PDA

View Full Version : Camping with the Eagles!

bernie's bender
06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Well, kids, it is summer time which means it is time to get out the coleman stove, the tent and get the gang into the woods, the lake, the ocean for a little camping.....

Each of us has a style for camping, some have pup tents, some rent cabins, some have an rv...

If you went camping with the boys... what 'style' do you suppose they would have?

I could see Timmy in a yurt or tipi.... bernie strikes me as an old army sleeping back (a mummy bag) on the ground, no tent... Stu would probably either borrow a tent or just sleep in someone else's tent that was already there....

Felder would probably put up a beatiful room tent and then complain about where he had to put it up...

What would camp look like with the Eagles?

Lisa
06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Camping--outdoors --! I doubt that there'll be too many old-timers out there this year!

ticky
06-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Ohh,.. this has been a fantasy of mine for many years *G* we have a cabin in the mountains with a bunk house and three bedrooms (well two currently but we're adding one this summer) I dont know if you can call it camping as it's pretty plush, but there's a river, no phone and no internet (altho we do have a computer) TV-no tv reception- DVD, hot and cold running water, electricity, Flush toilets, etc and my brother and I have discussed building an amphitheater as we both play guitar and my cousin has a band who'd love it too. So.. we have the facility! we just need the boys *G* COME ON DOWN, YA'LL!!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
What would camp look like with the Eagles?

Hmmm - I'm thinking either a five-star hotel room or either a 4,000 square foot luxury cabin on a lake or beach. You know - kinda like Glenn's pleasure homes in Snowmass, Palm Springs, and Hawaii. :lol:

I have to admit though, I'm not much of a tent camper myself. I'm more in ticky's camp! :wink:

Eve
06-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't camp unless there is hot and cold running water, a toilet, shower, and an espresso machine.
But...if the million dollar motor home is rocking, don't come knocking.

Troubadour
06-27-2010, 06:59 PM
My fantasy is that Don would completely rough it. Probably a MILLION miles away from reality, but what with all his environmental, 'getting my hands dirty' stuff, I like to think he'd be more than happy with a plain old canvas tent, some sticks, a saucepan, and a nearby bush. Maybe we could even do away with the tent and just sleep under the stars...

If not - Ticky's sounds good to me!

Brooke
06-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmmm - I'm thinking either a five-star hotel room or either a 4,000 square foot luxury cabin on a lake or beach. You know - kinda like Glenn's pleasure homes in Snowmass, Palm Springs, and Hawaii. :lol:

I have to admit though, I'm not much of a tent camper.

Dreamer, this would be the perfect camping experience for me, too! :lol:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Well - I was halfway kind of joking with my answer. However, I do think the guys probably are accustomed to living life in style. But, I also think they are capable of 'roughing it' to some extent though. I'm thinking of specifically of Glenn's Expedition Earth adventure down the Colorado River. That wasn't anything for lightweights.

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
All Joe and I need are a poncho and a coonskin cap...

ticky
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
All Joe and I need are a poncho and a coonskin cap...

:steviesmack: http://tickypages.com/picturebin/flamethrower.gifhttp://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcoonskincap.gif

Brooke
06-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Well - I was halfway kind of joking with my answer. However, I do think the guys probably are accustomed to living life in style. But, I also think they are capable of 'roughing it' to some extent though. I'm thinking of specifically of Glenn's Expedition Earth adventure down the Colorado River. That wasn't anything for lightweights.

I wasn't joking. I'm not a camper. And Glenn's Expedition adventure was quite a while back. I'm guessing they don't do much camping unless they have all the comforts of home.