (as Don implies). Perhaps Don would have liked to make changes and was vetoed. Who knows?

Nobody will ever agree on which of the old songs should have been dropped to make way for the new songs, either. So it's so much easier just to keep the old songs (despite the fact that some, including a couple of particular favourites of mine, were dropped). And a couple of the LROOE songs they ARE playing, are in my opinion the safe options.

Ultimately you have to ask, what is the point of recording new music if you are not prepared to test it on the public.

But also, I say to myself, what is the point of complaining? I haven't even seen the tour. At least it does appear that the LROOE songs will not be dropped entirely, as I feared.

04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, I know it's hard to believe, but once again, I can definitely see both sides of the issue here. I have always said that I think Don is very misunderstood. I will say that I do think that sometimes he is judged too harshly. But, on the other hand, I also think that part of that may be his own fault.

The part where he is judged too harshly - I believe people choose how they want to interpret what they see, read, or hear. I also think that we are all predisposed to judge others based on the impressions, beliefs, and feelings that we have formed about them. In all likelihood, those people who are predisposed to see Don in a negative light will read his comments, and put the most negative possible spin on them. Of course, the opposite is also true. Personally, I am predisposed to believe that he is a well meaning, good person, which is why I think he may be sometimes misunderstood. I believe it is important to try to be as honest and as objective as possible when judging a person or situation when we don't have all the details. I wonder if Glenn, Tim, or Joe had made similar remarks if we would be so quick to chastise them or would we give them the benefit of the doubt about what they meant?

And now for the part that may be his own fault – Don is a professional and when he makes comments like this, he should certainly be aware that they can be left open for interpretation. People don’t have the benefit of knowing how he is feeling or being able to read his body language, etc. When the spoken word is all people have to go on, then perhaps he should choose his words more carefully. There are times when I feel like he should keep his mouth shut, particularly when talking about his band or band mates. It makes it appear as if he is airing his dirty laundry publicly, and that makes him look unprofessional and tacky. As I always say, if you don’t want me to keep shooting you down, then quit giving me the ammunition.

whitcap
04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I just read the article in Rolling Stone magazine. The comment was meant as a joke.The text in Rolling Stone says
[QUOTE]“Things are peaceful, but we haven’t seen each other since New Year’s Eve," Henley jokes. "There are rarely flare-ups, but I have to bite my tongue fairly often. Eventually, I’m either going to have to get a tongue transplant or quit the band.”/QUOTE]

Freypower
04-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I just read the article in Rolling Stone magazine. The comment was meant as a joke.The text in Rolling Stone says

“Things are peaceful, but we haven’t seen each other since New Year’s Eve," Henley jokes. "There are rarely flare-ups, but I have to bite my tongue fairly often. Eventually, I’m either going to have to get a tongue transplant or quit the band.”I think the use of the word 'joke' refers to the 'New Year's Eve' part, not to the 'tongue' part.

But as Dreamer so eloquently stated, he should perhaps be given the benefit of the doubt here.

Troubadour
04-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Thanks for putting the quote a little more in context for us, whitcap. My instinctive reaction upon reading it was that it was light-hearted - my impression is that the light-heartedness continues into the second sentence, too. (Tongue-transplant? Come on - it's quite funny!)

Your post was very articulate and fair, Dreamer. I agree with you that Don sometimes makes comments that do not do him any favours. I just don't think these particular comments fall into that category.

Prettymaid
04-17-2010, 08:40 AM
I agree with Soda's and Dreamer's posts too, and I am guilty of giving whiplash remarks. It just makes sense that the people on this board who are Don fans would be able to see the humorous side of the quote and the people who tend to think that he sometimes comes across as needing some 'diet shampoo' would take the quote more harshly. I'll just say that 'the Don' who has been represented to me isn't someone I would like to pal around with, but as you guys pointed out, I don't really know the guy. I need to learn to be more tolerant.

Glennhoney
04-17-2010, 08:46 AM
..I think we all know this is not going to last forever..:sad:...I wonder if Don's comment as well as Glenn's comment (..not doing this for very long..) is their way of saying this is coming to an end...:worried:............

TimothyBFan
04-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I agree with Soda's and Dreamer's posts too, and I am guilty of giving whiplash remarks. It just makes sense that the people on this board who are Don fans would be able to see the humorous side of the quote and the people who tend to think that he sometimes comes across as needing some 'diet shampoo' would take the quote more harshly. I'll just say that 'the Don' who has been represented to me isn't someone I would like to pal around with, but as you guys pointed out, I don't really know the guy. I need to learn to be more tolerant.

Me also PM. Yeah, Yeah---I get it---I'm to judgemental! Oh Well--I call them as I sees them and he has given me all indications that he can be "harsh" so to speak. Granted, I don't know him so I will try to lighten up a bit and bite my tongue (if Don can, so shall I).

I believe people choose how they want to interpret what they see, read, or hear. I also think that we are all predisposed to judge others based on the impressions, beliefs, and feelings that we have formed about them. In all likelihood, those people who are predisposed to see Don in a negative light will read his comments, and put the most negative possible spin on them.

Very good point!!!

Troubadour
04-17-2010, 01:01 PM
No need to bite your tongue, Willie (I hear transplants are expensive). I love hearing what you and everyone else has to say, whether I agree with it or not! When comments are put out there, particularly by someone like Don, they are up for evaluation and interpretation. Nothing wrong with expressing your thoughts on them. There aren't any 'rights or wrongs' here - just our favourite word, 'opinions'. So keep on discussing - the board would be boring if we didn't! :thumbsup:

Freypower
04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
..I think we all know this is not going to last forever..:sad:...I wonder if Don's comment as well as Glenn's comment (..not doing this for very long..) is their way of saying this is coming to an end...:worried:............

I'm in optimistic mode today for a change, and to be fair to both of them, that isn't the vibe I'm getting at the moment.

Koala
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/eagles-0418/

Freypower
04-21-2010, 03:34 AM
I managed to find the relevant page on the new Henley interview in the revamped Rolling Stone website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/cms/digitalArchive#/2/1039/26/S

Use your left mouse button to zoom in. Of most interest to me was this throwaway line:

'I want to complete a global circuit' says the singer, who hopes to tour in Asia next.

TimothyBFan
04-21-2010, 07:17 AM
:thumbsup: :pray:

Prettymaid
04-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the link FP. I was asking for this in another thread. But when I click on it it says I have to be a full access member to view the page. :-(

sodascouts
04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna run to Borders and get this today!

Freypower
04-21-2010, 07:40 PM
This is the best I could do. I found when I tried to go back to it I have to register if I want the all access thing. To say the least the old site was not very user friendly and the new version is worse.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Wallpaper/Miscellaneous/RS1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Wallpaper/Miscellaneous/RS2.jpg

Koala
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Today I found this One Of These Nights album review.
Classic album: One of these Nights (http://www.kinston.com/articles/album-65002-new-patrol.html)

Freypower
04-30-2010, 07:17 PM
If you're curious to hear what the Eagles were all about before Glenn Frey discovered teeth whitener, this is a good place to start.

What, pray tell me, is the point of comments like this? What does it actually mean?

Prettymaid
04-30-2010, 08:30 PM
What, pray tell me, is the point of comments like this? What does it actually mean?

I guess it's his lame way of saying 'before they were making money' but there is no point to it. :eyebrow:

GettheLeadonOut!!
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
If you're curious to hear what the Eagles were all about before Glenn Frey discovered teeth whitener, this is a good place to start.

Didn't David Geffen fix Glenn & Don H's teeth when he signed them? This guy has his facts screwed up!!!

Wildthyme
05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Don is certainly making this tour sound like the end of the road in this interview :cry:

http://www.vancouversun.com/Eagles+final+flight/3000722/story.html

“I had hoped that we could go for two more years and reach the 40-year milestone,” singer-songwriter Don Henley told The Vancouver Sun in an exclusive interview. “But it’s looking more and more like the end of the trail is imminent.”

Britt
05-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I had a feeling this would be the end! But I do believe that Don and Tim will continue to do Solo tours, I HOPE!!!!

sodascouts
05-07-2010, 08:30 PM
“I had hoped that we could go for two more years and reach the 40-year milestone,” singer-songwriter Don Henley told The Vancouver Sun in an exclusive interview. “But it’s looking more and more like the end of the trail is imminent.”

Wow..... they don't even have 2 years left in them??

Freypower
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I had a feeling this would be the end! But I do believe that Don and Tim will continue to do Solo tours, I HOPE!!!!

I hope that Glenn and Joe also continue to tour.

I wish Don would not make these types of statements. He has three 'projects' lined up which I guess he would like to complete. I don't see why he needs to say this sort of thing. If it ends, it ends. Let's wait until it does.

Anyway surely next year is the 40 year milestone - 2011. They were formed in 1971.

And once again we are given an utterly irrelevant swipe at Glenn's career. Memo: The Heat Is On is NOT A BAD SONG.

And 'some stuff we don't normally do'? Seven Bridges Road. One song.

luvthelighthouse
05-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't know, maybe I'm in denial... but I'm not sure this could really be the end. After this year, they may break for a while... However, I can still see them coming back for summer tours and things of that nature in the future. Maybe not years long tours... but occassional shows and what not.

I honestly believe that they get something internal from playing to sold out crowds. The joy and rush that comes from seeing thousands of people light up and sing along to TIE, PIE, HC, ICTYW, RMW. As he said, the fans give them energy! When you live of that energy for so long, I don't know how they'll be able to easily give it up. Yes, they are older, but they aren't old!

I don't even think they know what their futures hold... but feel the need to set us up incase they take a long hiatus. No matter what, those four guys are the Eagles and I feel we'll be seeing them together for a while longer. (Now guys, don't make me eat my words)

Koala
05-09-2010, 04:22 AM
This articel its not really about Eagles it is rather about Hotel California!

http://www.vancouversun.com/Such+lovely+place+Lyrical+lore+Hotel+California/3002198/story.html

Koala
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Another article

http://www.theprovince.com/Eagles+limelight+long/3005765/story.html

Super Frey
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I still keep saying I'll believe it when I see it.

05-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for posting those last two articles, Koala. They were both interesting to read. Here is my favorite line though:

How many kids in this world should have been named Peaceful Easy Feeling?

Truer words have never been spoken. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
05-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't know how many more clues they have to give us. Glenn has said in recent interviews that they can't do three hours anymore. They seem to drop songs when their voices are struggling. Now Don says this. I still hope that they can do occasional appearances after this tour.

Freypower
05-09-2010, 11:27 PM
I think we should remember that it was Don who told Rolling Stone they were going to do a 'global circuit' and that he 'hoped' to tour Asia next. At the risk of pushing my own agenda, they surely cannot split up before they do that.

Koala
05-10-2010, 03:50 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2984676/don_henley_this_is_the_end_of_the_eagles_pg2.html? cat=2

Freypower
05-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Like I said, as long as they come to Australia one last time, I can live with it, but unfortunately Don seems to have sparked something of a firestorm.

Again.

TimothyBFan
05-10-2010, 08:16 AM
I just hate the rumors that these kind of interviews start. Just come out and say it's over if it will be but quit beating around the bush!

luvthelighthouse
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Personally, I think Don is having a laugh at this. I mean, you now his dislike for the media. He's pretty sitting back thinking... dang, I make one comment and suddenly there is this whirlwind of speculation of when will we stop touring. (I do hate the last article that speculates it's because of infighting between Glenn and Don.)

Who knows... maybe it is, maybe it isn't... like I said earlier though, I'm not even sure they know they're future plans.

It's been a good long run. I hope they make it to 40 years. Maybe they take next year off and come back for the 40 year tour... All I know is the the last show they have on the books is end of June... if they play It's Your World Now as the last song... I will quietly shed my tears and cling to hope for guest appearances.

05-10-2010, 10:27 AM
It's been a good long run. I hope they make it to 40 years. Maybe they take next year off and come back for the 40 year tour... All I know is the the last show they have on the books is end of June... if they play It's Your World Now as the last song... I will quietly shed my tears and cling to hope for guest appearances.

Amen, ltl. I feel exactly the same way!

I also agree that the band probably doesn't even know what their future plans are. As far as Don and Glenn's relationship being the cause, I'm not buying that. Of course, none of us, including that reviewer, knows anything with that regard. However, Don and Glenn have kept it together for this long so if they really want to hang in there until their 40 year milestone, I don't think they would let their relationship stop them.

I remember that back in 2005, there were several similar statements made by both Glenn and Don that lead many of us fans to seriously believe that they were going to call it quits at that time. And just look what's happened since then. Obviously, they aren't going to be around very much longer, but, I'm really hoping that they will make it to 40 years and will go out with a bang! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
05-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Not the Press, but didn't know where else to put this! I was watching The Office and they are eating ice cream of Eagles flavors. I'll have to rewind to hear the names again... but they were off shoots of Desperado, TITTL and Witchy Woman! :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
LOL! What's the episode about? Maybe we can find it online!

luvthelighthouse
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
It's new, tonight's epi, The Chump. They thought Michael was going to be depressed after breaking up w/his g/f... so they bought Ice Cream, the new Eagles flavors!:hilarious: My husband is watching tv, so I can't rewind it to find out the flavors... It was something like Despera-Dough, Witchy Womanilla, Cake It To The Limit...

Koala
05-14-2010, 03:30 AM
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/05/14/1191605/the-eagles-keep-the-spark-alive.html

TimothyBFan
05-14-2010, 08:40 AM
ICake It To The Limit...

:hilarious: That one is great!!!

Thanks Koala for the interview again. Our humble humble Timothy!!! Love it!

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
That's hilarious, LTL!

Koala - thanks for posting the interview!

Prettymaid
05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
That was a good Timothy interview.

I'm lovin' the Eagles ice cream flavors! Maybe we can think up a few more. How about Lyin' Ice Cream? Or Life In the Ice Cream? Okay I'm not very good at the flavors thing. :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Excellent idea, PM! We've got a whole thread to play around in:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2483

Koala
05-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Today I found this short article in the German press, that has really surprised me! I would have not thought that Tim's illness is perceived here!

Eagles Resume Tour

Today [May 20] the Eagles will start their tour again, after canceling a few shows so that Timothy B. Schmidt could recover from an unexpected surgery.The band canceled a handful of concerts when bassist Schmidt fell ill. Last Friday [May 14], he underwent an operation. Details about his illness are not known, but he will be healthy enough to resume the Eagles tour today in Denver, Colorado.

Prettymaid
05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
It seem All Things Timothy are perceived much more positively over there than in the states. :-(

luvthelighthouse
05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/eagles-scrap-two-stadium-shows_1143488

Pic of Glenn and Cindy included w/ a tidbit about cancelled shows.

Koala
05-26-2010, 01:45 AM
U2 and Christina Aguilera Cancel Concert Tours, Opening the Door for the Eagles
(http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5422866/u2_and_christina_aguilera_cancel_concert.html)
Here is an excerpt:

Even the Eagles, arguably the biggest overall concert draw over the past fifteen years, have had to cancel concerts this year as their fan base ages. Recent announcements on the cancellation of Eagles shows, in which they were supposed to appear with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban in both Philadelphia and Hershey, Pennsylvania have come with no explanation. Weak ticket sales are the only really plausible explanation, it would seem.

Freypower
05-26-2010, 03:52 AM
I would have thought U2 and the Eagles had fundamentally different audiences.

I know one thing. If they had not decided to do this what now appears badly thought out stadium tour, they would have seen that they were running out of time to get the Asian/Australian leg underway. It now seems very unlikely that they will get here at all this year now, because the window of available dates is closing fast (as well as Metallica, Leonard Cohen has announced a November tour). December is all that is left and although I saw them in that month both in 1995 and 2004 (due to heavy demand for a final Sydney show) I can't see it happening now.

Prettymaid
05-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Maybe some good will come of the "weak ticket sales" press and prices will come down.

TimothyBFan
05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Maybe some good will come of the "weak ticket sales" press and prices will come down.

We can only hope!

tbsfan
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
I would have thought U2 and the Eagles had fundamentally different audiences.

Not necessarily. They're my two favorite bands. But then, maybe I'm atypical because other acts one would expect the typical Eagles fan to like I'm not necessarily a fan of and the same can be said of my U2 fandom.

I'd been staying away from the U2 tour this time because I don't do stadium shows. Same goes for the Eagles/Dixie Chicks/Keith Urban triple bill. (I do like the Dixie Chicks & Urban.) Well, that and the higher price I'd be paying for a truncated Eagles set so I probably wouldn't have been going even if they were doing arena shows together.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :( It seems like the weak sales are for the stadium dates with other acts and not for the regular Eagles arena shows.

05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah - I actually wouldn't think the demographics of Eagles fans would be vastly different from U2 fans. I can definitely see the potential for some crossover. Okay, maybe the average Eagles fan is about ten years older. :wink:

And as far as ticket sales, unfortunately, I'm with tbsfan here. I guess if the economy here doesn't begin turning around in the near future, we may see a slight decrease in the prices, but probably nothing significant. I going to speculate that the shows with Keith and the Chicks didn't sell well because of ticket prices. But I'd bet it was more their fans rather than Eagles fans who were unwilling to pay that kind of money to see their favorites perform as an opening act for an hour at most. Keith and Chicks fans aren't use to paying the high ticket prices that Eagles fans are, so it was probably more of a shock to them. In retrospect, as FP said, this whole thing was ill conceived. The only way the Eagles can probably tour successfully with another act is by doing what they originally had up their sleeves - they need another megaact such as Fleetwood Mac whose fans are used to paying high prices, and would perceive paying $250 to see their favorite act share equal billing and time with the Eagles as a bargain.

sodascouts
05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
The only way the Eagles can probably tour successfully with another act is by doing what they originally had up their sleeves - they need another megaact such as Fleetwood Mac whose fans are used to paying high prices, and would perceive paying $250 to see their favorite act share equal billing and time with the Eagles as a bargain.

Now that would be a dream come true for fans like me! Too bad it fell through for some reason.

I'm afraid the Eagles will just say "To hell with it" and not tour anymore rather than reduce prices because tickets aren't selling. That's assuming, of course, that they are unwilling or unable to continue doing the full Eagles shows that do still sell.

Koala
05-27-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.theboot.com/2010/05/26/eagles-tour-shows-canceled/

Freypower
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
They can forget about getting a response.

What a shame so much is being made of this. I am sure the Eagles are not the only band to cancel shows, whether due to poor ticket sales or not. :-(

AzEaglesFan
06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
The 5/27/2010 issue of Rolling Stone magazine has a small article about ticket prices. One of the things they mention is the showes with the Eagles, Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks being cancelled. I didn't really get a chance to read it that close but I THINK it said that they wanted a 3 million dollar guarantee:eyebrow:

Eve
06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
The 5/27/2010 issue of Rolling Stone magazine has a small article about ticket prices. One of the things they mention is the showes with the Eagles, Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks being cancelled. I didn't really get a chance to read it that close but I THINK it said that they wanted a 3 million dollar guarantee:eyebrow:

Sorry, but that is just obscene....3 MILLION dollars.

sodascouts
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Eagles are mentioned in this:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/203086/concert-promoters-remove-service-fees-and-hike-vip-very-inflated-premium-packages/

This excerpt from the above regarding ILAA packages is pretty funny:

Eagles offer $895 "5-star" ticket packages that include a seat in the first 4 rows, a preshow party with dinner and drinks, an "exclusive Eagles gift," "hassle-free entrance to venue," "crowd-free merchandise shopping," the inevitable laminate, and parking. Sounds like a lot of money to have access to a merchandise sales room with no lines. But the promise of "free" drinks guarantees a lot of boomers downing as much alcohol as possible to get their 900 dollars' worth, followed by them drowning out Don Henley as they sing "Hotel California" at the top of their lungs.

Wildthyme
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Not sure if I should have put this here or not but its an interesting bit... While it mentions Glenn and Irving by name, the part I was interested in referred to the Eagles in general. Sort of. Lol

The quote I am talking about towards the bottom. Looks like you shouldn't give up yet on an Australia tour Julie (assuming Irving can get his way) :D

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-09/moguls-do-l-a-courtside-deals-as-lakers-battle-for-nba-title.html

Azoff said he often takes clients to games to do business. During the first game of the series, he said his goal was to convince Frey to go on tour in Australia.

Brooke
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Fp's gonna like Irving now! :lol:

Freypower
06-09-2010, 06:59 PM
The use of the word 'convince' I'm afraid does not fill me with optimism. Sorry.

EagleLady
06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
There's power in Positive thinking ;)

Freypower
06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
There's power in Positive thinking ;)

I understand that, but one also has to be realistic. To me the fact that Irving had to try and 'convince' Glenn means that Glenn basically does not want to come.

Koala
06-10-2010, 01:06 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view/20100610where_eagles_dare_economy_hasnt_grounded_c ountry-rockers_plans/srvc=home&position=also

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 07:41 AM
It tests how liberal the band’s base is, with the Chicks still carrying a stigma after bad-mouthing President Bush in 2003.

I am so TIRED of hearing that that's why people don't want to see the Chicks. NO--it has nothing to do with that for me. I didn't even pay attention to what they said. I simply DON'T LIKE THEM!!!!!

“In the Eagles, I do what I do and I am what I am, as Popeye would say,” he said. “I’m the bass player and mostly a harmony singer."Oh but honey--you are so MUCH more!!!! :inlove:

He tried out a few of the songs from his latest, last year’s “Expando,” on Henley and Frey. After “not getting much of a reaction,” the good-natured Schmit wasn’t dismayed.
“It just meant was that they weren’t Eagles songs,” he said. “I didn’t pout. I just put them in my back pocket.”Still don't get that. We all agree that there are several songs that could have sounded great as Eagles songs! I'm not bitter---it just meant a better Expando album for us!

The experience of fronting his own band in tiny clubs at age 62 has made Schmit appreciative of how good the Eagles have it, even in today’s tough ticket market.
“Very few people get to do this at this level, very few people get to do this at all,” he said. “So I couldn’t be happier getting the best of both worlds.Awww--our humble Timothy! Is it any wonder I love him so much?!?

Prettymaid
06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
That is a good interview with Tim. I wonder if now that Expando has been released and the "alpha dogs" have heard it, whether there are any second thoughts.

TimothyBFan
06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
That is a good interview with Tim. I wonder if now that Expando has been released and the "alpha dogs" have heard it, whether there are any second thoughts.

Oooh, hadn't thought of that!!! Good point! I hope so!!! Maybe next time, they'll think twice because it is a great album. (please see my Random thoughts post) :hilarious:

06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I am very much a fan of Expando and also have said that I believe several songs would have fit on the LROOE album. But, honestly, I doubt that there are any second thoughts about it from Glenn or Don. Let's face it, as we've been talking about in other threads, this band is all about hit songs. So if one or more of the songs from Expando had become a huge hit, THEN they would have had second thoughts. JMHO

ETA: But I look at it as it all turning out for the best. If they had used some of these song on LROOE, then we may not have had Expando or any Timothy solo shows - so for me, all is good! :thumbsup:

Koala
06-19-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/being-calm-comes-with-age-says-rocker/story-e6frf96f-1225881703901

AzEaglesFan
06-19-2010, 01:03 PM
be sure and vote. So far Bon Jovi is winning 65 to 10

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Ooh, a Joe tell-all! :hilarious: Good interview. Now we know that he works out and when he takes his nap.:nod:

Glennhoney
06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
...looks like "the Borderers" are voting...YES!:headbang: