PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Browne

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Prettymaid
06-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Springsteen always makes me think of Eva... I miss her!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/JacksonBruce_zps2de698c3.jpg

Okay, does anybody know enough French to tell me what the caption is? I'm dying to know!

SallyGee
06-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Troub thanks so much for the pics. I see him on July 6. When some of you will be seeing the boys.
Zelda I can't wait to hear what you think of him. I think you will love him.

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Ooh Zelda, I keep forgetting! Gosh next week Jackson, the following week the Eagles...who in the :censored: do you think you are!!??!! :hilarious:

I am a rock goddess!!!...lol:lol::lol:

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Troub thanks so much for the pics. I see him on July 6. When some of you will be seeing the boys.
Zelda I can't wait to hear what you think of him. I think you will love him.

glad you're getting to see him again SG since I know how much you love him...I have no doubt I will love him...I hope my friend still wants to go...she's the one whose sister died a week ago...I guess I understand if she doesn't feel like going...

RebeccaLovesEagles
06-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Have fun Zelda. I always love going to see him :)

Troubadour
06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Okay, does anybody know enough French to tell me what the caption is? I'm dying to know!

The closest I can get (through my rusty French and an online translator!) is: "Jackson Browne asks for tips from Bruce Springsteen behind the scenes at Main Point, Philadelphia in 1974." Not very exciting! ;)

The bit underneath is referring to a picture that was below in the magazine, and mentions Bruce's concert in the same year at Avery Hall, when the stage collapsed towards the end of the show. The caption says that the cashier (manager/financer?) featured in the image is trying to work out who should pay.

Troubadour
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Have fun, Zelda and SG! Jackson is amazing live in concert.

Prettymaid
06-24-2013, 09:26 PM
The closest I can get (through my rusty French and an online translator!) is: "Jackson Browne asks for tips from Bruce Springsteen behind the scenes at Main Point, Philadelphia in 1974." Not very exciting! ;)

The bit underneath is referring to a picture that was below in the magazine, and mentions Bruce's concert in the same year at Avery Hall, when the stage collapsed towards the end of the show. The caption says that the cashier (manager/financer?) featured in the image is trying to work out who should pay.

Thanks Troub! Jackson asks Bruce for tips, huh? Looks more like it should read, 'Bruce asks for a hit from Jackson Browne.' ;-)

zeldabjr
06-24-2013, 09:41 PM
I've been thinking about Louisville so much...I kind of forgot about JB...but now I'm getting psyched!!!

Prettymaid
06-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh, you're going to have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Throw Jackson a kiss for me, will you? :inlove:

Here's something to get you in the mood. Let's just say Troub and I have a soft spot for this video, and for the full video that it's part of. ;-)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3TZiyY9Sk

zeldabjr
06-25-2013, 12:46 AM
oh thanks PM for the video...I'm feelin' it now...and no problem...I'll blow him lots of kisses for you!!!! :grin:

WalshFan88
06-25-2013, 01:52 AM
Have fun Zelda!!

I love Jackson Browne's music - more so here lately. Lots of playing on The Pretender, Doctor My Eyes, Running On Empty, etc.

I really wish he'd get David Lindley back in the band. I'm not a huge acoustic folk instrument guy (although I love regular 6 and 12 string acoustic) but he'd be my first pick if I was to listen to someone play those.

That said, I do like Val McCallum (who recently I found out who he was) but Jackson and Lindley are kind of like Mick and Keith to me. Maybe not as much so, but it reminds me of that.

Troubadour
06-25-2013, 03:52 AM
Here's something to get you in the mood. Let's just say Troub and I have a soft spot for this video, and for the full video that it's part of. ;-)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3TZiyY9Sk

Oh, now you've gone and done it! Think I'm going to have to rewatch the whole thing at some point today... :inlove:

Prettymaid
06-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Oh, now you've gone and done it! Think I'm going to have to rewatch the whole thing at some point today... :inlove:

(I get her with that every time!) ;-)

Brooke
06-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Zelda, enjoy Jackson! He's wonderful! :inlove:

I would love to see him with David Lindley too. I wonder what's up with him not touring with him anymore?

Prettymaid
06-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I know I've said this before, but I wish he'd tour with his band. As much as I love him, I can hear his voice changing now that he's gotten older, and sometimes if he overuses his voice it doesn't sound as good. Some musicians and backup vocalists could help him with that.

SallyGee
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I saw him with David Lindley 2 years ago. Lindley played a bunch of really weird guitars. Sounded great though. Austin, you would have loved it. I have a CD that came out about that time with the two of them. It's called "Love Is Strange". It's a double CD.
And Zelda, blow him kisses from me too, and tell him I'll see him next week.

Prettymaid
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
He is one of my all time faves. Love him!! I have seen him in concert many times and he never disappoints. Back in the '70's a friend and I went to see him in Hartford. My friend's boyfriend worked for the concert promoter and even though he didn't work the show that night, a couple of the roadies recognized my friend and invited us back to Jackson's hotel room. Nothing too exciting happened, I played cards with the roadies and Jackson talked to my friend all night, still we were thrilled. Much tamer than what must have gone on at some of those "Third Encore" parties. :grin:

I don't care how tame it was - it was JACKSON BROWNE, for crying out loud! :inlove: What a story to be able to tell!

NYC Fan
06-28-2013, 06:34 AM
He is one of my all time faves. Love him!! I have seen him in concert many times and he never disappoints. Back in the '70's a friend and I went to see him in Hartford. My friend's boyfriend worked for the concert promoter and even though he didn't work the show that night, a couple of the roadies recognized my friend and invited us back to Jackson's hotel room. Nothing too exciting happened, I played cards with the roadies and Jackson talked to my friend all night, still we were thrilled. Much tamer than what must have gone on at some of those "Third Encore" parties. :grin:

Awesome story Springbo! Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how cool that was for you 8).

Troubadour
06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
How cool, Springbo!

TimothyBFan
06-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Very cool!!!!

Brooke
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM

OMG! How cool is that?! In a hotel room with Jackson Browne?! I'd have died and gone to heaven right then and there! :woah:

Thanks for sharing that!

Prettymaid
06-28-2013, 04:01 PM
And it was in the '70's! Jackson was in his prime! '65 he was 17... '69 he was 21...just do the math! :drool: :inlove:

Brooke
06-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep! :nod: :drool:

SallyGee
06-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Wow! I don't think I could have stopped myself from running my fingers through his hair. His hair was always so shiny! Then again I probably would have fainted so that would have stopped me.

Prettymaid
06-28-2013, 10:19 PM
A little JB in honor of Zelda's show tomorrow night. :inlove:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I11t5mj9FOk&feature=g-high-rec

cinnamongirl
06-29-2013, 11:38 PM
I love the song Jackson does with Timothy called Let it be Me. What a fabulous song! My favorite song by JB is I Thought I Was A Child. JB is a true poet.

Outlawman13
06-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Springbo, I love that post of yours and I would've loved to be around in the 70's. I would just die if I could be with him in his hotel room. Jackson Browne always looked so incredible and he still does. MMM!!
JB is certainly a poet!!! I have always loved his songs, but I need to listen to the one where he sings with Timothy!!! I have never heard that one before.
OHH and Brenda, have an amazing time at that concert!!! You will not regret it. He puts on a very rocking concert!!!! One of the best (in my opinion)

Prettymaid
06-30-2013, 08:03 AM
I love the song Jackson does with Timothy called Let it be Me. What a fabulous song! My favorite song by JB is I Thought I Was A Child. JB is a true poet.

I Thought I Was A Child is a beautiful song! I've never heard anybody say it was their fave. But that's the wonderful thing about music. Everybody takes away something different.

My favorite for the last couple years has been For Everyman, although I realize with as great a catalogue of songs as Jackson has, it could change at anytime. ;-)

RebeccaLovesEagles
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I Thought I Was A Child is a beautiful song! I've never heard anybody say it was their fave. But that's the wonderful thing about music. Everybody takes away something different.

My favorite for the last couple years has been For Everyman, although I realize with as great a catalogue of songs as Jackson has, it could change at anytime. ;-)

They are both wonderful songs. I'm currently addicted to Lawless Avenue:grooving:

Outlawman13
06-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Lawless Avenue is one of my favvies from Jackson Browne too!!!! My other one is Barricades of Heaven. They just make me want to dance so much!!!
Let It Be Me sounds so good. I'm listening to it right now and love Tim's voice!!! They sing together real well.

Troubadour
06-30-2013, 07:03 PM
JB songs that stand out as favourites for me are Sky Blue and Black (heartbreakingly beautiful - especially the live acoustic version), Something Fine, Late for the Sky and For a Dancer. Of course, I love all of them... but these are the ones that I play most.

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Remember I posted that Danny Kortchmar joined Jackson on stage in Tanglewood a couple of weeks ago? Well, here's (http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/07/concert_review_jackson_browne.html) a short review and a video of Running on Empty, featuring Danny, at the end. Love them!

Also, a picture of Jackson and James that was just posted on Jackson's FB page... Love how protective James looks of Jackson here! :lol:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q81/s720x720/1014143_10151545242127087_1984191511_n.jpg

Prettymaid
07-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Awww! Cute picture. Nice write-up on Jackson, too. I'm going to save the video for tomorrow.

When you think about how many years these guys have been friends, well, it just makes me feel good. There's a comradery that stays with these guys practically all their lives!

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 04:34 AM
I totally agree. I get warm fuzzies every time things like this happen.

TimothyBFan
07-16-2013, 08:35 AM
James kind of has the Jimmy Buffet look going there with the cap and polo shirt.

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 09:25 AM
He does! I want to know what the wristband is for, too. It looks like one of those rubber charity ones... I have a green one that looks exactly like that, for saving the environment (it says "tree hugger" on it!)

Prettymaid
07-30-2013, 09:17 AM
This is one of my favorite JB videos. He takes on Warren Zevon's Poor Pitiful Me. I like the way he changes it up from the way I'm used to hearing it, and he looks absolutely gorgeous in it.

You never do see Bonnie Raitt, though...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmlQUc9hQLI

SallyGee
07-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks for that PM. You know how I love Jackson! His hair is always so shiny! I just want to run my fingers through it.

Prettymaid
07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for that PM. You know how I love Jackson! His hair is always so shiny! I just want to run my fingers through it.

Yes! I love the way it moves when he turned his head. :inlove:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for posting this video. I love it .
Always was one of my fave warren zevon songs.

AEW21
07-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm rather obsessed with the footage (http://www.mojvideo.com/video-eagles-bright-baby-blues-1974-ft-jackson-browne/23a497dfcb32bdd956d0) from the Don Kirchner show where Jackson "Bright Baby Blues." (Love the country twang Felder's slide guitar adds to it.) In fact, it's made me obsessed with the song--played it on repeat a lot today. There's something about the way he sings the line "Pray to God for me, baby/that he lets me slide..."

sodascouts
07-31-2013, 12:04 AM
LOVE that, and the Eagles backing him.... perfection!

Prettymaid
07-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Oh, how I love that! The lyrics are so insightful. For me, the thing that would make it perfect would be some Eagle harmonies.

SallyGee
07-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Thaks for posting that AEW. I never saw that before. Is it just me or did Jackson's lips look extremely kissable in that video?

Prettymaid
07-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Thaks for posting that AEW. I never saw that before. Is it just me or did Jackson's lips look extremely kissable in that video?

:xoxo: .... :makeout:

AEW21
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm nothing if not tenacious in my obsessions, ;) so after finding that "Nightingale" clip on YT with Jackson singing lead, with Glenn, JD and Linda Ronstadt backup, I had to find if any other of his demos were anywhere...

...Well, of course they were--this is the Internet, home to everything! :hilarious: The song came from the Criterion Demos, recorded in April of 1970. (http://bbchron.blogspot.com/2009/05/jackson-browne-1970-criterion-demos.html) They weren't truly intended to be released, but rather, for the record company to give to artists who wanted to record Jackson's songs. They're rather stripped down, and gorgeously simple, though in a few songs, Glenn, JD and Laurel--Canyon-buddy, Ned Doheny, provide backing vocals and instruments. (As far as I can tell, Linda's only on "Nightingale.")

Little bit of audio hissing in background, but not bad in quality. Lordy, Jackson's voice is so swoony... Love this.
Track List:

Tracks:

01. Last Time I Was Home (2:57)

02. Jamaica Say You Will (3:45)

03. Song For Adam (5:18)

04. Doctor My Eyes (3:49)

05. Low Road (3:04)

06. Door Into The Morning (2:40)

07. Another Place (2:33)

08. The Birds Of St Marks (3:39)

09. Mae Jean Goes To Hollywood (2:56)

10. Gone To Sorrow (3:04)

11. Hot Like Today (2:49)

12. A Child In These Hills (3:45)

13. The Top (3:53)

14. My Opening Farewell (4:35)

15. The Times You've Come (3:26)

16. From The Silver Lake (4:39)

17. There Came A Question (3:23)

18. Rock Me On The Water (3:50)

19. Nightingale (4:06)

Like hearing JD, Glenn and Jackson harmonizing...

Prettymaid
08-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks AEW! I'll have to check these out later.

secret squirrel
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Jackson's For America is one of my top 8 protest songs:

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/opinion8-protest-songs.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Thought I'd continue Jackson's birthday celebration here in his own thread. Here are some hot photos of JB. :inlove:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/ricvphoto/South%20Padre%20Turtle%20Release/Artists%20and%20Concerts/jacksonbrowne.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ricvphoto/media/South%20Padre%20Turtle%20Release/Artists%20and%20Concerts/jacksonbrowne.jpg.html)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g144/hrstumpde/Soundtrack/2011%20Posts/2011%20August/Misc%20Pix/JacksonBrowneCover.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/hrstumpde/media/Soundtrack/2011%20Posts/2011%20August/Misc%20Pix/JacksonBrowneCover.jpg.html)

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Here's one of Troubadour and my favorite videos. Both Jackson and Danny Kortchmar look great here. I have to say, with any song, I almost always like the recorded studio version better than any other version, probably because I've heard the recorded version first. In the case of Knock On Any Door, I heard this version first, and I like it so much more than the recorded studio cut. But then, looking at JB in that beautiful blue shirt probably helps, too!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_I7rkX4pM

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 09:48 PM
The audio is horrible, but you can make out Jackson at a September 21, 2013 show in Winslow, AZ telling the story of how Take It Easy was written.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__B7pT45Cc0

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 10:25 PM
I'll end the evening with a video I made a couple of years ago. My brother had emailed me a link to a live bald eagle nest cam in Norfolk, VA and I was instantly hooked. Every day I would tune in to watch 3 baby eagles being fed by their parents in the nest. This pair had starred in their own reality show since 2007, but I didn't know about it until April, 2011. At the end of the month it was reported on the live discussion that went along with the live web cam that the female had been struck and killed by a plane at the neighboring airport, which unfortunately was a favorite hunting spot. Thousands of viewers, including me, stayed glued to the cam, wondering if the male would continue to feed the 3 hungry eaglets, and several hours later he flew into the nest with a fish. But experts decided that it would be extremely difficult for him to keep 3 fast-growing eaglets fed until they were ready to leave the nest around the end of May. So they removed the babies from the nest and took them to the west side of the state to the Wildlife Center of Virginia, where they were raised until their successful release at the end of summer.

This video is my tribute to that viewing season. I couldn't have found a better song to express my feelings than Jackson Browne's All Good Things.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4M6vHTl0E

NYC Fan
10-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks PM for all the great videos!

Happy Birthday Jackson! Can't believe he's 65 :-)

The Running on Empty tour at the New Haven Coliseum in the Summer of 1978 was the first rock concert I ever saw. I was 15 and had to really beg to be able to go. What a great show. And he's still putting on such wonderful concerts. Here's to many more happy birthdays!

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks PM for all the great videos!

Happy Birthday Jackson! Can't believe he's 65 :-)

The Running on Empty tour at the New Haven Coliseum in the Summer of 1978 was the first rock concert I ever saw. I was 15 and had to really beg to be able to go. What a great show. And he's still putting on such wonderful concerts. Here's to many more happy birthdays!

I envy you for getting to see JB on his ROE tour! Lucky Duck! Do you remember anything specific about it?

NYC Fan
10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I envy you for getting to see JB on his ROE tour! Lucky Duck! Do you remember anything specific about it?

PM:

I don't remember a lot of specific details in my old age :-) I do remember that Rosemary Butler and David Lindley were fantastic, as was the rest of the band. He sang a lot off the Running on Empty album, which I loved. The Load Out/Stay was getting a lot of airplay that Summer on our local FM station, so that got a huge reaction. And I loved The Pretender, so hearing that live was great. I was just so thrilled to be there and seeing Jackson, and we had floor seats, which I thought was just the coolest thing ever. I got a t-shirt with the cover of the first album on it.

Just like with the Eagles, I never dreamed I'd still be able to see them play live 35 years later. And he's still so great in concert.

Prettymaid
10-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for that. I would have loved seeing him back then. For me, when all of these guys can't perform anymore will truly be the day the music died. Thank goodness for records.

Brooke
10-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for that. I would have loved seeing him back then. For me, when all of these guys can't perform anymore will truly be the day the music died. Thank goodness for records.

I know Pm. I thought about that too. How awful will it be? There are so many of the artists that I love getting up there in years. :sad:

Brooke
11-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I knew this would happen! I forgot to post about my 1st anniversary of seeing the wonderful JB on Nov. 2! I thought about it last Friday and with the weekend I completely forgot. :doh:

Anyways, one year ago I finally got to see him in St. Louis at the Fabulous Fox Theatre and he was so, so fantastic! We had awesome seats, (and I got to meet Pm and Mr. Pm for the first time that night too!) I had thought that I might not enjoy his show, but Pm kept telling me here that I would love it and she was right! What a lovely, humble, funny, talented, beautiful man! :smitten:

If you ever get the chance, GO! He will not disappoint! Now I want to see him with his usual band which would include David Lindley.

Prettymaid
11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I knew this would happen! I forgot to post about my 1st anniversary of seeing the wonderful JB on Nov. 2! I thought about it last Friday and with the weekend I completely forgot. :doh:

Anyways, one year ago I finally got to see him in St. Louis at the Fabulous Fox Theatre and he was so, so fantastic! We had awesome seats, (and I got to meet Pm and Mr. Pm for the first time that night too!) I had thought that I might not enjoy his show, but Pm kept telling me here that I would love it and she was right! What a lovely, humble, funny, talented, beautiful man! :smitten:

If you ever get the chance, GO! He will not disappoint! Now I want to see him with his usual band which would include David Lindley.

I'm glad you remembered the date, Brooke, because I'm sure not good at that! I have some wonderful memories - I just don't keep track of when they happened! Lol!

It's no secret on this board that I fell hard for Jackson after seeing him the first time in 2009. As much as I enjoy his solo acoustic show and seeing him with Sara Watkins, I want to see him perform with his band again. For me, part of what I love about some of JB's songs are the arrangements on the original recordings. Sometimes there are parts of songs I like so much that I don't enjoy the song as much without them. Also, Jackson's vocals are starting to show some wear and tear, and I don't think that would be as noticeable with his band backing him.

sodascouts
11-06-2013, 10:56 PM
I saw Jackson's one-man show and it was terrific, but I'd really love to see him with his band as well.

deb828
01-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I would love to see JB with his band--or solo. Rediscovered him when I watched the Eagles documentary. Have missed his music! There are not many DVD's that I have found--bought Going Home, the Disney channel doc, which is great. Can anyone recommend any other? Now I have to update my JB music collection, as I did the Eagles-lol! So glad to hear this music again, as it takes me back to my 70's self (real or imagined, to paraphrase JD Souther).

Working my way through the 107 pages of this post, so forgive me if this post is redundant on the DVD subject....

SallyGee
01-18-2014, 03:33 PM
I have been a long time fan of Jackson and have seen him many times. I have seen him solo, with bands, with David Lindley, with Keb Mo, and he never disappoints. Not only is he a great performer, but such a wonderful human being. There is a DVD from his tour last year with Sara Watkins. It is called I'll Do Anything Jackson Browne Live in Concert.

deb828
01-18-2014, 04:57 PM
I have been a long time fan of Jackson and have seen him many times. I have seen him solo, with bands, with David Lindley, with Keb Mo, and he never disappoints. Not only is he a great performer, but such a wonderful human being. There is a DVD from his tour last year with Sara Watkins. It is called I'll Do Anything Jackson Browne Live in Concert.
Thanks!! How is that DVD? It looks interesting.

Still searching for old ones--am concluding he did not release many, which seems like a common thread for the 70's--there are some bootleg ones. I never saw him back in the day, and would like to see more old footage.

SallyGee
01-18-2014, 07:30 PM
I really like it, but I admit I might be biased. I saw him on this tour. It's always nice to have a film from a tour you saw. Brings back great memories. There was a film made from the No Nukes concerts in 1979. I think it was on video. I don't think it was ever released on DVD, but I could be wrong. I was there too. I told you I was a long time fan. There may be something from No Nukes on You Tube.

deb828
01-18-2014, 07:42 PM
I really like it, but I admit I might be biased. I saw him on this tour. It's always nice to have a film from a tour you saw. Brings back great memories. There was a film made from the No Nukes concerts in 1979. I think it was on video. I don't think it was ever released on DVD, but I could be wrong. I was there too. I told you I was a long time fan. There may be something from No Nukes on You Tube.
Very cool for you! Will look on YouTube for the NoNukes. It is $350 on DVD on Amazon--lol!

carol7lynn
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Jackson is teaming up with a couple of his old Fullerton High-School-musician-buddies from back in the day when they "would all get in the van and play" to put on a benefit concert February 27th in a small 1,200 seat theater in La Mirada, CA.

Proceeds go to the Fullerton Fox Theater Restoration Project and the Steve Noonan Medical Fund (one of his buddies who has prostate cancer). Here is the full story linkage: http://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/2014-1-28-jackson-browne-Fox-Theatre-and-Steve-Noonan-Medical-Fund-benefit/

Buy tickets here: http://www.lamiradatheatre.com/jacksonbrowne/

I landed front row center. FYI there are still a couple of front row seats still available.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn
:computer:

Houston Baby
02-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Awesome C-L! Perfect seat! Wish I could go!

Brooke
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Same here! Thanks CL!

Houston Baby
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM
For those interested, the JB tribute cd Looking into You has dropped in price on Amazon to $15.99. It will be released April 1st.

Thirsty&Hot
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
some pics I shot from the Troubadours doc

he was so adorable
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/82592ACA-E266-4D7C-9B0F-902A0BF21B97_zpsyloidz3o.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/82592ACA-E266-4D7C-9B0F-902A0BF21B97_zpsyloidz3o.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/062FCEE7-DE5D-4A62-AD76-682BF03C0ED3_zps9oqcse6q.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/062FCEE7-DE5D-4A62-AD76-682BF03C0ED3_zps9oqcse6q.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/558763DF-E843-440C-8930-E4C16332BDB7_zpsoqemyqim.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/558763DF-E843-440C-8930-E4C16332BDB7_zpsoqemyqim.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/A2900587-B84C-453C-9D8B-A038D5BB1AB8_zpslgaakdtp.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/A2900587-B84C-453C-9D8B-A038D5BB1AB8_zpslgaakdtp.jpg.html)

Brooke
02-28-2014, 01:00 PM
He sure was, T&H! :drool: :smitten:

Great pics, too! Thanks!

carol7lynn
02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Last night we witnessed history in the making, when two of Jackson Browne's Sunny Hills High School musician buddies, Steve Noonan and Greg Copeland, joined him on stage at the La Mirada Theater here in rain drenched SoCal.

We learned quite a lot last night about Jackson's early pre-fame Orange county years, but more importantly, we learned that Jackson (also known as Jackie according to Noonan) whose mother came to La Mirada to shop at Orbachs, is a generous and true-blue-friend, to have in your corner.

Jackson essentially gave the entire concert over to Noonan and Copeland and only played a handful of his own hits, including a re-vamped rendition of "Running on Empty" that featured new lyrics, none of which I understood, despite standing less than ten feet away from him at the time. It is my educated guess that he updated the song to reflect his deeply personal response to, as Jackson put it himself in "Barricades of Heaven"

"Childhood comes for me at night
Voices of my friends
Your face bathing me in light
Hope that never ends..."

I also learned that I had been totally wrong about what he meant by the line "Life became the Paradox, the Bear, the Rouge et Noir" from that very same song-my all time Jackson Browne favorite :applause:- a song he said was about and for all singer-song-writers; a fact not lost on this singer songwriter who came of age in the sixties too and who is still, just "trying to hear my own song."

Turns out the Paradox was a club where he and his buddies used to play "on that stretch of road running to LA." Jackson even gave a shout out to one of the club's original owners who, along with Russ Kunkle (who sat right beside me-well three seats over I can not lie) and quite a few other pre-fame friends and supporters some famous some not, were part of the sold out crowd.

Bravo Jackson for not forgetting your friends and allowing your fans, new and old, to also "bath in the light.. hope that never ends." Memories were made last night and those moments will not be forgotten.

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
02-28-2014, 05:08 PM
CL, sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing that!

sodascouts
03-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Sounds like it was great! Thanks for the review!

Houston Baby
03-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Thank you CL for the wonderful review! I love JB! I enjoyed your observations & these little tidbits of info. Jackson seems to be a genuine humble very caring man. :heart:

carol7lynn
03-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Jackson seems to be a genuine humble very caring man. :heart:

Exactly totally dispelling the rumors that ran rampant after his split from Daryl Hannah. Never believed them then and certainly don't now. I've always believed she played the damsel in distress to hook John John Kennedy. In the end she lost both of them.

Took lots of pixs and will eventually post them to Photobucket. Finally got a new digital camera for xmas but the only thing is the video clips are short-have no idea why. I'll have to actually read the manual I guess. But you will be able to see at least a few minutes of the touching interaction between "Jackie" and his two buddies.

Another tid-bit from the banter that flowed back and forth between Jackson and Steve Noonan. Jackson was a couple years younger than the other two.

So glad "The Deluge," which is still upon us, is didn't start until early Friday morning. Freeway driving here in SoCal is no picnic when the roads are dry and when they are wet-even prayer won't necessarily protect you.

Carol-Lynn

SallyGee
03-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you had after time CL. And so close! He seems like such a nice guy. Love him.

Brooke
03-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Exactly totally dispelling the rumors that ran rampant after his split from Daryl Hannah. Never believed them then and certainly don't now. I've always believed she played the damsel in distress to hook John John Kennedy. In the end she lost both of them.

Good to hear, cl. I've always wondered about that and found it hard to believe.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-08-2014, 06:11 PM
I get updATES from the guacamole fund

they have special event tickets (MORE money but it goes to charity) or sometimes pre or post concert meet and greets. what you pay above ticket price is tax deductible.
Anyway tickets go on sale through them at 1000am tomorrow .
They have the whole schedule posted there.:headbang:

Freypower
04-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Perhaps Soda could merge this with the existing Jackson Browne thread.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324

WalshFan88
04-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Hoping to get tickets for Peoria, but we'll see.. It'd be cool for me to see him live! Love his music.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2014, 07:20 PM
yep Austin , he is on my bucket list to see.
When I was much younger I had great tickets to see him but my cousin wanted to go so I gave them to her so she could go instead.Glad I made her happy but now hes on my bucket list .lol
did you check out the guacamole fund webite .
Its kinda a cool company ..bonnie raitt , csn and JB use them for their presales ....

let me know if you get tickets .:headbang:

WalshFan88
04-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Just got 3rd row orchestra pit tickets in Peoria! \m/

I love his music and it will be nice to go to a relaxed show for a change (that said, I love my rock n' roll but it is nice for a change to be in a theater setting).

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2014, 07:58 PM
way to go Austin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once, Eric Clapton did a blues show ..all tickets were 500.oo.
He came to the Borgata to do a highroller show invitation only on sat nite then did the blues show on sunday night that I got 4th row tickets for.
Some people thought that it was a disappointment casue it was mostly blues songs but I did not care. It was a pleasure to just be there and expierence it.
SO this will be the same thing. Just a little different but so unique
So happy for you dude and I cant wait to read your review:headbang:

Prettymaid
04-09-2014, 10:39 PM

I love his music and it will be nice to go to a relaxed show for a change (that said, I love my rock n' roll but it is nice for a change to be in a theater setting).

Hey Bud, I'll be right there with you!

Looking forward to this show and to finally meeting you!

Prettymaid
04-09-2014, 11:21 PM
I have to admit, after getting Looking Into You, A Tribute to Jackson Browne I was afraid to listen to it! I love Jackson so much I guess I was worried that nothing could compare. But, although I've only listened to the first few tracks, I am very impressed with it so far. It's fun to listen to the different renditions of his songs. Today I heard For Everyman, my favorite JB song and I thought it was wonderful! I look forward to hearing the rest of it.

Has anybody else heard the cd yet? Any thoughts?

prayfordaylight
04-10-2014, 08:34 AM
My dad invited me to go with him to the Easton, PA show but it's literally the one weekend in August I don't have any plans (I'm going to be out of town literally every other weekend that month). I told him to go on his own and have a great time. Hope the rest of you do too!

Brooke
04-10-2014, 10:22 AM

Woo hoo, Austin! I'm sure you will love it! Fabulous seats!

You too, Pm!

If I went it would be to St. Louis, but the dates are really bad for me and I want to see him with his full band....I see he will have it at a couple shows out east, but this is solo acoustic. Darn!

I wonder if Sarah Watkins will be along this time? I enjoyed her.

WalshFan88
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Hey Bud, I'll be right there with you!

Looking forward to this show and to finally meeting you!

Yes, likewise! It will be great to meet you! :)

Looking forward to the show. I think I'll play "Running On Empty" (The LP) tomorrow night (which is my "Vinyl Night" although I do spin records on other days, but Friday is more of a celebration, lol!) in celebration. Should be great. I really hope to hear Doctor My Eyes. I love that song - my favorite piano riff!

Prettymaid
04-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes, likewise! It will be great to meet you! :)

Looking forward to the show. I think I'll play "Running On Empty" (The LP) tomorrow night (which is my "Vinyl Night" although I do spin records on other days, but Friday is more of a celebration, lol!) in celebration. Should be great. I really hope to hear Doctor My Eyes. I love that song - my favorite piano riff!

You can request songs at Jackson Browne shows. You would think he would always play it since it was a big hit, but that's not always the case.

Do you have any other albums or CDs of his?

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
I have to admit, after getting Looking Into You, A Tribute to Jackson Browne I was afraid to listen to it! I love Jackson so much I guess I was worried that nothing could compare. But, although I've only listened to the first few tracks, I am very impressed with it so far. It's fun to listen to the different renditions of his songs. Today I heard For Everyman, my favorite JB song and I thought it wasonderful! I look forward to hearing the rest of it.

Has anybody else heard the cd yet? Any thoughts?

Bought the bonnie raitt contribution and the Don Henley one
Love bonnie and watched the video of her making it about 5 times.

Also heard part of the indigo girls conributuion

Happy with all I have heard so far. :headbang:

I think you should have gone with your dad, prayfor day light
it wouldhave been nice.
Once we wanted to take our son to see John foggerty with us who said ,Naah Mom , he'll do all no stuff, Not he covered everything.!!!! My kid was so mad at himself. lol

WalshFan88
04-10-2014, 07:09 PM
You can request songs at Jackson Browne shows. You would think he would always play it since it was a big hit, but that's not always the case.

Do you have any other albums or CDs of his?

No, but I hope to get some soon. I really want the first album on vinyl but haven't found it yet.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Austin
try shady dog records and tapes in Berwyn pa.
the guys are friends of my son and they are really good ,,maybe they can help

Prettymaid
04-10-2014, 08:26 PM
A fan favorite is the album Late For the Sky, but my fave is the album For Everyman, but really almost all of them are good. I'm not a fan of Lawyers In Love or any of the 80's albums, and although I like the song Time the Conqueror, I don't like everything on that album.

I would highly recommend the DVD Going Home. That's the DVD in which he talks about how he got the idea for the piano part in Doctor My Eyes. He talks about other songs and performs a lot of songs. Some songs are shown being performed back in the 70's and in the present both. I love that DVD.

Prettymaid
04-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Woo hoo, Austin! I'm sure you will love it! Fabulous seats!

You too, Pm!

If I went it would be to St. Louis, but the dates are really bad for me and I want to see him with his full band....I see he will have it at a couple shows out east, but this is solo acoustic. Darn!

I wonder if Sarah Watkins will be along this time? I enjoyed her.

Brooke, I'd rather see him with his band too, but we were able to get Row B, seats 27 and 28 for $68 apiece using the presale on Jackson's website. That's the ONLY reason I'm seeing his solo acoustic show again.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow great price for tickets

prayfordaylight
04-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I think you should have gone with your dad, prayfor day light
it wouldhave been nice.

It would be nice but it's a 3+ hour drive for me when I have no other weekend days at home that month. It's okay though - I'm taking him to see The Eagles in September :D

Brooke
04-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Pm, awesome seats and price!

Austin, he didn't play Doctor My Eyes at my show, but hopefully he will for yours. I was surprised he didn't with it being such a big song for him.

Prettymaid
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Brooke and I weren't at the kind of show you can request at, although I think some people were still calling them out. Lol!

WalshFan88
04-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Color me pissed off.

Just got my tickets for the concert and they are WRONG!!! I ordered Orchestra Pit row C and I got Row M Main Floor!!!!!!!! And they said that I ordered them wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. Needless to say, I won't be ordering through that broker anymore.... :(

Oh well, should still be a good show.

Houston Baby
04-17-2014, 06:44 PM
I am so sorry Austin. But as you said, it will still be a great show.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-17-2014, 06:48 PM
sorry for the mix up
its still gonna be a good show
r u sure there isn't anything they can do for you?

Prettymaid
04-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Color me pissed off.

Just got my tickets for the concert and they are WRONG!!! I ordered Orchestra Pit row C and I got Row M Main Floor!!!!!!!! And they said that I ordered them wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. Needless to say, I won't be ordering through that broker anymore.... :(

Oh well, should still be a good show.

What???!!! They said you didn't know what you're talking about? Well, that's rude. And how do you order them wrong? Isn't it right there in black and white? Didn't you get a confirmation email?

I feel horrible for you, Austin. Yes, it's still going to be a good show, but I wanted you to see it up close.

WalshFan88
04-17-2014, 07:54 PM
What???!!! They said you didn't know what you're talking about? Well, that's rude. And how do you order them wrong? Isn't it right there in black and white? Didn't you get a confirmation email?

I feel horrible for you, Austin. Yes, it's still going to be a good show, but I wanted you to see it up close.

Yes. They said there are two orchestra sections and that I needed to choose wisely next time! What nerve. They said NO refunds, no discount, and no changing tickets... And I don't have the money to buy another set of tickets with no one to sell these to.

Houston Baby
04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Well, that's great customer service - NOT!

WalshFan88
04-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Well, that's great customer service - NOT!

I know! And of course I ordered the right tickets - and they were the most expensive being in the orchestra pit!! Row M tickets are cheaper than orchestra tickets and so I'm stuck basically.

sodascouts
04-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Don't give up, Austin. If you were charged for more expensive tickets, then they are legally obliged to either provide them or refund you the difference. Tell them you will dispute the charges if they don't work with you.

Houston Baby
04-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Soda's right Austin. If they charged you for more expensive tickets then they owe you a refund of the difference. Besides contacting them again, you should contact your credit card company and let them know that you are disputing the charge. That is if you used a credit card. Don't let them bully you. Good luck!

WalshFan88
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah that's what I'll have to do. Contacted them again and they aren't willing to help at all.... The confirmation email even said the right damn seats!!! :scowl:

Prettymaid
04-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah that's what I'll have to do. Contacted them again and they aren't willing to help at all.... The confirmation email even said the right damn seats!!! :scowl:

Whoa!!!!!!! This is a bunch of :censored:!!! How can they confirm your purchase with the pit row C seats, then say they were for row M seats???!!!

WalshFan88
04-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Whoa!!!!!!! This is a bunch of :censored:!!! How can they confirm your purchase with the pit row C seats, then say they were for row M seats???!!!

Tell me about it!!!

What's bad is that we have always used them before for everything in the past with no trouble.

I got my Fleetwood Mac tix from someplace new this time and took a chance and had no trouble. Go figure!

Witchy Woman
04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
I would definitely report them to the BBB, and contact the authorities in their area. If you have proof that you paid for certain seats and received lesser priced seats that's fraud. You may not get immediate satisfaction, but no legitimate business would act in that manner, nor would they treat a customer that way. I'm sure you're not the first person they've done this to.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
If your confirmation email has the right seats and they gave you others that's bait and switch and its illegal.
Call your cc company and tell them you dispute the charges.
ask for the manager not the worker bees and talk to them again cause the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
be a bee in their bonnet and a thorn in their side dude
it just sucks

WalshFan88
04-18-2014, 10:51 PM
I have reported them to the BBB and am going to call the CC company next week (Monday) if they don't call and try to make better.

Incredibly frustrating!!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Keep us posted austin pleade

prayfordaylight
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
That's horrible Austin. I really hope it gets resolved in your favor.

I heard other venues are having issues for this tour. The theater my dad's going to had an issue with a broker selling tickets before they even went on sale to members and at like 4x the price. The theater sent out several notifications saying DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. The actual tickets went onsale today and my dad's sitting 2nd row center. So jealous.

Prettymaid
04-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm glad your dad was able to get good seats, PFD. Don't even get me started on brokers. Even though I use them, I wish that whole thing was regulated more.

WalshFan88
04-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Well I did get refunded the difference FINALLY after talking to them again and threatening to have the charges removed off of our card....

But still stuck in the same seats. But at least I have only put the money that they are worth into them rather than paying for primo seats and getting stuck in the back.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Kudos to you for your perseverance, Austin! Hopefully, you'll have a great time at the show in despite this fiasco.

Prettymaid
04-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Well I did get refunded the difference FINALLY after talking to them again and threatening to have the charges removed off of our card....

But still stuck in the same seats. But at least I have only put the money that they are worth into them rather than paying for primo seats and getting stuck in the back.

I hope you still enjoy it. Given this new development we should probably meet in the lobby before the show.

WalshFan88
04-26-2014, 11:36 PM
I hope you still enjoy it. Given this new development we should probably meet in the lobby before the show.

Sounds good! I'll PM you my cell number before the show in case you can't find me but knowing me I'll stick out like a sore thumb. :D

Prettymaid
04-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Sounds good! I'll PM you my cell number before the show in case you can't find me but knowing me I'll stick out like a sore thumb. :D

That's not true! But yes, I'll probably be able to see you in the crowd. ;)

sodascouts
06-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Jackson is releasing a 40th anniversary remastering of Late for the Sky:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKM5OQU/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

WalshFan88
06-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Just got a first pressing with the textured cover of "Saturate Before Using"/self titled album (first album).

I bought it because of one song, lol - Doctor My Eyes which is STILL my favorite JB song hands down. That piano riff is my favorite. I'll be very sad if I don't hear it next month. But I'll live. ;)

Brooke
06-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Jackson is releasing a 40th anniversary remastering of Late for the Sky:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IKM5OQU/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

So, what does this 'remastering' do to these albums? Probably a dumb question, but need to know!

sodascouts
06-20-2014, 10:51 PM
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster), it's supposed to mean "quality enhancement of sound." I guess maybe the sound is sharper? Easier to hear vocal parts and instruments?

Freypower
06-20-2014, 11:24 PM
We have a few albums which have been remastered onto Blu Ray (including Hotel California, which is a Super Audio CD). Depending on how good a job is done with remastering the original recordings, they can be a real eye-opener. For example I recently got the remastered Blu Ray of Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road & the sound is extraordinary I have been listening to that album for 40 years & I heard stuff I had never heard before. But in my view if it's a basically acoustic album like this album presumably is, it probably won't sound all that much better. You need a wide variety of instruments & song styles, which you don't get on a Jackson Browne album. Little Criminals by Randy Newman which we have isn't a vast improvement on the original. Brothers In Arms IS, when you turn up the volume. You really need to have a 7.1 surround sound system to get the best out of these remastered albums.

Brooke
06-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Ah ha! Thanks for the info!

SallyGee
06-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Just got a first pressing with the textured cover of "Saturate Before Using"/self titled album (first album).

I bought it because of one song, lol - Doctor My Eyes which is STILL my favorite JB song hands down. That piano riff is my favorite. I'll be very sad if I don't hear it next month. But I'll live. ;)

Not sure if you know that the piano riff came about because the piano he was using had a broken key! I'm going to see him in August.

UndertheWire
07-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Here's a nice Q&A with Jackson (http://www.omaha.com/go/our-q-a-with-jackson-browne/article_1be12ec2-0fb9-5b6c-9ddd-2943ef205808.html) about his accoustic show. Lucky people who get to go to one of these!

This made me laugh:

Q. Have your songs ever changed over the years?

A. That happens quite naturally. You sing them with a different lineup of musicians just to do it. Or some of these songs end up getting played differently.

There’s “Take It Easy.” I’ve sang it a bunch of times with an acoustic guitar, but my phrasing is a little different than Glenn Frey’s (who sang lead vocals in The Eagles’ version). I can hear it when the audience sings it. They’re singing Glenn’s (laughs). It’s like doing a duet with Glenn Frey every night.

Houston Baby
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Too funny! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-04-2014, 12:17 AM

We'll just have to make it happen. ;)

secret squirrel
07-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Having been to the latest shows where they show the photoshoot for the Desperado cover, I'm stunned by how cute Jackson Browne was. Not suggesting that he isn't still. Tried to get a pic of him from the projection but didn't manage it. Anyone think he looks like Jonathan Jackson (Avery Barkley in Nashville)?

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/helmut-berger-as-konrad-in-viscontis.html

Prettymaid
07-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Having been to the latest shows where they show the photoshoot for the Desperado cover, I'm stunned by how cute Jackson Browne was. Not suggesting that he isn't still. Tried to get a pic of him from the projection but didn't manage it. Anyone think he looks like Jonathan Jackson (Avery Barkley in Nashville)?

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/helmut-berger-as-konrad-in-viscontis.html

I don't know who Jonathan Jackson is so I looked him up.

http://abc.go.com/shows/nashville/cast/avery-barkley-character-bio

He's cute! Can't say I see the resemblance, but I do agree with you that JB was very cute back then. I didn't like the mustache on him, though.

I think Jackson has kept his good looks into his 60's, although his eyes are more deep-set now, and his eyebrows could use a trim! And I sometimes wonder how many older male performers have hair plugs. Not saying Jackson does. Just curious.

Brooke
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Very good looking guy there, but I really can't say he would remind me of JB!

Pm, I agree JB has stayed very good looking and I didn't care for the mustache either. Hair plugs, nooooooooooooooo! Surely not! :lol:

UndertheWire
07-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Jack Tempchin posted this on his facebook page recently. I think the background is some people think Jackson wrote Peaceful Easy Feeling, so he decided to sing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3TMQPt77w

Prettymaid
07-08-2014, 01:46 PM
On our way to Peoria now! Jackson Browne tonight!

Houston Baby
07-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Have fun PM!!! :partytime:

Brooke
07-08-2014, 02:04 PM
He's so cute!

Pm, have fun! Blow Jackson a kiss for me!

Prettymaid
07-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Will do!

sodascouts
07-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it!

07-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Hope you had a great time at the show, PM. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Prettymaid
07-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I think this was our fifth Jackson Browne show. Some of you might remember how excited I was back in 2009 when I got to see him for the first time. Honestly, we were not planning on attending another solo acoustic show, but when you can get 2nd row tickets for one of your favorite artists for $68, you go.

I did not keep track of the set list last night, and so far no one has put one up. Neither has anyone posted any videos, photos or reviews. So I can't share much, but here goes.

Jackson walked onstage wearing black pants and a gray button-down shirt. It's funny, because during dinner before the show I said to Hubby, "I hope he doesn't wear his gray shirt again." Jackson and Don Henley must take advice from the same fashion consultants. Lol! But he looks good in it. I'm always surprised when he first comes out how small-framed he is.

He began with I'll Do Anything and then Looking Into You.

Something different that he's doing this tour is he's not sitting down while playing guitar. He stands at a mic and I like that better. I can understand the informality of sitting in a chair playing for an audience, but it was refreshing to see it done this way for a change.

After the second song or so Jackson told us that in case we didn't know, he doesn't use a set list and just plays whatever he feels like playing. He then asked us if we ever look up the set lists before a show. He's on to us! But he said in his case it wouldn't do any good. He's right, too! None of his shows are ever the same, and I like that.

After about the fourth song, Jackson calmly announced that he was alarmed that his voice was not cooperating. Granted, his voice wanes occasionally, but I thought he sounded pretty good last night. And after that he did seem to sound stronger. He spoke to us often, as usual, but last night I noticed that he didn't seem to carry a thought all the way through very well. At one point he seemed to be alluding to the bad times our country is going through and that he has considered taking mind-altering drugs as a way of sticking his head in the sand (he was joking), but then he went right into how when he is sick during a show that he considers taking cold medicine but then doesn't for fear of what he'll find out that he said the next day!

During a touching moment for us, Jackson sang For A Dancer. We had this song played at Hubby's brother Chuck's funeral last November, and it now holds a special place in our heart.

At one point he started the first verse of Sky Blue and Black, then suddenly stopped and said he didn't think he would do that one. He then admitted that he had forgotten a word, and that he was afraid he wouldn't be able to get past that point in the song. But then he said, "If you really want to hear it, I'll play it for you." Of course the audience cheered him on.

As usual, there were requests. I had told Hubby that I probably wouldn't call out anything this time, but when I'm there in the excitement I can't help myself! I called out several songs - all of which he ignored for someone else's...until towards the end of the night...I spontaneously called out for Take It Easy. He immediately stopped in mid step, as he does when he hears something that changes his mind, and went for one guitar out of his arsenal. He introduced it by saying that he wrote it with Glenn Frey, and everybody cheered!

It's hard to 'rock out' at a JB solo acoustic show, but as an audience, I thought we showed Jackson a lot of love. At one point he said that there's nothing better than to go to a town, do a show and have your songs called out to you. At the end he thanked us for being a wonderful audience and making him feel welcome.

Austin was at this show too, and we were able to meet up afterwards in the lobby. It was so nice to finally meet him. He's just as nice as he is here.

That's it! Another great show from Jackson Browne! I did read on his website today that he is doing two shows in August - one in NJ and one in NY - with a band. I'm jealous of anybody who gets to go to those!

WalshFan88
07-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Just a mini review while I have a few moments before heading out to dinner!

I got to the venue at 6:30, I went to concessions to get a drink and then headed to my seat as my back was breaking from the walk from the drop off to the theater.

He came onstage and everyone cheered. He played for a good long while and took requests and then took a 30 minute intermission and break and then came back out and played for a long while longer.

For being a rocker, I surprisingly liked this show as much as I did. I had no idea how great of a guitarist he was, I always knew he was a great singer but man he can really play - especially easy to see without a backing band.

I got to hear Doctor My Eyes which was my highlight. I looooooooooove that song... Also hearing Take It Easy was very cool. I wish I could have played lead for him on that song. :hilarious:

After the show I got to meet PM - who was very nice! It was so great getting to meet after being on here for so long - especially since we live so close! We were going to meet a couple years ago at Ribfest at the Joe show but my health just didn't cooperate.

Thanks PM for the kind words - you're too kind! :)

It was a great show and a much needed fun time!

sodascouts
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Glad to hear you both enjoyed yourselves! It sounds like he was in a quirky mood, but in typical Jackson style, was still able to give you your money's worth. ;) I know I loved the acoustic show I saw at the Orpheum a few years ago - I wish he'd tour with a band, but I guess that involves a lot more overhead.

WalshFan88
07-09-2014, 07:09 PM
I forgot to mention that during Doctor My Eyes, some unknown guy came out and played electric lead using one of Jackson's guitars. He said his name but I couldn't hear it and PM couldn't either. That was the only time someone was on the stage with Jackson. I told PM at the show it was probably his guitar tech, who I saw putzing with the guitars before the show. Most of the time guitar techs can play guitar and can certainly play for one song. Some bands even have techs that can fill in for the guitarist if he's sick. It wouldn't make sense for Jackson to bring a guy along to play a short solo during ONE song of the night.

Houston Baby
07-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the great reviews! Sounds like it was a fun night with lots of wonderful music! :thumbsup:
I love JB!

SallyGee
07-09-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm seeing him in August. He's on the bill with John Fogerty, so I'm afraid he'll play a shorter set. But I love Jackson so I'll take what I can get.

Prettymaid
07-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm seeing him in August. He's on the bill with John Fogerty, so I'm afraid he'll play a shorter set. But I love Jackson so I'll take what I can get.

That's the show I mentioned that I envy anyone who gets to go, because he's going to play with a band! But you're right SG - it will probably be a shortened set.

Prettymaid
07-09-2014, 09:32 PM
I forgot to mention that during Doctor My Eyes, some unknown guy came out and played electric lead using one of Jackson's guitars. He said his name but I couldn't hear it and PM couldn't either. That was the only time someone was on the stage with Jackson. I told PM at the show it was probably his guitar tech, who I saw putzing with the guitars before the show. Most of the time guitar techs can play guitar and can certainly play for one song. Some bands even have techs that can fill in for the guitarist if he's sick. It wouldn't make sense for Jackson to bring a guy along to play a short solo during ONE song of the night.

Whoever that guy was, he seemed really excited to be playing with Jackson. He brought a lot of energy to the stage!

Jackson is known for helping new talent, and he's not afraid to share the stage with them.

On his 2008 album, Time the Conqueror, and on subsequent tours, he used two backup singers who he met in 2001 at a South Los Angeles high school. In 2012 and 2013 he toured with Sara Watkins and her band; hardly someone you would consider well known. He even released a concert DVD titled I'll Do Anything with Sara and her band backing him. And I love that Jackson supports and is involved with keeping music education in public schools.

Prettymaid
07-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Apparently this is old news, but I just read that JB is releasing a new album this fall!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackson-browne-readies-new-album-698687

WalshFan88
07-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Doctor My Eyes from last night's show (not my video but found on YT!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9s05u_H7UA

Prettymaid
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks Austin!

I caught the guy's name and confirmed it with the name in this interview! It is JB's guitar tech - a guy by the name of Manny Alvarez!

http://www.fretboardjournal.com/features/online/interview-guitarist-mark-goldenberg

Brooke
07-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Pm and WF, thanks for your reviews! Sounds like it was a great evening for you! And Austin got to hear his song too! And got a video of it! :yay:

Pm, such cheap tickets and such great seats? Awesome!

Prettymaid
07-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Pm and WF, thanks for your reviews! Sounds like it was a great evening for you! And Austin got to hear his song too! And got a video of it! :yay:

Pm, such cheap tickets and such great seats? Awesome!

Brooke, I got 'em on Jackson's website's presale - a little trick you taught me several years ago!

WalshFan88
07-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks Austin!

I caught the guy's name and confirmed it with the name in this interview! It is JB's guitar tech - a guy by the name of Manny Alvarez!

http://www.fretboardjournal.com/features/online/interview-guitarist-mark-goldenberg

Thank you!! I thought the guy looked like the guy testing out guitars when we first got into our seats. Pretty cool to have your guitar tech play on that one song... A lot of guitar techs for big names are also good players. I will have to do some reading on him to see if he has any stuff of his own out there.

WalshFan88
07-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Here's TIE from the Peoria show too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUa6kkV_0II

Prettymaid
07-10-2014, 10:53 PM
My request! I wish they would have recorded the end, though. :eyebrow:

deb828
07-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Jackson is not coming anywhere near me, but I would so love:heart: to see him. Enjoyed hearing about your experiences.

sodascouts
07-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Aw - the videos are gone! :(

WalshFan88
07-13-2014, 10:06 PM
They're still on YouTube. YouTube has been having major issues this week with all browsers. I've had a lot of issues getting videos to play, having to refresh multiple times to get them to load. The embedded player is dead right now.

Prettymaid
07-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Aw - the videos are gone! :(

Speaking of videos, it seems that all I see is a big blank box that says YouTube at the top. If I tap on it I get audio, but not video. I usually have to go find the videos on YouTube and watch them there. This has been the case since I got my iPad.

That's not just this thread. It's all of them. :(

Sorry - I should have posted this in the appropriate thread.

Brooke
07-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Jackson just announced a fall tour with a full band! And a new album!

http://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/2014-7-15-jackson-browne-fall-tour-new-album/

Not near me though. :sad:

deb828
07-15-2014, 08:16 PM
SO exciting!! He is coming near me--hope I can get tickets in the am!

P.S. Got 'em!! Row H on the floor. And a new album--really looking forward to hearing that!

Houston Baby
07-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Nothing by me! :brickwall:

sodascouts
07-15-2014, 10:09 PM
It's times like these when I REALLY miss living in the midwest near Chicago!!!

At least I can get his new album, though! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LSWU1A8/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

MaryCalifornia
07-16-2014, 04:13 AM
No love for California on his tour :(.

See that, Eagles, NEW ALBUM FROM JACKSON!!

Edit: Aaack, I'm a bad reader - one show in Santa Monica in the middle of all of those DC and PA shows, Hmmmm....

Prettymaid
07-18-2014, 08:00 AM
We're going to see Jackson Browne again!!! This time with a band, promoting his new album!

We got row A center stage tickets for October 18 in Indianapolis. I think there are two rows of pit seats in front of row A, so technically we'll be three rows back.

The cool thing is that I work for Old National Bank, and this show is at the Old National Centre, named for the bank. It was formally known as the Murat Centre, was built in 1909 and has been fully restored. I've never been to this venue so I'm excited to see it for the first time.

With the new album coming out early October I will have plenty of time to familiarize myself with it before the show! Can't wait!

Brooke
07-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Yay for you Pm! :yay:

sodascouts
07-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Wonderful! You finally get to see him with a full band!

WalshFan88
07-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Awesome! I don't think we'll be able to make any of the shows but I'd love to see him again live. Have fun!

carol7lynn
07-20-2014, 09:45 AM
No love for California on his tour :(.

See that, Eagles, NEW ALBUM FROM JACKSON!!

Edit: Aaack, I'm a bad reader - one show in Santa Monica in the middle of all of those DC and PA shows, Hmmmm....

Just got my VIP tix yesterday for Santa Monica. Been trying since the pre-sale to get one but no luck until I stumbled on the Jackson Browne Fall Tour link on the Guacamole Fund web-site.

Go to Guacs home page once there click on Jackson Brown Fall Tour hyperlink in blue just above the pix of Jackson. That will take you to the ticketing page for the entire tour and once there click on tickets for Santa Monica which takes you to Crowdsurge Here is the link: http://www.guacfund.org/

For some reason the only way you can get to this page is via the guac-fund web-site. The link on his tour page takes you to TicketFly.

Carol-Lynn

07-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Well crap - I really bombed out. I've been waiting a pretty long time for Jackson to play a show with a full band somewhere near me. So, finally, he will be playing in D.C. on Sunday, September 14th. Perfect - except that's the day I'll be leaving New York after the Eagles at MSG show and driving to Boston! :mad:

Prettymaid
07-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Wonderful! You finally get to see him with a full band!

Well, technically, my first show in Indy at White River State Park was half with David Lindley and half with his band - and when Brooke and I saw him at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis he was with Sara Watkins and her band, but I am excited to finally see him with a band again AND to hear some songs off of his new album! Should be really exciting!!!

Brooke
07-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Well crap - I really bombed out. I've been waiting a pretty long time for Jackson to play a show with a full band somewhere near me. So, finally, he will be playing in D.C. on Sunday, September 14th. Perfect - except that's the day I'll be leaving New York after the Eagles at MSG show and driving to Boston! :mad:

Can you take a detour to DC first, dreamer?

Prettymaid
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Here's a review of Jackson's new album, Standing in the Breach.

I can't wait!!!

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014/08/26/jackson-browne-standing-in-the-breach-2014/

sodascouts
09-03-2014, 09:43 PM
I just went back to his site to see if he'd added any dates in the South. No such luck - but I'm excited for his new album!

NYC Fan
10-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Very interesting interview with Jackson, with some nice mentions about the Eagles. Looking forward to hearing his new album.

http://m.thenation.com/article/181883-eric-alterman-and-katrina-vanden-heuvel-interview-jackson-browne

UndertheWire
10-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Very interesting interview with Jackson, with some nice mentions about the Eagles. Looking forward to hearing his new album.

http://m.thenation.com/article/181883-eric-alterman-and-katrina-vanden-heuvel-interview-jackson-browne

Oh, that's good. And funny. "Only Glenn would've had the girl slowing down to take a look at him."

I like the way he compares a Henley-Frey-Souther writing session to a poker game.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Very nice article thaks fir posting it

Wasn't jackson just on david letterman

UndertheWire
10-08-2014, 05:42 PM
You're right. There are a couple of videos from Letterman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEz1IDUyPO8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyT1IFdGrDM

Tiffanny Twisted
10-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks thatwas great !!!!!!!

SallyGee
10-09-2014, 09:15 PM
We saw Jackson last night and Tuesday night. He never disappoints. I think I've seen him close to 20 times, and every show is different. He has a full band with him, so they kind of follow a set list. But the order was a little different last night. And someone called out for a Warren Devon song, so he sang Carmelita. I love when he does that. He was his usual charming self, talking in between songs and telling us how much he appreciated us being there. Today is his birthday, so the audience sang Happy Birthday to him. He seemed touched by that, but did say he had a few more hours yet. I have loved him for 40 years. Not only for his music, but because of the man he is. Always doing something for charity or the environment. His songs have helped me deal with so much over the years. He will always have a special place in my heart. If anyone has the chance to see him, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Brooke
10-10-2014, 09:49 AM
SG, I have only gotten to see him once, but have been a fan for 40 years too! Love, love his music!

That's just wonderful that you've seen him so many times! I would like to see him with his regular band. Especially David Lindley. I wonder why he isn't touring with him anymore?

sodascouts
10-11-2014, 05:52 PM
I wish he would come near me. I was updating my concert diary today, and I realized it's been three years since I got to see my one and only (so far) Jackson Browne show.

deb828
10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
We saw Jackson last night and Tuesday night. He never disappoints. I think I've seen him close to 20 times, and every show is different. He has a full band with him, so they kind of follow a set list. But the order was a little different last night. And someone called out for a Warren Devon song, so he sang Carmelita. I love when he does that. He was his usual charming self, talking in between songs and telling us how much he appreciated us being there. Today is his birthday, so the audience sang Happy Birthday to him. He seemed touched by that, but did say he had a few more hours yet. I have loved him for 40 years. Not only for his music, but because of the man he is. Always doing something for charity or the environment. His songs have helped me deal with so much over the years. He will always have a special place in my heart. If anyone has the chance to see him, do it. You won't be disappointed.
SG--Thanks for the review. Can't wait to see Jackson next Friday--my first time! Agree with you about his songs; his lyrics are unmatched. I saw the setlist for the first NY concert on setlist.fm. If it is correct, glad I bought the new album, as there were quite a few songs from it. Did you find that to be true?

Tiffanny Twisted
10-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks sally gee
When I hear jackson , I think.of you

SallyGee
10-14-2014, 09:30 PM
SG--Thanks for the review. Can't wait to see Jackson next Friday--my first time! Agree with you about his songs; his lyrics are unmatched. I saw the setlist for the first NY concert on setlist.fm. If it is correct, glad I bought the new album, as there were quite a few songs from it. Did you find that to be true?

He did play quite a few songs from the new album. I loved them all. I preordered it from Amazon and I still didn't get it! I definitely won't do that again. It's been out a week already. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the show. He is just so great in concert. Have a great time.

SallyGee
10-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks sally gee
When I hear jackson , I think.of you

Aww, thanks TT

Tiffanny Twisted
10-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Lol I got a free download code for a song from the cd, from starbucks

I also saw he played chicago tonight.......

Yes sally ge I think of you

deb828
10-15-2014, 10:39 AM
He did play quite a few songs from the new album. I loved them all. I preordered it from Amazon and I still didn't get it! I definitely won't do that again. It's been out a week already. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the show. He is just so great in concert. Have a great time.Thanks!! Ugh, I pre-ordered it from Amazon, also, but ended up having ordered the digital version in error, which was a disappointment. Hope you get yours soon! I think it is more fun to hold the CD in your hand and see the album art and lyrics--dating myself, I know. The countdown is on for Friday!

Brooke
10-15-2014, 10:47 AM
He did play quite a few songs from the new album. I loved them all. I preordered it from Amazon and I still didn't get it! I definitely won't do that again. It's been out a week already. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the show. He is just so great in concert. Have a great time.

And this is why I don't preorder from amazon anymore. They are so slow!

Prettymaid
10-15-2014, 02:37 PM

The nice thing about reading this is that you can really feel the love and respect you have for him. I'm glad you got to see him again. My turn is coming up this Saturday. :inlove:

Prettymaid
10-16-2014, 04:24 PM
I was reading the 'thanks to' paragraph on Jackson's new cd, and of the many people he thanks, one of them is Joe Walsh, directly preceded by Bonnie Raitt and David Crosby. I can understand him thanking Bonnie Raitt and David Crosby, but does anyone know why he would be thanking Joe on this cd? I thought it was pretty cool!

SallyGee
10-17-2014, 09:12 PM
PM, have a great time tomorrow. I'm sure you will. I'll be thinking about you. Blow Jackson a kiss from me.

Prettymaid
10-17-2014, 11:46 PM
PM, have a great time tomorrow. I'm sure you will. I'll be thinking about you. Blow Jackson a kiss from me.

One from you and one from me. :nod:

deb828
10-18-2014, 04:14 PM
You are so right about Jackson being wonderful in concert. He sounded great with the band, and he is so warm and interesting when he makes comments.
We had really wonderful seats, and I was truly thrilled to be so close to him. I wanted the evening to go on and on!

SallyGee
10-18-2014, 07:27 PM
You are so right about Jackson being wonderful in concert. He sounded great with the band, and he is so warm and interesting when he makes comments.
We had really wonderful seats, and I was truly thrilled to be so close to him. I wanted the evening to go on and on!

So happy you enjoyed the show. I knew you would. I was lucky enough to see him in August, and twice last week, and it still isn't enough. At least I finally got the CD. I love it. It debuted at number 15 on Billboards chart. Not bad for someone who has been around for over 40 years.

Prettymaid
10-19-2014, 07:49 PM
The show last night in Indy was great. Our seats were basically 3 rows back from the stage (there were 2 rows in the pit), dead center. We had great fans around us who were fun to talk to before the show. Deb, one guy was at your show the night before and SG, another guy was at the Beacon on the 7th!

I had been waiting so long to see Jackson with his band. It was cool to see his old keyboard player and drummer from the Going Home dvd. Jackson's voice sounded strong with a band backing him. He was fun and conversational. At one point a female voice in the audience yelled out "Here Come Those Tears Again", and Jackson shook his head and laughed, but then went on to tell us that he wrote that song with his mother-in-law (which I knew) and that they were good friends. It was great that he could talk about that time in his life without bringing up his wife's suicide. Although there were several requests called out, Jackson stuck to the set list, and I was thrilled. I had received the new cd last week and had time to familiarize myself with it. Although, I wish he had done Yeah Yeah, I knew from looking at setlistfm.com that he wasn't doing it.

I also knew that for the encore he was doing Take It Easy going right into Our Lady of the Well, just like on the original recording on the For Everyman album from 1973. That was awesome enough, but he had been doing one more song, the closer for the show, and it wasn't always the same. What would our closer be? Everybody was still on their feet. After consulting with his slide guitarist, he sat down at the piano and started playing the first familiar notes of For A Dancer. I grabbed Hubby and pulled him close. We had this song played at my BIL, Chuck's funeral last November. He died from ALS at the age of 48. We feel a connection to the song now whenever we hear it. As we left the theatre I said to Hubby, "It was like he knew."

It was a beautiful ending to a great show.

Brooke
10-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Awww, glad you had a good time, Pm! I'm sure he was awesome!

deb828
10-20-2014, 07:38 PM
So happy you enjoyed the show. I knew you would. I was lucky enough to see him in August, and twice last week, and it still isn't enough. At least I finally got the CD. I love it. It debuted at number 15 on Billboards chart. Not bad for someone who has been around for over 40 years.
Thanks! So nice of you, and so lucky you have seen him so many times. I can see how that would not be enough! I love the CD, too. The more I listen too it, the better I like it. Glad you finally got it.

deb828
10-20-2014, 07:42 PM
The show last night in Indy was great. Our seats were basically 3 rows back from the stage (there were 2 rows in the pit), dead center. We had great fans around us who were fun to talk to before the show. Deb, one guy was at your show the night before and SG, another guy was at the Beacon on the 7th!

I had been waiting so long to see Jackson with his band. It was cool to see his old keyboard player and drummer from the Going Home dvd. Jackson's voice sounded strong with a band backing him. He was fun and conversational. At one point a female voice in the audience yelled out "Here Come Those Tears Again", and Jackson shook his head and laughed, but then went on to tell us that he wrote that song with his mother-in-law (which I knew) and that they were good friends. It was great that he could talk about that time in his life without bringing up his wife's suicide. Although there were several requests called out, Jackson stuck to the set list, and I was thrilled. I had received the new cd last week and had time to familiarize myself with it. Although, I wish he had done Yeah Yeah, I knew from looking at setlistfm.com that he wasn't doing it.

I also knew that for the encore he was doing Take It Easy going right into Our Lady of the Well, just like on the original recording on the For Everyman album from 1973. That was awesome enough, but he had been doing one more song, the closer for the show, and it wasn't always the same. What would our closer be? Everybody was still on their feet. After consulting with his slide guitarist, he sat down at the piano and started playing the first familiar notes of For A Dancer. I grabbed Hubby and pulled him close. We had this song played at my BIL, Chuck's funeral last November. He died from ALS at the age of 48. We feel a connection to the song now whenever we hear it. As we left the theatre I said to Hubby, "It was like he knew."

It was a beautiful ending to a great show.This is a really lovely review. I could just picture the concert while reading your words. I wonder if the guy from Columbus was the one Jackson kind of had word with? He said he has trouble remembering some things, but not being asked over and over to sing the same song, by the same person apparently. It was In the Shape of a Heart, which I really like, and he did it, but I think reluctantly. (Maybe it was someone different, though.)

For A Dancer is a touching song, and I would have loved to have heard it. But I am glad you got it because of the personal meaning.

Brooke
10-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Do you know why David Lindley isn't with him anymore? Just curious cause I'd like to see a show with him and JB.

Prettymaid
10-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Do you know why David Lindley isn't with him anymore? Just curious cause I'd like to see a show with him and JB.

From doing some reading I've learned that David Lindley is from Southern California and from the time he was a teen excelled in banjo and fiddle. He was a much saught after session musician, but he did play with Jackson between 1971 and 1981, doing other projects in between. It just so happened that David Lindley was touring with Jackson when I first saw him in 2010, although I didn't really know who David was at the time.

So I think the short answer to why he isn't with Jackson anymore is because they've both moved on for now. But who knows? Maybe they'll tour together again someday!

Brooke
10-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks Pm! Hopefully they will find each other again someday.

SallyGee
10-21-2014, 06:55 PM
PM, I am so glad he ended the show with For a Dancer. He did that at our show,but much earlier. I remember when your brother-in-law passed. I thought of him and your family this summer every time I saw the ice bucket challenge. Now I will think of you when I hear that song.

Houston Baby
10-22-2014, 08:26 AM
There is a great article/interview of Jackson Browne in this week's Rolling Stone. It is "My Life in 15 Songs" by David Fricke. Of course, Take It Easy is one of the songs. Part of Jackson's comments.....

"I got back to town and Glenn Frey came to see me in the studio. I sang this song for him. It wasn't done, but he wanted it for the Eagles. He kept calling me: 'Is it finished? Do you want me to finish it?' He added a verse and a chorus. I had 'standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.' But I didn't even know what a flatbed Ford was. You need a guy like Glenn, who's a 'girl-Ford-Lord' guy. Also he put himself into the song: The girl 'slowing down to take a look at me' - that's pure Glenn Frey"

Brooke
11-17-2014, 02:42 PM
UtW linked to this article in another thread and thought it needed to be here too.

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/10-questions-songwriter-jackson-browne

Great interview and he performs several songs at the bottom!

He just amazes me. Hubby and I happened to catch a part of a recent concert of his on AXS tv yesterday afternoon. Hubby asked me, do you think he was a depressed person when he wrote some of his songs? I don't know. He doesn't act depressed whenever you see him live or on tv, but how did he write about the things he writes about without being? And I don't get depressed listening to him, but it does bring me to tears sometimes, even to sobbing. Yet, I love listening to him......:shrug:

WalshFan88
11-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Cool interview!

deb828
11-17-2014, 07:14 PM
UtW linked to this article in another thread and thought it needed to be here too.

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/10-questions-songwriter-jackson-browne

Great interview and he performs several songs at the bottom!

He just amazes me. Hubby and I happened to catch a part of a recent concert of his on AXS tv yesterday afternoon. Hubby asked me, do you think he was a depressed person when he wrote some of his songs? I don't know. He doesn't act depressed whenever you see him live or on tv, but how did he write about the things he writes about without being? And I don't get depressed listening to him, but it does bring me to tears sometimes, even to sobbing. Yet, I love listening to him......:shrug:
Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. About the depression, I think like you, that he doesn't seem like it, but he is so attractive as a man, I think, because he admits to feeling so deeply. JMO. Love listening to him, also.

Roey
01-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Prior to the news about Glenn, Jackson Browne's web site lists concerts postponed due to "illness". I wonder if he is ill or if he did this to be with Glenn and Glenn's family.

JennyCH
01-28-2016, 06:28 PM
I played Looking into You today and just lost it. "It's a hotel at best, you're here as a guest/You oughta make yourself at home while you're waiting for the rest." amen.

L101
03-11-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm still trying to listen to Jackson Browne but only get the chance to do so in bits and pieces - but my latest discovery of his songs is 'Walls and Doors'.
WOW!! What a song - it's pure Jackson Browne, I love it. This song, along with 'Late for the sky' should never be touched by anybody else as they could never do justice to them (I kinda like those songs :grin:)

But saying that, I still prefer Don Henley's version of 'Here comes those tears again' than Jacksons..... it's a more upbeat rockier version and has nothing to do with the fact that Don's voice is just so sexy on it :shh:

TimFan222
03-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Lacken, I agree Walls and Doors is a great song. My favorite!!! The lyrics are so beautiful. Love this man. My favorite concert after the Eagles

RudieCantFail
07-09-2016, 04:12 AM
I just wanted to share a few videos I found on YouTube for Jackson Browne fans. Also, it's a small taste of Hawaiian music, and the genre is probably one of the most soothing things that I've heard. I really enjoy the genre, so you hear some ukulele and slack key guitar in Take It Easy. They're from 2005, and the benefit concert was organized by Jack Johnson. You could buy the songs on iTunes if you wanted to.

Browne isn't that prominent in this, but you could watch him and hear his backup vocals.
Island Style - John Cruz feat. Jackson Browne and Jack Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuMbrLyrvM

Browne does get to sing Take It Easy with Cruz and Johnson. The 1st video is unlisted, so I sort of feel bad sharing it. The channel is from the official festival, so it's not a personal channel. It has some behind the scenes practice footage at the beginning and it then cuts to the concert footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCMeXAXhC4

The 2nd one is just the whole song but no footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8892RW9U

Delilah
08-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Forbes magazine recently had a nice write-up about Jackson and 5 other underrated musicians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2016/08/18/jackson-browne-and-five-other-undervalued-classic-rock-greats/#123493387f8e

shunlvswx
11-21-2017, 03:36 PM
This video was making rounds on Facebook yesterday. This video was posted by Thomas(I don't know his last name. I know it starts with A)on Jackson's facebook fan group.

This is a great song. I don't know if anybody has heard or seen this video. I listen to the song and it is a great song. I've never seen the video or heard of the song until yesterday. The song was on Jackson's 1974 album, Late For the Sky, but I guess he made a music video 18 years later. Three special guest make an appearance in this video.

http://vimeo.com/138582820

My My
11-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Thanks Shun! Quite a nice group of back up singers! Henley, Fogelberg and JD?

New Kid In Town
11-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Forbes magazine recently had a nice write-up about Jackson and 5 other underrated musicians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2016/08/18/jackson-browne-and-five-other-undervalued-classic-rock-greats/#123493387f8e

Delilah - Thanks for posting that article. Just me, but I never thought Jackson was underrated. He has always seemed to garner a lot of respect in the music industry. I would venture a guess he would say he is happy just the way things are - famous but not so famous he can't probably walk down the street in peace for the most part.
I love Jackson and my sister's and I had that album way back when. God knows where it is now - lol ! I do think some of his music, especially the early stuff, was kind of depressing. Just MPO.
I always loved Van Morrison and Bonnie Raitt too.

groupie2686
11-22-2017, 02:51 PM
I think Jackson is incredibly underrated...I was born in the mid-80s but through the music my parents listened to when I was growing up, I was familiar with and liked a lot of music before my time. Jackson was never one of them (maybe my parents weren't fans). I took a History of Rock Music class in college and Jackson wasn't included (huge oversight, in my opinion).

Anyway, I didn't become aware of Jackson until I watched the HOTE documentary and when I checked out his music, I was just blown away. How had I lived 30 years without hearing this before?!! His songs are absolutely gorgeous and when they come on, I have to stop everything I'm doing and listen. My favorites right now are Before the Deluge, Rock Me On the Water, and Tender is the Night. He came to my hometown about a year ago, but by the time I found out about it, the tickets were already sold out.

Brooke
11-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Drat! The video has already been taken down, shun! :sad:

I hear lots of his songs on my classic rock station. Groupie, I don't know how you missed him!

I loved seeing him a few years ago and would love to see him again.

Funk 50
12-17-2017, 09:07 AM
An early Christmas gift from Jackson, a great new single/video to treasure :yay:

Jackson Browne – The Dreamer (featuring Los Cenzontles)
https://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/jackson-browne-releases-new-video-and-single

01-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Jackson just announced an acoustic tour for the spring. Here are the dates ...

March 22 – Durham, NC – Durham PAC
March 23 – N. Charleston, SC – N. Charleston PAC
March 25 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
March 26 – Birmingham, AL – Alabama Theatre
March 28 – Memphis, TN – Orpheum Theatre
March 29 – Biloxi, MS – IP Casino Resort & Spa
March 31 – Chattanooga, TN – Tivoli Theatre
April 1 – Atlanta, GA – Cobb Energy PAC
April 3 – West Palm Beach, FL – Kravis Center for PA
April 4 – Clearwater, FL – Ruth Eckerd Hall
April 6 – Daytona Beach, FL – Peabody Auditorium
April 8 – Naples, FL – Artis
April 9 – Miami Beach, FL – Fillmore

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/jackson-browne-spring-2019-acoustic-tour/

Thanks to longtimeeaglesfan for the heads up.

longtimeeaglesfan
01-16-2019, 02:03 PM
His presale code is THESEDAYS if anyone needs it. I managed to get 4th row center seats in Memphis after many attempts on Ticketmaster.

Brooke
01-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Very cool, ltef!

sodascouts
01-16-2019, 10:49 PM
I saw Jackson in Memphis back in 2010. Might be time for another trip!

sodascouts
03-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Row J off to the side. Seat isn't ideal, but Jackson will be coming out soon!

shunlvswx
03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
He will be here in Mississippi tomorrow night in Biloxi. I hate I won't be able to see him. I just didn't get the chance to save to buy a ticket.

longtimeeaglesfan
03-29-2019, 11:40 AM
View from Row D. I enjoyed the performance although I admit I would have preferred to hear more of his more well known songs such as Doctor My Eyes, Lawyers in Love, Somebody's Baby, The Load-Out/Stay, Tender is the Night, Boulevard, That Girl Could Sing.

I was irritated by the couple in front of me - they kept standing and switching seats with each other and she felt the need to hold her phone up high and record video frequently despite getting a personal warning from Orpheum staff.

Soda - I would have said hello if I knew you were going to be there. I'm interested to hear your take on the concert.

I like that some of his songs are political since I share his views. He seemed very personal and I like it when everything isn't always polished like when he had trouble picking out his correct guitar.

I really liked that he mentioned Glenn Frey on a couple of occasions including when he spoke of writing Take it Easy with/for Glenn before performing it in the encore.

sodascouts
03-30-2019, 03:41 PM
View from Row D. I enjoyed the performance although I admit I would have preferred to hear more of his more well known songs such as Doctor My Eyes, Lawyers in Love, Somebody's Baby, The Load-Out/Stay, Tender is the Night, Boulevard, That Girl Could Sing.

I was irritated by the couple in front of me - they kept standing and switching seats with each other and she felt the need to hold her phone up high and record video frequently despite getting a personal warning from Orpheum staff.

Soda - I would have said hello if I knew you were going to be there. I'm interested to hear your take on the concert.

I like that some of his songs are political since I share his views. He seemed very personal and I like it when everything isn't always polished like when he had trouble picking out his correct guitar.

I really liked that he mentioned Glenn Frey on a couple of occasions including when he spoke of writing Take it Easy with/for Glenn before performing it in the encore.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2471&d=1553873394

I wish we could have hooked up - it would have been nice. I just waited too long to PM you!

Like you, I was disappointed not to hear some of my faves, but my cries for "Late for the Sky," "Looking into You" and "Somebody's Baby" were outshouted by people who wanted to hear the likes of "Rosie" and "Redneck Friend" - still, I do appreciate how he does what the crowd wants. I was amazed at how the two ladies he had with him were also able to harmonize on just about anything in his catalog. They are well-prepared, as was his accompanying bass player/steel guitar player/ guy who did whatever was needed! Wow!

As for the political stuff, everyone knows he's a big liberal, and I'm glad that any conservatives in the audience didn't say anything. It just makes for unpleasantness. Better to just clap politely or keep silent entirely if you don't agree with the artist. It's really unavoidable that he's going to talk politics when some of his songs are overtly political. His song "The Dreamer," released in 2017, is pretty much political commentary. The only time I get uncomfortable is when he starts talking about religion, but I just simply refrained from clapping for "Rebel Jesus."

I also like the little unpolished and personal moments. It makes it feel like an intimate concert done just for us rather than one he's done a million times.

I loved his Glenn mentions, too. I wondered about the "Ramblin/Gamblin" lyric change in "These Days" and wondered if it had anything to do with Glenn, or if it was just a coincidence. Did you hear what he said after that? It seemed he was kind of coming up with the lyrics off the cuff for that verse. It sounded to me like "And I've quit my ramblin' / I don't do no more gamblin' these days. These days..." And he paused and fumbled a bit and it sounded like he sang something like "And I wonder if I'll ever see another holiday" - but I'm not sure I caught that line correctly.

I enjoyed the show, but in the end, I thought it lacked the energy and excitement of the kind of solo show I'm used to seeing. I don't think I'll spend another $100 to see him again if he comes back.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Brooke
04-01-2019, 03:54 PM
So this was an acoustic show? I thought this tour was supposed to be with his band?

I remember when I saw him he forgot a line of one of his more popular songs! Can't remember which one! He just laughed and moved on. It was cute!

I think he is my next favorite artist after the Eagles! Yes, I can do without his politics and religious beliefs, but I can overlook that.

04-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the reviews LTEF and Soda. It's too bad the two of you didn't get a chance to meet. I would love to see Jackson, but I keep waiting for the tour with his full band. I hope I haven't missed my chance. It's been quite a while since he toured with a full band.

sodascouts
04-01-2019, 07:19 PM
So this was an acoustic show? I thought this tour was supposed to be with his band?

I remember when I saw him he forgot a line of one of his more popular songs! Can't remember which one! He just laughed and moved on. It was cute!

I think he is my next favorite artist after the Eagles! Yes, I can do without his politics and religious beliefs, but I can overlook that.

Nope, not full band. However, more of a "band" then the last time I saw him in 2010. Then, it was literally just him on the stage - a one-man show.

Dreamer, I'm not sure he'll ever tour with a full band again. It's more expensive. Plus, they might not be able to do this "free form" style as easily, where he plays whatever the crowd wants - something which he seems to really enjoy doing.

whitcap
04-01-2019, 09:27 PM
He's doing a full band tour this summer.
https://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/jackson-browne-adds-more-full-band-shows-to-his-east-coast-tour-this-june-and-july
https://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/jackson-browne-announces-band-tour-dates-west-coast-august

New Kid In Town
04-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Wow, thank you whitecap. My sister and I have been waiting to see if Jackson would come back to the NY/NJ area. I will have to tell her and ask her if she wants to go.

Brooke
04-03-2019, 03:06 PM
https://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/jackson-browne-adds-more-full-band-shows-to-his-east-coast-tour-this-june-and-july
https://www.jacksonbrowne.com/news/jackson-browne-announces-band-tour-dates-west-coast-august

Thanks, wc! Long time no see! Glad to have you back!

I see that David Lindley isn't included in his band for this. I wonder why as he toured with him for years. Maybe he doesn't do it anymore.

sodascouts
04-05-2019, 05:20 PM

Shows you what I know! ;) Well, in this case, I'm glad my speculation was off. If Jackson comes around with a band, I think I might plunk down that money after all.

Thanks for the info, whitcap - always great to hear from you!

04-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Thanks so much, whitcap. It looks like I'll get my chance to see Jackson with a band after all. He will be doing a show in northern VA. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Brooke
03-25-2020, 02:36 PM
So sorry to hear he has the coronavirus. Hope he kicks it easily.

He has a new song out and album coming in October.

Here is a link to his story with a link to listen to a new song A Little Too Soon To Say. I'm a little distressed with his appearance in the accompanying picture. His normally straight hair is a bit messy and a little grayish! :lol: Doesn't matter, I still love him and if you can go see him, by all means, go! He's wonderful!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jackson-browne-a-little-soon-to-say-972249/

scottside
03-25-2020, 04:26 PM
So sorry to hear he has the coronavirus. Hope he kicks it easily.

He has a new song out and album coming in October.

Here is a link to his story with a link to listen to a new song A Little Too Soon To Say. I'm a little distressed with his appearance in the accompanying picture. His normally straight hair is a bit messy and a little grayish! :lol: Doesn't matter, I still love him and if you can go see him, by all means, go! He's wonderful!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jackson-browne-a-little-soon-to-say-972249/

Nice song, but I'm not thrilled with the backing vocals and his voice sounds a bit strained to me. I always buy everything he puts out though and this will be no exception. My wife and I have seen him at least 20 times over the year and he puts on great shows.

He does look his age is finally starting to catch up with him in the photo. It was actually a bit jarring as I haven't seen any recent pictures of him

Hopefully, his bout with the coronavirus will be over quickly and he'll fully recover. It does seem that he's got a mild case of it.

Brooke
03-27-2020, 02:10 PM
SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.

scottside
03-27-2020, 02:42 PM
SS, 20 times?! That's amazing! You must be from a metro area. I've only seen him once but would love to see him again and I've been a fan since the mid 70's.We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.

MarthaJo56
03-27-2020, 03:55 PM
We live in the New York metro area so that made it possible for us to see him a lot, but also we saw him probably at least 15 of those times in the 70s when he was touring all the time. Since then, his tours seem to be more sporadic and he plays in places that are less convenient for us.

I've only seen him once--that was in Ames, Iowa in 1983. I was SO looking forward to his tour with James Taylor. Hoping for a miracle and maybe we can.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/fc/25/0afc25c408f22361e635f299e4b63495.jpg

03-28-2020, 01:16 PM
:pray: that Jackson has a full and speedy recovery.

Oddly enough, I've yet to see him live. Still not giving up hope yet though!

henleyfreychick
04-20-2020, 04:33 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

"Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jackson-browne-earth-day-2020-986611/?fbclid=IwAR0lUvelWnX329Bx22Mq_vdL_tQz-FXdLBV8Im2TsrR_5sh81isqXBrAhy4

I hope he's resting and recovering at home.

MarthaJo56
04-20-2020, 09:52 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet (please excuse me if I'm mistaken,) but Jackson released a new song!

"Downhill From Everywhere" was released exclusively on Rolling Stone today and will be available everywhere on Earth Day (April 22.) I'll admit I don't love it as much as "A Little Soon to Say" (I haven't stopped listening to this song yet!) but I love that he's making and releasing new music.

The link also includes a brief article about the upcoming album and Jackson's environmental efforts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jackson-browne-earth-day-2020-986611/?fbclid=IwAR0lUvelWnX329Bx22Mq_vdL_tQz-FXdLBV8Im2TsrR_5sh81isqXBrAhy4

I hope he's resting and recovering at home.

I heard it today, downloaded it. Great song!
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0c/08/42/0c0842d9838dd8e969a78b244b8984d3.jpg

Delilah
07-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Jackson’s tour with James Taylor is resuming. In this recent interview, he also talks about Glenn and his co-write on “Take It Easy” starting at 2:57 (“I could never have written that [line]”).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEBuj1XlzE

FreyFollower
07-20-2021, 08:16 AM
Thanks, Delilah, it was an interesting talk. The Glenn line he refers to is , to me, the one that makes it a fun song. Always makes me smile, and it would really be missing a lot without it, IMO.:) I'd sure slow down for a closer look!
I remember Don H referring one time that Glenn often wrote very important lines in a song, even if not the most quantity.

MarthaJo56
01-20-2022, 04:28 PM
I'm in a couple of Jackson Browne fan groups on Facebook, and an admin on one.
On one of the groups, someone posted this ZigZag magazine article/interview of Jackson Browne from 1972, that she had found in a pile of old sheet music she had squirreled away.
I posted below, the section where he talks about Glenn.
That would have been around the time I was thinking of quitting school and moving to L.A. (which was only an hour away https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t4c/1/16/1f642.png ) and hanging out with musicians at the Troubadour and other Hollywood clubs. My brother lived in Hollywood at the time, so it would have been easy. But, alas, I chickened out. My Dad taught at my high school, so dropping out really wasn't an option. I still think woulda-shoulda-coulda. And how different my life would be now.