PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
04-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be Desperado Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the Desperado songs here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the song you want OUT.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good! However, you do need to have been a member in good standing for at least two weeks before you are allowed to cast a vote.

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the end of the round, I ask a question related to the album / songs. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. You must include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune in your post in order for it to count. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

And the winner is....

TEQUILA SUNRISE!

Songs Eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Saturday Night 4/21
Certain Kind of Fool 4/23
Outlaw Man 4/25
Doolin-Dalton 4/27
Out of Control 4/29
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise 5/01
Bitter Creek 5/03
Desperado 5/05

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

WalshFan88
04-17-2011, 08:03 PM
Saturday Night

Freypower
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
My first vote is for Twenty-One.

sodascouts
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I love every song on this album, so this entire game is going to be difficult for me.

But something has to go first....

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

Its moody tone and ominous foretelling of the end of the Doolin-Dalton gang is a very effective counterpoint to songs like Twenty-One and Out of Control, but despite how good it is, when it comes down to it, it's the song that gets the least number of repeat plays from me.

luvthelighthouse
04-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not ready to vote yet... but I have to say I'm a tad sorry to see a vote for Saturday Night right out of the gate. As far as I know, SN is the only song that has songwriting credit by all of the Eagles. I hold that song dear to my heart, because all four of the guys really came together and I feel it's a special gift. Maybe that's hokey... but the song is such a rarity.

GlennLover
04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
I cast my vote for Bitter Creek. As with Soda, it is the only song on the album that I sometimes skip. I don't care for it's "moody tone" either.

Koala
04-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I cast my vote for Twenty-One

AzEaglesFan
04-18-2011, 02:25 AM
I vote for "Out of Control"
I listened to the CD again and this is a tough one already and we are only on the first song.

EaglesFanatic
04-18-2011, 03:20 AM
I vote for Certain Kind Of Fool.

TimothyBFan
04-18-2011, 07:42 AM
The hardest decision for me for this game of Survivor is which of the 7 songs I really don't care that much, on this album, to start with. (hangs head in shame)

I guess since it's already received a couple of votes and it is at the bottom of my list also....

I vote for Bitter Creek.

timfan
04-18-2011, 07:51 AM
I vote for Bitter Creek

Brooke
04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
This is going to be very hard for me, too, since it's my very favorite album.

Bitter Creek is my least favorite song of all, so I'll start with voting for it, too.

Soda, love your new av and banner! Nice!

MikeA
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Ladies (and Austin)...I'll have to sit this game out. Any other album, I could participate in but in this particular one, I just can't view any one song on this album as a single unit. It would be like picking a book and saying "I don't like that chapter so I'll skip it".

"Desperado" (the album) is like that. Every song is part of the story and each one is a chapter. Even the Instrumental "Doolin' Dalton". When I hear that, I have the image in my head of a gang of bank robbers racing out of town with guns blazing and a posse in hot pursuit with the chase leading out through the country with dust thick in the air as they head for the canyons that they know will allow them to throw off the pursuit.

As for Bitter Creek...that reveals the beginnings of a kid turning outlaw. Implications are that he was spurned by everyone when he was a youngster (maybe with cause and maybe without cause) and he's now looking back on that time that he crossed the line and how he made the decision to do that. The old man (his dad? maybe just someone he could talk to) tried to talk him out of it but he was set on it and wanted to show them all that he was contemptuous of their "traditional" lives. The theme of the song reveals the bitterness he has about how he was treated. But he'd show 'em all! He'd have his revenge.

The lyrics and the music of Bitter Creek both contribute to convey the feelings that kid was having now that it was too late to turn around. And as Nancy stated...the "mood" conveyed the foreboding that he had as to where it was all going to END.

I have a pretty vivid imagination when it comes to this album. It fits in with one of my two favorite types of novels (Western and Science Fiction) and also incorporates some incredible music. Those two factors just stir my coals of imagination when I listen to this one.

So Y'all have fun with this one. I can't be objective about it.

Shadowland07
04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
hmmm...I vote for Twenty One

EagleLady
04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I vote for Bitter Creek

Ive always been a dreamer
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow - this is going to be some game, I think. I'm already getting surprised. I thought Twenty-One would be less popular than Bitter Creek, but so far, that's not the case. I don't know why I'm even trying to predict the results. lol

And Mike, I like your analysis of Bitter Creek. As far as you voting in the game, feel free to join in. Objectivity is definitely not a requirement for casting a vote here! :wink:

tequila girl
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
As has already been said....this is going to be a hard one!

I like all of these songs fairly equally I think - there isn't one that I skip, so I just listened to it again and based purely on the fact that Glenn seems to shout rather than sing it, my vote this round is going to
Out of Control

Wildthyme
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
One song on the album has just never grown on me... my vote this round goes for Certain Kind of Fool.

Glennhoney
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
..my vote is for Twenty One

Freypower
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
As for Bitter Creek...that reveals the beginnings of a kid turning outlaw. Implications are that he was spurned by everyone when he was a youngster (maybe with cause and maybe without cause) and he's now looking back on that time that he crossed the line and how he made the decision to do that. The old man (his dad? maybe just someone he could talk to) tried to talk him out of it but he was set on it and wanted to show them all that he was contemptuous of their "traditional" lives. The theme of the song reveals the bitterness he has about how he was treated. But he'd show 'em all! He'd have his revenge.

The lyrics and the music of Bitter Creek both contribute to convey the feelings that kid was having now that it was too late to turn around. And as Nancy stated...the "mood" conveyed the foreboding that he had as to where it was all going to END.

I agree wiith you about Bitter Creek. To me it's a bit like one of Macbeth's later soliloquys (although not quite as towering in terms of language). I am not a fan of the way the song peters out but overall it is one of my favourites.

I am also surprised to already see votes for Certain Kind Of Fool, another of my favourites (I am less surprised to see votes for Out Of Control; I love it but I understand why some may not).

sodascouts
04-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Loved reading your thoughts, Mike. Even if you can't bring yourself to vote, feel free to post more of that!

I've been listening to Desperado again and again over the past few days and each time I do, I seem to like it more. What a magnificent album.

luvthelighthouse
04-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Mike, I love the book anology!

I'm also surprised that Out of Control has gotton votes, because most people on this board love the rock'n songs.

Just when I think I'm ready to cast my vote, I listen to the album again and change my mind! :headscratch:

WalshFan88
04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm also surprised that Out of Control has gotton votes, because most people on this board love the rock'n songs.

Me too... Out Of Control is by far my favorite from the whole album and in my opinion the best song from the album.

Prettymaid
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
With all respect to LTL and her explanation of why SN should stay,

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

Sorry, but for me it's a snoozer. :zzz:

MikeA
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
As far as I know, SN is the only song that has songwriting credit by all of the Eagles.

"Saturday Night"....That one has always left me a bit stumped. I see (or hear) a few things going for it.

#1 What LTL said...They all are credited with coming up with it.
#2 It has some great mandolin in it
#3 I could stretch it to three points in its favor by the adding of that little key change towards the end.
#4 The vocals are good

On the flip side, it WILL lull you to sleep. Slow straight 3/4 Waltz time (just the traditional "boom-chucka-chucka, boom-chucka-chucka" of a waltz.) I can see this one being featured as background for the pros to dance to on Dancing With The Stars (but I'd miss the performance because I HATE that show!) Something the outlaws can no longer indulge in...long term relationships.

I guess this one serves its purpose on the album....but just barely and it is the only song on the whole album I could bring myself to cast a negative vote toward.

But as I said earlier, I won't be voting but am extremely interested in what you all have to say about this controversial work of the Eagles.

luvthelighthouse
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I vividly recall buying Deperado for the first time. Strangly enough, next week Tuesday will be exactly two years ago. I only know the date, because I remember coming home and writing a post about it. I just looked up what I wrote and here is a section of it:

I made my way to the register and handed the guy (I'm guessing owner) the Desperado CD. He took it and said, "This is a GREAT pick. I love this album. You know Randy Meisner, their original bass player sings on here and he's amazing". I smiled and said, "Yes, I know, I'm familiar with Randy. I'm a big Eagles fan." Some reason, I didn't want this stranger to think I was a fly by night person, who only knew Hotel California. He went on to rave about Twenty-One and Bitter Creek. He praised Bernie for his awesome guitar playing and overall for being a wonderful musician. He also shared his least favorites on the CD as Doolin-Dalton (which I personally love). He told me he had seen them on tour for On the Border and Dan Folgelberg opened for them. You could see him searching his memory and smiling as he did. He said it was an amazing night. (I bet)

Every time I hear Bitter Creek, I think of this store owner. To be honest, I didn't care for it at first, but it's grown on me. To be more honest, if it needed my help, I would have voted it off, but it doesn't need my help to go. I'm torn between which one I'm casting my vote for. I know many of you here know I'm not a fan of one song on this album... and it may be may first vote. I'm listing again before I cast my vote. (Actually, I'm on my 3rd listen this morning!)

04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, as I've said many times before, it is hard for me to be too critical of any song on this album because I really like 'em all. My least favorites in order are probably 1) Twenty-One; 2) Saturday Night, and 3) Bitter Creek. I used to actually like Twenty-One more than Bitter Creek, but of all the songs, Bitter Creek has probably grown on me the most.

I think Saturday Night is very pretty, but it's something about the chorus that keeps it from being a favorite. However, I also think it's neat that it was penned by all of the band members. (Hmmm - that might have made a good immunity question. :wink: :lol: )

In any event, I think this round is still up in the air because there could still be a lot of outstanding votes based on participation in previous games. I was going to wait to vote, but I think I'll go ahead and lobby to eliminate my least favorite ...

I cast my vote for Twenty-One.

luvthelighthouse
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I think Saturday Night is very pretty, but it's something about the chorus that keeps it from being a favorite. However, I also think it's neat that it was penned by all of the band members. (Hmmm - that might have made a good immunity question. :wink: :lol: )

You know, as I wrote that, I was thinking, "i wonder if i'm blowing an immunity question". Sorry!!! Really though, being penned by all of them does make it special to me.

04-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh don't worry 'bout that LTL. Soda and I always come up with extra questions just in case things like this come up in the course of discussing the songs. It's all good, and I, for one, welcome the discussions.

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm jumping in with about 2 spare minutes to vote! I wist to vote off 'Bitter Creek' this round!

sodascouts
04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I was listening to Desperado in the car this morning. Both "Twenty-One" and "Out of Control" really woke me up and put a smile on my face!

Others may disagree, but I think Randy's bass playing really gets featured more on this album than on others. Check out the way it drives "Out of Control" and the killer ending ending of "Outlaw Man." Love it!

MikeA
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Those two (OOC and 21) will get the blood pumping!

I recon I must have really weird tastes in music considering how the votes are falling. But I can definitely see that the coherency of "the Project" can't be and is not being considered...each song has to be considered as a stand-alone entity. And that is almost impossible to do with this collection of songs.

whitcap
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I vote for Twenty One

luvthelighthouse
04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
UGH, too close of a call...

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

You've grown on me... but something has to be chosen...

Freypower
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I was listening to Desperado in the car this morning. Both "Twenty-One" and "Out of Control" really woke me up and put a smile on my face!

Others may disagree, but I think Randy's bass playing really gets featured more on this album than on others. Check out the way it drives "Out of Control" and the killer ending ending of "Outlaw Man." Love it!

I agree about Randy's bass, especially on Outlaw Man.

UK TimFan
04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Come on someone - save Bitter Creek. Please.
I think it's a superb song, with many unexpected 'touches', such as the sound of a rattlesnake at about 1.05 when they sing 'don't wade too deep, Bitter Creek'.

Be like me and vote for Twenty one.

Edited to add: My vote is is not a strategic one as such, as Twenty one would be the second song I'd chose to vote off.

pueblo47
04-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I vote for Twenty One

tequila girl
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Judy....I'm Shocked.......how could you vote off Bernie and that fabulous Banjo??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRgfEKGypTQ

pueblo47
04-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Did I do that? Oops:bye:Win some, lose some. Had to make a choice. Sacrifice one for another.

UK TimFan
04-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I vote for Twenty One

Love you, pueblo47. Thank you. :hug:

Just need one more 'someone' to agree with us. :pray:
Mike - if you like Bitter Creek more than Twenty One there's nothing to stop you voting to save your favourite. (If it's the other way round, then forget you read that last sentence! :) )

Troubadour
04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I am going to find this game really, really tough.

It pains me to say it, because I love watching the performance of this song on Kirshner, but I am going to vote for Twenty One. I like it a lot, but it's sandwiched by some fantastic songs... I've always loved Bitter Creek. It feels very authentic to me.

04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and in a very close round, the first song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Twenty-One. “Twenty-One”, I know that we have just begun, but you are done. Now, you can start spending your life upon the road because you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
Twenty-One – 9
Bitter Creek - 8
Saturday Night - 2
Out of Control - 2
Certain Kind of Fool - 2

Vote Breakdown
Twenty-One– Freypower
Twenty-One – Koala
Twenty-One – Shadowland07
Twenty-One – Glennhoney
Twenty-One – Ive always been a dreamer
Twenty-One – whitcap
Twenty-One – UK Timfan
Twenty-One – pueblo47
Twenty-One – Troubadour
Bitter Creek – sodascouts
Bitter Creek – GlennLover
Bitter Creek – TimothyBFan
Bitter Creek – timfan
Bitter Creek – Brooke
Bitter Creek – EagleLady
Bitter Creek – Glennsallnighter
Bitter Creek – luvthelighthouse
Saturday Night – WalshFan88
Saturday Night – Prettymaid
Out of Control – AzEaglesFan
Out of Control – tequila girl
Certain Kind of Fool – EaglesFanatic
Certain Kind of Fool – WildThyme

Songs eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night
Bitter Creek
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise

Voting for Round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

In which song(s) on the album does the queen of hearts appear?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

whitcap
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Desperado and Doolin Dalton/Desperado (reprise)

Bitter Creek immune

04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
That is correct, wc.

Bitter Creek is immune.

Voting for Round Two begins now.

WalshFan88
04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Saturday Night

UK TimFan
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Love you too, Troub. :hug:

And I would like to congratulate whitcap on her excellent choice of song for immunity in this round. :grin:

I thought I'd decided on my vote for this round, but I've just listened to my first and third choices again, and am not sure whether to change them round. :headscratch:

WalshFan88
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Freypower
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm glad Bitter Creek is immune too, and I vote for Saturday Night.

EagleLady
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
I vote For Saturday Night.

luvthelighthouse
04-19-2011, 10:49 PM
If anyone cares to save Saturday Night, may I suggest voting for Out of Control. If others agree, I will join you.

I do enjoy OOC very much... however, I can understand that it does sound a bit like Glenn is screaming. I'm sorry, I can't recall who said that, Freypower?

Freypower
04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
If anyone cares to save Saturday Night, may I suggest voting for Out of Control. If others agree, I will join you.

I do enjoy OOC very much... however, I can understand that it does sound a bit like Glenn is screaming. I'm sorry, I can't recall who said that, Freypower?

That was Tequila Girl.

I will defend OOC & Glenn's vocal to the hilt, unsurprisingly. He is a young man, out there on the loose, and his testosterone is 'out of control'. He's jumping out of his skin in the song so the style of vocal is entirely appropriate.

I miss those days when he actually sang rock songs. When they did covers he did Lazy Days, Dream Baby, Carol... that sort of stuff. Not just slow ballads. The only recent one we have is Somebody & I was lucky even to see him sing that.

How Long is uptempo, I suppose. I don't know why but I keep forgetting about it. :doh:

Shadowland07
04-19-2011, 11:23 PM
hmm...another tough choice to make but i vote...Saturday Night

04-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah ltl - I'm afraid there's no way I would join your coalition either. ITA with Freypower about this. Glenn's vocals on Out of Control are entirely appropriate for the song - I mean the song is called "Out of Control" after all. IMO, the song absolutely rocks and is one of my favorites on the album. I'm withholding my vote for now, but I guess I'll have to offer a counter-challenge ...

Save Out of Control!

Vote for Saturday Night!!!

WalshFan88
04-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Save Out of Control!

Vote for Saturday Night!!!

:singer::guitar::rockon:

Koala
04-20-2011, 01:27 AM
I vote for Saturday Night!

EaglesFanatic
04-20-2011, 03:06 AM
I vote for Certain Kind Of Fool.

tequila girl
04-20-2011, 04:17 AM

I vote Out of Control

It was me that said that :blush: and can I just explain that I wasn't saying I don't like the song.....as i've already said I love them all, I was just trying to find an excuse to vote for it......in future I think I might just vote without giving an explanation as to why :doh:

Prettymaid
04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Stick to your guns Carole! We want to hear your opinions even if everybody doesn't agree with them.

I will wait to see if SN even needs my vote this round. If not I'll come up with something. ;-)

TimothyBFan
04-20-2011, 07:37 AM
OOC is in my top 3 on this album.

Going with the flow on this one.

I vote for Saturday Night.

Brooke
04-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh great. Bitter Creek made it through and my second least favorite went out. Now what do I do? :ack:

OOC is one of my very favorites, and I love Glenn's delivery, so I'm definitely not voting for it yet. Sorry. :nope:

I also love Don's raspy voice on Saturday Night. So sexy! So, what's a girl to do?

I guess I'll vote for SN next, but I don't want to. :sad:

MikeA
04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Desperado and Doolin Dalton/Desperado (reprise)

Bitter Creek immune

Good on ya whitecap! You immunized a great song! Took a lot of hits in the first round.

Hated to see Twenty-One go though. But then, I'd hate to see any of them go. Well, except for Saturday Night. I'm not particularly fond of Waltz beat, but I do like the mandolin it SN.

luvthelighthouse
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
While I really love SN, I understand why it's getting so many votes. I guess it is a snoozefest, especially compared to OOC.. which by the way, I really like.

Like many others, I love the whole album... but we must make choices to help our "favorite" win. I guess at this point, voting for SN or OOC does't really make a difference, as neither where in my top five.

The things I love about SN are, that all the guys wrote it together... and the very smooth lyrics. I guess that's why it's a snoozer...because it is slow and smooth... and I enjoy the story it tells...

I'm holding off voting for now... to see if I have to pull out some stategic move... :lol:

UK TimFan
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Like many others, I love the whole album... but we must make choices to help our "favorite" win. I guess at this point, voting for SN or OOC does't really make a difference, as neither where in my top five.

I'm holding off voting for now... to see if I have to pull out some stategic move... :lol:
I agree, there are some tough choices going to have to be made in this Survivor, and there will probably be more strategic voting than in any other. Even to the point of sacrificing one of your own favourites to save another.

I think it's a case of 'pick your very top three' and then fight to keep those three for as long as possible. Though I don't know what happens if they make it through to the final three in the game and you have to make a choice between them. :-)

Glennhoney
04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
I vote for Bitter Creek....and YES, let's save Saturday night...:nod:

pueblo47
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Bitter Creek is immune this round?

TimothyBFan
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Getting a chance today, to catch up a bit on some of the threads I haven't had a chance to read all of. In reading through this one, I realize I am really in minority on the board, on how I feel about this album.

This from Austin in the Upcoming Desperado Survivor thread....
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145025&postcount=47

I'm in the same "group" as TBF, for me I'm not a big Country fan and that is what I hear on Desperado. Of course everyone has their favorites and their order and everything and I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch, but it is probably my least favorite. Desperado, to my ears, sounds way different than anything they did on the first album or later 70s albums that were more rock.So Austin, are you feeling as much like a lone wolf as I am in this game?

WalshFan88
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Getting a chance today, to catch up a bit on some of the threads I haven't had a chance to read all of. In reading through this one, I realize I am really in minority on the board, on how I feel about this thread.

This from Austin in the Upcoming Desperado Survivor thread....
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145025&postcount=47

So Austin, are you feeling as much like a lone wolf as I am in this game?

I am indeed! :nod: Right with ya on that one.

AzEaglesFan
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I vote for Out of Control

MikeA
04-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Just an observation here:

Between this thread, the Leadon thread and that thread we had a while back on Hotel California Survivor, it is clear that there are some distinct divisions on which flavor of Eagles music is favored by those on the forum here!

Dylan may have said it best:

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

I sure get a sore crotch riding the fence but dang it, I like most all of it! I'll admit that I wasn't nearly as big an Eagles fan before Hotel California, but I was aware of them and started listening to them seriously with their first album and haven't stopped. I do admit that I haven't really gotten into LROE, but I'm still young and there is time!

Wildthyme
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Out of Control is one of my higher rated songs. Although it never occurred to me I guess I can see how some folks feel it sounds like Glenn is screaming. However I feel a need to protect it, at least for now :D. My vote this round goes to Saturday Night.

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Well I must say I too LOVE Glenn :heart:'s 'Out of Control' voice on the song with the same name. I woudn't dream of voting it off yet, though I can't see it making the top 3 either. I must say I love Saturday Night as well. Its real nostalgic and easy to listen to.
But I suppose its a little too country for me.

Ok better save OOC!

My vote this round is for 'Saturday Night'

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Looks like Saturday Night is going down. Next on my list to go is immune... so I guess it's between the next two on my list.

I know I suggested voting for OOC... but that was only to save SN, which clearly didn't work. I know nobody would jump on board w/my other suggestion... which brings me to this... (which will come as no surprise to many, as I've voiced my thoughts on this song before)

Years ago, there was an episode on Seinfeld where Putty would get all sentimental whenever he heard Desperado and Elaine thought maybe they could get that way with Witchy Woman. I remember after the epi aired thinking, "could they have picked my least two favorite Eagles songs?"

It wasn't until approx 2 years ago that I actually listened and learned the lyrics to Desperado. I went through a phase where I did listen to it over and over... but it never did become a chart topper for me. From it's opening note, it depressed me. I'm okay with sad songs, I can enjoy them... but this is depressing to me. It is musically smooth and peaceful, which normally I take pleasure in... I can't put my finger on what it is... I mean, the lyrics are descent... the end where they harmonize, "let somebody love you", I think sounds so good... but yeah, doesn't save it for me.

That said, I vote for Desperado. (um, is there a take cover icon?) lol

Glennhoney
04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
oops, sorry about that. but I want to save Saturday Night, so my vote will have to be DESPERADO
..HAVING LOOKED AT THE LIST AGAIN AND AGAIN, I FEEL I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.....SO SORRY...............:weep:

04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
GH - you can only vote once per round even if you make a mistake. Sorry, but, as we always say, them's the rules.

pueblo47
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I vote for Tequila Sunrise.

whitcap
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I vote for Outlaw Man.

UK TimFan
04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
This is getting interesting. :smile: Based on the numbers from the first round there's still quite a lot of people to vote, and if they all voted for the same song (i.e. other than Saturday night) then 'Saturday night' could still be saved.

pueblo47
04-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Major problem with me is this is my fav album and it's hard to make any kind of choice.

UK TimFan
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Major problem with me is this is my fav album and it's hard to make any kind of choice.
I have to say that some of the songs have unexpectedly grown on me while I've been listening to decide a 'vote off' order, so what I thought would be quite a simple task has suddenly become far more complicated. Though the bottom two are easy, apart from which order to vote for them. :D

sodascouts
04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Things have been crazy-busy at work (and will continue to be until this long day is over) but I had to get my vote in really quickly!

I cast my vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

I love it but so many other songs have already gotten votes - I think I need to hedge my bets! lol

Troubadour
04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
This is an almost impossible choice. I will reluctantly vote for Certain Kind Of Fool, although I am really torn.

UK TimFan
04-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I will also vote for 'Certain kind of fool'.

Prettymaid
04-21-2011, 07:11 PM
I guess I don't have to waste a vote on SN. It's going down!

So-o-o-o-o-o, I'll vote for Doolin-Dalton.

04-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Well Saturday Night doesn't need my vote either, so I'll try to even the score at bit. Good grief this is a hard game already!!!

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and the next song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Saturday Night. “Saturday Night”, seemed like a dream such a short time ago, but what a tangled web we have weaved for you. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Saturday Night – 9
Certain Kind of Fool – 4
Out of Control – 2
Outlaw Man – 2
Desperado – 1
Tequila Sunrise – 1
Doolin-Dalton –1

Vote Breakdown
Saturday Night – WalshFan88
Saturday Night – Freypower
Saturday Night – EagleLady
Saturday Night – Shadowland07
Saturday Night – Koala
Saturday Night – TimothyBFan
Saturday Night – Brooke
Saturday Night – WildThyme
Saturday Night – Glennsallnighter
Certain Kind of Fool – EaglesFanatic
Certain Kind of Fool – sodascouts
Certain Kind of Fool – Troubadour
Certain Kind of Fool – UK Timfan
Outlaw Man – whitcap
Outlaw Man – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado – luvthelighthouse
Tequila Sunrise – pueblo47
Doolin-Dalton – Prettymaid

Songs eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Saturday Night 4/21

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Bitter Creek

Voting for Round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song on this album has been performed by Don, Glenn, and Joe in their solo shows?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

whitcap
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Desperado

Bitter creek immune

04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
That is correct, wc.

Bitter Creek is immune.

Voting for Round Three begins now.

EagleLady
04-21-2011, 08:18 PM

Freypower
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
I would have voted for Bitter Creek, but as I can't I have no option but to vote for the song which is my next least favourite, and as unpopular as this may be, that is Desperado.

04-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh man - No offense, wc but I was fearing that Bitter Creek would be made immune. I like the song a lot, but I like all of the other remaining songs better. I think we are going to have to try to form another coalition to save Out of Control. It looks like the best chance at a coalition right now is to vote for Certain Kind of Fool based on previous rounds. I hate to do this because I love this song. I'm not going to vote yet, but I now urge everyone to ...

SAVE OUT OF CONTROL

VOTE FOR CERTAIN KIND OF FOOL!!!

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
UGH! No Dreamer, not a Randy song! I love the story of how the young man became an outlaw! (paraphrasing Glenn) Kinda reminds me of Juke Box Hero...

Such a good song... no no...

Save Certain Kind of Fool

Vote off Out of Control

WalshFan88
04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Outlaw Man

AzEaglesFan
04-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I vote Out of Control

Koala
04-22-2011, 03:01 AM
I vote for Certain Kind of Fool

tequila girl
04-22-2011, 04:44 AM
I Vote Out of Control

sodascouts
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM

Brooke
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Yep, I have to join the coalition. I didn't want to vote for this yet, but since BC is immune I have no choice. :ack:

SAVE OUT OF CONTROL.

VOTE FOR CERTAIN KIND OF FOOL.

I vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

MikeA
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Poor Bitter Creek! Y'all are gonna give that song a complex! :yay:

sodascouts
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Bitter Creek's days are numbered. Right now he's hunkering down behind some cover but eventually the townsfolk will force him out into the open and that's when he'll get gunned down. Sad but true. :(

MikeA
04-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, seems like that hombre has some com padres who've got his back and at showdown time, he can deal out a hand...they'll have to be 6's...45's to be exact.

Maybe THAT's what he should do...revive the 45's (rpm that is).

I know he'll go down a-scratchin' and a-bitein'. Much to good to get hung.

Troubadour
04-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I've got to be fair and vote for my previous choice - Certain Kind Of Fool.

GlennLover
04-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I vote Certain Kind of Fool. I want to save Out of Control but CKOF would have been my choice anyway.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, as with me! I too vote for 'Certain Kind of Fool'

timfan
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
I cast my vote for Out of Control

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Note: I'm afraid that due to some incidents in the recent past where posters have joined up under multiple usernames, we only allow members in good standing to play these games (in other words, members who have demonstrated their authenticity through their contributions to the board). Thus, I had to delete some questionable votes. Just FYI. :)

04-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks Nanc. It is such a shame when grown adults can't be trusted to play nice. Oh well - VERY BIG :sigh: !

Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and cast my vote. I hate to have to make this song the sacrificial lamb because I absolutely love it. I really don't think it deserves to go down this early, but neither does Out of Control. Both are great songs, but I think the rockin' raw attitude of Out of Control makes it a standout on this album. Therefore, with sadness ...

whitcap
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Glennhoney
04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
..my vote..."Certain kind of fool"

pueblo47
04-23-2011, 03:05 PM
My vote is Out Of Control.

luvthelighthouse
04-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I vote for Out of Control!

UK TimFan
04-23-2011, 07:38 PM
As it was a toss-up which song I voted for in the last round, I've decided that this time I'll vote for the other one.
I therefore vote for 'Out of control'.

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
It's been a hard-fought round, but the tribe has spoken and the next song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Certain Kind of Fool. “Certain Kind of Fool", it looks like you need to go out to the country and practice some more. It's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Certain Kind of Fool – 8
Out of Control – 8
Outlaw Man – 1
Desperado – 1

Tie-breaker Votes:
Certain Kind of Fool - 6
Out of Control - 4

Vote Breakdown
Certain Kind of Fool - Koala
Certain Kind of Fool - sodascouts
Certain Kind of Fool - Brooke
Certain Kind of Fool – Troubadour
Certain Kind of Fool - GlennLover
Certain Kind of Fool - Glennsallnighter
Certain Kind of Fool - Ive always been a dreamer
Certain Kind of Fool - Glennhoney
Out of Control - EagleLady
Out of Control - timfan
Out of Control - whitcap
Out of Control - pueblo47
Out of Control - luvthelighthouse
Out of Control - UK TimFan
Desperado - Freypower
Outlaw Man - WalshFan88

Songs eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Saturday Night 4/21

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Outlaw Man
Bitter Creek

Voting for Round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Name the two non-Eagles portraying dead members of the Doolin-Dalton gang on the back cover of the Desperado album.

whitcap
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
JD Souther and Jackson Browne

Bitter Creek immune

Freypower
04-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Jackson Browne & J.D.Souther

Outlaw Man immune

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
That is correct.

BITTER CREEK is immune.

Voting for Round 4 starts NOW.

MikeA
04-23-2011, 08:04 PM
There be some gunslingers in this here gang! :pimp:

04-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Well time to form another coalition to save Out of Control. It seems like the best chance of saving it at this point is to vote for Outlaw Man. Again, they are both great songs, but if you think Out of Control is worth saving then join in ...

Save Out of Control

Vote for Outlaw Man!!!

P.S. I'm not voting at this time!

UK TimFan
04-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Easy choice this time. (Next time, depending on what's eliminated, it could be tears before bedtime!) :grin:

I vote for 'Out of control'.

EagleLady
04-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Once Again, My vote goes to Out of Control.

Freypower
04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm going to wait for a while before I vote.

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, I love Outlaw Man, but it IS a cover....

luvthelighthouse
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Well, I love Outlaw Man, but is IS a cover....

It is? I tell ya, the things I learn on this site. Who did it orginally?

WalshFan88
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Because I believe Out Of Control is the best song on the album (the probably rockiest song on that album too).......

I vote for Outlaw Man

sodascouts
04-23-2011, 11:25 PM
It is? I tell ya, the things I learn on this site. Who did it orginally?

David Blue - but his version isn't nearly as awesome as the Eagles one.

AzEaglesFan
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I vote for Out of Control.

Koala
04-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Decisions, Decisions.............I vote for Out of Control, love it but.....

tequila girl
04-24-2011, 05:36 AM
I vote Out of Control

timfan
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I vote for Outlaw Man

Prettymaid
04-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Shoot, I love Outlaw Man.

I'll vote for Doolin-Dalton.

MikeA
04-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Are you beginning to see why I gave up before we started Cathy? I couldn't make a decision against anything on that album except maybe Saturday Night. And, with SN, it isn't that it is a "bad song"....I just didn't think it "fit" with the story and mood as the rest of the songs.

Brooke
04-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I really can't understand the dislike for Out Of Control. It totally rocks! :headscratch:

I vote for Outlaw Man.

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I love OOC as well. It really DOES rock! I suppose in an effort to save it I cast my vote thos round for 'OUTLAW MAN'

Glennhoney
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
...sigh...I guess it has to be Outlaw Man

Freypower
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I can't vote for Outlaw Man even to save OOC although I thought about it. I vote for Desperado. I suppose both OM & OOC will shortly be gone, to my disappointment. That's how it goes; but I won't contribute to their demise. I think both are great songs & sometimes I find it hard to choose which I prefer (at the moment I would say I prefer Outlaw Man).

pueblo47
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I vote for OUT OF CONTROL

WalshFan88
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM

:machinegun::sword::hilarious::-D JK

That's payback for your icons during my "Saturday Night" vote! :rofl:

Shadowland07
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I vote Out of Control

luvthelighthouse
04-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Wow, this game isn't as all over the place as I thought it would be. If basically between song x or y. Vote one to save another. Crazy, but fun!

OOC is a good song... however Outlaw Man... I dunno, maybe it's that video of Glenn in the 70's singing it... but I love it! The chorus is great, the tempo change at the end... ah... the makings of a great song.
I did listen the David Blue version and was not a fan.

sodascouts
04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Hey guys, don't forget it's good for your soul to get out of control! ;)

I love all these songs so much that it's hard to vote for any of them!

Wildthyme
04-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Looks like I will have to vote for Outlaw Man this round...

TimothyBFan
04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Because I believe Out Of Control is the best song on the album (the probably rockiest song on that album too).......

I vote for Outlaw Man

You got that right!!!

Sure didn't think Bitter Creek would still be here---WOW!

I vote for Outlaw Man.

whitcap
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I vote for Outlaw Man

sodascouts
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't think I ever officially voted!

I love it so much but like I said before, the fact that it's a cover puts it a rung lower than the rest of the material that's left, for me.

04-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh my - this games sure isn't getting any easier. I say we just quit and declare them all winners! :wink: As much as it pains me to vote for this rockin' song, it must be done. I love it, but I just love the rockin' youthful, wild attitude in Out of Control more. So, with great reluctance ...

UK TimFan
04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I am now going to throw my toys out of the pram, have a massive sulk, and :weep:and :weep:and :weep:for hours, because I can't see anyone saving Outlaw man this late in this round.
It has really grown on me during this game, and it's currently one of my most played songs.

Just for clarification,

I am NOT a happy bunny.

04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and in another nailbiter, the next song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Outlaw Man. “Outlaw Man”, don’t try to understand, but you aren’t the man who won this time. It’s a good thing that the highway is your legacy because its time for you to hit the road heading off the island.

Votes
Outlaw Man – 10
Out of Control – 8
Doolin-Dalton – 1
Desperado – 1

Vote Breakdown
Outlaw Man – WalshFan88
Outlaw Man – timfan
Outlaw Man – Brooke
Outlaw Man – Glennsallnighter
Outlaw Man – Glennhoney
Outlaw Man – WildThyme
Outlaw Man – TimothyBFan
Outlaw Man – whitcap
Outlaw Man – sodascouts
Outlaw Man – Ive always been a dreamer
Out of Control – UK Timfan
Out of Control – EagleLady
Out of Control – Koala
Out of Control – pueblo47
Out of Control – Shadowland07
Out of Control – luvthelighthouse
Doolin-Dalton – Prettymaid
Desperado – Freypower

Songs eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Saturday Night 4/21
Outlaw Man 4/25

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Bitter Creek

Voting for Round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

In which Kansas town did the Dalton gang meet their final fate?

whitcap
04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
coffeyville

bitter creek immune

pueblo47
04-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Out of Control - 10
Outlaw man - 8

Did I read this wrong?

04-25-2011, 08:05 PM
That is correct.

Bitter Creek is immune.

Voting for Round Five begins now.

UK TimFan
04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
As it's my least favourite song left, I vote for Out of control.

UK TimFan
04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Out of Control - 10
Outlaw man - 8

Did I read this wrong?

That's what it says, but unfortunately it's not how the votes counted up!

04-25-2011, 08:13 PM
That was my mistake, but I have corrected it. Sorry!

Prettymaid
04-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I don't know what I did wrong earlier when I tallied them up, but I had them at a tie, 9-9. But just now when I double checked it is indeed 10-8. :headscratch:

Wildthyme
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I vote for the Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise this round. I rarely enjoy reprises of songs I really like and this one is no exception...

EagleLady
04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
ONCE AGAIN! I will vote for the song that is too stubborn to leave, Out of Control.

04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, I want to encourage more participation in trying to answer the immunity questions. This is in no way at all intended to offend whitcap, but I would love to see others attempt to answer. It would just make the game a bit more exciting, IMO, if the same song isn't immune throughout the game. Again, no personal offense intended to whitcap.

We need to form another coalition for those who want to continue to protect Out of Control. Based on previous rounds, it looks like voting for Doolin-Dalton is the best hope at saving Out of Control again. So once more ...

SAVE OUT OF CONTROL

VOTE FOR DOOLIN-DALTON!!!

I just absolutely love the song, but we need to keep the rockingest song on the album alive. Plus, I LOVE the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise even better. I would actually love to see the reprise win this game. I think it is one of the most exceptional reprises I've ever heard. It is it's own unique song rather than a repeat of the other songs. The dramatic way it builds is the perfect end to this amazing album. Not only that but, if it were to win, it would kinda be like two songs winning instead of one. :wink:

WalshFan88
04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Doolin-Dalton

Save Out Of Control - Vote for Doolin-Dalton

WalshFan88
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I just absolutely love the song, but we need to keep the rockingest song on the album alive.

Absolutely! Rock N' Roll! :guitar: OOC is the best track on the album IMO.... I want it to win the game!

luvthelighthouse
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Bitter Creek is still in this? UGH! :cuss:... but that's how the water flows... dang it! I'm never around when the round ends and I was hoping another song would be immune this time.

I enjoy most of the remaining songs and was looking forward to voting off the easiest one, IMO, to get rid of. What to do, what to do? OOC, DD or D?

I too like the reprise of DD better than the original. I'm gonna have to think on this one. Anyone want to argue the merits of what should go next?

Freypower
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I am very glad that OOC is still here; it was just that I could not bring myself to vote for Outlaw Man.

I prefer Doolin-Dalton to its Reprise (the Reprise is a bit repetitive, effective though it is). However it would appear that if I wish to save OOC it might be advisable to joint this coalition. So with reluctance I also say:

SAVE OOC. VOTE FOR DOOLIN-DALTON.

(NB I hope it's clear that I vote for Doolin-Dalton & I hope it's OK that I edited the post for that reason).

GlennLover
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I vote Doolin' Dalton. I really like it, as I do almost all of the songs on the album, but I can't let OOC go.

Wildthyme
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Bitter Creek is still in this? UGH! :cuss:... but that's how the water flows... dang it! I'm never around when the round ends and I was hoping another song would be immune this time.

Its only still here because some keeps making it immune but even if it lasts until the end, once it can't be protected by immunity I predict it will be bye bye Bitter Creek...

UK TimFan
04-25-2011, 10:49 PM
We need to form another coalition for those who want to continue to protect Out of Control. Based on previous rounds, it looks like voting for Doolin-Dalton is the best hope at saving Out of Control again. So once more ...

Um, think your statistics might be a little awry there. :smile:
Votes for songs which are still in the game:
Round one: Out of control 2 Bitter Creek 8 (Twenty one eliminated)
Round two: Out of control 2 Desperado 1 Doolin-Dalton 1 Tequila sunrise 1 (Saturday night eliminated)
Round three: Out of control 8 Desperado 1 (Certain kind of fool eliminated)
Round four: Out of control 8 Desperado 1 Doolin-Dalton 1 (Outlaw man eliminated)

So it's actually Desperado which has more votes from previous rounds (3) than Doolin-Dalton which only has 2. Both of which are left way behind Out of control which has twenty.

Shadowland07
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM

whitcap
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, I want to encourage more participation in trying to answer the immunity questions. This is in no way at all intended to offend whitcap, but I would love to see others attempt to answer. It would just make the game a bit more exciting, IMO, if the same song isn't immune throughout the game. Again, no personal offense intended to whitcap.

No offense taken :) I know not everyone loves Bitter Creek as much as I do. While I'd love to see the song finish third (the highest I can get it with immunity) I'd be fine with the song finishing fourth or fifth if someone beat me to the immunity question in the next round or two :) While Bitter Creek is at the top of my list I love all of the remaining songs.

AzEaglesFan
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm with you WC, I love Bitter Creek.

UK TimFan
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm with you WC, I love Bitter Creek.
Thirded. :smile:

(Though it could do with about 10-15 seconds less of the oo-oos at the end!)

04-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Um, think your statistics might be a little awry there. :smile:
Votes for songs which are still in the game:
Round one: Out of control 2 Bitter Creek 8 (Twenty one eliminated)
Round two: Out of control 2 Desperado 1 Doolin-Dalton 1 Tequila sunrise 1 (Saturday night eliminated)
Round three: Out of control 8 Desperado 1 (Certain kind of fool eliminated)
Round four: Out of control 8 Desperado 1 Doolin-Dalton 1 (Outlaw man eliminated)

So it's actually Desperado which has more votes from previous rounds (3) than Doolin-Dalton which only has 2. Both of which are left way behind Out of control which has twenty.

Thanks for the recap UK TF. I was aware of that vote count; however, when I was trying to decide which song to target to form the most successful coalition, I thought that Doolin-Dalton had a more realistic chance of succeeding than Desperado. I don’t think most people are ready to vote for Desperado yet. Of course, a coalition will only succeed if the majority of players in the game want to save Out of Control. As soon as most players decide it is time for it to go, then a call for a coalition to save it won’t work.

For me personally, I rather not call for coalitions at all because I think most people would prefer to just vote for their favorite songs or the songs they think are the best. However, as we’ve seen here, most of the players aren’t ready to eliminate Out of Control and that’s why it’s still hanging around by virtue of coalitions. That seems to be the way these Survivor games have been working lately.

Now along these lines, ltl asked if anyone wanted to make a case for what song should be eliminated next. I already said why I thought Doolin-Dalton should go next, but I’d love to see someone make a case for why Out of Control should be eliminated. I’m going to try to explain why I think Out of Control should stay – this song, along with Outlaw Man, are the only two rockers on the album. They are important because they give the album it’s main boost of energy. If not for their presence, I think the album would drag and become somewhat boring even though all the songs are very good. I think it was a great move to contrast the raw, wild, and youthful energy of OOC and follow it with the smooth and vulnerable vocals of Tequila Sunrise. OOC has great music, wild, raw vocals and lyrics that are very fitting for the song, and is one of the rockingest songs the band ever recorded. Thematically, it fits in perfectly with the remainder of the album, but musically it burst out like no other.

Now, as far as Bitter Creek – I like it a lot too, but it’s not a track that I think should be in the top five. JMHO. As I always say that’s the problem with the Eagles – they just have too many good songs! :wink:

Koala
04-26-2011, 01:42 AM

UK TimFan
04-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Now along these lines, ltl asked if anyone wanted to make a case for what song should be eliminated next. I already said why I thought Doolin-Dalton should go next, but I’d love to see someone make a case for why Out of Control should be eliminated.
My case for 'Out of control' to be eliminated this round is simply that it has by far and away the most previous votes.
For the last two rounds it received eight votes each time, and in fact in round three tied on the number of votes cast with 'Certain kind of fool', and only stayed in the competition because CKoF had received more votes in rounds 1 and 2.
So although (like Bitter Creek) there are a few people who really like OOC, it would seem that there are more people for whom it is way down their list of favourite songs, and it should therefore be gone.

Glennhoney
04-26-2011, 07:20 AM
..my vote...Doolin- Dalton

TimothyBFan
04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
I’m going to try to explain why I think Out of Control should stay – this song, along with Outlaw Man, are the only two rockers on the album. They are important because they give the album it’s main boost of energy.

Precisely why it's my least favorite Eagles album and Out Of Control is my favorite song on it.

And can I just say WOW to the fact that BC is still here. Just my opinion, but I seriously don't think it deserves to still be around longer than Outlaw Man. Someone needs to get just a tad faster than Whitecap and beat her to that immunity question! :hilarious:

I guess I'm jumping on the band wagon here and voting with the coalition.

My vote this round is for Doolin-Dalton.

MikeA
04-26-2011, 09:20 AM
The only thing against Desperado that I critique it for is the timing of its release. It was pretty early in their careers for them to come out with that kind of "Concept Album". I mean, they did come out with their Self Titled album first and that one sort of Defined them as a Country Rock band and it was pretty well accepted. Then comes "Desperado" and confuses everyone. It's an album that isn't about individual songs but rather and entire tragic story and for that type tragedy, it would be difficult to come out with joyous high tempo music and get the point across that going the way of the gang was not all glamorous.

Maybe if they had waited a while to get firmly established in mainstream music before releasing Desperado, it would have gone over better. It sure got off on a slow start, but eventually, its sales did pick up.

The performance on Desperado is as good as it gets for the Eagles. Spot on lyrically and instrumentally, they were phenomenal on every track. Their diversity in instruments was really put on display with driving bass, drum beats, rhythm guitar and then the mandolin, harp, banjo and steel....they brought it all to the table on this Album along with a continuity that was fairly unique to the Rock industry. There had been a few released prior to Desperado and they must have really intrigued Don Henley. Seems I recall that the "Concept Album" was his strong goal at the time. I may have gotten my wires crossed there...it could have been Glenn who was driving that effort. Not sure right now.

pueblo47
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
As you pointed out, Mike, I'm also confused as to WHICH Doolin-Dalton is being voted out....the song, the instrumental or the reprise? It's on the album 3 times, so does this mean if the song is voted out, that the other two also go out at the same time or is the vote for the individual tracks?

Prettymaid
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
The instrumental is not a contender according to the first post of this thread. As far as the other two, you need to be very specific when voting. Currently there is a coalition for Doolin-Dalton (not the reprise).

Brooke
04-26-2011, 10:08 AM
No offense taken :) I know not everyone loves Bitter Creek as much as I do. While I'd love to see the song finish third (the highest I can get it with immunity) I'd be fine with the song finishing fourth or fifth if someone beat me to the immunity question in the next round or two :) While Bitter Creek is at the top of my list I love all of the remaining songs.

Ok, wc, what gives with saving BC again! :saberfight: :lol: Could you tell us why you love it so much? Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are. I am always tied up at home during the evenings and can't get to the 'puter to try to answer the immunity question. So hats off to you for being so diligent.

To me, BC is a very unexciting and brooding song. Nearly depressing and I often skip it.

I don't know if I can continue to vote now, since I love all the rest of the songs left. Besides BC.

TimothyBFan
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Since I've been thinking quite a bit this morning about this game and how it's going because of BC being immune every round and thinking how it would be very, very different, I think, if anything else had been made immune these past rounds, I was just coming here also to ask what specifically you love about Bitter Creek, Whitecap. It just does nothing for me at all. I also find it a bit depressing like Brooke.

Been meaning to say that I'm loving everyone's Desperado signatures but Brooke--I think I love yours the best with the Out Of Control reference!! :hilarious:

BTW---I need to also add that I'm throwing myself off with my new sig & avi! It's kinda freaking me out when I hit submit and Ben & the boys pop up...and then of course I have to stare at Ben for a minute or 2 before moving on. That's one freakin' sexy picture of him & the sucker! :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
BC has grown on me over the years. It used to be I always skipped it. I listen to it now, it's not bad... but it was still the last on my list.

This game has thrown me for a loop. I actually had OOC under Desperado... but there have been lots of good arguements for OOC. My biggest dissappoint to date is the Outlaw Man is gone so soon! I thought for sure that one would have beaten out the likes of DD.

As for DD vs the DD/D reprise... I enjoy the reprise so much more! It has sexy Don vibe.

Side note on signatures... everytime I look at mine, (which I'm much to lazy to change) I get annoyed that Joe isn't in it! However, I love the pic (took it at one of their shows) and it brings back good memories. Too bad Joe was at the other end of the stage. I am loving both the Deperado sigs, as well as all the sigs of guys that aren't in the band! (Cars, Jackson, James Taylor)

Brooke
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Been meaning to say that I'm loving everyone's Desperado signatures but Brooke--I think I love yours the best with the Out Of Control reference!! :hilarious:

Why thank you! Aren't the guys just too cool in that pic?! I don't know how to do it actually. I just stumbled in to that one! And in case you didn't know, I love Out of Control!

And I must agree, your Ben av is gorgeous and sexy! :nod:

Prettymaid
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
My biggest dissappoint to date is the Outlaw Man is gone so soon! I thought for sure that one would have beaten out the likes of DD.

Me too LTL. I like Outlaw Man more than Out Of Control or Doolin Dalton! :ack:

pueblo47
04-26-2011, 11:03 AM
The instrumental is not a contender according to the first post of this thread. As far as the other two, you need to be very specific when voting. Currently there is a coalition for Doolin-Dalton (not the reprise).The first post....I can't remember the last post here, much less the first:hilarious:....being one of the more distracted, unattentive posters in here.......best excuse I got....:zzz:

BTW, Bitter Creek, other than its somewhat too long ending, is also my favorite, bar none, song on this album.:partytime:

Prettymaid
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Pueblo, I only referred to the first post because of what Soda wrote in it...

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

The first post of the Survivor games are always updated to reflect which songs have been eliminated and which songs are left. Good tip for anyone who didn't know. :thumbsup:

UK TimFan
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
My biggest dissappoint to date is the Outlaw Man is gone so soon! I thought for sure that one would have beaten out the likes of DD.
You can join me in blaming Dreamer for that. She was the one in last round who urged people to vote Outlaw man to save OOC. (post #one hundred & eighteen)

Well time to form another coalition to save Out of Control. It seems like the best chance of saving it at this point is to vote for Outlaw Man.
I'm still confused as to why she put the two rockers against each other, especially as there were only three previous votes for Outlaw Man while there had been twelve for OOC. :smile:
(Other previous votes cast at the beginning of round four were Desperado 2. Tequila sunrise 1, Doolin-Dalton 1.)
Yes, in this instance 3 was a majority, but hardly an overwhelming majority, especially when compared to the votes against OOC.
Why not put OOC against Doolin-Dalton, which is the suggested coalition for this round? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Annabel
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Missed last week's worth of 'fun' because of DH being on holiday but am in the 'fight' now :laugh:

I vote for Doolin'- Dalton purely because it is my least favourite out of those left in the game.

TimothyBFan
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
You can join me in blaming Dreamer for that. She was the one in last round who urged people to vote Outlaw man to save OOC. (post #one hundred & eighteen)

I'm still confused as to why she put the two rockers against each other, especially as there were only three previous votes for Outlaw Man while there had been twelve for OOC. :smile:

Why not put OOC against Doolin-Dalton, which is the suggested coalition for this round? :confused: :confused: :confused:

First, I must say I would have voted for Outlaw Man anyways since BC had been made immune once again. I rarely go with the coalition, instead, opting to go with a list of my own that I make previously. I don't need anyone to tell me what to vote for, as I'm sure most of us here don't.

As for, "she put the two rockers against each other", I can't speak for Dreamer but I rather doubt she's trying to sabotage the game or anything. :hilarious: We all have our reasons for playing the game the way we do and it's up to others on rather they want to join a coalition, try to beat someone to an immunity question or vote for any song they wish. So I really don't think we should be "blaming" anyone for the way the game proceeds.

It's just a friendly game and if we are going to take it so seriously, then maybe it shouldn't be played by those that take it that way. JMO of course and please forgive me if I'm reading more into your post than I should be!

04-26-2011, 01:33 PM
(Other previous votes cast at the beginning of round four were Desperado 2. Tequila sunrise 1, Doolin-Dalton 1.)
Yes, in this instance 3 was a majority, but hardly an overwhelming majority, especially when compared to the votes against OOC.

UK TF - I honestly don't know how to explain this any better than what I previously did, but I'll give it a try. Out of Control is the song that I was trying to save each round when I called for a coalition. Each time I did so I had to go with the song that I thought had the best chance at being eliminated at that point. Believe me, I didn't want to sacrifice those songs, especially Certain Kind of Fool and Outlaw Man, but it was the only chance to save Out of Control. As I said before, if others had not wanted to save Out of Control, they would not have joined the coalition.

You stated earlier ...

So although (like Bitter Creek) there are a few people who really like OOC, it would seem that there are more people for whom it is way down their list of favourite songs, and it should therefore be gone.

I would have to disagree with your argument here. There are more than just a few people who like Out of Control. The majority of people voting in the game so far apparently think the song is good enough that it deserves to still be in the game. That is why it has survived all efforts to get rid of it at this point and people are willing to sacrifice other songs that they love in order to save it.

I don't know if this makes any more sense than my first post, but I tried. :wink: As I said, I would prefer not to have to form coalitions at all and just let folks vote for the songs they want to each round. However, when a really good song is being targeted for elimination before it deserves to be, you have to fight strategy with strategy.

04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
It's just a friendly game and if we are going to take it so seriously, then maybe it shouldn't be played by those that take it that way. JMO of course and please forgive me if I'm reading more into your post than I should be!

Thank you, Willie - I couldn't agree with you more. I love to see people get into the spirit of the game. However, it is just a game and we started playing these as a way to just have a little fun around here. But, when the competitive side of people comes out, unfortunately, it can turn into more of a contest than just plain fun.

luvthelighthouse
04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
This is often the problem w/written forums... no tone of voice. I know the little smiles often help evoke emotions/tones... but not always. I took the "blame" comment in jest... hope that's all it was. More pouty and really being upset.

I know in the past I have jokingly expressed my displeasure in a song being voted off and I was told I was too serious. The reality though, I was being playful and not really upset.

I love the discussions inbetween each round and I would hate to see them go by the wayside. I've learned so much on this site, from such a great diverse group of people. To side note: I often refer back to, "The second greatest band" elimation Mike started in "Singing for the Sake of the Song" last year. I learned so much doing that game and it was fun to boot!

That's why I love survivor. It makes you think about songs in a different light. For example, I never paid much attention to the fact that there were only a couple of rock'n songs on Deperado. I just never paid attention to the slow vs. the fast... I just kinda liked them all. I can see now, how that makes a difference during this game. :grouphug:

whitcap
04-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Ok, wc, what gives with saving BC again! :saberfight: :lol: Could you tell us why you love it so much?

I love the words, the music, the mood. Everything about the song really.

MikeA
04-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I love the words, the music, the mood. Everything about the song really.

For what it's worth, I'm with WhiteCap on this one. No other song on the album epitomizes the mentality of a young man in the situation Doolin and Dalton were in either lyrically or instrumentally.

The kid was bragging about how big a man he'd be after that gig in Coffeville but the tone of the song belays the braggadocio underlying his real thoughts.

The guitar work in it is simple yet just screams the melancholy of the kid. The harmonies in the vocals underscore that same feeling.

The way Bernie utilizes that b-bender, the sequence of banjo picking on the guitar, the strong chord strums that Glenn was doing, the harmonics so subtly employed. Even the percussion totally fits the arrangement.

I think the song is just brilliant on all scores.

But it is not a good song to dance to :laugh: Nor is much of anything else on the album, but since I don't dance much, that never stopped me from liking the album....or much of the other albums for that matter. The Eagles are not exactly a staple for DJs at parties.

AzEaglesFan
04-26-2011, 11:13 PM

whitcap
04-27-2011, 02:13 AM
I vote for Doolin Dalton

sodascouts
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks to the tornadoes in Memphis over the past couple days, I'm without power at home and so I haven't been able to keep up with what's going on. I'll just reiterate, though, that it's only a game! ;)

Now, for my vote....

I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton.

I love this but I prefer the Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise, so since the melody is represented in that song, I'll go ahead and vote for the initial version to go.

Brooke
04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Same here, Soda. I just love the way DD & D blend together to become the Reprise.

I still love both of the others, but the Reprise just gets me! :heart:

pueblo47
04-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Dodging tornado and severe storm warnings, I just listened to Doolin-Dalton, then the reprise. Both of them sounded totally different to me, in the harmonies, individual instruments, beat. Stronger than the original in spots, just different somehow.

luvthelighthouse
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
It's been a hard choice... I could have thrown a dart at the dartboard... I decided to go it alone...

I vote for Deperado.

04-27-2011, 03:19 PM
We're having some severe weather here as well, so I figure I should vote now in case we lose power, too.

As I've been reading various comments in this game, it reminded me of another discussion we had a while back about underrated Eagles songs. I thought some of you may find this interesting, so here is the link:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1636

Now I’ve made a similar plea in previous games and again, no offense to whitcap, but I sure hope someone can beat her to the immunity question when this round ends tonight or at least convince her to make something else immune. :wink: Sorry wc, I know you like the song, but I'm betting the majority of players would agree that Bitter Creek has lasted in this game a lot longer than it should have. It has been protected by immunity long enough. If I’m wrong and enough people truly believe it is a better song than those remaining, then it will prevail without immunity.

In any event, I am going to join others in continuing to try to save Out of Control, so even though I love this song too, ...

Glennsallnighter
04-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Well for me there's no real dilemma! For some reason I never took to Doolin-Dalton in the way that I took to other songs by the Eagles generally (My first Eagles album was the 2-cd greatest hits compilation released in the early noughties) and often tended to skip DD as it just didn't have the beat or the pulling power of most of the other songs. That said, it HAS grown on me in the interim.

However the next 2 cds that I managed to purchase wase Desperado and Hotel California. Straight away I LOVED OOC!

So in this round I cast my vote for Doolin Dalton. Not because its in any way bad, but just its my least favourite on that album!!

EaglesFanatic
04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I vote for Out Of Control.

Freypower
04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
I think Doolin-Dalton is a much better song than the Reprise because it is establishing what the album will be about & it still offers excitement & hope whereas all we get in the Reprise is sad resignation except for 'maybe tomorrow' & the constant repetition of the word 'Desperado' as if we didn't get the point. I also cannot help but be influenced by the fact that Glenn sings part of the first song; not the second. I note Brooke's comment about how the Reprise blends both Doolin-Dalton & Desperado; but I still think DD is a better song.

Prettymaid
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I vote for Doolin Dalton Reprise

luvthelighthouse
04-27-2011, 08:01 PM
PM, nice way to get in right under the wire! Good timing!

04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and in yet another close round, the fifth song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Doolin-Dalton. “Doolin-Dalton”, I guess you weren’t very fast or lucky cause you have met that hanging tree. Now, keep on movin’ and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Doolin-Dalton – 11
Out of Control – 7
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 2
Desperado – 1

Vote Breakdown
Doolin-Dalton – WalshFan88
Doolin-Dalton – GlennLover
Doolin-Dalton – Glennhoney
Doolin-Dalton – Freypower
Doolin-Dalton – TimothyBFan
Doolin-Dalton – Annabel
Doolin-Dalton – whitcap
Doolin-Dalton – sodascouts
Doolin-Dalton – Brooke
Doolin-Dalton – Ive always been a dreamer
Doolin-Dalton – Glennsallnighter
Out of Control –UK Timfan
Out of Control – EagleLady
Out of Control – Shadowland07
Out of Control – Koala
Out of Control – pueblo47
Out of Control – EaglesFanatic
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – WildThyme
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – PrettyMaid
Desperado – luvthelighthouse

Songs eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Saturday Night 4/21
Outlaw Man 4/25
Doolin-Dalton 4/27

Songs remaining:
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Bitter Creek

Voting for Round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song on this album was co-written by Glenn Frey’s current road manager?

whitcap
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Out of Control

Bitter Creek immune

04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
That is correct.

Bitter Creek is immune.

Voting for Round Six begins now.

luvthelighthouse
04-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Dang nabbit!!! Kudos Whitcap, you did it again! I'm not happy, but props to you for having fast finger! Dang!

I had no clue what the answer was, because I didn't study up on this album... I was just hoping the answer would magically appear to me.

Whitcap, if this were the old west, I have a feeling the Dalton Gang may have come looking for you for saving BC again... lol

Glennhoney
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
my vote is for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

UK TimFan
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
My vote this round is for Out of control.

WalshFan88
04-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Save Out Of Control - Vote for Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise

luvthelighthouse
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
The Reprise is better than the original. Do NOT vote for the Reprise. UGH!

UK TimFan
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
[quote=luvthelighthouse;146316]The Reprise is better than the original. Do NOT vote for the Reprise. UGH!
If you want to save the Reprise LTL, you'd better vote for Out of control. :smile:

EaglesFanatic
04-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I vote for Out Of Control. Save Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise!

whitcap
04-27-2011, 10:54 PM

WalshFan88
04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
So I thought I'd do a little blurb on why I like Out Of Control and why I think it's the best song on the album and why I prefer the Rock stuff.

In my opinion Out Of Control has the least amount of "Country" to it. As most of you know by now I'm not a Country Music fan - but strangely enough I like guys like Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. But the point is - I'm a mainstream Classic Rock fan.... The Album Oriented Rock (AOR). That's my kind of stuff. It's the best music but thats JMO.

Out Of Control has the most amount of energy and the guitars sound the most "distorted" to me. I grew up listening to AC/DC, Zep, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, etc so the rock bug bit me at a young age but I didn't get into music until I heard Hotel California. But hearing those rock songs at a young age formed what I like in music. Out Of Control sounds like a classic rock tune to me. And I like that. I'm not saying Country Music is bad but I'm not a big fan of it or bluegrass or western or folk. It's boring and just is kind of sleeper music for me. Brad Paisley is the only Country dude I like, mainly due to his high energy and almost shred-style chicken pickin'. I'm into the loud guitars, high voices, and all of that. So naturally I prefer the later Eagles years that are more "rock". Hotel California, On The Border, and The Long Run are my favorites. I like high energy music for rock but I like slow songs too, but for slow songs I wanna hear blues, soul/RNB, etc (ie One Of These Nights song)

But Out Of Control is the only song on the album I can listen to without skipping... Sorry - but its true. Out Of Control should have been on On The Border, it sounds like that kind of music. But Out Of Control is just a great high-energy get-down rock n' roll tune. It makes you energetic. Of course the lyrics are great too! :D

Most of you already know I consider "Eagles" and Desperado to be country, On The Border and One Of These Nights to be country-rock, and Hotel California and The Long Run to be classic rock. But that's just what 'I' hear. When they added Felder they went from Country to Country Rock and when Walsh replaced Leadon they went from Country Rock to Classic Rock. Even more rock when Schmit replaced Meisner. That's what I hear from listening.

Just a little insight into my music preferences and why I want Out Of Control to win this one.

I got my flame suit on! :hilarious:

Shadowland07
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I vote Out of Control. The Reprise is a great song in my opinion.

pueblo47
04-27-2011, 11:21 PM
I got my flame suit on! :hilarious:Good thing you got your flame suit on! Tim came from Poco and Poco was not what I would consider rock like the rock you speak of.

The solo albums by him have a lot of country rock, that's what he likes and that is the sound I hear. I'm sure I'll get some flak from others in here about it but that's what I hear and that's what I've read about him and that's MY opinion:hand:(JK)I figure if you can voice your opinion, then so can I:grin:

AzEaglesFan
04-27-2011, 11:35 PM

WalshFan88
04-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Good thing you got your flame suit on! Tim came from Poco and Poco was not what I would consider rock like the rock you speak of.

The solo albums by him have a lot of country rock, that's what he likes and that is the sound I hear. I'm sure I'll get some flak from others in here about it but that's what I hear and that's what I've read about him and that's MY opinion:hand:(JK)I figure if you can voice your opinion, then so can I:grin:

Walsh is definitely rock - and so is Felder. That's where my influences lie hence the reason I like ROCK! :hilarious:

Freypower
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Ho hum. :?

I will say this for Out Of Control - 'you got no guts, you get no glory'. It did well to get this far, I suppose, given that all my other favourites are gone except for one song. I don't think it can be saved now.

I vote for Desperado.

UK TimFan
04-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I got my flame suit on! :hilarious:

Good thing you got your flame suit on! Tim came from Poco and Poco was not what I would consider rock like the rock you speak of.

You go girl. :grin: [The man is clearly insane if he thinks Tim is rock, though Tim can belt out the fast stuff when required (Parachute, anyone?)]
In fact, shoot him down completely, and vote for Out of control. :grin:

pueblo47
04-28-2011, 12:05 AM
You go girl. :grin: [The man is clearly insane if he thinks Tim is rock, though Tim can belt out the fast stuff when required (Parachute, anyone?)]
In fact, shoot him down completely, and vote for Out of control. :grin:We have to take into consideration that he's too young to know all the early history of the band, the influences and things that made them what they are now. That said....we'll see how it goes this round but I'm cleaning my guns as I speak(jk):armed:

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
In fact, shoot him down completely, and vote for Out of control. :grin:

I hear more rock in Tim's stuff then Randy's stuff..... But Walsh is really rock, and that's where my inspiration comes from anyway. ;) That's all that matters!

Classic Rock/Classic Hard Rock -> Country/Bluegrass/Folk/Western. Just sayin'.

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 12:10 AM
We have to take into consideration that he's too young to know all the early history of the band, the influences and things that made them what they are now. That said....we'll see how it goes this round but I'm cleaning my guns as I speak(jk):armed:

Excuse me?!?!?! :stunned: I take offense to that... What does my age have to do with it? Let's leave that out of it as I'm an old soul and very rare as I don't like modern music that my generation likes and like 70s stuff. I don't like my age being brought up as it sounds like you are saying I'm not smart because I'm younger. I know a LOT about the band and their influences....... I know just as much as anyone else around here. I've read all of the books, seen all of the interviews.... Not to forget I played professionally in a successful tribute band for 4 years. I just PREFER a certain ERA of the band. That's all really.

UK TimFan
04-28-2011, 12:23 AM
We have to take into consideration that he's too young to know all the early history of the band, the influences and things that made them what they are now. That said....we'll see how it goes this round but I'm cleaning my guns as I speak(jk):armed:
Although I've known of the Eagles for a long time (got the Greatest Hits volume one on cassette tape to prove it :grin:) I've only become a real fan in the last three years, but even I wouldn't go around making silly statements such as 'Tim is more rock than Meisner'.

:nahnah::evil::machinegun::tonguewag::armed::cuss: :hilarious: JK

I hear more rock in Tim's stuff then Randy's stuff..... But Walsh is really rock, and that's where my inspiration comes from anyway. :wink: That's all that matters!

Classic Rock/Classic Hard Rock -> Country/Bluegrass/Folk/Western. Just sayin'.
Now you're trying to wriggle out of what you said. Typical man. :grin:

AzEaglesFan
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
I think this thread has gotten OUT of CONTROL.. This thread is suppose to be voting for a song that we want to win survivor. It has gotten to the point by the time I weed through all of the posting that's nothing to do with voting I can't remember if I voted or not. I think this Country or Rock and Roll discussions can be done some where else.
If they were to save a song I could see it but it seems to have gone way beyond that.

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM
I think this thread has gotten OUT of CONTROL.. This thread is suppose to be voting for a song that we want to win survivor. It has gotten to the point by the time I weed through all of the posting that nothing to do with voting I can't remember if I voted or not. I think this Country or Rock and Roll discussions can be done some where else.
If they were to save a song I could see it but it seems to have gone way beyond that.

I can't speak for everyone else but my original post was all about why I liked "Out Of Control".

I'm done posting as it's getting personal now..... On with the discussion. I'm sorry for expressing my feelings. :cry:

UK TimFan
04-28-2011, 12:31 AM
I think this thread has gotten OUT of CONTROL.. This thread is suppose to be voting for a song that we want to win survivor. It has gotten to the point by the time I weed through all of the posting that nothing to do with voting I can't remember if I voted or not. I think this Country or Rock and Roll discussions can be done some where else.

Yes, you're correct, and I apologise for my part in it.

I can assure you that you have successfully voted in this round. :smile:

I can further assure you that I have no plans to speak to Austin again in this Survivor. :smile:

pueblo47
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Ok gang, let me defuse this situation. There's no problem with me and Austin, once more both of us were just kidding with each other and it got off-topic and for that I apologize. As someone said earlier, it's very difficult to read the tone of the post, even with the icons. There is no offense taken or given.

So let's all be pals and continue with the game. I'm not ready to vote yet, it's too hard to make a decision just now. Actually to be perfectly honest(and I can be sometimes)this game is killing me. The songs left are so essential to the whole album the word elimination just doesn't compute with me. It's down to a coin toss.......

Koala
04-28-2011, 02:00 AM
I cast my vote for Out Of Control again!

tequila girl
04-28-2011, 05:28 AM
I also vote for Out of Control..... Again! :wink:

Annabel
04-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Ho hum. I need to listen to what's left again before voting. :doh:

TimothyBFan
04-28-2011, 07:48 AM
WOW---I don't even know what to say about Bitter Creek being made immune again!!! I just don't see it as being among the top songs on this album. Show of hands....Who thinks it should have been gone already?:wave: Gotta say WC, you are a quick one!!!

For the record.....Austin, I completely and totally agree with EVERYTHING you said. Give me the screamin' guitars of HC & LR any day over the banjo's of Eagles & Desperado!

I don't think there's any saving it but I will NOT vote for OOC yet!!! And TS & Desperado both deserve to be where they are right now so I guess that only leaves 1 for me to vote for.

I vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

MikeA
04-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Wow! I'm gonna be late for work this morning trying to catch up on this thread!

Some good discussion!:cheers::cheers:

sodascouts
04-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm so conflicted! I like them all! I'll give it some more thought.

BTW, a note about immunity questions and coalition voting:

Just like with the real Survivor reality show, there will be inevitable frustrations when a song you don't like becomes immune (just like when a jerk on the game keeps winning the immunity challenge) or a song you love gets voted off thanks to a coalition led by someone else.

However, that doesn't mean that anyone is doing anything wrong - that's just the nature of the game. This isn't a poll about everyone's favorite songs on Desperado. This is a game. Games include strategy. If that sends your blood pressure through the roof, go and post in a thread like "My Favorite Eagles Songs" where you won't encounter such things.

Personally, I enjoy these games regardless of what songs "win" or "lose" - or the order of their demise - because it gives us an opportunity to spend a couple weeks discussing Eagles songs that oftentimes get overlooked. THAT'S what's fun for me. When else would we be able to spend pages and pages discussing the merits of obscure songs like "Bitter Creek" and "Out of Control"? If my fave gets voted off, it doesn't ruin the game for me because I enjoy the journey.

Remember, in the end, the winner will be the song with the most support from the majority of people.... so it's all good!

pueblo47
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
My vote goes to TEQUILA SUNRISE.

Breaks my heart but something's got to give.

Wildthyme
04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
I vote for the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise to be eliminated this round...

Prettymaid
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
I vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

luvthelighthouse
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
I vote for Desperado.

MikeA
04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Looks like an interesting "round" shaping up here. Sort of shotgunned with buckshot hitting about all the remaining songs.

GlennLover
04-29-2011, 05:03 PM
I had planned to hold my vote until the end to see how things shape up, but I won't be around later so I'll have to cast my vote now.

I cast my vote for Doolin' Dalton Desperado/Reprise.

EagleLady
04-29-2011, 05:18 PM

sodascouts
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I hate to do this but...

I cast my vote for Out of Control.

I love the fire of "Out of Control" and I'm glad it made it this far, but I love the "Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise" more.

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm so conflicted! I like them all! I'll give it some more thought.

BTW, a note about immunity questions and coalition voting:

Just like with the real Survivor reality show, there will be inevitable frustrations when a song you don't like becomes immune (just like when a jerk on the game keeps winning the immunity challenge) or a song you love gets voted off thanks to a coalition led by someone else.

However, that doesn't mean that anyone is doing anything wrong - that's just the nature of the game. This isn't a poll about everyone's favorite songs on Desperado. This is a game. Games include strategy. If that sends your blood pressure through the roof, go and post in a thread like "My Favorite Eagles Songs" where you won't encounter such things.

Personally, I enjoy these games regardless of what songs "win" or "lose" - or the order of their demise - because it gives us an opportunity to spend a couple weeks discussing Eagles songs that oftentimes get overlooked. THAT'S what's fun for me. When else would we be able to spend pages and pages discussing the merits of obscure songs like "Bitter Creek" and "Out of Control"? If my fave gets voted off, it doesn't ruin the game for me because I enjoy the journey.

Remember, in the end, the winner will be the song with the most support from the majority of people.... so it's all good!

Yeah, I would agree with that too Nancy. I think too it allows us an opportunity to indulge in the album under discussion. There are now so many cds from the group and the individual members that one can lie buried in the car glovebox for a while!

Maybe we could change the rules slightly to say that a song cannot be immunised in more than say 2 consecutive rounds. I think generally part of the fun is seeing which song is immunised and working around it. Also seeing how it 'survives' when it is released back into the pot. That is something which never really happened this game. Once a song has been released back, if it survibes, it could then be immunised again in a later round. JMHO.

BTW no offence here to WC. She is only doing what we all would do given the same circumstances, and what she has every right within the rules to dpo!

Troubadour
04-29-2011, 07:18 PM
I cast my vote for Out Of Control.

Freypower
04-29-2011, 07:28 PM
BTW no offence here to WC. She is only doing what we all would do given the same circumstances, and what she has every right within the rules to dpo!

That is true, but speaking for myself I just would not make the same song immune every round, no matter how much I loved it. Just because I might love it doesn't mean others feel the same way. That happened with the Glenn Frey Video Survivor. I made True Love immune for several rounds & then I didn't because I knew others wanted it gone.

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Thats what I mean. It kind of nullifys the whole point of immunity if the same song is immune throughout the whole survivor.

Though FP I thoroughly endorse you immunising True Love!

04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Well – I debated earlier about urging folks to join the coalition to try to save Out of Control for another round, but decided against it. I think the fact that it lasted this long is a testament to just how good of a song it is considering the vigorous efforts to eliminate it.

Anyway, I sure don’t want the DD/Desperado Reprise to be eliminated and I would have voted for OOC to save it if necessary. As I said earlier, I would like to see it win this game because it would be like paying tribute to two songs instead of one. To me, it is an exceptional reprise and not just a repeat of the songs. I agree that it is repetitious at the ending, but in this case, the repetition of the word “Desperado” is a very effective finale to closeout this album of the same name. The song Desperado is a classic and although it’s overplayed, it is still a great song, IMO. The only reason I think it is expendable at this point is because it represented in the reprise. Therefore …

I cast my vote for Desperado.

Brooke
04-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I also cast my vote for Desperado. I used to think it was my favorite song on the album, but I really think it's been overplayed and I'm tired of it. I still think it's a beautiful song. My tastes have changed.

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Nearly missed it. It was a head/heart dilemma. I vote for the Doolin Dalton reprise to be eliminated this round.

UK TimFan
04-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Nearly missed it. It was a head/heart dilemma. I vote for the Doolin Dalton reprise to be eliminated this round.
Now see what you've done. Made Dreamer's adding machine go into melt-down at having to re-calculate in the last
minute. :grin: