PDA

View Full Version : What Eagles Song Would You Sing If...

Prettymaid
03-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Okay, let's pretend you've got a golden voice, best vocal on the planet (no really...everybody says so!) What Eagles song would be your first choice to perform? You can only sing one!

Ah ah - not so fast. I'm going to throw in a couple of wrinkles!

It has to be an Eagles song - not a solo song. A song that was on an Eagles album.

Now for the clincher: The lyrics are of no importance! You're picking the song strictly for the tune...the melody...the beat...the harmonies (yes, you're allowed to have backup singers - no, not the Eagles! :hilarious:)

Remember, anything you choose you can't go wrong with. You've got the talent to hit it out of the ballpark. It might not necessarily be your favorite. It's the song you would like to sing the most and put your own personal touch to.

EagleLady
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Take It To The Limit

Scarlet Sun
03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

sodascouts
03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Hmm! Good question! I'll go with "Take It to the Limit" as well.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Take it to the Limit

Brooke
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
At first thought, I thought Take It Easy since it's my all time favorite Eagles song, but it wouldn't require that much vocal talent.

So, with the wind blowing through my hair, Hotel California!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Hmmm - I think I'll take pity on my fellow Borderers and say "I Dreamed There Was No War"! :wink:

But seriously since according to this thread, I am a fantastic singer, if I could only choose one song, it would be "Heartache Tonight". I think that would be one of the most challenging Eagles vocals.

sodascouts
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
The challenge aspect is one reason I chose TITTL. It requires a lot of range and in order to truly convey the essence of the song, you really have to put a lot of emotion into the vocal. Not an easy task!

luvthelighthouse
03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Too hard! My answer today may be different than my mood tomorrow. I've narrowed it down to One of These Nights, How Long and Waiting in the Weeds. If I had to pick only one song to sing right now, today, it would be... drum roll... One of These Nights.

Freypower
03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
New Kid In Town. I didn't even have to think about it.

TimothyBFan
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Good freakin' question!!!! :thumbsup:

I just got back from the tanning bed where I do my best thinking! :hilarious: I've decided mine would be Best Of My Love but.... (you knew there would be one) I would need extensive voice coaching prior to my big performance from a certain long haired bass player that would require lots and lots of hours, late into the night, because I'm a veeerrry slow learner.

Troubadour
03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
This was really hard! My first thought was Wasted Time, then I was swayed by ltl's vote of One Of These Nights (oh, to be able to hit those high notes) but... after much consideration... I have decided on Lyin' Eyes. It's like the quintessential Eagles song to me. It's got beautiful harmonies and a gorgeous melody - as a singer, it would be great to get the opportunity to pour so much feeling into the vocals. I love the more obvious country vibe it has, too. If I could sing, that's the kind of song I'd like to perform!

Peekaboo
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
This thread is the only place in the world where I would be the best singer.

I gotta go with my favorite song ever, Desperado. I think Don's vocals in that song are so wonderful and the emotion he puts into it sells it for me. And since I'm the best singer in the world I'm pretty darn sure I could sell it too. :)

luvthelighthouse
03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Troub, Wasted Time was my very first thought! Too funny. You know, I actually forgot about Lyin' Eyes... good choice. That song has always been in my top five favorite songs ever... so don't ask me how I could forget it!

Prettymaid
03-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I was all set to answer The Last Resort because I love the melody and the way it works its way to the last verse with the ahhs behind it - makes the hairs on my arms stand up - but at the last minute I have decided to go with the majority and pick TITTL. I would have a blast with the way the song crecsendos and then backs right off for the "one more time" parts.

Troubadour
03-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Ahhh, The Last Resort! If I'd have remembered that one earlier, my decision would have been even harder. Beautiful song.

Peekaboo
03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
These are all good choices. I had my mind set on Desperado from the beginning and then after I had already posted my choice I saw mentions of Wasted Time and The Last Resort. Those are good ones too.

Without realizing it, I nearly cheated when I was initially posting my choice because I was thinking about the Survivor game and how I mentioned on there how I'm a softy when it comes to the ballads but I also like to rock out so at first I had actually chosen one ballad and one rocker but for some reason I decided to just go with Desperado since it's my favorite. Hmm, it seems to have worked out anyway.

Glennhoney
03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
..my husband and I are both choir people...he's a bass, I'm a soprano...and our "men" section could really do a great job on "Hole in the world"..their harmonies are excellent...I will have to bring that up.........uummm...

Koala
03-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Hard Question! My first thought was The Sad Cafe but I have decided to Desperado!

TimothyBFan
03-26-2010, 08:47 AM
at first I had actually chosen one ballad and one rocker but for some reason I decided to just go with Desperado since it's my favorite. Hmm, it seems to have worked out anyway.

Out of curiosity, what would the rocker have been Jess.

Again--as I said above PM- great thread. Love this kind of stuff!

Fan_For_Life
03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Great question. One I will have to think about for a bit and get back to you.

cynd1231
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Dang it....this is tough! My first inclination is to choose LWKUA but I have to go with Best Of My Love

Fan_For_Life
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I think I'm going to have to go for Already Gone.

EaglesFanatic
07-27-2010, 03:48 AM
I would have to go with either Hotel California or I Can't Tell You Why

MikeA
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Hard pressed to pick one. It would seem to me to be one with the most difficult vocals to show off all the talent I have suddenly acquired!

Could either be "Wasted Time" or "Desperado" at first "glance". But there is one that I would have to go with that would turn out miraculous:

Seven Bridges....with just me harmonizing all those parts simultaneously. All you other vocalists....bow down to the KING!

Prettymaid
07-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Now that would be talent Mike! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Why Mike--Don't be so modest!

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I think for me it would be 'Lyin Eyes'. I can strum to it on the guitar and I think it is just a beautiful song, and one of the oldest I know! of course with my voice the only place I'll ever be singing that one is in my dreams.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Dang Mike - You are GOOD!!! :thumbsup: