PDA

View Full Version : Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductees - Henley and Frey

Ive always been a dreamer
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I noticed in the Eagles' history calendar that today is the 10th anniversary of Don and Glenn being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. I decided to do a little research and was surprised to discover that the SHOF is just a "virtual museum". Apparently, there has never been enough money raised to build a physical one. The website is quite impressive though and worth checking out if you are interested in this stuff. Here is the link ...

http://www.songwritershalloffame.org/exhibits/era

I must say in scanning the list of inductees that Don and Glenn are in some pretty elite company. Way to go guys ...

Happy 10th Anniversary Don and Glenn!!!

Brooke
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TWO OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES! :iloveyou:

sodascouts
06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
:applause::applause::applause:
They certainly deserved it!

MikeA
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
You can kinda get lost in that SWHOF virtual document! A lot of great stories there.

06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
I agree Mike. I'm going to have to find some time to set aside to go through the site well. I also was thinking as I went through the list that I wanted to go back over it to see if there are any glaring omissions - I'm sure there must be.

And dammitol - I need to learn how to check for spelling errors and typos in the thread titles - I think this must be the third or fourth thread that I've started recently that has a typo - and I don't think you can go back and edit them unfortunately. :-x

Prettymaid
06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I always wanted to be a sogwriter...I just never wrote enough sogs! :hilarious:

Congratulations on your 10 years in the SWHOF, Glenn and Don!

EagleLady
06-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I never knew what a Sogwriter was :hilarious:

Congrats Glenn and Don

06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
:yay: - I was able to fix my typo in the title!

Now, PM - you can aspire to be a songwriter too. :wink: