PDA

View Full Version : What's your best tip?

conniek
05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Trying to get a ticket for the Dallas show on June 26th. What's your best tip for scoring a great seat?

luvthelighthouse
05-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Pull a Soda and walk up to the ticket booth minutes before show time. I'm not that brave though! I'd just keep checking ticketmaster until good seats popped up, closer to the show date. Good luck!

conniek
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
No more need for tips.

DH got me a ticket, booked my flight and hotel. Happy birthday to me!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-31-2010, 09:51 PM
I agree with what ltl said. Ticketmaster has recently been dropping very good seats at face value the closer you get to the date of a show, so I would check it often. However, waiting until you get to the venue to purchase a ticket is risky if you absolutely want a good seat. Sometimes it works out well, but not always. Also brokers tend to drop prices for unsold seats at you get close to the show date. Good luck!

ETA: Well, Connie - we must have been posting at the same time. Anyway, congratulations on your ticket!

TimothyBFan
06-01-2010, 08:31 AM
DH got me a ticket, booked my flight and hotel. Happy birthday to me!

Don Henley? :huh:;)

conniek
06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
giggle giggle

Well, I actually meant my Dear Husband, but if everyone would like to think that Don has arranged for me to have a fabulous birthday, who am I to take that away?

I guess that would make it a really fabulous birthday. :partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Seriously!!! :wink:

Prettymaid
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Don Henley? :huh:;)

That's exactly who came to my mind!

luvthelighthouse
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I use DH on another forum I'm on, so I thought Dear Hubby... but on here, I see why Don Henley would seem likely! :)

Congrats Connie on the awesome gift! I know you'll have a wonderful time!

Peekaboo
06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
That's exactly who came to my mind!

Same here. It's become quite a habit to think of Don when I see the letters DH together. Same goes for GF, JW, and TBS.