PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our album this time will be One of These Nights. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of One of These Nights here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. At the beginning of the round, I ask a question related to one of the songs on One of These Nights. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful! Remember to include both the answer to the question and the song you want immune in your reply, or it won't count.

The winner of the "One of These Nights" Survivor is ...

Take It To the Limit!!!

Songs Eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14
Journey of the Sorcerer 6/16
Hollywood Waltz 6/18
After the Thrill Is Gone 6/20
Too Many Hands 6/22
Lyin' Eyes 6/24
One of These Nights 6/26

Hope everyone enjoyed the game and thanks for playing.

GAME OVER!

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I'll start us off!

Let's just say there's a reason why Felder never sang lead on more than one Eagles song...

I cast my vote for Visions.

EagleLady
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I vote for Visions

Eve
06-10-2010, 08:05 PM
My vote is;
I Wish You Peace.

Freypower
06-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I vote for my least favourite Eagles song, I Wish You Peace.

whitcap
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I vote for Visions

Ive always been a dreamer
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey folks, as usual I am going to withhold my vote for now. However, I want to encourage everyone to consider Journey of the Sorcerer for elimination here. I am shocked it hasn't received any votes yet. It's not that it's a bad song, but to me it is very 'out-of-sync' with the most of the other songs on this album. It is also a little too long for my liking, which has the effect of making it somewhat repetitious. Just my two cents. :wink:

Freypower
06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey folks, as usual I am going to withhold my vote for now. However, I want to encourage everyone to consider Journey of the Sorcerer for elimination here. I am shocked it hasn't received any votes yet. It's not that it's a bad song, but to me it is very 'out-of-sync' with the most of the other songs on this album. It is also a little too long for my liking, which has the effect of making it somewhat repetitious. Just my two cents. :wink:

I agree with you to some extent but the older I get the more innovative I think JOTS is. It is not a favourite of mine but it is different for this band.

sodascouts
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
It took major balls for the band to include a song like "Journey of the Sorcerer" on that album. They had to know most people would be going "huh" but they did it anyway.

JOTS has a melodic drama to it that I like. It may be out of place on an Eagles album, but it's a great song. JMHO.

AzEaglesFan
06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I vote for Visions

06-10-2010, 10:14 PM
It took major balls for the band to include a song like "Journey of the Sorcerer" on that album.

Soda, I read this and I had to laugh. My first thought was that it didn't take balls for them to include Journey of the Sorcerer on the album, it took drugs. :lol: I don't think it was any secret that Don and Glenn weren't exactly thrilled with Bernie's contributions on this album. I'd say that they were reluctant at best to include these songs. Speaking for myself, I like the song, but it is my least favorite on the album.

As far as Visions, I rather like it. It's not one I absolutely love, but it has some :pimp: guitar work. I actually like Felder's vocals in the verses better than the harmonies in the chorus.

Wildthyme
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I have to agree with Dreamer. I don't exactly dislike JOTS but it does seem out of sync with the album. My vote is for Journey of the Sorcerer.

luvthelighthouse
06-11-2010, 12:13 AM
JOTS is a bit too long... but I don't mind it. Too Many Hands has been stuck in my head since I heard it earlier... but I'm not it love with it. I'm surprised there aren't any votes that that one yet. Jury is still out on Visions. I guess I'm not ready to vote yet. :headscratch:

Koala
06-11-2010, 12:46 AM
I cast my vote for Visions!

GlennLover
06-11-2010, 01:51 AM
I vote for "Visions".

The_Girl_Of_Summer
06-11-2010, 03:09 AM
I cast my vote for Visions!

tequila girl
06-11-2010, 04:55 AM
I vote for Visions

Prettymaid
06-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I think all of you are on drugs if you think JOTS is better than Visions! :hilarious: (JK)

With the recent discussions about whether any of TBS's Expando songs should have been included on LROOE and why Glenn and Don didn't embrace any of them because the weren't "Eagles songs" (Tim's words), I'm shocked that back when Bernie brought JOTS to them they said, "Okay, cool." Of course back then they didn't have quite the abundance of songs to select from, but geesh! Clearly Visions is more of an "Eagles song" than JOTS.

JOTS sticks out like a sore thumb on this album, and although it seems like a lost cause to vote for it with all of the votes already posted for Visions, I cast my vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm with Cathy--you all are on drugs!!!:hilarious: Seriously!!! JOTS not getting the votes this round!! You guys are screwing up my list all ready!!! You know I can't cope with that, it's much to stressful and I will have to up my dosage on my high blood pressure medication this next week & a half or so!

My vote goes for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

luvthelighthouse
06-11-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't think Visions is that bad. Actually, had I have not known, I would have thought that was Glenn singing lead. I don't think lyrically or melodically it's bad either.

JOTS is long... but I like the tempo change. I'm still shocked no votes for TMH... I think I'm leaning that way... but I'll know for sure later... still poundering...

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm still shocked no votes for TMH

I'm not surprised at all there's no votes yet for "Too Many Hands" - that song smokes, IMHO! It really rocks - hot guitar, and great vocal by Randy. I love the way he sings "But you won't hear a sound as she turns around!"

Eve
06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm with you sodascouts. Love that song and the screaming guitars!

Troubadour
06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I always underestimate how difficult these Survivor games will be! I just had to go back and listen to three of the songs in order to make this decision. I cast my vote for Visions. I like Felder's vocal, I like the song in general, but it's just not quite up there with the others, for me. I now know which song I will vote for next, though. ;)

For the purposes of discussion... I couldn't vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer yet. I love it. I had an experience a few months back, where my itunes was playing random songs. I was re-entering the room and this awesome, galloping piece of music was playing. I had one of those weird moments where I knew that I knew the song, I just couldn't think what it was! When I looked at my computer and saw 'Eagles', of course I remembered, but I was also kind of surprised that it was them. I'd heard that song in a completely new light. It was like I'd been whisked off on horseback across vast plains for a couple of minutes! I do have a bit of a soft spot for Bernie's stuff.

Brooke
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Let's just say there's a reason why Felder never sang lead on more than one Eagles song...

I cast my vote for Visions.

This got it started off right, Soda! You're a funny girl! :lol:

Dreamer, there's my long lost sister! Exactly what I was thinking reading the first votes. WT_?!

I think all of you are on drugs if you think JOTS is better than Visions! :hilarious: (JK)

JOTS sticks out like a sore thumb on this album, and although it seems like a lost cause to vote for it with all of the votes already posted for Visions, I cast my vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

Pm, loved that! :rofl: And of course, I agree!

Hmmmmm. I may have to vote for something else, just to rock the boat.......

Nah, not yet. I vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer. One of the worst Eagles songs EVER!

tequila girl
06-11-2010, 03:17 PM
[quote=Prettymaid;113043]I think all of you are on drugs if you think JOTS is better than Visions! :hilarious: (JK)

That made me laugh :hilarious: :hilarious:

.....but, I love JOTS, I can't remember if I bought OOTN when it came out in '75 or later - but I do remember JOTS being the music for "Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy" in '78 and I loved the music and the series then! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, we can't forget that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9TYG9gTshU

luvthelighthouse
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Looks like Visions is on it's way out. I will admit, I thought JOTS would be first to go. Now I'm more confused... wow, no votes for OOTN? Just kidding folks! I may pull a dreamer this round and vote stategically... since the bottom of my list are all pretty even.

Also, I love how many people are participating in this game. It really is a good mix! I wonder how it'll pan out...

Brooke
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I really thought JOTS would go first, too.

You know, I really like a couple of the lines in Visions. I think Don Henley would have sounded a lot better on it. Who knows!

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I do like the line "If I can't have it all, just a taste will do." I don't like the line "Play on El Chingadero!" Talk about having to be on drugs to include something... lol

UK TimFan
06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Being a relatively new Eagles fan, I'm not familiar with all of the songs on OOTN, but one listen of 'Visions' was enough for me to make up my mind on my first choice to go.:)

I vote for 'Visions'.

06-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Well I must say, I am really surprised that Visions will be eliminated before JOTS. You just never know what's gonna happen in these Survivor games. :wink: Since the outcome of this round is not in doubt, there is no reason for me to wait to vote. I would have voted for JOTS if necessary, but since my vote won't affect the outcome, I am going to vote strategically. So ...

I cast my vote for Too Many Hands.

luvthelighthouse
06-12-2010, 11:44 AM
To me, this album has two kinds of songs; stellar and okay. Some of my very favorite Eagles songs are on this album. However, there are others that do pretty much nothing for me... not that they are bad, but just okay.

I have no strategy... as I have not even decided which song I would like to win. I do know that my least favorite is TMH's... so in staying with the heart...

I cast my vote for Too Many Hands.

luvthelighthouse
06-12-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL Dreamer! We posted almost at the same time. I feel like you do about Visions and JOTS. :hilarious:

06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
And ltl - I feel the way you do about this statement ...

To me, this album has two kinds of songs; stellar and okay.

Shadowland07
06-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I cast my vote for Hollywood Waltz

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Sorry, SL, no vote changing! You'll have to save that one for the next round. ;)

Shadowland07
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
sorry, i guess i'll stick with Visions

Peekaboo
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Well, it looks like my vote isn't going to matter here in this first round but like always I've made my list and i'm sticking to it. My vote is for Journey Of The Sorcerer. I don't think that the song is horrible but it's just not very Eagley to me. I always hit the skip button when this one comes on. I think the there's some good guitar work in it but I like to hear them sing. It was their beautiful voices that got my attention and that's what I love to hear. I mean, their voices are so good that they sound great when they don't even have music backing them up, a good example would be the beginning of Seven Bridges Road.

Brooke
06-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Soda, lovin' your new sig! Very nice!

Glennsallnighter
06-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I've just realised that this Survivor is happening. I cast my vote for 'I Wish You Peace'

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 07:02 PM
With the recent discussions about whether any of TBS's Expando songs should have been included on LROOE and why Glenn and Don didn't embrace any of them because the weren't "Eagles songs" (Tim's words), I'm shocked that back when Bernie brought JOTS to them they said, "Okay, cool." Of course back then they didn't have quite the abundance of songs to select from, but geesh! Clearly Visions is more of an "Eagles song" than JOTS.

You gotta remember that back then, Glenn and Don weren't "the bosses." They had formed a united front and were able to get their way most of the time, but Bernie and Randy were founding members and had a lot more say than someone like Tim who was brought in with the understanding that he'd be subordinate (although highly valued). I get the feeling that Glenn and Don were able to talk Randy into a lot of stuff but with Bernie... not so much.

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
The first song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is Visions, with 11 votes. Well, “Visions,” at least you can say that you tried – but the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Visions – 11
Journey of the Sorcerer – 5
I Wish You Peace – 3
Too Many Hands – 2

Vote Breakdown
Visions – sodascouts
Visions – EagleLady
Visions – whitcap
Visions – AzEaglesFan
Visions – Koala
Visions – GlennLover
Visions – The_Girl_of_Summer
Visions – tequila girl
Visions – Troubadour
Visions – UK TimFan
Visions – Shadowland07
Journey of the Sorcerer – WildThyme
Journey of the Sorcerer – Prettymaid
Journey of the Sorcerer – TimothyBFan
Journey of the Sorcerer – Brooke
Journey of the Sorcerer – Peekaboo
I Wish You Peace – Eve
I Wish You Peace – Freypower
I Wish You Peace – Glennsallnighter
Too Many Hands – Ive always been a dreamer
Too Many Hands – luvthelighthouse

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Journey of the Sorcerer
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone
I Wish You Peace

Voting for Round 2 begins after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song from One of These Nights was co-written by a woman?

Remember to include both your answer and the song you want immune in order for it to be counted.

Glennsallnighter
06-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I Wish You Peace. (patti Davis)

If right, Journey of the Sorcerer to be immune please

sodascouts
06-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Yep, that's right!

JOURNEY OF THE SORCERER is immune.

Round 2 beings NOW!

EagleLady
06-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I Vote for Too Many Hands

Freypower
06-12-2010, 08:07 PM
I vote for I Wish You Peace.

whitcap
06-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Shadowland07
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I vote for Hollywood Waltz. It's too boring for me

AzEaglesFan
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I'll go with Hollywood Waltz this time.

Koala
06-13-2010, 02:04 AM

tequila girl
06-13-2010, 05:22 AM
I vote for I Wish You Peace

Troubadour
06-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I am thrilled that Journey Of The Sorcerer is immune this round. That was a bit of a surprise!

I vote for Too Many Hands. After my re-listen yesterday, I realised that it's simply my least favourite, after Visions. Although there's nothing bad about it - and the guitar work is awesome - I just prefer the other tracks. They each affect me a little more than Too Many Hands does.

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Aww Lou! You know I'll look after you! Though seriously, I would hope it wouldn't have been eliminated so early in the game as well. For this round I'll vote off the song that won me the immune question -
I Wish You Peace

Wildthyme
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
My vote this round goes to Too Many Hands. Unlike some of the others, its just not a song has ever grown on me... :(

sodascouts
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Has anyone ever driven down a darkened road while it storms - lightning, thunder, wind, pounding rain - with Journey of the Sorcerer playing full blast on the car stereo?

Well, I just did, and it was AWESOME.

So glad it's immune this round!

sodascouts
06-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh, and about voting - I adore Too Many Hands and I'm really surprised at all the votes it's getting!

I cast my vote for I Wish You Peace.

I like it more than most people do and I find it pleasant to listen to (especially the "and when storms are high and your dreams are low" part with the Eagles adding that "aaahhh" to give it extra oomph), but that overlong instrumental bridge kills the song's emotional momentum. Plus, they should've stopped at three repetitions of the "I wish you the strength..." series at the end. By the fourth one you're thinking "When will this end?" It's true that the last "I wish you the strength to let love go" and brief instrumental outro leave you with a sense of closure - I just wish the closure had come a line sooner. ;) Little things like that do make a difference, at least to me!

Eve
06-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I adore "Too Many Hands" as well. Sun roof open blasting on a sunny day.

My vote is again for "I Wish You Peace." (Just because of Patti Davis)

Troubadour
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Has anyone ever driven down a darkened road while it storms - lightning, thunder, wind, pounding rain - with Journey of the Sorcerer playing full blast on the car stereo?

Well, I just did, and it was AWESOME.

Loving that image!

The_Girl_Of_Summer
06-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I Cast My Vote For Too Many Hands

TimothyBFan
06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
I kinda like Too Many Hands also. Love Randy's voice!! And since JOTS is immune...

My vote is for Hollywood Waltz.

Peekaboo
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
I vote for Too Many Hands

It's not a bad rocker and Randy sounds great in this song but it's just one of those I can't really get into.

UK TimFan
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM
My vote goes to 'I wish you peace'.

Brooke
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I vote for Too Many Hands. Just never did really like the song. Only since JOTS is immune. Ick! It always gets skipped.

I'm surprised to see a few votes for Hollywood Waltz. I love it. Don's wistful voice on it is so beautiful.

tequila girl
06-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm surprised to see a few votes for Hollywood Waltz. I love it. Don's wistful voice on it is so beautiful.
I'm with you on that one Brooke - I love Don singing Hollywood Waltz!

luvthelighthouse
06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I cast my vote for Too Many Hands

Randy has a lovely voice, but I can not seem to relate to or get into this song at all.

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm not ready for Hollywood Waltz to go either! It's b-e-a-utiful!

Is anybody familiar with the band Triumph? Every time I hear TMH it sounds like them to me. (Of course, TMH came first, so technically they sound like it, but YKWIM.) :wink: That's not a bad thing, just an observation.

IWYP is pretty, but I don't know, too long.

Decisions, decisions...

I cast my vote for I Wish You Peace

06-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Well - I guess I'll shake things up a bit here. Since IWYP is going down this round, I am going to use my vote to look toward the future.

I cast my vote for One of These Nights.

EagleLady
06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
What????? One of these Nights, is a very sexy song! :eyebrow:

sodascouts
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
The second song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is I Wish You Peace, with 9 votes. “I Wish You Peace,” I wish you the strength to let this go. The tribe has spoken and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Wish You Peace – 9
Too Many Hands – 7
Hollywood Waltz - 3
One of These Nights - 1

Vote Breakdown
I Wish You Peace – Freypower
I Wish You Peace - whitcap
I Wish You Peace - Koala
I Wish You Peace - tequila girl
I Wish You Peace – Glennsallnighter
I Wish You Peace - sodascouts
I Wish You Peace – Eve
I Wish You Peace - UK TimFan
I Wish You Peace - Prettymaid
Too Many Hands – EagleLady
Too Many Hands - Troubadour
Too Many Hands - Wildthyme
Too Many Hands - The_Girl_of_Summer
Too Many Hands - Peekaboo
Too Mand Hands - Brooke
Too Many Hands – luvthelighthouse
Hollywood Waltz - Shadowland07
Hollywood Waltz - AzEaglesFan
Hollywood Waltz - TimothyBFan
One of These Nights - Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Journey of the Sorcerer
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round 3 begins after the following immunity question is answered:

On which song do Glenn and Don Henley share lead vocal duties?

Remember to include both your answer and the song you want immune in order for it to be counted.

whitcap
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
After the thrill is gone

too many hands immune

sodascouts
06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Both whitcap and FP are right, but whitcap was faster!

TOO MANY HANDS is immune.

Round 3 begins NOW!

Freypower
06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
I deleted my post when I saw whitcap's.

I vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

Eve
06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS whitcap!! :thumbsup:

My vote is for "After the Thrill is Gone."

EagleLady
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer

Troubadour
06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, as Too Many Hands is immune, I am forced to vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer this round. It's a testament to this album that I am voting so early for a song that I have raved about!

Prettymaid
06-14-2010, 08:28 PM
For me this is easy. Everything except for JOTS and TMH is in another category ^ . And since TMH is immune, that leaves JOTS.

I cast my vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

It's not that I dislike it, but besides the argument I made about it sticking out like a sore thumb, it's too repetitive. The key line of the song would be much more powerful if it wasn't repeated twenty zillion times! :hilarious:

Wildthyme
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Its a simple choice for me this round. I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer.

GlennLover
06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry I missed the last round. I was going to vote IWYP anyway.

For this round I vote Journey of the Sorcerer. I find that it is out of place on the album & I'd rather hear the guys sing.

Shadowland07
06-14-2010, 10:47 PM
i vote for Hollywood Waltz again. Journey of the Sorcerer is amazing. Hollywood Waltz is just too boring, even After the Thrill is Gone is better than it.

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2010, 11:26 PM
I vote for After the Thrill is Gone

Koala
06-15-2010, 12:58 AM
I cast my vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer

tequila girl
06-15-2010, 05:13 AM
This is hard - I really like all of the remaining songs and as the one I would have voted for is immune, it's going to have to be.......

Lyin' Eyes that gets my vote

Prettymaid
06-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Lyin' Eyes that gets my vote

Whoa Nellie! Game on! :woah:

TimothyBFan
06-15-2010, 07:56 AM
I have a question to those that have voted for ATTIG and LE :eyebrow:, where those strategic votes and if not, can you give us a reason on why you felt they should be voted on this early in the game? I always am interested in everyone's reasons why they vote, especially when they are for hits on the album this early on.

Back to my least fave this time, my vote is for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

tequila girl
06-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I have a question to those that have voted for ATTIG and LE :eyebrow:, where those strategic votes and if not, can you give us a reason on why you felt they should be voted on this early in the game? I always am interested in everyone's reasons why they vote, especially when they are for hits on the album this early on.

My vote was purely strategic (there's method in my madness - I think!) :hilarious:

Brooke
06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
OMG, last round a vote for OOTN. This round votes for LE and ATTIG! Strategic votes I'm sure, but now they're tied! These three songs are so way above the rest on this album..........can't even think of what to say!

:fingerwag:

luvthelighthouse
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I think ATTIG has has a couple of votes. :eyebrow: You know, I do NOT want to do this... but I feel I have not choice. This early in the game, I would like the playing field a little more even.

I'm sorry, I do not want to do this... it hurts me more than it hurts the song... but

I cast my vote for Take it to the Limit.

Wow, that hurt! (I couldn't even put it in red... hurts too much)

Brooke
06-15-2010, 01:16 PM
:shock: I hadn't even thought of TITTL, ltlh! I'm glad you did.

Well, it's a dirty job but someone had to do it! :lol:

EagleLady
06-15-2010, 01:18 PM
:steviesmack: LTL and Brooke :lol:

06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I knew last night when I voted for One of These Nights that it would raise a few hairs on a few heads. :lol: I have a feeling that when we get down to the 'big three' on this album (OOTN, TITTL, and LE) in the final rounds that it's gonna be REALLY interesting - maybe even an all out cyber war. :wink:

:argue: :whip::samurai::sword: :steviesmack: :machinegun::saberfight:

I just hope I'm able to get to a computer to vote while I'm in Nashville this weekend.

sodascouts
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh my gosh, TITTL has been voted for??? I wasn't going to go strategic this early either but now I feel I have to.

My fave must be protected at all costs!

Troubadour
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a feeling that when we get down to the 'big three' on this album (OOTN, TITTL, and LE) in the final rounds that it's gonna be REALLY interesting - maybe even an all out cyber war.

I reckon so. I'm fighting with myself at the moment!

luvthelighthouse
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I know After the Thrill is seems cliche, but to me, it's much more deep ... but I love it. With JOTS and HW still open, I'm surprised ATTIG has several votes already. :headscratch:

This song speaks to me. "You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends" ... been there...

"you don't care about winning but you don't want to lose" ... been there...

"Time passes and you must move on"... been there...

Peekaboo
06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm sad to see votes for ATTIG, LE and OOTN so early. Part of me wants to play it strategically but I just can't. I've always gone by my list and that's what I'm gonna do here. I vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
06-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I know After the Thrill is seems cliche, but to me, it's much more deep ... but I love it. With JOTS and HW still open, I'm surprised ATTIG has several votes already. :headscratch:

This song speaks to me. "You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends" ... been there...

I totally agree ATTIG is one of my favorite Eagles songs. When Don Comes in with "any kind of love withour passion, that ain't no kinda lovin' at all" i'm pretty sure im reduced to a puddle on the floor :hilarious:

So I cast My Vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

Freypower
06-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm sad to see votes for ATTIG, LE and OOTN so early. Part of me wants to play it strategically but I just can't. I've always gone by my list and that's what I'm gonna do here. I vote for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

I don't vote strategically either, but I have to tell you I have never been a big fan of ATTIG and will be voting for it soon. I prefer Too Many Hands which has already had quite a few votes. I was never sure when we started this game that what I consider the standout track by several miles would necessarily win the game, after what happened to my favourite On The Border track.

UK TimFan
06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Half of me wants to vote for 'Journey of the sorcerer' because it's an instrumental, but the other half of me wants to vote for 'After the thrill is gone' because I'm not overwhelmed by it.
So, by the narrowest of margins, my vote goes to 'After the thrill is gone'.

whitcap
06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Oh my gosh, TITTL has been voted for??? I wasn't going to go strategic this early either but now I feel I have to.

My fave must be protected at all costs!

Looks like it WILL be Cyber war! Well as I don't want to vote JOTS down (Though it looks like its going anyway) I feel I need to protect my favourite too. So I vote for TITTL.

luvthelighthouse
06-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Ugh... this is gonna get ugly! :fear:

I'd rather have voted for my least favorite... but had to even that playing field...

I wonder if we'll end up shooting ourselves in the foot and accidentally vote off a favorite early on... while trying to protect another song. :shrug: :fear:

Brooke
06-16-2010, 10:17 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. JOTS could come out the winner! Ugh!

06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Ugh... this is gonna get ugly! :fear:

I'd rather have voted for my least favorite... but had to even that playing field...

I wonder if we'll end up shooting ourselves in the foot and accidentally vote off a favorite early on... while trying to protect another song. :shrug: :fear:

Well, speaking for myself, I would almost never vote strategically until I'm certain about the outcome of a round. That's why I generally vote near the end of the round. When rounds are close, I will always vote to eliminate a song before I will vote strategically. However, if there are a lot of voter's who vote strategically before they know a weaker song is going to go down, what you said could happen, ltl. That has almost happened before in a few other games that I can think of.

So bottom line, my rule is that I don't vote strategically if my vote is needed to take down a song that I would rather see eliminated. In this round, I am almost certain that Journey of the Sorcerer is going down, but I'll still wait until a little later to cast my vote.

Prettymaid
06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
It would take an ACT OF GOD for JOTS not to go down tonight! :fear:

06-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Well said, ltl - ITA. I just love this song. To me, ATTIG is a vastly underrated song - the lyrics, vocals, and music are all incredible. I can't imagine those lyrics not speaking to almost everyone. I'll even add a couple more ...

"any kind of love without passion, well that ain't no kind of lovin' at all" ... been there...

"you keep on singing for the sake of the song" ... been there...

And it looks like the sorcerer is on his last journey for sure, so ...

EagleLady
06-16-2010, 06:28 PM
How can anyone vote to eliminate One of These Nights? :-(

06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Well, EL - I just did. All I did was type the letters to spell out the name and then bold it. :wink: It was strategic, but I did it for a reason.

Prettymaid
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, EL - I just did. All I did was type the letters to spell out the name and then bold it. :wink: It was strategic, but I did it for a reason.

I know why you did it Dreamer, but I'm not sure yet if I like it! :hmm:

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 08:01 PM
The third song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is Journey of the Sorcerer. "Journey of the Sorcerer," guess your journey's over! The tribe has spoken and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Journey of the Sorcerer - 11
After the Thrill Is Gone - 3
Take It to the Limit - 2
One of These Nights - 2
Hollywood Waltz - 1
Lyin' Eyes - 1

Vote Breakdown
Journey of the Sorcerer - Freypower
Journey of the Sorcerer - EagleLady
Journey of the Sorcerer - Troubadour
Journey of the Sorcerer - Prettymaid
Journey of the Sorcerer - Wildthyme
Journey of the Sorcerer - GlennLover
Journey of the Sorcerer - Koala
Journey of the Sorcerer - TimothyBFan
Journey of the Sorcerer - Peekaboo
Journey of the Sorcerer - The Girl of Summer
Journey of the Sorcerer - whitcap
After the Thrill Is Gone - Eve
After the Thrill Is Gone - AzEaglesFan
After the Thrill Is Gone - UK TimFan
Take It to the Limit – luvthelighthouse
Take It to the Limit - Glennsallnighter
One of These Nights - sodascouts
Lyin' Eyes - tequila girl

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round 4 begins after the following immunity question is answered:

On which song does Bernie’s brother share songwriting credits?

Eve
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Hollywood Waltz
Too many hands immune

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
You got it, Eve!

Round 4 starts NOW!

Eve
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
You got it, Eve!

Round 4 starts NOW!

Yah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleLady
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I Vote for Hollywood Waltz

UK TimFan
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I can see this Survivor getting very interesting, and I think there'll be a few tears before bedtime. :grin:

My vote is for 'After the thrill is gone'.

Eve
06-16-2010, 08:11 PM
My vote is for "After the Thrill is Gone."

luvthelighthouse
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I do not like where this is heading! :worried:

Please Save After the Thrill is gone! This song was though well enough of, to put on the Very Best of ... as mentioned, it is under rated! It's such a great song.

I encourage everyone to Vote off Hollywood Waltz. It's not a bad song... and IMO, should be gone after TMH, but that song is immune. :sad:

I will withhold my vote for now.

luvthelighthouse
06-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I see it didn't highlight the whole title. I'm not sure if we can edit posts that do NOT have our votes in them, so I didn't fix it. I know everyone knows what I'm talking about though.

Shadowland07
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
i vote for Hollywood Waltz.After the Thrill is Gone is a better song than it

Freypower
06-16-2010, 10:32 PM
I vote for Hollywood Waltz.

Koala
06-17-2010, 01:26 AM
I cast my vote for Hollywood Waltz!

Actually, I wanted to vote in this round for Too Many Hands!Unfortunately, it is immune!

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I wanted to vote off TMH as well. Well seems like its a toss up between HW and ATTIG! As simply I prefer the latter, I want to vote off 'Hollywood Waltz'

TimothyBFan
06-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Ahhh-back on track now.

Next on my list is Hollywood Waltz.

Oh and I just want to say.....SAVE AFTER THE THRILL IS GONE, VOTE HOLLYWOOD WALTZ!!!

06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Well I won't be around to vote near the end of the round so I can't vote strategically. :-x I also would have rather seen Too Many Hands go down this time. Since I don't know how this will go down, I have to save ATTIG, therefore ...

I cast my vote for Hollywood Waltz.

I'm hoping I can get to a computer to vote in the next few rounds while I'm out of town. I hate to miss out on all the fun. :wink:

Brooke
06-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Too Many Hands should certainly go before any of the rest. Looks like several agree. Oh well.

I'll request it too. Save After The Thrill Is Gone. It's such a beautiful song. Love all those lines mentioned, too. And Don and Glenn's voices are to die for. :sigh:

Vote for Hollywood Waltz. I love it too, but something has to go.

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
I love Hollywood Waltz, but as Too Many Hands is immune, I am forced to vote for it. I would like to see After The Thrill Is Gone last at least one more round. It is absolutely underrated. The lyrics and the blend of voices in this track are stunning.

So, to confirm, I vote for Hollywood Waltz.

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
I knew the Bernie/Randy fans would shake things up this game!

Let me go on record by saying that I agree that it would have been nice to see TMH go down this round, but Eve was all over that immunity question so we'll just have to beat her to it next round! :hilarious:

I think it would be interesting to see how this game played out if we weren't aware of the hits. For instance, what if you heard all of these songs for the first time and had never heard any of them on the radio. What would be your favorites then?

I love both HW and ATTIG so I'm going to hold my vote and watch how this pans out.

Wildthyme
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
My vote is for Hollywood Waltz this round.

Freypower
06-17-2010, 06:57 PM
II think it would be interesting to see how this game played out if we weren't aware of the hits. For instance, what if you heard all of these songs for the first time and had never heard any of them on the radio. What would be your favorites then?

I love both HW and ATTIG so I'm going to hold my vote and watch how this pans out.

I know what my favourites would have been. The same ones they are now. They stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. But as I said, this is my least favourite album.

tequila girl
06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
I would have voted Too Many Hands this round - but seeing as it's immune..........

It definitely looks like Hollywood Waltz is the one that's going - but I can't bring myself to vote for that - it's one of my fav's............so it's going to have to be Lyin' Eyes that gets my vote again

GlennLover
06-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I hate to do it but, since something's got to go:

I cast my vote for Hollywood Waltz.

whitcap
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I vote for After the Thrill is Gone

luvthelighthouse
06-18-2010, 04:33 PM
I fear strategy will end up biting me in the butt... as some how a song love will be immune and mess everything up.

IMO, TMH's should go before HW or ATTIG... but that can't happen. I do enjoy HW but it's time is here.

It does not need my help, but I cannot seem to bring myself to vote for any of the other songs.

Prettymaid
06-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I cast my vote for Lyin' Eyes.

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Love the vocals on Hollywood Waltz and it's a pretty tune, but I can understand why it might go before some of the others that are left. For my part, though...

P.S. It's storming outside but hopefully my electricity will remain on for just a few more minutes, at least!

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
The fourth song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is Hollywood Waltz. "Hollywood Waltz," waltz on out of here! The tribe has spoken and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Hollywood Waltz - 12
After the Thrill Is Gone - 3
Lyin' Eyes - 2
One of These Nights - 1

Vote Breakdown
Hollywood Waltz - EagleLady
Hollywood Waltz - Freypower
Hollywood Waltz - Koala
Hollywood Waltz - Glennsallnighter
Hollywood Waltz - TimothyBFan
Hollywood Waltz - Ive always been a dreamer
Hollywood Waltz - Brooke
Hollywood Waltz - Troubadour
Hollywood Waltz - Wildthyme
Hollywood Waltz - GlennLover
Hollywood Waltz – luvthelighthouse
After the Thrill Is Gone - whitcap
Lyin' Eyes - Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14
Hollywood Waltz 6/18

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round 5 begins after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song won a Grammy?

whitcap
06-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Lyin eyes
too many hands immune

Eve
06-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Lyin eyes

too many hands immune

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Dang. you guys are ON IT! This is fun!

You're all right, but whitcap was first!

Round 5 begins NOW!

Eve
06-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Lyin eyes
too many hands immune

HIGH FIVE!!!:partytime:

EagleLady
06-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Grrrr One of these DAYS TOO MANY HANDS WILL BE GONE!!!!

I vote for After The Thrill is gone

Freypower
06-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah. I like Too Many Hands a lot, but I sympathise with everyone who thinks it should have gone by now. Oh well.

I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone, which actually was to be my next vote.

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Well I love Too Many Hands myself!

This game sure is playing out interestingly!

UK TimFan
06-18-2010, 08:32 PM
My vote is for 'After the thrill is gone'.

Shadowland07
06-18-2010, 08:32 PM
my vote is for Lyin' Eyes

Eve
06-18-2010, 08:54 PM
I vote for "After the Thrill is Gone."

Koala
06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Oh no, not again Too Many Hands immune! I like TMH, however, the others I find better! Then I don't know for which song I should vote! I must think about it and hear the album!

Peekaboo
06-19-2010, 05:55 AM
This really shakes things up for me now that Too Many Hands is immune because my top four are so close that I hate to even vote for any of them but I've gotta vote for one. I vote for Take It To The Limit. Please know that I really do love this song, both Randy's and Glenn's version, but it wasn't behind my top 3 by very much at all...just a smidge.

Prettymaid
06-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Lol! At this rate the only thing that's going to stop TMH from winning is the fact that there is no immunity for the second to last and the last rounds!

tequila girl
06-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Too many hands immune again!!!......................

well, my vote is going to have to be for Lyin' Eyes again then :shrug:

EagleLady
06-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Lyin Eyes! No No No, :-(

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2010, 08:45 PM
IMHO I think it is time that TMH was voted off. Its not in the same league as the remaining songs. More for strategic purposes than anything else, I vote for 'Take It To The Limit' this round.

Eve
06-19-2010, 10:42 PM
IMHO "Too Many Hands" is just as good as the other songs left.

bernie's bender
06-19-2010, 11:20 PM
you can never have.....

too many hands!:thumbsup:

Lyin' Eyes is wonderful and long and a really fun song to play...

I vote for it to be eliminated!

Long live Too Many Hands!

eaglesvet
06-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh. My. Goodness. I have finally dragged myself out from the confines of my other life to resurface just in time to join this game in progress...and I must first apologize for going MIA for sooo long! Trust me, I did miss you guys! I can't even name one particular thing that kept me from being able to check in here for at least the last month...I guess it was just the dreaded combination of being too overcommitted with committees and end-of-year activities at my kids' school, plus finally getting busy again at work after a woefully slow spring, plus who-knows-what-else. Anyway, I've got one more busy week coming up (Ethan is graduating 8th grade and we're planning a party, plus other assorted events)...and then hopefully things will get back to normal and I can get back to the Border!

OK, now that I've got that confession off my chest...I cast my vote for:

Lyin' Eyes

whitcap
06-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes

EagleLady
06-20-2010, 12:11 AM
OK EVERYONE WHO HASN'T VOTED YET SAVE LYIN EYES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THE HATE FOR LYIN EYES. Vote for After The Thrill has gone

Freypower
06-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't understand the way this game has played out, full stop.

I could launch into a passionate defence of Lyin' Eyes but there does not seem much point, except that if there is any justice at all it should be in the final two songs.

AzEaglesFan
06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
I vote for After The Thrill is Gone

Wildthyme
06-20-2010, 01:20 AM
My vote this round goes to After The Thrill Is Gone.

Koala
06-20-2010, 06:30 AM
I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone.

luvthelighthouse
06-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Lyin' Eye's won a freaking Grammy... and it's in the process of being voted off before TMH. I'm sorry, I do not even get that. I've mentioned before, Lyin' Eyes has always been one of my all time favorite songs... ever! It was LE's that made me buy my first Eagles CD. I wasn't sure it would be in the final two, but now way should it be fifth!

I understand why some may not like ATTIG. I love it. However, I get why others may not think it's that great. IMO, it's underrated. However, TMH's does not have the star quality of TITTL, LE or OOTN. Those three songs have staying power, the opening lines of OOTN grabs you, LE sets a picturesque story, TITTL drifts you off...

Okay, while I love it, I am going to cast my vote for After the Thrill is Gone! (save lyin' eyes)

GlennLover
06-20-2010, 11:10 AM
NOT LYIN' EYES!!!!

I cast my vote for After The Thrill Is Gone

I love it but LE is one of my all time favorite songs & one of the songs that is truly part of the "soundtrack of my life".

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow, I'm astounded at Lyin' Eyes getting so many votes!

I cast my vote for After the Thrill Is Gone!

06-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey everyone - Just got to steal a few minutes so I could pop in and vote. No offense to Eve, but I sure hope someone can beat her to the immunity question when this round ends tonight or at least convince her to make something else immune. :lol: Sorry Eve, I know you like the song, but I'd bet the majority of folks would agree that Two Many Hands has lasted in this game a lot longer than it deserves. Personally, it boggles my mind that it will outlast After the Thrill Is Gone, but it is inconceivable to me that it would outlast One of These Nights, Lyin' Eyes, or Take It To the Limit. It appears that ATTIG will go next, so I am going to vote strategically ...

Eve
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Actually, I only won it immunity once.

And it is JUST a game. If it was to see what everyone's favorite song was, somebody would just do a poll.

luvthelighthouse
06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
If it was to see what everyone's favorite song was, somebody would just do a poll.

I can only speak for myself... but if LE's (my fav) made it to the final two, I don't know if I would vote for it. I know that sounds strange... I love it, I love the story it tells, but musically, I think the other songs may be stronger on the whole.

Eve
06-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I can only speak for myself... but if LE's (my fav) made it to the final two, I don't know if I would vote for it. I know that sounds strange... I love it, I love the story it tells, but musically, I think the other songs may be stronger on the whole.

But, but...it won the GRAMMY!! That means it's the best! ;)

06-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Actually, I only won it immunity once.

And it is JUST a game. If it was to see what everyone's favorite song was, somebody would just do a poll.

Sorry, Eve - you are right, I should have included whitcap in my post as well. :lol:

However, I repeat - my remarks were not intended to offend anyone, so I don't mean it against either of you personally, and hope you all don't take it that way. You are right, this is just a game, and my comments were intended to encourage voters to employ another strategy to save the songs they like. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I vote for After The Thrill Is Gone. I adore it but, given that Too Many Hands is immune, I've got to go with it next. Voting with my heart.

GREAT to see you back, EV!

Shadowland07
06-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Lyin Eyes is great and all, but c'mon. Don't get me wrong, i love the song and everything about it but After the Thrill is Gone is just better. The solo, the way Don and Glenn sing their parts. Everything just works.

pueblo47
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
My vote is After The Thrill Is Gone

EagleLady
06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Um Lyin Eyes actually won a grammy, After The Thrill is Gone did not. Nuff said

The_Girl_Of_Summer
06-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I Cast My Vote for Lyin' Eyes

Brooke
06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Just made it in here in time to vote! It boggles my mind that TMH could possibly be in the finals, but what can we do?

It looks like ATTIG will go this time (what a shame), so I'm voting strategically, too.

I cast my vote for Take It To The Limit. Love it, but not as much as OOTN, LE, or even ATTIG.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2010, 06:59 PM
First---EV, glad to see you back!!!

IMHO, there is no freakin' way LE or ATTIG is inferior to TMH!! What the heck?

As much as it pains me, of the remaining songs, this is my least favorites so I must vote for it...

I painfully vote for After The Thrill Is Gone.

Freypower
06-20-2010, 07:05 PM
But, but...it won the GRAMMY!! That means it's the best! ;)

Honestly, I don't think anyone claimed that Lyin' Eyes is a better song because it won a Grammy (although I note EL's last post). The Grammy it won, need I say, was for Best Pop Vocal Performance by Duo or Group. It deserved that. It not only deserved it because it has awesome harmonies but because - guess what - the lead vocal is absolutely compelling. It has beautiful guitar work and a chugging rhythm section and it tells a fascinating story. It is one of the band's greatest ever songs.

I had to do that. I wish I could have been a bit more convincing.

Prettymaid
06-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Welcome back EV! Hope you're able to pop in more often!

ATTIG is going tonight and needs no more help from me, so

I cast my vote for One Of These Nights

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 08:07 PM
The fifth song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is After the Thrill Is Gone. "After the Thrill Is Gone," it's a good thing you don't care about winning because the tribe has spoken, and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
After the Thrill Is Gone - 13
Lyin' Eyes - 6
Take It to the Limit - 3
One of These Nights - 2

Vote Breakdown
After the Thrill Is Gone - EagleLady
After the Thrill Is Gone - Freypower
After the Thrill Is Gone - AzEaglesFan
After the Thrill Is Gone - WildThyme
After the Thrill Is Gone - Koala
After the Thrill Is Gone - luvthelighthouse
After the Thrill Is Gone - GlennLover
After the Thrill Is Gone - sodascouts
After the Thrill Is Gone - Troubadour
After the Thrill Is Gone - pueblo47
After the Thrill Is Gone - TimothyBFan
Lyin' Eyes - Shadowland07
Lyin' Eyes - bernie's bender
Lyin' Eyes - eaglesvet
Lyin' Eyes - whitcap
Lyin' Eyes - The Girl of Summer
Take It to the Limit - Peekaboo
Take It to the Limit - Glennsallnighter
Take It to the Limit - Brooke
One of These Nights - Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14
Hollywood Waltz 6/18

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit

Voting for Round 6 begins after the following immunity question is answered:

Which of the songs was a number one single on Billboard?

whitcap
06-20-2010, 08:08 PM
One of these nights
take it to the limit immune

Eve
One of these nights

Take it to the Limit immune

Freypower
One Of These Nights

Lyin' Eyes immune

Wildthyme
One of These Nights

If I am right, Lyin' Eyes immune

Shadowland07
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
well i vote for...Lyin Eyes. Too Many Hands is better than it

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
You were all right, and you were all super-fast, but once again whitcap gets it in a second ahead. The girl types quickly! ;)

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT is immune.

Round 6 starts NOW!

Eve
06-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Lyin Guys
Er I mean Lyin Eyes...

bernie's bender
06-20-2010, 08:11 PM
down goes lyin eyes!

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Shadowland, votes cast before the round officially starts don't count. You can cast it again, though, now that the round has started.

Eve
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM

LOL! That's a good vote though Shadowland

Shadowland07
06-20-2010, 08:15 PM
lol sorry new at this. my vote is for Lyin Eyes. Long live Too Many Hands!!! :headbang:

Troubadour
06-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Surely the time has come for this song to leave. I vote for Too Many Hands.

UK TimFan
06-20-2010, 08:19 PM
My vote is for 'Too many hands'.
I do like it, but I like the other three songs more. :)

AzEaglesFan
06-20-2010, 08:23 PM

sodascouts
06-20-2010, 08:24 PM
I know everyone's gonna think I'm crazy, but....

Freypower
06-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Too Many Hands won't hear a sound when it turns around and sees that it has FINALLY been voted off.

Prettymaid
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I know everyone's gonna think I'm crazy, but....

Yeah, crazy like a fox! ;)

Eve
06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Too Many Hands won't hear a sound when it turns around and sees that it has FINALLY been voted off.

Yes but not before it got to say, cue 'n Sync, "BYE BYE BYE" to After the Thrill is Gone. !!

Freypower
06-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Yes but not before it got to say, cue 'n Sync, "BYE BYE BYE" to After the Thrill is Gone. !!

Regardless, I believe that my comment reflects majority opinion. Also, as I said earlier, I am one of those who actually prefers Too Many Hands over After The Thrill Is Gone.

eaglesvet
06-21-2010, 12:17 AM
I cast my vote for

Too Many Hands

Koala
06-21-2010, 01:12 AM

tequila girl
06-21-2010, 05:33 AM
At Last......I get to vote for Too Many Hands

TimothyBFan
06-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Well about flippin' time...... I vote for....

TOO MANY HANDS

Troubadour
06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Off-topic, but I am lovin' your av, Willie! Very cool indeed.

EagleLady
06-21-2010, 10:39 AM

EagleLady
06-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Um no. Lyin Eyes actually won an award and too many hands didn't so enough said. I don't get why you hate the song anyway.

GlennLover
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I vote Too Many Hands

Eve
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Um no. Lyin Eyes actually won an award and too many hands didn't so enough said. I don't get why you hate the song anyway.

People can like or dislike any song they choose. It's all subjective. Just because the members of some academy decide that one song should win an award does not mean that everybody should automatically like it.

I hate peas.

EagleLady
06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Well I guess I don't understand.

TimothyBFan
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
People can like or dislike any song they choose. It's all subjective. Just because the members of some academy decide that one song should win an award does not mean that everybody should automatically like it.

I hate peas.

Darn it Eve--I LOVE peas!! I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore!! :hilarious:

Eve
06-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Darn it Eve--I LOVE peas!! I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore!! :hilarious:

LOL! See I hate peas, but I have nothing against anybody that does like them and I don't keep myself up at night worrying "how in the world people can LIKE peas!!"

Brooke
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank God!

I vote for Too Many Hands!

Shadowland07
06-21-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't hate Lyin Eyes, its just not as rockin as Too Many Hands. Jeez...

Wildthyme
06-22-2010, 04:02 AM
My vote this round is for One of These Nights.

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2010, 05:20 AM
I vote this round for Too Many Hands

eaglesvet
06-22-2010, 08:11 AM
LOL! See I hate peas, but I have nothing against anybody that does like them and I don't keep myself up at night worrying "how in the world people can LIKE peas!!"
Hey, let's keep poor defenseless veggies out of this, OK?

whitcap
06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Hitler was man of the year in time magazine. not sayin, just sayin.:thumbsup:

Milli Vanilli won an award too!

if 'city girls just seem to find out early' does this imply that country girls find out late? or are the country girls victims of too many hands or is that the country girls can open doors with more than a smile because they have too many hands?

And why are people coming in anyway? is it to do the hollywood waltz?

If Randy, indeed, does take 'it' to the the limit, is he also a victim of too many hands? is 'same dances in the same old shoes' euphemistic for the ford administration? and, had they used 'boots' rather than shoes, how would it have been rimed? would they have referenced the impact of poor hair coloring?

bartender. BARTENDER!

tequila girl
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Keep takin' the tablets BB :? :laugh:

EagleLady
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM

if 'city girls just seem to find out early' does this imply that country girls find out late? or are the country girls victims of too many hands or is that the country girls can open doors with more than a smile because they have too many hands?

And why are people coming in anyway? is it to do the hollywood waltz?

If Randy, indeed, does take 'it' to the the limit, is he also a victim of too many hands? is 'same dances in the same old shoes' euphemistic for the ford administration? and, had they used 'boots' rather than shoes, how would it have been rimed? would they have referenced the impact of poor hair coloring?

bartender. BARTENDER!

What is your point exactly? are you trying to be funny?

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
winning awards (period) is nice, but not necessarily an indicator of greatness or lasting value.

Moby Dick was out of print for many years.
Most of William Faulkners books had poor sales and were out of print (and won no awards) yet, Faulkner's work and his value continues to grow in american letters.

so, the point that lyin' eyes won an award is fine as a 'neener neener' but, it as a measure of artistic merit, not so much. Remember when Jethro Tull won for best heavy metal band?

see, it is all 'grasp able', right?

http://healthycattips.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cat-scratching.jpg

EagleLady
06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, but which song is remembered more? Not Too Many Hands that's for sure.

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
there is a tomb in almost every country for the most important soldiers who fell during battle and were lost in the fog of war and to this day, as singularly the most important warriors to their respective countries are UNKNOWN.

Popularity is important if you want to be a cheerleader or a mean girl.

If one wishes to be truly great, 'being well known' is not the central concern.

I have no quibble with Lyin Eyes... but, ponder this... had too many hands not followed it on the LP, maybe people would not have lifted the strong arm of the record player to return it to Lyin Eyes...

Your honor, the defense rests! Tip your waitresses, I'll be here ALLLLLLLLLLL
week.

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Lets see... TITTL is immune, OOTN has way too many votes against it, LE is amongst my favorite songs of all time, although not my favorite Eagles song (hmmm... how is that even possible :headscratch: )

Therefore I vote for Too Many Hands!

Is there another immunity question, or are we free of that after this round?

Eve
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM

bartender. BARTENDER!

LOL! I was going to mention that...The Milli Vanilli bit.

pueblo47
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes

EagleLady
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I also find it interesting how Randy fans are voting For Lyin' Eyes

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
i guess every form of refuge has its price.

Freypower
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
I am going to pass over the above Milli Vanilli comment and repeat that at least in my opinion Lyin' Eyes is not a better song because it won a Grammy and neither are the other Eagles songs that won Grammy awards.

(Honestly, if I said I Dreamed There Was No War was the best track on LROOE you would think I was crazy. I like it but that's all).

I think that the majority of people here who think Lyin' Eyes is a great song think so because it IS. I'm sorry that this 'it won a Grammy' stuff has obscured this.

People have every right to express preferences but they should also respect the preferences of others.

sodascouts
06-22-2010, 05:52 PM
No obscuring going on here. Folks are just making a great deal of sport over a certain opinion that only one person playing the game actually subscribes to. In the end, I daresay no one is changing his/her vote over it; Lyin' Eyes will rise or fall on its own merits, as will the other two.

And hey, it's just a game! If people disagree with my opinions, I don't hate on 'em, I just pity their lack of taste. ;) (For those without a sense of humor, the preceding sentence was a joke).

There are no more immunity questions, LTL.

Prettymaid
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I cast my vote for One Of These Nights.

06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Well I've honestly lost track of all this bantering between Lyin' Eyes and Too Many Hands. I totally agree that everyone should be respectful of others opinions, and how much someone likes a song is purely subjective. However, I am a bit confused about whether anyone is trying to say that they think Too Many Hands is actually a better song than Lyin' Eyes. If so, I haven't seen anyone try to make a case for this. I think debating about whether a song is good or not is different than talking about how much you like it. The way we rate the quality of a song isn't entirely subjective.

In any event, my vote would definitely go to Too Many Hands this time if necessary. However, it appears that it is thankfully going down this time without my help, so ...

sodascouts
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
The sixth song to be voted off of One of these Nights Survivor is Too Many Hands. "Too Many Hands," I know you want to stay, but too many votes have been cast for you, and it's draggin' you down. The tribe has spoken, and it's time for you to leave the island. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Too Many Hands - 13
Lyin' Eyes - 5
One of These Nights - 4

Vote Breakdown
Too Many Hands - Troubadour
Too Many Hands - UK TimFan
Too Many Hands - AzEaglesFan
Too Many Hands - Freypower
Too Many Hands - eaglesvet
Too Many Hands - Koala
Too Many Hands - tequila girl
Too Many Hands - TimothyBFan
Too Many Hands - EagleLady
Too Many Hands - GlennLover
Too Many Hands - Brooke
Too Many Hands - Glennsallnighter
Too Many Hands - luvthelighthouse
Lyin' Eyes - Eve
Lyin' Eyes - bernie's bender
Lyin' Eyes - Shadowland07
Lyin' Eyes - whitcap
Lyin' Eyes - pueblo47
One of These Nights - Wildthyme
One of These Nights - Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Visions 6/12
I Wish You Peace 6/14
Hollywood Waltz 6/18
Too Many Hands 6/22

Songs remaining:
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit

No more immunity. Round 7 begins NOW!

Eve
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Lyin Eyes

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
But he knows where she's goin' as she's leavin' ......

Lyin' Eyes

whitcap
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes.

EagleLady
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Sadly, I must vote off Lyin Eyes

bernie's bender
06-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Sadly, I must vote off Lyin Eyes

nooooooooooooooooo! it is no fun if we aren't scrappin'!

That poor girl is never gonna git to leave gramps and get out on the town... now she's stuck watchin' wheel of fortune while Don drifts off to sleep 'in his chair'

ha ha!:censored:

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Just tossing this out there... what song do you want up against the song you want to win.

I thought it would come down to TITTL against OOTN. However, If "I" wanted OOTN to win, I'd try to vote off TITTL now... because IMO, OOTN stands a better shot against LE than TITTL does. :)

Now, which song do I want to win? :headscratch:

Peekaboo
06-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I missed the last round and i must say that it was certainly interesting reading the last few pages. Although it didn't need my help, I would've voted for Too Many Hands during the last round. The final three are as I predicted and I'm glad that they all made it this far. I wish we could just call it a three-way tie right now. If we had done this one year ago and it was these songs in the top 3 I'm pretty certain that I would be voting for Lyin Eyes next but not now. It used to be a song that I would skip over but that changed about a year ago when I finally really listened to the song. It slowly moved up on my favorite Eagles songs list but it moved way up, into my top 10, after the May 1st concert in San Jose (Lou, you know what I'm talking about). That performance of Lyin Eyes was breathtaking and very swoon worthy. It has very nearly turned me over to the Glenn side. I couldn't stop listening to that song for the longest time after the concert. Imo, it's a great song. My statement here about Lyin Eyes doesn't necessarily mean that I want it to win. I just wanted to express my opinion on the song and the reason I won't be voting for it during this round. So, my vote goes to Take It To The Limit.

Freypower
06-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Peek, I wish to state that I appreciate those sentiments, although I am for a change withholding my vote for a while.

Koala
06-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I vote for One of These Nights

Freypower
06-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Well, I am happy to vote now, and frankly I no longer care about the result. The last three finished where they should and they are all winners.

In this round though I vote for Take It To The Limit.

tequila girl
06-23-2010, 04:31 AM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes

Prettymaid
06-23-2010, 07:37 AM
This could have easily gone another way. Whitcap could have made TMH immune the last round instead of TITTL, and it would have ended up in the final three. I cringe to think of the comments that would have caused! :hilarious:

I'm going to vote later.

TimothyBFan
06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
No obscuring going on here. Folks are just making a great deal of sport over a certain opinion that only one person playing the game actually subscribes to. In the end, I daresay no one is changing his/her vote over it; Lyin' Eyes will rise or fall on its own merits, as will the other two.

And hey, it's just a game! If people disagree with my opinions, I don't hate on 'em, I just pity their lack of taste. ;) (For those without a sense of humor, the preceding sentence was a joke).

There are no more immunity questions, LTL.

I'm still giggling about this post three or four pages ago!! Geesh--ain't it the truth!!! :hilarious:

As expected, these 3 songs are remaining and I have to agree with Freypower---I really don't care which one wins. LOVE all three of these songs. That being said, I have always (or at least for the last 25 years or so) proclaimed that TITTL is my favorite Eagles song ever. 99% of the time, I guess I still feel that way but my favorite honestly could be any of over a half dozen songs any more. It changes with my mood now days. :headscratch:

I guess I will vote for the one that I think will probably go down this round anyways. To be honest the only reason it is just a smidgen less appealing to me is it sounds the most "country" (and in the back of my mind, I hear my husband saying "you know they're country right?").:-x

My vote this round is for Lyin' Eyes.

Brooke
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Thankfully, the remaining three are what they should be. I love each of them, but

I vote for Take It To The Limit to leave this game next.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I Vote for Lyin' Eyes

Troubadour
06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I love the remaining songs, and I think it's absolutely right that they are the final three. I don't want to vote for any of them but, with regret, I'll go for Take It To The Limit.

It's a gorgeous song and I adore the way the guys perform it now in concert, but in the presence of OOTN and Lyin' Eyes, I guess it just loses out. OOTN is sexy. I love Don's vocals and the lyrics, and I can't help thinking what a brave, 'different' kind of song it is for the Eagles. Sexy and funky... Those first chords get me every time.

Lyin' Eyes has grown on me tremendously in the past few years. At first, it wasn't one of my favourites, but now I freakin' LOVE it. The first time I heard it live (in Birmingham) made me appreciate it a lot more. The audience knew every word and it had a real nostalgic feel to it. I love that it has quite a country sound, and I love the story-telling aspect of the song. Glenn's vocals are smooth and absolutely perfect for the song. As Jess hinted - we also have special feelings towards it after the San Jose show. Glenn really made it incredible for us that night. If we weren't in love with Lyin' Eyes before that show, we absolutely were afterwards!

sodascouts
06-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Like you, my love for a song got amped up at San Jose - but it was for "Take It to the Limit"! Geez guys! Of course, that's always been my favorite one anyway. Last time we played this game TITTL didn't even make it to the final round. I will be really disappointed if that happens again! It is not only my favorite Eagles songs, but one of my favorites EVER!

pueblo47
06-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I vote for Lyin' Eyes

UK TimFan
06-23-2010, 07:24 PM
My vote is for Lyin' eyes.

Peekaboo
06-23-2010, 07:46 PM
As Jess hinted - we also have special feelings towards it after the San Jose show. Glenn really made it incredible for us that night. If we weren't in love with Lyin' Eyes before that show, we absolutely were afterwards!

I'm pretty sure Lyin' Eyes wasn't the only thing we loved after that show :wink:. Glenn is quite the charmer during the concerts.