PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: "Eagles" LP

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be Eagles Survivor (as in the self-titled album). If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of the album here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the song you want OUT.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good! However, you do need to have been a member in good standing for at least two weeks before you are allowed to cast a vote.

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the end of the round, I ask a question related to the album / songs. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. You must include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune in your post in order for it to count. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

And the winner is....

TAKE IT EASY!

Songs Eliminated
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21
Tryin' 6/23
Take the Devil 6/25
Nightingale 6/27
Chug All Night 6/29
Train Leaves Here This Morning 7/1
Witchy Woman 7/3
Peaceful Easy Feeling 7/5

Thanks for playing!

UK TimFan
06-17-2011, 08:11 PM
My vote is for 'Most of us are sad'

EagleLady
06-17-2011, 08:17 PM
I vote for Most of Us Are Sad

Freypower
06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I vote for Tryin'.

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I think "Most of Us Are Sad" is beautiful.

I'm holding off for now to see which song I'll need to vote for to save it!

Freypower
06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
It isn't one of the best tracks on the album in my opinion but I'm very surprised that it has already received votes.

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm not surprised. It's very underrated, IMHO.

Judy
06-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I vote off Earlybird. There's just a little too much bird, or I wouldn't vote it off.

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah - you gotta wonder what they were thinking, putting those bird chirps on there!

Wildthyme
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Earlybird gets my vote for elimination this round...

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Chug All Night gets my vote.

Koala
06-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I vote for Earlybird.

EaglesKiwi
06-18-2011, 03:54 AM
I vote for Chug All Night.

tequila girl
06-18-2011, 08:09 AM
I just listened to "Eagles" about 4 times........this is going to be another hard one - for this round simply because of the 'twittering' I vote for Earlybird

Annabel
06-18-2011, 08:35 AM
:brickwall: Can't decide. :sad: And it's only round one. :hilarious:

Brooke
06-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Austin, you've surprised me in voting for one of the rockers first thing! I thought you were a rocky kind of guy! :headscratch:

I've been listening to this album all week and I've grown to really like almost all the songs on it. I even had hubby listen to it with me last night and he helped me with my list. We agreed on the top three, which I'm sure most will here, and pretty much agreed on the rest.

So, after very much homework, I vote for Most of Us Are Sad to go first. It's a sleeper and just no fun at all!

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Austin, you've surprised me in voting for one of the rockers first thing! I thought you were a rocky kind of guy! :headscratch:

I know, right?! And I am. But the song and I just don't "jive". When I gave the album a full listen, something about it and the way the words are kind of repetitive and seem to be kind of a boring song for me. But I am a rock dude no doubt. Most country is "meh" for me at the most. Just the way I am! :D As for a rockin' tune, give me "Witchy Woman" anyday.

To be brutally honest, there are only about 3 or 4 at the most songs on this album that I can say I ever listen to or like. So for me it doesn't really matter which order they go in until we get down to my top 3 favorites and I think you can guess the 3. ;) :hilarious: Sorry but I had to say it. :D

Prettymaid
06-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Not that I don't like a good waltz, (ie., I love Hollywood Waltz), but I do not like Most of Us are Sad. I find myself actually counting the 1-2-3 beat in my head as I listen to it, and that gets annoying. Hmmm, maybe says more about me than the song...but anyhoo, that's not the song on the bottom of my list. The song on the bottom of my list and which gets my vote this round is.......

Take The Devil

There's something about Randy's vocal on this one I just don't like, and I don't think I can explain it, plus I guess I just don't like that most of the song (the verses) are in a minor key. Surely a study has been done to compare the mood of a subject after listening to a 'minor key' song as opposed to a 'major key' song. My guess is that "most of them are sad". ;)

Glennhoney
06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
My vote is for "Earlybird"

sodascouts
06-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Surely a study has been done to compare the mood of a subject after listening to a 'minor key' song as opposed to a 'major key' song. My guess is that "most of them are sad". ;)

LOL! Sounds about right. ;)

Well, it's become clear which song I need to vote for to save Most of Us Are Sad!

I cast my vote for Earlybird.

I actually enjoy this song a lot live when Bernie goes crazy on that banjo, but like many other folks, I feel those tweets kill it.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I vote this round for 'Earlybird'

timfan
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I cast my vote for Early Bird

whitcap
06-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I vote for Most of Us Are Sad.

luvthelighthouse
06-18-2011, 11:21 PM
I posted a comment earlier, but it's gone now. :headscratch:

Yesterday (or two days ago... can't recall) I posted, the post showed up w/out any writing. I had to change the font to a different color to show up.

Earlier I wrote how I couldn't stand the birds! OMG, they drive me nuts and it ruins the rest of the song for me. While Most of Us are Sad is kinda musically depressing, I really enjoy the lyrics.

I cast my vote for Earlybird.

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 01:44 AM
I posted a comment earlier, but it's gone now. :headscratch:

Yesterday (or two days ago... can't recall) I posted, the post showed up w/out any writing. I had to change the font to a different color to show up.

How weird! I don't even see a deleted post when I look at the post history.

Annabel
06-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Still struggling here. :rolleyes: I have my top 3 but the rest are still in no particular order.

However I am going with

Most Of Us Are Sad

rcknalwys
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
The tweets just don't do anything to make me like this one so my vote will go to EarlyBird.

TimothyBFan
06-19-2011, 05:55 PM
I vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

Freypower
06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Only a couple of people have explained why they are voting for MOUAS.

Glenn was very young when he wrote it. If he had sung it it would perhaps have worked better; perhaps it's a bit maudlin but the harmonies on the 'love was here today' part are really nice, and as for 'I will sing you far away'.... I think that's beautiful. Soda even made a wallpaper featuring that line, even though Glenn doesn't sing the song. I think people are being slightly harsh because it's in waltz tempo and I have to say, that's why I'm not a big fan of Saturday Night or Hollywood Waltz. Just putting in a word for the song.

GlennLover
06-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I vote for Most of Us Are Sad. I just find that it drags, kind of drones on. It does have it's moments though. I agree with FP that "I will sing you far away" is beautiful as is "most of us are sad it's true, still we must go on" are beautiful. I think it would benefit greatly from a new arrangement. It's not that I dislike it, it is just my least favorite on this album.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm going to repeat what I said a while ago about my feelings of this album in general. I like all of the songs on the album, but I do think this is one of the band’s more uneven albums. To me about half of the songs are really excellent whereas the other half are just pleasant, but nothing exceptional about them. Still, it was a pretty impressive debut album for the guys and none of the songs are bad. However, I must say that the chirps in Earlybird do contain the only truly cringe-worthy moment in any Eagles song for me. But since the rest of the song is pleasant, the chirps don't ruin the song for me. But it is still my least favorite song on the album. If it needed my vote to eliminate it, I would vote for it. So since I don't need to vote for Earlybird, I'll join PM and vote for my next least favorite ...

I cast my vote for Take the Devil.

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the late post guys - I was on the phone. Tabulating now!

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
The first song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Earlybird. “Earlybird”, you'll find your time is gone. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Earlybird - 10
Most of Us Are Sad - 7
Take the Devil - 2
Chug All Night - 2
Tryin' - 1

Vote Breakdown
Earlybird - Judy
Earlybird - WildThyme
Earlybird - Koala
Earlybird - tequila girl
Earlybird - Glennhoney
Earlybird - sodascouts
Earlybird - Glennsallnighter
Earlybird - timfan
Earlybird - luvthelighthouse
Earlybird - rcknalways
Most of Us Are Sad - UK TimFan
Most of Us Are Sad - EagleLady
Most of Us Are Sad - Brooke
Most of Us Are Sad - whitcap
Most of Us Are Sad - Annabel
Most of Us Are Sad - TimothyBFan
Most of Us Are Sad - GlennLover
Take the Devil - Prettymaid
Take the Devil - Ive always been a dreamer
Chug All Night - WalshFan88
Chug All Night - EaglesKiwi
Tryin' - Freypower

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/takeiteasy.htm)
Witchy Woman (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/witchywoman.htm)
Chug All Night (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/chugallnight.htm)
Most of Us Are Sad (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/mostofusaresad.htm)
Nightingale (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/nightingale.htm)
Train Leaves Here This Morning (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/train.htm)
Take the Devil (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/takethedevil.htm)
Peaceful Easy Feeling (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/peacefuleasyfeeling.htm)
Tryin' (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/../eagles/eagleslp/tryin.htm)

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19

Voting for Round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

In what country was this album recorded?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

UK TimFan
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
England

Immune: Take the devil

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
That is correct!

Take the Devil is immune.

Round 2 starts NOW!

Judy
06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Only a couple of people have explained why they are voting for MOUAS.

Glenn was very young when he wrote it. If he had sung it it would perhaps have worked better; perhaps it's a bit maudlin but the harmonies on the 'love was here today' part are really nice, and as for 'I will sing you far away'.... I think that's beautiful. Soda even made a wallpaper featuring that line, even though Glenn doesn't sing the song. I think people are being slightly harsh because it's in waltz tempo and I have to say, that's why I'm not a big fan of Saturday Night or Hollywood Waltz. Just putting in a word for the song.

I'm not crazy about the arrangement, but Randy's voice is beautiful, and I agree with you about the harmonies. I'm trying to imagine Glenn singing it. I think I might like it. The arrangement is going to kill it for me soon.

I'm sure glad I didn't do Desperado survivor. I think it would have killed me. :cry:

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 09:58 PM
If you listen hard, you can hear Glenn's harmony on the "Love was here today" verse. That can give you an idea about how he might have sounded on the whole thing.

I too think Randy sounds great on it, but I'm not sure why he sang lead on a song solely written by Glenn. That's an Eagles Mystery. ;)

WalshFan88
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Most Of Us Are Sad gets my vote this time.

EagleLady
06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I guess I have to be persistent and Vote off Most of Us are Sad again :-x

Freypower
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I will again vote for Tryin' which is my least favourite track on the album.

luvthelighthouse
06-19-2011, 11:44 PM
I will say, I disagree that this album is uneven. It all sounds "young"... meaning I get the vibe the songs were written by younger guys. They all give me the same feeling, fun, refreshing... therefore, I find it to be even.

As for Most of Us are Sad... I think Randy sounds amazing. He voice is perfectly suited for the song. The lyrics are great ... and the image of a scarlet sun... ah...

I think my next least favorite it Tryin'. I have never been able to get into it. I find the guitars annoying. It's a bit too "raw"... I dunno, I don't care for it.

Withholding vote for now.

sodascouts
06-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Ah yes, the scarlet sun - what a beautiful image.

To save Most of Us Are Sad...

I cast my vote for Tryin'.

Koala
06-20-2011, 12:42 AM
I cast my vote for Tryin'.

whitcap
06-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I vote for Most of Us Are Sad

Prettymaid
06-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Gee, I have Tryin' a lot higher on my list than some of you. I think it's a nice little rocker.

Saving my vote for now.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2011, 07:32 AM
As far as why I'm voting for the songs I do, mine is always a simple reason, I almost always vote for my least favorite of the remaining songs. Doesn't get more basic than that.

I think that MOUAS is just a very boring song. I do like some of the lyrics but I lose interest in it very quickly.

I'm with you PM, Tryin' is up a bit further for me.

And can I say that I actually thought we'd be seeing some votes for Nightingale by now, and I don't really know why I thought so. I actually enjoy it so glad to see I'm not alone.

I vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

Prettymaid
06-20-2011, 08:17 AM
And can I say that I actually thought we'd be seeing some votes for Nightingale by now, and I don't really know why I thought so. I actually enjoy it so glad to see I'm not alone.

:shh:

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 08:20 AM
:shh:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Annabel
06-20-2011, 08:52 AM
As far as why I'm voting for the songs I do, mine is always a simple reason, I almost always vote for my least favorite of the remaining songs. Doesn't get more basic than that.

I'm with you Willie hence why I don't post why I am voting a song off everytime. I like a song or I don't. :shrug:

I'm sticking with my last choice and voting for

Most Of Us Are Sad

luvthelighthouse
06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm gonna vote early this time.

I vote for Tryin'.

I'm sorry, but this song does nothing for me. Between Randy's songs MOUAS and Tryin'... MOUAS wins 100x's over for me. It's so much more pleasing to the ears. I just feel Tryin' is unpolished. I guess I don't care much for Randy's smooth vocals against the harsh guitars. It doesn't work in the senario.

sodascouts
06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
And can I say that I actually thought we'd be seeing some votes for Nightingale by now, and I don't really know why I thought so.

Sorry - it's next on my hit list! That is, unless I need to coalition vote to save MOUAS.

Brooke
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm voting for Most Of Us Are Sad again. As I said before, it's depressing and boring. Why Randy sings it and not Glenn I cannot imagine, not that it would matter.

And ltlh, how MOUAS can be more pleasing to the ears over Tryin' I cannot imagine either! :lol: I think it's a nice little rocker, like Pm.

Freypower
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm voting for Most Of Us Are Sad again. As I said before, it's depressing and boring. Why Randy sings it and not Glenn I cannot imagine, not that it would matter.

And ltlh, how MOUAS can be more pleasing to the ears over Tryin' I cannot imagine either! :lol: I think it's a nice little rocker, like Pm.

I'm not a great fan of Tryin' for the same reason that some aren't great fans of Out Of Control. It tries far too hard to rock. Also that line 'sittin' smokin' just a-thinkin' is an easy thing to do'... and then 'if you mistake it just try again'. Clumsy, awkward, etc. Also the last part is too repetitious (shades of the later Try & Love Again).

Glennhoney
06-20-2011, 07:02 PM
..my vote is for "Tryin'"

GlennLover
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm going with Most of Us Are Sad again.

sodascouts
06-21-2011, 12:51 AM
OK, it's not looking good for MOUAS, so let me argue in its favor a bit.

SOME REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR "MOST OF US ARE SAD"

1. Some of the most mature and vivid lyrics on the album.
"I've been shadows of myself" - evocative
"Tell me, scarlet sun, what will time allow?" - love the visual
"We have brought our children here; who can save them now?" - so mature, especially considering his age
"Weeping woman, try to smile... like the coming dawn" - love that line!
"I will sing you far away" - ah, the power of music!

2. Dramatic build
I love dramatic arrangements, and this one works IMHO. Randy starts out with a lone vocal. Then, as the song shifts to "weeping woman" the backing vocals kick in with a counter-melody, and suddenly the song - like the concept behind it and the lyrics - grows more complicated. When Randy sings "Still we must go on," the backing vocals become almost church-choir like, reflecting the inspirational idea of the lyrics. The "Love was here today" verse is sung with full harmony throughout, indicating the partnership that comes from freely loving. Finally, as it goes into the last verse, we have a harmony interlace that ties it all together nicely.

3. Terrific vocals
Randy's tender delivery is perfection, and the harmony vocals work beautifully.

4. Lovely guitar
Yes, it's understated, but appropriately so.

Well, my post may not sway anyone, but no one can say I didn't try! If you'd like to keep this song for another round, you'll need to vote for Tryin'. I have nothing against the song Tryin' - I just don't like it as well as Most Of Us Are Sad.

Annabel
06-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Well, my post may not sway anyone, but no one can say I didn't try! If you'd like to keep this song for another round, you'll need to vote for Tryin'. I have nothing against the song Tryin' - I just don't like it was well as Most Of Us Are Sad.

I'll give you 10 out of 10 for arguing for MOUAS Nancy :thumbsup:, but I still don't like it as much as the rest, even if apart from my top 3 the rest are pretty much all hard to chose between for me. Like them all sort of the same-ish, no real preference, sorry. :hilarious:

Wildthyme
06-21-2011, 03:35 AM
M vote for elimination this round is for "Tryin'"...

tequila girl
06-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Good argument for saving MOUAS Nancy :thumbsup: but i'm afraid this round I can't vote for Tryin' either - I like both of them......so, my least favourite of the remaining songs and the one I vote for is Chug all Night after this it's going to get really hard for me! :worried:

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm racing in this round to vote for 'Tryin'. I'll do my best to keep up, but my (4 months old EXPENSIVE) laptop has packed up. Its gone in for repair. I'm hoping against hope I don't lose any data :pray:. It could take up to 5 weeks to fix but thats an outside estimate. Meanwhile I'm sneaking a go on Chris's while he's at school! I DO have the Blackberry, but its slow and cumbersome to use to surf.

So please excuse me if I miss any rounds.

Judy
06-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Good arguments, Nancy, but I like Tryin', so I vote for Chug All Night.

UK TimFan
06-21-2011, 09:19 AM
My least favourite song on the album, and the one I'm voting for this round is Most of us are sad.

The reason for it being my least favourite song is that MOUAS is one of the most dreary and depressing songs I've ever (partly) heard. I can get to the end of the second line and then I have to switch it off. (I tried skipping to the middle bit, but it still didn't improve.)

However, I know people's taste in songs change over the years, so if we play 'Eagles' survivor in 2021 I might like it by then. :)

GlennLover
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
SOME REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR "MOST OF US ARE SAD"

1. Some of the most mature and vivid lyrics on the album.

"We have brought our children here; who can save them now?" - so mature, especially considering his age

Soda, I always think the same thing every time I hear that line!

"Weeping woman, try to smile... like the coming dawn" - love that line!

I love it as well! Maybe I voted for MOUAS too soon! No, it's still my least favorite.

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Since MOUAS doesn't need my help, I think I'll vote for Witchy Woman.

WalshFan88
06-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Since MOUAS doesn't need my help, I think I'll vote for Witchy Woman.

:shock: :thud:

:hilarious:

06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I will say, I disagree that this album is uneven. It all sounds "young"... meaning I get the vibe the songs were written by younger guys. They all give me the same feeling, fun, refreshing... therefore, I find it to be even.

ltl - When I said I think the album is uneven, I was speaking more about what I think is the uneven quality of the songs rather than the theme of the album. To me, about half of the songs on the album are exceptional or very good, while the other half are no better than average. Of course, this is simply my opinion and I realize that lots of folks out there would disagree with me.

As far as my vote, I would vote to eliminate Take the Devil if it weren't immune. So then I was going to vote for Tryin' - but now that would just tie it with MOUAS, which would be pointless since MOUAS still loses in a tie. So I guess I'll vote strategically as well ...

I cast my vote for Witchy Woman.

06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and the next song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Most of Us Are Sad. “Most of Us Are Sad”, you should try to smile even though nothing can save you now. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Most of Us Are Sad – 8
Tryin' – 7
Chug All Night – 2
Witchy Woman – 2

Vote Breakdown
Most of Us Are Sad – WalshFan88
Most of Us Are Sad – EagleLady
Most of Us Are Sad – whitcap
Most of Us Are Sad – TimothyBFan
Most of Us Are Sad – Annabel
Most of Us Are Sad – Brooke
Most of Us Are Sad – GlennLover
Most of Us Are Sad –UK Timfan
Tryin' – Freypower
Tryin' – sodascouts
Tryin' – Koala
Tryin' – luvthelighthouse
Tryin' – Glennhoney
Tryin' – WildThyme
Tryin' – Glennsallnighter
Chug All Night – tequila girl
Chug All Night – Judy
Witchy Woman – Prettymaid
Witchy Woman – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21

Songs remaining:

Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Nightingale
Train Leaves Here This Morning
Take the Devil
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Tryin

Voting for Round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

How many songwriting credits does Don Henley have on this album?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

UK TimFan
06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
one

Immune: Take the devil

06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
That is correct.

Take the Devil is immune.

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

WalshFan88
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Tryin' gets my vote.

Glennhoney
06-21-2011, 08:37 PM
..again,my vote is for "Tryin"

Freypower
06-21-2011, 08:43 PM
I again vote for Tryin'.

EagleLady
06-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I vote for Tryin

whitcap
06-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I vote for Nightingale.

Koala
06-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I vote again for Tryin'!

Judy
06-22-2011, 01:45 AM

Annabel
06-22-2011, 04:12 AM
I vote for 'Tryin'

tequila girl
06-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Well, so far it looks like this round is going to be unanimously 'tryin' but once again I vote for Chug All Night

EaglesKiwi
06-22-2011, 04:41 AM

TimothyBFan
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
I must be the oddball here again because I'm not understanding all the votes for Tryin' or Chug All Night already or am I prepared to vote for Nightingale yet.

I remembered last night that I wanted to ask--who does the guitar work about a minute into Tryin'? I really enjoy it as much as the vocals.

I must apologize to all the Bernie fans at this point because of my next vote.

I vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning. Pleasant enough but doesn't do much for me and it's next on my list.

sodascouts
06-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I had a feeling MOUAS wasn't gonna make it, despite my best efforts. Ah well, such is the nature of the game! People have different tastes and it's always interesting to see who likes what and why.

With that said...

I cast my vote for Nightingale. It's not bad - it's just not that great (especially lyrically). I do like the phrase "Devastation trail" and the chorus, but the verses... eh.

Brooke
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I vote for Nightingale.

For me it should have went before Earlybird, so it's next.

luvthelighthouse
06-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I cast my vote for Nightingale. It's not bad - it's just not that great (especially lyrically). I do like the phrase "Devastation trail" and the chorus, but the verses... eh.

I feel completely opposite! I think this could have been another single off of the album. It's the most carefree I think Don has sounded and I love it.

As for the lyrics,
"Don't let me see that morning paper
cause I don't need those dues
it's just the same old murder movie
but they call it the news"
That still rings true today and I can relate whenever I hear it.

The only lyric that is kinda hokey is, "I'm hanging on to my special friend", but I find that part of the "youth" of the album. It's actually kinda funny.

I'm not saying Nightingale is a better song than Witchy Woman... but I enjoy it more... and I certainly enjoy it more than Tryin' .

EaglesKiwi
06-23-2011, 03:19 AM
The only lyric that is kinda hokey is, "I'm hanging on to my special friend", but I find that part of the "youth" of the album. It's actually kinda funny.

I always laugh at that line... but then, I have a smutty mind! :eyebrow:

WalshFan88
06-23-2011, 03:23 AM
:rofl:

Wildthyme
06-23-2011, 03:26 AM
My vote this round is again for "Tryin"...

Glennsallnighter
06-23-2011, 04:33 AM
I cast my vote this round for 'Tryin'

Prettymaid
06-23-2011, 06:53 AM

I always laugh at that line... but then, I have a smutty mind! :eyebrow:

Well, Nightingale was written by Jackson Browne, and we know how his mind thinks (ie. Redneck Friend, Rosie...) :hilarious:
I'm with TBF. I like the rockers on this album more than the slow ones, except for Take the Devil and it's immune. So....

I vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning.

UK TimFan
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I've had to really think this round as there's four that are about equal 'least favourite', so I'll vote for
Train leaves here this morning.

luvthelighthouse
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Because it is my least favorite of the remaining... I vote for Tryin'

tequila girl
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I was wondering when you'd rise to the bait Pueblo! :hilarious: :hilarious: (sorry off topic - but couldn't resist)

UK TimFan
06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I've had to really think this round as there's four that are about equal 'least favourite', so I'll vote for
Train leaves here this morning.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/smilies/013.gifhttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/smilies/066.gifhttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/smilies/076.gif(JK)

Not :fear: of you. (Well, not much. :grin:)

And I promise to vote for one of my other 'least favourite' ones next round. :)

06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Well it looks like Tryin’ is going down even without my vote. I like the song, but not as much as the others remaining with the exception of Take the Devil. I actually think all of the remaining songs and MOUAS are all better songs than Take the Devil, which is Randy’s weakest vocal performance with the band, IMO. As far as Nightingale, Chug All Night, and Train Leaves Here This Morning, I like all three of them a lot. I agree with ltl about Don’s vocals in Nightingale – very nice and different for him. Also, TLHTM is a really good song to me – very good vocals, lyrics, music and harmonies. And Chug All Night may be a bit juvenile, but it’s also raw and sexy and it just simply rocks! So what am I going to vote for? I guess I’ll just pick the one I like slightly less …

I cast my vote for Nightingale.

sodascouts
06-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and the next song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Tryin'. “Tryin'”, you kept on tryin' as long as you could, but it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Tryin' – 9
Nightingale - 4
Chug All Night – 3
Train Leaves Here This Morning - 3

Vote Breakdown
Tryin' - WalshFan88
Tryin' – Glennhoney
Tryin' – Freypower
Tryin' - EagleLady
Tryin' – Koala
Tryin' - Annabel
Tryin' – WildThyme
Tryin' – Glennsallnighter
Tryin' – luvthelighthouse
Nightingale - whitcap
Nightingale - sodascouts
Nightingale - Brooke
Nightingale – Ive always been a dreamer
Chug All Night – Judy
Chug All Night – tequila girl
Train Leaves Here This Morning - TimothyBFan
Train Leaves Here This Morning - Prettymaid
Train Leaves Here This Morning - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21
Tryin' 6/23

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Nightingale
Take the Devil
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

How many songs on the album did Bernie Leadon co-write with another Eagle?

Freypower
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Witchy Woman & Earlybird

Chug All Night immune

sodascouts
06-23-2011, 08:04 PM
That's right, those are the two songs he co-wrote with another Eagle.

CHUG ALL NIGHT is immune.

Round 4 starts NOW!

WalshFan88
06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I vote for Take The Devil

Freypower
06-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I vote for Nightingale.

EagleLady
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I vote for Nightingale as well

Glennhoney
06-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Nighhtingale it is...........and thanks for saving CHUG ALL NIGHT..:thumbsup:

Glennhoney
06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
..I should be more specific....my vote is for Nighthingale....

WalshFan88
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sad to see these votes for Nightingale. :( IMO it's the best song on the album besides Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, and Witchy Woman. Definitely a better song than Chug All Night (not a fan of that one), Take The Devil, or Train Leaves Here This Morning. I find Nightingale to be the best rocker. But I'm a Don Henley fan myself. :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I agree! I said earlier, Nightingale could have easily been the next single off the album.

It's fast and fun... It's easily one of my favorites! I rank it above Witchy Woman for my own personal music taste.

I encourage people to vote for Take the Devil if you want to save Nightingale!

06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Well ltl - Although I'm withholding my vote for now, I'll also join you in calling for folks to join together to ...

Save Nightingale!!!

Vote for Take the Devil!!!

Koala
06-24-2011, 12:35 AM
I cast my vote for Take The Devil

EaglesKiwi
06-24-2011, 03:36 AM
I vote for Take The Devil

Wildthyme
06-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I vote for "Take the Devil".

Prettymaid
06-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I vote for Take the Devil.

TimothyBFan
06-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks FP for making Chug All Night immune.

I'm in agreement with the majority here, it looks like.

Save Nightingale...Vote for Take The Devil!

I vote for Take The Devil.

Annabel
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I vote for Take The Devil.

luvthelighthouse
06-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I better vote before I forget!

I vote for Take the Devil.

UK TimFan
06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I wonder how many people are voting for Take the devil because (like Austin) they think Nightingale should be saved because it's one of the top four best songs on the album, and how many are voting for Take the devil because it's their least favourite of the songs that are left.

TimothyBFan
06-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I wonder how many people are voting for Take the devil because (like Austin) they think Nightingale should be saved because it's one of the top four best songs on the album, and how many are voting for Take the devil because it's their least favourite of the songs that are left.

For me it's both.

UK TimFan
06-24-2011, 10:24 AM
As it's one of my three 'least favourite' songs (all equally least :)) I vote for Nightingale.

p.s. to TimothyBFan - thanks for your reply to my comment in post #113

Brooke
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I vote for Nightingale. I like it. It's cute, but it's next on my list to go down. I just like Take The Devil better.

luvthelighthouse
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
For me it's both.

Ditto! Nightingale is in my top three! Take the Devil is in my bottom three...

Judy
06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I vote for Take the Devil because I listened to Nightingale & Take the Devil, and Earlybird started playing after Take the Devil, so I'm punishing it. JK. I liked Nighingale better when I compared the two.

Prettymaid
06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
In answer to EK's question, my answer is also 'both'.

sodascouts
06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
What about if they're BOTH in your bottom three? ::raises hand:: lol

BBKron
06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Once Again, I'm arriving late to this show (I don't stop by for a couple weeks and look what happens), and now I find that some of my favorites have already been voted off in the first few rounds.

My vote for this round goes to Take The Devil, which probably would (and should) have been voted off in earlier rounds if it wasn't immune.

Not that anyone cares, but my previous round votes would have gone to:
Most of Us Are Sad
Take The Devil
Witchy Woman

which, for me, anyway, are (in order) the three weakest songs on the album.

OK, sure the bird tweets are annoying, but besides that, Earlybird is a great song and didn't deserve it's early out. Same for Tryin'

GlennLover
06-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I cast my vote for Nightingale, as it appears that TTD is going down without any more help needed, & Nightingale is the next on my list. Please don't shoot me! :fear: As I have said in previous posts, it's not that I don't like any particular song (I like all the songs on the album) it's that we have to prioritize from least favorite to most favorite.

WalshFan88
06-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Please don't shoot me! :fear:

:machinegun: (jk) :D :cheers: :hilarious:

GlennLover
06-24-2011, 05:23 PM
:machinegun: (jk) :D :cheers: :hilarious:

:lol: :saberfight:

Freypower
06-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I was happy with TTD being immune for a couple of rounds. I prefer it to Nightingale.

whitcap
06-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I vote for Nightingale.

06-25-2011, 11:00 AM
I'll go ahead and vote earlier than usual. There are still some people who haven't voted yet, and the results of this round are still too close to call, but I don't think it's any secret that I'm hoping Take the Devil will go down this time. I don't think it is a bad song, but along with Earlybird, they are my least favorites on the album. I usually rank Earlybird as my least favorite simply because of the cringe-worthy chirping, but I like the actual melody and harmonies better than those on Take the Devil. IMO, Nightingale is a definitely better song, although I don't rank it the top 4 on the album as others do. So without further ado ...

I cast my vote for Take the Devil.

sodascouts
06-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Oops - I almost forgot to vote!

I cast my vote for Nightingale.

sodascouts
06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
In a starkly divided round, the tribe has spoken and the next song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Take the Devil. “Take the Devil”, while I hope you keep your spirits up and take the devil from your mind, it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Take the Devil - 11
Nightingale - 8

Vote Breakdown
Take the Devil - WalshFan88
Take the Devil - Koala
Take the Devil - EaglesKiwi
Take the Devil - Wildthyme
Take the Devil - Prettymaid
Take the Devil - TimothyBFan
Take the Devil - Annabel
Take the Devil - luvthelighthouse
Take the Devil - Judy
Take the Devil - BBKron
Take the Devil - Ive always been a dreamer
Nightingale - Freypower
Nightingale - EagleLady
Nightingale - Glennhoney
Nightingale - UK TimFan
Nightingale - Brooke
Nightingale - GlennLover
Nightingale - whitcap
Nightingale - sodascouts

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21
Tryin' 6/23
Take the Devil 6/24

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Nightingale
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Name all the songs on the album which are either written or co-written by a non-Eagle.

UK TimFan
06-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Take it easy
Witchy woman
Chug all night
MOst of us are sad
Train leaves here this morning
Take the devil
Earlybird
Tryin'

Immune: Train leaves here this morning

Oh bother! (For want of a better word! :brickwall: )

Freypower
06-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Take It Easy, Nightingale, Train Leaves Here This Morning, Peaceful Easy Feeling

Chug All Night immune

sodascouts
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
That's right!

CHUG ALL NIGHT is immune.

Voting for Round 5 beings NOW!

UK TimFan
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
My vote is for Nightingale

Freypower
06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
OK, well I can cheerfully vote for Nightingale again.

WalshFan88
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
My vote is for Train Leaves Here This Morning. Nightingale is much better. Also definitely better than Chug All Night, which I can't stand. Face it, Nightingale is the 4th best after TIE, PEF, and WW.

sodascouts
06-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Face it, Nightingale is the 4th best after TIE, PEF, and WE.

... or not. ;)

WalshFan88
06-25-2011, 08:22 PM
... or not. ;)

LOL. I just don't like CAN. It's worse than Disco Strangler or Teenage Jail for me. :D

06-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Well - the final six songs in this game are exactly as I had hoped. Now, although I like Nightingale a whole lot more than Soda, I can't agree that it is the fourth best song on the album. Sorry Austin, but personally I think Train Leaves Here This Morning and Chug All Night are both better songs so I'll be rooting for Nightingale to go this time. I'm going to wait to vote though to see how this round goes.

WalshFan88
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Well - the final six songs in this game are exactly as I had hoped. Now, although I like Nightingale a whole lot more than Soda, I can't agree that it is the fourth best song on the album. Sorry Austin, but personally I think Train Leaves Here This Morning and Chug All Night are both better songs so I'll be rooting for Nightingale to go this time. I'm going to wait to vote though to see how this round goes.

LOL so I take it you wouldn't agree with my statement that Chug All Night is the worst song on the album?! :hilarious: :D

06-25-2011, 08:36 PM
That would be correct, Austin. :wink:

As I said before, Chug All Night may be a bit immature lyrically, but it is also a raw, sexy, rockin' song with great vocals, music, and melody, IMHO.

WalshFan88
06-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Also FWIW, I like "Train Leaves Here This Morning" better than "Chug All Night" but Chug All Night is immune right now! :( And I'm not voting for my precious Nightingale LOL.... So I have no choice. :(

luvthelighthouse
06-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, it's well known that I agree that Nightingale is in the top three songs of album! I love it. I actually like all the remaining songs...but I would love Nightingale so stay at least one more round.

Judy
06-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I vote off Train Leaves Here This Morning.

I think I already voted for Nightingale once. I'm glad it hasn't been voted off yet.

whitcap
06-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I vote for Nightingale.

WalshFan88
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
:armed:(jk)

Sorry! :nahnah: But Nightingale is the best song IMO on the album other than Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, and Witchy Woman as I've said. I can't understand why anyone could like Chug All Night. The lyrics just irritate me. But of course music is very personal and not everyone is going to agree of course. But I'd rather listen to The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks, Teenage Jail, The Disco Strangler, etc before I'd listen to Chug All Night.... I actually LIKE TGDWNF. I don't really like TJ or TDS though but even they are better than CAN. "Greeks" actually is a song I can get into. :hilarious: I think it's the rhythm/groove.

Koala
06-26-2011, 02:12 AM
I vote for Nightingale!

EaglesKiwi
06-26-2011, 04:37 AM

I also like both TLHTM and Nightingale better than Chug All Night (sorry, but no matter how good the music I just can't like a song that can be seen to promote binge drinking, whether that was the original intention of the writers or not).

Wildthyme
06-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Gotta vote for Nightingale this round...

Brooke
06-26-2011, 09:48 AM
As I said before, Chug All Night may be a bit immature lyrically, but it is also a raw, sexy, rockin' song with great vocals, music, and melody, IMHO.

Perfect dreamer, my long lost twin sista! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And Austin, like I said earlier, you have shocked me! CAN is such a rocker and you being the rocker song lover...........my mind is boggled! :lol:

My vote is for Nightingale, again!

EagleLady
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I vote for Nightingale.

sodascouts
06-26-2011, 04:22 PM
sorry, but no matter how good the music I just can't like a song that can be seen to promote binge drinking, whether that was the original intention of the writers or not).

Aw, you can't fault 'em for the way slang has changed! "Chug" didn't mean that back then. That's like criticizing songs from the 20s where they talk about "let's go smoke some fags" as promoting violence against homosexuals! (For the younger set: "fags" used to be slang for cigarettes.)

BTW - I just realized something - in 9 years, when we talk about the 20s.... we could be talking about the CURRENT decade... mind-blowing!

AzEaglesFan
06-26-2011, 08:00 PM
I vote for Nightingale

luvthelighthouse
06-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning!

It may not help, as my precious Nightingale appears to be leaving...

WalshFan88
06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
And Austin, like I said earlier, you have shocked me! CAN is such a rocker and you being the rocker song lover...........my mind is boggled! :lol:

It's something about the lyrics. I like the rhythm and groove ok but the lyrics just aren't for me. I know this is weird - but I consider Nightingale the best "rocker" on the album. Crazy, I know.

I'm weird - I know...... You can say it! :hilarious:

06-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Aw, you can't fault 'em for the way slang has changed! "Chug" didn't mean that back then.

Yeah - that's right! Glenn wasn't promoting binge drinking in the song, he was promoting binge sex. :lol:

And Austin, of course, you have a right to like or dislike any of the songs you wish and you certainly don't have to explain why you like Nightingale over Chug All Night to us, but I appreciate you doing it anyway. Since it does seem a bit out of character for you to not like the most rockin' songs it makes our inquiring minds curious. Now, you can keep hanging on to your special friend for a little bit longer, but it looks like it could go down this round. :wink:

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Yeah - that's right! Glenn wasn't promoting binge drinking in the song, he was promoting binge sex. :lol:

And Austin, of course, you have a right to like or dislike any of the songs you wish and you certainly don't have to explain why you like Nightingale over Chug All Night to us, but I appreciate you doing it anyway. Since it does seem a bit out of character for you to not like the most rockin' songs it makes our inquiring minds curious. Now, you can keep hanging on to your special friend for a little bit longer, but it looks like it could go down this round. :wink:

For me the lyrics are boring and too repetitive... It isn't the words in the lyrics that I dislike, it's just the repetition and it seems boring to me. For the ultimate Glenn rockin' song, I have to look no further than "Already Gone". That song is probably my favorite Glenn Eagles song. Now that one I like. Or "James Dean". Or "Heartache Tonight". Those are more my style.

tequila girl
06-27-2011, 02:50 AM

Thank Goodness for that!! That's the way I always read it since first hearing the song in the early seventies........ and then all this talk of drinking got me to thinking maybe i'd been mistaken all these years! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Freypower
06-27-2011, 03:08 AM
For me the lyrics are boring and too repetitive... It isn't the words in the lyrics that I dislike, it's just the repetition and it seems boring to me. For the ultimate Glenn rockin' song, I have to look no further than "Already Gone". That song is probably my favorite Glenn Eagles song. Now that one I like. Or "James Dean". Or "Heartache Tonight". Those are more my style.

I think the only part of Chug All Night that is repetitive is the chorus, which is no more repetitive than the chorus of Nightingale.

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 03:20 AM
I think the only part of Chug All Night that is repetitive is the chorus, which is no more repetitive than the chorus of Nightingale.

I'm not talking word for word. It's like it just repeats itself. It doesn't really change up. It's a feeling you get of the same thing over and over and a feeling of boredom. There are lots of songs I feel this way about. Glenn's "Love In The 21st Century" comes to mind. The Stones "Get Off Of My Cloud" also comes to mind. Beatles "Twist and Shout" comes to mind. FWIW, Nightingale is a stronger song musically IMO.

Glennsallnighter
06-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Over here its still quite common for people to anounce that they are heading out of a building to 'have a fag'. And we all just KNOW its a cigarette!

As for Chug All Night....... it rocks and I LIKE the idea of Glenn :heart: promoting binge sex! So CAN can stay immune as long as it likes for me!

This round I cast my vote for 'Nightingale'

EaglesKiwi
06-27-2011, 04:59 AM

Thanks Soda & Dreamer for pointing out the original meaning :). Since I first heard the song just over a week ago I only had today's slang in mind!

We've had a number of tragedies caused by binge-drinking over here recently, and unfortunately it's put me off the song a bit. I will have to try listening again some time in the future (although given NZ's drinking culture, particularly for teenagers, that could be a LONG way in the future!!)

TimothyBFan
06-27-2011, 07:35 AM
I love Chug All Night but I also enjoy Nightingale so I'm really glad to see it still here.

I actually get to keep going in the order of my list. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Better vote now while I'm home from work for lunch.

Geesh, it would have been almost worth it to vote for Nightingale just to not have to type out that long title. :hilarious:

Almost, but not quite. ;)

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Geesh, it would have been almost worth it to vote for Nightingale just to not have to type out that long title. :hilarious:

Almost, but not quite. ;)

:hilarious: :thumbsup:

Annabel
06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Next on my hit list is :-

Train Leaves Here This Morning.

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
So Pueb, I'm somehow getting the feeling that you are a fan of "Train Leaves Here This Morning". I like it too, and I'd much rather vote off CAN but I can't do that, but I put Nightingale once notch above TLHTM. Sorry. :(

Annabel
06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
So Pueb, I'm somehow getting the feeling that you are a fan of "Train Leaves Here This Morning". I like it too, and I'd much rather vote off CAN but I can't do that, but I put Nightingale once notch above TLHTM. Sorry. :(

What 'he' said. :laugh:

BBKron
06-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe Train Leaves Here This Morning is getting so many votes this round, when it is one of the best songs on the album.

Although I know it has almost no chance of getting voted off, I have to vote for my least favorite left, which is Witchy Woman.

Really, I think this is one of the very weakest of all their 'hits', and frankly can be somewhat annoying, This never was one I liked much, and so liked it even less after it was played into the ground. Sorry, but just because it was a hit, doesn't make it good, and this one is definitely in my 'bottom three' for this album.

'oo-wee, witchay wo-man'

For TLHTM, Nightingale, or even Chug All Night (not to mention Earlybird and Tryin') to get voted off before Witchy Woman is just not right.

Prettymaid
06-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Sometimes I do wonder if the fact that a song was a hit influences our decisions in Survivor. I don't really see how it couldn't. I actually had Nightingale and Tryin' above WW on my list, but hit or not, I think WW is a better song than CAN. And Earybird and TLHTM are just not my cup of tea - simple as that. You either like that kind of music or you don't.

BTW, if you do like it, WW rocks live!

GlennLover
06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm going with Nightingale again. TLHTM is a favorite of mine, as is CAN. Love the line "Im wired for sound, are you wired for light".

06-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I actually am wishing there were no more immunity questions after this. But since the immunity questions will still be around for a couple more rounds, I’d like to see either Witchy Woman, Peaceful Easy Feeling, or Take It Easy made immune and just let Chug All Night and Train Leaves Here This Morning duke it out. They are both excellent songs, albeit very different, and I think it would be fun to see them go head to head and just the let the tribe decide which song it likes best.

For this round, I would have voted for Nightingale if it needed my vote for elimination. But since that’s not the case, I won’t rub it in because I really like the song. So then, I’m going to join BBKron and vote for Witchy Woman. However, with all due respect, BBKron, I’m voting for it for an entirely different reason. PM, you may be right that we are sometimes swayed by the fact that certain songs are hits. But, in this case, I happen to think it is an awesome song and definitely deserves to finish in the top three. I agree that just because it was a hit doesn’t make it a good song, but the lyrics, vocals, harmonies, music, and arrangement sure make it good, IMHO. But even if you disagree with all those reasons, the fact that almost 40 years after its release, most people love and still recognize the song should count for something. If nothing else, the song sure has staying power and it definitely resonates with lots of people of all generations. And, yes, it does rock live. But I have to vote strategically so …

06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Nightingale. “Nightingale”, glad to see that you are hanging on to your peace of mind and your special friend, cause you sure couldn’t hang on to victory in this game. You must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Nightingale – 10
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 7
Witchy Woman – 2

Vote Breakdown
Nightingale –UK Timfan
Nightingale – Freypower
Nightingale – whitcap
Nightingale – Koala
Nightingale – WildThyme
Nightingale – Brooke
Nightingale – EagleLady
Nightingale – AzEaglesFan
Nightingale – Glennsallnighter
Nightingale – GlennLover
Train Leaves Here This Morning – WalshFan88
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Judy
Train Leaves Here This Morning – EaglesKiwi
Train Leaves Here This Morning – luvthelighthouse
Train Leaves Here This Morning – TimothyBFan
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Prettymaid
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Annabel
Witchy Woman – BBKron
Witchy Woman – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21
Tryin' 6/23
Take the Devil 6/25
Nightingale 6/27

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Who is listed as the “firekeeper” in this albums liner notes?

whitcap
06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
John Barrick

Train Leaves Here this morning immune

luvthelighthouse
06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
John Barrick

Immune : Peaceful Easy Feeling

luvthelighthouse
06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Dang it! I thought I was posting to this site... but I had another site open too... now a bunch of women are probably wondering what the heck my post means!

I was wondering why I didn't show up at first... realized I posted to the wrong site... retyped my answer and see I was beaten to the punch! Dang!

06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
whitcap was the first to answer correctly.

Train Leaves Here This Morning is immune.

Voting for Round Six begins now.

Freypower
06-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I guess TLHTM has as much right to be immune as CAN did for two rounds, although I would have followed Dreamer's tactics because I think it would have been interesting to see the two songs face off.

But now I will have to vote for Chug All Night; which I think is a great song but not quite as good as the Big Three.

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 08:19 PM
While I'm VERY depressed right now because my beloved Nightingale is gone (:weep:), I'm so happy that I can now vote off the song that is:

Chug All Night

Sorry, I got a little carried away there. ;) :hilarious:

I love Witchy Woman and consider it to be the 3rd best song on the album. I consider Peaceful Easy Feeling to be 2nd best, and of course Take It Easy the best. Witchy Woman is THE rocker on this album as far as I'm concerned. I love it. And it's great live too. I love the chorus and all of that. I'm all for hard rockin' tunes and Witchy Woman is it for me. Again, it shocks me that someone would put Chug All Night or Train Leaves Here This Morning in front of Witchy Woman. Both of them can't hold a candle to WW IMO.

Also FWIW, most of the songs I like are hit songs. I've noticed with my musical tastes that I tend to like the hit songs and not really like the songs that aren't hits. I also tend to notice I dislike experimental music and prefer mainstream classic rock Top 40 type stuff. But I've found interestingly enough that I do seem to be attracted to the hit songs. I don't know why it works that way but it seems like the songs I like are always the hits and the songs I dislike are usually the unsung forgotten about tunes. Dunno why it works that way. As I've said before I'm a rock guy, not a country guy but even still I have very unique and weird tastes. I mean I'm a rock guy and dislike Chug All Night. I know it puzzles some. It puzzles me for that matter too, LOL. But I've found that if a song is a hit, I'll generally like it. Not always though. But the reason I like it is because it's good, and good songs are usually hits. Can't say the same for some of the "stragglers" on an album so to speak. Just my experience.

Freypower
06-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Not all albums are full of hit singles. Not all songs can be released as singles. That doesn't mean they aren't good songs.

I sometimes feel that way (prefer the hits) but a lot of times, I don't. Calling songs 'stragglers' because they weren't 'hits' seems somewhat unfair to me.

Everybody has opinions which are valid. People make their choices dependent on how they feel about particular songs. It is all personal opinion.

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Everybody has opinions which are valid. People make their choices dependent on how they feel about particular songs. It is all personal opinion.

And I realize and respect that. But I can't help but to be puzzled by it. ;) And I'm sure people felt the same way about me & disliking CAN.

EagleLady
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I vote for Chug All Night

Glennhoney
06-27-2011, 08:47 PM
"WItchy Woman" is my vote

Judy
06-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I vote off Chug All Night.

I too, for the most part, don't like country. I also tend to like the songs that are hits. I do like some of the deeper cuts on my favorite singers, though (I like lots of songs on Inside Job, which most people don't)....and some of the country songs I do like are some of the sappiest.

On this album I could do without TLHTM, Earlybird, and Chug All Night.

I can't rank my top 3-I like them equally for different reasons. Peaceful Easy Feeling is so darn pretty-especially live. I just can't sit still when I hear Take It Easy. I love Don's voice on Witchy Woman. It just adds to the ambience of the accompanying music. It's going to be hard to let them go.

sodascouts
06-27-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm bummed I didn't get to vote in the last round, but I got held up at the car dealer. The good news is that I have a new car! And hey, I see Nightingale went without my help. Now, what to vote for next....

WalshFan88
06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm bummed I didn't get to vote in the last round, but I got held up at the car dealer. The good news is that I have a new car! And hey, I see Nightingale went without my help. Now, what to vote for next....

Perhaps I can help you with your decision...... I say vote for "Chug All Night". :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-27-2011, 10:21 PM
:armed:(jk)

Posting this once would be sufficient to express your displeasure...

sodascouts
06-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Perhaps I can help you with your decision...... I say vote for "Chug All Night". :hilarious:

I'm thinking about it!

luvthelighthouse
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Not sure what to do here...

I like Chug All Night. I've stated many times, I'm not a fan of Witchy Woman, although it has grown on me in recent years.

The thing is, while I may like CAN more... do I really think it's better than WW? Not really. I believe WW is probably the better song, even if "I" don't like it better. Does that make any sense? :hilarious: I'm open to arguements for either. Last game, I gained new appreciation for Out of Control... so I am open minded...

AzEaglesFan
06-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I vote Chug All Night

sodascouts
06-28-2011, 12:00 AM
When I first purchased the Eagles' Greatest Hits, Witchy Woman was my least favorite of the bunch. That said, inferior to Chug All Night? I don't know...

Koala
06-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I vote for Chug All Night

EaglesKiwi
06-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Prettymaid
06-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Dang it! I thought I was posting to this site... but I had another site open too... now a bunch of women are probably wondering what the heck my post means!

I was wondering why I didn't show up at first... realized I posted to the wrong site... retyped my answer and see I was beaten to the punch! Dang!

:rofl:That'll teach you, you traitor! Who are you posting to that's more awesome than us? OMG that's hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried. :weep:

I wish you would have won the immunity question, because I agree with Dreamer that it would have been fun for CAN and TLHTM to duke it out. However, I can't blame WC for wanting TLHTM to stay longer if she likes it that much. I don't like it very much at all.

The thing is, while I may like CAN more... do I really think it's better than WW? Not really. I believe WW is probably the better song, even if "I" don't like it better. Does that make any sense? :hilarious: I'm open to arguements for either.

It makes perfect sense to me, and I struggle with that almost every time I play Survivor. Honestly, it usually depends on what kind of mood I'm in at that particular time as to whether I vote for the one I like to listen to more, or the one I feel is written better. The fact that we scrutinize these songs so much for this game proves that we want to be 'fair'.

Holding my vote for now...

TimothyBFan
06-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Well my list got blown to shreds that last round. :hilarious: Not exactly surprising of course.

My next least fave is immune this round. I'm one who LOVES Chug All Night. As for Witchy Woman, I liked it a gazillion plays ago but I've grown tired of it, tho I will say that it made a bit of a comeback for me after seeing it live, but that was only temporary and now it's probably my least favorite Eagles hit.

I vote for Witchy Woman.

Annabel
06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh boy,going to have to be a vote for Chug All Night for me this time.

Brooke
06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, personally I'm shocked and sad to see these votes for Witchy Woman. :cry: I've always loved it and it's in my top three. I'm sure that it's being a hit has something to do with it, but I still, after all these years, love it! And as has been said, it rocks live! :nod:

I really love Chug All Night! Glenns voice is so young and sexy sounding :drool: , but since Train is immune, I have to cast my vote for it. I like TLHTM, but it's just kind of a downer.

I enjoy most all tracks on an album and usually listen to all the songs. But my hubby is more of a hits man and just plays what he wants to hear. It really bugs me when he does that! :headscratch:

luvthelighthouse
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
:rofl:That'll teach you, you traitor! Who are you posting to that's more awesome than us? OMG that's hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried. :weep:

I was posting on my "Mom's Board"... My response to some woman going through marriage counseling was "John Barrick, Peaceful Easy Feeling". :hilarious: I did go back and edit it! I was stupid for being on two sites at once...otherwise I would have had the immunity question. :brickwall:

I am going to give both songs a fresh listen later today to see how I feel.

Prettymaid
06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I was posting on my "Mom's Board"... My response to some woman going through marriage counseling was "John Barrick, Peaceful Easy Feeling". :hilarious: I did go back and edit it! I was stupid for being on two sites at once...otherwise I would have had the immunity question. :brickwall:

This just gets better and better! I can just see that woman who saw your post thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if this John Barrick can give me a peaceful easy feeling?" So much for encouraging her to stay in the marriage! :hilarious:

BBKron
06-28-2011, 02:15 PM
OK, Let's try this again.

My vote still goes to Witchy Woman (for reasons given previously).

A few words in support of Chug All Night. OK, this may not be the boys most intellectual song, but it does rock hard, and is a great song live. Some have already mentioned that they really like the live versions of Witchy Woman, and I think it's true that it works better live than on the original album (they can do alot more with it live). But if you are going to use the live argument in support of a song, that case is probably stronger for Chug All Night than any other song. To be honest, I never really paid much attention to this song on the original album, but I gained new appreciation for it as a rockin' live song. If you go back to their earlier shows (way back when they actually played songs other than the 'big 3' from this album live, like 1973-75), Chug All Night was a revelation, a hard-driving, energetic, crowd-raising stomper that brought the house down. It was so strong that they often used it as their set closer (last song before the encore), because it just was a great live song. Go ahead, go back and listen to some of those early shows, it was remarkably effective and infectious. I wish they would bring it back in their live shows today, just to shake things up.

WalshFan88 says he supports Witchy Woman because it is 'a rocker', but I just don't see that. There are only 2 'rockers' on this album, Tryin' (which was already voted off) and Chug All Night. Witchy Woman is a fine mid-tempo pop/rock song, but it is not a rocker. BTW, Tryin' is another song that I gained new respect for as a great live 'rocker' in those early live shows. Classic stuff.

If Witchy Woman really is one of your favorite songs, fine, but I hope people don't just hold on to it because it was a big hit, it is so familiar, and it is expected to be one of the last songs. To me, it is a very boring 'finals' if it always comes down to only the top hits. I mean, realistically, we all know that Take it Easy will be the winner (as it should be), with Peaceful Easy Feeling and Witchy Woman next. Yes, we all know and love those songs. But to me, what is most interesting about these exercises is what people think and have to say about the other songs, and which of them are actually better than the hits, or 'should have been' hits. At this point, my primary goal in this is to at least get down to the final three without Witchy Woman being there (because there are several better songs on this album).

BTW, I'm glad TLHTM got immunity because it deserves to still be here, but unfortunately doesn't have the support.

Sorry for being so long-winded. Let the games continue.

Prettymaid
06-28-2011, 02:23 PM
At the end of the game I always try to post my list, as I feel it gives an overall, clear view of my favorite, all the way down to my least favorite. I appreciate it when others do this too.

tequila girl
06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Posting this once would be sufficient to express your displeasure...
Awww come on Nancy, lighten up...it's all said in fun! :)
I vote for Chug all night

06-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Carole - First of all, I want to make it clear that I mean no offense to anyone, but personally I'm with Nancy on this one. I appreciate what you're saying and I'm sure everyone understands that no harm is intended, but you have to look at this from another point-of-view as well. There are some folks who find it very annoying going into a thread thinking they are going to read something substantive only to find the thread repeatedly flooded with the same single emoticon. No one's trying to keep folks from having fun, but we have to remember that different folks have different ideas about what is fun. In any event, no big deal, but just something for all of us to keep in mind. :thumbsup:

tequila girl
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Carole - First of all, I want to make it clear that I mean no offense to anyone, but personally I'm with Nancy on this one. I appreciate what you're saying and I'm sure everyone understands that no harm is intended, but you have to look at this from another point-of-view as well. There are some folks who find it very annoying going into a thread thinking they are going to read something substantive only to find the thread repeatedly flooded with the same single emoticon. No one's trying to keep folks from having fun, but we have to remember that different folks have different ideas about what is fun. In any event, no big deal, but just something for all of us to keep in mind. :thumbsup:
OK, no offense taken :thumbsup: .....but - come on .....this is meant to be a fun forum where we all talk about the guys we love -is it not? Does anyone really take things that seriously?

GlennLover
06-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, I'm going to have to vote for Chug All Night, since TLHTM is immune & I love Witchy Woman. Love that native American beat. Never get tired of it. Of course I couldn't vote for TIE or PEF either!

luvthelighthouse
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
OK, no offense taken :thumbsup: .....but - come on .....this is meant to be a fun forum where we all talk about the guys we love -is it not? Does anyone really take things that seriously?

Do not want to derail topic... but I am one of the people that when I open a post, I do want to read a thought... not just see an icon, especially if it's repetitive. :shrug:

I still want to hear some more pro's vs cons on WW and CAN.

tequila girl
06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Do not want to derail topic... but I am one of the people that when I open a post, I do want to read a thought... not just see an icon, especially if it's repetitive. :shrug:

:ziplip: ooops...sorry! :)

Freypower
06-28-2011, 06:59 PM

Particularly when the person posting the emoticon has for whatever reason chosen not to play the game.

Witchy Woman: It has that awesome Native American feel to it. I don't know if it's cliched but it just pounds away so hard! It's one of Don's best lead vocals where apart from a couple of falsetto 'ah ahs' he sings it straight and hard. It has some great harmonies & great lead guitar work. Having finally got to see it live, yes, it rocked; harder than a couple of other songs which they have been playing for years. Mid tempo or not, I consider it one of their rockiest songs. Some may find the Native American rhythm cliched as I said, and that is the only 'con' I can think of unless people think the whole 'witch' idea is hackneyed.

Chug All Night: young, raw & sexy. What's not to like? It's somewhat naive, I guess, and perhaps the sentiment isn't very sophisticated, but like I said they were very young. As BBKron said there is a fantastic live version of it which proves just how well Glenn could sing songs like this. I cling onto this one as a reminder of the days when he sang the rockers.

WalshFan88
06-28-2011, 07:12 PM
WalshFan88 says he supports Witchy Woman because it is 'a rocker', but I just don't see that. There are only 2 'rockers' on this album, Tryin' (which was already voted off) and Chug All Night. Witchy Woman is a fine mid-tempo pop/rock song, but it is not a rocker. BTW, Tryin' is another song that I gained new respect for as a great live 'rocker' in those early live shows. Classic stuff.

Agree to disagree on the opinion of what is considered a "rocker". Everyone has their own opinion on what is a "rocker" song. I'm not wrong and you are not wrong. WW is a "rocker" to me regardless of the tempo. A rock song to me is a "rocker". I'm not a country music fan, and most know that here and that I'm more drawn to classic rock/hard rock music (hence why I prefer the HC/Long Run eras) and that I prefer the songs that are more rock n' roll. Now, I agree that Chug All Night is a rocker but I just don't click with that song or it's lyrics. I do love Witchy Woman though, and there is a reason it was a hit. If a song is a hit (and made a hit by the people), then it's a good song. I don't think one person can say whether a song is a "rocker" or not or try to tell me I'm wrong for calling it such. JMO. It's a personal opinion on what a song is. Not a fact.

06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Not sure what to do here...

I like Chug All Night. I've stated many times, I'm not a fan of Witchy Woman, although it has grown on me in recent years.

The thing is, while I may like CAN more... do I really think it's better than WW? Not really. I believe WW is probably the better song, even if "I" don't like it better. Does that make any sense? :hilarious: I'm open to arguements for either. Last game, I gained new appreciation for Out of Control... so I am open minded...

First of all, ltl, I totally get what you are saying here too. I've often said that I always vote for what I believe is the better song, although many times it may not be my personal favorite.

In the case of Witchy Woman vs. Chug All Night, even though I think they are both really good, IMO, Witchy Woman is the better song overall. They both have great guitar work, melodies, and vocals. However, I think the music, lyrics and harmonies in Witchy Woman are all superior. Therefore, I think it deserves to finish in the top three in this game - not because it was a hit but because it is a better song than Chug All Night and Train Leave Here This Morning (and all the others that are 'already gone'). And if that makes this game predictable, then so be it. I think in most all of the Survivor games we can usually guess which songs will be in the top two or three, but that doesn't make the game boring to me. It's still fun getting there and having all the discussions about the various songs. The point is most of the time the songs that finish at top are there because they are the best songs in the opinions of the majority of folks playing the game. And yep - they usually are the hits.

BTW, I'm glad TLHTM got immunity because it deserves to still be here, but unfortunately doesn't have the support.

Then the way I look at this is if it doesn't have the support, it doesn't deserve to still be here. I've never seen the point of trying to save songs with immunity when it's obvious that the majority of players want to vote the song off. I'm not sure what that proves other than the fact that a song that most players thought was inferior was protected by immunity. :shrug:

Freypower
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Then the way I look at this is if it doesn't have the support, it doesn't deserve to still be here. I've never seen the point of trying to save songs with immunity when it's obvious that the majority of players want to vote the song off. I'm not sure what that proves other than the fact that a song that most players thought was inferior was protected by immunity. :shrug:

To be fair, although that happened in the Desperado game it hasn't really happened in this game. No song in this game has been immune more than two rounds.

GlennLover
06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Chug All Night: As BBKron said there is a fantastic live version of it which proves just how well Glenn could sing songs like this.

Is this version still available somewhere? I'd love to hear it.

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 12:02 AM

I understand what you're saying. It's not like that's the first time anyone's ever posted a fighting emoticon without any substantive text during one of these games. It's happened many times before. I usually shrug it off. In fact, the first few times it was done during this game, I didn't say anything.

It was the repetition that got me. When we got three almost identical posts in a single 24-hour period with nothing but "emoticon (jk)," I felt compelled to say something. Why? Because I figured if I didn't, when TLHTM was no longer immune, I'd be treated to an entire page of those suckers. I think it's safe to say that very few people would find scrolling through all of that fun!

Netiquette hint for all of us: posting pretty much the same exact thing, emoticon or not, several times in a row is not a good idea. We got it the first time!

That said, I would like to thank pueblo for going back and deleting the multiple "emoticon(s) (jk)" posts she made over the past few days. I appreciate her responsiveness.

Back to the game. I have been agonizing over whether to vote for CAN or WW. There was a time when this would have been easy, but Chug All Night has really grown on me! Like BBKron, I really warmed to it when hearing it on live bootlegs. Now, maybe we shouldn't let the live versions influence us, but it's hard not to when they play it with such fire and vigor! Hot vocals, smokin' guitar, driving beat... young and wild and full of energy... it rocks!

Still, on the minus side, some of the lyrics for that song are rather inane. Not all of them, just some. I really like the "I'm wired for sound; are you wired for light" part... but the "chugging/hugging" couplet is really cringe-worthy.

Oh man. I'm going to have to agonize about this a bit more before voting!

Freypower
06-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Is this version still available somewhere? I'd love to hear it.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/ChugAllNightBoston74.mp3

EaglesKiwi
06-29-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the link, FP. I'd like to hear a live version too, although not straight away.

I LOVE Witchy Woman. I've always liked it, but hearing it live has taken it right up in my favourites list. I think there is (or was) a clip on YouTube where Don was being interviewed & the host played WW - Don commented that "now we do it faster & more in tune".

Faster really works... but every time I hear the recording I remember the concert :)

I tend to vote for my favourites in this game. I figure I don't know enough about music to be that analytical about the "better" song - so I just pick what I like and what touches me personally.

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:44 AM
I tend to vote for my favourites in this game. I figure I don't know enough about music to be that analytical about the "better" song - so I just pick what I like and what touches me personally.

Me too, unless I'm coalition voting. I figure, if the song strikes me for some reason, it's doing something right.

GlennLover
06-29-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/ChugAllNightBoston74.mp3

Thanks for the link, Soda. How did I miss that?! :doh:

Brooke
06-29-2011, 10:35 AM
The point is most of the time the songs that finish at top are there because they are the best songs in the opinions of the majority of folks playing the game. And yep - they usually are the hits.

And evidently the guys thought these were the best songs too. They were released as singles which ultimately became hits.

Same here EK.

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Back then did the guys decide which songs would become singles or did the recording company or somebody else?

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought it was the record company, especially at that early stage. I remember them saying that they had very little input at that point. I imagine that extended to picking the singles. I could be wrong, though.

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I just realized how lopsided the votes for this round are! Guess my vote isn't so difficult after all.

luvthelighthouse
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Before I forget... I vote for Chug All Night...

listen, i can enjoy a pleasure wheel as much as the next guy ... but i'm gonna say WW is the better song...

whitcap
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Let me be clear. I think WW is a much better song than CAN, but CAN is clearly leaving the island tonight without my help, so why waste a vote?

I'm going to think ahead in the game and place my vote now for Witchy Woman.

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah I think CAN is going to be for the chop one way or the other this round. So I think I'll vote this round for Witchy Woman. Its a wonderful song, don't get me wrong and I saw it live, being performed just about sunset. That made it almost chilling. But assuming CAN goes down it'd be next on my list to go. Train still being immune of course.

Freypower
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
It's generally true most of the best tracks on Eagles albums are hits. There is one great exception to this rule which is On The Border. In my opinion the best track on it by far is Good Day In Hell, which is one of their most obscure tracks. By contrast, the First Number One, Best Of My Love, is one of my least favourite tracks on that album.

I would also argue, but I am probably alone here, that The Long Run's best tracks are not the hits apart from Heartache Tonight. I like ICTYW but I prefer other tracks & the title track again is one of my least favourites.

06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
To be fair, although that happened in the Desperado game it hasn't really happened in this game. No song in this game has been immune more than two rounds.

I wasn't talking about the number of times a song is made immune, FP or any specific situation for that matter. I was talking about the general practice of continuously saving songs with immunity that obviously don't have the support of the majority of players in the game. I realize immunity is to save songs from being eliminated, but, as an example, I don't see any point in saving a song so that it finishes third in the game when it's obvious that the majority of players don't think it's deserving. Does it make everyone think "Wow - that song finished in 3rd place - people must really think that it's a great song"??? :nope: :roll: Not hardly!

As far as the voting for this round - I don't see where it serves any purpose to vote strategically at this point, so I'm going to vote for the song that I think is inferior to all the other eligible songs at this point. Even though it's a really good song and I like it a lot ...

I cast my vote for Chug All Night.

UK TimFan
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
My vote is for Peaceful easy feeling

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
The next song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Chug All Night. “Chug All Night”, I know it makes no sense, but it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Chug All Night - 13
Witchy Woman – 6
Peaceful Easy Feeling - 2

Vote Breakdown
Chug All Night - Freypower
Chug All Night - WalshFan88
Chug All Night - EagleLady
Chug All Night - Judy
Chug All Night - AzEaglesFan
Chug All Night - Koala
Chug All Night - Annabel
Chug All Night - Brooke
Chug All Night - tequila girl
Chug All Night - GlennLover
Chug All Night - luvthelighthouse
Chug All Night - Ive always been a dreamer
Witchy Woman - Glennhoney
Witchy Woman - TimothyBFan
Witchy Woman – BBKron
Witchy Woman - sodascouts
Witchy Woman - Prettymaid
Witchy Woman - Glennsallnighter
Peaceful Easy Feeling - whitcap
Peaceful Easy Feeling - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Earlybird 6/19
Most of Us Are Sad 6/21
Tryin' 6/23
Take the Devil 6/25
Nightingale 6/27
Chug All Night 6/29

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 7 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Name all the songs from this album that have either the word "woman" or "women" in the lyrics (not just the title - the lyrics).

whitcap
06-29-2011, 08:02 PM
witchy woman take it easy chug all night peaceful easy feeling most of us are sad

take it easy immune

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
No, I'm afraid that's not correct, whitcap.

UK TimFan
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
MOST OF US ARE SAD

cHUG ALL NIGHT

Take it easy

Nightingale
Peaceful easy feeling

Immune: Witchy woman

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:05 PM
No, that's not right either, UK TimFan.

Freypower
06-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Take It Easy, Witchy Woman, Chug All Night, Most Of Us Are Sad

Peaceful Easy Feeling immune

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
No, that's not right either. The lyrics are on the site, guys, check 'em out!

Freypower
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Damn. I know what I got wrong now. :-(

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Take it Easy

Witchy Woman

Chug All Night

Most of Us Are Sad

Nightingale

Peaceful Easy Feeling

If correct, Peaceful Easy Feeling immune.

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:30 PM
and the winner is..........PRETTY MAID!

PEACEFUL EASY FEELING is immune.

Round 7 starts NOW!

WalshFan88
06-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Train Leaves Here This Morning gets my vote.

UK TimFan
06-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Damn. I know what I got wrong now. :-(
I know.

We both made the same mistake of forgetting to include the song we wanted to make immune. :hilarious:

Freypower
06-29-2011, 08:36 PM
I know.

We both made the same mistake of forgetting to include the song we wanted to make immune. :hilarious:

But I didn't include Nightingale either!!

Anyway I vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning, which for the record is actually my fourth favourite track.

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Remember the story of The Tortoise and the Hare? Sometimes it pays to be slow. ;)

WalshFan88
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Remember the story of The Tortoise and the Hare? Sometimes it pays to be slow. ;)

I can never get my answers in in time so I don't even know why I try anymore. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I'll admit, I would have loved to see Witchy Woman be saved but I'm hoping TLHTM will go bye-bye this round. :D I think TIE will be the winner, PEF second, and WW third. That's how it should go down IMO anyway.

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I think TIE will be the winner, PEF second, and WW third. That's how it should go down IMO anyway.

Well okay then Buzzkill. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
06-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Well okay then Buzzkill. :hilarious:

:sad: I'm just saying how I think it will go down. Leaving my preferences or anyone's out of it.

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry Austin. I was being a goofball, as in 'now you've let the cat out of the bag'. It was supposed to be sarcasm. I was joking around.

WalshFan88
06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry Austin. I was being a goofball, as in 'now you've let the cat out of the bag'. It was supposed to be sarcasm. I was joking around.

So was I! :hilarious:

Glennhoney
06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
..my vote.."Train leaves here this morning"

whitcap
06-29-2011, 09:30 PM
No, that's not right either. The lyrics are on the site, guys, check 'em out!

I should have done that. I almost included Nightingale but couldn't think of the line with woman in it so I left it off.

Judy
06-30-2011, 12:11 AM

Now it's going to get hard.

Wildthyme
06-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Since it looks like TLHTM will most likely be voted off I am going to vote strategically this round for Take It Easy...

BBKron
06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
My vote, once again, goes to Witchy Woman, a good song, but certainly not one of their best overall, nor one of the best on this album.

And since Train Leaves Here This Morning is undoubtedly going down this round (and would have been ousted even earlier if not protected by immunity), let me just say a few more words in support and praise of this song.

First, I have been an Eagles fan since the very beginning. I can still remember hearing 'Take It Easy' on the radio for the very first time when it was released as a single in 1972 (I was like 14) prior even to the release of the album (and when they were usually introduced as a new group that was 'formerly Linda Ronstadt's back-up band'.) I was taken immediately with that song and their sound. A couple months later, I was much less excited about their follow-up single, 'Witchy Woman', but they still seemed like an up and coming band with a lot of potential. Shortly after that, I heard the whole album, and, of course, liked it a lot, but it was 'Train Leaves Here This Morning' that was the real revelation on the album, just such a beautiful song in every way, and not quite like anything else I had ever heard (certainly not like anything they played on the radio). Take It Easy was a wonderful introduction to the band and their music, a welcome invitation to come and listen to what they had to offer, but TLHTM was what the band was all about, or so I thought.

To me, TLHTM is the most beautiful song the Eagles have ever recorded. For me, It is just as much a classic and iconic Eagles song as Take It Easy, and I always think of it that way. It always surprises me when it is not included on their various compilations and best of collections, and it never occurred to me that it wasn't loved by everyone.

The sound and feel of the song is just magical, in a very laidback way. One of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard (and Bernie's best vocal performance - his voice is perfect for the song), and then when the sweet harmony vocals come in, you think it can't get any better, and then it does as it reaches a whole 'nother level for the bridge. The quiet, gentle 'peaceful easy feeling' of this song surpasses that other one named that. And yet the serene beauty of the song belies the emotional turmoil of some of the lyrics, in a way that enhances the song even more.

Anyway, as you can see, this is a very special song to me. I would put it not only among the best of the album, but one of the top 5 songs in the entire Eagles songbook, and that is saying a lot. TLHTM and TIE are the two standouts from this album, but of course that is only my opinion, one that is obviously not shared by the majority.