PDA

View Full Version : Keith Urban

Pages : 1 2 [3]

eaglesvet
02-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Wow, that is one great picture....
Maybe "monkeyville" is as simple as this? Jimmy Buffett fans are called Parrotheads because parrots are common in the Florida Keys, where Jimmy is from. So maybe the monkey became Keith's mascot simply because they are common in whatever part of Australia/NZ he is from?

TimothyBFan
02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe "monkeyville" is as simple as this? Jimmy Buffett fans are called Parrotheads because parrots are common in the Florida Keys, where Jimmy is from. So maybe the monkey became Keith's mascot simply because they are common in whatever part of Australia/NZ he is from?

AND you all know who gave Jimmy's fans that nickname right???

(Hint to those who have never heard before--Mr. Timothy B. Schmit!!)

Prettymaid
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the hint, Willie! :hilarious:

Actually I read it somewhere on here just the other day!

TimothyBFan
02-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the hint, Willie! :hilarious:

Actually I read it somewhere on here just the other day!

Just the other day huh? Shoot--here I thought I had something really clever to tell some folks here and someone beat me to it! :-(

Freypower
02-19-2009, 06:27 PM

He was born in Whangarei, New Zealand. To my knowledge neither New Zealand nor Australia have any native species of monkey. In fact we have no primates at all.

http://www.learnaboutwildlife.com/wildlife.htm

If anyone is interested here is Whangarei:

http://www.anchoragemarineteam.co.nz/townbasin.jpg

eaglesvet
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
AND you all know who gave Jimmy's fans that nickname right???

(Hint to those who have never heard before--Mr. Timothy B. Schmit!!)
I DID know that!!! :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
He was born in Whangarei, New Zealand. To my knowledge neither New Zealand nor Australia have any native species of monkey. In fact we have no primates at all.

http://www.learnaboutwildlife.com/wildlife.htm

If anyone is interested here is Whangarei:

http://www.anchoragemarineteam.co.nz/townbasin.jpg
Well, that kills that theory...

What a beautiful harborside town, however!

Prettymaid
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
This is all I could find from the Monkeyville site

The fanclub is called Monkeyville because early on Keith used a guitar monkey as a logo and the name came from there.

----------------

EasyFeeling
02-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Wonderful picture, FP.

I asked in our forum and that's what they answered:

Keith answered this question in 2005 on the kutube. He asked a local Nashville artist(can't think of his name) to design a logo that was organic,funny, and earthy. When he saw the monkey he liked it straight a way and than called his fc Monkeyville. these aren't Keuth's exact words. It was funny little clip.

As far as I can remember, when Keith was getting ready to do the "Be Here" tour, he was looking for something sort of "tribal" as an image. An artist he knows (maybe from Oz?) came up w/ the GuitarMonkey idea (obviously the guy had heard Ray Steven's song "Guitarzan"! LOL) and Keith's team had the little guy plastered on everything.

The fans loved it, and the fan club was re-named "Monkeyville". Keith didn't mean for it to be that big of a deal, but that tour and album really cemented his place in the country music scene and he was headlining, so tons of new people ONLY knew Monkeyville. It was one of those things that became "bigger than all of us". LOL

He's moved his tour and fan club stuff away from the monkey, but he won't ever be able to get rid of it. From what I've heard him say about it, he's come to terms with it - "if the fans like it, well, that's great," seems to be his philosophy.

Brooke
02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Ok, thanks for the explanation Pm and EF.

That's a beautiful picture Fp.

TimothyBFan
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm sure this has been posted before and that you have all seen it, but I just found it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF5mq_3QlGA&feature=related

Brooke
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Ha! Now I love that! They had a good time with it and didn't try to sound like the Eagles. I guess that's why sometimes when people try to cover Eagles songs, they try to sound just like them and they can't do that. Kenny and Keith did it in fun. It worked. For me anyway.

Thanks TBF.

Prettymaid
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
When it first starts you can hear a guy's voice saying "Eagles!...Eagles!".

Do you think someone was asking him who does that song!??!?

melrose
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I agree, Brooke. If you are going to cover an Eagles song, you might as well add your own flavor to it. Just as long as an artist keeps it respectable, it should sound fine. I think they did the song justice. They made it fun! I bet they are a hoot in concert.

PM- I heard it too. I can't imagine someone not knowing who sings THIS song :shock: but then again, I need to remember not everyone is as devoted as the us borderers!

eaglesvet
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Boy, they certainly did have a good time singing that song! And they sounded great! Does anyone know if Kenny or Keith usually does that song in concert, or was that a rarity?

Maleah
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
How cool to hear so many people knowing the words and singing along at a concert that's NOT the Eagles! LOL Shows what a broad reach their music has and how well-known their songs are. Keith missed quite a few high-fives there. ;) :lol:

Maleah
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Boy, they certainly did have a good time singing that song! And they sounded great! Does anyone know if Kenny or Keith usually does that song in concert, or was that a rarity?

Keith has done it before but I don't know about Kenny. Keith has also done "Heart of the Matter" and "Boys of Summer."

Speaking of other bands covering the guys......Little Big Town does a great job on "Heartache Tonight," which they do often as an encore. ;)

eaglesvet
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd love to hear Keith do either of those Don songs.

Maleah
03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Somewhere I have an mp3 of Heart of the Matter that EasyFeeling sent me. I could have sworn there were youtube videos of one or both of them too. I'll have to go check it out and get back to ya ;)

Maleah
03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Little bit of Keith covering TITTL by himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=927cOvB5KYQ

Kenny Chesney covers Take It Easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIh2wVW7Qw

Kenny Chesney and Joe doin Rocky Mountain Way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3GsERahgso

Little Big Town doing their song "Boondocks" and then Heartache Tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRuJ87Hfetw

Since I can't find the other ones I figured I'd throw those out there ;)

EasyFeeling
03-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Ev, no, Keith doesn't do TITTL anymore but always does a cover song at a concert. He does every song no matter what it is LOL And I always wonder about that he seems to know and can play every song on earth LOL

Maleah, are you sure about Boys Of Summer? I can't remember he did that song. Or I'm getting old... I will look for that at home... if he did it I have it.

But... what do you say about his new single? :partytime: I just LOOOOOOOOVE this song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Gvb6SMh4c

Koala
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Little bit of Keith covering TITTL by himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=927cOvB5KYQ

I do not like really cover versionen,regardless of which Artist or the Song, however, this here I find well!

Brooke
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I loooooooove it! :drool: :inlove: :heart: :fainting:

I wanna kiss.............................................. need I say more?!

:fainted:

Thanks EF!

Maleah
03-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Ev, no, Keith doesn't do TITTL anymore but always does a cover song at a concert. He does every song no matter what it is LOL And I always wonder about that he seems to know and can play every song on earth LOL

Maleah, are you sure about Boys Of Summer? I can't remember he did that song. Or I'm getting old... I will look for that at home... if he did it I have it.

But... what do you say about his new single? :partytime: I just LOOOOOOOOVE this song!!!

lol Yeah I'm positive that he's covered it, but I didn't get it from you....I saw it on youtube briefly but it appears to be gone. They attempted about a verse and one chorus of it and decided it was better off left alone. lol But I did get Heart of the Matter from you! lol ;)

And his new single is AWESOME! Of course, his songs usually are ;)

EasyFeeling
03-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Ah ok, so it was just a little snippet of the song. I looked for it but couldn't find anything.
Nooooooooooo Brooke, you don't need to say more 8) I could listen to the song all day.

Here is another song from the new album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ChX8gceBkk

And Sweet Thing acoustic :inlove:

http://www.humyo.de/F/7554921-411698043

EasyFeeling
03-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh I forgot... for those who want to watch it, today at 1.30 pm there's an Interview with Keith and Katie Cook on CMT. I saw a preview and its going to be a great IV.
Sadly I can't watch it here in Germany but I hope some can capture it and put it in our Keith forum.

eaglesvet
05-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Keith will be performing on American Idol this Wednesday, on the finale.

Brooke
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
:partytime: Yes!

Thanks for the heads up Ev!

Stars
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes, thanks EV-looking forward to it!

eaglesvet
05-16-2009, 10:16 PM
:guitar::inlove:

EasyFeeling
05-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi :) I really liked the performance of Keith and Kris :thumbsup: Even Keith did sound a little bit hoarse because of the concerts he did the last weeks. Still no tour dates for Germany, meanwhile I'm frustrated. It's very very hard for me to read all the reviews and see the photos :-( People are thrilled and they are saying it's his best tour.

EasyFeeling
06-01-2009, 05:26 AM
I love when he's doing an Eagles Song. 8)

Together with Dierks Bentley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqKBKyVzmg

Maleah
06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Keith is just so darn adorable :thumbsup:

EagleLady
06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I love his new song Kiss a girl :inlove:

EasyFeeling
06-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Maleah, I'm glad to see you :) And EagleLady of course :)

Kiss A Girl is one great song. Have you got his album Defying Gravity? Currently Standing Right In Front Of You is my favorite song. His guitar playing on Til Summer Comes Around is outstanding. And I can't understand why the bonus song Going Crazy World didn't make it on the album.

As much as I love DG, and I really do, much more than LP&TWCT, it seems he's not able anymore to write good lyrics because his new and happy life :lol:;)
You must admit the lyrics of most of the songs are a bit trivial, if this is the right word.

Brooke
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
:shock: Blasphemy, EF! lol

I really like DG, but I LOVE LP & TWCW cd. Maybe it will grow on me more as time goes by.

Did you notice he has cut his hair pretty short? :sad: I loved it long. :weep:

EasyFeeling
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Ok, I will try not to pay so much attention to the lyrics LOL

Yeah, I noticed that :evil: Me too... much too short in the neck, he shouldn't do that. I guess Nicole has too much influence on him :armed: LOL
And he wore tight plaid shirts recently on stage. :headscratch: Don't know what's wrong with him LOL

Maleah
06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Yep, I have the cd! I actually really like it. My favorites are "Til Summer Comes Around, "Only You Can Love Me This Way," and "Thank You." Especially Til Summer Comes Around though! I love the guitar and it has such a moody sound to it. It's fantastic. The next two are really sweet and catchy. I also really like "Sweet Thing" and "Kiss A Girl."

I don't know that I would call the lyrics trivial per say. They're obviously not trivial to him as this is a very happy time in his life and they reflect that. I'd say that on some of the songs the lyrics come across as a tad on the cheesy or light side though. But still, I've never known Keith's songs to be deep on the level of a Henley, Bono, or so on. But this cd doesn't have as much variety lyrically as his others do. But it's fun and I enjoy it! I'm glad he's so happy. As much as I was not a fan of Nicole before he married her, they seem to be a good fit for each other and obviously very happy. Keith's had a rough life so it's good to see him in such a good place right now. It'd be cool if he'd cover an Eagles song or two on an upcoming album! ;)

EasyFeeling
06-03-2009, 02:28 AM
You nailed it, Maleah. The album totally reflects his happy life. I heard some people saying that they wish to see him not so happy and I found it very rude. Don't know if this should be a joke or so. :brickwall:
And I'm with you, I didn't like Nicole either before they got married but now I see they are very happy with each other and that's the main point for me.

And I would say he goes back a little bit to his roots I mean the country sound he made earlier. Every time I listen it reminds me of Golden Road which is his best IMO.
I love every song on DG but Why It Feels So Long, I don't like the reggae thing.
I heard him saying he don't like Love, Pain... very much. I didn't know that.

Brooke
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
His happiness on his new album really shines through for me, too. And I also didn't really care for Nicole, but they look so happy together whenever I see them together, that it must be working, so that's great for them.

Very well put, Maleah. :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Brooke, since you didn't post anything here I assume you haven't been to Kansas 3 days ago? Look what you've missed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_zITaudlk

eaglesvet
08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Finally got Keith's latest album, Defying Gravity, and have to say that I already love it from first play! In addition to the two hit singles, 'Kiss a Girl' and 'Sweet Thing,' I also really like 'Till Summer Comes Around' and 'Standing Right in Front of You.' The imagery in 'Summer' is reminscent of that in Bruce's 'Sandy' ('Fourth of July, Asbury Park') as well as 'Waiting in the Weeds'---kind of seaside Boardwalk meets Midwest fair...love it! And I would need no more than one chorus of 'Standing' to join right up with Keith, that's for sure!! :inlove::thumbsup:

ETA: Just listened again...the guitar work in the beginning of 'Summer' is very much like something John Mayer has done (another one of my favorite singer-songwriters), although I can't place it just yet. I think it may be from Continuum...I have to listen to it again and try to figure it out!

Brooke
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
EF, no. No concerts for me lately. Blew my concert budget last fall and spring! :-(

Ev, way to go! I love the album and particularly the songs you mentioned.

John Mayer, huh? I might need to check him out. Any suggestions on where to start?

AmarilloByMorning
08-13-2009, 11:49 AM
No concerts for me lately. Blew my concert budget last fall and spring! :-(
Just wait until TM and Live Nation merge... you'll have to blow your three-year concert budget with one show!

John Mayer, huh? I might need to check him out. Any suggestions on where to start?
His debut album Room for Squares really is excellent. I'm not much for his subsequent offerings but "No Such Thing" et al are quite worth the money.

Maleah
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM

Yes! His live 2-disc set "Where The Light Is!" The live version of "Gravity" on there is absolutely stunning! As are his blues covers and his cover of "Free Fallin." Not to leave out his originals of course.....love Vultures!

eaglesvet
08-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I first heard of John Mayer on TV, randomly stumbling across his initial Tonight Show appearance when Room for Squares had just come out and the song No Such Thing was poised to become his first hit single--- I was completely hooked, lined and sinkered :hilarious: (or whatever that fishing analogy is)! That song (and album) remain today one of my very favorites from him. He really is a great lyricist, and it comes through on that album...other faves of mine are My Stupid Mouth, 83, and Why Georgia (where he talks about his "quarter-life crisis," which I find quite amusing!) I also really like Back to You and Great Indoors from that album...heck, it's all good!

I also love his next two studio albums, Heavier Things and Continuum...many many great songs on those...a lot of variety in his musical style between them! (Actually, he may have had a studio album in between with the JM Trio that I'm forgetting about...)

I haven't yet purchased the live set, but it's on my list. I did see him in concert about 2 years ago, on the Continuum tour, and would gladly see him again sometime.

I guess I've got this thing for singer-songwriters, especially if they wield a guitar :guitar: !

AmarilloByMorning
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't know that I would call the lyrics trivial per say. They're obviously not trivial to him as this is a very happy time in his life and they reflect that. I'd say that on some of the songs the lyrics come across as a tad on the cheesy or light side though. But still, I've never known Keith's songs to be deep on the level of a Henley, Bono, or so on. But this cd doesn't have as much variety lyrically as his others do.

I'm absolutely delighted that he's so happy in his life, though I no longer enjoy his music (I'm the "tear in my beer" type). The upbeat ones he's been turning out since "Somebody Like You" have shown a different side of him in which I have no interest, but millions have swarmed to him since his evolution so all the more power to him. I certainly wouldn't wish him unhappiness simply to suit my musical taste - jeez!

As for his lyrics, you ought to check out songs from his debut like "You're Not My God" - it's about his cocaine addiction, and it's the song that prompted my interest in him to begin with. Certainly not fluff.

Not crazy about his cover of TITTL, but I caught him opening for Kenny Chesney before he hit it big, and he does one hell of a "Free Falling" cover. Plus, it's believable, coming from him.

EasyFeeling
08-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Not sure if I like this or not :eyebrow:... Keith and Sugarland doing Seven Bridges Road.

http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html?ma_id=&mc_id=427

Ive always been a dreamer
08-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the link, EF. Maybe not quite as good as the real thing, but not bad, not bad at all! :wink:

Prettymaid
08-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Aw, I like Sugarland! It's such a beautiful song, it's really hard to screw it up, unless you try to change the rhythm or something like that. I do like the original best...

AmarilloByMorning
08-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I love Sugarland, too - they usually have decent covers. Did you see their latest album review in Rolling Stone? They actually managed to hit the nail on the head (for once). The reviewer said something along the lines of Sugarland consistently produces great product, the covers are excellent and we all love to rock out, but... how about covering a country song now and then? Such a valid point I actually cut out and saved a Stone article for the first time since the Eagles last year.

Your signature banner always makes me smile by the way. I love Walsh's nose for some reason. :shrug:

Prettymaid
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I get a lot of compliments on my sig banner and I want to give credit where credit's due...Troubadour made it for me!

Maleah
09-19-2009, 08:32 PM
A little "Seven Bridges Road?" :D How about several? lol!

With Lady Antebellum:
http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html?ma_id=9&mc_id=488

With Little Big Town:
http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html?ma_id=9&mc_id=482

With Sugarland:
http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html?ma_id=9&mc_id=427

Brooke
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Wow! Those are all three really good. I just love, love Little Big Town. When I first saw and heard them, they reminded me of the Eagles. Love Sugarland and Lady Antebellum, too. I do wish Kristian Bush (Sugarland) would lose the dorky hat. It makes him look, well, like a dork! JMO!

I think all three groups did a good job, but they are not nearly as polished as the Eagles doing that song. Of course, it was pretty impromptu, too. Kudos for giving it a shot. I could listen to any of them again! :applause:

Maleah
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Little Big Town is one of my fav.'s! They often cover Eagles songs in concert. Two that I know for sure are Life In The Fast Lane (Jimi said it in an interview once) and Heartache Tonight (I heard it! And they did great! lol). Like you said, definently not polished like the Eagles....but pretty dang good for not being rehearsed much! lol

Prettymaid
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I do wish Kristian Bush (Sugarland) would lose the dorky hat. It makes him look, well, like a dork! JMO!

Now see, the first time I saw his hat I said, "Finally! A male country singer who doesn't wear a cowboy hat!" :lol:

Maleah
09-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Now see, the first time I saw his hat I said, "Finally! A male country singer who doesn't wear a cowboy hat!" :lol:

LOL! There's LOTS of guys that don't wear hats in country music!;) In the 90's it was definently a "hat act" but not so much anymore. Keith doesn't wear a hat. Neither do Billy Currington, Joe Nichols, Rascal Flatts, the guys of Little Big Town/Lady Antebellum, Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry, Vince Gill, etc etc......I would list more but I just don't have the memory for it! lol!

*ETA I don't know what happened and why I repeated myself. LOL I think I accidentally pasted the same thing in there before I posted.

EasyFeeling
09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I loooooooooooooove Lady A. and Keith doing SBR :thumbsup:

Keith in a cowboy hat LOL But he would look great with it I'm sure *sigh* :)

EasyFeeling
10-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Since Lady A. opened for Keith in Canada I post it here... Lady A. doing Boys Of Summer 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXWM9u52MTA

Maleah
10-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Nice! You don't see very many bands cover BOS

sodascouts
10-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd never listened to Lady Antebellum before and I thought it was a girl group. I watched this because it was Boys of Summer and DANG, that lead singer is HOT!!! Thanks for posting, EF!

EasyFeeling
10-21-2009, 06:11 AM
Ah, I forgot we already have a thread for Lady A.

Soda, I've already mentioned it here :twisted:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=70610#post70610

EasyFeeling
10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Yesterday Keith did a free acoustic concert... check out these videos, just fantastic, what a man :inlove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJsAHM6bFU&feature=player_embedded#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrm5goyoK2k&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_f6TRmm9JM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RjuMtZ6sU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaufWrZeqk&feature=player_embedded

eaglesvet
11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Think I can get him to come to our school district??:inlove::lol:

eaglesvet
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Keith won ''Best Country Male" last night at the AMA's, and did a smokin' performance of Kiss a Girl, after being introduced by his 2 female presenters as a "hunk and a half." (Both in English and in Spanish!)

I didn't realize how out of it my hubby was, entertainmently-speaking. When Keith dedicated his award to Nicole (who was in the audience), my hubby actually mused how he didn't know a.) that the two of them were married, and b.) that Keith was Australian. OH BROTHER!:brickwall:

Freypower
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
You may not believe this, but my hubby didn't know Keith was Australian either until a couple of weeks ago. (Well, he was born in New Zealand but he's 'adopted'). He thought Keith was American.

AzEaglesFan
11-24-2009, 02:14 AM
When he sings you don't hear the accent. I had to listen to him talk to know he was from Australia. Then they made such a big deal out of it when he started dating Nicole Kidman because she was from Australia too.

eaglesvet
11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh, it was only when Keith gave his acceptance speech that my hubby clued in....:hilarious: he does have a very nice accent, that's for sure! (Keith, not my hubby!)

Prettymaid
11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh, it was only when Keith gave his acceptance speech that my hubby clued in....:hilarious: he does have a very nice accent, that's for sure! (Keith, not my hubby!)

EV, I'm sure your hubby has a very nice 'Joisey accent'. :wink:

As far as hubbies being clueless, don't even get me started...

AzEaglesFan
11-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't know about you but I want my husband to stay clueless.:thumbsup:

Freypower
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
When he sings you don't hear the accent. I had to listen to him talk to know he was from Australia. Then they made such a big deal out of it when he started dating Nicole Kidman because she was from Australia too.

Australians don't sing songs in Australian accents unless it's a novelty song or a bush ballad (though there are exceptions such as Redgum's anti Vietnam war song, I Was Only 19). How far do you think Urban would have got if he had sung the way he talks?

(I always enjoy hearing English singers like Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Kate Bush sing words like 'can't' and 'last' the English way. When Robert Plant sings 'the truth will come to you at last' the English way in Stairway To Heaven it's the way it should be).

Australian dates Australian -well well! It's a small country in terms of population and 'celebrities' are thin on the ground.

eaglesvet
11-25-2009, 08:45 AM
It actually always surprises me how any 'foreigner' (from just about any country I have heard a well-known singer from) can sing a song in (American) English and hide their native accent so well while they are singing...and then when they speak, you hear the accent right on through. It must take a lot of training.

11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
The first time I remember wondering about this was when, of course, The Beatles came out and the subsequent "British Invasion" of music. I never could understand how they sang without their accents.

As far as Keith - congrats to him on his award. He is well-deserving, IMHO. I remember I had never heard any of his music until a couple of years ago. I credit EasyFeeling and Brooke for turning me into a fan. :thumbsup:

Brooke
11-25-2009, 05:26 PM
We just had to share the Keith love with you, Dreamer! He wears those jeans quite well!

I love hearing him talk in his interviews. I recently saw Nicole on Oprah promoting her newest movie which is a musical. Makes me wonder if she and Keith might team up on a country song? Interesting thought!

Freypower
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
It actually always surprises me how any 'foreigner' (from just about any country I have heard a well-known singer from) can sing a song in (American) English and hide their native accent so well while they are singing...and then when they speak, you hear the accent right on through. It must take a lot of training.

But does it take training to sing without your 'spoken' accent? Opera singers are trained. Rock singers generally are not. You open your mouth and the voice comes out normally in a sort of mid-Atlantic tinge. It seems to be natural to sing that way and when you do try to sing with a pronounced accent (a good example is Phil Collins' Cockney in his song Like China) you really have to try harder.

ETA: I am in no way suggesting that Keith Urban should sing with an Australian accent - merely commenting that on occasion it is refreshing to hear a song sung in an accent that you are more familiar with.

It just doesn't happen in reverse - and anyone who has ever listened to Glenn's first band the Mushrooms try to do an English accent in Such A Lovely Child might understand why not. :)

Maleah
12-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Check out Keith's version of "Boys of Summer"

http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html?ma_id=0&mc_id=604&p=1

How cool is it to hear the crowd singing along to one of Don's songs at someone else's concert? I think that is so awesome to hear

Prettymaid
12-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Interesting accoustic version of BOS.

Brooke
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
:yay: Keith won Favorite Male Artist at the People's Choice Awards last night! He was up against Tim McGraw, John Mayer, Eminem, and Jason Mraz. No contest for me!

I thought his acceptance speech was so cute. He also mentioned something to the effect that he didn't care how people got the songs, even if they illegally downloaded them, as long as they got out there! :shock: Hope Don didn't hear that!

01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Congratulations Keith!!!

I agree, Brooke - no contest to me either. And yeah ... sounds like to me that Keith and Don would probably have to just agree to disagree on this one. :grin:

Brooke
01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Found a pic of the lovely couple:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Urban/nicole-keith-pca10.jpg

I think I glimpse a rather large tat inside that open shirt! :shock: I know he has several (don't ask how :wink:), but hadn't noticed this one before! I really would like to see the whole thing.

Brooke
01-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Here's a little better glimpse:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Urban/95615178.jpg

But still not enough! :-(

TimothyBFan
01-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought his acceptance speech was so cute. He also mentioned something to the effect that he didn't care how people got the songs, even if they illegally downloaded them, as long as they got out there! :shock: Hope Don didn't hear that!

:applause::applause::applause: Good for Keith!!! I wonder how many other artists feel that way.

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Congratulation, Keith :thumbsup: He deserves it.

I'm not sure if the record company would agree with him :lol:

Brooke, you can see his tattoo here:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/biggstuff33/KUVerizonOpry/KU103009046.jpg

eaglesvet
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I rather like the view of that tatoo! :thumbsup: And congrats on the award...although I also like John Mayer, but lately I am more into Keith. I am so wanting to see him in concert!

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
It's a bit too much for my taste, I must admit.

Yes, I want to see him too but there are no plans neither to release the latest album nor to tour in Europe. :sad: In Germany he's known as the husband of Nicole and that's it :brickwall:
As much as I can understand that there's no reason for him to come here he should not forget his European fans.
As far as I know he's only playing some festivals in the USA this year. And working on a new album.

eaglesvet
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Actually, I don't at all care for tatoos...it's the view I was appreciative of!:hilarious:

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Ah, now I know what you are talking about http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Girls/smilie_girl_182.gif

Brooke
01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Woah! That's quite the tattoo! I think I really liked the view of the open shirt, too. :woah: I really don't care for tattoos either, but I don't mind small ones, like the one on his wrist.

EF, good to hear from you!

EagleLady
01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Tattoos are fun and expressive

EasyFeeling
01-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Brooke :wave: I agree on that one... not a fan of such big tattoos, I like the smaller ones better.

I've just learned that Chris Rodriguez, Brian Nutter and Brad Rice leave Keith's band. :sad: I know the band members change from time to time but this time I feel sad. As I've heard Chris wants to put his energy in his solo carrier. I will miss seeing him together with Keith. :sad:

01-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not much on tattoos either, but I can certainly overlook that on this pretty boy! :wink:

Brooke
01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Awww, I hate to hear that, EF. I really enjoyed all the guys in Keith's band.

EasyFeeling
01-17-2010, 01:29 PM
OMG, this is hilarious :rofl: Have you ever seen Nicole dancing in TV like this? I doubt she had so much fun with her previous husband 8) Too bad there is no video with better quality so you can see their faces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31CsuFwYbsk

sodascouts
01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
lol! So cute!

01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
OMG thanks for finding this, EF - this is just WAAAYYYY TOOOO FUNNY!

EasyFeeling
01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
So cute :D

5 years ago they met for the first time at this show.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/skeays/Nicole%20and%20Keith/59305579SharonKeays117201082423A-1.jpg

Brooke
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
:lol: Too funny! Thanks EF!

I didn't know Simon Baker was Australian! :shrug:

Freypower
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
:lol: Too funny! Thanks EF!

I didn't know Simon Baker was Australian! :shrug:

I imagine that would be the case for most Americans. I don't watch his show but I suppose he uses an American accent. :shrug: Let's face it, it's the only way Australian actors can get work over there.

Brooke
01-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I like his show a lot. And yes, he talks American.

ETA: There was a bit of flak about Keith's comment about not minding if people download his songs illegally. Katie Cook and Toby Keith were discussing it on a show on CMT and Toby said that Keith might not mind, but he did because the songwriters don't get paid anything when people download illegally. That was it, but I have a feeling there might be more.

EasyFeeling
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I've never heard of Simon Baker before.

Here's Keith on The Ellen Show. He's drawing Sunday, too funny :rofl:
And performing Only You Can Love Me This Way... how can you not love this man? :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_HEHu_JN18

01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Brooke - I'm not real surprised that Keith's comments didn't go unanswered either. That can't be a very popular viewpoint among musicians and songwriters.

And EF - love that segment. I LMAO watching him draw Sunday.

eaglesvet
01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, that was a great segment with Keith on Ellen. Two very lovable people, and a wonderful song! I love the guitar work there. Now, you have to believe he rehearsed the song, but maybe she didn't tell him it was the Jonas wedding song until the actual taping. He certainly seemed sincere in his surprise.

I thought Sunday's resemblance to a Muppet was striking!:hilarious: Somehow, I doubt it...

EasyFeeling
01-21-2010, 02:06 PM
It seems he didn't know that before. I love when he just grabs a guitar and starts to play something.

Brooke
01-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Here's Keith on The Ellen Show. He's drawing Sunday, too funny :rofl:
And performing Only You Can Love Me This Way... how can you not love this man? :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_HEHu_JN18

I had to watch this again. Keith definitely should stick with singing and playing guitar! Ellen was so cute when she said "you're a good looking man!" :hilarious:

EF, you're right, how can you not love this man?! :heart:

EasyFeeling
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep, he's not very talented ;) Too funny when he forgot the nose :rofl:

This was just posted on facebook:

"Keith is among the lineup of artists lending their talents to "Hope For Haiti Now," a benefit that will air tomorrow evening from 8-10PM EST on numerous television outlets throughout the country, and internationally. The telethon will raise money to aid earthquake victims in Haiti. Keith will be performing a special acoustic set with Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock. There will also be performances by Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay. Bono, the Edge, Jay-Z and Rihanna.

People will have the chance to purchase their favorite musical moments from the event through iTunes beginning this Saturday, with all proceeds benefiting the cause."

EasyFeeling
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Congrats to Keith for winning a Grammy :partytime:

sodascouts
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Check it out - he's opening for the Eagles in June!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2342

EasyFeeling
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I've just read it on the Keith board... couldn't believe it! Keith and the Eagles in one concert and I can't see that :brickwall: This is more than frustrating. :cry:

People on the board are more than happy about this. But they don't see him as an opener, just a great lineup. And they are hoping Keith and the Eagles are doing a song together.

tbsfan
03-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Did anyone see Keith (among others) in Jimmy Kimmel's hilarious Handsome Men's Club sketch on his post-Oscars show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGJXLxtVEo

sodascouts
03-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes, I did see that! Too funny.

FeedTheFire
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
HI all, I am new to this site and a huge Eagles fan.............especially TBS!!

I am also a HUGE Keith Urban fan and am so happy they are touring this summer.....(Yes, I am a "monkey")!:wink:

You won't be disappointed in his show..............they are great!:grin:

Over the past few years some of his duets with other artists on his tours have included "Seven Bridges Road" and "Take it to the Limit!"

He has incredible energy and will definatley get the night off on the right foot!!

His band is phenomenal as well...........this summer he is going out with a 4 piece band...............the past few tours he has had 6.

Either way...........they are seriously GREAT musicians!

(His bass player also has a phenomenal voice................:wink::wink:)

So happy to have found this site...........thanks!!

EasyFeeling
03-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh, another Keith fan, welcome :D

You're right, his show is one of the best I've ever seen. I'm still waiting for him in Germany, it's been too long since he toured in Europe.

From the Houston Rodeo 2010:

http://twitter.com/MerTastic/statuses/10602458141

He was out in the crowd that night, again :D

FeedTheFire
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
He does work the crowd VERY well.......and gets all over his place.!!!!! He gives his security guards a hefty work out........lol.........

On the previous tour he used to jump off the stage to go in to the audeince.......I think he herniated a disc though so on the last tour he used ramps on both sides of the stage.......

I didn't mind the one time he jumped down in front of me and lost his balance a little.........I might have helped him balance by putting my hand on his shoulder............:faint:

(This message board has the BEST icons............)!!!

Brooke
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Yikes! I didn't know he got hurt doing that! Poor baby.

I saw him a couple years ago now, (where does the time go?) and he went in to the audience and gave away a guitar. It was very cool and he sure put on a rockin' show that night. :nod: :heart:

03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, me being an urban virgin, I can't tell you all how excited I'm getting about seeing him at one or more of the summer shows. Okay FTF - looking for the right emoticon now ... guess I'll have to go with this ... :angel:

TimothyBFan
03-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I saw him a couple years ago now, (where does the time go?) and he went in to the audience and gave away a guitar.

Gave away a real guitar? :shock: WOW--can you imagine being that fan-telling everyone they didn't get a pick but a whole guitar! Nice!

Prettymaid
03-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Well, me being an urban virgin,...

Is that like, the opposite of a country virgin? :hilarious:

FeedTheFire
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
The guitar giveaway was part of the "Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing tour"...

A guitar company sponsored it............for numerous shows he would go out into the audience..........about the 100 section.............and play "You Look Good in My Shirt"...........and then sign the guitar and give it to a lucky fan standing nearby..............

On his way back to the stage everyone would try to touch him or mess up his hair................

I was pretty fun................(as you can tell I have been to many of his shows....:partytime::partytime:)

EasyFeeling
03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh yes, there are several videos in the net about that. People were freaking out as he gave them the guitar. Pretty funny :D
I love when he's doing such things. Always so close to the fans.

Dreamer, you'll love him and maybe hooked :nod:

FTF, did you notice his hair is a bit longer again? Love it :grin:

03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Is that like, the opposite of a country virgin? :hilarious:

Well - I dunno, PM. It's been a long time since I was .... OH NEVERMIND!!! :evil:

(And OBTW - you all are right ... the guitar give-aways were uber cool! :thumbsup: to Keith!)

TimothyBFan
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
The guitar giveaway was part of the "Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing tour"...

A guitar company sponsored it............for numerous shows he would go out into the audience..........about the 100 section.............and play "You Look Good in My Shirt"...........and then sign the guitar and give it to a lucky fan standing nearby..............

On his way back to the stage everyone would try to touch him or mess up his hair................

I was pretty fun................(as you can tell I have been to many of his shows....:partytime::partytime:)

Now that is flippin' COOL!!!! He really sounds like such a great guy who genuinely cares about his fans!! I know I've said it before but I seriously really need to check him out....his music....I've already "checked him out" if you know what I mean. :heybaby:

EasyFeeling
03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Brooke
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I know I've said it before but I seriously really need to check him out....his music....I've already "checked him out" if you know what I mean. :heybaby:

You definitely do! :nod:

EasyFeeling
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
If you want to check him out, musically :heybaby: go to his website. There are many videos to watch.

http://www.keithurban.net/kutube.html%3Fma_id%3D13%26mc_id%3D725%26p%3D1

eaglesvet
04-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Ooh, I just got tix to see Keith at the quaint Allentown (PA) Fair on Labor Day weekend...front row of the grandstand! Can't wait! :inlove::yay:
(Now I will lose my urban virginity "out in the country", too!)

EasyFeeling
04-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Front row? :shock: Wow, you'll have a blast :D I hope we will get to see many pictures :D

As I've heard Keith is going to record a special album, a pure duet album. Confirmed are duets with Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, Lee Ann Womack, Brad Paisley and the Zac Brown Band. And MAYBE with the Dixie Chicks.
Outside of the country scene: Jon Bon Jovi, Pink and John Mayer.

And the most special thing is: He will sing with Nicole together, a new version of Something Stupid :D

Edited to add... I guess this was a joke... it's April 1st today :shock:

Brooke
04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
:lol: EF!

You had me thinking :huh:

Ev, you are going to find another true love! Front row?! Fantastic! :yay:

I can't wait to hear all about it!

EasyFeeling
04-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Brooke http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif I was so happy this morning... until I noticed it's the 1st of April, damned http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

FeedTheFire
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
The only song I ever heard him sing with Nicole was "Simon Baker" a song he made up to honor Simon Baker at a recent event.

There was a "youtube" of it and it was pretty funny watching Nicole "rock out"...

Hey KU fans..........April 1st begins voting for Entertainer of the Year for the Academy of Country Music...........show to be aired on April 18th.

Keith is up against 5 others.

You can go to www.voteacm.com (http://www.voteacm.com) you can put a vote in for him.

(Not sure if it is a one time vote or daily until the night of the show).

Congrats Keith!!!:yay:

Brooke
04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes! I went and tried to vote for him yesterday, but they said it wasn't available yet. :shrug:

I'll try again!

I we saw the Simon Baker thing a while back. Too funny!

04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
FTF - thanks for the heads up on this. I'll go over and vote for Keith too.

EasyFeeling
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Yes, I posted the Simon Baker video somewhere in this thread. That was too funny :D

I just saw I have to register for the voting.

eaglesvet
04-02-2010, 08:33 PM
:lol: EF!

You had me thinking :huh:

Ev, you are going to find another true love! Front row?! Fantastic! :yay:

I can't wait to hear all about it!
To clarify, it's front row of the grandstand, which is behind the field general admission tickets. Even so, I think we will have an 'eagle's eye' view of Keith and his band...I've been told that the venue is small and there's not a bad seat in it. Can't wait! (But I have to...about 5 months....)

FeedTheFire
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
The front row in the grandstand is great......Keith tends to go back that way at the shows and give handslaps............

I think he actually ventured out at one of the fairs last summer and played by the grandstands......:p

eaglesvet
04-03-2010, 05:43 PM
:applause::blueblob::inlove::thud::fainted:

EasyFeeling
04-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Keith Urban's Year In Pictures:

http://www.theboot.com/2010/04/02/keith-urban-daytona-500/

The CMA Award comment is too funny LOL

EasyFeeling
04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Keith and Kris Allen doing Boys of Summer :thud: This is just fantastic :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y5pth5QpgM

EasyFeeling
04-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I really like Kris Allen. They both are great together. Maybe you saw them on American Idol singing a Keith Song, Kiss A Girl. Since then I wished they would sing together again and here they are :smile:
I think it's Keith's best performance of Boys Of Summer so far.

sodascouts
04-25-2010, 05:26 PM
That video was terrific, EF! Thanks for posting it!

eaglesvet
04-27-2010, 09:35 AM
NICE!

FeedTheFire
05-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I haven't been here for awhile but I love seeing that video............actually I was there at that show. It was amazing to see Keith in a small venue and see Kris Allen for the first time.............he is really a great talent!

The 3rd guitar player was Brian Nutter.............Keith's left hand man.............

They can't go wrong with an Eagles song..................................:thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
06-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Keith did a video live chat yesterday, he answered questions from the fans. I hope he will do it again some time, he's just so adorable :heart: He can't seem to sit still, too funny.

You can watch it here:

http://www.livestream.com/keithurban/video?clipId=pla_9fa253b1-cc66-4cab-8d23-855629b9ef06&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

06-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks Michaela - gonna have to give that a listen when I get a chance. :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
You should do that, it's funny. I must admit most questions are trivial but the way he answered made me laugh. If I had the chance it wouldn't be about his favorite food :brickwall:

I've read Soda bought his Greatest Hits to get into his music a little bit for the concerts with the Eagles :thumbsup: I'm green with envy that you get to see him! I wish he would come back to Europe. But there are no plans as he said in the chat. :-(

I would like to post one of my favorite songs... sadly he doesn't play this song live anymore, which is a shame!

It's a live version which is very rare to find on youtube, incl. the 2 minutes guitar solo at the end. I have only one full live concert on my computer in which he sings it and it's one of my favorite performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDRWoUdfLkY

And here's just the guitar solo at the end in which you can see him doing it. And I agree with the comment here, this is why he is the greatest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lt9WslkCk&feature=related

Brooke
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Here's Keith and John Mayer at last night's CMT awards. They did Hit The Ground Runnin' and were smokin' on the guitars!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Urban/cmt_music_awardsku2010.jpg

I'm hoping to find a video or pic of their belly bump (guitar bump?) at the end!

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Love Mayer too! I hope you can find that video!

EasyFeeling
06-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Brooke, you forgot to mention he won Video Of The Year. :)

As for the video I can help you out:

Keith acceptance speech... Nicole and Keith are so cute together :heart:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/526534/2010-cmt-music-awards-full-show-seg-10.jhtml?id=1641228

And the performance with John Mayer:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/526535/2010-cmt-music-awards-full-show-seg-11.jhtml?id=1641228

So cute, love :heart:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/101935935/FilmMagic

Keith and John :thumbsup:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/101935007/WireImage

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks for those, EF. The way Nicole looks at Keith urban so adoringly warms my heart! And I love that he calls her "Nick"!

Great performance with John Mayer, too!

EasyFeeling
06-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I couldn't watch the performance last night :-( No access for me :-(
I could only watch the 7 clips on the CMT website which didn't make it on the show. I hope a download for the show will appear somewhere.

Soda, is it today? I mean the concert you will go to. I wish I could be there, you are one lucky girl. Please post a review here :)

EasyFeeling
06-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I've found this link on the Keith board, seems to be the entire show :partytime:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/529503/cmt-crossroads-with-john-mayer-and-keith-urban.jhtml?id=1641891

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I recorded the show (thanks again for the tip EF) but ended up watching the second half 'live'. Now I'm anxious to watch the first half. The show made me appreciate both artists more. Crossroads is a great show.

EasyFeeling
06-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I love these Crossroads shows too. I'm not familiar with John's songs and really liked Perfectly Lonely, both sounded great on that song.

EasyFeeling
06-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Meanwhile the first 2 videos appeared on youtube, excellent quality! Wow, this is just fantastic :bow: The user said, there are more to come.

Perfectly Lonely
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjEEZVH4eSA

Sweet Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo141ZhurSA

Meanwhile they removed them, too bad.

Maleah
08-04-2010, 12:46 AM
LOVE both Keith and John so I was THRILLED when they did Crossroads together! I was pleasantly suprised at how well their voices blended together and they OBVIOUSLY got along really well. Both seemed to truly enjoy themselves. You can tell John gets lost in the music and Keith just seems to have so much fun that its amazing to watch. Its funny what John said about liking the melody/intro to "Til Summer Comes Around" because the first time I heard that song I thought "that sounds like a riff that John Mayer would play," I love it! They did a fantastic job together and I hope it comes out on dvd/cd because I'll be one of the first to buy it!!

Maleah
08-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Oh I forgot! Speaking of Keith, I will be seeing him TOMORROW NIGHT!! Wasn't going to go because I needed to save my cash but a friend got me tickets through her job for only $20! They're not the best seats in the world but who the heck cares for 20 bucks! lol I'm excited to see if he does any Eagles songs! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Very cool! Have fun! I know I did when I saw him.

Maleah
08-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Whoa! Have I been gone that long?? When did you see him?? Or is my memory just fading even faster than I thought, because that's very very possible. lol

sodascouts
08-04-2010, 01:19 AM
He opened for the Eagles when I saw them in Chicago a couple months ago. And he was hot!

Prettymaid
08-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Have fun Maleah! Any chance you'll take some pics? :drool:

Brooke
08-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Can't wait to hear all about it, Maleah! Yep, he's got IT! :nod:

08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I think we will need some pictures from Maleah to see if this guy really is hot!!! :lol:

EasyFeeling
08-05-2010, 10:55 AM
OMG Maleah :shock: I miss him so much :-( Meanwhile I don't think he will ever come back to Germany :-(

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. :D Can't wait for your review :D

Maleah
08-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh my gosh you guys.....as much as I love & adore our guys (you know how much I do! LOL), Keith puts on the best concert I've ever seen. What I love the most about him is how genuine he is and how you can see that he truly enjoys music and being with his fans. His guitar playing was absolutely brilliant, as always. There was a girl there that held a sign up that said it was her birthday and asked if he could grant her wish. He brought her up on stage and she started crying. He was SO sweet with her that it almost made me cry! How pathetic is that?!! LOL She asked if she could take a picture with him, in between her gulps for air and the tears. lol He had Jerry Flowers, his bass player, take the picture and then he said "Self Portrait!" and took one of the two of them together. It was so cute! He was laughing and smiling the entire night! I don't remember what song he was singing (I think Better Life?) but he was having the audience repeat the sounds he was making and he started making up lyrics as he went along. The longer it went on, the more difficulty he had trying to think of words so he eventually sang "I'm trying to think of something that rhymes with along...." It was hilarious and he threw back his head and started laughing. Of course he made his round around the arena and everyone went crazy. We were in the way back, but who can complain for only 20 bucks! LOL I tried my best to get good pics but you can tell I had to use my zoom to its full extent. LOL He kept thanking the crowd profusely and said they hadn't had this much fun in a long time. After the encore, he spent a good 10-15 minutes shaking hands with everyone down front and signing autographs. That's what I love about Keith....there doesn't seem to be an arrogant bone in his body. He knows EXACTLY who put him where he is today and he gives back.

The funniest part of the night came from my sister. My niece and I have adored Keith for YEARS, but my older sister would always say "I just don't see what you guys see in him!" Well the song started and Keith smiled and the first words out of her mouth were "Oh my......he's beautiful! I think I'm in love!" LOL Her crush for allllll these years has been Donny Osmond! She loved him when she was a little girl but she said move over Donny, Keith's #1 now! LOL

Gloriana opened for him and then sang the chorus of "Go Your Own Way," which they did well on. However, I wish they hadn't done "Rocky Mountain Way!" The guy who played guitar did really well and nailed all of the guitar work and the talkbox, but they had a girl singing lead throughout the whole song and she had a really high pitched voice, it just did NOT work at all. Wasn't impressed. lol

I'll post any pics that turned out ok and I'll also post some videos that people already have up on youtube! Give me a few minutes ;)

Maleah
08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
This was the beginning of the show!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sywZRH_AuS8

Somebody caught him and the birthday girl on camera.....so sweet! Almost made me pathetically tear up again! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBmmXuV7gA4

Guitar solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDOwhwEdZFA

Nice and close :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdy4dTqvlBk

Maleah
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure why I thought it was Better Life that he did this on....I actually think it's Kiss A Girl. But how CUTE is he? Just adorable :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKD5cpDz6aQ

Earlier parts of Kiss A Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sywZRH_AuS8

More guitar solo's for Where The Blacktop Ends. Have I mentioned how I love that tattoo that peaks out? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvN9_onTo8

Such a good song. Ignore the girls singing along lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REb8nOkXOhM

Maleah
08-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Another good close one for You'll Think of Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZhiNtromc

and last but not least, the encore....quite possibly my all time fav Keith song :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRvnzb_fZ8

I'm tryin' to do the pics but photoshop isn't cooperating with me so they might not be up for a while. Obviously those of you who have me on facebook can see them already. lol

EasyFeeling
08-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Maleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your review is FANTASTIC !!! I know exactly why he's my No. 1, NO ONE can beat him. This is why I love him so much. Too bad I'm at work and can't watch the clips. I will do it at home. His hair is longer now, love it. Hope he's not going to cut them in the next time.

Gosh, I wish I could have been there !!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SEE HIM TOO !

Koala
08-06-2010, 08:03 AM
WOW Maleah, thanks for these great review and the fantastic videos!

Maleah
08-07-2010, 01:00 AM
LOL! EF I agree wholeheartedly! Well, except the hair thing. LOL I thought it was just a tish too long. I like it when it's shaggy, but not a little out of control. I've loved him since his beginning days in music with The Ranch, but my appreciation and respect for him just grows leaps and bounds every time I read an interview or see him live. What a sweetheart!

Koala I'm glad you liked them! I know I sure did! :thumbsup:

Brooke
08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
OMG, Maleah! Fantastic review and videos! Keith looks soooooooooo HS & G and I LOVE that his hair is longer! He just seems so sweet and genuine and.......... :thud: And it's like you said about him really caring about his fans and interacting with them at his concerts. He's so spontaneous. Can you imagine? I'm glad your sister has finally seen the light! Silly girl! Can't wait to see your pics, too!

I've also loved him since he was with The Ranch and sang But For The Grace Of God. That song is my all time fave of his, but love lots and lots of his newer ones. I think You'll Think Of Me and Once In A Life Time Love are my newer faves. :fainting:

sodascouts
08-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for posting Maleah - so glad you had such a great time! Sounds like quite a concert!

eaglesvet
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
LOVE both Keith and John so I was THRILLED when they did Crossroads together! I was pleasantly suprised at how well their voices blended together and they OBVIOUSLY got along really well. Both seemed to truly enjoy themselves. You can tell John gets lost in the music and Keith just seems to have so much fun that its amazing to watch. Its funny what John said about liking the melody/intro to "Til Summer Comes Around" because the first time I heard that song I thought "that sounds like a riff that John Mayer would play," I love it! They did a fantastic job together and I hope it comes out on dvd/cd because I'll be one of the first to buy it!!

I thought the very same thing when I heard that song.

eaglesvet
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I got to finally see Keith earlier this month too, at the Allentown, PA Fair with one of my sons. And he (Keith) was as awesome as he was at Maleah's show. Actually, we must have had a much hotter night, because by the end of the show, he was drenched in sweat...so he didn't look quite a HSG as he does by the last vid she posted (just hot). But I agree with everything she said--what an awesome performer, who obviously still LOVES what he does and has immense FUN doing it! ALways smiling, especially when he gets the audience to sing along...slmost as if he can't believe we are willing to do it and actually know the words by this point!:hilarious:

Keith really is an extremely talented guitarist, which is why my son really wanted to see him. I have to admit I was more focused on his vocals, among other things! :inlove: He just churned out hit after hit, almost seeming surprised when the crowd erupted. When he did his band intros, and the 2 backup singers each belted out short solos, we discovered how really talented they also are. Keith did a couple of covers (as usual, I gather). He brought out opening act Kris Allen for "Jack and Diane" which was a great duet (except at one point, Keith forgot his part, which set them both in a short fit of hysterics), Then, to open the encore, he performed Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want to Be With You," which was cute and romantic and just perfectly made every woman think he was singing just to her. (At the time, I actually assumed it was a Beatles song...I don't know if it was the way he played/sang it, or just a major misconception on my part...but it was beautiful nonetheless.):heart:

BTW, Kris Allen as the opening act was actually pretty good--he held his own. He has a band, nameless as far as I can tell. They played his 2 hits from the radio, a more rockin' version of MJ's "Man in the Mirror," "Heartless," and a few other songs that I assume are on his album. He actually won me over enough that I am planning to buy the CD now.

I have an funny story to tell about the seating. Since it was a fair, the concert was in a grandstand, with rows of seating on the field in between the stage and the grandstand. When I ordered the tix in April, I actually called the fairgrounds to determine the exact layout of the seat numbers within the rows, because at the time I called, many of the seats were sold. I knew Graham was coming (he's 11), and I wanted to make sure he could see...nothing worse than a bored complaining 5th grader to ruin one's dream-come-true...KWIM?? So, I found I could get first row in the stands (not on the field), but unfortunately all the way in the farthest section on the left side. However, in that section, we would have the first 2 seats on the aisle, closer to the stage (ie, not closer to the end of the arena, if that makes sense. In other words, we would be about 24 seats from the end of the arena-- which looked OK from the seating chart.) So, we get to the fair and spend a couple of hours looking at the farm animals and dog tricks and big cats shows, and eating lots of fair food...and head over to the grandstand. We make our way down to the last section, first row...and someone has literally re-numbered (with masking tape) all of the seats in only our row, in reverse---so that seat #1 has become #24, and #24 has become #1. So now we are in fact sitting in the last 2 seats all the way on the side, at the end of the arena. And it's a lot farther than it looked on the seating chart. And I express profound dismay to the ushers, but it's not their fault...they are volunteers for the fair, and had nothing to do with it. We sit down and grumble to ourselves, and then I get up to go to the rest room. As I sit down to think for a moment, I realize I am in small-town PA (not East Rutherford, NJ), and I have a good chance to remedy this. So I go back to Graham and quietly tell him to grab his things and come along. (I didn't want everyone in the row evacuating.) I ask to find the manager of the grandstand...it took only a few minutes and we found 2 gentleman, who directed me to a woman. When I bring up the young short boy next to me, and my phone call ahead of time to check the seat layout, she takes immediate pity. She grabs 2 folding chairs, brings us to the FIELD level and plops us right in the handicap viewing area, basically on what would be considered the 50-yd line if it were a football field! We had improved our seating immensely! And the added benefit was that no one would be standing in front of young short boy, because this particular area was for wheelchairs. Actually, it was pretty cool...there was an 89-yr-old woman in front of me (with her daughter), who was clapping away to both Kris and Keith. At the break, I was talking to that family a bit. I was amazed by her enthusiasm. She looked 89, but certainly didn't feel it!

eaglesvet
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
One thing that I forgot to mention about Keith's show that I didn't know ahead of time. He does go to the back of the audience...in this case, it was right in front of the first row of the grandstand! I almost died when I saw him going there, but it turned out he stopped on the right side and played the song (I think it was "You Look Good in My Shirt"), and never continued on to the left side, which is where I would have been seated had my seats not been upgraded. Wouldn't that have been something to see him play to the seat I should have been sitting in?:-( The cool thing about this song is that his electric guitar is electric in all senses of the word...the body of it lights up, and changes color between turquoise blue, green, and red as he plays and runs around the aisle and up into the stands. It helps you find him in the dark. Beautiful! Graham thought it was the coolest thing ever!

09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Way to go EV. Glad you enjoyed Kris and Keith. I've still not had a chance to see Keith yet. :sad: And good on you for getting the 'upgraded' seats.

Brooke
09-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Ev, way to go! I'm so glad they took care of you and got you and your son better seats!

Isn't Keith fantastic? I just love him! :smitten: Did he give the guitar away to someone in the crowd then? At the show I saw he was doing that. Very cool!

eaglesvet
09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Yes, I am in LOVE once again. However, I don't thnk he gave the guitar away, because he played it all the way back up to and on the stage through the end of the song. I didn't notice it getting thrown into the crowd at that point, and I think I would have...it was certainly hard to miss!

I would see him again in a heartbeat!

Prettymaid
09-15-2010, 12:50 PM
:applause: Way to tell a story EV! Although I got a little confused during the seat placement part, I got the jist - sounds like you and your son got to see a wonderful show!

Brooke
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, I am in LOVE once again. However, I don't thnk he gave the guitar away, because he played it all the way back up to and on the stage through the end of the song. I didn't notice it getting thrown into the crowd at that point, and I think I would have...it was certainly hard to miss!

I would see him again in a heartbeat!

At my show, he finished the song, signed the guitar, and turned around and handed it to an unsuspecting girl. Can you imagine getting that?! She was just shocked and elated! And was ushered out with it by security. I think he did that at most of his shows in 2008. :cool:

Brooke
01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Keith and Nicole have a new baby! They certainly kept that secret well!

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/surprise-nicole-kidman-and-keith-urban-welcome-a-baby-girl-1592121.story?gt1=28135

Freypower
01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
It was a surrogacy arrangement. The article does state that she is their biological daughter, however.

Brooke
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I know. I thought it rather strange since they had no troubles having Sunday Rose. I suppose she didn't want to go through a pregnancy again for her career. You can do anything these days if you have enough money! I believe he's the father, too.

Annabel
02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Well I spent 6 hours in this thread yesterday and, as I hadn't finished it, I had to spend another 2 and 1/2 hours here this morning. :nahnah: Well I didn't want to miss any of it. :hilarious: Thank you ladies for all the videos, news and pics that were posted here. I've learnt a lot and enjoyed all 69 pages. :thumbsup:

I am only a recent finder of this gorgeous hunk of a man (sorry Don H) and am so glad I have found him. (I actually passed him by when I heard he was doing the summer tour with 'our guys'. :worried:)

Only have one cd so far, Greatest Hits, but plan on getting more or even all and whatever in the DVD line. Would love to see him live and really hope that like he said in his live interview that he does come back to the UK one day. My 13 year old daughter thinks he is 'bufty' (her word) :nahnah: and would come with me like a shot to any concert I know. Maybe he can come with the Eagles so I get a 2 in one concert lol. ;)

02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Hmmm - I dunno Annabel. We may have to tell Don about the amount of time you spent here unless, of course, you can prove you spent more time in Henley Heaven. :wink: :wink:

I have been wanting to see Keith for a while now ever since Brooke and EasyFeeling turned me into a fan right here in this thread. I was going to go to the D.C. Eagles/Keith show last summer, but that was one that got canceled. Anyway, I got an email a few days ago, and Keith is doing 2 shows in my area on July 26 and July 28. I am definitely planning on going to one of them.

Brooke
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Annabel, oh yes, you must go see him. He's a wonderful performer and very easy on the eyes! :smitten: :thud: His concerts are very high energy and he interacts so easily with his fans.

Here's his tour dates. I hope you can get to one of his shows.

http://www.keithurban.net/getcloser2011.html

Annabel
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Dreamer, I have spent days in Henley Heaven since joining here and would happily do it all over again, and again and again. :nahnah: :thumbsup: Glad you are going to get to a Keith concert this time round and hope you thoroughly enjoy every bit of him. And I mean every bit. ;)

Brooke, thanks for the tour dates, but he's not coming to the U K .......again. :sigh: He wants to come back and I'd love him to, but it's not planned so far. Damn it! :brickwall: One day I hope.

Brooke
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
June 29-Kansas City

I might have to do that one!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2011, 01:44 PM
You lucky girl, Brooke!!! I'm so envious of you Americans. Keith is doing so many shows in the USA and does not think about to come back to Europe. :sad: I can understand that since he fills large arenas there. Not possible in Europe so why should he come back? It costs alot of money to bring all the equipment and stuff. He only can do shows here in small clubs with around 1000 people so thats not profitable.

Unlike Toto, they are huge in Europe but not successful in the USA which I will never understand because they are excellent musicians. Will get to see them 3 times this year. :grin:

Annabel, you've read the entire thread? :shock: Wow! Hope you enjoyed it :grin: Keith is one of the hottest guys on earth :grin: I was lucky to see him in 2007 in Germany and I'm waiting for him since. I really hope he comes back but to be honest I doubt it. :sad:

sodascouts
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Congrats to Keith on his Grammy as well. And wow, this number with John Mayer and Norah Jones is HOT!

Wildthyme
02-13-2011, 11:17 PM
He is going to be in Seattle and in California in September/October. Might have to treat myself to a concert as a birthday gift to myself. :D Unless of course our boys decide to do the west coast again about then...

Maleah
02-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Congrats to Keith on his Grammy as well. And wow, this number with John Mayer and Norah Jones is HOT!

INDEED! And how cute was he when he cleared up the whole "Daughters" bit afterwards? haha

sodascouts
02-14-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah - that was one of the few funny spontaneous moments of the night!

Annabel
02-14-2011, 03:45 AM
:yay: Great news that Keith won. Might have to see if I can find a clip of that somewhere out there. :nod:

eaglesvet
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM

So agreed...probably the best number of the night, given MY musical tastes! :inlove: Tickets on sale this Friday for Keith at the Prudential Center in Newark, the best-acoustics-arena I have ever had the pleasure to listen in! Can't wait! :partytime:

02-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh wow Eva - have a blast a be sure to let us know all about it.

Congratulations to Keith on his Grammy win!!!

Brooke
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
:yay: Great news that Keith won. Might have to see if I can find a clip of that somewhere out there. :nod:

Can't find that, but there's his performance of Dolly Parton's Jolene with Nora Jones and John Mayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTQWY5CWy8

Does John Mayer look like Johnny Depp there or what?! And it would have been nice if he would have known the song!

cjhill
02-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Well I spent 6 hours in this thread yesterday and, as I hadn't finished it, I had to spend another 2 and 1/2 hours here this morning. :nahnah: Well I didn't want to miss any of it. :hilarious: Thank you ladies for all the videos, news and pics that were posted here. I've learnt a lot and enjoyed all 69 pages. :thumbsup:

I am only a recent finder of this gorgeous hunk of a man (sorry Don H) and am so glad I have found him. (I actually passed him by when I heard he was doing the summer tour with 'our guys'. :worried:)

Only have one cd so far, Greatest Hits, but plan on getting more or even all and whatever in the DVD line. Would love to see him live and really hope that like he said in his live interview that he does come back to the UK one day. My 13 year old daughter thinks he is 'bufty' (her word) :nahnah: and would come with me like a shot to any concert I know. Maybe he can come with the Eagles so I get a 2 in one concert lol. ;)

Saw him live in 2007 at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Small venue so we had great seats.
Was an awesome night, he is really a top class musician.
So if you ever get the chance...go and see him. Sadly hes not been back to these shores since.

Annabel
02-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Can't find that, but there's his performance of Dolly Parton's Jolene with Nora Jones and John Mayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTQWY5CWy8

Does John Mayer look like Johnny Depp there or what?! And it would have been nice if he would have known the song!

Awww thanks for looking Brooke. :angel: Love the clip you found and agree John Mayer does look a bit Johhny Depp-ish there. Love the little look / kind of laugh between Norah and Keith after Johnny sang :laugh:

Annabel
02-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Saw him live in 2007 at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Small venue so we had great seats.
Was an awesome night, he is really a top class musician.
So if you ever get the chance...go and see him. Sadly hes not been back to these shores since.

I wasn't so wise then. :brickwall: At least he has said in an interview that he wants to come back here. That's a start. Maybe we should get a campaign up to get him here :laugh:

Got my 13 year old DD listening to him and he's now on her i-pod. Also just introduced him to my neighbour who is liking what she sees /hears. Knew she would she likes Lady A too. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-15-2011, 10:15 PM

Yes, he does! I like his look last year better. And, yeah, there was a bit of fudging but I still enjoyed it!

I loved seeing Keith Urban as well. Sounds like he gets rave reviews across the board!

Maleah
02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes, he does! I like his look last year better. And, yeah, there was a bit of fudging but I still enjoyed it!

I loved seeing Keith Urban as well. Sounds like he gets rave reviews across the board!

My favorite look of John's was on the cover of the Battle Studies cd. I'm NOT a fan of the long hair. lol

Sadly, I didn't even notice that he didn't know the song. :blush:

eaglesvet
02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I guess I'll have to review that clip, too. When I was watching the show, I didn't notice the flubbed lyrics, either.

On another note, although I had the Keith Urban ticket sales time both in my Google Calendar as well as on a post-it note...I managed to get so bogged down at work yesterday that it never crossed my mind to get on Ticketmaster at 10 am, until 7pm! My heart sank when I remembered about the ticket sales in the evening. However, I lucked out! I had a choice of Row 24 on the floor, or ROW 5 in the first section of seats just to the right side of the stage...so I jumped on those 5th row seats in a flash! I'm thinkin' I'll be getting a pretty close look at Keith from that spot, certainly better than I expected for such a late log-in into Ticketmaster. And the price was the next level cheaper than the floor seats, too! :thumbsup: Can't wait for July (for many reasons...)

Annabel
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
:thumbsup: And here's to the the great photos you can get to tease us all with :nahnah: :hilarious:

Keith Urban now has 5 of his albums on my DD1's i-pod. The most of anybody she has on there. I created a fan. :partytime:

eaglesvet
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes, you can bet I will utilize my best camera-smuggling skills!

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I recently discovered Keith and his music and guitar playing and now I'm a big fan and want to get his latest CD and see a concert. His music is good but I really love his guitar playing, sound, and tastes in guitars. He's a pedal geek like me and a tone chaser. I just watched a video of his current guitar rig - very complex and we have a lot in common actually. So even though I hate country music I now am a Keith Urban fan. But he's much more "rock" to me anyway. My favorite song by him is probably "Days Go By". I like that one a lot.

Here is that guitar rig tour in two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKg1qWRs4Eo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6uNUsVfby4

Annabel
08-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Oooh Austin, welcome on board. :thumbsup:

We had a Keith Urban afternoon here yesterday. His youtube channel playlist is great for listening to. We've got 5 of his albums in my collection. I say we as my eldest daughter loves him too. She has him on her i-pod. Not bad for a 14 year old who loves techno pop. :eyebrow:

BTW I love his guitar playing too. And We'd love to see him in concert ..... if he ever came back across the pond. Which doesn't seem to be happening atm. :brickwall:

Brooke
08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Another KU fan is always welcome! He really is a fantastic guitar player. :thumbsup:

I have several of his cds and a video. I went to Peoria to see him a couple years ago! It was fabulous! :heart: He puts on a great show and really interacts with the fans. You know how most performers try to stay back from their fans? Keith gets gets out in the crowd with them and wants them as close as possible to the stage! It's wild!

If you get the chance to see him live....GO!

WalshFan88
08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah I wish he'd come back to Peoria/Springfield because I will be there if so. I've already looked at his tour schedule and it doesn't look like he is coming here anytime soon. :(

sodascouts
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM
One of my friends posted this - HOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKh3o98Quo

Maleah
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Their "Crossroads" episode was AMAZING!!

EasyFeeling
09-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep, it was amazing :) My favorite episode so far. Still waiting for Keith to come back to Germany but I guess I can forget it :worried:

TimothyBFan
10-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet but we watched the MusiCares Tribute to Neil Young last night. Amazing stuff from so many artist I know we have threads for here. Thought I'd post the videos. I just ordered the dvd from Amazon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOJmepjAebg&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5AAA556E8A3B2F0E

timfan
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Apparently Keith Urban is going to have throat surgery later this month! :stunned:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=680512

Brooke
11-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I heard this this morning! Hope it all goes well for him.

WalshFan88
11-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Hope he feels better soon! I've come to really like his guitar playing and some of his music but I like his guitar playing more than his songs - same with Brad Paisley. I love his playing and tone and all of that but I'm not a big Country song guy. Love the playing though.

11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Got my fingers crossed that Keith will have a very speedy recovery and be back as good as new very soon!

Annabel
11-08-2011, 04:31 PM
:cry: Hope he is fit and well soon after his surgery.

Prettymaid
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Best wishes to Keith.

Outlawman13
02-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I adore Keith Urban!!!!!!!!!! I have most of his c.d.s and I still need to go to a concert. God that man can rock. He is amazing. I like country with rock and roll in it.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/4490114/Keith+Urban+keith.jpg

Witchy Woman
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
He is a great singer , and his songs are very catchy. I must say, I do find myself wiping drool off my chin and fanning myself whenever I see him. He is totally hot and sexy !!

Outlawman13
03-01-2013, 12:38 AM
LOL ohhh I need a rag whenever I see photos of him too. He is really sexy, and all over that guitar. I mean whew. LOL.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/tasteofcountry.com/files/2011/04/keith-urban-040811a.jpg
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/f0/d5/1346023271_3800_KeithUrban-Jason%20KempinG.jpg

WalshFan88
09-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Got tickets to see Keith in November in Peoria. I'm pretty excited. I've always been a big fan of his and love his guitar playing. I was going to put this in the Concerts thread but thought Keith's thread could use a bump!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Got tickets to see Keith in November in Peoria. I'm pretty excited. I've always been a big fan of his and love his guitar playing. I was going to put this in the Concerts thread but thought Keith's thread could use a bump!!

Love his almost sat nite version w john foggerty
Great player man
Excited for you
:yay::blueblob::D

Brooke
09-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Great, Austin! You will love it because he is a fantastic guitar player, among other things! I saw him there in 2008 with Carrie Underwood. 2 days before the show I got a 3rd row ticket 3 seats from the walkway! I could have reached out and touched him when he came down it! It was a fabulous show!

Can't believe it's been that long! :ack:

EasyFeeling
07-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Oh, the KU thread is still here :thumbsup:

Guess what... I will be seeing him Sept. 6 at the Shoreline Amphitheater Mountain View, can you believe? :partytime: We will be doing a 2 weeks California trip starting in San Francisco, driving along the west coast with stops in Pismo Beach, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Yosemite National Park and back to SF. We have tickets for the KU show as well as for Foreigner (will see them in Germany as well on their acoustic tour).
I registered for a M&G with Keith and IF I win... OMG... I better don't think about it LOL

VAisForEagleLovers
07-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Good for you, EF!! It all sounds like a lot of fun!

07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Glad to know you still love Keith, EF.

And hope you have a wonderful trip. Wish this was all happening on the East Coast - we could finally meet cause I would definitely make plans to join you at the show.

sodascouts
07-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Have fun!!

WalshFan88
07-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Keith is amazing live... And a way underrated guitar player IMO... Most going to his concerts I'd guess are mostly going there for his songs and to see him - I go to hear him play guitar. :hilarious: I like a lot of his songs but his guitar style is highly inspirational to me. He's actually a very good bluesy rock guitarist, even though he's country (although a lot of today's country can be divided into pop, rap, or modern-sounding southern rock) And he's a vintage guitar nut and seems like a nice person. He's also got the best live guitar sound I've heard to date. So smooth and doesn't sound processed or brittle like a lot of guitar sounds live.

EasyFeeling
07-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Oh, I know what you are talking about :) I saw him in Germany in 2007, looooong time ago LOL He played in a small venue, in front of 1000 people. It was awesome. Since then I am waiting for him to come back but... well, he is not a superstar here so I take the chance when I am in USA. Yep, he can play the guitar!
When he did the Beatles tribute with John Mayer he also met Steve Lukather from Toto, Steve told me a bit about it and said Keith is a very nice person and a great singer. They met the first time and are friends now. Hope to win the M&G so I can find out myself :grin: But I better don't think about it much, don't want to be disappointed.

Dreamer, would have been great to meet you, too bad we can't go together.
Thanks Nancy!

Brooke
07-29-2014, 02:24 PM
EF, sounds like an awesome trip for you! Have fun!

And I hope you win the m&g! I know you would just die! :lol:

Brooke
11-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Austin, you recently saw Keith and I'd love to see a review from you! I saw a pic on Fb, but not much else. If you've got some time.......I know he was awesome!

WalshFan88
11-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Sure!

This made the 2nd time seeing him. The first time was on the FUSE tour with Dustin Lynch and Little Big Town opening for him (FUSE was his last album before the current one). That show was fantastic and had a great time. Great show.

This show was on the Ripcord tour with Maren Morris and Brett Eldredge opening for him (Ripcord is his newest album). I liked these openers this time, but Little Big Town is hard to beat as an opening show. They are too big now to be openers.

Maren Morris is a good newer country artist and while I don't like all of her stuff, I love "80's Mercedes" and "My Church". Brett Eldredge on the other hand is a bit more established and I like most of his songs and he put on a good show.

Keith himself was fantastic. IIRC, he opened the show Long Hot Summer and was a great kickoff. He then went back and forth between new and old songs all night.

He played "Where The Blacktop Ends" which was one of his very first songs and I love that song so it was good to see it come back and was the highlight for me.

I was surprised how much new material from Ripcord he played. He played a bulk of those songs.... He played classic stuff too, but more from the new record than I was expecting. Not a bad thing, but wasn't expecting that. I'd even argue he did 50/50 old songs and new stuff. Again, it's okay but any more might be a problem.

He still kills it on guitar and has a very good selection of guitars he plays. He also has a great rhythm/utility/etc player with him, Danny Rader. It's funny that the lead singer is also the lead guitarist. Usually the lead singer is the rhythm guitarist if they play at all. The only other guy I know that does that is Charlie Starr of Blackberry Smoke. It's cool to see and is very interesting to me.

All in all it's a great show but be ready to hear a LOT of songs from Ripcord. Also because of the RnB bordering on disco sound of the new record, he has a new band member running a laptop with the synth/effects/etc on it. A bit different.

Great show, high energy vibe, and a lot of fun but you have to like his newest music because if you don't you will be put off by how much of it he plays, lol.

Brooke
11-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I haven't bought the last two albums of his, so I would have to get those before seeing him again then. He's just kind of taken a back seat for me, but I still love his earlier music. I've only seen his once, but it was fantastic and I agree, he is a wonderful guitar player. Yes, I would think he would have an awful lot to do with being lead singer and lead guitar player, but he certainly pulls it off! Glad you had a good time!

I would also love to see Little Big Town and also Blackberry Smoke! BS was in Columbia, Mo a year or so ago, which is just a hundred miles away, at a very small club and I should have gone! My brother did and he's a big fan.

Thanks for your comments!

Delilah
11-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the review, WF. I'd love to see Keith Urban again.

How did Maren Morris sound? I kind of have mixed feelings about her. I really like My Church but am not too keen on the Mercedes song. I can't help but wonder if she's one of those singers who gets a major auto-tune up in the studio.

buffyfan145
11-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Great review WF88 and I loved finally seeing him as well this past summer. :D

Delilah, Maren opened up for Keith when I saw him too and I thought she was great. Sounds the same live as recorded and did two duets with Keith at the concert. I personally like both of her singles.

WalshFan88
11-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the review, WF. I'd love to see Keith Urban again.

How did Maren Morris sound? I kind of have mixed feelings about her. I really like My Church but am not too keen on the Mercedes song. I can't help but wonder if she's one of those singers who gets a major auto-tune up in the studio.

I think most new country singers ARE auto-tuned to some degree. Especially new artists that came to light in the last 5 years or so. Kinda cookie cutter.

She sounded very good, but she's a spitfire....I don't necessarily mean that bad but she's a little rough around the edges in terms of performer personality. She reminds me of Janis Joplin, which is funny because she opens with Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" song. She's not at all like the smooth happy smooth voice new female country singers like Kelsea Ballerini or Maddie and Tae or anything like that. There's some gravel there. Me, I like that, but it's an acquired taste lol.

Delilah
11-19-2016, 08:30 PM
Nice that she did those duets with Keith. She seems to have potential for a lot of success and representing the future of country music. It's good to know she sounds like the real deal.