PDA

View Full Version : Teh Eagles and Teh Underwear

bernie's bender
04-23-2010, 08:19 PM
We all have our archival photos of the band members (past and present)...

But, can we postulate as to their predilection for undergarments.

Bernie: tidy whities
Randy: paisley boxers
Glenn: silk boxer brief
Don H: no underwear, likes it rough and a little painful, prefers to chafe
Don F: speedo mini briefs, camo
Joe: mesh/dayglo
Tim: made from organically grown hemp.

Your thoughts?

TimothyBFan
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
OMG Bernie---where are you coming up with these!!! :rofl:

EagleLady
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Um You have way too much time on your hands :roll:

bernie's bender
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Um You have way too much time on your hands :roll:

does this mean no dessert? :wave:

AzEaglesFan
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
BB, THANKS A LOT, my imagination is now running amuck just picturing the guys decked out per your list. Although I still think of Joe as a camo man.:rofl:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Well bender, I'm not sure about all of your pantie postulates. I'm confused about Glenn's "silk boxer brief". I thought it was supposed to be boxers or briefs. If so, it does beg the infamous question for him. And after many views of the Farewell I DVD, I'm thinking it is definitely commando for Joe. :wink:

Prettymaid
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
And after many views of the Farewell I DVD, I'm thinking it is definitely commando for Joe. :wink:

Did you do this study for your own benefit, Dreamer or were you contracted? :heybaby:

04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
PM - It was a purely selfless act, all done in the name of research for the betterment of this fan community! :angel:

bernie's bender
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm confused about Glenn's "silk boxer brief". I thought it was supposed to be boxers or briefs.

See, that is what I love! a wonderful exchange of ideas and Q/A...

Many folks are unaware of the 'boxer/brief' combo and go through life with only briefs (confining) or boxers (dare I say, too much freedom)... along comes the boxer/brief and we have the perfect match of snuggity while allowing adequate play for the fellers, and with the added element of silk a certain sexy slinkiness...

I give you... the boxer brief!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31-cBZ3ix3L._SS400_.jpg

04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the insightful info, bender. I am actually trying to envision Glenn wearing them as I write this. Yep - works for me! :thumbsup:

ticky
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
now THIS is a topic I can get into...

BB.. 20 years ago I could totally agree with you, but these guys, at this stage, are alll about comfort. I'm not saying tightie whities all around, and the boxer briefs are more then probable (Cliffy wears those Im VERY happy to say*G*) but Im thinking the speedos, the bikini briefs, not so much, and Henley? we're talking about the man who had a conniption fit over which direction the toilet paper roll is pointed. I'm thinking not ONLY does he wear silk boxers, but they are ironed, folded neatly and arranged according to color in the top drawer of his dresser.

Glenn, definitely the boxer briefs but probably in cotton and tight fitting... give me a moment to get a good mental image of this......whew.. okay...

Joe *G* well he's a boxer guy for sure. Loose and easy. Again, 20 years ago I could see the whole camo thing happening there, but now he's more sophisticated, probably black silk.... again.. a moment of self indulgence.... hmmm.... *SIGH* okay..

Tim, no hemp.. the idea is right, but hemp's wayyy too scratchy. Have you SEEN those jeans he wears???? The poor boy would have a rash from hell! No, Im thinking he must, MUST wear boxer briefs, tight and cotton (for comfort and aeration) or..... nothing! Now I can see.. I mean imagine... Tim going commando. .... in fact, lets ALL take a moment to imagine Tim going commando... whew... Of course, any under thingies Tim would wear would most definitely be biodegradable. He is, after all, very earth conscious, ie, the cotton.

now Irving is tightie whities without dispute.

TimothyBFan
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
in fact, lets ALL take a moment to imagine Tim going commando... whew...

http://bestsmileys.com/expressions/9.gif http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/3.gif

Prettymaid
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I have absolutely nothing to add to this topic but I'm very glad it was brought up! :heybaby:

bernie's bender
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
The Teh is an old internmess convention. When you are going to post a clearly tongue in cheek thread, it is proper etiquette to use 'teh' to signify it.

it is like the old 'BOFH' or 'dept of redundancy dept' stuff... it has been around since my old arpanet days.

it is also used to tease a members post, as in....

'as teh good pueblo sed'

just light hearted goofing off...

I kind of figured (and in some cases correctly) that you girls had major undie fantasies about our boys of the desert... I figured there would be a flurry of 'oh no, my Timmy would only wear boy kanga's under his stone washed 501's'

but, for the most part, maybe not! ha ha!

I think if it were a Linda Ronstadt, Nicolette Larson, Emmylou Harris, Rosie Butler, Valerie Carter underwear thread... I could describe it all down to thread count...

mebbe that is boys vs. girls...

here is LR showing a little leg..

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/UVASG03/Linda_RONSTADT.jpg

tequila girl
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm too pis sed at the moment to comment on this thread - suffice to say I did wonder!?

bernie's bender
04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I spent enough time around the "LA" scene in the 70's to know about 'the plaster casters' (there were more than Cynthia and Pam)

Steve Perry is/was, sadly, a pretender. Strangely enough, I think the consensus among the Penny Lanes pretty much crowned Huey Lewis as the true 'king of rock n roll' if you know what I mean.

The Eagles are more about performance than advertising. (another reason I think they are awesome.)

As one of my friends once mumbled after too many beers and some beer bar shuffleboard, "Some guys like their girls to dress up in cheerleader outfits, for me, I'm just looking for a girl with a little 'take one for the team' spirit."

or as Siggy might say "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long"

I had a buddy who used to wonder about Freud and his underwear and pondered (aloud) if Freud might not have been a cross dresser since everyone was always talkin' bout his slip.

(I'd rimshot please, but that could be construed as crude.)

sodascouts
04-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I'm familiar with what "teh" connotes on the internet. It's usually used sarcastically to poke fun at something or someone you consider to be rather silly, or at least behaving in a silly manner. For example:

ZOMG teh 1337 king pwned teh n00bs!!!!!!111 He is teh awesome!!!!!1111 lolz

It's very common on message boards populated by a somewhat younger demographic than we have here on The Border. ;)

Troubadour
04-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I was enjoying this thread. Until someone mentioned Irving in tightie whities, and I had to stop eating my lunch...

bernie's bender
04-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I was enjoying this thread. Until someone mentioned Irving in tightie whities, and I had to stop eating my lunch...

were you eating gefilte fish?

http://mob75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/teddygross/cookbook/gefiltefishcooking.jpg?t=1242306980

eaglesvet
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I'm familiar with what "teh" connotes on the internet. It's usually used sarcastically to poke fun at something or someone you consider to be rather silly, or at least behaving in a silly manner. For example:

It's very common on message boards populated by a somewhat younger demographic than we have here on The Border. ;)

So much younger, I have no idea what you just poked fun at Soda! :hilarious:

Stars
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I have no idea, either, EV!:hilarious:

sodascouts
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM

So much younger, I have no idea what you just poked fun at Soda! :hilarious:

As you can tell, you're not missing much! But I visit a lot of message boards and a lot of folks on there make fun of people that way.

ZOMG and lolz make fun of people who use "OMG" and "lol" a lot. It originated from people accidentally hitting "z" instead of the shift key when typing "OMG." That extended to "lol" and also mocks people who use "z" for a plural instead of an "s."

7331 = "Leet" = language used by programmers and gamers a while back where any letter possible was changed to a number in order to make the language comprehensible only to them, the "elite." I say "a while back" because since it is now mainstreamed, it is no longer "elite" and is therefore uncool to these people. :lol: Since I used to date an avid gamer, I know these things all too well. (What a mistake that was! Those games were his life - and this man was 30! The day we broke up was the day I came to his door for our date at 8:00 pm and found him dressed in sweats with the lights out except for his glowing monitor - he had forgotten due to being wrapped up in his massive multiplayer role-playing game aka MMRPG since that morning. He had not even bathed.)

pwned = owned = dominated/gotcha type thing. It comes from a gamer typo. Notice a trend here? lol

n00b = newbie = "new or clueless person." Originated by... you guessed it... gamers who were contemptuous of new players that had no idea how to do anything.

!!!!!!!!!!1111 = making fun of people who type a bunch of exclamation points, because a lot of times these people accidentally end with "1" due to their finger leaving the shift key before the other finger leaves the 1 key. Again, mocking people who aren't very savvy and are overly excitable.

"teh" can also be used as an intensifier - hence "teh awesome" means "Wow you are SO awesome!" Often served with a dose of snark to mean the opposite in the circles I run in.

So that whole sentence sarcastically makes fun of people who think themselves "elite" and thus make fun of others whom they look down upon. My ex would be highly affronted. ;)

bernie's bender
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
the ultimate in deconstruction....

making fun of the making funners who make fun of the people being made fun of... or something

I like it. metaexistence can't be far behind.

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 03:21 PM
!!!!!!!!!!1111 = making fun of people who type a bunch of exclamation points, because a lot of times these people accidentally end with "1" due to their finger leaving the shift key before the other finger leaves the 1 key. Again, mocking people who aren't very savvy and are overly excitable.

I guess that could be me!!!! Not very savvy and overexcitable!!!! :hilarious:

Molly
04-26-2010, 03:42 PM
OMG, I forgot about that(thank God!). How utterly gross! If he did wear tightie whities, bet they were wedged solidly up his butt crack, to put it delicately:fainting:, cuz he was always uptight about everything.;-)

And you know they're so tiny they probably have a Grrrranimals tag on them.

bender -may I say, I've pondered this for a few days and I'm only going to comment on Glenn since my mind tends to slip so easily into that line of thinking anyway.

I tend to think that Glenn's selection has "evolved" thru the years. They probably all were "commando" back in the day (more for the fact that they probably couldn't remember where they left the pair they'd been wearing the night before).

The early 80's and all those white suits probably brought out the tightie whities out of necessity.

Late 80's when he was "livin right" it was the boxer briefs (were they invented then?). All those aerobic classes, you know.

The past decade and a half I'm sure has brought out only the finest silk briefs. An acquired taste.

Prettymaid
04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
I tend to think that Glenn's selection has "evolved" thru the years. They probably all were "commando" back in the day (more for the fact that they probably couldn't remember where they left the pair they'd been wearing the night before).

Okay, guilty as charged! I'll send Joe's back to him!

eaglesvet
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Soda for your explanation...perfectly clear now. The rest of the conversation can carry on as planned...I have nothing really to add. The others are doing just fine!

04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
bender -may I say, I've pondered this for a few days and I'm only going to comment on Glenn since my mind tends to slip so easily into that line of thinking anyway.

So Molly, what's your best guess as to what he's wearing in your avatar? :twisted: :wink:

Molly
04-27-2010, 02:25 PM
So Molly, what's your best guess as to what he's wearing in your avatar? :twisted: :wink:

Something with a defective strap...coz it ain't doin' it's job!

bernie's bender
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
does it rhyme with the Tom Petty song "Free Fallin"?:soda: