PDA

View Full Version : Eagles 2011 Tour Schedule

cstlbrzs
05-14-2011, 08:22 PM
does anyone have any idea what the tour schedule might be for the latter half of the year. Are they going to be playing any dates in the states this year?

WalshFan88
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think they have announced any US dates yet but I hope they do... Maybe I could go to one that was close by! I saw them in '08 in Chicago.

sodascouts
05-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Nothing's been said yet. Maybe they're going to take some more time off.

Glennsallnighter
05-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Yeah! I guess they don't HAVE to do any more than they want to and they had a fairly hectic winter and spring this past year. I DO hope they tour again though!

StephUK
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Didn't they say they were going to be 'on the road' for about 5 months during 2011?
I can't believe they won't do some shows in the US in their 40th Anniversary Year.

sodascouts
05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Maybe they're saving it for 2012, the 40th anniversary of the release of the Eagles LP?

One never knows, though. It's still early enough in the year for more announcements to be made.

EaglesKiwi
05-17-2011, 04:46 AM
If Don's got a string of solo shows coming up in Sept/Oct, there's not much of the year left for "Eagles" tours... also Joe may want to tour for his new solo album (whenever that comes out).

Maybe they're planning something big for 2012!! :pray:

Brooke
05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Didn't they say they were going to be 'on the road' for about 5 months during 2011?
I can't believe they won't do some shows in the US in their 40th Anniversary Year.

Yeah, I just posted that in another thread! Surely!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah - it beginning to look like we're not going to see much touring by the Eagles this fall, although it's still not too late for them to announce some dates. Hopefully, they've got some big plans for their anniversary year. :thumbsup:

whitcap
05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Don said in an interview last year that they had two years until the 40th anniversary which would make 2012 their anniversary year. Even though they formed in 1971 they didn't start touring or releasing music until 1972.

Henley Honey
05-17-2011, 12:50 PM
While its disappointing that they have not yet scheduled any summer or fall 2011 dates, it is giving me time to sock away all the cash I can so I will have a "concert cushion" in my budget for the 40th Anniversary in 2012. I'm also saving vacation days and miles. Hopefully, I'll be on the road more than at home!

WalshFan88
05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
I would hope I could make it to one of their shows whenever they come to Chicago or St. Louis next. It'd be very cool to see them on the Anniversary Tour.

Shadowland07
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Man if they did an anniversary tour that'd be awesome but how would it work withouth Randy or Bernie? That'd truely be amazing but one can only dream :nahnah:. One can also wish they'd play some old tunes if they did an anniversary tour (by old tunes i mean songs we haven't heard since the 70s)

Annabel
05-18-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-national/pacquiao-forces-legendary-rock-band-the-eagles-to-reschedule-las-vegas-concert

Just seen this news alert about a concert in Las Vegas 5th November 2011. Don't think it has already been posted here. Maybe this date will be part of another tour or leg of. :shrug:

Henley Honey
05-18-2011, 02:36 PM
And isn't Glenn's Birthday the 6th???? We get the gift !

sodascouts
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks for that, Melanie!

Did anyone else laugh at that whole "the Eagles feel privileged to reschedule for Pacquiao" bit?

If they're doing fall shows, Don's sure going to be busy! And we're sure going to be happy!

Wildthyme
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Boy, I had better find a job soon if I am going to be able to afford any more Eagles concerts. And I would so love to see them in Vegas!!

EaglesKiwi
05-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Did anyone else laugh at that whole "the Eagles feel privileged to reschedule for Pacquiao" bit?

If they're doing fall shows, Don's sure going to be busy! And we're sure going to be happy!

Mmmm, yeah, I would like to have been an eavesdropper on those conversations to know what was really said! :hilarious:

Hope the concert goes ahead on the 5th, I'm sure there'll be some happy Borderers in attendance (& some WONDERFUL reviews posted here after!! :nod:

Henley Honey
05-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Its official !! Eagles MGM Grand 11/5 and 11/19/11 !!!!!
Tix go on sale 5/28/11. Amex presale 5/23 Ticketmaster.

05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Great detective work to find that Melanie.

I'm hoping they schedule a few other dates outside of Vegas, but I'm not holding my breath. As a rule, the prices for Vegas shows are quite exorbitant so I'm sure these will be no exception.

The headline of that article is also quite amusing. It state that Pacquiao forced them to reschedule. Doesn't sound like it happened quite like that when you read the article. :roll:

Henley Honey
05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Does anyone remember (cause I don't) if they have ever scheduled concerts in one city one or two weeks apart like they are in Vegas? It doesn't make sense to me unless:
a) They're getting a (bigger than usual) boatload of money.
and / or
b) They're filming it and need two dates to ensure shots and audio.

Even if they were originally scheduled for 11/12 & 11/19 then changed it to 11/5 & 11/19 it still would have been a week's lag time. Like when they played the Hollywood Bowl. They played Friday, Saturday & Tuesday.

I could see them booking another show if they sold out the first one but I don't get it. Anybody have a clue?

Brooke
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing HH. It does seem strange to have two dates so far apart in the same place. Unless they are in the process of scheduling more shows in the area. Time will tell! :shrug:

Annabel
05-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Great detective work to find that Melanie.

Awww shucks thanks Dreamer. :hug: (It came to me as an Eagles news alert last night from Google :hilarious:)

Henley Honey
05-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I checked yesterday and it was not there, but now the I Love All Access website is listing the Eagles "Coming Soon" but billing it as the
"Only North America Dates (plural) in 2011. No prices or packages listed yet. I'll keep checking.

I been to two shows using all access -- one at the Hollywood Bowl and one at Meadowlands Stadium in NJ. VERY pricey but worth it.

sodascouts
05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your diligence, HH. This is exciting for fans who can go!

If I'm understanding correctly, though, does this mean no more dates in North America are planned for 2011?

Wildthyme
05-19-2011, 05:40 PM
While I'd like to hope they have something planned tour-wise in North American for 2012 but hearing words like "only dates" makes it hard for me to keep my resolution to be sensible with my money where Eagles concerts are concerned...

Glennhoney
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
....damn...already have my fall vacation planned..:brickwall:..and we had talked about Las Vegas..:sad:....hope there`s still some more touring in 2012.......have they ever played Vegas before...

Wildthyme
05-19-2011, 07:06 PM
....damn...already have my fall vacation planned..:brickwall:..and we had talked about Las Vegas..:sad:....hope there`s still some more touring in 2012.......have they ever played Vegas before...

Yep they were there last year in April.

Henley Honey
05-19-2011, 08:43 PM

If I'm understanding correctly, though, does this mean no more dates in North America are planned for 2011?

I have no clue! The last time I booked this far out was in Dec of 2009 for the April 2010 Hollywood Bowl show. Of course -- right after I was all set -- they announced shows in Pheonix, Vegas, Anaheim, Sacramento and San Jose --but I have no idea whats up now or if they'll schedule more. I have to think yes -- especially with Tim's comment of working five months in 2011. Feb & March - Asia, June - Europe, Nov-Dec North America? We'll see.

Annabel
05-20-2011, 03:40 AM

I think I'd read it that way too. :eyebrow:

05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Awww shucks thanks Dreamer. :hug: (It came to me as an Eagles news alert last night from Google :hilarious:)

Well okay Melanie - maybe getting Google alerts isn't exactly great detective work, but still you were one of the first to read it. And you were definitely on the ball in getting it posted here so kudos to you anyway! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
While I'd like to hope they have something planned tour-wise in North American for 2012 but hearing words like "only dates" makes it hard for me to keep my resolution to be sensible with my money where Eagles concerts are concerned...

Well, there may not be any more North American dates in 2011, but I would be VERY shocked if they didn't do any dates in North America in 2012 - at least a few shows.

WalshFan88
05-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, there may not be any more North American dates in 2011, but I would be VERY shocked if they didn't do any dates in North America in 2012 - at least a few shows.

I would hope they would!

Henley Honey
05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I heard there were volcano eruptions in Iceland this morning and am wondering if it will have any impact on the June 9th show.

05-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Wow - Mother Nature is having a very busy year. I guess we need to know how serious the impact is and the location before we have any idea about the impact on the band. Hopefully, the eruption didn't cause any widespread devastation and the band will be able to play as scheduled. :pray:

sodascouts
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Hmm, that's two natural disasters the Eagles "just miss"! Should we expect earthquakes in California while they're gone?

Seriously, while it seems the volcanoes aren't causing devastation or loss of life (thank God) since the region is largely uninhabited glaciers, the ash clouds they keep spouting continue to interfere with air travel - and that could indeed keep the Eagles away if it occurs near the time they need to fly in for their dates.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/world_news&id=8145019

Annabel
05-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Ash cloud due to arrive here in the UK tomorrow (Tuesday). Still they have said that it isn't the same sort of ash cloud this time and it's felt that it shouldn't affect air travel in the same way as it did last year. :shrug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13502009

sodascouts
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Good news. Plus, they have a bit of time yet. The first show isn't until June 12.