PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DonFan
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Margie! Glad to hear from you again--welcome to The Border! We had a great time visiting with each other before the James Gang concert--hopefully we can hook up at a concert again this year. I didn't realize you have seen the Eagles six times and Don six times--you lucky dog! I am looking forward to adding two more concerts to my number, since I bought tickets to see the Eagles in twice in Atlanta this May. Can't wait!

Anyway, SO glad you are here! Talk soon!

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Margie, a big welcome from me as well! It's great to have you on board here, and I'm sure you will have fun. I'll speak on behalf of five of our members who are unavoidably detained for the rest of this week, for some reason! :wink:

It's very exciting to think that the Eagles are starting a tour so soon after LROOE. Are you planning to see them in Atlanta? I have tickets for London and can't wait to see them again.

(BTW I am also 50 something, 2 sons, no grandchildren yet, and my family consider me a little bit mad but indulge me!)

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Hey Margie, welcome to The Border. I was a member on Eagleland for a while but can't remember you. I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a great place. :D

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the Border, Margie! :yay: :D I saw one of your posts in another thread before this one so I welcomed you there too. I'm sure you won't mind! :wink: I hope you have a great time here, which I just know you will.

I've been a fan of the boys for 3 and a half years now, and fanatical for almost a year now (the anniversary is fast approaching :D ). I'm in my early thirties, I'm single and I don't have children. I have a tendency to get fanatical about my favourite performers, the others being Elvis Presley and The Beatles, but my parents always understood it and encouraged it. My peers didn't get it though. :roll: I have a lot of supportive colleagues and friends these days, however, and can share my love of the Eagles with them. No one understands quite as well as my friends on the Border, though! :D :D :D My favourite is Glenn :heart: (as I'm sure you picked up from my username, LOL!), and I can't wait to see him and the others when they play in London on 20 March. I've never seen them before (they've never made it to South Africa), and this is my dream. I'm so excited!!!

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the Border from me too Margie! I hope you enjoy yourself on it. Like MF before you my favourite is Glenn :heart: as well and I too am going to London to see the boys and meet up with some of my Border friends.

Brooke
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Margie! Welcome to The Border! I remember you from Eagleland also, and always enjoyed your posts.

Glad to have you. I'm sure you will find it a very enjoyable place! :D

Freypower
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Margie! It's nice to meet you again! Welcome to The Border. You will love it here.

Marla
02-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! It's great to hear from all of you, old friends & new. I'm excited about the tour, & can't wait to hear your reviews from the London & Atlanta shows. I'll be all over the news from Pebble Beach, too. :)

I do hope to catch the band again this tour, perhaps in the fall. A Texas venue would be better for me. Here's hoping! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
And a very big hello and welcome from me too, Marge. Sorry, I'm late in replying, but I was sort of unavailable last week. We are so glad you found us, and hope you have a great time here on The Border. Like everyone, I hope we all get the opportunity to see some shows real soon. BTW - love your AV!

rcknalwys
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
A belated welcome from me also. Nice to know there are other Grandma's here that love the Eagles. My family, well most of them anyways, share my interest so not much eyerolling from them, but I know what you mean about other people not "getting it". This is a great place to connect with others.

Molly
02-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Margie, hi!! It's so nice to hear from you again! Welcome.

sodascouts
02-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I just realized - I never welcomed you, Margie! I remember you and I'm so glad you joined up.

Marla
02-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Soda, rcknalwys, Molly & Dreamer. I understand that some of you were just too 'Busy Being Fabulous' last week to post much. No problem. :)

Dreamer, that HFO band, & Don in particular really caught my eye for some reason. Thus the avatar. :D

Rcknalwys, I'm just a 'bird-watching granny'. :wink:

Maleah
02-16-2008, 02:18 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! Welcome Margie! It's GREAT to have you here! love the av :D

Marla
02-16-2008, 04:34 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! Welcome Margie! It's GREAT to have you here! love the av :D

Thanks, Maleah! I feel so welcome! :D I had a feeling you might like the AV. :wink:

SweetHolly
03-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome to all new members.

Maleah
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks, Maleah! I feel so welcome! :D I had a feeling you might like the AV. :wink:

Well they do say that great minds think alike! ;)

freyfantastic61
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi everybody!
:D
I have been a fan of The Eagles since the 70's and my favourite is Glenn Frey (as you can probably guess! :P )
My daughter found this site for me and I thought it would be fun to join and be among other Eagle fanatics! :D
freyfantastic61!
x :D

03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello ff61 - Let me be the first one to welcome you. You have come to the right place if you love the Eagles and Glenn. Hope you love it here on The Border. Enjoy yourself. It's great to have another member from the UK aboard. Are you going to any of the London shows?

And OBTW - kudos to your daughter for finding this place for you! :wink:

sodascouts
03-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself here on the Border!

freyfantastic61
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Hello ff61 - Let me be the first one to welcome you. You have come to the right place if you love the Eagles and Glenn. Hope you love it here on The Border. Enjoy yourself. It's great to have another member from the UK aboard. Are you going to any of the London shows?

And OBTW - kudos to your daughter for finding this place for you! :wink:

Hi!Thankyou I am finding my way around the site! Fasinating stuff and loads of info' :cry: Sadly I was unable to get tickets,despite hanging on the phone for ages AND on line! When I did get through -only
tickets available were way at the back so I didn't go for them!! luv FF61

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome from Dublin from me too FF61. I hope you are enjoying surfing this site. My favourite is Glenn :heart: as well. If you want a single ticket try sending a pm to glenneaglesfan. She is trying to sell a spare one for the first night- 20th March. I'm going to that gig as well with my daughter and MF is flying in from South Africa for it. We are planning a very good night. :D

Mrs Frey
03-06-2008, 03:11 AM
I think I welcomed you in another thread, but no harm in doing it again, FF61! :D

GA is right: glenneaglesfan (or GEF as we call her :wink: ) has a spare ticket for 20 March. The three of us plan to meet up before the gig, which is now less than two weeks away! :shock: I am so excited! It would be great if you could be there too! :D

tbs fanatic
03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Welcome FF61 - let us know if you manage to snag GEF's ticket.

freyfantastic61
03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome FF61 - let us know if you manage to snag GEF's ticket. :D

:D :D :D OMG! I now have tickets for the 26th Can't believe my luck 5th row from front!! Thanku for your welcome! luv FF61

rcknalwys
03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Welcome from me also FF61. I know you'll enjoy it here. Congrats on scoring such a great ticket! Don't forget to share the details.

Glennsallnighter
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Well done on sourcing those tickets FF61. Sounds like a great seat! Hope you enjoy yourself at the gig. :D

Mrs Frey
03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm so happy for you FF61! :D I hope you have a fantastic time. It's a pity I won't be able to meet up with you, as I'll be back in South Africa by the 26th.

glenneaglesfan
03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome from me again, FF61, and congratulations on getting excellent seats!! You won't regret it! Sorry we won't get a chance to meet you - have to wait until next time! :wink:

countryangel28
03-07-2008, 02:24 PM
hey everyone, i just joined this forum because I am a HUGE fan of The Eagles, so i thought this would be a great way to meet and get to know people who already have one major thing in common with me... I look forward to being a part of this forum!

DonFan
03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Welcome, countryangel! We're glad you found us! This is a fun place to be, and a great time to be here, with the Eagles LROOE tour about to start!
Tell us a little about you--who is your favorite Eagle? Mine is Don, as you can probably guess. :D

03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Welcome CA28 - We are glad you found us. We have a great time here talking about our favorite band. Glad you decided to join in and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

Molly
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Hello and welcome to both FF61 and ca28! Enjoy!

Glennsallnighter
03-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome from me too CA28. I hope you enjoy yourself on the Border. Who is your favourite of the Eagles? Mine as you've guessed is Glenn :heart:

sodascouts
03-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome CA28!

glenneaglesfan
03-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome to the Border, CA28! Hope you have fun here!

EasyFeeling
03-09-2008, 06:46 AM
FF61, congratulation on getting such great seats. :yay: As I saw the guys I also managed to sit so close to them. It was great. :D

Countryangel, welcome to the board. :D

rcknalwys
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome aboard Countyangel28. You've found a wonderful place to share your love for the Eagles. I'm a huge Timothy fan as you can see. There are fans from all ages and walks of life here, so jump in and share the love.

samo
03-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Well this is my first post of many I hope. I can't wait until May 20th we I get to go see the guys in Atlanta!!!!! :D I luv 'em all but Joe and Glenn are my favs.

I live about 60 miles from Atlanta, so that is not too bad. Glad to be here!!!

Sarah

Brooke
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Welcome to The Border, samo! Glad you found us! :D

I envy you getting to see the greatest American band in Atlanta. I'm hoping they come closer to me sometime soon.

rcknalwys
03-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome from me also samo. Enjoy the board. Lots of goodies here so jump right in.

EaglesFreak
03-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Greetings!

My name is Laura. I hail from Austin, Texas and I'm 36 (37 in a few days :shock: ). Anyhoo, I've been a devoted Eagles fan for as long as I can remember. I had the wonderful fortune of seeing them in concert not once, but twice. I took a road trip allll the way up to Lubbock in 2002 and then got to see them just a few miles down the street in San Antonio in 2003 for the Farewell I Tour. I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the 11th row from the stage in San Antonio. There are truly no words to describe how awesome it was to be that close.

You have a lovely site and I will try to stop by often. :nod:

sodascouts
03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Sarah and Laura! Welcome! Laura, my sister lives in Austin. I'm glad both of you are here!

Brooke
03-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome to you, too, Laura! You're gonna like it here!

My daughter lives in Austin, too, and I've been there 3 times to visit in 3 years. Great place. We also visited San Antonio and Ft. Worth while there. Did you go to any of the sxsw events?

Glad you found us. This is an exciting night as we have 3 of our regulars attending tonight's concert in London! Can't wait to get full reports! :D

EasyFeeling
03-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Oh, two new members here :D welcome Sarah and Laura to this wonderful place. :bye:

tbs fanatic
03-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Welcome, welcome. It's funny everyone with these Austin connections - I got married in Austin :shock:

rcknalwys
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the board Laura. I don't have an Austin connection but my daughter lives in Wichita Falls. Enjoy yourself here. You've arrived at an exciting time as you know. I'm sure you are as eager as the rest of us to hear about the concerts some of our members have attended.

03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
samo and EaglesFreak - Welcome from me as well. We are glad that you found us and hope both of you enjoy yourself here on The Border. It is indeed an exciting time to be an Eagles fan. Many happy postings to you both!

P. S. I don't have any Austin connection. :wink:

Mrs Frey
03-22-2008, 07:13 AM
My goodness, two new members and one new member that I missed! :shock:

Welcome to The Border, CA28, Samo (Sarah) and EaglesFreak (Laura)! :yay: :yay: :yay: How wonderful to have you all here. I hope you have a fantastic time sharing your love of the Eagles with us.

It's great to read your experiences of seeing our special boys. I got to see them for the first time on Thursday evening at the O2 Arena in London. You can expect a full review from me next week! :D :D :D

Share1967
05-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, my name is Share. I am from Southwest Missouri. (tornado alley) I am 41, and a CMT married with 4 grown Children.

I have always been an eagles fan. I remember listening to them in the 70's while growing up in Oklahoma. I dsictinctly remember when New Kid In Town came on the radio. I thought that was the greatest song I ever heard. ( My fav Eagle song now is Lyin Eyes)

I was reintroduced to them when Hell Freezes Over came out. I love all the 70s rock, 80s hard rock and the current country artist. ( Big and Rich, gretchen..etc..) I was a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I named my oldest daughter Sara after Stevies song. We thought about Rhiannon but settled on Sara. I had read about Stevies abortion in an Eagles biography but had no idea that is where the inspiration for the song Sara came from until I read it on this board last night. I have only read some ofr the posts and I already know more about them than what I learned in the last 10 years. ( I knew Glenn had a daughter Taylor and son Deacon but didnt know about Otis)

I dont know if I have a fav Eagle. All our great. I guess it would be a toss up between Don and Glenn. ( they still look great) I lean more toward teh songs Glenn sings as favorites.

I am enjoying the posts I have read.

God Bless :D

Freypower
05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome Share, it's great to have you here on The Border.

sodascouts
05-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome from me, too, Share! Glad you found us. I'm a huge Stevie fan too. I wanted to name my cat "Garbo" after her song off of Street Angel, but my cat turned out to be male. lol

timfan
05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Welcome Share :) . We are glad you've joined us "On the Border" 8)

DonFan
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Share, I greeted you on another thread, but just to make it official--welcome to The Border!

Mrs Frey
05-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Hi, my name is Share. I am from Southwest Missouri. (tornado alley) I am 41, and a CMT married with 4 grown Children.

I have always been an eagles fan. I remember listening to them in the 70's while growing up in Oklahoma. I dsictinctly remember when New Kid In Town came on the radio. I thought that was the greatest song I ever heard. ( My fav Eagle song now is Lyin Eyes)

I was reintroduced to them when Hell Freezes Over came out. I love all the 70s rock, 80s hard rock and the current country artist. ( Big and Rich, gretchen..etc..) I was a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I named my oldest daughter Sara after Stevies song. We thought about Rhiannon but settled on Sara. I had read about Stevies abortion in an Eagles biography but had no idea that is where the inspiration for the song Sara came from until I read it on this board last night. I have only read some ofr the posts and I already know more about them than what I learned in the last 10 years. ( I knew Glenn had a daughter Taylor and son Deacon but didnt know about Otis)

I dont know if I have a fav Eagle. All our great. I guess it would be a toss up between Don and Glenn. ( they still look great) I lean more toward teh songs Glenn sings as favorites.

Welcome to The Border, Share! :yay: :D It's wonderful to have you with us and I hope you enjoy sharing your love of the Eagles with us for a long time to come.

Have you ever seen the Eagles live? I was fortunate enough to see them for the first time on 20 March at the O2 Arena in London, and oh boy, I'm more in love with them than ever before.

As you can gather from my user name, Glenn :heart: is my sweetheart, but I love all the boys. My favourite Eagles songs also lean towards Glenn :heart: lead vocals, and "Lyin' Eyes" and "New Kid In Town" are also two of my big ones.

Glennsallnighter
05-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Welcome from me too Share! I live in Dublin in Ireland and as they 'bypassed' us in the Spring I too went to London to see the Eagles live with my 7 year old daughter. I met up with MF and GEF and had a great night. As you have probably guessed my favourite Eagle is also Glenn :heart: . His voice is like melting chocolate and every time I see him I just want to fall into his arms.
Needless to say I love all the Eagles songs but my favourites tend to lean to those where Glenn :heart: takes the lead vocals. :inlove:

I'm glad you find the board so informative and up to date. Soda does a great job on it!

Molly
05-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Welcome and enjoy, Share! Glad you're here!

rcknalwys
05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Let me add my own welcome to the board to you Share. Glad to have another Eagles fan. As I mentioned in another thread, my little one's name is Rhiannon, although not because of the song. I know you'll enjoy it here so jump right in and have a blast.

Brooke
05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Hi Share! Glad to have you here! We have a lot in common!

I'm also from the Show Me state only the NE area! My son went to college at MSU at Springfield, so I know the area down there somewhat.

I'm a big fan of FM, too, and I have a daughter with Rhiannon as a middle name as I explained in the Names thread!

Glenn and Don are my Most favorite Eagles, but have loved them all since the 70's.

This site has a wealth of info thanks to Soda and her helpers! :D

Share1967
05-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I have already learned a huge amount about the Eagles from this site. WOW!! Amazing. :D

I spent the whole evening last night just reading old posts....

I havent had the pleasure of seeing them live. several years ago I had some bootleg vidoes of concerts, but due to overuse they have bit the dust. From the Melbourne DVD, they look and sound it great form. They also look like they are having fun again with each other.

Does anyone know any info about the TV show Glenn had for a very short time. I think I saw an episode years ago on VHI or something, it is so vague I am not sure if it is real or my imagination.

I am just loving this site. Thanks again!!! :D :P

Freypower
05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's some information about South Of Sunset for you:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/moviestv/southofsunset.htm

And here is the topic about it:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219 (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219)

Mrs Frey
05-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know any info about the TV show Glenn had for a very short time. I think I saw an episode years ago on VHI or something, it is so vague I am not sure if it is real or my imagination.

It's funny you ask about this show, Share. I've become quite obsessive :blush: about it over the last few weeks, and have enjoyed Soda's video clips on the site immensely. I posted some screencaps (also courtesy of Soda) in the Frey Fever thread recently too, just to satisfy my obsession. I think Glenn :heart: is absolutely gorgeous in the show, and his acting is impressive, as well as his flair for comedy.

05-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Sorry this is a little late, but welcome from me as well, Share. We are very glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. There is lots of great information about the band both here and on all of the online sites (see the links at the top of the board). I laughed when you said you had spent hours looking through all of the threads here. If you start going through the archives of info that Soda has on the online sites, you may be spending weeks or months on them like many of the rest of us. And OBTW - the South of Sunset link that Freypower posted for you is a great place to start. Enjoy yourself!! :D :D

Share1967
05-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the link and info.

glenneaglesfan
05-15-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm a little late here too, but welcome from me as well, Share. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. There's a lot of information here about our favourite guys.

I'm across the Pond in England, and I joined Glennsallnighter (GA) and Mrs Frey (MF) to see the boys in London. It's a truly international board here!

TimothyBFan
05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi! My name is Willett (everyone calls me Willie) and since I have been lurking for many months now I thought I would finally join in. I have been a long long time Eagles fan (around 1974 or 1975-I was about 12). Love each and every member, as a team or solo, but as you can probably tell by my username, I am a bit partial to one in particular!

I am married to a wonderful husband (it will be 20 years this October) and have a son who will be 18 in a couple of months and a daughter who is 15. My husband enjoys the Eagles also (I think it is more like tolerates anymore because he has had to deal with them for so many years) and my daughter is a big fan also.

I just have to compliment everyone here on the great post regarding the band, performance updates and most especially the pictures (especially the ones in the Timothy thread). Thanks for those!!

I hope to be able to join in and talk to some fellow fans about the best band for decades!

05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Welcome Willie - We are glad you decided to join us here on The Border. We have a good time here talking about our favorite band, and are always glad to welcome others who want to join in. Hope you find time for many more posts! And OBTW - I enjoy all those lovely pictures, too. :wink: :D

DonFan
05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Welcome, Willie!

We are very similar--my hubby & I will be married 21 years this month, and we also have two children--daughters--a 19-yr-old and a 16-yr old. Hubby took me to my first two Eagles concerts but as my interest accelerated, he began to "tolerate" them as well. Now, I go to Eagles concerts with friends, and everyone is happy! Our oldest daughter is a huge Eagles fan and she & I are travelling to Myrtle Beach together in two weeks to see the Eagles on the opening night of the Hard Rock Park. I am SO looking forward to taking her to her first Eagles concert!

Anyway, welcome again! We are glad you are here!

sodascouts
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Willie! I live in Indiana too - West Lafayette. Great to have you!

TimothyBFan
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome, Willie! I live in Indiana too - West Lafayette. Great to have you!

I see you are a graduate student-Purdue maybe? I was born and live only about 25 minutes from Notre Dame so I have been a lifetime Irish fan!

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. It will be great to talk to others about the band-I'm sure my family & friends will be happy I have someone else to talk to about them also because I think they get tired of it.

timfan
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Welcome Willie. I'm glad you've joined us!

I know what you mean about family and friends getting tired of hearing about The Eagles.. I know mine are!! :D

sodascouts
05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes, I go to Purdue. I presented at a conference at Notre Dame one time - beautiful campus.

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
I have been a lifetime Irish fan!

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. It will be great to talk to others about the band-I'm sure my family & friends will be happy I have someone else to talk to about them also because I think they get tired of it.

Welcome Willie in that case from Dublin......IRELAND! I too have been an Eagles fan for years and even more so since I saw them play live in Dublin nearly 2 years ago.

I'm married nearly 11 years now and also have a daughter and a son although at 7 and 4 respectively they are younger than yours. My hubby also 'tolerates' the Eagles while my daughter loves them. Her favourite is also Timothy B. My favourite as you've probably guessed from my userID is Glenn :heart:

I'm glad you fornd us and its great to be able to chat to like minded individuals, without fear of boring them. Hope you enjoy posting here.

glenneaglesfan
05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the Border, Willie! I'm glad you have made it here. I've just yesterday celebrated 23 years with my hubby, and my younger son will be 18 in six days time. I live in England, and saw the Eagles at the O2 in March this year, at their first concert of the current tour. Through this board I met three other fans there - GA and her little girl Timtot (who shares a liking for Mr Schmit!), and Mrs Frey, MF, who travelled all the way from Capetown to see our favorite guys. This is a wonderful place, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun here.

Brooke
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome from me, too, TBF! Glad to have you aboard!

It is nice to have a place where we can discuss our favorite band without rolling eyes looking back at us! My husband is also a fan, but just doesn't see the finer qualities of the guys that I do! :wink: I love them all, but Glenn and Don are my faves. It's been nearly 4 years since I've seen the band live and can't wait for them to schedule a show somewhere near me in the midwest! I've been living vicariously through all the lucky ones here for way too long now! :pray:

Freypower
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
A big 'down unda' welcome to you from Sydney, Australia, Willie. 8)

Mrs Frey
05-20-2008, 02:38 AM
I already welcomed you in the "Schmit Sexiness" thread, but there's no harm in doing it again! :D Welcome to The Border, Willie! :yay: So glad you have joined us.

As GEF has already mentioned, I joined her and GA to see the Eagles at the O2 Arena on 20 March. It was an enormously big deal for me, since I'd never travelled overseas before, and it was a long way to travel too (13 hours to London and 11 hours back), since I was only able to stay in London for three days. It was, however, the most magnificent night of my life. I've been a fan for four years (I'm a '76 baby), and became fanatical on 11 February 2007, when I saw "Hell Freezes Over" for the first time, and fell head-over-heels in love with Glenn :heart:. I discovered GFO the next day, and the rest, as they say... :D

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the Border, Willie! I'm glad you have made it here. I've just yesterday celebrated 23 years with my hubby, and my younger son will be 18 in six days time. I live in England, and saw the Eagles at the O2 in March this year, at their first concert of the current tour. Through this board I met three other fans there - GA and her little girl Timtot (who shares a liking for Mr Schmit!), and Mrs Frey, MF, who travelled all the way from Capetown to see our favorite guys. This is a wonderful place, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun here.

Oh Congratulations on that anniversary GEF! Hope you both had a great time celebrating. Here's to many more! :cheers:

Mrs Frey
05-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Congratulations from me too, GEF!

TimothyBFan
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me! It is really great to see so many here about the same age as I am with similar marriages and children (the biggest parts of my life). I feel I am sometimes to old to be acting like a teenager about her favorite band but since I have loved these guys since before I was a teenager, I guess they aren't just my "flavor of the day."
Believe it or not, I have never seen them in concert. :weep: They either have not been around this area or when they have come anywhere close, there would be something else standing in the way. My cousin had tickets in the mid 70's but my parents wouldn't let me go because I was to young to go to a concert (yet 6 months later let me go to an Aerosmith/AC DC concert-if only they knew that mistake). I had tickets in 03 but found out 3 days before we were to go that my father had terminal cancer-needless to say, didn't feel much like a celebration at that point, so I gave the tickets to my niece and her husband, who had a great time. I must say that last year, the last few months of my fathers life, their music really helped me thru it as corny as that may sound. It was somewhat of an escape from reality when I put an Eagles cd on, if even for just a little while. My husband figures that someone knows my heart wouldn't take seeing them live and therefore, keeps putting things in the way of me getting the chance. Someday, I might defy fate and actually see them and if the old heart can't take it, at least I will die with a big old smile on my face :P

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Its not corny at all Willie, if the boys only knew how many people their music has helped during times of trouble I'm sure they would be amazed. I really hope you get to see them in the flesh soon as its an experience not to be missed. And your heart WILL be on overtime in more ways than one I'd say!

Brooke
05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Very NOT corny, Willie. The Eagles music is timeless and has many heartfelt lyrics that can sooth the soul. Most of it anyway.

That's too funny about your parents letting you go see Aerosmith and AC/DC, but turning down the Eagles! What they didn't know! :shock:

Mrs Frey
05-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me! It is really great to see so many here about the same age as I am with similar marriages and children (the biggest parts of my life). I feel I am sometimes to old to be acting like a teenager about her favorite band but since I have loved these guys since before I was a teenager, I guess they aren't just my "flavor of the day."
Believe it or not, I have never seen them in concert. :weep: They either have not been around this area or when they have come anywhere close, there would be something else standing in the way. My cousin had tickets in the mid 70's but my parents wouldn't let me go because I was to young to go to a concert (yet 6 months later let me go to an Aerosmith/AC DC concert-if only they knew that mistake). I had tickets in 03 but found out 3 days before we were to go that my father had terminal cancer-needless to say, didn't feel much like a celebration at that point, so I gave the tickets to my niece and her husband, who had a great time. I must say that last year, the last few months of my fathers life, their music really helped me thru it as corny as that may sound. It was somewhat of an escape from reality when I put an Eagles cd on, if even for just a little while. My husband figures that someone knows my heart wouldn't take seeing them live and therefore, keeps putting things in the way of me getting the chance. Someday, I might defy fate and actually see them and if the old heart can't take it, at least I will die with a big old smile on my face :P

Oh my gosh, TBF - I really felt for you reading this. I'm so sorry that you lost your father, and especially that you lost him to cancer. I lost my mother just over two years ago now, also to cancer. Becoming a huge Eagles fan last year has certainly helped me to overcome some of the worst of my pain, although the pain is still there everyday. Their music helps to soothe the pain and hurt, and being a fan has brought me some wonderful new friends here on The Border, for which I will be eternally grateful. Had it not been for the Eagles, I would never have even considered going overseas, let alone going overseas to see my favourite band. Glenn's :heart: little acknowledgement of me at the end of the concert made it all so worthwhile - I will love him forever just for that.

My friends and colleagues teased me that my heart wouldn't take it either (even though I'm only 31 :lol:), but I survived! I really hope your dream will come true soon! Perhaps now is the time!

TimothyBFan
05-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh my gosh, TBF - I really felt for you reading this. I'm so sorry that you lost your father, and especially that you lost him to cancer. I lost my mother just over two years ago now, also to cancer. Becoming a huge Eagles fan last year has certainly helped me to overcome some of the worst of my pain, although the pain is still there everyday. Their music helps to soothe the pain and hurt, and being a fan has brought me some wonderful new friends here on The Border, for which I will be eternally grateful. Had it not been for the Eagles, I would never have even considered going overseas, let alone going overseas to see my favourite band. Glenn's :heart: little acknowledgement of me at the end of the concert made it all so worthwhile - I will love him forever just for that. :lol:)

Thank you--it is hard as you know--we are a very close family and seeing my mom go thru not only a very long illness but the loneliness after 50 years together makes it even harder. She lives over 45 minutes away so needless to say, a lot of Eagles music makes that trip (every day for awhile) that much more bearable.

Anyways, since I'm new hear I haven't seen everything on here so maybe I missed the story, but fill me in on the acknowledgement from Glenn! How cool is that?!?!? I don't think I would ever have the guts to go overseas like you did! Good for you!!

Mrs Frey
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh my gosh, TBF - I really felt for you reading this. I'm so sorry that you lost your father, and especially that you lost him to cancer. I lost my mother just over two years ago now, also to cancer. Becoming a huge Eagles fan last year has certainly helped me to overcome some of the worst of my pain, although the pain is still there everyday. Their music helps to soothe the pain and hurt, and being a fan has brought me some wonderful new friends here on The Border, for which I will be eternally grateful. Had it not been for the Eagles, I would never have even considered going overseas, let alone going overseas to see my favourite band. Glenn's :heart: little acknowledgement of me at the end of the concert made it all so worthwhile - I will love him forever just for that. :lol:)

Thank you--it is hard as you know--we are a very close family and seeing my mom go thru not only a very long illness but the loneliness after 50 years together makes it even harder. She lives over 45 minutes away so needless to say, a lot of Eagles music makes that trip (every day for awhile) that much more bearable.

Anyways, since I'm new hear I haven't seen everything on here so maybe I missed the story, but fill me in on the acknowledgement from Glenn! How cool is that?!?!? I don't think I would ever have the guts to go overseas like you did! Good for you!!

Thanks, TBF! Believe me, I was terrified about making the trip - if I didn't have GA and GEF to meet there, I doubt I would have gone through with it. The preparations were extremely stressful - I didn't even have a passport yet - but thank the Lord that everything worked out in the end.

Instead of filling you in just on the acknowledgement I got from Glenn :heart: here, I'm going to direct you to the "Concert Reviews" forum, and the thread entitled "The Eagles at the 02 Arena, London, 20 March 2008". There you will find my entire experience. It's a LONG read, but hopefully you will enjoy it! :wink: Thanks for the interest! :D

I'm so sorry for your mother's loneliness - I completely understand how she feels. I'm sure she really appreciates the effort you make to see her every day. You're a wonderful daughter.

DonFan
05-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I feel I am sometimes to old to be acting like a teenager about her favorite band but since I have loved these guys since before I was a teenager, I guess they aren't just my "flavor of the day."

One of the best parts about being an Eagles fan is that it is perfectly okay to act like a teenager again when you see them. It is great fun to go to a concert and whoop & hollar like a kid, surrounded by people who feel the same way you do. You HAVE to go to one of their concerts--you will LOVE it!

I had tickets in 03 but found out 3 days before we were to go that my father had terminal cancer-needless to say, didn't feel much like a celebration at that point, so I gave the tickets to my niece and her husband, who had a great time. I must say that last year, the last few months of my fathers life, their music really helped me thru it as corny as that may sound. It was somewhat of an escape from reality when I put an Eagles cd on, if even for just a little while.

Our similarities continue, Willie. The regular posters here are well-aquainted with my story about how Eagles/Don music helped me get through a similiar situation when my father was also diagnosed with terminal cancer in 04. I actually went to my first Don solo concert with my sister in Atlanta the month before our father died. (To this day she has a little bit of trouble listening to New York Minute, one of the songs Don played that night, because of the line--"You better take a fool's advice and take care of your own--One day they're here, next day they're gone.") Anyway, Eagles/Don music became my escape mechanism as well. I am eternally grateful for that music, and for the support of many wonderful friends, both in my real neighborhood and my cyberspace neighborhood. And meeting up with buddies from The Border at Eagles concerts over the last few years has been the icing on the cake!

Mrs Frey
05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
DF, I feel for you too, girl - you know that :hug:. Thanks for sharing more of your story with us. Life can be cruel sometimes - you have the experience of a lifetime, and then your world is turned upside down, and you wonder how you're ever going to carry on as before.

samo
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
DF--I can truly relate to you and what you have been through. Growing up I was not exposed to the popular music of the 70's. I knew who the Eagles were and Don Henley & Glenn Frey because of their solo careers in the 80's.

My mother passed away unexpectedly in 1999 and 2 weeks after her death my dad had surgery to remove his left lung due to lung cancer. The cancer came back in 2002 and dad passed away August, 2004. Eventhough I am married to a wonderful man and have a great 20 yr. old son, I felt very alone. I don't have any brothers or sisters.

I have always loved music and even played the cello in school. I turned back to music and found that I really still enjoyed it. I did not get "Eaglesmania" until I watched the CMT awards in November. I remember asking my husband if he was going to watch the awards with me and telling him that the Eagles were going to perform. He loves all of the music from the 70's. His dad was in a band so he was really exposed to a variety of music. At that point I really did not know much of anything about the band, except they had alot of great songs from the 70's era. I was blown away by "How Long" (not to mention the guys themselves :wink: )

Well as the saying goes "that's all it took". :D

05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Gosh it is touching reading about how Eagles music has touched each of our lives. As I was reading some of this thread, it reminded me of another thread that many of us posted in a while back talking about how our Eagles fandom began. It's a long read, but I think it was a really fun thread. Maybe some of you newbies would like to revive the thread with some of your own posts. Here is the link for those of you who would like to check it out:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311

Mrs Frey
05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for that link, Dreamer.

Samo, I really feel for you. I, too, am an only child, which is one of the reasons why it was so devastating to lose my mother. I'm so sorry that you had to lose your parents the way you did :hug:. I'm so sad that so many of us have watch our loved ones suffer through the ravages of cancer.

DonFan
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm so sad that so many of us have watch our loved ones suffer through the ravages of cancer.

My heart goes out to everyone here who has lost a loved one, to cancer or to another disease. I know death is a part of life but that doesn't make it any easier to face. Thank God for friends and family who love us and help us through the tough times! :grouphug:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi I'm Sabrina I'm 17 and Live in Parkersburg, WV I'm a senior in High school. I'm going to college to be a history professor. I play guitar and drums. I love music classic rock. I've been an Eagles fan since i was 5 but they've been my favorite band since I was 10. My favorite is Don Henley. I haven't made it to see them yet but hopefuly I will soon. I have evey Eagles Album on C.D. and vinyl. I read alot I love Walden it changed my life. I also like 1984 and A Time To Kill and just about all the classics. My Farwell 1 DVD goes with me everywhere. iPod = Life. Ialso listen to The Who, Queen, Steve Miller Band, and Bob Seger. According to my mom i was born in the wrong decade I should have been born in the 40's so i could have gone to Woodstock. I love hippies they amaze me. Um........i cant think of anything else but if you want to know just ask

DonFan
07-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Sabrina!
I love to welcome new Eagles fans, especially Don fans, to The Border.
My oldest daughter is 19 and very similar to you--I think I had her in the wrong decade as well, because she loves loves classic rock-- particularly The Eagles and Queen--too.

We're glad you are here!

sodascouts
07-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Hi Sabrina - welcome! I love your user name and avatar - that is my favorite photo of Don. You have very good taste in music!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-07-2008, 01:08 AM
thanks alot :D

Freypower
07-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Welcome to The Border from Down Under, Sabrina.

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi Sabrina! Welcome to the board from Dublin in Ireland. I too am a big Eagles fan although Glenn :heart: is my favourite and Timmy is my 7 year old daughter's favourite. I hope you realise your dream to become a history prof and also to see the Eagles live soon as well. I know what you mean about F1 going everywhere. Glenn :heart: 's 'Live in Dublin' is very much Live in Dublin on MY ipod!
Hope you have fun visiting and posting here!! :D

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Welcome to the board from the Netherlands Sabrina!!
Hope you will be soon an Eagles prof!
And Don should be proud to his fans!
Nice to meet you as an another Don fan!
Love your name by the way! :D

Enjoy!!! :D

TimothyBFan
07-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Welcome Sabrina-are you sure you're not my daughter? My 15 year old daughter tells everyone that she was dropped in the wrong decade because she is a "hippie child". Must say you have some very good taste in music. Good luck on all your future plans-looks like you have exactly what you want to do figured out and hope it all works out for you!

By the way -I really like your avatar-nice picture of him (even tho you can tell who I am very partial to)!

Mrs Frey
07-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi I'm Sabrina I'm 17 and Live in Parkersburg, WV I'm a senior in High school. I'm going to college to be a history professor. I play guitar and drums. I love music classic rock. I've been an Eagles fan since i was 5 but they've been my favorite band since I was 10. My favorite is Don Henley. I haven't made it to see them yet but hopefuly I will soon. I have evey Eagles Album on C.D. and vinyl. I read alot I love Walden it changed my life. I also like 1984 and A Time To Kill and just about all the classics. My Farwell 1 DVD goes with me everywhere. iPod = Life. Ialso listen to The Who, Queen, Steve Miller Band, and Bob Seger. According to my mom i was born in the wrong decade I should have been born in the 40's so i could have gone to Woodstock. I love hippies they amaze me. Um........i cant think of anything else but if you want to know just ask

Woo hoo hoo, Sabrina! Welcome, welcome, welcome! :yay: :D It's always wonderful to welcome new members to The Border, but I particularly enjoy seeing young fans like yourself join us.

I may sound like an aunty, but I'm actually only 31! I felt like you once - that I was born in the wrong decade. I've always loved "retro" music, getting into Elvis Presley as early as age 8, and The Beatles at age 12, and all the other great music that emerged around their greatness.

I became an Eagles fanatic in 2004 (I wish I'd discovered them earlier, but I seem to have worked through the decades!), and obsessive last year. :blush: My dream would be to see the Eagles in South Africa, after having flown after them :lol: in March to see them in London, and having met up with my good friends Glennsallnighter and glenneaglesfan. :D :D

I love your username - I was listening to "Boys Of Summer" just yesterday! I love Don Henley, but as you can see from my username, my favourite is Glenn :heart: Frey. They are all wonderful though, and make the Eagles as great as they are.

I see you are a musician - are you involved in bands? I play acoustic rhythm guitar and take lead vocals in a band.

Welcome once again, and I hope you have a great time here with us, in between your studies! Good luck with your plans towards becoming a history professor - how very impressive! :nod:

Brooke
07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Welcome to you, TGOS! We're very glad you found us.

I love Don, and also Glenn, and the others too, of course! :P That's a favorite pic of Don of mine, too.

Have fun!

07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
A big welcome from me as well, GOS. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. I also love AV and user name. Don should be proud. :D

rcknalwys
07-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the Board Sabrina. Great to have you here with the rest of us. I'm a hippie throwback myself LOL. Actually, I WAS a hippie! Hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do. It's always great to welcome a newbie.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Sabrina! Welcome to the board from Dublin in Ireland. I too am a big Eagles fan although Glenn :heart: is my favourite and Timmy is my 7 year old daughter's favourite. I hope you realise your dream to become a history prof and also to see the Eagles live soon as well. I know what you mean about F1 going everywhere. Glenn :heart: 's 'Live in Dublin' is very much Live in Dublin on MY ipod!
Hope you have fun visiting and posting here!! :D

F1 And HFO are both on mine

and i was in a band playing lead guitar however myself and one of my bandmate are no longer friends and with 3 AP classes (English, History, and Calculus 1) i just won't have time

thanks guy for the wonderful welcome

I'm working on a time machine so i can go to Woodstock and according to my mother "stalk a young Don Henley and try to marry him"

Mrs Henley
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm working on a time machine so i can go to Woodstock and according to my mother "stalk a young Don Henley and try to marry him"

Haha! I wish it could be possible!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Its going to happen and you can come with me if you want my friend's going after bob dylan we'll just have to share Don

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 02:07 AM
LOL, TGOS! You're going to have to take me back to the '80s - I want to attack Glenn :heart: in that era! :twisted: He was in his 30s then, so he'd be the right age for me. :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 02:10 AM
and i was in a band playing lead guitar however myself and one of my bandmate are no longer friends and with 3 AP classes (English, History, and Calculus 1) i just won't have time

Wow, TGOS - lead guitar! I wish I could play lead guitar, and sing at the same time, like Glenn :heart:. Sigh. :inlove:

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:47 AM

Its going to happen and you can come with me if you want my friend's going after bob dylan we'll just have to share Don

Thank you that's very sweet! That's gonna work, sharing Don, he's cute enough to share!

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:48 AM

Wow, TGOS - lead guitar! I wish I could play lead guitar, and sing at the same time, like Glenn :heart:. Sigh. :inlove:

Someday you will Mrs Frey! I know it!

I wish I could play drums and sing, only that's not really working out right now (I know actually what Don means with "it's hurting your back")

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Thank you that's very sweet! That's gonna work, sharing Don, he's cute enough to share!

yes he is :wink:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-08-2008, 03:56 PM

I wish I could play drums and sing, only that's not really working out right now (I know actually what Don means with "it's hurting your back")

It is really hard i've had to do it a few rimes and it does hurt your back and Mrs. Frey you will some day it just takes time to work out

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM

It is really hard i've had to do it a few rimes and it does hurt your back and Mrs. Frey you will some day it just takes time to work out

I also had that idea.

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM

yes he is :wink:

he totally is!

Scarlet Sun
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I am a musician who lives in a Chicago, IL. I've been a fan of the Eagles for more than two decades. In my circles, admitting to such fandom is basically an invitation for severe scorn and ridicule. I understand the various criticisms of the band and can't really argue with a lot of them, but the bottom line is I enjoy a whole lot of their songs as well as their sound, vibe, and look, and that's all that matters to me. I dig stuff from their whole catalog but it's the original quartet that i'm especially interested in. Glenn is the one I most indentify with and Bernie is my favorite in terms of musical stylistic impact. I've been to one Eagles show - January 18, 1995 at Acro Arena in Sacramento, CA. I paid $94 for it and was worth every penny. These days, i'd probably only pay that kind of money to see them if Randy and Bernie were onstage as part of the group - good chance of that happening, huh? :wink:

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Great :D Also a musician! :D

Be welcome here :D

The_Girl_Of_Summer
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes Welcome Scarlet Sun

Always Nice To Meet Another Musician

sodascouts
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I am a musician who lives in a Chicago, IL. I've been a fan of the Eagles for more than two decades. In my circles, admitting to such fandom is basically an invitation for severe scorn and ridicule. I understand the various criticisms of the band and can't really argue with a lot of them, but the bottom line is I enjoy a whole lot of their songs as well as their sound, vibe, and look, and that's all that matters to me. I dig stuff from their whole catalog but it's the original quartet that i'm especially interested in. Glenn is the one I most indentify with and Bernie is my favorite in terms of musical stylistic impact. I've been to one Eagles show - January 18, 1995 at Acro Arena in Sacramento, CA. I paid $94 for it and was worth every penny. These days, i'd probably only pay that kind of money to see them if Randy and Bernie were onstage as part of the group - good chance of that happening, huh? :wink:

Wow - I live reasonably close to Chicago (I'm in Indiana) and my first Eagles show was in Sacramento, too! Admittedly it was 10 years later in 2005 but still. Very cool!

But yeah, if you're holding out for the original quartet... well... that might be a long time coming. lol

glenneaglesfan
07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Welcocme to the Border, Scarlet Sun! I hope you find a lot of things of interest here and on Eagles Online Central.

samo
07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome Girl of Summer and Scarlet Sun!! The Boarder is a great place to be!!

Prettymaid
08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Hello. I found this site after getting tickets to Chicago on the 24th. I'm very excited about seeing the guys in concert for the first time. I will mostly be reading and learning probably instead of posting. Even though I am a long time fan I can already tell that I am nowhere close to being as informed as most of you. I've already learned a lot here. Thanks for having me!

TimothyBFan
08-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Welcom Prettymaid!!! Hopefully you will join in with us often. I've been a fan for over 30 years and am still learning new things here! My husband and I will also be at the show on the 24th in Chicago, and it will be our first time also (not for lack of trying-long story-you might see it when reading some of the post here). I believe there will be a few of us from the board at the Chicago shows.

08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Welcome, Prettymaid. We are glad you found us and that you are learning some stuff here. Please don't be shy about posting - we all had a lot to learn about the band at one time or another. At least, you have come to the right place. :wink: There is lots of info to go thru both here on The Border and on all of the associated online sites as well. Enjoy!

I love your user name and signature line. Why do I get the impression that you like Joe? :D If you think you like him now, just wait until after the Chicago show - you will be thrilled. Have a blast at your first Eagles concert and let us know how it goes.

glenneaglesfan
08-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the Border, Prettymaid, it's great to have you here! I love your username - it's one of my favourite Eagles songs. Congratulations on getting tickets for your first ever concert - you will love it, and as dreamer says, wait until you see Joe live - he rocks!!!

Brooke
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Welcome from me, too, Prettymaid! Love your name! Glad to have ya! Just jump right in! :D

Prettymaid
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks TBF, dreamer, GF and Brooke. I did get to see Joe last summer at the IL state fair, but we were in the nosebleed section, not very "up close and personal" if you know what I mean. This time we'll be on the floor row 20 Joe side.

DonFan
08-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Welcome from me too, Prettymaid! I was lucky enough to meet Joe in Atlanta in May, and he was very nice and friendly. Have a wonderful time at the show, and come back here and tell us all about it!

Freypower
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Welcome to The Border Prettymaid, and I also like your name & signature.

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
And a Warm Big Welcome from me also Prettymaid!
Hope you have a great time here! :D

Prettymaid
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks DF, FP and Mrs. H.

Mrs Henley
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I Love you ava! :D

siny
08-02-2008, 01:39 AM
I've been posting for a while, so I should probably introduce myself. I am Inna - 49, female, live in New York City. Married, with 2 kids - 17 yrs. old and 22 yrs. old. Computer programmer by profession.

I always liked Eagles music, but had never seen them live until last May. I heard an ad on the radio, thought "Why not ?", bought 2 tickets for me and my daughter and became totally hooked ! So much hooked that I dragged my whole family to the Atlantic City show to see them again. My husband of course liked them, but so did my children, even my 17-yr-old son who is into indie music and despises anything "mainstream" :roll: . So if they ever come this way again, we'll all be there !

By the way, I had no idea that they had a new album out and had never heard their new songs until the concert. I liked them so much, that now I prefer their new stuff to their oldies. I don't know much about the history of the band or their old members or anything like that, but I am reading this board and learning everything I've missed in the last 30 yrs.

I only hope they'll continue to tour for a long time, because I want to see them in concert again !

The_Girl_Of_Summer
08-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Welcome siny

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Welcome Siny! I'm glad your whole family likes the Eagles so much and that you are finding out so much about them here. Have you a favourite or do you just like them all?
Myself and my 7 year old daughter love them, to bits here!
I hope you get to loads more gigs too. I'm hoping they'll come this side of the pond again soon.

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Welcome from me too Pretty Maid. I too love the name and av! I hope you get into the swing of posting as well! The more the merrier!

siny
08-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome Siny! I'm glad your whole family likes the Eagles so much and that you are finding out so much about them here. Have you a favourite or do you just like them all?
Myself and my 7 year old daughter love them, to bits here!
I hope you get to loads more gigs too. I'm hoping they'll come this side of the pond again soon.

I just like them as a band. And..... I would not turn any of them down :wink:

Mrs Henley
08-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I've been posting for a while, so I should probably introduce myself. I am Inna - 49, female, live in New York City. Married, with 2 kids - 17 yrs. old and 22 yrs. old. Computer programmer by profession.

I always liked Eagles music, but had never seen them live until last May. I heard an ad on the radio, thought "Why not ?", bought 2 tickets for me and my daughter and became totally hooked ! So much hooked that I dragged my whole family to the Atlantic City show to see them again. My husband of course liked them, but so did my children, even my 17-yr-old son who is into indie music and despises anything "mainstream" :roll: . So if they ever come this way again, we'll all be there !

By the way, I had no idea that they had a new album out and had never heard their new songs until the concert. I liked them so much, that now I prefer their new stuff to their oldies. I don't know much about the history of the band or their old members or anything like that, but I am reading this board and learning everything I've missed in the last 30 yrs.

I only hope they'll continue to tour for a long time, because I want to see them in concert again !

Welcome at The Border! :D

08-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome from me as well, siny. Hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border and, again, glad to hear that you are learning some stuff. I joined for the same reason - the board is a great place to learn more about our favorite band by discussing them with other fans. I have young nieces from age 11 - 18 that love the band as well. As I've often said, this band's great music is timeless. And I also agree that LROOE stands up very well against their earlier music.

glenneaglesfan
08-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Welcome from me too, Siny! I am married with two sons as well, 18 and 20. I have loved the Eagles since the 70's, but only recently rediscovered them and am now completely hooked! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first live concert, and I've also loved the videos you've posted up on YouTube - thanks! :D

siny
08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
and I've also loved the videos you've posted up on YouTube - thanks!

You're welcome. I am sorry that I could not get all of them - especially "Waiting in the Weeds" - I hope to film it at their next concert.

Thank you all for your welcome. I like it here already :D

Mrs Henley
08-03-2008, 05:38 AM
and I've also loved the videos you've posted up on YouTube - thanks!

You're welcome. I am sorry that I could not get all of them - especially "Waiting in the Weeds" - I hope to film it at their next concert.

Thank you all for your welcome. I like it here already :D

Yeah! :D

TimothyBFan
08-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Welcome Siny--you have come to the right place. We have old fans and new fans here and a wealth of info. I am a 34+ year fan myself but will be seeing them for the first time in September in Chicago. I am also a mother of 2, an 18 year old son and 15 year old daughter. My daughter loves them also. They are the kind of band that generations and generations love.

sodascouts
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I welcomed you in another thread, Prettymaid, but I'll do so again here. I'm going to a Chicago show too! Did you know Joe does a free meet'n'greet for fanclub members? You MUST do it! I plan to - my first time meeting Joe. So excited!

sodascouts
08-07-2008, 10:43 PM

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself, Inna (lovely name). It's great that you rediscovered the band and love their new stuff so much. Isn't it amazing that the guys can still put out such high quality material after all these years?

Prettymaid
08-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I welcomed you in another thread, Prettymaid, but I'll do so again here. I'm going to a Chicago show too! Did you know Joe does a free meet'n'greet for fanclub members? You MUST do it! I plan to - my first time meeting Joe. So excited!

Thanks Soda, but alas, I'm going on the 24th and the M&G is on the 25th.

TimothyBFan
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM

Thanks Soda, but alas, I'm going on the 24th and the M&G is on the 25th.

I feel your pain!!! :weep:

chaleymom
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey - guess I introduced myself on a new thread (oops!) instead of this one. For anyone interested, I am brand new as of - oh, an hour ago? Just happened to find this site and was happy to see SOOO many fans!

I have tickets to the Cincinnati show on Tuesday and can hardly focus on anything else! I saw them in L.A. last October at the new Nokia Theater. It was an awesome experience! Was excited to see they were coming so close to my home in Dayton, Ohio this year!

I'm a not-so-young fan... but I guess you're only as old as you feel right? At least I'm still younger than the youngest member of the band! Ha! Looking forward to seeing the boys up close and personal next week. Can't say I have a favorite.... they are all unique in their own way. I love them all! Hope to hear from some other fans out there!

Gnite!

Littlemelly9
11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi- My Name Is Melissa I'm not Really new but Here is Some stuff about me I Go to Bandy's High School, NC, were my best buds are I'm a H-U-G-E
Eagles Fan I just Recently moved To the other side of my small town
and I have a very sweet God Son.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40&stc=1&d=1226761218 Me

Brooke
11-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Welcome chaleymom! Glad you found us! This is a great place for all Eagles lovers!

Lm, what a pretty girl you are!

LWKUA
02-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi,
My name is Lynn. I'm in my mid 30's and music has always been a very important part of my life. Besides listening to it as much as practical :grooving:(given the 'distractions' of other activities <g>) and playing guitar :guitar:(I enjoy strumming and picking along with everything from Eagles to Steve Vai to classical music) I also love to draw and paint, journal, spend time in nature, and am always looking for some sort of crafting project to attempt. I enjoy most genres of music but especially classic rock (50s - 80s), country (including some of the modern 'pop-country'), and instrumental guitar.

I've been with the same wonderful guy for 19 years (who thankfully is very tolerant of my "Timothy obsession" or so he has termed it <g>).

Have always loved the Eagles' music (both the band's and also the individual members' solo works) but became a more avid listener (and an attendee as an audience member at their shows -- I first saw them live in 2002 at Milwaukee's Summerfest) within the past 10 years. (This was also when I discovered that Timothy's voice was the same one that I'd loved for years, i.e. that 'magical element' which makes the song extra special to me. :))

I already know a few people here :wave:and am looking forward to meeting others with whom I share a love of this fantastically fabulous :thumbsup: band and its 4 very wonderfully talented members.

Brooke
02-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to The Border LWKUA. Glad you found us. You will find this a very friendly group of Eagles lovers.

My favorite is Glenn with Don coming in a very, very close second. Sometimes, it's just hard to decide! KWIM? I love Tim and Joe too and have been a fan since their beginning back in the '70's.

So, join in and post on!

Stars
02-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome from me, too, LWKUA! I think you will just love it here-everyone is so friendly, and we all share a love for a most wonderful band!:)
Like Brooke, I am a great Glenn fan, with Don coming in a close second. I have been a fan of the Eagles music since the early 70's, but only recently got into the band in a BIG way. And my hubby, like yours, is very tolerant of my Eagles obsession. He even went with me to see them in DC, back in November!:hug:

LWKUA
02-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Brooke - Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

& yes, I do know what you mean! Besides considering Timothy as my always-fave , I too think that Glenn, Don, and Joe (or is it Don, Glenn, and Joe...) share the common quality of having so much to offer and are each very special in their own ways.

LWKUA
02-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you so much, Stars!! I am happy to finally have decided to do more than just read posts, as this does seem like a very friendly, positive, and fun place to be!

I'm glad that your hubby is tolerant of your fandom also! :D These guys...or rather these :angel:-men of ours... (The hubbies I mean --teehee -- mine is a big Joe fan, but has decided that seeing him live twice was enough...!?!:headscratch: :razz:)

TimothyBFan
02-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome LWKUA---From another HUGE Timothy fan!!! I have been a fan since the beginning and remember very well the day I opened up the gatefold to The Long Run and saw the new bass player's picture. :inlove: I also have a very understanding husband of over 20 years now, that not only understands the obsession but actually "contributes" to it!! Poor guy! :hilarious:

I think you will really enjoy it here and hope you chime in often--we can always use another Tim fan to help balance it out! :thumbsup:

Mrs Henley
02-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Welcome LWKUA! Hope you have a great time here!

Freypower
02-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Welcome, LWKUA - you have come to the right place. I think you can tell who my favourite Eagle is.:thumbsup:

Troubadour
02-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi LWKUA, and welcome! As others have said, I'm sure you will love it here. I only joined a few months ago and I feel like I have been here forever (in a good way!) Have fun, and post often!

I'm Louise, I'm from England and, although all the guys are wonderful, I'm a Don girl through and through! I'm going to see the Eagles live for the first time this July, so I'm counting the weeks :yay:

timfan
02-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the Border LWKUA. I'm glad you've found us and hope you enjoy it here. Of course as a Tim fan I'm always pleased to have someone else to share some Timmy-time with :partytime:

Fan_For_Life
02-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi! I already posted in a couple threads. Thought I'd better click in here too. My name is Vicky. I live in Jacksonville, FL. I have 4 bands I consider to be equally favorites. The Eagles have and always will be one of them. Has been a favorite the longest. Six years old was when God led me to discover the grace of music. Don't know why In The City struck me the most out of all the songs on The Long Run. But it did and it's stuck with me for 29 yrs. I really don't have a favorite member.... Ok I do but won't go any further with that. I'll just say there are many flavors and they all look and more importantly sound yummy.:thumbsup: I've been a concert hound since seeing Aerosmith at the age of 15. Being able to see(from a stage side basically eagles eye view even) the Eagles perform 1/28/09, truely a long awaited treat. :soda:

sodascouts
02-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Welcome, Lynn and Vicky! Glad to have you both here! I love all the guys; Glenn is my fave, but they all rock. They are greater together than apart, IMHO. Long live the Eagles!

Koala
02-15-2009, 03:35 AM
Welcome, LWKUA and Vicky!
I hope you both have here a nice time.
My fave is Glenn, but I like the others too!:)

ticky
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey LWKUA and Vicky,
Welcome to The Border. The absolute best place on the net to be if you're an Eagles fan. (And really.. who isnt? well uninformed people and people who's taste is all in their mouths.. there's no accounting for some..)
Im a Joe girl~ always have been, always will be *G* but I do appreciate the HS&G-ness of all our boys. SOMEday I hope to actualy SEE them (well on this tour.. I did see them on the F1 tour way back when)
Anyway, welcome and I look forward to seeing what you have to say!! :)

LWKUA
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Thank you also very much TimothyBFan, Mrs. Henley, Freypower, Troubadour, timfan, sodascouts, Koala, and ticky, for making this newcomer start to feel right at home!!

I am very happy to have found you guys and this most awesome hangout site! :yay:

EagleLady
02-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Welcome from Me too Lynn

DonFan
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome from me too, LWKUA and Vicky! This is a great place for anyone who loves the Eagles. We're glad you are both here!

GlennLover
02-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome to you both. I know that you will enjoy the Border!

Glennhoney
02-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome Vicky and Lwkua..........The border is a great place to hang out..

Prettymaid
02-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Lynn and Vicki and welcome! I had the pleasure of seeing our boys in Chicago last Sept., and am planning to see them again next month in Indy. Besides being a great site to learn about the band and look at great photos, I have learned here the invaluable lesson of patience when shopping for concert tickets. We'll see if it pays off in Indy!

LWKUA
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks EagleLady, DonFan, GlennLover, Glennhoney, and Prettymaid!!

Prettymaid - Yes, I agree, I too am glad this forum exists, as this is a very interesting and comprehensive site with so much being discussed and so many great resources. (Plus it's so nice to be among kindred spirits.)

I was at the Chicago shows last September too. I thought they were both really great, very high energy shows. On both nights there was such great feedback between the crowd and band; the crowd seemed so into the performance, and the band seemed to really be 'feeding' on all of the great energy being shared. Those were two of the best I've ever seen.

& you know, it's funny, I'm normally a very calm and patient person but I have never yet been able to be very patient when it comes to getting tickets. I'm always telling myself to try to wait (as I have seen great seats be released right before a show many many times) however I've never yet been able to be that patient unfortunately.

I'm planning on definitely going to the Chicago (Hoffman Estates) and KC shows next month and maybe also to the Indy or Detroit show.

Good luck with getting a great seat for Indy!!!

sodascouts
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I was at both those Chicago shows too, and I'm planning on going to Indy as well. Tri-State Residents Unite! lol Should be quite a party! ;)

Prettymaid
02-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I was at the Chicago shows last September too. I thought they were both really great, very high energy shows. On both nights there was such great feedback between the crowd and band; the crowd seemed so into the performance, and the band seemed to really be 'feeding' on all of the great energy being shared. Those were two of the best I've ever seen.

Yes, and as you might have read on here in the concert review threads, they had stopped doing two encores in shows leading up to Chicago. But they did do two at the Chicago shows. Perhaps the great feedback from the crowd helped make that decision. ( I'd like to think so!)

TimothyBFan
02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
:partytime::partytime::partytime: Border Party in Indy!!!! Yippee!!! I just hope we don't all wait till the last minute for tickets and want the same section. I'm pretty sure I know what side Lynn and I will be going for! :thumbsup:

02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Welcome from me as well, Lynn and Vicky. We are very glad that the two of you found us, and hope you love it here on The Border as much as we do.

And sounds like it's shaping up to be quite some Border party in Indy. Wish I could be there with all of you. I'm already starting to go thru PEW again. :pace:

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Welcome from me too Lynn and Vicky! I hope you have a great time posting and at whatever gigs you manage to get to. No prizes for guessing who my favourite is! I'm hoping to see them in Dublin and Galway later in the summer!

Mrs Frey
02-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi,
My name is Lynn. I'm in my mid 30's and music has always been a very important part of my life. Besides listening to it as much as practical :grooving:(given the 'distractions' of other activities <g>) and playing guitar :guitar:(I enjoy strumming and picking along with everything from Eagles to Steve Vai to classical music) I also love to draw and paint, journal, spend time in nature, and am always looking for some sort of crafting project to attempt. I enjoy most genres of music but especially classic rock (50s - 80s), country (including some of the modern 'pop-country'), and instrumental guitar.

I've been with the same wonderful guy for 19 years (who thankfully is very tolerant of my "Timothy obsession" or so he has termed it <g>). We have no children yet (maybe someday...). I am currently employed as a Benefits Administrator for an HR department in Chicago. I have a MS degree in Environmental Science and have been considering relocation to a place with warmer winters and a greater # of protected natural areas and associated job options.

Have always loved the Eagles' music (both the band's and also the individual members' solo works) but became a more avid listener (and an attendee as an audience member at their shows -- I first saw them live in 2002 at Milwaukee's Summerfest) within the past 10 years. (This was also when I discovered that Timothy's voice was the same one that I'd loved for years, i.e. that 'magical element' which makes the song extra special to me. :))

I already know a few people here :wave:and am looking forward to meeting others with whom I share a love of this fantastically fabulous :thumbsup: band and its 4 very wonderfully talented members.

Hello, Lynn, and welcome to The Border from me too! :yay: :yay: :yay: Thank you for your most interesting introduction.

Well, it's obvious who my favourite Eagle is, but I admire all four of them very much. The band wouldn't be what and who they are without contributions from one or more of them.

Like you, I am a guitarist, but strictly rhythm though. I am also the lead singer, as well as rhythm guitarist in a band. Included in our repertoire is "Hotel California", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Tequila Sunrise" - and I get to sing lead on all of them. :grin: Our band plays covers from the mid '50s through to present day. My other all-time favourite artists are Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

I've only managed to see the Eagles once - I flew to London to see the opening night of their LROOE tour on 20 March last year. What an amazing experience. How I wish they will visit South Africa, but it doesn't appear as though that will ever happen.:cry:

I hope you have a super time on The Border with us. I don't have nearly as much time as I used to to post here, but I do try.

Mrs Frey
02-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi! I already posted in a couple threads. Thought I'd better click in here too. My name is Vicky. I live in Jacksonville, FL. I have 4 bands I consider to be equally favorites. The Eagles have and always will be one of them. Has been a favorite the longest. Six years old was when God led me to discover the grace of music. Don't know why In The City struck me the most out of all the songs on The Long Run. But it did and it's stuck with me for 29 yrs. I really don't have a favorite member.... Ok I do but won't go any further with that. I'll just say there are many flavors and they all look and more importantly sound yummy.:thumbsup: I've been a concert hound since seeing Aerosmith at the age of 15. Being able to see(from a stage side basically eagles eye view even) the Eagles perform 1/28/09, truely a long awaited treat. :soda:

Welcome to The Border, Vicky! It's great to have you here!

"In The City" is a great song - it's no wonder that it's one of your favourites! I wish I could say that I am a concert hound, but I've only managed to get to two big concerts in my life.

I agree with you about the many flavours in the band - I think that is one of the things that make the Eagles so great. Versatility is so important in the fickle music industry.

The boys are certainly all yummy, in every aspect. Glenn :heart: is still my outright favourite, though. I can't help being crazy about him! :inlove:

Have a great time here with us!

LWKUA
02-17-2009, 10:39 PM
IABAD, GA and MF: Thank you so much for your warm welcomes!!

MF: Me too, I admire all 4 and think that each one is very talented and 'stand out great' in his own way (and, each also quite attractive in his own way too - what good-looking guys they are for sure). And I agree that the band would not be even close to the same without the contribution of each member. ...How exciting that you have a band! (And that you cover those great songs you listed! ;)...:thumbsup:) I would love to hear your music sometime.

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate your kind words very much. :yay:

LWKUA
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
:partytime::partytime::partytime: Border Party in Indy!!!! Yippee!!! I just hope we don't all wait till the last minute for tickets and want the same section. I'm pretty sure I know what side Lynn and I will be going for! :thumbsup:

High-five Willie!! :thumbsup: -- Yes!! the Timothy-side's the place to be!!8)

Peekaboo
02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm late here but i would also like to say Welcome to Lynn and Vicky!!! I hope you two have fun here and post often. It's always great to meet new people who love the Eagles like the rest of us Borderers. See you around the Border.

Fan_For_Life
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I wanted to come by and thank all of you for the warm welcomes. I've browsed here and there and think this is a great site. I hope it gets the attention it deserves. Thanks to whomever for creating this place. :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
02-21-2009, 04:20 AM
Hey Lynn and Vicky,
I haven't been on in a couple of days, so my welcome is a bit late...but better late than never! I'm a long-term Eagles fan from the mid-70's, when I was in 8th grade. I've seen them once on the HFO tour, and 3 times on the LROOE tour...so I think I'm done for awhile. My next goal is to see my 2 faves, Glenn :heart::heart: and Don :heart:, in solo concerts...but I'm thinkin' that will be quite awhile away! They seem a little busy in the near future...

LWKUA
02-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I wanted to come by and thank all of you for the warm welcomes. I've browsed here and there and think this is a great site. I hope it gets the attention it deserves. Thanks to whomever for creating this place. :thumbsup:

My thanks go out to the creators of this site too :yay: Your efforts to create a fun & informative place to hang out is much appreciated.

Also thank you so much for your kind welcomes Peekaboo and eaglesvet!!

sodascouts
02-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the nice words, guys! It's tons of fun for me, too! ;)

Kinrow
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi, my name is Kris and I'm a graphics designer from Central NY. I have been an Eagles fan for as long as there have been The Eagles. My favorite album is Desperato and I gotta say it, I've loved Randy since the first time I saw him on the cover of Rick Nelson's album "Live at the Trubadour"

Other music I like: The Beatles, Eric Clapton, I love Los Lonely Boys, Jimmy Buffett, Poco to name a few.

Other things, I have a Siameese cat named Minnie, I'm a landscape photograph junkie, a watercolor artist and an avid lover of life.

I'm really looking forward to spending time here and getting into some great dicussions.

EagleLady
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Welcome Kris, You'll love it here :)

ticky
03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome Kris! Where about are you from in NY? We lived in Nanuet for 3 years back in the 80s.
You've found the absolute best place on the internet for an Eagles fan! I, myself an a Joe-girl, in case you havent noticed *G* but there is a huge cross section of fans here and a great bunch of people, So jump on in, the waters fine *G*
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/xmascoverbig.jpg

Kinrow
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm from a very small town called Marathon, NY it's right about dead center in the middle of the state, so we're far from everything.

I'm glad that I found this spot because I real Don Felder's book a few months back. I found it heartbreaking to read. I know that there are two sides to every story with the truth somewhere in between. That's what brought me here.

03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Welcome from me too, Kris. We are glad you found us, and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border as much as we do. As ticky said, jump right on in! :)

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Welcome from me too Kris! Have a great time posting here!

Peekaboo
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome Kris!!! You'll have a blast here. Happy posting and we'll see ya around the Border. :cheers: :rockon:

Fan_For_Life
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome, Kris. I'm fairly new to the border too. I've been a fan since I can remember. Hope you enjoy your stay.

ticky:that picture reminds me of a movie called Lords Of Dogtown. If you haven't seen it it's real good movie.

Prettymaid
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Kris - sounds like we've got quite a few things in common - our love for the Eagles, The Beatles and cats! There's a thread called petmania where you can post pictures of your pets. I'd love to see your Siamese! Hope you enjoy yourself here, but beware - it's addicting!

EagleLady
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I love all three of those too. Wow, I thought I was the only Beatles fan here.

Prettymaid
03-05-2009, 07:22 PM
EL, I know of myself, FP and Rick-and now Kris.

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Mrs Frey in South Africa is a BIG Beatles fan as well.

DonFan
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome, Kris! Glad you joined us!

sodascouts
03-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Welcome Kris! Glad to have you! :)

Freypower
03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome Kris - as PM said, the Beatles are IT as far as I am concerned. As for Eric Clapton I'm seeing him on Sunday night. Make sure to check out my review in the Eric Clapton thread in the Singing For The Sake Of The Song forum.

Koala
03-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Welcome Kris, much fun here on the Border!
I like Eric Clapton and the Beatles too!

TimothyBFan
03-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Welcome Kris--Glad to see you made your way here and I hope you enjoy it!! I also am a cat lover (3 of my own monsters!). Join in often.

Brooke
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
:bye: Welcome from me, too, Kris. Glad you found us.

I'm also a big cat lover and you can see a pic of mine in the Petmania thread. Would love to see your siamese.

Have fun here. It's the best Eagles place on the net without a doubt! Just jump right in!

melrose
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Welcome Kris! I'm glad to hear we have another Poconut on the border. Jump right in on the threads, everyone here is very nice.

Kinrow
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Thank's again for the very warm welcome. I'm really glad I found this spot:)

melrose
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, I'm a little late in doing so, but I should probably go ahead and introduce myself. I have already been welcomed by a few of you on some of the threads, and I just want to thank you all for such a warm reception.

My name is Melissa, and I'm from Jacksonville Florida. I love all of the guys, past and present, but have a strong preference for Timothy B. Schmit. Some of my favorite artists and groups are Eagles, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Poco, Warren Zevon, Timothy B. Schmit, and Jackson Browne. The list could go on, but in short I like more of the classic rock, singer-songwriter, and jazz stuff. I play drums and piano for fun, nothing serious, but I am looking into buying a bass soon and trying that out. I do office work for a small HVAC and Mechanical Systems company, and I private tutor during the school season. I'm so glad I finally found such a nice place to vent my unhealthy Eagles obsession! I think my friends and family were getting a bit sick of me talking their ears off. I don't know why, though... :shrug:

Fan_For_Life
03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
HI! Melrose. :bye:I also live in Jacksonville, FL. How cool is that.

sodascouts
03-06-2009, 10:59 PM
lol. Join the club when it comes to talking your friends' ears off about the Eagles! I've learned it's best to come here and gush. They just don't get it!

Great to have you! :)

Prettymaid
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for telling us about yourself Melrose, and welcome!

melrose
03-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Thank you everyone!

ticky
03-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Hey and Welcome Melrose *G*

LWKUA
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Kris! :bye: Welcome from me too. I'm new here also and am glad I finally joined this great group of Eagles fans.

Have a great time on The Border!!

03-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello from me as well, melrose. We have several members from Jacksonville, I believe. We are glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. You will be among many of us who are more than happy to discuss your obsession with you. :wink:

Peekaboo
03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi Melrose!!! Hope you've enjoyed the Border so far!! I've enjoyed reading your posts!!! Welcome and I'll see ya around the Border.

EagleLady
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, better late than never, I guess. I am Lisa, I am 18, soon to be 19, I graduated from High School last year. I do not have any plans to go to College. My obsessions besides The Eagles, are The Beatles, Nascar, and of course, Elton John. I have two cats, Smokie and Abby, and A brother.

Brooke
03-12-2009, 10:30 AM
'Bout time you fessed up, EL! Glad to hear a bit more about ya. Post on!

EagleLady
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Better late than never :lol:

ticky
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow Great to meet ya EL! hehehehe

EagleLady
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
:rofl:

Peekaboo
03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the Border Lisa!!! I'm sure you'll find that this is the place to....kidding :hilarious:...Glad to see you introduced yourself Lisa!!! It's been fun reading your posts and seeing the lovely pics you've posted. May there be many more where that came from. Like Brooke said, Post on girlfriend!!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
03-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Teehee, thanks Jess :)

AlMora
03-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Eagles-friends:

I'm a musician and longtime Eagles fan.

I live in Crown Piont, Indiana. I have a beautiful wife, two grown sons, and three lovely daughters at home. I posted on this blog for the first time very recently. I posted a letter to Don Felder. And I posted that I recently placed a Hotel California cover video on my YouTube channel.

My youtube channel is: youtube.com/ajmora

My music web site is: freeverseband.com.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy!

Al Mora

03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome Al. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

TimothyBFan
03-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Welcome Al!! I am a fellow hoosier (up north-not to far from you--about 30 minutes west of Notre Dame!) We have several from Indiana on here!!

Hope you enjoy posting here.

Brooke
03-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Welcome to The Border AM. It's a great place to interact with Eagles lovers.

sodascouts
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome Al! I live in Indiana, too.

AlMora
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages friends!

I recommend the America blog. It's a great, friendly place with lots of interesting topics at any given time:

http://america.accessbackstage.com/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=viewforum&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS=1&MMN_position=3:3

I'll be back!

EagleLady
03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the border Al!

AlMora
03-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I am fairly new to this blog. Once I was in a thread somewhere on this blog with YouTube vidoes. Today I can't find it. Anyone know how I can get to that thread? Thanks!

03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Gosh Al - we have YouTube videos all over the place here. It depends on what you're looking for. Most of the Eagles YouTube videos are in this thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182

However, we also have YouTube thread for each of the members in their forums. If you are looking for a particular video, you may try the search feature. You'll have to know some keywords for a successful search though. Hope this helps.

AlMora
03-22-2009, 01:21 AM
For the link. It worked! Al Mora

Fan_For_Life
03-22-2009, 10:11 AM
:bye: Almora. Nice to meet you.

Peekaboo
03-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Welcome from me as well Almora. Hope you enjoy yourself here and stick around.:)

AlMora
03-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Peekaboo and Fanforlife and all others:

Just want to say thanks for the welcome messages! I take nothing for granted.

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Welcome from me too AM! Hope you enjoy posting on this board too!

Koala
04-27-2009, 04:29 AM
I am not really the new Kid in Town:p, however I have not introced oneself, right now I change this!
My name is Desire, I´m 30 years old and I live in a small Town in north Germany near the Border to Denmark.
I work in an elementary school, I oversee the children during and after the school. This makes a lot of fun, I love my job!
How I come to the eagles you can real up here again:
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311 (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311) page 4!:rolleyes:
My other hobbies except music are sport and read ( especially thriller and biography)!
Still questions? simply ask!:)

Glennsallnighter
04-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Great to hear a little about you Desire. I love Sport and Reading too! I'm glad we have another European on the Border.

04-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for telling us more about yourself, Desire and for all of your contributions here on The Border. We are glad you found us. Sounds like you have a really fun job. :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Yup, glad you found us, Desire! It's a great place to be!

Molly
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Welcome from me, as well Desire and AM. I'm an "oldie" here that doesn't get to spend as much time here anymore as I used to.

(I may have to peek in more just to take a quick look at Brooke's avatar, though.)

Koala
04-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys!

Sounds like you have a really fun job. :thumbsup:

Yes my job is really cool and never boring, I work with kids aged 6 - 12!

Stars
04-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Welcome AM, and Desire, it's nice to know more about you! I used to work with children too-I taught preschool and worked in day care for 30+ years-it is certainly a rewarding and fun job-you never know what each day will bring!;)

sodascouts
04-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the extra info, Desire. How is your name pronounced, by the way? In English, the e is silent.

Koala
04-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks stars,
you have absolutely right, you never know what comes next, when you work with kids!
I like the avatar you to you has selected!

Thanks Soda,
my name is pronounced with an e, he comes from the french one.

melrose
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself, Desire!

eaglesvet
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks stars,
you have absolutely right, you never know what comes next, when you work with kids!
I like the avatar you to you has selected!

Thanks Soda,
my name is pronounced with an e, he comes from the french one.
Here, I think the name would be spelled Desiree', and have 3 syllables, with the 'ree' being the accented or strong syllable. Is that how yours is pronounced?

Koala
04-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Here, I think the name would be spelled Desiree', and have 3 syllables, with the 'ree' being the accented or strong syllable. Is that how yours is pronounced?

Thats right, so my name is pronounced, but he is written only with one e!
Strictly speaking my name is written that way: Desiré

Peekaboo
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello Desire!! It's great to know a little more about you. I've enjoyed reading your posts and all of the pics that you've posted. Keep on posting!! :thumbsup:

Koala
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Melrose, thanks Peek!
When I have announced myself I would never have thought I would become in so short time so much writing,
also because mine english is not really the best one!

eaglesvet
05-02-2009, 03:23 AM
I love reading the syntax of your sentences! I took German in high school, ages ago, and I can see how your English sentence structure is derived from your native language. You do an excellent job with your posts; and I agree, your rate of posting seems to be ultra-fast for the time you have been a member! Plus, you seem to find some really hot pics!:thumbsup:

Molly
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
I love reading the syntax of your sentences! I took German in high school, ages ago, and I can see how your English sentence structure is derived from your native language. You do an excellent job with your posts; and I agree, your rate of posting seems to be ultra-fast for the time you have been a member! Plus, you seem to find some really hot pics!:thumbsup:

I picked up on that, too, having studied German years ago.

I agree-you are doing a fantastic job with your posts!