PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Rock Retractions

sodascouts
10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
On Twitter, there's this game where you take statements made in rock lyrics and "retract" them with a little explanation. Here's some general examples (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23rockretractions). It's silly but it can be funny, too. In this thread, we can do an Eagles version of this.

I''ll start:

- Honey, I'm sorry, I no longer believe we can chug all night. I just don't have the stamina. Hugging all night is out, too. It makes my arm cramp up.

- I'm already gone, and I'm feeling pretty bummed out. The letter that you wrote me was HARSH!!

- You know what? Where I am IS the center of the universe, and that's more than alright with me!

- Eh, I don't really feel like I've got to do something. That rocking chair looks pretty comfy.

- No, sir, you can't check out any time you like at the Hotel California. If you're not out of the room by noon, you'll be charged for an additional day.

----------------

That's how it goes. They don't have to contain the title, but the more recognizable the lyrics, the funnier it is!

Troubadour
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Believe it or not, I'd never encountered this game before! But I gave it a go. Hope these are "correct"! It was fun.

- Time passes and you must move on... but one more drink shouldn't hurt.

- I came home to an empty house, so I put on The Best ‘80s Power Ballads In The World Ever and pretended I was Bonnie Tyler for an hour or two.

- I turn on the tube and what do I see? Amateur cookery competitions, mainly..

- Your momma’s too thin, your daddy's too fat, but your brother's, like, seriously hot.

- Raven hair and ruby lips... Alice Cooper hasn’t changed.

- You can spend all your time making money... and then you can buy nice things. Like an iPad.

- Put me on a highway. Any one. Except the M27. Cos that’s a nightmare on Fridays.

- It’s another Tequila Sunrise and WOW, am I DRUNK!!!!!11

sodascouts
10-02-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL! Those work for me!

Troubadour
10-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Cool! A few more:

- If I could catch you in an unguarded moment, I’d probably try my best to scare the living crap out of you.

- You’re the only one who’s ever heard my song... So? What do you think?

- You’ve been out ridin’ fences? Well don’t ask me to pull out the splinters!

- I come before you with my heart in my hand... metaphorically... don’t freak out...

- You see it your way, I see it mine, but we both know I’m right.

luvthelighthouse
10-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I can see this being hilarious! Troub, as usual, you crack me up! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Troub and Soda, they are brilliant. I must try to come up with a few.

In the meantime.....

-I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight..... but if that doesn't suit your hotel room will do just fine.

sodascouts
10-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Hehe GA and Trou!

thought of a few more "rock retractions" in honor of The Long Run:

- Well, honey, to be honest, nowadays there might be a few debutantes in Houston who could hold a candle to you looks-wise. It's been a long run indeed.

- Actually, I can tell you why I turn around and stay. You're really hot!

- The King of Hollywood admitted, "For years I've seen 'em come and go, but I haven't had 'em all, you know. Farrah Fawcett slapped me so hard after our little heart-to-heart that it left a bruise... but that was nothing compared to the beat down I got from Lee Majors when he found out."

- "We can beat around the bushes, we can get down to the bone, we can leave it in the parking lot...." - "Um,excuse me, are you trying to come on to me? Because that actually sounds pretty painful. Why don't we just go back to my place?"

- Oh yes, I can do that in these shoes, babe. ;) Just watch me!

- We thought we could change this world with words like love and freedom.... but then we realized we wouldn't make any money that way and said "Screw that!"

MikeA
10-03-2010, 07:55 AM
"On a dark desert highway....my Maserati does 185"

"Life in the fast lane...slow down, you're moving way to fast"

"There is moonlight and moss in the trees....there is a bad moon a risin'"

Ive always been a dreamer
10-03-2010, 11:09 AM
"Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money?" Umm - both ... I loved making all that money.

Troubadour
10-03-2010, 03:57 PM
She wasn't just another woman. In fact, "she" wasn't a woman at all... but I don't really want to talk about that right now.

MikeA
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
It's a Girl my lord in a flat bed.....Uh.....forgot the rest!

EaglesFanatic
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
She wasn't just another woman. In fact, "she" wasn't a woman at all... but I don't really want to talk about that right now.
lol :rofl: very funny! Troub, you're good at this! As is everyone else of course :thumbsup: I'm enjoying reading everyone's "rock retractions"

I don't have anything to contribute to this thread yet, but I'm still thinking. Great game. I've never heard of it before!

Glennsallnighter
10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Are these just 'Band' lyrics, or can we add solo stuff in?

sodascouts
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Sure, GA, you can add solo stuff - no sweat!

TimothyBFan
10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I Can't Tell You Why, officer, I admit I just drank to much!

I've been walkin' through the fields, and on the streets of town, and I can't find that darn dog anywhere!!

Prettymaid
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
And I dream I'm on vacation 'cause I like the way that sounds. It's a perfect occupation for me ... so I'm going to stay on welfare as long as I can.

Troubadour
10-04-2010, 03:33 PM
LOL, love reading these!

- I know a place where we can go. It’s called Aruba and they do half-price fishbowl cocktails after 9. WOOOOOT!

- Crazy people walkin’ round with blood in their eyes... just another Saturday night in Bristol.

- I never will forget those nights at Whatjamacallit with You-Know-Who and Whatshisface.

- I can see you. Through my long lens. From my apartment across the street.

- The heat don't work, the toaster don't work, the car don't work... I really need to stop buying stuff from that effing shop.

10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I got seven women on my mind - damn co-workers!

MikeA
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I've got seven women on my mind....is it 5 o'clock yet?

Prettymaid
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Twenty one and strong as I can be. I know I can down a twelve pack and still make it to work the next day.

Prettymaid
10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things. That chair and ottamon look absolutely divine in that corner!

Troubadour
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
LOL!

MikeA
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Life's been good to me so far...But today I spilled my beer, my girlfirend ran off with a salesman and I found out my dog was gay!

Prettymaid
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
And you're back out on the street and you're trying to remember, "Where the hell did I park the car?"

Prettymaid
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Most of us are sad...but a few of us are just really pi**ed off.

sodascouts
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM
LOL! These are great!

TimothyBFan
10-05-2010, 08:12 AM
You guys are great at these!!! Troub---you are cracking me up and that last one by PM. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
I knew the gun was loaded but I didn't think it'd kill ---DUH!!!

10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight - but, hopefully, in a fancy cozy hotel.

Brooke
10-05-2010, 04:15 PM
:rofl: You guys are great! Me.....not so good! Thinking though.

MikeA
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Great expectations, everybody's watching you (have I got something green in my teeth?)

eaglesvet
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
OK, here come my attempts--
----------------------------------

It's comin' on the end of August...and I'm about to lose my mind if these kids don't get back to school pretty darn quick!!

No more walks in the wood...but if we hurry, we can catch a cab down to Port Authority!

And I've been waiting in the weeds...next year, I recommend you try Scotts Turf Builder.

UK TimFan
10-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Still not sure I've got the hang of this :) but......

Well, I cleaned up the kitchen and it looks so good - shame about the rest of the house.

Gonna trudge through the mud - but this is definitely the last year I come to Glastonbury.
(Non-UK inhabitants might be unfamiliar with the Glastonbury festival, but think an annual commercial Woodstock where it invariably rains and therefore everywhere is just mud.)

Do that work and go one more mile - but with these arthritic knees can I be bothered?

Nobody's always right - except me.

My plate's full - I'll start the diet tomorrow.

All week, we've been working so hard - liars, liars, pants on fire.

Something tells me this is the way to go - are these sat nav things reliable?

Troubadour
10-07-2010, 08:06 AM
LOL, UKTF, you've definitely got the hang of it! Ev, loved yours too.

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
And I've been waiting in the weeds...next year, I recommend you try Scotts Turf Builder.

Something tells me this is the way to go - are these sat nav things reliable?

My favorites from you two! :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I say, as long as you bring the funny, you've got the hang of it... and I see plenty o' that! ;)

Koala
10-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Great work everyone! :thumbsup:

MikeA
10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
All She wants to do is dance...Hruuump! Not me! With her in those shoes, that dress or lack of. And that boyfriend! Golf and playin' guitars is safer!

eaglesvet
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
lol!

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
All She wants to do is dance...Hruuump! Not me! With her in those shoes, that dress or lack of. And that boyfriend! Golf and playin' guitars is safer!

Lol Mike, thats brilliant. Is your sig Megan? She is getting BIG!

MikeA
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it's Megan. She's mellowing out toward me finally.

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
She's GORGEOUS!!