PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

VAisForEagleLovers
08-28-2012, 09:56 PM
We were discussing this a little in the Felder thread, wondering if he was the 'Eagle' who was a friend, since he's playing at the GOP convention. However, it could be any of them. I have plenty of family and friends who have different political opinions and I'm still friends with them. :grin: Just because you're a friend of someone doesn't mean you'll vote for them. That's how I look at that interview.

Prettymaid
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks VA! Heading to the Felder thread....

Tiffanny Twisted
08-29-2012, 06:38 AM
I agree VA.

Friends and politics should stay seperate.

TimothyBFan
08-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Interesting!!!

Topkat
09-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Eagles reunion mentioned as one of the greatest tours

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-eagles-best-reunion-tours/

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Eagles reunion mentioned as one of the greatest tours

they spelled Schmit wrong!!...again...makes me crazy:brickwall::-x

Tiffanny Twisted
09-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Enjoed the articles,,,did you see GF"S mug shot?????

Even in those conditions,,,,he still looked good.
:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
The Eagles are mentioned, Glenn is quoted, and Don has a picture in this article about the upcoming PBS documentary about David Geffen.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywoodjew/item/david_geffen_documentary_reveals_self_made_man_who _re_fashioned_the_music_b

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
thanks Va,

Intresting article.

Qucik question, when is that special on pbs again??

tt

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I know I posted it somewhere. Maybe in Don's thread? A month or so ago. I think it's October, but as it gets closer, we'll see an announcement. As with all things PBS, it's subject to local listings.

sodascouts
09-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Here's the thread about it:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3813

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Here's the thread about it:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3813

Thank you, Soda!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Hmm. Two of Ultimate Classic Rock's top 10 Eagles songs aren't in the setlist...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-songs/

WalshFan88
09-23-2012, 10:47 AM
I usually hate lists that list songs, musicians, bands, etc but I really like their list. I can't really disagree with it. Of course I'm happy that #1 got #1. :hilarious: :D :nahnah:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree with you, Austin - not a bad list at all compared to some I've seen. I kinda wish they had done a Top 20 list though because there will always be glaring omissions when you do an Eagles Top 10 list.

I decided to post the order of their list and compare it to the one we did here on The Border in our recent 40th anniversary poll. If you put the two list together, you come up with some amazing songs ...

The Ultimate Classic Rock List

1. Hotel California
2. Take It Easy
3. Take It To the Limit
4. Lyin' Eyes
5. The Best of My Love
6. Heartache Tonight
7. Desperado
8. The Long Run
9. Already Gone
10. Life In the Fast Lane

The Border List

1. Take It Easy
2. Hotel California
3. Already Gone
4. Take It To the Limit
5. One of These Nights
6. Heartache Tonight
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
8. New Kid In Town
9. Life In the Fast Lane
10. I Can't Tell You Why

Six songs made the Top 10 on both of the lists. The only song in their Top 10 that didn't make our Top 20 was The Long Run, which finished at #22 in our poll.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-23-2012, 12:46 PM
VK-

THANKS FOR THE INTRESTING post

gUESS HC AND TIE ARE FAVORITES ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT.

i AM PARTICIAL TO THE LONG RUN HAVING SEEN IT DONE LIVE:)

TT

VAisForEagleLovers
09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Dreamer, thank you for putting that together!

Topkat
09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I like our Top 10 better than theirs...Where's our Top 20 list? I remember that we did it not too long ago!

Another surprise is that we did not pick Desperado for the Top 10, I was wondering where we ranked it?

09-23-2012, 01:10 PM
TK - Here is the full Border list from our poll.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769&page=8

One thing I will say is that to me, New Kid In Town belongs on any Eagles Top 10 list. That is just my opinion, but it is a really great song that is often overlooked.

Topkat
09-23-2012, 01:41 PM
It's funny, when I went through the poll, & found my list, I may have a different list today. It' so hard to rank these songs because there are days that maybe one song will appeal to you more than another.

I see that I left off "The Last Resort" from my list, but when I rewatched HFO yesterday, Don just blew me away on that song, so I would have switched something there, not sure what though?? :eyebrow: I would have to put that in my Top 20.

The final Border list is on page 4

09-23-2012, 02:11 PM
If I had to pick a Top 10 from the songs off of the two lists, my list would look like this ...

1. Hotel California
2. Heartache Tonight
3. Take It Easy
4. New Kid In Town
5. Take It To the Limit
6. Lyin’ Eyes
7. Already Gone
8. Peaceful Easy Feeling
9. The Long Run
10. Life In the Fast Lane

Freypower
09-23-2012, 05:53 PM
And mine, which turns out to be more similar to the Classic Rock list.

1. Hotel California
2. Take It Easy
3. Take It To The Limit
4. Lyin' Eyes
5. Heartach Tonight
6. Already Gone
7. Lilfe In The Fast Lane
8. One Of These Nights
9. Peaceful Easy Feeling
10. New Kid In Town

Their list contains no LROOE songs. My own top 10 would not include TITTL, AG or OOTN (OOTN would be in the Top 20). It is in a somewhat different order from what I have listed here.

WalshFan88
09-24-2012, 02:29 AM
My list (between the two lists):

1. Hotel California
2. Already Gone
3. Take It Easy
4. Life In The Fast Lane
5. The Long Run
6. Heartache Tonight
7. Take It To The Limit
8. One Of These Nights
9. Peaceful Easy Feeling
10. I Can't Tell You Why

Brooke
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Here's mine:

1. Take It Easy
2. Hotel California
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Already Gone
5. One of These Nights
6. Take It To The Limit
7. Heartache Tonight
8. Lyin' Eyes
9. Desperado
10.Life In The Fast Lane

VAisForEagleLovers
09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
A place in Texas is having Nest Fest next month. They've asked the Eagles to perform and the Eagles have not yet said 'no'. Of course, it's less than a month away and they've not yet said 'yes', either.

http://www.oakridgenow.com/2012/09/26/the-eagles-the-have-not-yet-said-no-to-nest-fest-2012/

sodascouts
09-26-2012, 05:57 PM
That reminds me of Joe's 4th of July gig at the high school. I guess you never know! Presumably they'd be playing for free or a greatly reduced fee; I doubt these people could pull together the kind of funds the Prince of Monaco did to get the Eagles to play.

But I have to say...

As the Eagles say, take it easy until it’s time for Nest Fest. Or take it to the limit. Take a break from life in the fast lane. Know that one of these nights (specifically Saturday, October 13) you’ll have that peaceful, easy feeling, even if you happen to be the new kid in town.

Gag me! lol

EaglesKiwi
09-27-2012, 05:00 AM
I had to laugh when I read the photo caption:

"Don Henley, Glenn Frey, and the rest of The Eagles have been invited to perform at Nest Fest 2012. They have yet to respond."

Umm... the photo was of DH, GF, Randy & Bernie!! Don't think they'll be getting that lineup somehow...

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Funny....I noticed that too.

thanks for the laugh:wave:

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 08:19 PM
That booboo won't score the Nest any points!

Topkat
09-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I would be shocked if the Eagles played this gig, unless one of Don's kids goes to one of those schools.....:)

Victim of Love
09-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Looking at a map, the only "Oak Ridge" I find is Oak Ridge North which is just outside of Houston. If that's the case then Don's kids certainly don't attend school there. But if they're going to accept the invitation they'd better do it pretty soon...October 13th is two weeks from today!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't know where this guy got this information, but he lives in Adalaide, Australia, and I know Glenn is supposed to be there this week doing promotion, but I haven't seen anything on Twitter or Google Alerts. But here is what this guy heard, take it as you will... I hope he meant Australia in 2014...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/tweets/Glenntour2014.jpg

TimothyBFan
10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Not sure if this is the place to put this or not. I'm reading Kicking And Dreaming by Ann & Nancy Wilson and there is a mention of the Eagles.

"Straight On" never started hail, but it also came together from another one of our writing retreats with Sue. When we brought that tune into the studio, we told bass player Steve Fossen to imagine "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" and to marry that beat with the EAGLES' sound. We were never a funk band, but we had spent so much time as a dance band in the early days, everyone could get with that groove when needed.

Personally, I'm not quite getting that feel in Straight On but anyways, I thought that was pretty cool.

WalshFan88
10-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Interesting! I don't either but Straight On is my favorite Heart song.

GlennLover
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Got this in a Google alert. More from Heart. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/ann-nancy-wilson-new-autobiography-kicking-dreaming-a-story-heart-soul-rock-roll-article-1.1170519?localLinksEnabled=false

Topkat
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Got this in a Google alert. More from Heart. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/ann-nancy-wilson-new-autobiography-kicking-dreaming-a-story-heart-soul-rock-roll-article-1.1170519?localLinksEnabled=false

Passing on Don & Glenn! Well, pretty interesting! I guess they didn't get every girl in town!! LOL

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I think it's a healthy thing that they were occasionally rejected, lol.

TimothyBFan
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Just got to that part in the book. It was at Elton John's birthday party and Nancy had just broken up with her boyfriend.

The news that I was single seemed to bring attention from all sides, and I had two of the Eagles, Don Henley and Glen Frey, flirt with me that night. But the one gent who was attached to my side all night was Bernie Taupin.....

GlennLover
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds like the article I posted over dramatized the story.

Grey Sadler
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
:hilarious: on the "rejection story"!!

OK, sorry I'm a little late on the favorite songs list...and I couldn't stop at 10, so...in chronological order...

1. Take it Easy
2. Peaceful Easy Feeling
3. Midnight Flyer
4. Certain Kind of Fool
5. Outlaw Man
6. Desperado
7. Already Gone
8. One of These Nights
9. Hotel California
10. Try and Love Again
11. Heartache Tonight
12. I Can't Tell You Why
13. Those Shoes

10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Just got to that part in the book. It was at Elton John's birthday party and Nancy had just broken up with her boyfriend.

Probably worked out for the best since Nancy went on to marry Cameron Crowe who is a good friend of Glenn's (and I presume Don as well). :cheers:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

thanks for posting the article was intresting

TimothyBFan
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Another mention of Don in Kicking and Dreaming.

In 1989 we began to work on Brigade, our third album for Capitol. We switched producers, but the overall concept was the same. The label thought we needed to rock harder, so in addition to the Diane Warren song "I Didn't Want to Need You," they insisted we do a song Mutt Lange had written called "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You." It was originally intended for Don Henley, but he passed. The demo was country.

I thought this was rather interesting since we were just talking in another thread about Don's country album.

sodascouts
10-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Oh my gosh, can you imagine him singing that? It would've been HOT!

Prettymaid
10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Ooooooh yeah!

sodascouts
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
As part of this interview, Azoff relates the tragic story of how the Eagles only got half a million dollars in royalties over five years from iTunes.

I cry.

http://www.thewrap.com/music/column-post/irving-azoff-calls-pandora-shitty-bemoans-era-idol-voice-58991?page=0,0

TimothyBFan
10-04-2012, 08:16 AM
As part of this interview, Azoff relates the tragic story of how the Eagles only got half a million dollars in royalties over five years from iTunes.

I cry.

http://www.thewrap.com/music/column-post/irving-azoff-calls-pandora-shitty-bemoans-era-idol-voice-58991?page=0,0

And the article goes on to say about that half a million, "Glenn Frey (http://www.amazon.com/Glenn-Frey/e/B000AQ1CJC) of the Eagles "equated that to what they'd make for 38 minutes of live music one night in Kansas City.""

A half a million for 38 minutes? Sounds like a pretty good gig to me! Are tickets overpriced?

Brooke
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
A half a million for 38 minutes? Sounds like a pretty good gig to me! Are tickets overpriced?

Oh, surely not! They should all have very nice retirement funds by now! Prelude to Obscurity? Not when you're that rich! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I cry for them all!...a little off the topic, but he mentioned iHeartRadio...I have heard of it...but I don't get what it is? does anyone know?

WalshFan88
10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh, surely not! They should all have very nice retirement funds by now! Prelude to Obscurity? Not when you're that rich! :hilarious:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Henley Honey
10-04-2012, 04:25 PM

I cry.

One Hundred Thousand Dollars a year in Royalties from iTunes seems pretty low. I'd be curious to see how much iTunes made off them vs. what they paid them in royalties.

Additionally, consider the fact that any royalties earned and any proceeds from live shows go into a collective pot that is the Eagles Corporation -- whatever the name may be. From that, deduct: The cost to lease or rent the venue, musician's salaries, roadies salary (and propably their medical insurance which is astronomical) security staff, lighting and sound guys, production people, Irving's cut, TAXES, behind the scenes support staff, travel expenses for everyone, liability insurance, etc. . . The costs go on and on and they are staggering.

It's not like Glenn is stuffing half a million dollars in his guitar case and running out the stage door with an evil grin on his face.

Then consider the additional individual expenses of the Principle band members after they are paid -- or their respective Corporations: Attorney fees, accountants, insurance costs, personal and corporate employee salaries and benefits, taxes and all other expenses incurred by a successful business -- not to mention wives, children, parental support, charitable contributions/foundations, etc . . .

As far as ticket prices go, they're a reflection of what people are willing to pay. If they charge $230. and nobody is buying, they'd have to adjust prices accordingly. That doesn't seem to be the case. They consistently sell out every venue they play.

Will they be in the poor house any time soon? Doubtful. They have worked long and hard for their success and I for one don't begrudge them a dime. JMHO.

10-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I agree that $100,000 grand a year is not a lot of money when you consider their overhead costs. By the time you factor in those expenses and divide the remaining amount among the members, it doesn't figure out to be much at all. And if the Eagles are only making this amount, imagine what lesser artists are making. I also agree with HH that the Eagles may not need the money, but the majority of artists are struggling to make enough money to survive in the music business.

I've said this many times before whenever this topic comes up - bands like the Eagles set the standard for ticket prices for other struggling artists. As HH said, it's all about supply and demand ... a.k.a. capitalism.

sodascouts
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm unsure of whether that figure was net or gross, which makes a big difference. I can only imagine how much these guys have to pay in taxes alone!!

Even if it's net, though, it's still certainly chump change to the Eagles.

I've said elsewhere they charge what the market will bear. It would take more altruism than most people possess to deliberately charge less than what you know you can get. A few artists do this, but not many.

While the Eagles are typically top earners, I'm not sure that's the case for iTunes. I think that younger artists probably fare better on iTunes than the Eagles. While many of us on here enjoy using iTunes, the majority of the Eagles' fans are not as keen on music in digital format as are the fans of, say, Lady GaGa or Adele. I imagine they outpace the Eagles considerably in iTunes sales.

10-04-2012, 06:35 PM
While the Eagles are typically top earners, I'm not sure that's the case for iTunes. I think that younger artists probably fare better on iTunes than the Eagles. While many of us on here enjoy using iTunes, the majority of the Eagles' fans are not as keen on music in digital format as are the fans of, say, Lady GaGa or Adele. I imagine they outpace the Eagles considerably in iTunes sales.

I agree that this is probably true, Soda. But Lady Gaga and Adele are still the exception. I think the difference is that back in the day, an artist didn't have to strike it rich to make a decent living in the music industry. Nowadays, unless they become a superstar, it seems that most artists struggle to make enough money to support themselves.

sodascouts
10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I think the difference is that back in the day, an artist didn't have to strike it rich to make a decent living in the music industry. Nowadays, unless they become a superstar, it seems that most artists struggle to make enough money to support themselves.

That's what the record companies are saying and many people believe it. However, I've read the opposite - that without the gatekeeping of the record companies and through digital distribution services like iTunes, more musicians are earning money off of their work.

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/innovation/articles/20120928/23515820547/out-with-old-with-new-how-innovation-has-completely-changed-music-business.shtml

It's true that there's less potential for them to be a mega-star, but then most musicians never did become mega-stars. Many a starving artist of yesteryear quietly packed up his guitar and left Los Angeles because he couldn't get a record deal and had no other way to get his name out there. Now that guy could put his music on iTunes. He won't get rich, but he'll get more than he would've gotten back in the day - which was nada.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I think the current average percentages from Apple are 35/65. Apple gets 35% and the label gets 65%. Each contract with each label might be different, and I'd read those numbers back in the 2007/2008 time frame. Each artist has a different deal with their label on what the cut is after that, and it could be different for each album.

I've often wondered two things:
1 - If an artist has a different contract for different albums, which would be the best deal for an artist, an MP3 from the original album or an MP3 from a greatest hits album? Regardless of the artist, if I'm paying $0.99 for a song and have a choice of which album to buy it off of, I'd like to pick the one that's the best deal for the artist. I would assume for most artists, the new the contract, the better it is, but who knows?

2 - There's a lot of talk about Apple (and others) being yet another entity that stands between the artist and the consumer. I wonder what the percentages were before the advance of MP3s. When you consider the manufacturing, etc, of albums and cassettes and CDs and the retail cut of the record stores, I wonder how the Apple ratio compares to that.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-04-2012, 07:27 PM
That's what the record companies are saying and many people believe it. However, I've read the opposite - that without the gatekeeping of the record companies and through digital distribution services like iTunes, more musicians are earning money off of their work.

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/innovation/articles/20120928/23515820547/out-with-old-with-new-how-innovation-has-completely-changed-music-business.shtml

It's true that there's less potential for them to be a mega-star, but then most musicians never did become mega-stars. Many a starving artist of yesteryear quietly packed up his guitar and left Los Angeles because he couldn't get a record deal and had no other way to get his name out there. Now that guy could put his music on iTunes. He won't get rich, but he'll get more than he would've gotten back in the day - which was nada.

Soda, it took me so long to type mine in I missed your last post with the link. What that article says is exactly what I was trying to say last week or so in the UMG/EMI thread we started. A big entity going after Apple and others to lower the percentage rate Apple gets means Apple will 'innovate' and find a way to go after artists independantly rather than through major labels for new music. It might take a while, but eventually, the concept of a major label will go away IMO. They'll make money off of existing contracts and that's it.

10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Well - who knows what the real truth is here. When we hear statements from Irving such as the one below, I presume he knows what he's talking about, having been in the industry for so long. I don't believe he or Glenn would lie about such a thing.

"It's way different now. It’s way more difficult,” Azoff told the crowd. “The odds are stacked against you.”
"In an earlier age, a hit record would help you sell out three days in Los Angeles, he said. Now you can't get a hit, and if you do, you open for someone in a club."

And artists probably are making more money now, but I wonder if they are getting a higher percentage? I realize that the record companies were/are far from perfect, but I would think their artists do benefit quite a bit from the record company's marketing and promotion of their records. As we often say, the real truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

sodascouts
10-04-2012, 10:05 PM
VA - I agree, and I don't think it's a bad thing.

It will be hard for the old guard to adapt, especially those who thrived in the old system like Azoff. Of course he's not going to embrace change, and he's going to complain. However, you can't stop progress.

And dreamer, Henley's op-ed on SOPA that was riddled with factual errors and bad stats he got from the RIAA showed me that even our guys are capable of being misled by record company propaganda.

10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Well - I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. As I said, I would think that both sides have their version of the truth. The guy in the article that you posted earlier certainly has a bias and an agenda to push as well. I will give both sides the benefit of the doubt and say that they both have some valid points. :thumbsup:

EaglesKiwi
10-05-2012, 02:38 AM
It's not like Glenn is stuffing half a million dollars in his guitar case and running out the stage door with an evil grin on his face.

Oh what a priceless image. :hilarious:

As far as ticket prices go, they're a reflection of what people are willing to pay. If they charge $230. and nobody is buying, they'd have to adjust prices accordingly. That doesn't seem to be the case. They consistently sell out every venue they play.

Will they be in the poor house any time soon? Doubtful. They have worked long and hard for their success and I for one don't begrudge them a dime. JMHO.
Well said. I don't begrudge a cent that I spent on going to see them - including the cost of overseas travel. It was absolutely a dream come true and one of the best nights of my life. :)

WalshFan88
10-05-2012, 05:20 PM

:rofl:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey me neither...I ust want a good seat with true eagles fans around me ...althought I gotta agree that the visual on what HH said about GF stuffing money guitar case....lol:hilarious:

Topkat
10-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I cry for them all!...a little off the topic, but he mentioned iHeartRadio...I have heard of it...but I don't get what it is? does anyone know?

IHEartRadio is a group of radio stations that have promotional concerts in NY & I think LA.When an artist has a new album out, they may do an IHeartRadio show to promote it. This is how I got to see Joe for free! The show is a private small venue with about 200 people. You have to win tickets through the radio stations or in my case, I tweeted them & they sent me free tickets. There was also recently a big IHeartRadio show in Vegas where I believe tickets were sold, but also many radio stations gave away tickets.

As for the Eagles not making much money on Itunes, well this doesn't shock me. Most Eagles fans are over 50 & already have all the albums on cd. There are some younger fans but I doubt many under 30. I have never bought an Eagles song on Itunes & I probably never will. Their last cd, LROOE didn't produce any radio hits, so most people either bought the cd, or never even heard of the album. Before that, the previous cd was HFO, which was 1994, a long time ago. Most people already own that.
The Eagles don't bring in a new audience of young fans because they don't appear on tv shows or at the Music Award shows, so young people are just not exposed to their music, unless by their parents. For these reasons I believe they are not big sellers on Itunes.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Disgusting...

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/164075-eagles/

sodascouts
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh, Puh-Leeze.WhatEVER!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/haters-gonna-hate-1.jpg

zeldabjr
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
oh let me at 'em!!!:evil::enraged::cuss::machinegun:.....there now I feel better

SallyGee
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
REALLY????????????? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????????????????

TimothyBFan
10-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm sure I'll be the lone wolf here, which seems to be my way lately. But I found that rather amusing. Seriously, we've seen a lot worse reviews that were a lot more serious. So what, these 2 guys aren't fans but they are funny about it.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Ok were these Bozos even born when hc was out??:sword::machinegun:

Freypower
10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
It's not really meant to be taken that seriously.

Some of the points about HC are valid. For all the myth of it being the big guitar album which showcases Walsh & Felder that really only happens on two tracks, the title track & LITFL. Apart from Victim Of Love the rest of it is indeed 'mellow'.

However, the usual cliches about Henley's 'smugness' & the inevitable Big Lebowski reference & the 'they were too successful' stuff ultimately negates any point they try to make. They are also completely wrong about Jann Wenner. Rolling Stone hated the Eagles & to this day only write about them very reluctantly.

sodascouts
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Lindsey Buckingham sometimes wishes Fleetwood Mac were the Eagles! Here's the quote, taken from a recent Rolling Stone article (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lindsey-buckingham-i-would-love-to-do-a-new-fleetwood-mac-album-20121102):

"Still, [Fleetwood Mac]'s famously contentious dynamic has left Buckingham with a sense of humor, not to mention an appreciation for other argumentative artists. 'Sometimes I wish we were the Eagles. That's one thing they've always been able to do is want the same thing for the same reasons,' Buckingham says with a dry laugh. 'They probably don't share the same sensibilities as people and they may not spend much time together, but somehow they're able to put that aside and get on with the business of doing business, and there's something to be said for that.'"

11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Amen Lindsey!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
wow ,such a powerful statment
amen lindsey.:thumbsup:

GlennLover
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
This is an article about Jack Tempchin & the 40th anniversary of "Peaceful Easy Feeling". It tells the story of how jack wrote it & how the Eagles came to record it. Mention was made of the fact that Jack was interviewed at length for the upcoming history of the Eagles.

http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/music/jack-tempchin-s-peaceful-easy-feeling-turns/article_8637cab5-20a6-5a94-8c95-8f025fb6195d.html

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Eagles/JackTempchin.jpg

zeldabjr
11-11-2012, 12:08 AM
great article...I loved reading the part about what Peaceful Easy Feeling is really about...very cool!

Prettymaid
11-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I want to go to that Wienerschnitzel!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM
wow great article. thanks for posting it

TimothyBFan
11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Great find, Ann. I love this part---
"The acoustic guitar in question was a used Stella, which he had bought at a downtown pawn shop for $13. ("I still have that guitar and play it from time to time," Tempchin noted.)At the time, he and his guitar -- which had a homemade strap made of string -- were virtually inseparable."

$13 and he still has and plays it---I'd say he got his money there. :hilarious: And the strap made of string. I LOVE hearing these kind of stories!!!

Prettymaid
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah, don't you wish you were walking down the street back then and saw a long haired hippy guy sitting on the concrete table at the Wienerschnitzel with a guitar with a string for a strap, strumming and singing, "This voice keeps whispering in my other ear, tells me I may never see you again." ?

*sigh* I was born 10 years too late and 2000 miles too far east!

TimothyBFan
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
*sigh* I was born 10 years too late and 2000 miles too far east!

Me too!!! :unimpressed:

Brooke
11-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Great article GL! And I love your sig pic of JT! Thanks!

Wow, I would have been 16.....just looking for a cool, hippy guy.....but I already had one here in MO! I never even dreamed of going to California! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
It's an interview with JD Souther, but Don and Glenn are mentioned quite a bit.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/a-pop-zelig-on-screen-and-off-j-d-souther-on-nashville-and-his-colorful-career/

Topkat
11-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Here's an article talking about the Eagles playing at the MGM Grand, but it mentions that they had previously done a 30 song, 3 hour set?? Well, when was that? Anyone at the last shows in Vegas, can you confirm this? I thought it was the 19 song set we saw in Atlantic City....
When was the last time they did a 3 hour set? Like LROOE tour, if I'm not mistaken, or even before that one..
Can one of you experts answer, because I thought the 3 hour set was LONG gone!

http://www.lvrj.com/neon/eagles-playing-mgm-staying-busy-with-solo-endeavors-band-projects-179623381.html?login=y

VAisForEagleLovers
11-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Just ignore it. There's so many errors in this piece of journalistic crap it's not worth discussing.

EaglesKiwi
11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
When was the last time they did a 3 hour set? Like LROOE tour, if I'm not mistaken, or even before that one..
Can one of you experts answer, because I thought the 3 hour set was LONG gone!
While we're waiting for one of the experts... they were still doing the 3 hour setlist in December 2010 (Australia) as part of the LROOE tour. I would assume they were still doing it in Asia as they finished up that tour in 2011, and since then I think they've pretty much only done festivals (e.g. Hop Farm in the UK) and one-off stuff (Vegas, Vegas, Vegas & a few others!).

sodascouts
11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Yep. They haven't played a "proper" show in over a year.... Just abbreviated ones.

11-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Well - I don't claim to be an expert, but I have been to a show or two. :wink: I did a little research in the concert review thread, and it seems like the last 3-hour (give or take a few minutes) show in the U.S. was the Louisville, KY show in October, 2010. (Guess I was lucky to be at that one). By the time they hit Europe in the summer of 2011, the setlist had been scaled back. Here is a setlist Koala posted in one of those threads ...

1. Seven Bridges Road
2. How Long
3. Take It to the Limit
4. Hotel California
5. Peaceful Easy Feeling
6. I Can’t Tell You Why
7. Witchy Woman
8. Lyin’ Eyes
9. Long Road Out of Eden
10. Walk Away
11. The Boys of Summer
12. In the City
13. The Long Run
14. Life’s Been Good
15. Dirty Laundry
16. Funk #49
17. Heartache Tonight
18. Life in the Fast Lane
19. Take It Easy
20. Rocky Mountain Way
21. Desperado

sodascouts
11-18-2012, 03:27 PM
The Asians fared better than the Europeans. Here's what they got in March 2011:

(Tokyo setlist for March 6, 2011):

Seven Bridges Road
How Long
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Best of My Love
Take it to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Walk Away
One of These Nights
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

- encore -
Take It Easy
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

==============

But those were the last of the 3-hour shows. Here's hoping they bring 'em back next year!

Topkat
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Is that set list for a 3 hour show? 21 songs wouldn't be 3 hours.
The set list in Atlantic City was 19 songs, & it was nowhere near 3 hours, In fact I don't think it was even 2 hours??????

When I saw them the other night it was 1 hour, 11 songs.
That Tokyo set list looks like the LROOE setlist, so that would be the 3 hours with a break in there, looks right.

Thing is that they did that in Tokyo, so that was their LROOE show finally getting over to Tokyo.

It just seemed to me like that article we were originally referring to the author was insinuating that the Eagles were doing a 30 song 3 hour show in Vegas, which we all know that is NOT going to be the case. I just thought it was pushing the envelope there, trying to sell tickets!

sodascouts
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I loathe that news source anyway. They sue Eagles fans.

Freypower
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
In December 2010 Australia got the 3 hours, LROOE show. TK, that article is incorrect. This sort of thing happens all the time & is hardly worth worrying about.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Nothing really new here, just a year-end retrospective. Includes links to CBS Local interviews.

http://1041jackfm.cbslocal.com/2012/12/31/2012-artists-in-review-the-eagles/

sodascouts
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I need to work up one of those!

EaglesKiwi
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I need to work up one of those!
Yes please.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
A pic from 2008 but nice to look at all the same.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-live-nation-filings-hint-at-irving-az-001,0,4934372.photo

Tiffanny Twisted
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Wow they really look happy.
wonder what they were talking about??
thanks for posting such a nice happy picture.

Topkat
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Looks like they are having a laugh over something!

sodascouts
01-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I thought this blog entry was cool - it has a little story and a great pic. The photographer had hoped to get it to Bernie but sadly, I don't know how the heck to contact that guy.

http://www.jgphoto.com/?p=3479

Topkat
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Love Bernie in his shorts & that patch falling off of Glenn's knee...Great shot!:thumbsup:

Grey Sadler
01-15-2013, 08:51 PM
...sweet mother of...:faint:

Can someone come over and help me pick my lower jaw up off the floor?? :woah:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I thought this blog entry was cool - it has a little story and a great pic. The photographer had hoped to get it to Bernie but sadly, I don't know how the heck to contact that guy.

http://www.jgphoto.com/?p=3479

wow I love that picture and article......even the black and white...so cool

TimothyBFan
01-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Link isn't coming up for me this morning. :sad:

Brooke
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Works for me. Love it!

Randy is looking especially HS & G there! :inlove:

TimothyBFan
01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Now it's working for me. Must of been my computer this morning.

NIIIIICE Shot!!!!

Grey Sadler
01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Works for me. Love it!

Randy is looking especially HS & G there! :inlove:

Um, yeah...between looking at Sunshine & Sugar there, I can't get a thing done here at home today!! :faint:

and IMO, the list of Smilies needs a little one fanning itself because it has the vapors...just sayin'...;)

Tiffanny Twisted
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
I just really like the picture even though Bernie is a guy who should not be wearing shorts :hilarious: and the article is cool too:thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Now it's working for me. Must of been my computer this morning.

NIIIIICE Shot!!!!

I was getting an error for awhile too so you're not alone. It was worth the wait though :D

sodascouts
01-16-2013, 06:14 PM
That's a terrific picture of Randy, and I actually think Bernie looks cute in those shorts!

As for Glenn's jeans, I don't think that's a patch coming loose - I think it might be a sticker that's peeling off. Although it's circular and not rectangular, there's a guy wearing a sticker on his jeans in the photo I used for the wallpaper below (the large background, on the right, by the paper cup - not the small inset photos of the Eagles).

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/WPOOTNBackstageA.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
very cool soda

WalshFan88
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Love that pic (of the guitar cases).

VAisForEagleLovers
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Putting this here since the first three stories mentioned are Eagles-related. The interview with Glenn is obviously from last year, and I've not listened to the audio yet.

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

VAisForEagleLovers
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM
This site will let you vote for your favorite Eagles song of all time and then enter to win tickets to see Don in AC next weekend.

http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/listener-vote-the-greatest-eagles-song-of-all-time/

zeldabjr
01-24-2013, 10:38 PM
This site will let you vote for your favorite Eagles song of all time and then enter to win tickets to see Don in AC next weekend.

http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/listener-vote-the-greatest-eagles-song-of-all-time/

thanks VA...I entered!

01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Wow - not at all sure about that list. I know you can't please all the people all the time, but how in the world could they not include Heartache Tonight? :headscratch:

TimothyBFan
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I voted and entered and if I win, one of you lucky gals can have my tickets because I won't be going to AC. So you all better be really nice to me!!! :hilarious:

Brooke
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
I voted and entered too, but I'm keeping my ticket if I win! I'd love to go!

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I entered my vote alright but surprise surprise, they would not take my address so I can't register for the tix!

Witchy Woman
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
So I entered the contest, saying to myself "This is exactly the thing I would win, tickets to show I already have tickets to !!". Well, guess who got a phone call this morning that they won !! I figure even though I already paid I'm sure the seats I won will be better than the ones I have. So I got a free upgrade !!

Troubadour
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Seriously? Wow! Way to go, WW!

01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Awesome, WW!!! I'm anxious to see where those prize seats are.

sodascouts
01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
That's terrific, WW! I've entered contests where I've already had a ticket bought, too... it's all part of being a hardcore. ;)

Topkat
01-31-2013, 04:15 PM
WW, That's great, now you can sell your other tickets or take some friends!! Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Brooke
01-31-2013, 05:29 PM
WW, that's awesome! I can't believe one of 'us' actually won!

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Congrats WW. Thats brilliant for you, and I too am delighted a borderer won.

I won tix to Spandau Ballet a few years ago having bought a set. We took our next door neighbours and in turn they volunteered their daughter as a babysitter! Our seats were in row 7. They were a little further back but they said they still had a great view.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
So I entered the contest, saying to myself "This is exactly the thing I would win, tickets to show I already have tickets to !!". Well, guess who got a phone call this morning that they won !! I figure even though I already paid I'm sure the seats I won will be better than the ones I have. So I got a free upgrade !!
OMH WW way to go...
did they tell you where your seats are??
tt

Glennhoney
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
WOW..I'm impressed...congrats and enjoy the show..:thumbsup:

GlennLover
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Wow! That's great! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Witchy Woman
02-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks Everybody !!

OMH WW way to go...
did they tell you where your seats are??
tt

No. They just said I was on the guest list. I can't wait to see where they are !!

TimothyBFan
02-01-2013, 08:59 AM
How cool is that? Congrats WW!!!!!

Houston Debutante
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Terrific, WW, I'm eager to see where you wind up too.

prayfordaylight
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Congrats! Hope they're good!

GettheLeadonOut!!
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
From Rolling Stone, interesting quotes from Bernie, Randy & Felder:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/flashback-all-the-eagles-unite-for-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-20130207

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Of course, almost all the quotes are from 2008 but it was still a good read. I can't wait to hear the more recent 'quotes' in the movie!

Freypower
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Felder manages to avoid the fact that he was dismissed when he said he 'took the abuse until he could no longer tolerate it' & 'stood up for himself'. As for 'I wasn't willing to do it for the money'.....

sodascouts
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Definitely a good read. Thanks for posting it!

Topkat
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Eagles are donating a signed guitar for an auction to raise money for the Newtown shooting victims in Ct.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-newtown-auction-guitar/

03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Wow - as much as I'd love to have that, I hope some very generous rich person pay an outrageous amount for it so that LOTS and LOTS of money is raised for the victims. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow - as much as I'd love to have that, I hope some very generous rich person pay an outrageous amount for it so that LOTS and LOTS of money is raised for the victims. :thumbsup:

I had the same thoughts, Dreamer! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
I love to see them doing this kind of thing. I'm sure it will raise a good deal of money for the cause.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
This is about the tour, the DVD pre-order, and the movie itself, so I'm putting it here.

Could this be a misprint?

“History of the Eagles” premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January, and made its broadcast debut on Showtime last month. The roc doc will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on April 30 as a three-disc set that includes History of the Eagles Part One and History of the Eagles Part Two, as well as Eagles Live At The Capital Centre - March 1977, from the band’s two-night stand at Washington, D.C.’s Capital Center during the Hotel California tour. Preorders are available now through Amazon.com and the Eagles website, www.eaglesband.com as well as through Ticketmaster when purchasing the DVD/tickets bundle.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/1554161/eagles-announce-history-tour-11-summer-dates

EaglesKiwi
03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Well it makes sense to do a DVD/Tickets bundle.

The Eagles website has international pre-orders too, but only buttons for Australia, Canada and UK so far... (grrr. Then again, I have family in Australia...)

I'm tossing up whether to get the super deluxe limited edition version...

EaglesKiwi
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Darn, the deluxe version is Region A discs "which may not play outside the US/Canada".

Houston Debutante
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm glad I didn't pre-order yet if I can get a better deal with a bundle. I'm definitely going to a show if they come anywhere near me at all.

Freypower
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Darn, the deluxe version is Region A discs "which may not play outside the US/Canada".

As I have said, you & I will have to order it through amazon.co.uk where we can get Region B Blu Rays. I very much doubt I would also order the deluxe stuff as well because it is too expensive & I would be throwing away Blu Rays I can't play.

Could you provide a link to the international pre-order part because I couldn't find it.

EaglesKiwi
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Could you provide a link to the international pre-order part because I couldn't find it.

http://www.eaglesband.com/historyoftheeaglesdvd
(From their site, click on the "preorder" button, then down the bottom right it has the 3 flag icons for UK/Canada/Aust

And when you click on the "Australia" button:

http://www.getmusic.com.au/campaigns/eagles

Freypower
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
OK, thanks. I don't know what to get.

ETA: I will probably be getting the Blu ray with the two parts of the documentary on one disc. This means I will miss out on the bonus concert disc unless there is a change to the Blu Ray package which will include this.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Could our guys be in Australia in 2014? You never know... These romotors of Stone Fest say it costs more to fly a band in and out for one gig, but since our guys will tour there eventually anyway, who knows?

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/35494/Stone-Music-Festival-on-2014-headliners-It-could-be-Muse-Kings-Of-Leon-or-Pearl-Jam#

Freypower
04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Could our guys be in Australia in 2014? You never know... These romotors of Stone Fest say it costs more to fly a band in and out for one gig, but since our guys will tour there eventually anyway, who knows?

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/35494/Stone-Music-Festival-on-2014-headliners-It-could-be-Muse-Kings-Of-Leon-or-Pearl-Jam#

It isn't the sort of event they would play. The one that just finished was aimed at hard rock fans, even though Billy Joel played. In any case it was a huge flop. If they come here I would imagine they would do indoor shows, not a festival like this. I just can't see them coming here at the start of next year when they will barely have covered the US & won't have done Europe.

* I think Glenn would rather wait a while, in any case... ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2013, 07:24 AM
While I totally agree with what you just said, FP, they seem to have arranged this entire first leg of the tour around the Salmon Festival in a remote area of Canada as an outdoor festival. The difference as I see it is that the Salmon Festival has been getting progressively more successful each year.

Houston Debutante
04-23-2013, 03:23 PM
And they played Austin City Limits festival in 2010.

glenneaglesfan
04-23-2013, 04:31 PM
A heads up to everyone, that the Eagles have been announced as guests on the BBC One Show tomorrow at 19.00 hrs BST. Complete surprise to me, but you all can catch it!

tequila girl
04-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that GEF i'm just sitting here waiting for Jools Holland where I was expecting to see Glenn & Joe......but on the trailer for the show a while back Jools said....."and in the studio - The Eagles" :fainted: So we'll see! :-)

tequila girl
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, they've just been on.......a very brief interview and guess what??? it was Joe & Timothy! lol
But interesting tidbit for us in the UK Jools said "The History of The Eagles" will be airing on BBC2 next month - of course we'll all have the dvd by then - but never mind! :nod:

Freypower
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe Glenn & Joe will do the One Show. They did it a few years ago.

As far as open air festivals, I know they've done them, but they've done them in countries with bigger population bases who are more willing to go to these things. I think they'd lose a lot of money if they tried to do it in Australia. Recently Paul Simon & Robert Plant shows at a vineyard in the Hunter Valley had to be moved to Newcastle due to poor ticket sales.

Houston Debutante
04-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Well, they've just been on.......a very brief interview and guess what??? it was Joe & Timothy! lol
But interesting tidbit for us in the UK Jools said "The History of The Eagles" will be airing on BBC2 next month - of course we'll all have the dvd by then - but never mind! :nod:

Joe and Timothy? I wonder if Don's there yet.

Topkat
04-24-2013, 12:08 PM
crap. I missed it. Does this show repeat?

prayfordaylight
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Palladia will show them I'm sure. And if people are desperate to download the shows, I belong to a great UK torrent site (PM me for info).

GlennLover
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
A heads up to everyone, that the Eagles have been announced as guests on the BBC One Show tomorrow at 19.00 hrs BST. Complete surprise to me, but you all can catch it!

Did anyone see this?

glenneaglesfan
04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I watched it! It was Glenn and Joe. They were talking about the new DVD and old concerts over here. Glenn looks amazing. Joe was his usual loveable self! Last time they were on I had a DVD recorder, but that packed up. Some of you may be able to access iplayer to watch this.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Whoever did the interview is taking some serious heat on Twitter for asking them about JLS breaking up. I had to Google them to find out who they are (and I've forgotten already).

GlennLover
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I watched it! It was Glenn and Joe. They were talking about the new DVD and old concerts over here. Glenn looks amazing. Joe was his usual loveable self! Last time they were on I had a DVD recorder, but that packed up. Some of you may be able to access iplayer to watch this.

I can't access the player. I get a message that video can only be viewed in the UK! :cry:

Freypower
04-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Whoever did the interview is taking some serious heat on Twitter for asking them about JLS breaking up. I had to Google them to find out who they are (and I've forgotten already).

I've never even HEARD of JLS. I seem to remember the last time they went on this show they were also asked stupid, irrelevant questions.

TimothyBFan
04-25-2013, 07:25 AM
OK--Who is JLS and why were the Eagles asked about them breaking up? :headscratch:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2013, 07:28 AM
A band that just recently announced they are calling it quits.

http://www.jlsofficial.com/gb/home/

prayfordaylight
04-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I can't access the player. I get a message that video can only be viewed in the UK! :cry:

Yeah, you need to go through a proxy to get iPlayer to work outside the UK. I just don't bother. Everything ends up on torrent sites or YouTube eventually.

GlennLover
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah, you need to go through a proxy to get iPlayer to work outside the UK. I just don't bother. Everything ends up on torrent sites or YouTube eventually.

Thanks, pfd. I guess I'll just have to be patient. :-(

Outlawman13
04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
LOL I'll have to be patient as well. It's going to be hard!!!!!

TimothyBFan
04-26-2013, 08:52 AM
A band that just recently announced they are calling it quits.

http://www.jlsofficial.com/gb/home/

Then I can see why the interviewer is taking some heat. Seems pretty senseless to ask them about a group they have nothing to do with. I wonder how our Eagles handled the question.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Then I can see why the interviewer is taking some heat. Seems pretty senseless to ask them about a group they have nothing to do with. I wonder how our Eagles handled the question.

The tweets I saw ranged from 'very polite' to 'have a lot of respect for how they handled it' to 'they looked like they were wondering why they were on the show'. Some of the last tweets also included the hyping of the upcoming garden segment in and around Glenn and Joe's time on the show.

GlennLover
04-26-2013, 09:12 AM
The last time Glenn & Joe were on this show (to promote LROOE) they had them commenting on Halloween, Buffalo Bill, finances & the lost art of letterwritting by hand. :headscratch: They were good sports, but I would much rather have heard more about what they were doing! :scowl:

Houston Debutante
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Well we also complain when they get asked the same old questions too. At least we get to hear something different when the questions are off-the-wall. Still ~ JLS??

Freypower
04-26-2013, 09:25 PM
As I said earlier we have downloaded this so I hope to get screenshots.

TimothyBFan
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
From Ultimate Classic Rock. I also posted in the Glenn In The Press thread but it also mentions the other guys.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-glenn-frey-american-idol-x-factor/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks, TBF, I posted the full interview (not done by UCR) over in Sundance. Check it out if you want the real story instead of UCR's spin. I have to wonder if they do this with every article, or if they just hate the Eagles.

Freypower
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
We watched the One Show. It was much better than I had expected after what I had heard about the JLS questions. Glenn & Joe sat there for the whole show so they got to answer questions in between the other stories. I never thought I would hear Angela Rippon (BBC newsreader) lecture Glenn & Joe on password protection. Reginald D. Hunter was a guest. He is an American comedian now resident in the UK & is a favourite in our house. He got some laughs out of Joe.

When they were talking about bans breaking up Glenn said they broke up more with a whimper than a bang. I never thought I'd hear Glenn reference T.S. Eliot. He looked very good (they both did) but he was very guarded. He seems more relaxed in a solo capacity during interviews than when he does the In Charge of the Eagles stuff. He cackled, though, when Joe said about the end of HC that he & Felder played the duelling guitars at the end 'so that neither of them would win'.

I hope to get screen shots tomorrow.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2013, 07:30 PM
We watched the One Show. It was much better than I had expected after what I had heard about the JLS questions. Glenn & Joe sat there for the whole show so they got to answer questions in between the other stories. I never thought I would hear Angela Rippon (BBC newsreader) lecture Glenn & Joe on password protection. Reginald D. Hunter was a guest. He is an American comedian now resident in the UK & is a favourite in our house. He got some laughs out of Joe.

When they were talking about bans breaking up Glenn said they broke up more with a whimper than a bang. I never thought I'd hear Glenn reference T.S. Eliot. He looked very good (they both did) but he was very guarded. He seems more relaxed in a solo capacity during interviews than when he does the In Charge of the Eagles stuff. He cackled, though, when Joe said about the end of HC that he & Felder played the duelling guitars at the end 'so that neither of them would win'.

I hope to get screen shots tomorrow.

Do you know the link to watch the video?

Freypower
04-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Do you know the link to watch the video?

We downloaded it. We subscribe to a downloading website.

Elizasong
04-28-2013, 09:58 PM
We downloaded it. We subscribe to a downloading website.

Is there a place on this web site where you save it? I couldn't play the video because BBC doesn't allow people outside the UK to play it.

Freypower
04-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Is there a place on this web site where you save it? I couldn't play the video because BBC doesn't allow people outside the UK to play it.

I'm sorry, but all I have is the video file on my computer. I can't send Soda the file by email because I got a message saying 'not enough memory'. The show is an hour long & it contains stories on other topics besides the Eagles. Glenn & Joe are featured throughout, not just in one segment.

This is the link, however, and no, I couldn't play it either:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s2t6s

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/272x153/legacy/episode/b01s2t6s.jpg?nodefault=true

prayfordaylight
04-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I gave Soda the link to the UK tv downloading site I use so hopefully she managed to get a copy.

HiredHand
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Considering all the guys were born in 47/48 they look very youthful! Nice to see the Eagles getting recognized again.

GlennLover
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Considering all the guys were born in 47/48 they look very youthful! Nice to see the Eagles getting recognized again.

Glenn looks especially youthful in that One Show picture! :heart:

HiredHand
04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Glenn looks especially youthful in that One Show picture! :heart:

Considering the excess of the 70's and 80's, I'm also very happy that all of the Eagles (Originals,current members and former members) are still around.

mustangkim11
04-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Considering the excess of the 70's and 80's, I'm also very happy that all of the Eagles (Originals,current members and former members) are still around.

Well put! I'm happy that they're still with us.

Outlawman13
04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm more than just happy that they are still with us!!! They still look so youthful and very, very hot. MMMMM

glenneaglesfan
05-02-2013, 05:52 PM
There has been a good interview in the Daily Telegraph today. Looks like Joe was the main interviewee, but Glenn is complimented as the driving force behind the Eagles, and their new dvd gets a decent review.

The Telegraph website is limiting access to non subscribers to a certain number of articles a month. I really hope this link works and you all get a chance to read it. I will try to copy and save it in the morning. Interestingly, the iPad edition, which I found purely by chance, has a different photo, from 2009. Funny how they seem to have cut Felder from the first pic!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/10030972/The-Eagles-interview-Rocks-become-very-shallow-and-trite.html

Prettymaid
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks so much for that GEF! I enjoyed that read! WF, you will enjoy it too, especially the first part.

It's hard for me to picture Joe tearing up. I've heard other people talk about that before too - the fact that they're still here and their friends who did drugs are gone.

Outlawman13
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
That article is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so very much GEF.

sodascouts
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
There has been a good interview in the Daily Telegraph today. Looks like Joe was the main interviewee, but Glenn is complimented as the driving force behind the Eagles, and their new dvd gets a decent review.

The Telegraph website is limiting access to non subscribers to a certain number of articles a month. I really hope this link works and you all get a chance to read it. I will try to copy and save it in the morning. Interestingly, the iPad edition, which I found purely by chance, has a different photo, from 2009. Funny how they seem to have cut Felder from the first pic!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/10030972/The-Eagles-interview-Rocks-become-very-shallow-and-trite.html

Thanks for that - very interesting!

Here's something I found a bit sad, though.
[Don states] “I’m not sure if you can change the world with music anymore. Maybe back when we started, that might have seemed possible. Rock’s become very shallow and trite, it’s moving towards entertainment, modern vaudeville, which makes me sad.” Henley suggests the Eagles forthcoming world tour might be their last, and worries that the band have little relevance. “We could go in the studio and cut the most ass-kicking rock ’n’ roll song on earth, and it probably wouldn’t get played on the radio ’cause we are in our sixties. So we’re not really sure there’s a lot of point.” Yet he still feels playing their classic hits has value. “Because they are songs that represent a time when people did seem to care a little bit more about the world. And people still want to hear them.”

Does he really think there's no point in making music if it doesn't get played on the radio? I would hope that by this point in his life, he would no longer equate the value of art with its amount of radio play.

And of course I'm always dismayed by the "in the good old days people cared more about the world" type comments. They make him sound like a grumpy old man!

I've always found the words of Billy Joel to be a good reminder when it comes to that kind of attitude: "The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems."

Prettymaid
05-06-2013, 10:26 PM
As I was re-reading Don's quote in your post, Soda, I was thinking, " He's old. That's what old people talk like." But I wasn't thinking grumpy! Lol!

I can understand Don's point of view given his age and how things were when he started out in the business. I think he's nostalgic, and I can relate to that...I am too.

TimothyBFan
05-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I kind of see his point also BUT what about all of us fans that have stuck with the Eagles for decades now. Can't you just make new music for the heck of it because those millions of fans want to hear something new from you? Why does it have to be about selling it to the radio stations?

And I believe there are lots and lots of people who still believe music can change lives---- my kids and many of their friends are evidence of that. It's just a different kind of music sometimes from what the Eagles do. I'm ok with that, as long as they are still enjoying music.

NYC Fan
05-07-2013, 07:56 AM
I kind of see his point also BUT what about all of us fans that have stuck with the Eagles for decades now. Can't you just make new music for the heck of it because those millions of fans want to hear something new from you? Why does it have to be about selling it to the radio stations?

And I believe there are lots and lots of people who still believe music can change lives---- my kids and many of their friends are evidence of that. It's just a different kind of music sometimes from what the Eagles do. I'm ok with that, as long as they are still enjoying music.

I agree. There is plenty of good music still being made; it's just distributed in a very different way than it was in the past. The days of mainstream rock that reaches tons of people on FM radio like it did in the 60's and 70's do seem like a thing of the past, but for more "mature" people there is now AAA radio and a lot of wonderful college stations. I think they would get airplay in both of those radio formats.

There is plenty of good music out there for younger people too. Each generation is always going to have their own music that they relate to and is important in their lives. That will never change.

It would be nice if they would put out some new music. Just because it doesn't get mainstream radio airplay doesn't mean it won't be heard and sell a fair amount of copies, or be important to those who want to hear it.

Prettymaid
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
I am probably one of the few who do not care if the Eagles put out anything new. While LROOE had some good stuff on it, I have a hard time considering it in the same ballpark as their old stuff. But I think a lot of that has to do with me. The Eagles music (and some others) came along as I was growing up, and made a huge impression on my life at that time. That music became more special to me than anything could now, because I'm not at that stage in my life anymore. It's hard to explain...I guess Glenn said it best in the doc - people did things to the Eagles.

sodascouts
05-07-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm someone who does want new music from the Eagles. I know it's not easy, but if they don't keep creating, they become artistically stagnant. That's why Don's statement really disappointed me.

Topkat
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM

[Don states] “I’m not sure if you can change the world with music anymore. Maybe back when we started, that might have seemed possible. Rock’s become very shallow and trite, it’s moving towards entertainment, modern vaudeville, which makes me sad.” Henley suggests the Eagles forthcoming world tour might be their last, and worries that the band have little relevance. “We could go in the studio and cut the most ass-kicking rock ’n’ roll song on earth, and it probably wouldn’t get played on the radio ’cause we are in our sixties. So we’re not really sure there’s a lot of point.” Yet he still feels playing their classic hits has value. “Because they are songs that represent a time when people did seem to care a little bit more about the world. And people still want to hear them.”

Does he really think there's no point in making music if it doesn't get played on the radio? I would hope that by this point in his life, he would no longer equate the value of art with its amount of radio play.

And of course I'm always dismayed by the "in the good old days people cared more about the world" type comments. They make him sound like a grumpy old man!

I've always found the words of Billy Joel to be a good reminder when it comes to that kind of attitude: "The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems."

Soda, I have to agree with you here. Why does Don feel there's no point in making a record if it doesn't get played on the radio????....Why should he even CARE about that anymore???? That shows me how much he is really in it for the MONEY, despite his other comments... That people don't care about the world anymore..People still care about the world & about music.

Just because he is in a different place, doesn't mean that young people are not effected by music & YES People STILL DO THINGS to music. (this is from Glenn's statement) ...maybe not Eagles music but other music..People are still breaking up & driving across the country...& falling in love! I don't get the attitude.

I would love them to put out some new music, & I think they still have another album in there. Who cares if it doesn't sell as well as some of the old stuff.??? I think after some people see the DVD, people will want to hear more from them...I know I sure do!

Brooke
05-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I am probably one of the few who do not care if the Eagles put out anything new. While LROOE had some good stuff on it, I have a hard time considering it in the same ballpark as their old stuff. But I think a lot of that has to do with me. The Eagles music (and some others) came along as I was growing up, and made a huge impression on my life at that time. That music became more special to me than anything could now, because I'm not at that stage in my life anymore. It's hard to explain...I guess Glenn said it best in the doc - people did things to the Eagles.

I'm with you Pm and couldn't have said it better.

Their music had a profound effect on my life and nothing they do today will ever match that. I will listen if they do, but it just won't be the same.

Prettymaid
05-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm getting older. I think one naturally get nostalgic. But, I have to wonder, will young people now get nostalgic for the music that's being put out now, when they're older? I don't know...the 70's was a magical time for music. *sigh*

TimothyBFan
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks to stations like 70's on 7, Classic Vinyl, etc.... not a day goes by that I'm not thinking of something that happened when I hear certain songs. I know what you mean about that music meaning so much to me.

Something I take great pride in, and I know many of you here can relate to, is the fact that the music that my children love the most (especially my daughter) is the same music I loved in the 70s, 80s.... they were raised on it and can still relate it to their own lives. But I don't think they care for the new music of those old bands like the Eagles tho. Katie likes How Long on LROOE but then again, that's an old song, sooooo.....

Topkat
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm getting older. I think one naturally get nostalgic. But, I have to wonder, will young people now get nostalgic for the music that's being put out now, when they're older? I don't know...the 70's was a magical time for music. *sigh*

Yes, they will. Every generation has their own music. The music they fell in love to, the music they listened to as teens. We were lucky enough to have the 70's as our music...To have been a little kid when the Beatles came into our lives in the 60's was magic, & then all the music that followed in the 70's.....Unfortunately, the music isn't as good as it was back then, but to the generation who grew up with it, it will be their memories.

Freypower
05-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm with you Pm and couldn't have said it better.

Their music had a profound effect on my life and nothing they do today will ever match that. I will listen if they do, but it just won't be the same.

I know what you mean, but LROOE had a profound effect on me, & so did After Hours, both of which are currently much more important to me than some of the 70s & 80s work.

WalshFan88
05-07-2013, 06:01 PM

I would agree, although I wasn't around when those early albums came out, but looking back I hold those 70s albums as being the best for me, and not just from this band.

I'm one of those people that some would consider a classic rock purist - but it's my kind of music. Not because I want to be cool for liking 70s music in some way, but because it truly speaks to me in a way that very little if any modern day music does...

I grew up hearing a lot of stuff, similar to what TBF was saying. At my grandparents it was the Clapton Unplugged, Tracy Chapman, Bob Dylan, Donovan, Beatles, etc etc. In our house it was AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, KISS, Stones, etc. At my great grandparents it was Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. But I wasn't a fan of ANY of music until that day when I heard HC. Then I became a huge fan of music and I clinged to the older music because it sounded like what I wanted to hear.

One of the modern rock n' roll bands guitarist's (Buckcherry, though they stated in the 80s their popularity is happening now) said it best - "There are a LOT of rock bands out now. However, there are not very many rock n' ROLL bands out now.". I feel that sums it up. The groove and the melody just isn't there much anymore. I can count on one hand the number of bands in recent years I really like... Most would probably guess my picks. I'm admittedly a hits guy and I love classic rock radio but even in my searches for underground music, none of it speaks to me like 60s/70s/80s rock n' roll.

I just feel that even though I wasn't born at the time, the 70s Eagles records are the soundtrack of my life. I would correct Glenn though - not only did people DO things to the Eagles music of that time, some of us still ARE. :D I feel a deep connection to their music, especially from OTB to TLR and really feel that it was meant for me to hear. There is not a day that goes by that I don't hear an Eagles or solo song, or that I'm not talking, reading, etc about them.

As far as LROOE, I would agree with you.. I'm glad they did it but it just doesn't speak to me. Of course, I'm in the minority here and I'm ok with that and it's great that people get into it but it doesn't feel the same to me personally. How Long would be my favorite, and it's an old song so go figure. YANA would probably be the other favorite.

People may think I really was born in the wrong generation, or that I'm a stick in the mud but I don't care. I'm happy enjoying their 1970s music here in 2013 and spreading it around with either telling people or playing it in my shows.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Its ok austin,
good music is good msic.

when my son was little, we were riding in thecar listening to elvis , richie valens etc and my son said mom can we go see them in concert? I said no to everyone he asked. when I said no they are dead.' His comment was this shoud be the dead station cause they play dead musicians. But hey , its really good music.

Freypower
05-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Most of my favourite music is from the 60s & 70s but if I had tried to pigeon hole myself into one category such as Eagles style acoustic country rock, I would never have heard Dire Straits. I would never have realised what great songwriters the Bee Gees & Abba were. I would never have heard REM or Oasis, or the solo careers of Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins, or Kate Bush. For that matter I would never have discovered Led Zeppelin. Perhaps because I was a young teenager in England during the Glam Rock era of Slade, David Bowie, Alice Cooper, Elton John etc it left me more open to experiment further. When Glenn went solo he led me to black music which I was ashamed that I had never heard.

It's like classical music, to use a highbrow analogy. My preference is for the Romantic era - Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, later Mozart. But does that mean I would never listen to Bach (Baroque) or Stravinsky (Modern)?

I can't just say there is ONE RECORD that fixed forever for me what I wished to hear. I can't do it. Important as the Hotel California album was to me, it has never been my favourite album and it would now struggle to make my Top 20, whereas I think LROOE would. So Austin, while I respect that it changed your life, it didn't change mine.

ETA: I did have a moment when I decided my favourite voice; that was in January 1977 & it did indeed involve the Hotel California album. I regard that differently.

WalshFan88
05-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I can't just say there is ONE RECORD that fixed forever for me what I wished to hear. I can't do it. Important as the Hotel California album was to me, it has never been my favourite album and it would now struggle to make my Top 20, whereas I think LROOE would. So Austin, while I respect that it changed your life, it didn't change mine.

That's fine.. But it did for me and not only changed it but saved it. It was a very special experience and means a lot to me. So yes, I can quite easily and rightly say that it's my favorite. That doesn't mean I don't listen to other albums or other groups. But it will always be the best IMO and certainly my favorite album. It was a once in a lifetime experience and a very out-of-this-world experience on how it happened. If I hadn't heard it on that very day, I wouldn't be alive today. I'm not at all saying everyone has to have the same feelings for it, but I also don't feel bad about saying what it did for me.

I am very picky when it comes to music, but you can't help what you like or in this case, dislike. I just don't dig modern music. It's just not as good IMO nor is it what I like to hear. To each their own.

Freypower
05-07-2013, 11:41 PM
That's fine.. But it did for me and not only changed it but saved it. It was a very special experience and means a lot to me. So yes, I can quite easily and rightly say that it's my favorite. That doesn't mean I don't listen to other albums or other groups. But it will always be the best IMO and certainly my favorite album. It was a once in a lifetime experience and a very out-of-this-world experience on how it happened. If I hadn't heard it on that very day, I wouldn't be alive today. I'm not at all saying everyone has to have the same feelings for it, but I also don't feel bad about saying what it did for me.

It's absolutely right that you share what it did for you. I guess I've never had an ephipany like that with an album or a song. I have had it with visiting places. Travel is what changed my life. Another story!

WalshFan88
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
It's absolutely right that you share what it did for you. I guess I've never had an ephipany like that with an album or a song. I have had it with visiting places. Travel is what changed my life. Another story!

I think inspiration and life changing (for the better) events can come from anything, not just music. But when it happens it takes you by surprise.

Brooke
05-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Austin, thanks for sharing that. It's wonderful that the Eagles music did that for you.

All I know is that they are 'it' for me. I have always loved their music and I always will and I will never quit listening to them. I listened to all their albums during the 14 year hiatus and longed for them to come back and lo and behold, they finally did! And a few years later I got to see them live from the second row and here we are now! Their music (especially the early songs) take me back to that time of innocence and freedom.

glenneaglesfan
05-08-2013, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=sodascouts;225080]Thanks for that - very interesting!

Here's something I found a bit sad, though. [INDENT][Don states] “I’m not sure if you can change the world with music anymore. Maybe back when we started, that might have seemed possible. Rock’s become very shallow and trite, it’s moving towards entertainment, modern vaudeville, which makes me sad.” Henley suggests the Eagles forthcoming world tour might be their last, and worries that the band have little relevance. “We could go in the studio and cut the most ass-kicking rock ’n’ roll song on earth, and it probably wouldn’t get played on the radio ’cause we are in our sixties. So we’re not really sure there’s a lot of point.” Yet he still feels playing their classic hits has value. “Because they are songs that represent a time when people did seem to care a little bit more about the world. And people still want to hear them.”

I've enjoyed catching up with this thread. For me, Hotel California was groundbreaking, having been brought up with parents who were musical but strictly classical. Don's comments about airplay do not apply over here. In the last few months we have had new releases from the Stones, Bowie and Joe Cocker, all of which have been well represented on the radio. When LROOE came out it too had a good lot of airing on British radio. Thinking about the commercial aspect should not quell the artistic spirit.

OutlawManNJ
05-09-2013, 01:09 AM
EAGLES were mentioned on Wednesdays episode of The Colbert Report on comedy central....it was a joke about how they hate each other....

Houston Debutante
05-09-2013, 05:00 PM

I think it's understandable that Don is sad that his music doesn't get played on the radio as much but I hope he knows that his fans will always appreciate him and want more. Do it for the fans, Don!

Prettymaid
05-09-2013, 06:26 PM
EAGLES were mentioned on Wednesdays episode of The Colbert Report on comedy central....it was a joke about how they hate each other....

Here's the link to that. It's in the video titled Spiteful Partisanship dated 5-8-13 and starts at 2:00.

http://t.colbertnation.com/

OutlawManNJ
05-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Here's the link to that. It's in the video titled Spiteful Partisanship dated 5-8-13 and starts at 2:00.

http://t.colbertnation.com/

I wonder how many people at home got the joke? Meaning, I wonder if its general knowledge that there has been lots of problems among the Eagles members. The studio audience laughed but they are there to do that.

Prettymaid
05-09-2013, 10:26 PM
I thought it was pretty lame, not because the general public wouldn't know what he means, but it was quite a stretch for that measley joke.

sodascouts
05-09-2013, 11:05 PM
I didn't think it was all that funny either (no offense to those who did).

Still, it's a testament to their place in pop culture!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I thought it was pretty lame, not because the general public wouldn't know what he means, but it was quite a stretch for that measley joke.

Yes, it didn't fit in with anything, really. It's like he had that joke, such as it was, in his back pocket since watching the documentary back in Feb and decided this was the place to use it.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM
These people are obviously clueless! I mean, the Eagles announced they'd be in the UK, probably next year, while they were in London, just after meeting Niall! Well, I guess a lot of young ladies will be scrambling for tickets so they can see Niall 'starkers'.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/we-know-how-to-get-one-directions-niall-horan-naked/

sodascouts
05-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Somehow I doubt the Eagles would be as impressed with that view! lol

Houston Baby
05-27-2013, 04:09 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere and I am not sure this is the correct thread - I'm still learning my way around here.

The latest issue (JUNE 2013) of UNCUT has a 6 page article of Eagles and their early years. Photos of the Desperado shoot. This issue is out now.

Also an article - "Fleetwood Mac return" - a review of the MSG concert.

sodascouts
05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm going to have to buy that! Thanks!

Prettymaid
05-27-2013, 05:28 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere and I am not sure this is the correct thread - I'm still learning my way around here.

The latest issue (JUNE 2013) of UNCUT has a 6 page article of Eagles and their early years. Photos of the Desperado shoot. This issue is out now.

Also an article - "Fleetwood Mac return" - a review of the MSG concert.

You're doing great HB! Keep it up! And thanks!

Houston Debutante
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Couldn't find it in the supermarket, next stop is the bookstore.

Thanks HB!

Houston Baby
05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Couldn't find it in the supermarket, next stop is the bookstore.

Thanks HB!

HD - I got my copy @ B & N. There is also a fantastic magazine store on South Shepherd called ISSUES. That store carries every magazine imaginable!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-28-2013, 08:11 PM
I got mine at barnes and noble last night if u can't get it let me know ...I can alway get one at mine and ship to u

zeldabjr
05-29-2013, 02:24 AM
I guess it's off to Barnes and Noble for me!

Houston Debutante
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
HD - I got my copy @ B & N. There is also a fantastic magazine store on South Shepherd called ISSUES. That store carries every magazine imaginable!

Never been there ~ thanks for the tip.

Houston Baby
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Never been there ~ thanks for the tip.

HD - if you don't find a copy, let me know and I can pick one up somewhere. I am always at Issues or B & N. :)

Prettymaid
06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Bill O'Reilly just ended his show with his concert recommendations. He had three - Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, and Huey Lewis!

zeldabjr
06-03-2013, 09:23 PM
well maybe Bill isn't all bad...lol

sad-cafe
06-03-2013, 09:55 PM
well maybe Bill isn't all bad...lol

I wouldn't go that far ;) even a broken clock is right twice a day

TimothyBFan
06-04-2013, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't go that far ;) even a broken clock is right twice a day

Huey Lewis? Really? :headscratch:

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM

Huey Lewis? Really? :headscratch:

I know! Where did THAT come from?

I have to say though, for someone who would not be on FM or the Eagles short list to talk to, I thought it was magnanimous for Bill O'Reilly to recommend them in concert.

Freypower
06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I know! Where did THAT come from?

I have to say though, for someone who would not be on FM or the Eagles short list to talk to, I thought it was magnanimous for Bill O'Reilly to recommend them in concert.

Maybe Lewis has never expressed any 'lilberal' opinions. Think of Hip To Be Square which O'Reilly might think is an underlying endorsement of conservatism. I have never been a fan. His songs were too bland for me (although he has played golf with Glenn).

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I actually like Huey Lewis and have most of his records.

I HATE O'Reily almost as much as I hate Hannity

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I actually like Huey Lewis and have most of his records.

I HATE O'Reily almost as much as I hate Hannity

Like the guy or not, I didn't expect to hear anyone use the word hate when I posted that he recommends seeing the Eagles in concert. Wow.

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 07:43 PM
sorry

LOVE The Eagles, very much like Fleetwood Mac and Huey Lewis.

Just hate "news commentators" that have no clue.

Kind of like Henley!!!!!!!! :)

I am loving the song Frail Grasp on the Big Picture

Thirsty&Hot
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Ten Places the Eagles Took Flight (http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2013/06/04/ten-places-the-eagles-took-flight-photo-essay/)
Real life places that shaped their legendary history

:)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks, T&H! Interesting read!

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
That is pretty interesting for sure. Thank you for sharing that Tiffany!!! I love reading those.

Thirsty&Hot
06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I would love to do an Eagles roadtrip/tour :)

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks T&H! The Laurel Canyon Country Store especially appeals to me. I can picture 70's rockers hanging out in there!

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I want to have my picture taken on that corner

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 08:15 PM
I would love to do an Eagles roadtrip/tour :)

I would love to as well!!!! Count me in on that one. LOL. Winslow, AZ would really appeal to me with that Jackson Browne statue.

TimothyBFan
06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Classic Rock did a Best Reunion Tours list, HFO made the cut.

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Classic Rock did a Best Reunion Tours list, HFO made the cut.

Thanks Willie, that was good. I also enjoyed clicking on the individual members and reading the stories about them.

AEW21
06-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Not sure if this better belongs in the Milwaukee Summerfest thead or where, but I think it's a sweet story even non-Milwaukeeans might enjoy-

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel columnist Jim Stingl profiled a t 72-year-old widow who has befriended her new neighbor, a 47-year-old gentleman in a wheelchair. He confided in her he had never been to any rock concert, so she bought two lawn seats to see the Eagles at Summerfest. Sadly, if you've ever been to the Marcus, you know the lawn seats are indeed all lawn--grass, and on a bit of an incline. Hence, not wheelchair accessible. She contacted Summerfest, but they said the show, including all wheelchair-friendly sections, is COMPLETELY SOLDOUT, and there's no wiggle room to find them two seats....

However....Summerfest has reached out to the Eagles and their management to see if they can help. Apparently the band holds the reserved seats behind the sound board, which would be perfect space for a wheelchair. They hope the band will give away two of their reserved seats there for the woman and her friend.

It's a very sweet story--what a generous woman, to reach out to this man. I hope the Eagles come through (all involved seem to think its a sure thing), or another kind souls with wheelchair accessible tickets helps them out... Jim Stingl is good at keep readers updated with stories--I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Article: New Kid In Town-Woman won't take it easy until she gets friend's wheelchair into Eagles concert (http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/widow-wont-take-it-easy-until-she-gets-friends-wheelchair-into-eagles-concert-b9928823z1-210707821.html?ipad=y)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Wow, I certainly hope they help them out!! I hope those who work for the guys don't say 'no' without at least checking all the way to the top.

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 03:54 PM
It's sweet in intent, but releasing her request to the media seems a pretty blatant attempt to put pressure on the Eagles to do what she wants. It's all in the name of a good cause but still, the methodology is a little manipulative.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 04:00 PM
It's sweet in intent, but releasing her request to the media seems a pretty blatant attempt to put pressure on the Eagles to do what she wants. It's all in the name of a good cause but still, the methodology is a a little manipulative.

Definitely. I'm sure they have a few comps closer to the stage they may have been willing to cough up, but probably not now.

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 04:02 PM
It would be a pretty good upgrade from the two lawn seats she paid for... she must not know a lot about venues if she thought the lawn (which is pretty self-explanatory) would be accessible to him.