PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Solo Material

cynd1231
04-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Okay, I threw this out during the video chat. I imagine we've all done it -- listened to a solo song by one of our boys and wondered how it would sound if it were sung by one of the others. SSSSSSOOOOOOO, what would it be? And I'll even broaden the choices...if you could have each of of them do something that EACH of the others has done on solo albums...which gives you sixteen choices! AND I'll even open it up to changing up lead vocals on a group number. Should be interesting...mix it up!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Okay - I'm gonna take a stab at this. I'm only picking one song each for scenario right now. I thought of some others, but I'll wait to see if they get mentioned by anyone else. So here goes ...

Don singing a Glenn song – All Those Lies
Don singing a Joe song – A Life of Illusion
Don singing a Tim song – Secular Praise
Glenn singing a Don song – Taking You Home
Glenn singing a Joe song – Rocky Mountain Way
Glenn singing a Tim song – Down By the River
Joe singing a Don song – Little Tin God
Joe singing a Glenn song – Big Life
Joe singing a Tim song – I Don’t Mind
Tim singing a Don song – The End of the Innocence
Tim singing a Glenn song – Delicious
Tim singing a Joe song – Help Me Thru the Night

The ones I found the hardest were picking a Joe song for Don to sing and vice versa. I guess it's because of the stark contrast in their styles.

Prettymaid
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Ooh, Dreamer I like the idea of Don trying Secular praise and Tim doing HMTTN!

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Glenn :heart: does an excellent Desperado on his 'Live in Dublin' DVD.

sodascouts
04-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I tried to do this and it's a lot harder than I thought! I'll have to give it some more time later.

Troubadour
04-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I can actually imagine Don singing Secular Praise very well. I wouldn't have thought about it myself, but I could definitely see it working.

I'll have to think about this some more, but for some reason, I think Glenn could do a great version of Not Enough Love In The World. The lyrics seem to have a bit of a Glenn vibe, and I think his voice would really suit the kind of upbeat melody... I reckon he could pull it off. I'd at least like to hear him try!

sodascouts
04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
I adore that song - great idea, Troub!

Freypower
04-26-2010, 03:27 AM
The topic is about singing each other's SOLO songs, not Eagles songs.

I agree with Dreamer about Don doing Secular Praise. Her choice for Tim doing Delicious is ... interesting.

Glenn has of course sung Rocky Mountain Way and he rocked it.

I can't really answer this at the moment.

Freypower
04-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Here are mine:

Glenn: Miss Ghost/Meadows/A Good Day

Don: Smuggler's Blues/The Confessor/Secular Praise

Joe: Partytown/Nobody Else In The World But You/One More Mile

Tim: The One You Love/Eveything Is Different Now/Second Hand Store

The combination I struggled with was Glenn/Don, of all things. I decided to give him Miss Ghost as he is so good with strong narratives & it's a long juicy lyric to get his teeth into. I did not want him to have a slow ballad.

For the record my alternative to Don singing Smuggler's Blues, which is perhaps predictably 'political', is Soul Searchin'.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Interesting list, FP. It's funny how we can all think so differently. For example, from your list, I just can't envision Glenn doing Miss Ghost (maybe it's because I dislike the song so much), or Don doing The Confessor (( actually considered this for my list, but after listening to it, I vetoed the idea), or Tim doing Everything Is Different Now (to me, the style of the song doesn't suit him). But 'different strokes for different folks' as we like to say.

A few others that I think could work are:

Don singing Glenn's 'He Took Advantage'
Glenn singing Tim's 'Parachute'
Joe singing Glenn's 'Love in the 21st Century'
Tim singing Joe's 'Ordinary Average Guy'