PDA

View Full Version : Parker Brothers introduce new "Eagles Monopoly" - ETA THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE

sodascouts
04-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Got this in a Google alert!

====================================

http://www.randymeisneronline.com/monopoly/eaglesmonopoly.jpg

PARKER BROTHERS INTRODUCES EAGLES BAND MONOPOLY GAME

The company that brought you Beatles Monopoly and Rolling Stones
Monopoly is now proud to present its newest product, Eagles Monopoly.
America's most legendary rock-n-roll band teams up with the world’s most
popular board game to bring you the ultimate Eagles experience. The Eagles
Collector’s Edition of MONOPOLY celebrates the music that defined the
seventies and continues to transcend generational barriers.

This completely customized game features places that had a fundamental
effect on the Eagles and their music. It includes everything from the
Troubadour to the Hotel California, and more.

Playing pieces are stainless steel replicas of band members Don Henley,
Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Felder, Bernie Leadon, and
Randy Meisner as seen in their seventies heyday. This game is a must-have
for any Eagles fan. "Take It Easy" to the "Hotel California" today!

For ages 8 to Adult

For 2 - 6 Players.

Retail: $40

==================

Apparently it isn't going to be available until May, but after some industrious digging, I found this:

http://www.randymeisneronline.com/monopoly/eaglesboardsmall.jpg

I found this close-up online. The guys have made some bold choices, I'll say!

I only found blow-ups of the "Skid Row" and the "Luxury Row" - boards sides 1 and 4. Anyway, here's the "skid row":
http://www.randymeisneronline.com/monopoly/side1.jpg
And the "Millionaire's Row":
http://www.randymeisneronline.com/monopoly/side4.jpg

I'd work on finding more but it's late and I need to go to bed! Dang, I can't believe it's April 1 already!

2016 EDIT: THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE

Troubadour
04-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Nancy -- :bow: :lol:

Love it! One of my service users LOVES to play Monopoly with me on every nightshift... I'd never complain again if it was this version. The Fake Cowboy Set is my favourite. ;)

Annabel
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
:hilarious: Is Nancy having a little fun here I wonder. ;) :partytime: Beats my English, American and French versions hands down. :thumbsup:

tequila girl
04-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Brilliant Nancy!!! :hilarious::applause::bow: Where would one go to order one of these Masterpieces?

TimothyBFan
04-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I woke up thinking 2 things this morning.....I hope like hell I don't get fooled by Larry or Nancy on The Border!!! Sorry to say, I actually had a moment of OMG!!! there. :hilarious: I was actually ready to preorder the d*mn thing! One of your best yet Nancy!! :thumbsup:

ETA: Community Groupie Chest???? :rofl:

Koala
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Fantastic Soda, love it!:hilarious::thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
04-01-2011, 09:16 AM
The blonde moments get more frequent with age!

WalshFan88
04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Ok Nancy - that ALMOST had me!!!!!!

BTW - I LOVE the Community Groupie "Chest"! :smitten::heybaby::lol:

MikeA
04-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Don't give Henley and Frey any ideas! Although I think it sounds more like Gene Simmons!

There is some eye-candy there though.

"Everybody wants to take a little (??) chest,
Make it come out right."

WalshFan88
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
There is some eye-candy there though.

"Everybody wants to take a little (??) chest,
Make it come out right."

+1 Mike :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

TimothyBFan
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I just get so proud of you boys when you act shallow like us freckle counters! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
04-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I hear most of the bands back in the 70s had a community groupie chest - several, actually. ;) If you land on a community groupie chest, just go to the pile of them in the center of the board, take one, and follow the directions you get. Then when you're through, it's the next player's turn.

WalshFan88
04-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I hear most of the bands back in the 70s had a community groupie chest - several, actually. ;) If you land on a community groupie chest, just go to the pile of them in the center of the board, take one, and follow the directions you get. Then when you're through, it's the next player's turn.

:rofl:

GlennLover
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Nancy, you're brilliant! How do you come up with this stuff! This took a lot of work! Hilarious! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Thats fantastic Nancy! Well done! It must have taken loads of work and is genius. I LOVE it!

I must admit Lou and I were wondering late last night what you would do! But we weren't banking on anything as good as this.

We actually had our OWN joke planned for you!

You CAN buy 'DIY' Monopoly. Definitely a suggestion for the future. Oh and I's always take the Glenn :heart: counter, leaving Laura the Timothy one!

sodascouts
04-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Glad folks liked this! I had planned the whole board but once I got into it I discovered there was no way I could finish it in time. It took a lot longer than I expected it to!

We actually had our OWN joke planned for you!

Aw, why didn't you go through with it? lol

You CAN buy 'DIY' Monopoly. Definitely a suggestion for the future. Oh and I's always take the Glenn :heart: counter, leaving Laura the Timothy one!Interesting! I must investigate this!

Freypower
04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Nancy, you never fail to amaze me. Good to see Rod Laver Arena as one of the properties!

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Glad folks liked this! I had planned the whole board but once I got into it I discovered there was no way I could finish it in time. It took a lot longer than I expected it to!

Aw, why didn't you go through with it? lol

Interesting! I must investigate this!

We seriously thought of it but we couldn't bear how disappointed you'd've been when you realised it was a joke. We were going to create a fictitious news report that the Eagles were going to play 3 dates in Memphis in the Summer.

Prettymaid
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I wish you would have done it GA. You know what they say...paybacks are hell! :hilarious:

Got me again Soda! Good one!

MikeA
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
You guys are diabolical! ALL OF YOU!

EaglesKiwi
04-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Fantastic job Soda!!! :rofl::bow:

Especially loved the hearts instead of mere $$ signs!!

StephUK
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Wicked! Maybe not such a bad idea though. Perhaps you should approach Irving with the idea:rofl:

tequila girl
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Wicked! Maybe not such a bad idea though. Perhaps you should approach Irving with the idea:rofl:

I agree..........There'd be tons of buyers! :thumbsup: :hilarious:

Brooke
04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
OMG, that was too funny! You almost had me there, even though I'm four days late in seeing this thread! While I was reading it, I was thinking, the guys would never allow this and is this one of Nancy's April Fool's jokes? I actually scrolled up to see the date you posted it and then you were busted! Love it! :thumbsup: :rofl:

Btw, I'd love to have it!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I just realized I forgot to comment about your April Fools joke this year, Soda. I was wondering what you had up your sleeve this time. Very cute. Probably could replace that crappy old tour bus with a nice private lear jet though. :grin:

luvthelighthouse
04-06-2011, 10:45 AM
OMG, that was too funny! While I was reading it, I was thinking, the guys would never allow this and is this one of Nancy's April Fool's jokes? :thumbsup: :rofl:

Btw, I'd love to have it!

Ditto! I skimmed the board on Friday and saw this and thought... no way would they sign off on this!... Then I remembered Soda's other clever April Fool's tricks. I loved it!

Soda, nice work! Love the game board!

sodascouts
04-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks!

And never say never, guys! We might see an Eagles Monopoly yet! Remember what Don said about the suits when they were wearing them for the shows - "If it's good enough for the Beatles, it's good enough for us!"

I know I would enjoy playing with the Eagles. ;)

WalshFan88
04-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I know I would enjoy playing with the Eagles. ;)

Nice double entendre there Soda! :rofl: