PDA

View Full Version : Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Pages : 1 [2]

Victim of Love
04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
IMO he should have wrapped this up and gotten it released before now. The Big Machine is on the verge of kicking off the big anniversary tour which isn't going to bode well for lots of solo shows. I'm so disappointed that the release keeps getting pushed back. At this rate I can put it on my wish list for my 45th birthday (which isn't for two more years!).

Outlawman13
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm patiently waiting for that c.d. to come out. I will love to hear what his new album sounds like. Sucks it is getting pushed back month after month, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Houston Debutante
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Him saying that It Don't Matter To The Sun will definitely be on it at the Beaumont show means that he's at least got that decided ~ but it still makes you go 'really? you're just now figuring out what songs will be on the album?'

Plus like VOL says I worry there will be no solo tour now if it is released in September since the Eagles are touring in the fall. I was really counting on that... I haven't seen Don solo in years.

:sigh:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
A little bit from Joe Benson's The Question Is from earlier this week.

https://soundcloud.com/uncle-joe-benson/the-question-is-don-henley-05

Houston Debutante
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for posting this.

It's interesting that he says that he and Glenn still disagree but now they deal with it better.

The radio guy says Don's new album is 'mind boggling.' Has he heard it or is he just saying that?

sodascouts
05-20-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm betting he just is saying that. I don't think Don is handing out copies of Cass County to DJs yet.

EaglesKiwi
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Maybe just the idea of Don actually releasing the album is mind-boggling... :nahnah:
:pace::pace::pace:

SteveJoburg
06-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I for one am really looking forward to the new album... Any new material from Don is something to get really excited about. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 10:48 AM
yeah can't wait for Don's new CD...wow I like the sound of that...Don's new CD...

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I think I might get this, since he says there is new material on it.

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I literally cannot wait for this CD. It feels like we've been waiting an eternity! (Oh wait... we have...) I'm sure it will be worth it, though. I'm excited to hear what songs he's chosen and how his voice sounds, especially in a slightly different style. I have a feeling it's going to be pretty romantic, old-fashioned and downright dreamy. :heart: Can't wait to see the cover pic/artwork too!

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I hope there are at least as many new songs as covers, but I doubt it. Just as I said with Glenn, I love that he is putting out another album, but I love original material even more!

Prettymaid
06-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I hope there are at least as many new songs as covers, but I doubt it. Just as I said with Glenn, I love that he is putting out another album, but I love original material even more!

In this interview, Don says there will be more original material than covers. That's what made me decide to get it.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-cass-county/

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Excellent!

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 02:51 AM
anyone heard if there is a pre order for his CD?...

EaglesKiwi
06-10-2013, 06:06 AM
In this interview, Don says there will be more original material than covers. That's what made me decide to get it.

Loving the sound of that. September... please!

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM

I was sure I was going to get his new cd, but now I know I am!! I cannot wait to hear the new songs! TOTALLY exciting!!! :blueblob:

Houston Debutante
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
This is so exciting, not only a new album but new original material, I am dying, I can't wait!

Topkat
06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Do we have a date for this yet? Seems like it was supposed to release a long time ago, & it still hasn't happened! I just can't see him releasing this in the middle of this tour.....How is that going to work??? I just don't get it? Very frustrating!:brickwall::brickwall:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I think one of the dates he tossed out there recently was September. I honestly don't remember. Maybe he'll do a bit of a solo tour in between tour legs? I hope he does, although all these concerts are getting to be expensive. Maybe he'll come to DC and I won't have to travel. :)

Henley Honey
06-10-2013, 05:21 PM
When I saw him at the Paramount on April 3rd he was going to Nashville the next day to finish it and he said it would be released in September.

Hopefully he means it this time. :brickwall:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah - I know we are all crossing our fingers that the album really is going to be released in September. However, until an official release date is announced, I think it's highly improbable that we'll get any info about tour dates or presales.

Topkat
06-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Even if it does release in Sept. How is he going to do solo shows in between legs of the Eagles tour? He will be exhausted & how is his voice going to hold up doing so many shows without a break? I just don't see that happening....

If it does release, I wouldn't be surprised if there is very little promotion & touring.....That concerns me, as I would like the album to get the full attention that it deserves.....I mean it's been a long time coming.

sodascouts
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
I agree, Topkat. I would hate to see it fall by the wayside. Hopefully Don will figure something workable out.

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Maybe he will release it in November (think Christmas) and do some touring then.

Topkat
06-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Maybe he will release it in November (think Christmas) and do some touring then.

I guess that would be a better solution, but that means another 2 month delay.... Let's not hold our breath waiting!

I just see the Sept. release as a conflict with the Eagles tour...:worried:

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I think he made a wise choice to wait until after the doc came out. Think of how many new fans or fans that are rediscovering them are out there. This message board is a good example. Look at how many members joined after the doc was released!

This is all assuming, of course, that people know that Don Henley is an Eagle. (No Soda, I'm not picking on you!) ;-)

Topkat
06-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I think he made a wise choice to wait until after the doc came out. Think of how many new fans or fans that are rediscovering them are out there. This message board is a good example. Look at how many members joined after the doc was released!

This is all assuming, of course, that people know that Don Henley is an Eagle. (No Soda, I'm not picking on you!) ;-)

I don't really think it had anything to do with waiting for the doc to come out...
It wasn't finished yet!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I doubt Don even cares if he gets any new fans from the doc or the album...He just does things at his own pace...When he's ready, it will be out. We have been waiting so long already, so another month or two is nothing new....
I just would like to see him tour a little for the new album, & with the Eagles tour, it's just a little concern, but I'm sure Don knows exactly what he's doing!

Houston Debutante
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I bet he cares about getting new fans, it would be a feather in his cap for sure if this album sold well. But vocal rest is a good point. I don't want him hurting that gorgeous voice by overdoing it.

Topkat
06-14-2013, 01:36 PM
We just have to trust that Don knows what he's doing, but I wouldn't be shocked if there is another delay on this album release!

sodascouts
07-12-2013, 11:17 AM
While most of this article (http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2013/07/eagles_don_henley_on_the_dvd_t.html) is about the Eagles and has been posted elsewhere, we do get the following snippet about Cass County:

"Both Miranda Lambert and Lee Ann Womack sing on my forthcoming solo album, as does another wonderful singer from East Texas named Molly Felder (no relation). Molly is in a group (duo) called Swan Dive. They’re headquartered in Nashville."

It's amusing that he clarifies "no relation" after naming Molly Felder. LOL.

WalshFan88
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
LOL, somebody's still bitter....

Soooo relieved Don that the singer on your new record isn't any relation to Don Felder... lol :doh:

Brooke
07-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Too funny! Be careful Don! :fear: :hilarious:

Houston Baby
07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
That is too funny - "no relation". Heaven forbid! :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
LOL!

Freypower
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow. I think it's fair enough to clarify that.:fear:

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I agree. I mean, it's the first thing I would wonder.

WalshFan88
07-12-2013, 09:10 PM
It would have come across fairly benign to me I think if it weren't for his recent comments about him and god forbid, calling him "Mr. Felder"... He's like Voldemort in Harry Potter now. He Who Must Not Be Named, lol.

Houston Debutante
07-15-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm glad it was cleared up quickly, saved me the trouble of looking it up, because I would have been curious!

I love Miranda Lambert, this album is going to be so great. I can't wait!

Topkat
08-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I just saw an update that the release of Don's album is TBA 2014.
Why doesn't this surprise me? :shock:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Seriously? **Sigh** Like you, not really surprised. Don, Don, Don, you're killing us here...

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Seriously? **Sigh** Like you, not really surprised. Don, Don, Don, you're killing us here...
i agree and couldnt have said it better myself.:hilarious:

AEW21
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I guess it makes sense--he'd really have no time to properly promote it with all the HOTE touring hubbub going about. Maybe next year in spring....

Prettymaid
08-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I say put it out now and make sure you promote it as Don Henley of the Eagles. That band is on fire right now!

sodascouts
08-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Great. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm not really, but... I did allow myself a bit of hope for a while.

How much longer is he gonna jerk us around before he comes through?

Ah well. Hope springs eternal...

Outlawman13
08-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I want to hear the new album now Don!!! LOL. I don't think I can wait any longer!!! Would love to know what the album sounds like!!!

08-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Well OLM, I guess you'd better take a chill pill cause I don't think any of us have a choice other than to wait - we're on Don's clock after all. Although I'd love to hear this sooner rather than later, to tell the truth, I'm not at all surprised. And, I gotta be honest, if I have to choose between the Eagles HOTE tour and any of the guy's solo work, I'll take the former any day of the week.

Henley Honey
08-03-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm not at all surprised, but I am extremely disappointed. Come on, Don. We know -- you move like an iceberg, but geez louise, what's up with you?????

Freypower
08-03-2013, 10:58 PM
He has been talking about this album & the R&B album since 2009 when this topic was started & in fact long before that, I think, and after actually promising September 2013 this is very puzzling. I mean it is a CD, for heaven's sake, not War & Peace or painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling. To quote the great Jeremy Clarkson 'how hard can it be'? Yes, the Eagles got in the way, but why keep announcing release dates & scrapping them?

Topkat
08-04-2013, 09:04 AM
It just makes sense with the tour happening right now. They are touring thru Nov. I bet they will take Dec off & then tour again in Jan. The only chance for this year is for Christmas, but now it doesn't look good.

I bet they don't even know when it will release, unless it releases during some break in the tour. Don will need time to promote it & to do at least some solo shows, so who knows when that's going to happen???:worried:

Brooke
08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Too much going on with that other band! :hilarious:

Troubadour
08-06-2013, 05:37 AM
He loves to make us wait, doesn't he! Oh well. I know it will be worth it. :heart:

Prettymaid
08-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Yes, in his defense he is a little busy right now, but didn't he know he'd be touring with the Eagles when he announced the release date?

VAisForEagleLovers
08-23-2013, 08:09 PM
While most of this article (http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2013/07/eagles_don_henley_on_the_dvd_t.html) is about the Eagles and has been posted elsewhere, we do get the following snippet about Cass County:

"Both Miranda Lambert and Lee Ann Womack sing on my forthcoming solo album, as does another wonderful singer from East Texas named Molly Felder (no relation). Molly is in a group (duo) called Swan Dive. They’re headquartered in Nashville."

It's amusing that he clarifies "no relation" after naming Molly Felder. LOL.

A little tidbit from Miranda...

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2013/08/miranda-lambert-lee-ann-womack-to-appear-on-don-henleys-solo-album.html

Houston Baby
08-23-2013, 08:23 PM
"That’s great news; I actually hadn't heard that it made it on there. It was a bit scary -- I mean, he is one of the EAGLES!"

That's a cute quote from Miranda!

Thanks for sharing VA!!

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 10:15 PM
She sure skated around the 'tell us about the song you did' question! Probably not allowed to let the cat out of the bag! Lol!

Brooke
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok, I love Miranda Lambert and if she's on this album, I will be buying it! Great news! :yay:

Now we just need to know when! :pace:

Houston Debutante
08-28-2013, 06:47 AM
I love her too but I'm still getting over the delayed release date. :(

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Pushed to 2014, as per this interview with MSN...

http://music.msn.com/fall-music-guide-don-henley-eagles-history-tour/feature/story/#scpshrtu

WalshFan88
09-09-2013, 09:24 PM
At this point I don't expect it anytime soon. The Eagles are back in gear, their break was the perfect time to do this, like Glenn, Joe, and Timothy did. Even Felder.

sodascouts
09-09-2013, 09:51 PM
The interviewer assumes the album has been pushed back due to the success of the current Eagles tour. He obviously isn't aware of the fact that this is just the latest of a series of push backs spanning years.

Ah, but we've complained about that before. Time to have some fun with it. Anyone want to take bets as to when this solo album will actually see the light of day?

Houston Baby
09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
June 2014 is my wager. Though it does not make me happy to say that:scowl: :brickwall:

sodascouts
09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm still thinking about the month, but I am going to (perhaps foolishly) bet on seeing it in the year 2014 as well.

Prettymaid
09-09-2013, 10:44 PM
I'll go with Fall, 2014. Maybe.

MaryCalifornia
09-10-2013, 02:06 AM
Just curious - I thought this current Eagles tour is supposed to run for a "couple of years" (where did I hear this, who said it?). If this is true, why do you think Henley would release a solo album while the HOTE tour is still active/ongoing? Even if they took 3 or 4 or 5 months off in between continents, I can't see him touring solo in between to support an album, and it seems like the PR would get confusing between his solo stuff and upcoming Eagles shows.

TimothyBFan
09-12-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm so sorry for all of you that are so looking forward to this album. How frustrating this must be. Hopefully your patience will pay off & it will be spectacular.

sodascouts
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Just curious - I thought this current Eagles tour is supposed to run for a "couple of years" (where did I hear this, who said it?). If this is true, why do you think Henley would release a solo album while the HOTE tour is still active/ongoing? Even if they took 3 or 4 or 5 months off in between continents, I can't see him touring solo in between to support an album, and it seems like the PR would get confusing between his solo stuff and upcoming Eagles shows.

Eagles have released solo albums during Eagles tours before, although they usually wait for breaks between legs. I imagine that'll be what Don does, or else we won't see that sucker until 2015 or 2016! Shoot, at that rate, he might as well wait until he turns freaking 70 in 2017!

MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES, Don!

Glennsallnighter
09-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Well the Eagles are never quick about doing solo projects when they are touring, but I suppose they have to give their all to the tour! I could be wrong but they tend not to tour as much as a group in August. Say they take on Europe in June/Early July, then break for the summer. Its possible he may release it in..... August??

Lilah
01-15-2014, 02:33 PM
I just want the new album on my iPhone, already! However, I will wait till the cows come home and be ecstatic to have it whenever it comes out…

Brooke
01-15-2014, 02:42 PM
At last he mentions it!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-don-henley-qa-20140115,0,5745299.story#ixzz2qUg8PImg

"What about a Don Henley album?
I recently completed a new solo album, but haven't been able to release it because the ongoing Eagles tour leaves me no time to promote it. I hope to get it out this fall."

Lilah
01-15-2014, 03:10 PM
At last he mentions it!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-don-henley-qa-20140115,0,5745299.story#ixzz2qUg8PImg

"What about a Don Henley album?
I recently completed a new solo album, but haven't been able to release it because the ongoing Eagles tour leaves me no time to promote it. I hope to get it out this fall."

Thanks, Brooke! I guess it is more of "Hurry up and wait". I refuse to do it patiently, though!

sodascouts
01-20-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm glad to hear he plans to promote it. He hasn't toured solo in years! (I don't count those one-offs). I'm afraid to get my hopes up that it will be released this year, but I will allow myself some guarded optimism since he says it's COMPLETED without the dreaded qualifier "almost."

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2014, 10:16 PM
The disadvantage of having moved. What are the odds of him coming to Kentucky? Maybe he'll do Nashville, it's only two hours away.

Lilah
01-21-2014, 01:03 AM
I'm hoping for Kentucky, but Nashville is an option as well. I haven't seen him in concert for far too long. It was before the Eagles act 2(1994). I remember he performed "Life in the Fast Lane" which ended in thunderous applause. He commented, "Thank you, thank you very much. Accept no substitutes." I loved that bit of snark.

sodascouts
01-21-2014, 01:10 AM
He would kill in Nashville with a country-flavored album. I'll do my best to be there if it happens.

septemberwn
01-27-2014, 10:58 PM
I wanna see his video play over and over on CMT and ZUUS COUNTRY. If he does one from "Cass County"

VAisForEagleLovers
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
He would kill in Nashville with a country-flavored album. I'll do my best to be there if it happens.

I would be all over it in Nashville! I'd probably go up to Chicago, too.

Houston Debutante
02-11-2014, 05:35 PM
I bet he would come to Dallas, I would happily drive there to see him solo.

septemberwn, OMG your avatar, is there a larger version somewhere???

Houston Debutante
04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
So all these new Eagles dates in the fall and nothing more said about this album ~

Is anybody else worried that we won't get 'Cass County' in 2014?

shunlvswx
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Unless more dates are added after the October dates(probably more will be added), I don't see Don putting his album out or touring this year.

ktdids
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
I think if we're lucky, it'll be late 2015. Holiday buying time. Maybe a break in Eagles tour? Unless they go to the rest of the world.

Freypower
04-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I think if we're lucky, it'll be late 2015. Holiday buying time. Maybe a break in Eagles tour? Unless they go to the rest of the world.

I am expecting them to come to Australia in late 2015. (despite that rumour from New Zealand which was posted in the Press thread).

04-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Maybe Don will have time to release Cass County and do a mini-tour this summer while the band is on a break. Probably just wishful thinking though. If not, I guess he could shoot for a Christmas release - or if that doesn't happen, then ... oh nevermind!!! :dizzy:

Restless Heart
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
A new album would be great. Don't keep us waiting Don...

sodascouts
04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Sorry, RH, you can expect to wait and then wait some more! lol!

If we're very, very lucky, we may get it before the end of the year.

Houston Debutante
04-21-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking this year is not happening. :(

sodascouts
05-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Update: Don says in this hot-off-the-presses interview (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11259648) that Cass County is "coming out in the fall."

Hmmmm!!!!

Too bad he "draws the line" at a cowboy hat. I think he would look hot in one.

WalshFan88
05-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Did you hear that??? It was me holding my breath..................................NOT! :hilarious:

Seriously would love to hear it but not getting any hopes up.

ktdids
05-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Update: Don says in this hot-off-the-presses interview (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11259648) that Cass County is "coming out in the fall."

Hmmmm!!!!

Too bad he "draws the line" at a cowboy hat. I think he would look hot in one.

Somewhere out there I've seen him in various cowboy like hats. There was the one he's wearing during a Caddo Lake interview, rather decrepit looking hat though.

shunlvswx
05-22-2014, 09:06 AM
There's a picture of him in a cowboy hat on when he was the grand marshall for his hometown parade. He does wear one in the Caddo Lake video and there's even a picture of him onstage with a hat on. I guess Don is saying I'm not going to wear a hat while(Or in this case) touring(yeah right, Don). :hilarious:

Don has cried wolf too many times about this album. I kinda don't believe him.

Houston Debutante
05-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Well it gives me hope even if Im' not going to count on it, at least we know he hasn't forgotten about it.

DivineDon
05-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Same here. Don and Vince Gill on the same album duetting- heaven! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
05-24-2014, 09:43 AM

I love Vince Gill. I always wanted Vince and Don to do a duet together or play or sing on each other's album. I think Vince's and Don's voices would blend great together. Vince can blend good with any singer.

05-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Well it gives me hope even if Im' not going to count on it, at least we know he hasn't forgotten about it.

This is exactly what I was thinking, HD.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 10:34 PM

I agree! I figure, this will be one I listen to over and over and I've not even heard it yet.

Houston Debutante
05-26-2014, 09:43 PM
What I am really looking forward to is then new songs he wrote.

06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Well Don's dropped a September release date for Cass County in several recent interviews. I'm starting to feel a little glimmer of hope, but don't want to be overly optimistic. Can it really be???

tequila girl
06-05-2014, 04:08 AM
I wonder if he realises just how many of us have been eagerly awaiting this for almost 5 years.......;)

EaglesKiwi
06-06-2014, 02:12 AM
I wonder if he realises just how many of us have been eagerly awaiting this for almost 5 years.......;)

I was just about to go back through threads to see how long it has been... :brickwall:

Looking forward to it whenever it happens.

EaglesKiwi
06-23-2014, 10:32 PM
And now not until 2015???! :brickwall:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/10192799/The-Eagles-know-why-the-fans-turn-up

sodascouts
06-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Oh my gosh. Can't he do like Glenn and just release it with a mini-tour between Eagles legs? He has said the album is FINISHED. What is the hold-up?!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Plainly, he likes to torture us. Still, as I said in another thread, maybe it just won't be released in the UK until next year? I hope that's it. This is the same article even if published in NZ, so they pulled it from the wire, and it's not a separate interview.

Brooke
06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Don, come on! Get with it!

Houston Debutante
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
I think it might be a mistake, we don't have a direct quote from Don there, they could have misunderstood him.

sodascouts
07-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Came across a Don mention in my Google alerts that I figured pertains to this album. It's about a musician named Bryan Sutton.

When asked “Who have you recorded with recently?” Bryan Sutton says the names with the slight nonchalance of someone who belongs.

“I worked in studio with guys like Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker and Don Henley earlier this year,” he said without the giddiness of a rookie.
- http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140709/ENT/407101008

So I guess he must mean he played on Cass County. It seems Don is involving some new musicians.

07-12-2014, 12:28 PM
I guess Don is involving some new musicians.

Thanks for the link, Soda. I hope by 'new' that also means they are young. We want them to live long enough to be able to collect their royalties after the album is released. :twisted:

Lilah
08-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Any new info on "Cass County"?

Lisa
09-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing this.

09-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Any new info on "Cass County"?

Nope! We'll post it on the board if we hear any news.

sodascouts
09-04-2014, 09:14 PM
WildThyme's friend talked to him the other day and he mentioned it, but I don't know any details about what he said.

sodascouts
05-13-2015, 10:09 PM
I subscribe to Bob Lefsetz's email newsletter, and tonight he talked about hearing a song off Don's new album!

Good news: he rhapsodizes about how great it is.

Bad news: he says it's not due out for "months."

Then again, maybe that's good news too, in the sense that months at least means by the end of the year... Probably...

The thing is that he heard it being played by record company executives, so the endgame is coming, and that's something you can hang your hat on!

DivineDon
05-14-2015, 11:31 AM
I read about this on FB and Bob says the song he heard was amazing and he believes the album should be 'album of the year' that it's just what Don Henley/Eagles' fans are waiting for...he reiterates that all day he couldn't get the Don Henley song out of his head so that augers well...soooo exciting :)

How I wish we could hear it now but I know Don has to have time to promote it but at least we know he must be happy with it 'cos there's no way Don would have let anyone listen to it if he felt there was more to be done...so...fingers and legs crossed!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2015, 06:15 PM
This is so exciting!!!!!!!!! :blueblob:

05-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Yep - I guess in the meantime, we'll just continue to eagerly and patiently WAIT! :angel:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Yep - I guess in the meantime, we'll just continue to eagerly and patiently WAIT! :angel:

Patiently? Me? :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2015, 09:20 PM
I just noticed there is no link to the blog, so here it is...

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2015/05/13/today-at-the-tower/

Freypower
05-14-2015, 09:35 PM
For a start, it isn't an Eagles album, although I know this man equates Henley with the Eagles. When he reviewed LROOE he completely ignored the other members' tracks. He is primarily a Henley fan & always has been. Nothing wrong with that; but it's far too vague in what it says. He also says this 'Steve Barnett' man claims it's the 'album of the year' which is fair enough as presumably 'Steve' has heard more of it. Bob can hardly make such a claim himself on the basis of one song, fan though he is.

Funk 50
05-15-2015, 05:37 AM
I'm glad that people, who have heard it, are enthusing about Don's, Cass County album, although these guys don't appear to be the type of people that I'd allow to influence my listening habits.

Can an adult contemporary album really be album of the year?

I hope it's better than the Eagles. :thumbsup:

Brooke
05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
F50, I would tend to agree with you on it more than likely not album of the year. As much as I love Don and would hope it is successful, I don't see that happening in this day and age. There are just too many pop and country stars that will undoubtedly outsell him.

I, for one, though, can't wait to get it! Bring it on, Don! :pace:

DivineDon
05-15-2015, 10:17 AM
For a start, it isn't an Eagles album, although I know this man equates Henley with the Eagles. When he reviewed LROOE he completely ignored the other members' tracks. He is primarily a Henley fan & always has been. Nothing wrong with that; but it's far too vague in what it says. He also says this 'Steve Barnett' man claims it's the 'album of the year' which is fair enough as presumably 'Steve' has heard more of it. Bob can hardly make such a claim himself on the basis of one song, fan though he is.

Geez, FP, talk about a party pooper! Okay, I get it that you consider him a Henley fan 'cos he ignored the others (mainly Glenn in your case) so you don't rate him but can you not at least show some enthusiasm that at least one of the guys is bringing out new material? :eyebrow:

L101
05-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Geez, FP, talk about a party pooper! Okay, I get it that you consider him a Henley fan 'cos he ignored the others (mainly Glenn in your case) so you don't rate him but can you not at least show some enthusiasm that at least one of the guys is bringing out new material? :eyebrow:

I couldn't agree more DD - all I've seen on facebook all day is people complaining about Don keeping his new songs for himself and not handing them over to the Eagles to release as their new album!

Its been 15 years since "Inside Job" was released and 6 years since a "best of" was released so for once can't Henley fans have something to get excited over without all the complaining :-(

I, for one, can't wait for the album and now have to starting praying :pray: that he includes Europe in his promotional tour :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Well, I am very excited about the news (I thought I said that already, but it bears repeating)!! I do like it when any of the guys put out new music, but Timothy put out an album in 2011 (I think that's when it was), and Glenn and Joe in 2012, so it is very definitely Don's turn. I've been waiting for this album very patiently (:lie:) for a while now.

I really hope he gives more information at the concert tomorrow.

For the record, "this 'Steve Barnett' man" is the Chairman & CEO of Capitol Records. He got there because he knows success when he hears it. If he feels this way about Don's album, I'm hoping that means they'll support it and him more than some other experiences Don has had with record companies...

ETA: In regards to Don keeping these songs to himself and not making them 'Eagles' songs, I can agree with that to an extent. In my opinion, any of their solo songs sound better when performed by the Eagles. The mix of voices will always be better than hired back-ups. Yet I know it's important for all of them to maintain and add to their solo catalog. I certainly fully support Don putting these songs out solo, and as quickly as possible.

sodascouts
05-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry about not providing the blog link. I got it via Lefsetz's email newsletter and I didn't want to copy and paste. The blog solves things nicely, but I had forgotten about its existence, lol.

Timothy put out his album in 2009 - time flies!

For 5 years we've waited for Don to put out Cass County. It is his time indeed. I am incredibly excited to hear this album!! I see absolutely zero reason to be negative - unless the release date moves back again.

Freypower
05-15-2015, 06:52 PM

I expected a comment like this, but to be honest I will show some enthusiasm when the album is released. He has been 'bringing out new material' since I don't know when. This topic was started in 2009.

I have no objection to Lefsetz being primarily a Henley fan but I did object to him referring to this as an Eagles album when it is no such thing. His style of writing irritates me too & it would do so no matter who he wrote about.

This is the Eagles album you’ve been waiting for.
But is anybody waiting for an Eagles LP?

I'm sorry but I find that inexcusable and totally misleading.

However, I had no problem with him keeping these songs for himself. He is perfectly entitled to do so.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Expando was 2009? Then it sounds like Timothy needs to get on the stick and put out another one!

I agree, FP. Regardless of his opinions, he should be smart enough to realize he loses credibility by calling it an Eagles album when it isn't. The last statement lessens his credibility even further. His tone smacks of the Lebowski line that journalists with little depth say ("I hate the f'n Eagles") in order to try and sound 'cool'.

Funk 50
05-16-2015, 06:51 AM

I can't believe I'm defending Lefsetz but I believe, in this day and age, the acts that would put out an album and dominate the airwaves for several months just don't exist anymore. Albums come and go in a matter of weeks, if not days.

The Eagles last album, Long Road Out Of Eden, as much as I like it, ended up being recorded by Henley and Frey at two separate locations, burdened by compromise and a long period of productive inactivity.

LROOE really loosened the definition of an Eagles album. The gulf between LROOE material and solo Eagles material is negligible, the huge chasm is only in potential live audience.

I'm looking forward to a potential Henley media blitz to accompany Cass County's release. We haven't had one those for decades.

Freypower
05-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I can't believe I'm defending Lefsetz but I believe, in this day and age, the acts that would put out an album and dominate the airwaves for several months just don't exist anymore. Albums come and go in a matter of weeks, if not days.

The Eagles last album, Long Road Out Of Eden, as much as I like it, ended up being recorded by Henley and Frey at two separate locations, burdened by compromise and a long period of productive inactivity.

LROOE really loosened the definition of an Eagles album. The gulf between LROOE material and solo Eagles material is negligible, the huge chasm is only in potential live audience.

I'm looking forward to a potential Henley media blitz to accompany Cass County's release. We haven't had one those for decades.

You can say that if you like. Certainly LROOE can sometimes sound like a collection of solo tracks. However LROOE is an Eagles album by virtue of the fact that all four members play & sing on it. Cass County is a Don Henley album. Describing it as an Eagles album, as I said, is wrong & misleading. How long it will stay in view is a completely different question which I am not prepared to answer.

DivineDon
06-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Was just wondering about Cass County - again!!! Is there any word that Kenny Rogers might be featuring on it given his past history with Don? I think it would be great and be almost like coming full circle. I saw a picture on FB of Don and Dolly and I heard rumours that Vince Gill and maybe Merle Haggard are on it so I was just thinking of Kenny as I heard him this morning on the radio. He has a great voice - I'm kinda surprised he hasn't duetted with Don since they go back such a long way - but maybe they have - I'm open to correction.

sodascouts
06-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Actually, Kenny and Don have dueted together before - a song called Calling Me (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/guest/callingme.htm). I'd love to hear them work together again, though!

shunlvswx
06-02-2015, 07:47 AM
I just saw this on Facebook. Could Don really be putting out Cass County this year if he's doing this on June 11.

http://kticradio.com/abc_music-co/nashville-notes-abcid35361850/

VAisForEagleLovers
06-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Thanks, Shun! I wonder what is meant by 'preview'?

shunlvswx
06-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Probably he's going to have some industry people and invite some people to come listen to his album.

I was looking at the schedule and after this Sunday, the guys are on a month break until July 7th. So Don can do some things for a month before they start back touring.

dcinga
06-02-2015, 09:35 AM
The CMA Music Festival is happening that week. The event is the all star week for country music. There are multiple free concerts that week at various stages around town. It's the "who's who" of country music that week. CMA hosts the country music radio stations at a large event there. It is very fan focused event too.

I don't care much for new country music, but I live in the south. This event is a very big deal in the country music industry. Sounds like the buzz is beginning.

I just happen to be in Nashville that day. I will try to find out more about this from friends. If you are from the south, everybody has a cousin that lives in Nashville.

DivineDon
06-02-2015, 10:23 AM
I just saw this on Facebook. Could Don really be putting out Cass County this year if he's doing this on June 11.

http://kticradio.com/abc_music-co/nashville-notes-abcid35361850/

Just saw this on FB........can it be true???? I don't think Don would preview one note unless he was happy with it........sooooooo excited!!! Good news at last! :thumbsup:

P.S. thanks Soda for the info on Don and Kenny Rogers..I've never heard the song

jms18222
06-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Good news! Wonder what will happen if God forbid someone videos it & post it on youtube! We might have to wait another 5 years for Cass County because then it won't be new anymore.
I really wish he would lighten up on his online stance but it is his "property" so it is up to him.

While I am not nearly as old as Don I just learned to do periscope last week.

AlreadyGone95
06-02-2015, 06:29 PM
I just happen to be in Nashville that day. I will try to find out more about this from friends. If you are from the south, everybody has a cousin that lives in Nashville.

:hilarious: :rofl: :rofl:
That is too true. I'm from Georgia and I have several family members scattered around that area.

Anyway, I'm not a huge country fan either. I like the outlaw, southern rock type of the 70s/80s. However, being from Georgia, most everyone I know is a fan and I'm seeing alot of stuff about the upcoming CMA week on Facebook.
I hope that "previewing" means that he's made the album and is wanting feedback from people about it (musicians etc). Why is it that these guys seem to take a very long time doing things?

sodascouts
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Oh my gosh - this is exciting news!!!! Perhaps the coming of Cass County is finally at hand!!!!

ETA: Hmmm, I could easily drive up to Nashville that day....

VAisForEagleLovers
06-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Oh my gosh - this is exciting news!!!! Perhaps the coming of Cass County is finally at hand!!!!

ETA: Hmmm, I could easily drive up to Nashville that day....

And I could drive down if I knew where to go or what was going on!

I agree, it seems a preview would include a date and perhaps a tour announcement.

sodascouts
06-02-2015, 10:51 PM
UMG is affiliated with the CMA event and they're affiliated with Capitol, so it all ties together quite nicely.

It's unclear from this snippet, but I suspect this is a preview party for the record company executives and the media. They sit around, sip champagne, and listen to the album; the execs fantasize about how much money they'll make from it as they kiss up to the media people there (this according to my cynical friend who works at Sony; I have no firsthand knowledge). Typically, the artist is there, but he doesn't necessarily perform. He may talk a bit about the album - song inspirations, anecdotes, stuff like that, to keep things entertaining. Perhaps some other people will be invited. The guest list is usually kept short, however.

There's no telling what the location will be... and who knows, I might be wrong, and this might be some other kind of event entirely. We'll have to keep our ears open.

Funk 50
06-03-2015, 05:51 AM
Good news! Wonder what will happen if God forbid someone videos it & post it on youtube! We might have to wait another 5 years for Cass County because then it won't be new anymore.
I really wish he would lighten up on his online stance but it is his "property" so it is up to him.

While I am not nearly as old as Don I just learned to do periscope last week.

When Joe previewed Analog Man at the Troubadour, it was filmed although I can't remember how and when I got to view it. Probably via his website. While I'm not expecting Don's Cass County preview to turn up on YouTube on the 12th June, he must have reassessed his stance on modern media, otherwise his record company are going to struggle to promote it.

Don Henley My Thanksgiving
an angry man can only get so far
Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be with the way things are

Don's album still hasn't got a release date, despite him previewing it in a few days. One or two artists have just launched albums without going through the usual procedure, most memorably, another 70s icon, David Bowie.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2015, 07:14 AM
I put this in the Grand Forks anticipation thread since it's an interview with Don about the Eagles and their HOTE documentary and tour. It's a good interview.

At the very end...Cass County will be out Mid-September!

http://www.inforum.com/variety/music/3759749-eagles-perform-grand-forks-tonight

Assuming the mid-September date holds, that would make it Sept 8, 15, or 22.

shunlvswx
06-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Freaking finally!!!!!! I remembered a few months ago I think it was Jack when posted a year old article about Don putting out his new album in the fall. Even though the article was old, it looks like it could be true.

I'm looking forward to his new album. I just hope he comes near me. We don't ever get big names here in Mississippi.

AlreadyGone95
06-05-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm hoping for either the 8th or 15th for the release date. Either 6 days before my birthday or the day after because I'll have extra cash to buy albums with.

Now, please let this release month hold :pray:.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Freaking finally!!!!!! I remembered a few months ago I think it was Jack when posted a year old article about Don putting out his new album in the fall. Even though the article was old, it looks like it could be true.

I thought about that a few days ago, that it seemed like it would work out that way! Perhaps Jack knew something? Since Chideo doesn't date the videos, he took advantage of it?

Brooke
06-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Can it really be true? Don't hold your breath!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Can it really be true? Don't hold your breath!

Unlike before when he said 'in the fall' and 'October', this is actually in the hands of a record company now. So if it changes it has to do with marketing concerns, and will still be out soon. IMO.

AlreadyGone95
06-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I wonder when the best time, during a year, to release an album is? Everything has its peak season. I wonder if albums do, too?

September is still almost 3 months away. I would think that that would be enough time to market the album. No disrespect meant, but it's not a new record from of the pop people of today, so I wouldn't think that there would be alot money spent on marketing, but I could be wrong.

DivineDon
06-05-2015, 11:12 AM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2015, 11:49 AM
I wonder when the best time, during a year, to release an album is? Everything has its peak season. I wonder if albums do, too?

September is still almost 3 months away. I would think that that would be enough time to market the album. No disrespect meant, but it's not a new record from of the pop people of today, so I wouldn't think that there would be alot money spent on marketing, but I could be wrong.

By 'marketing' I meant a competitive album released from another label around the same timeframe. They may elect to wait a few weeks or so if that's the case. Those kinds of concerns rather than getting the word out.

AlreadyGone95
06-05-2015, 12:27 PM
By 'marketing' I meant a competitive album released from another label around the same timeframe. They may elect to wait a few weeks or so if that's the case. Those kinds of concerns rather than getting the word out.

Ah, I see. What label is Don on?

shunlvswx
06-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Capitol.

sodascouts
06-05-2015, 04:03 PM
YES! I'm putting this news on the front page of DonHenleyOnline (http://www.donhenleyonline.com). With a record company on board, I think this is really gonna happen.

Thanks for the link, VA!

L101
06-05-2015, 04:21 PM
I put this in the Grand Forks anticipation thread since it's an interview with Don about the Eagles and their HOTE documentary and tour. It's a good interview.

http://www.inforum.com/variety/music/3759749-eagles-perform-grand-forks-tonight

Assuming the mid-September date holds, that would make it Sept 8, 15, or 22.

Finally!! :partytime: I could almost forgive them for not returning to Europe for a final lap of the HOTE tour, if this was released!! :)

I just hope that Don doesn't forget about us on this side of the pond when he' s promoting/touring for it ......:pray:

Tori
06-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeeeeeessss!!! We've been waiting so long for this and it's finally looking certain. Now, a solo tour coming to my neck of the woods would really make it amazing... hint hint, Don. ;) Can't wait to hear this!!

Funk 50
06-06-2015, 07:35 AM
...Cass County will be out Mid-September!

What Year?

..only kidding

September is pretty good. The vast majority of CDs are bought at Christmas, so Don's got a few months to make sure his CD is placed under many Christmas trees on Christmas Eve.

Glenn, Joe and Tim all spent a week or two in the UK to promote their solo CDs, Tim even played some shows.

I saw Don solo once in 1989, I think I still have the Life In The Fast Lane T-Shirt, it'd be great to see him again, after all these years.

Manchester had no adequate venues in 1989, we now have the mighty BBC here (ok Salford) so there's a reasonable chance that Don will pay us a visit. Joe and Tim did. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-06-2015, 09:01 AM
September is pretty good. The vast majority of CDs are bought at Christmas, so Don's got a few months to make sure his CD is placed under many Christmas trees on Christmas Eve.

That used to be the case, but now everyone gives gift cards, so it seems most sales are now in the days following Christmas.

With a Sept. release date, it seems my mother will finally get Don's album as a birthday gift (October).

shunlvswx
06-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Cass County will actually be my first new album by Don. The other albums I bought years after they came out. It kinda feels good to have a new album by Don when he's still touring or still around.

I hope those people who are invited to hear Don's album post something. Somebody usually do. :hilarious:

Funk 50
06-06-2015, 03:04 PM
I really hope that Don has a few tracks that create a stir like Boys Of Summer and End Of The Innocence did in the 80s. I heard Sunset Grill quite a bit on the radio too.

I wont be tuning in to any country music stations to chance on a track though.

Like The Eagles, Don's albums have always contained two or three stand out, radio hits. Up until Inside Job anyway.

It'll be great to see how Cass County gets on. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I really hope that Don has a few tracks that create a stir like Boys Of Summer and End Of The Innocence did in the 80s. I heard Sunset Grill quite a bit on the radio too.

I wont be tuning in to any country music stations to chance on a track though.

Like The Eagles, Don's albums have always contained two or three stand out, radio hits. Up until Inside Job anyway.

It'll be great to see how Cass County gets on. :)

I agree, F50, I won't be tuning in to country radio. I'll buy the CD and listen to it often.

AlreadyGone95
06-06-2015, 08:00 PM
The biggest local radio station near me is a country station. They play country songs from the 80s - present. I usually listen to music at night to help me fall asleep. Though I'm not a big country fan, that station is usually the only station that comes in clear (damn tin roof :brickwall: ). It would be cool to hear a new Don Henley song olaying on that station!

Jonny Come Lately
06-07-2015, 03:54 AM
Good that a release date has finally been announced for Cass County.

I'm not the world's biggest country fan (I laughed when I read Tom Petty's description of modern country as being 'bad rock music with a fiddle' :nahnah:) but I'll certainly give the album a listen. I won't be listening to any country radio though! In any case if LROOE was evidence to go by then I'm pretty happy to listen to Don's version of country. If Cass County produces a song to match Waiting In The Weeds then I'll be delighted.

06-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Well - for the first time, I'm beginning to have really positive vibes that Cass County is actually going to be released. However, Don has thrown out some other dates in the past that never came to fruition, so I'll feel even a lot better once I see an official release date announced! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Cass County will actually be my first new album by Don. The other albums I bought years after they came out. It kinda feels good to have a new album by Don when he's still touring or still around.

Me too - unless you count his greatest hits!

I hope those people who are invited to hear Don's album post something. Somebody usually do. :hilarious:Cross your fingers!

AlreadyGone95
06-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I found this article just a few minutes ago:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-solo-album-2015/

I don't think that there's anything new on there (the articke was written in April, but I didn't see it posted in this thread).

In the article, there's a link to this page where this a video of Don. Unfortunately, I can't watch it at the moment.
https://www.chideo.com/chideo/a-new-solo-album-as-they-say-is-in-the-can

maryc2130
06-08-2015, 08:26 PM
OMG! He's just so adorable. What a great smile and those blue eyes.

Ahem... oh, yes, the album. It really sounds fantastic. Can't wait to find out about the duets and trios and can't wait 'till it's actually in my cd player!

AlreadyGone95
06-08-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm really hoping that the September release date is announced as the official release date soon! What a cool 20th birthday gift for me that would be! (Hint hint, family members lol )

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2015, 10:12 PM
I found this article just a few minutes ago:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-solo-album-2015/

I don't think that there's anything new on there (the articke was written in April, but I didn't see it posted in this thread).

In the article, there's a link to this page where this a video of Don. Unfortunately, I can't watch it at the moment.
https://www.chideo.com/chideo/a-new-solo-album-as-they-say-is-in-the-can

It's not posted here because the video is from a year ago, and UCR and everyone else treated it like it was brand new news. Of course, now it looks like the album will be out this fall, but at the time 'this fall' meant fall of 2014. Noise11 was the first to distribute the link to the video like it was news and it is discussed here or in the press thread somewhere, and I believe the link is there as well. UCR just posted the exact same article, so I didn't see the need to repeat it (there were several hundred outlets that posted the same wire report.) But way to keep an eye out for new information!!

AlreadyGone95
06-08-2015, 10:27 PM
It's not posted here because the video is from a year ago, and UCR and everyone else treated it like it was brand new news. Of course, now it looks like the album will be out this fall, but at the time 'this fall' meant fall of 2014. Noise11 was the first to distribute the link to the video like it was news and it is discussed here or in the press thread somewhere, and I believe the link is there as well. UCR just posted the exact same article, so I didn't see the need to repeat it (there were several hundred outlets that posted the same wire report.) But way to keep an eye out for new information!!

:oops: sorry. I just saw the April 2015 date, and I quickly looked through this thread around that date, and I didn't see it posted.
That sucks that websites want to recycle old (a guess a year is old now) articles/videos to create some extra interest, imo. (Unless UCR didn't know about it (

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2015, 10:33 PM
:oops: sorry. I just saw the April 2015 date, and I quickly looked through this thread around that date, and I didn't see it posted.
That sucks that websites want to recycle old (a guess a year is old now) articles/videos to create some extra interest, imo. (Unless UCR didn't know about it (

The video isn't (or wasn't) dated, so when one news outlet found it and thought it was new, it snowballed from there.

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2015, 12:02 AM
The video isn't (or wasn't) dated, so when one news outlet found it and thought it was new, it snowballed from there.

Ah, I understand. Dates are very important!

Funk 50
06-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Well - for the first time, I'm beginning to have really positive vibes that Cass County is actually going to be released. However, Don has thrown out some other dates in the past that never came to fruition, so I'll feel even a lot better once I see an official release date announced! :thumbsup:

I certainly pay little attention to Don naming "mid to late September" but I'm not doubting the press release about Thursday's album preview.

Don Henley will preview his new Capitol album Cass County June 11 in Nashville.

Normally, I'd expect an artist to want as much publicity about a new album as possible but in Don's case, I'm almost expecting a launch shrouded in embargoes and secrecy. :hilarious:

I'll be demoralised if things aren't, at least, a little clearer on Friday.

Still no news from Capitol Records.
http://www.capitolrecords.com

sodascouts
06-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Normally, I'd expect an artist to want as much publicity about a new album as possible but in Don's case, I'm almost expecting a launch shrouded in embargoes and secrecy. :hilarious:

I'll be demoralised if things aren't, at least, a little clearer on Friday.

Still no news from Capitol Records.
http://www.capitolrecords.com

Well, it's early yet. We'll see!

Hopefully his people will update his website soon, which still proclaims excitedly that the Very Best of Don Henley, released in 2009, is "available now!"

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2015, 11:40 AM

Hopefully his people will update his website soon, which still proclaims excitedly that the Very Best of Don Henley, released in 2009, is "available now!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Someone please tell Don's people to get with the times!

Fingers crossed that we'll know something soon! Hopefully, something will leak out.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2015, 01:55 PM

:hilarious::rofl:Soda, you crack me up!

Funk 50
06-09-2015, 02:15 PM

2009 is a couple of weeks ago in Don's time scale :-P

sodascouts
06-12-2015, 12:06 PM
We're making a new thread since this one has been speculation for six years. Now that we know this is actually happening and will be released this September for real, we can have an official thread for Cass County! I've moved all our posts there.

Post your thoughts here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5747