PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hey It's Saturday Appearance

Freypower
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
I have the interview the band did with the Australian TV show Hey Hey It's Saturday. I don't know how to upload it to YouTube or anything like that but I have screen captures.

There was nothing new. The host Daryl Somers was obviously nervous and asked them pretty much the same stuff they are always asked. First was what are your demographics to which Glenn replied 'Two to toothless'!

They talked about LROOE with Glenn explaining how the 'stars had to line up' before they recorded it and how they devoted 2005-2007 to it.

Then there were some nice mentions of Australia - Don in particular saying that the audiences are great there and he thought this would be the fourth or fifth time they've been there (it will be the fourth). He said he went to some wildlife reserves last time, Glenn mentioned the Australia Zoo, while Joe said he has friends he looks forward to seeing.

They said they remember touring now unlike the 70s. Joe said 'our groupies are grandmothers'. Glenn said they try to sleep.

Somers asked them 'how can you still sing in falsetto'? Glenn said to Tim in a high pitched voice 'why don't you answer that Timothy' and Don said 'yeah' also high pitched. Tim just smiled and went into the 'we rehearse a lot' bit and that was when Circle Of Fear got a rehash with Don saying how they always fix things at soundcheck.

The most embarrassing part was when Somers said to Tim 'you've played with everyone but you played on Glenn Shorrock's solo album' (Shorrock was the LRB singer who worked with Glenn in 1988 ). Tim said 'I was gonna say 'I DID'? There just HAS to be the cringeworthy Australian angle. He gets an opportunity like this and he comes up with that? Tim was polite, of course.

Then there was a short clip of the Raleigh Hotel California performance.

I will post the screen shots in the relevant photo threads.

sodascouts
06-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the summary! Did they perform on the show? Did Glenn mention his relationship with the LRB? It appears Joe chose not to mention the "Party Boys" tour he did down under in the 80s. lol

Freypower
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
They didn't perform. Glenn didn't mention 1988. It was Daryl Somers who mentioned the Party Boys, not Joe.

Koala
06-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the summary!:)

Prettymaid
06-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks FP. I've already been to the photo threads and those are great screen caps!

Koala
07-19-2010, 02:37 AM
I found a video at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cng7YcTAbfs&feature=related

Freypower
07-19-2010, 03:08 AM
That is great, Koala. I didn't actually see the second part which was the following week.

So what do people make of Glenn's comments about next year being for 'writing' and perhaps going back into the studio?

I also noticed that he said they 'liked the setlist'. Well, I would like it better if he sang a couple more songs. However they seem genuinely excited about bringing the tour here.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
OMG - that was fun! Loved hearing about their kids. And how unbelievable would it be if these guys would put out another album! But, the downside of it is that it doesn't sound like they are going to be on the road much next year. Maybe we'll get more solo shows. As you can probably tell, my mind is racing. It sounds like they're not ready for the rocking chair. But, as we know with this band, we'll just have to wait and see. In any event, thanks for posting that, Koala.

Super Frey
07-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I hadn't seen that yet, thanks for sharing it was awesome!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
07-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I was very pleased with that interview. We have them going out to pasture and Glenn has them writing songs and recording! These guys aren't done yet!

They all look so good in that video, especially Joe. :inlove:

sodascouts
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
oh my freaking gosh - songwriting??? Going back into the studio??? PLEASE let this happen!!!

At the very least, I love Glenn's "Once a songwriter, always a songwriter." Never let the music stop, guys!

Freypower
07-19-2010, 09:56 PM
oh my freaking gosh - songwriting??? Going back into the studio??? PLEASE let this happen!!!

At the very least, I love Glenn's "Once a songwriter, always a songwriter." Never let the music stop, guys!

Yes....although look at Glenn's songs on LROOE. How Long, Somebody & ILTWAWD were not written by Glenn, who sings them. If he's a songwriter then let's see some songs.

sodascouts
07-19-2010, 10:04 PM
It's not unusual for the Eagles to mix in some covers. Besides, LROOE sees Glenn's first forays into songwriting by himself since 1982's "All Those Lies" (I'm counting "No More Cloudy Days" with the LROOE stuff). He wrote or co-wrote 50% of the songs. Give the guy a break!

Freypower
07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Yes, I know, that's true. I have to keep reminding myself about not only NMCD but IDTWNW.... but I suppose I would like to see more credits that say 'Henley-Frey' instead of 'Henley-Smith' which is what BAU & WITW are.

The thing I would love more than anything, if a new album DOES happen, would be for Glenn to sing the title track, because he's never done that.

TimothyBFan
07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Four magic words we all have been waiting to hear --- BACK IN THE STUDIO!!! :thumbsup:

Joe: "My kids fall asleep half way through the show." :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Did anyone else also notice how much more comfortable Glenn looks in this video compared to the clips where he was with Natalie Mains promoting the summer tour?

Brooke
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes, they did look much more comfy this time.

They seemed very upbeat and at ease.

And I'm telling ya, Joe is smokin' hot these days! :thud: (Don't tell Glenn I said that.) :wink:

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
And I'm telling ya, Joe is smokin' hot these days! :thud: (Don't tell Glenn I said that.) :wink:

A-HA!!! Now I know why you were eye-ballin' my avatar in the Walsh thread! :hilarious: C'mon Brooke, time to switch to the Joe side! All the cool kids are doing it!

Brooke
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
One thing for sure, he's making it very hard on me these days! I don't know what's going on, but.......well, just look at him! :drool:

Peekaboo
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
:thumbsup: Great interview!! I like that Glenn stays current with music today. And how can their kids not be impressed by what they do? I mean, their dads are freaking ROCK STARS!!!

One thing for sure, he's making it very hard on me these days! I don't know what's going on, but.......well, just look at him! :drool:

I think the same goes for many of us here. Joe is looking mighty fine these days.

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't know what's going on, but.......well, just look at him! :drool:

Joe's had a rock star makeover!

Freypower
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I thought Glenn looked pretty good too....

TimothyBFan
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Joe who?:shrug:

ticky
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Willie, the OTHER long haired guy *G*

Prettymaid
07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I thought Glenn looked pretty good too....

Joe who?:shrug:

Okay, okay, I see what's going on here. :hmm: The goofy, crazy-dressing guy has turned into a rock star hunk and you people are jealous because everybody thinks he's hot! :nahnah: :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Now, now, there's enough Eagle Hotness to go around! ;)

Eagles hotness is very plentiful - that's for sure!!!

And Brooke - I agree that Glenn looks a lot more comfortable here.

Brooke
07-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Well, for me, all the guys are hot, but Joe has made a major transformation and is just standing out more. I'm thinking Marjorie has had a big influence on him.

And I love it! :heart:

tbs fanatic
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
That was neat. Thanks for finding it. :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, Eagles' hotness is very plentiful - that's for sure! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

And PM - I agree that Glenn sure looked a lot more comfortable in this interview than he did in those interviews with Natalie.

Super Frey
07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
They all look good. :smitten: I agree, with you dreamer, he did seem to look more comfortable in this interview.