PDA

View Full Version : What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

EaglesKiwi
01-09-2011, 04:31 AM
If we're lucky enough to get a new DVD out of this concert series... what would we all like to see as the "Bonus Features" ?? :partytime:

I'd like to see one of the better known harmonies broken apart - i.e. with each of them singing their own part and then have it put back together again.

On the same sort of theme I'd like to hear a little of their individual instrumentals too. I sometimes focus so much on the beautiful vocals that I don't take in how good they are at playing...

What's involved in setting up the stage and in between each song - I lost track of how many guitars Joe played in Melbourne - but obviously there is a lot of work involved in getting the right instruments for them all in the right place for the right song.. it could be quite cool to have a bit of a "behind the scenes" look at what's involved.

A feature on how they choose what's going to be in the concert, what order it's going to be in etc...

I'd love to hear all your suggestions :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-09-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm not greedy. I'd just like to see every little detail of the behind the scenes stuff from the moment they arrive to the venue for rehearsal til the moment they leave for the next concert. :grin:

ticky
01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd love to see a small bio of each member of the band. Nothing detailed maybe just a little personal information and some candid shots of them at home and behind the scenes. I think each of them have talented children who are trying to break into the business. Perhaps they could be included in scenes performing with their parents.
I love the concert shots and the whole DVD of the concerts idea, but I really loved the intimacy of Hell Freezes Over. Im not sure how they'd accomplish that, but I'd like to see a more intimate surrounding, maybe a behind the scenes kind of angle mixed in with the concert performance.

Troubadour
01-09-2011, 02:01 PM
LOL, Jess. :nod:

I know this might be wishful thinking, but I'd just love to see more casual, improvised stuff... The "whose guitar is this?" part from Farewell 1 is one of my favourite bits ever. It's so funny, and it shows how the guys interact... Joe's gentle teasing of Don. It's so friggin' cute! I also love the interview with Glenn and Joe. Hilarious. I'd just love to see more funny outtakes, behind the scenes snippets... sound checks, the guys messing around and being "normal". They've all got great senses of humour, contrary to popular belief - I wish they'd allow them to be shown more.

MikeA
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd love to see a new DVD that came with a complimentary Strat or LP to jam along with them on. At least an effects pedal.

WalshFan88
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd love to see a new DVD that came with a complimentary Strat or LP to jam along with them on. At least an effects pedal.

:rofl:

Freypower
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I agree with Rhonda, Jess & Lou.

I suppose that I would like to see some more focus on each individual member. In fact let's be honest here. I guess I would like to see some rehearsal & soundcheck footage so I could have some In Charge stuff, like the Hole In The World DVD. If I could have that it might make up for the 'only seven songs' syndrome.

Troubadour
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Julie, I love your new signature!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
What I would love to see is a composite DVD that spans the band's whole career with rare live footage from concerts from all eras and commentary from the band. I would like to see it made as kind of an autobiographical documentary of the band narrated by the member in their own words.

Koala
01-10-2011, 03:16 AM
I don't know who of you knows When in Rome from Genesis, there is an extra DVD of the rehearsals, interviews, finding the right stage and other stuff! This DVD runs for approx. 90 min. GREAT! I wished such a thing in the kind also from the Eagles!

EaglesKiwi
01-10-2011, 03:21 AM
What I would love to see is a composite DVD that spans the band's whole career with rare live footage from concerts from all eras and commentary from the band. I would like to see it made as kind of an autobiographical documentary of the band narrated by the member in their own words.

Wow, that's a GREAT idea. Yes please!!

TimothyBFan
01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I want an inside look at Timothy B Schmit's dressing room. :hilarious:

Seriously, I like a lot of your ideas. I'm with Troub, I really like the candid, funny stuff. Show they are normal and not all serious all the time. More "behind the scenes" stuff would be great. I love the idea Koala posted. :thumbsup: A double dvd with it ALL would be wonderful!

sodascouts
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Behind-the-scenes stuff works for me, too!

I think a collection of live material over the years should be sold and packaged separately, though - a 2 DVD set of its own!

Annabel
01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
LOL, Jess. :nod:

I know this might be wishful thinking, but I'd just love to see more casual, improvised stuff... The "whose guitar is this?" part from Farewell 1 is one of my favourite bits ever. It's so funny, and it shows how the guys interact... Joe's gentle teasing of Don. It's so friggin' cute! I also love the interview with Glenn and Joe. Hilarious. I'd just love to see more funny outtakes, behind the scenes snippets... sound checks, the guys messing around and being "normal". They've all got great senses of humour, contrary to popular belief - I wish they'd allow them to be shown more.

I'm with you on this T. I never fail to laugh at the 'whose guitar is this' bit and the interview with Joe and Glenn. :hilarious: Would love to see some outtakes and more behind the scenes stuff.

If TBF has chosen the inside look of Tim's dressing room, I'll take Don's :nahnah: (with him in it of course ;)

I'm also liking the 2 DVD set of material over the years. :thumbsup:

Brooke
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Wow. How I wish for all of this stuff. Anything, really. :pray:

EaglesKiwi
01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
The stories behind writing some of the songs... oh and maybe clear up a few questions over some of the lyrics that we've all debated :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2011, 06:48 AM
I'd love any of the suggestions that everybody has made too. Everything has a place and with the technology thats available now its all very doable. I think though if I'd to pick one thing (apart from an inside seat in Glenn :heart:s dressing room :wink:) I would go for the spontaneous impromptu stuff that goes on before and after a gig. Like the 'Whose guitar is this?' footage that Lou has mentioned or some of the 'preamble' stuff on the HFO dvd. (Like the 'hope I'm wicha all night' bit) More of the interactions between the guys and the humourous quips that I'm sure they make. I love stuff that shows us that they have a human side to themselves as well as a professional one.

But whatever is on it I would LOVE a new DVD!!

Prettymaid
01-14-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm with everybody else. I want to see them talking (joking, laughing) with each other. I want interaction. Are you guys reading this? :pray:

EaglesKiwi
06-05-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm with everybody else. I want to see them talking (joking, laughing) with each other. I want interaction. Are you guys reading this? :pray:

and this part originally posted by WalshFan88

Also, about a new DVD (not to go too off topic but I wanted to mention this):

I would REALLY like it if there were some special features that really highlight the band backstage. And I would DIE for a "Gear Tour" of all of the guys' guitars, amps, pedals, mics, drums, basses, whatever. Especially Joe but it would be nice to see all of them. I would totally die and go to heaven if they did a video tour of Joe's guitar rig and he demonstrates it. :hilarious: For a gearhead like me that would be heaven. There is really no video out there of Joe or even his tech (Mark Reis) doing a rundown of his gear. I want to see it! Also some "Circle Of Fear" footage wouldn't hurt along with maybe some other backstage footage. Also I think it'd be cool if they did more interviews with each guy, INCLUDING Stu. I've never heard Stu speak or be interviewed before. Really the only video right now about Joe's guitars out there is the famous Carvin ad.

Sorry but I had to get that out there since FP brought up the fact about they haven't made a new DVD. I wanted to get that out there in case the Eagles are reading this (Ha! Wishful thinking....) and they could use my ideas! :rofl:

I have brought Austin's post over here from the "Best of F1" thread since it's relevant to this one too (hope that's okay).

I had been thinking about all their gear, I'd be fascinated to see just how much they have and how it all gets organised/labelled etc so that they get the guitar they need for the song they want it for.

I love all the interaction stuff too. :)

EaglesKiwi
06-05-2011, 06:47 AM
I'd also really love some downloads: wallpapers / screensavers / new photos... :nod:

WalshFan88
06-05-2011, 06:55 AM
I have brought Austin's post over here from the "Best of F1" thread since it's relevant to this one too (hope that's okay).

I had been thinking about all their gear, I'd be fascinated to see just how much they have and how it all gets organised/labelled etc so that they get the guitar they need for the song they want it for.

I love all the interaction stuff too. :)

I definitely would pay quite a bit to see that and have them talk about all of the gear and how they get their sound and what guitars for which songs and to hear Walsh talk about guitars and his preferences and what he likes, etc. That's all very interesting to me. Mind you I know some of it already as I had to study it for the Eagles tribute band I formed and played in for awhile. But I'd like to get up-to-date and hear it all over again! :hilarious:

StephUK
06-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I too would love to see some more 'behind the scenes' stuff. I'd like to see them doing a soundcheck before the show & some 'Circle of fear' rehearsing.
Also some tour experiences; each one of them talking about what they've loved & hated about the LROOE tour. Also I'd like to hear what the supporting musicians have to say about their experience of working with a band as famous as the Eagles.

sodascouts
06-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Any supporting musician in particular, Steph? ;)

The behind-the-scenes stuff is the best. We all love getting a peek at what we normally wouldn't see. The more there is of it, the better.

StephUK
06-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Any supporting musician in particular, Steph? ;)

I'm sure I don't know who you mean!:hilarious:
Joking aside though, it would be good to hear from ALL of them, as they've been with the Eagles for so long now; as Glenn says sometimes when he does band intros, they're part of the Eagles 'musical family'.

Freypower
06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd also really love some downloads: wallpapers / screensavers / new photos... :nod:

That's what should go on the website. They could use that for 'candid' tour photos; even the Great Wall of China photo would have been a good fit there. The neglect of that website is scandalous.

WalshFan88
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd like some wallpapers based on Joe's guitars! :D

luvthelighthouse
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I'd like to see them all getting on the plane for the first time at the beginning of a certain leg of the tour. Then have them interviewed on the plane, as it's such an informal setting. I'd like to get a feel of the energy before they set out.

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 09:13 AM
It would be cool to see their plane. I wonder if it's just a regular thing or if it's done up special like Elvis' "Lisa Marie" plane (well probably not THAT special lol).

Brooke
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see a documentary with lots of never before seen old footage of concerts and outtakes and fun stuff along with a new concert dvd with some new outtakes and fun stuff.

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
If they could get the rights to that old concert footage, they could sell it separately and make even more money! Unfortunately, if it was a TV show, they have to deal with the BBC or ABC or whoever owns the distribution rights. I'm not sure about the bootlegs like Christchurch 1995 or Houston 1976. Seems to me they could release those with no problem if they could find a good source copy... I know some British documentaries freely used bootleg clips. I could be wrong, though.

EaglesKiwi
06-08-2011, 04:32 AM
I'd like some commentary around the old footage. Maybe stuff like whether they remember the concert :nahnah:, highlights of different performances/cities, something around the audience reaction and how it affects their shows??

sodascouts
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
High quality old footage with commentary... dang! That would be something else!

Freypower
06-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I'd like some commentary around the old footage. Maybe stuff like whether they remember the concert :nahnah:, highlights of different performances/cities, something around the audience reaction and how it affects their shows??

They talked about audience reaction in the F1 DVD.

EaglesKiwi
06-09-2011, 04:03 AM
They talked about audience reaction in the F1 DVD.

Yes they did. :-)

I was hoping they might get a bit more specific - whether its by song or town/concert night...? And talk more about how it actually makes them feel - details!!

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Plus, more of a good thing never hurts!

EaglesKiwi
07-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Watching the little clip of the guitar presentation to Prince Albert & his (then) fiancee... hmm, maybe something along the lines of "special occasions / events the band has been involved with" ?

They could include solo stuff too - I watched a clip of Don doing "Democracy" at some inauguration bash from 1993(?), and I'm sure there must be LOADS more they could talk about, even if they don't have video footage of everything, they could tell the stories.

07-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Good idea, EK. You're right - there must be a lot of experiences from them to draw from and, yes, Don performed at the Clinton inauguration bash in 1993. Here is a download of Dirty Laundry from the Inaugural Ball...

Download .wmv (14 megs) (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/dirtylaundrymtvinauguralball93.wmv)

Victim of Love
07-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I would love to see a segment of the guys checking out The Border. Seeing their reactions and hearing their comments would be a riot!!!!!!!!!

Troubadour
07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
LMAO! I am blushing at the mere thought... :shy:

EaglesFanatic
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I would love to see a segment of the guys checking out The Border. Seeing their reactions and hearing their comments would be a riot!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :lol: That would be hilarious!

Brooke
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
OMG! That would be hilarious! :rofl:

EaglesKiwi
07-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Oh that would be hysterical!!

Thanks for the download, Dreamer!

EaglesKiwi
08-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Had to bring this foreward after reading about Glenn's comments at Niagara Falls.:) Maybe - just maybe - your wish might come true!
Is this the power of positive thinking or what? :hilarious:

A lot of the stuff we've talked about on this thread could be incorporated...

Brooke
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Man, this would be fabulous! I sooooo hope it happens! :pray:

Glennsallnighter
08-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Glenn :heart: didn't say it would definitely happen, but I'd say he must be confident enough if he broached the issue with the audience. There must be something in the bag so to speak. I'd say its at least at the 'serious consideration' stage.

sodascouts
08-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Glenn's talk about correcting lies told about the band makes me wonder if, in some ways, these interviews will be a response to Felder.

GlennLover
08-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Glenn's talk about correcting lies told about the band makes me wonder if, in some ways, these interviews will be a response to Felder.

Maybe so. Could be very interesting!

sodascouts
08-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Definitely. I've wanted to hear their side of it for a while. I will say that I hope they don't go to the other extreme and whitewash everything.

GlennLover
08-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Love the av, Nancy! Glad you finally got a picture of the last NF concert that you went too! The picture I took of the photo didn't turn out very well. I was so excited & so anxious to get into the theatre that I took it in a big hurry! LOL

sodascouts
08-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Mine didn't turn out that great either - it was GA who took that photo (thank you so much GA)!

Glennsallnighter
08-29-2011, 02:50 AM
You're so welcome Nancy :hug: . After Glenn :heart: photography is my other big passion, so it was great to be a le to combine both over the last week. Unfortunately with the kiddies off this weekend, and deserving of some 'Mummy time' I havent had time to do anything with my pictures yet.

EaglesKiwi
08-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Looking forward to seeing your photos when you get a moment, GA! Glad the kids are happy to have you home. :)

GlennLover
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Mine didn't turn out that great either - it was GA who took that photo (thank you so much GA)!

Thanks, GA! Looking forward to seeing your other pics once you get the chance. I'm sure the kids want most of your time after yout being away. Did they enjoy the "pressies" you brought them?

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh they loved than thanks Ann, I uploaded them to Photobucket but with school term already started and getting ready (and meeting) our new au pair for the year, I haven't had a chance to post them.

I'll get them up ASAP!

EaglesKiwi
01-07-2012, 05:33 PM
After Soda's comment in the "Don the Guitar Man" thread (sorry I don't know how to pick up a quote from another thread), I would like to see something about how they adjust the volumes in the mix for onstage (and for recordings). Some of it would be pretty obvious - lead vocalist gets turned up! - but some might be a surprise. Does it/How does it change during a song? How do they test sound levels (and lighting, come to think of it) at each venue... this could go along with the guitar tech set up stuff I mentioned earlier.

I'm guessing they have to adapt every night to each member's voice, too.

Freypower
01-07-2012, 05:44 PM
After Soda's comment in the "Don the Guitar Man" thread (sorry I don't know how to pick up a quote from another thread), I would like to see something about how they adjust the volumes in the mix for onstage (and for recordings). Some of it would be pretty obvious - lead vocalist gets turned up! - but some might be a surprise. Does it/How does it change during a song? How do they test sound levels (and lighting, come to think of it) at each venue... this could go along with the guitar tech set up stuff I mentioned earlier.

I'm guessing they have to adapt every night to each member's voice, too.

The problem with that is they would probably think that sort of topic would be too technical for most fans. Also it's more a question for the sound technicians than the band members, I would have thought.

Tori
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd personally like to see a bit of the technical stuff too, but not too much that it gets boring. I would also love to see just behind the scenes stuff where all the guys are more laid-back - we don't get to see them like that often. ;-)

01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Along with what EK and Tori say, I think it would be interesting to get an overview of everything that's involved in putting a show together from booking a venue until the final load of equipment is removed from the venue. All that "behind the scenes" stuff that shows how much work is involved may give us a better appreciation of the effort that goes into putting on a single show. I wouldn't want an entire documentary on this, but a bonus feature on the DVD may be very interesting.

Windeagle
01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Along with what EK and Tori say, I think it would be interesting to get an overview of everything that's involved in putting a show together from booking a venue until the final load of equipment is removed from the venue. All that "behind the scenes" stuff that shows how much work is involved may give us a better appreciation of the effort that goes into putting on a single show. I wouldn't want an entire documentary on this, but a bonus feature on the DVD may be very interesting.

I'd love to see that type of thing included, and I like your idea of it being a bonus feature. It's there for those who like that stuff, but won't bore those who don't.

Prettymaid
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I've said this before, but anyone who likes Paul McCartney should have his Back In the U.S. dvd. Believe me, this is the kind of stuff we want from the Eagles - live concert footage surrounded by scenes of all of the trucks going down the highway, setting up the stage and light show, rehearsals, Paul interacting with fans and crew members - the works! It's edited so well. It's not just him performing one song after another with bonus stuff afterwards. It's all broken up. It really makes it enjoyable to watch. I sure hope the Eagles put out something similar.

sodascouts
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I love behind-the-scenes stuff; not just on tour but in the studio. Of course, I am also thrilled at their plans to release improved quality old footage (I understand the limitations of older source material, but it's bound to better than the copies). I hope it will include material that isn't currently circulating.

Brooke
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I hope it's all new stuff and not just repeats of what we've already seen.

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Talking about it has made me that much more jazzed about its release. I wonder when it will be out?

Prettymaid
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM
My guess is Christmas 2012.

WalshFan88
01-16-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm still hoping they will show some techy guitar stuff too on Joe's guitars (and Stu and Glenn's for that matter too). The guitars, amps, pedalboard, all of it. There really isn't a lot of info out there on his rig other than what I've already read 100 times. I'd like to hear Joe talk shop and have HIM go through the gear, not just the tech. I'd settle for that, but I'd prefer Joe explain everything. But who knows, maybe the tech knows more than Joe about Joe's rig. :lol: I'd also like to see some backstage jamming footage and all of that.

EaglesKiwi
01-16-2012, 03:24 AM
I'd like the extras (and remember we are talking EXTRAs so we want a concert as well!!) to follow a sort of branching path - starting with one topic that then leads into others if you're interested in following it further.

But I also like the idea of the interspersed footage of performing, loading trucks, rehearsing etc all presented as one smoothly flowing whole.

Okay, I want it all!!:pray:

01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
My guess is Christmas 2012.

I agree.

I agree with this too. :wink:

sodascouts
01-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I wonder if it will include footage from this year's tour then?

Topkat
01-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I would love to see some of the backstage stuff, like PrettyMaid said is on Paul McCartney's tour. I think I did see that Back in the US tour on tv.
I like to see them set up & the backstage talk, etc., but I don't want it to be too technical. I think that would be boring to most people, (not the musicians here) but other people aren't that interested in all the equipment, the sound board, lighting. That could take an hour alone.

The Stones tour "See the Light" was a 2006 concert filmed by Martin Scorsese which also included a lot of backstage interviews, traveling & stage set up.There were also some old interviews interjected into the mix. Very interesting stuff.

EaglesKiwi
01-17-2012, 03:16 AM
I would love to see some of the backstage stuff, like PrettyMaid said is on Paul McCartney's tour. I think I did see that Back in the US tour on tv.
I like to see them set up & the backstage talk, etc., but I don't want it to be too technical. I think that would be boring to most people, (not the musicians here) but other people aren't that interested in all the equipment, the sound board, lighting. That could take an hour alone.

The Stones tour "See the Light" was a 2006 concert filmed by Martin Scorsese which also included a lot of backstage interviews, traveling & stage set up.There were also some old interviews interjected into the mix. Very interesting stuff.
I agree, that's why I think having it as an "extra" that people can choose to watch or not would work well... after all, the fan base includes everything from musically inept (me!) to professional.

I think there's huge potential to use the "extras" feature to include all sorts of goodies, and I will have all my fingers crossed that they make use of the opportunity.

WalshFan88
01-17-2012, 03:50 AM
I agree, that's why I think having it as an "extra" that people can choose to watch or not would work well... after all, the fan base includes everything from musically inept (me!) to professional.

I think there's huge potential to use the "extras" feature to include all sorts of goodies, and I will have all my fingers crossed that they make use of the opportunity.

Yeah I'd still like to see the more technical stuff. They could put it in the special features section of the DVD quite easily. I can think of one band that has already done that on a concert DVD (talk tech/guitars). I would be very disappointed not to see them talk about the guitars at least somewhat. Their fanbase does cover a lot of range from musically inept to professional musicians so I think having it as an option (not forcing you to watch it) is a good thing. And if they would put it in the main feature, there is always that button on the remote.....What's it called again?! :rofl:

TimothyBFan
01-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Here, here!!!!