PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing Right Now?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Tiffanny Twisted
09-02-2012, 12:12 PM
wow...laundry and food shopping calling my name but...
hands and wrists hurt from clapping so hard last night
and the rain is killing my knees from all the walking/standing last night and all that misty salt air by the beach last night so...with the rain today..I think I am gonna give myself a day off to just relax and "revel" in my memories of last night and erlier this am......

GIVING MYSELF A DAY OFF>>>>>:hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I think you are entitled to a day off to recover TT! Enjoy reliving your memories.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-02-2012, 12:27 PM
thanks...I sorta feel like I needed permission but it was hard staying awake on the long drive home and I wasnt driving...lol JAHH was and we had the eagles blaring in the car .

tt

Midnight_Flyer
09-04-2012, 06:20 AM
watching two and a half men

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
finally..stopped raining so I am gonna tackel my food shopping
My least fav thing to do.:roll:

Topkat
09-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Trying to come down after the Eagle high from Sun nights show in Atlantic City. My life is soooo boring! Why can't every weekend be like that!!:inlove::inlove:

Troubadour
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Whiling away the last couple of hours before I go to work. I am tired, but it is my last shift before I move to London! Very strange, but exciting.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Ok I did it ..finally shopped...we wont starve.....

But I too am having trouble coming down from sat nite.
I sent my boss a text that said
"Isnt tomorrow wear your Eagles COncert shirt to work day?????"

she's ignoring me ,,,,,,

putting away the groceries but I bought a cool book at the bookstore as a present for finally shopping .

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm trying to learn how to do these screen caps...downloaded trial of Snag it...and I actually did it...and made an avi...the only problem is I'm not sure I could do it again if my life depended on it!:headscratch:...if I can really figure this out for sure I think it'll be really fun!

Glennsallnighter
09-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Good luck wearing your t-shirt Tiff! And enjoy the book!

Zelda, remember, Practice makes perfect. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Lou! I know how excited you are about moving to London and starting your new teaching career. I really hope it works out well for you and that you enjoy every minute.

I'm watching a rerun of Dallas!

Topkat
09-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Watching the Eagles Farewell 1 Concert. It's a rainy, crappy day here in NY, & it looks like the pool is not happening, so it's time to watch some Eagles concerts , next up Christchurch....I can't seem to find my HFO Tour video! I'm pretty pissed about that. I may have lent it to someone or else I misplaced it. OMG.:fear: I need HFO because that is my favorite tour!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Well tk - if you've never seen it before, Christchurch was part of the HFO tour. It's. of course, not the same as the filmed MTV concert on the DVD in 1994, but it is a show from the live HFO tour. It is AWESOME, IMHO. Have fun. :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
This isn't so much what I'm doing right now, but HH is on her way to Breezy Point where her mother lives during the summer. Her mother is OK, just a little rattled. My local TV station here in DC posted this. We are apparently in for some severe weather ourselves.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/breezypoint.jpg

zeldabjr
09-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Well tk - if you've never seen it before, Christchurch was part of the HFO tour. It's. of course, not the same as the filmed MTV concert on the DVD in 1994, but it is a show from the live HFO tour. It is AWESOME, IMHO. Have fun. :partytime:

this is the one I've never seen and have heard it's awesome!!!

zeldabjr
09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
WoW...that is some nasty weather...and VK hope it's not going to be as bad as they predict!...Glad everyone is ok

Topkat
09-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Yes, I have seen Christchurch before & I do know it was part of the HFO tour, but it was a very different show.... I haven't seen them in a long time, so being on an Eagles high from last weekend..... I wanted to watch them again! I still can't find the HFO DVD, so it's just going to be CC. Looks like I may have to get that one again for my collection.LOL

Hope HH's mom is OK!

The weather has cleared up this afternoon, but there was a tornado watch here this morning about 11 am. It was a terrible rainstorm & high winds!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 07:13 PM
This isn't so much what I'm doing right now, but HH is on her way to Breezy Point where her mother lives during the summer. Her mother is OK, just a little rattled. My local TV station here in DC posted this. We are apparently in for some severe weather ourselves.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/breezypoint.jpg
VA have you heard from HH??is her Momma ok?
TT

09-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Glad all is well with HH's mom. That must have been terrifying especially for those New Yorkers who aren't accustomed to tornados. I hope the damage isn't too extensive.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I waited until the blisters healed from the last attempt to start the pushmower. The blisters are back. Lawnmower still not started and currently thirty feet away and upside-down. Just a small issue with temper there.:brickwall:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I waited until the blisters healed from the last attempt to start the pushmower. The blisters are back. Lawnmower still not started and currently thirty feet away and upside-down. Just a small issue with temper there.:brickwall:
So va ...you fought the lawn and the lawn won???

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
So va ...you fought the lawn and the lawn won???

Hehe! Something like that! I certainly didn't win.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM
good ..your sense of humor is intact.
the lawn will always be there:hilarious:...Have a cold one and watch sports.lol

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I do hear my good buddy, Captain Morgan, calling my name...

zeldabjr
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
VA...I'll make a deal with you...I'll come and fight with your lawnmower and you can watch the next Bills game!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2012, 06:01 PM
VA...I'll make a deal with you...I'll come and fight with your lawnmower and you can watch the next Bills game!!

Yeah, I saw that score. I'd rather toss the lawnmower around.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
You guys are too funny. thanks for the laugh:hilarious: tt

Midnight_Flyer
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Watching tv

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
cant ignore the dinner dishes any longer.....
but I think I'll make the lunches now so we can grab and go in the early am (now that the school busses are out I gotta leave 15 minutes earlier or get stuck behind them)
JAhh is playing guitar in the other room......very soothing to my ears and soul.....

then I am gonna reward my self with my book in bed to which if I am lucky I will read nmore than a paragraph..:hilarious:

zeldabjr
09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
watching Steelers Broncos game

VAisForEagleLovers
09-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Here is where I get my butterflies. This game is stressing me out and it's still the first quarter. That turnover just helped...yay Troy!

Grey Sadler
09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
:wave: Hey everybody!
I'm sitting here waiting to see if my dad gets on FB chat...he's probably too tired tonight though, if he was responsible for groceries and/or cooking...

I need to get to work early to figure out what I had intended for 1st Block to work on LOL...3rd & 4th have a quiz, which means we have to review a little bit first...

I hate to say that I slept through all the available sports today--I left the TV on the Braves game and completely missed the Titans (good thing the race was last night!!)...tomorrow night is the Hell's Kitchen finale, though--looking forward to see who wins!!

Midnight_Flyer
09-10-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm watching jeremy kyle

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 06:50 PM
getting ready for Monday Night Football...double header!...da, da,da da!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
getting ready for Monday Night Football...double header!...da, da,da da!

I don't want either team to win in the early game! What a horrid choice...

The second game, I haven't followed the Chargers much since they booted LT out the door and I think Rivers is such a diva. So I guess I would cheer for Oakland if I could stay awake that long.

Grey Sadler
09-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, here I am again...waiting for my dad on FB chat :hilarious:
Flipping between MasterChef finale and the Braves game...I wish I knew my way around pro football!!

Another busy morning coming up tomorrow...and a very solemn one to boot :worried:
Trying to spread some positivity though :grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Flipping between MasterChef finale and the Braves game...I wish I knew my way around pro football!!

Having grown up near Pittsburgh during the 70's, I got quite the education in football! And of course, I've watched baseball on TV as far back as I can remember! Anyway, you aren't missing a whole lot with the football at this very moment. Baltimore is blowing out the Bungals...I mean Bengals.

Hope your morning goes OK tomorrow morning!

Grey Sadler
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Having grown up near Pittsburgh during the 70's, I got quite the education in football! And of course, I've watched baseball on TV as far back as I can remember! Anyway, you aren't missing a whole lot with the football at this very moment. Baltimore is blowing out the Bungals...I mean Bengals.

Hope your morning goes OK tomorrow morning!

LOL! Thanks...have to call a mom before school...and fanagle some copies of the Cells quiz for 1st block, since our copier is having a meltdown again, ack...

I can usually muddle through a HS game, spending 7 years in marching band...and I love college football, but something else is always in the way when it comes to pro ball!! If it isn't a race or baseball on Sunday, it's...baseball on Monday night! In the winter, it's racing or UNC basketball competing for my attention!!

zeldabjr
09-12-2012, 01:26 AM
playing on the computer and watching Farewell I

WalshFan88
09-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Getting ready for the Apple keynote tomorrow. I actually make a party of the day. Yes - I'm an Apple koolaid drinker. :hilarious:

zeldabjr
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm getting ready to go to an Amway party...anyone remember Amway?...I don't think I've heard of it since the seventies...didn't even know they were still around...my friend Donna's(she's the friend who I dragged to see TBS in Pittsburgh) daughter is having it...have to go!

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Watching Wife Swap.

zeldabjr
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
watching "The Blind Side"...never seen it before...it's great!

zeldabjr
09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
went to the grand opening celebration of Lakeshore Humane Society's brand new building...it's been in the works for years...so great to see this beautiful new place for the animals after so much hard work by so many people...I put in an application to volunteer...I'll probably end up cleaning litter boxes!...but that's ok...whatever I can do for the animals is ok with me

Tiffanny Twisted
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Zelda,'
What a wonderful thing to do.
I would love to do the same but I think I"d bring them all home with me.

I didnt take a job in a vets office even thought I could have brought my beloved Cookie with me, cause I didnt think I take being around sick animals .

Thats great.

tt

Grey Sadler
09-16-2012, 11:14 PM
watching "The Blind Side"...never seen it before...it's great!

I just saw it tonight!! Very good movie!! :thumbsup:

Brooke
09-17-2012, 09:10 AM
I loved The Blind Side!

Getting ready to head for town to buy more remodeling stuff.

Prettymaid
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
went to the grand opening celebration of Lakeshore Humane Society's brand new building...it's been in the works for years...so great to see this beautiful new place for the animals after so much hard work by so many people...I put in an application to volunteer...I'll probably end up cleaning litter boxes!...but that's ok...whatever I can do for the animals is ok with me

That's wonderful, Zelda! What a nice thing for you to do!

Troubadour
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
That's great, Zelda. Makes me happy to know that there is a new place dedicated to taking care of animals!

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Zelda,'
What a wonderful thing to do.
I would love to do the same but I think I"d bring them all home with me.

I didnt take a job in a vets office even thought I could have brought my beloved Cookie with me, cause I didnt think I take being around sick animals .

Thats great.

tt

yeah that's the only thing I'm afraid of is becoming the neighborhood "cat lady"...I have three and the inn is full along with my greyhound, but...I don't know how I will handle seeing all those sweet kitties all the time with no homes!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Z,
You will be fine.

I thinkyou being there to take care of them will bring joy to their lives.
I just saw something the other night on ABC news about a blind dog and another dog at the shelter who by instinct became the other dogs seeing eye dog and leading him around with his leash in his mouth.'Animals are amazing.
Just love them Zelda...thats what they need till they find their permanent

mommies.

Midnight_Flyer
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Watching Analyze This

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 08:37 PM
reading"to the Limit"

again. I needed a break before I read the third grey book. lol

And I think seeing the eagles 09-01 has something to do with it.

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
reading"to the Limit"

again. I needed a break before I read the third grey book. lol

And I think seeing the eagles 09-01 has something to do with it.

Is it a good book?...should I get it?...

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Its the second time I am reading it.
I have my original copy packed so I bought it again cause I wanted to read it again especially after seeing our boys. So yeah ,it is good cause I bought it twice.I liked it . I also bought another eagles book that was updated for their 40th anniversary.
How are you enjoying Devils COrner?
tt

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:09 PM
zELDA,
THE OTHER BOOK is :
"Eagles:taking it to the limit "--ben fong-torres
It was updated for the 40th anniversary.
It was cheaper for me at barnes and noble since I am a memeber .
If you order it at the store they upchagre you more.
tt:)

Grey Sadler
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Ooh, that book is totally on my wish list!!

I'm...signing off FB since my dad isn't on to chat...and storms are headed our way in BOTH places (TN and GA)...
The dryer is running but I dread the folding to ensue. Ugh...
Need to pick out what to wear to school tomorrow...gonna rain all day...double ugh...
I tried to play my guitar tonight, realized I need a capo for that particular song (plus my F didn't sound right), found it in another key...which includes B. I'm not doing well playing a B for some reason...
Just another one of these crazy, crazy nights...:partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
AMy
I love the pictures in it.

really nice andit was only 20.oo at B and N.

Grey Sadler
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
OOH $20? That's even better!
My birthday is coming up...even though I said "no more presents after 40"...what was I thinking?? :nahnah:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Hey I buy myself gifts all the time.lol

Now I buy stuff for my godson....coming soon

Its neat the book

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't consider buying Eagles stuff gifts to myself...they are just necessities of life!:)

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 12:53 AM
AMy
I love the pictures in it.

really nice andit was only 20.oo at B and N.

that book is hardcover?...all I see on B&N website is paperback...and I don't want that.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Mine is Harcover,
When I called the store, they wanted to charge me 30.00 but ama zon and b and N had it for 20.00.
I bought mine last week and it came in two days and was hard cover.

Call the store near you and ask them for help..they are linked to their own website as well.

Good luck,=.
tt:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Just got some excellent news about a former co-worker! He just became a US citizen, and so we are trying to get him back on the team. Really good news for him and us! I love good news...

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Just got some excellent news about a former co-worker! He just became a US citizen, and so we are trying to get him back on the team. Really good news for him and us! I love good news...

really happy for him...and you!!!

Brooke
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Great news VA!

I just finished putting polyurethane on new stairsteps, painting a wall in the stairwell, and touching up paint in the kitchen. Why do I always work during my vacations? This is the last time I do that... till next year!

No, one of these days we will really vacation by going somewhere! I mean it!

Victim of Love
09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Just finished packing. Flying down to Albuquerque in the morning, staying till next Wednesday. Looking forward to a fun time with good friends.

Grey Sadler
09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Ack ack ack...:worried:
Sitting here waiting to see if the Braves get a hit or lose it to the Marlins...
Talked to my dad for all of 30 minutes on FB chat, he's not feeling well...my stepmother was supposed to have surgery on her foot this morning but they had to put it off until Thursday...this honestly sucks being 8 hours away and not able to do anything but pray...
And it has rained nearly constantly here since, um, last night??
So what do I find on YouTube to help feel better? "Chug All Night" :hilarious:

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Just finished packing. Flying down to Albuquerque in the morning, staying till next Wednesday. Looking forward to a fun time with good friends.

Have fun VOL!!!

zeldabjr
09-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Ack ack ack...:worried:
Sitting here waiting to see if the Braves get a hit or lose it to the Marlins...
Talked to my dad for all of 30 minutes on FB chat, he's not feeling well...my stepmother was supposed to have surgery on her foot this morning but they had to put it off until Thursday...this honestly sucks being 8 hours away and not able to do anything but pray...
And it has rained nearly constantly here since, um, last night??
So what do I find on YouTube to help feel better? "Chug All Night" :hilarious:

GS...that has to be a very helpless feeling being far from your parents...especially when they aren't well...glad I never had to be far from mine when they were alive...Hope everything works out with them!...and I love your remedy...an Eagles song always helps!

zeldabjr
09-19-2012, 12:42 AM
watching HFO!

Midnight_Flyer
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Watching Halloween H20

zeldabjr
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
trying to learn how to make the signature banners...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-19-2012, 04:20 PM
ooh good then you can help me when you get it cause I cant do it

tt

Brooke
09-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Taking a break from painting, drinking a cup of vanilla cappucino, and downloading music from my cds to my new computer! Jackson Browne is almost done!

zeldabjr
09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Taking a break from painting, drinking a cup of vanilla cappucino, and downloading music from my cds to my new computer! Jackson Browne is almost done!

what kind of computer did you get?...I'm loving my new one!

Brooke
09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
It's an HP desktop. Lovin' it so far!

Midnight_Flyer
09-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Watching How I Met Your Mother

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Watching Dallas

Grey Sadler
09-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Waiting for HS football highlights on the news! :partytime:
And telling myself how sleepy I am and that I can't stay up so late tonight :hilarious:

Grey Sadler
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Now I'm coloring my hair with henna + coffee :-)

zeldabjr
09-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Now I'm coloring my hair with henna + coffee :-)

wow...I've heard of henna but not coffee...how do you do it?..very curious

Glennsallnighter
09-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Watching TV with my son who also has this dose. havent the energy for anything else!

Grey Sadler
09-22-2012, 03:57 PM
wow...I've heard of henna but not coffee...how do you do it?..very curious

Normally you would mix the henna with water, but I added some coffee left over from this morning...it makes the color less reddish/auburn and more like my natural brown. I also add a little hit of honey for conditioning.
I admit that this stuff makes a flaky MESS of the bathroom!! Lots of cleanup afterwards!! :eyebrow: :hilarious:

SallyGee
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Watching Celebrity Ghost Stories. Kevin Sorbo is gonna be on.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Just finished watching the first video of Melborne.
Hope it gives me a chance to have another good dream about the guys even if it involves Vegas. lol

:thumbsup:tt

zeldabjr
09-23-2012, 12:43 AM
I am watching Farewell I!!

Glennsallnighter
09-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Watching 'Backyardigans' with my son. He is still coughing and sneezing too! (We did actually get a nights sleep in since the last post I wrote).

zeldabjr
09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Watching 'Backyardigans' with my son. He is still coughing and sneezing too! (We did actually get a nights sleep in since the last post I wrote).

Feel better...glad you got some sleep at least!!

zeldabjr
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
watching football and the Emmys

Tiffanny Twisted
09-23-2012, 09:20 PM
did modern family win yet???

zeldabjr
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
did modern family win yet???

Yes they just won!...my sister keeps telling me how good it is, but I've never seen it...My men don't get any respect!

Brooke
09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Back at work! :hmm:

WalshFan88
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Trying to make a list of new songs I want to rehearse before Ausfest on Saturday. Rehearsing mid-week.

Midnight_Flyer
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Watching Family Guy

Glennsallnighter
09-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I hope Ausfest goes well for you Austin. How many songs will you perform? I presume HC is NOT on the setlist! lol!

Don't work too hard Brooke!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
getting ready to watch two broke girls.

zeldabjr
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM
vacuuming(is that spelled right...doesn't look right to me!), laundry, watching Monday Night Football and looking through my two new Eagles books that just came in the mail...:)

Grey Sadler
09-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Waiting to see if my dad gets on FB...
Pondering what to wear for "Dress Up/Formal Day"--it's Homecoming week at school, today was Tacky Sweater Day. All I could think of was a dark turtleneck under a light sweater (a la Cousin Eddie in the Vacation movies)...

Tiffanny Twisted
09-24-2012, 09:50 PM
amy--have fun with what ever you decide to wear..I think thats the idea.

Zelda--arent you loving the new books.???
I'm reading the one , take it to the limit ,first.

enjoy

Grey Sadler
09-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks TT... I picked out a nice top & skirt, but it's something I'd wear any way LOL...I decided this year I'd wear a skirt once a week...even if that winds up being the day I have to get on a chair or down in the floor for something :brickwall::hilarious:

I looked for that particular Eagles book this weekend...2 major bookstores here, only one had the "American Band" book (and I had thumbed through Don F's book there two weeks ago but it was now sold out)...I actually said "Johnson City booksellers, I am disappoint!" out loud by the time I got to Barnes & Noble :hilarious:

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I hope Ausfest goes well for you Austin. How many songs will you perform? I presume HC is NOT on the setlist! lol!

:hilarious: Well it starts at 4pm and goes on until at LEAST 2am. So it's really nothing set in stone. We just have to know a good chunk of material and it'll be a free for all and someone will say a song and we'll do it. Nothing in order. None of us know what the next song will be. It's fun! :D Plus audience requests.

Haha HC would be played but the other guitar player that does those solos with me and plays those Felder parts (from back in the Eagles tribute days) is not going to make it as his mother is sick so it will be unfortunately left out unless I do a solo acoustic version somehow. I'll probably leave it out but there is one person that ALWAYS shows up that demands we play it. Usually I never object but A- it was always a closer song and B- I don't really want to do it if I can't have another guitar player to play those classic solos together. But definitely Already Gone, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good, etc will be played.

zeldabjr
09-25-2012, 02:39 AM
:hilarious: Well it starts at 4pm and goes on until at LEAST 2am. So it's really nothing set in stone. We just have to know a good chunk of material and it'll be a free for all and someone will say a song and we'll do it. Nothing in order. None of us know what the next song will be. It's fun! :D Plus audience requests.

Haha HC would be played but the other guitar player that does those solos with me and plays those Felder parts (from back in the Eagles tribute days) is not going to make it as his mother is sick so it will be unfortunately left out unless I do a solo acoustic version somehow. I'll probably leave it out but there is one person that ALWAYS shows up that demands we play it. Usually I never object but A- it was always a closer song and B- I don't really want to do it if I can't have another guitar player to play those classic solos together. But definitely Already Gone, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good, etc will be played.

sounds like a lot of fun Austin...where do you have this?

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 02:53 AM
sounds like a lot of fun Austin...where do you have this?

My great grandparents old farmland. We own it now and we built a huge stage out in the middle of what use to be a field. We also built a cabin we stay at. It's about a mile from where we live.

zeldabjr
09-25-2012, 04:41 AM
My great grandparents old farmland. We own it now and we built a huge stage out in the middle of what use to be a field. We also built a cabin we stay at. It's about a mile from where we live.

that sounds so cool...like your own little Woodstock!...I love it!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks TT... I picked out a nice top & skirt, but it's something I'd wear any way LOL...I decided this year I'd wear a skirt once a week...even if that winds up being the day I have to get on a chair or down in the floor for something :brickwall::hilarious:

I looked for that particular Eagles book this weekend...2 major bookstores here, only one had the "American Band" book (and I had thumbed through Don F's book there two weeks ago but it was now sold out)...I actually said "Johnson City booksellers, I am disappoint!" out loud by the time I got to Barnes & Noble :hilarious:

Keep trying Amy...
For me I almost feel like I am a squirrel storing my nuts(books) up for the coming winter,lol (you know haANkering down for a snow storm.)

I am reading take it to the limit for a second time and probably will do felders book again to since I remember it being an easy read. I am looking forward to more eagles books since there 40th is coming.

Good luck finding what you want....later gators..gotta go to work..ugh

SallyGee
09-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Wow Austin, that sounds so cool! You must have a blast. But I bet you sleep the next day away!

SallyGee
09-25-2012, 08:18 AM
I just got to work, I'm looking out my window, and 3 deer just ran out of the woods. They are now standing about 50 yards away right outside my window. Beautiful! Nice start to the day.

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 09:08 AM
that sounds so cool...like your own little Woodstock!...I love it!

Thanks. :) That was exactly the idea. The name is a play on Ozzy Osbourne's "Ozzfest" and my name being Austin we call it Ausfest. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow Austin, that sounds so cool! You must have a blast. But I bet you sleep the next day away!

Indeed. Last year I took no breaks, no eating, no nothing. I stood/sat there from about 2pm to 2am. This year it's later - 4pm to 4am. I was SOOOO exhausted because the rest of the band and different groups/players would take breaks and I sat in with all of them and played lead guitar. Talk about a finger workout. It was cold too and my fingers were frozen in pain at the end of the night. This year I'll have to take breaks when the others do. When the other guys were offstage I sat up there just goofing off playing famous guitar riffs/solos and people would yell them out and I'd play them. :hilarious: One of my favorites to do is 'Walk This Way'. You play that intro classic Joe Perry riff and people start making a racket of noise. :D

Last year I was so tired from playing without breaks I just put my gear in the little storage shed (where we keep some inexpensive PA speakers and such), said heck with it, and went home and went to bed. Luckily no one broke in or bad weather or I would have been in deep loss. We were just too tired to haul everything.

Brooke
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
WF, sounds like lots of fun for you, but you really should take some breaks. No need to over do it, especially with your health issues.

Do I sound like a Mom? Sorry! :lol:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Austin,

Have fun but stay safe :)

tt

SallyGee
09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
WF, sounds like lots of fun for you, but you really should take some breaks. No need to over do it, especially with your health issues.

That's funny Brooke. That's the first thing I thought of too! Please take care of yourself Austin. Be sure to take breaks, eat, and drink plenty of water. it won't be any fun if you make yourself sick. Sorry, it's hard to turn off the mom thing.:)

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Austin, you'll rock harder if you make sure and take care of yourself!

How cool to have a whole festival in your honor! Sadly, I think a SodaFest would not be nearly as entertaining, lol.

zeldabjr
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
all us mother hens (I'm only a mom to four legged kids, but I'm a nurse...so same deal) are worried about you and want to make sure you take care of yourself that day...we can't have our resident guitar expert making himself sick...You know what to do ....so make sure you do it....nurse's orders!!!

Grey Sadler
09-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I can only echo what the others are saying...eat, keep hydrated, take breaks...and take care of yourself, Austin!! :thumbsup:

lizzyplays
09-27-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm trying to catch up on what's going on around here! Seems like Austin is having a concert this weekend?! How cool is that?! I read most of the back comments and like everyone else here, I hope you have fun Austin and take care of yourself!!

I've been up since 4am, after sleeping in 2 hour intervals which seems to be my life right now! And eating... if anyone's every been on Prednisone then you feel my pain... I had the cravings curbed for a week or so but it seems they have kicked back in. :-( The other med I am on, Asacol, keeps keeps me awake.

Ok, I'm done whining! Thanks for listening. lol :spin:

I've eased back into work, with a few short 3 hour easy shifts last week (like hosting or expo'ing). Tonight, will be my first shift back on as a waitress, for 5 hours. Hopefully, I can make it. My body is so depleted physically and I have no use of my knees at all. I can walk, but i can't lift myself from a squat or anything so I have a long way to go. Anyways, we have a fast-paced, high volume restaurant so tonight will be a real test to if I am ready to be on the floor again. I sure hope so... I got bills, bills, bills!! hehe

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 06:36 AM
good luck Lizzy

and feelbetter soon
tt

Brooke
09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes, good luck and hope you are back to normal soon!

Glennsallnighter
09-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Missed you Lizzy! Hpe you feel better soon,

And Austin, hope Ausfest is a blast this year too!

I'm waiting for a parent - teacher meeting to start in a few minutes from now.

zeldabjr
09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
going to get my car inspection done!...I always say I'm not going to wait til the end of the month, but here we are again!...my brain was elsewhere earlier in the month!:blush::heart:

WalshFan88
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM

:hilarious: No I completely agree. Last year was just crazy. It was freezing cold and by 2am my fingers were frozen stiff and had to stop. Plus I had been playing that whole time non stop and I REALLY regretted it the next day when I felt like needles were being stuck in my hand repetitively.

WalshFan88
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
How cool to have a whole festival in your honor! Sadly, I think a SodaFest would not be nearly as entertaining, lol.

Yes I absolutely love it!!!! It started out as a surprise birthday party for me 2 years ago... This will make the 3rd annual Ausfest.

Sodafest sounds fun - I like pop (and drink way too much of it). :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

WalshFan88
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Austin,
What a cool way to celebrate a birthday.

Hope you have fun:thumbsup:

stay safe

tt

Grey Sadler
09-28-2012, 10:32 PM
At around 9:20 I thought I was posting in this thread...
I am sitting under an umbrella watching the 2nd half of my high school's football game...we are presently ahead 30-0 :grin:

...for some reason it went into the Facebook! thread...stoopid iPhone!
...plus the final score was 37-7 :partytime:

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 02:32 AM
glad your team won big GS!

I'm sitting up not feeling well...feel all achy like I'm coming down with something...watching Farewell I...thought it would make me feel better!:)...and you know it does...in a way

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
ooh Zelda.....take care and feel better soon.
tt:cry:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
GS, congrats on the big win!

Zelda, get to feeling better!

As for me, I'm in the process of thawing some bacon (yum), and looking at the kitchen and realizing it isn't going to clean itself. So I'll put on some good tunes and pretend I'm doing something else while cleaning.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
ok...todays the wedding dinner....but before that I am trying to wrap all Lucas' loot. I had done it once and have to re rap since I thought it was kinder to put the gift reciepts attached to the item instead of "guess which outfit I go to" for the momma.

Plus, a lot of gals from work couldnt go so I got all the gifts given to me to take. Gonna need a wheelbarrel to haul it all in. LOL.
Fun stuff to be busy with ..takes my mind off missing my son.....
good luck on the kitchen VA..its on my list but wont get done this weekend...lucky if I get to food shop...
have a great day everyone. tt

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
That sounds like a very busy plan for the day TT!

Zelda! Hope you are feeling better.

I'm watching 'I didn't know I was pregnant'. It must be very scary for some of those girls!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 11:38 PM
ga-the wedding was fabulous....we had fun!!!
Its near midnight and I am still wrapping Lucas presents......lol

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Glad you had fun at the wedding dinner tt...and have fun at the baby shower tomorrow...can't wait to hear all about it!

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 01:02 AM
That sounds like a very busy plan for the day TT!

Zelda! Hope you are feeling better.

I'm watching 'I didn't know I was pregnant'. It must be very scary for some of those girls!

thanks GA...I don't feel really bad...just not right...it's been going on since Tuesday evening...just ache all over like I have the flu and tired....I think it is Eagles withdrawl syndrome:hilarious:
How are you and your son feeling?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Zelda-
Is that why I've been out of joint?? Eagles withdraw???

OOh please take care my friend and feel better soon. Can you say time for a ot toddie??

Glennsallnighter
09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
We are pretty much OK again thanks Zelda. I went back to work on Thursday and though my voice wasn't great, it held out. I feel heaps better than I did this time last week!

Watching GAA (Irish sport) on TV before I head to bed.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Just got home from Lucas' baby shower. I am siking my self up to go and do food shopping.
I am so tired .
Will write more later. SHe got a lot of things for the baby.
We had a lot of fun.
Do you think If I call out tomorrow they would believe me??

tt

WalshFan88
10-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Looking at guitars online wishing I had this or that.... Unfortunately most of what I want is too cashy. :hilarious:

lizzyplays
10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Looking at guitars online wishing I had this or that.... Unfortunately most of what I want is too cashy. :hilarious:

Austin, tell us something that we DON'T know!!! :nahnah::hilarious::nahnah::hilarious:

WalshFan88
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Austin, tell us something that we DON'T know!!! :nahnah::hilarious::nahnah::hilarious:

:nahnah::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 06:37 AM
hey a guitar guy looking at guitars.....sounds normal to me lol:hilarious:

WalshFan88
10-05-2012, 01:44 PM
hey a guitar guy looking at guitars.....sounds normal to me lol:hilarious:

:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I know there are girl guitarists but cause of glenn and joe I always think of a guy and guitars...sorry

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm watching Bullseye and trying to keep warm. Temps here have plummeted in the last few days.

Grey Sadler
10-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm at home listening to our football game on the radio (the game was actually closer to my house but I was sooooooooooooooo tired tonight)...we're about to lose 17-0 :sad:...

:partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:...but it's FRIDAY!!!! :partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:

sodascouts
10-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Watching Sunset Boulevard. What a depressing movie!

zeldabjr
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
GS...sorry your team is losing...but yeah it is "Friday Night"...which is good!...
I'm cleaning my living room...oh and watching Farewell I while I'm at it!

zeldabjr
10-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Watching Sunset Boulevard. What a depressing movie!

yeah it is depressing but soooo good...Gloria Swanson was amazing in it...and I adore William Holden...I loooovve old movies!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Yep, Ilove old movies too.
SUnset ...was depressing but Gloria was fantastic in it....
I get loving the oldtime movies from MY late mom and JAhhs mom.'
SOmetimes its fun to test her memory ...

I like you all agree that I was glad it was fri...Love to watch CsiNY and BLuE BLoods but was so tired I slept through half of them..lol

Today I am going to my friends horse farm .
she ia an author and has an open house every year so we go to show support.
Ita a beautiful day in the neighborhood so It will be fun .
Hope its sunny a nd warm and beautiful where you all are now and that its a great saturday for all

Grey Sadler
10-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm back from swimming laps...and my hair's still wet!
Gonna watch some Tarheel Football and tidy up the bedroom...maybe do some sewing...

zeldabjr
10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
got this sudden urge to rearrange the furniture in my bedroom!

10-06-2012, 02:07 PM
I actually saw the Broadway version on Sunset Boulevard in St. Louis so that stands out in my mind more than the movie's. Yes - it may be dark, but it was superbly done. I was thoroughly entertained.

sodascouts
10-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Waiting to board the plane to New York!

WalshFan88
10-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Have a safe trip!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Ya soa

have a safe journey.
tt

VAisForEagleLovers
10-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Watching Joe on NFL Countdown!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
WoW is he good???

zeldabjr
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
WoW is he good???

Joe is the best!!!...I love it....Joe and football!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
we dont get espn so ...cant see
but the steelers are killing the eagles

Topkat
10-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Watching Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones, Tour from 1972, OMG, Mick singing BITCH........Love that!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Just finished watching revenge,,,,,cant wait for nashville to come on next week.
I am making a necklace with seed beads(ugh)

this will be pretty when I am done if I dont scream uncle first

lizzyplays
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Watching Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones, Tour from 1972, OMG, Mick singing BITCH........Love that!

One of my fave Stones songs!! I gotta go play it now...

Tiffanny Twisted
10-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey Stones fans...
I got a cool vintage stones sweatshirt hoodie on sale at macys today
In the men's dept by sean john clothes...
vintage tour tees too
I got two different sweat shirt hoodies for my sons godparents for xmas.''check it out. really cool!! shudda got one for me too.oh well.....guess i can buy the hotel calif hoodie noe i saw on the eagles site right???

zeldabjr
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
rearranging the bedroom furniture...again!...didn't feel right the way I did it the other day...bad Feng shui...lol

VAisForEagleLovers
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Drinking wine. I have today off (Columbus Day). It shouldn't feel like Monday. And yet...

zeldabjr
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I like what you're doing better than what I'm doing...I think I should have some wine while I move my furniture!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-08-2012, 06:20 PM
boy that sounds like a good idea.
I have to quick clean up the kitchen then go to the church hall. I volunteered to help make crafts to sell to raise money fir the missions at the christmas bizzar. It goes back to the promise I made to my son before he went to chicago to be active in his church since he cants. They have a wonderful woman group called LOLA( Ladys of Our lady of the assumption) . They are the same group who did vera bradley bingo.
Winder if they "ll have wine????lol

zeldabjr
10-08-2012, 06:49 PM
boy that sounds like a good idea.
I have to quick clean up the kitchen then go to the church hall. I volunteered to help make crafts to sell to raise money fir the missions at the christmas bizzar. It goes back to the promise I made to my son before he went to chicago to be active in his church since he cants. They have a wonderful woman group called LOLA( Ladys of Our lady of the assumption) . They are the same group who did vera bradley bingo.
Winder if they "ll have wine????lol

awe....you're a good mom to keep your promise to your son...and a good churchgoer...you'll have to explain Vera Bradley bingo...sounds like fun!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
You play Bingo (I suck at...Ineed a slot machines with blazing 7's)
each round the prize is a vera bradley handbag.
There were 20 bags all shapes and sizzes and smaller items.If two people get bingo then they do a draw the high card and the winner gets the bag and the loser gets a consalation item (also vera bradley) like,placemats, memo pads. odds and ends. Vera bradley bingo..prizes are vera bradley handbags.
They also did a 50/50 and a chinese auction.
I won nothing that night but had a blast and spent losts of money but it all went to the missions.
Tonight , we made bookmarkers from buttons and beads and ribbons and leather. My friend and I had two cuted young ladies who were so creative.
They will sell the bookmarkers at the christmas bazar and the money goes to the missions. I took their pictures together and I am gonna put it in a frame with a sign that says.handmade with love by Lauren and MIllie.
Some other ladies were working on kitchen angles and someone made a hot plate holder out of cork and fabric.
Dont laugh...I kept trying to make jewelery out of old funky buttons to make pins.( I make jewelery to save my sanity) but I degress.....
I had so much fun now I am wired but I need to go to bed. HAvde been up since 530am.

did I answer the question??

zeldabjr
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
You play Bingo (I suck at...Ineed a slot machines with blazing 7's)
each round the prize is a vera bradley handbag.
There were 20 bags all shapes and sizzes and smaller items.If two people get bingo then they do a draw the high card and the winner gets the bag and the loser gets a consalation item (also vera bradley) like,placemats, memo pads. odds and ends. Vera bradley bingo..prizes are vera bradley handbags.
They also did a 50/50 and a chinese auction.
I won nothing that night but had a blast and spent losts of money but it all went to the missions.
Tonight , we made bookmarkers from buttons and beads and ribbons and leather. My friend and I had two cuted young ladies who were so creative.
They will sell the bookmarkers at the christmas bazar and the money goes to the missions. I took their pictures together and I am gonna put it in a frame with a sign that says.handmade with love by Lauren and MIllie.
Some other ladies were working on kitchen angles and someone made a hot plate holder out of cork and fabric.
Dont laugh...I kept trying to make jewelery out of old funky buttons to make pins.( I make jewelery to save my sanity) but I degress.....
I had so much fun now I am wired but I need to go to bed. HAvde been up since 530am.

did I answer the question??

oh you did...I stink at Bingo....but would love to win a VB bag!

Midnight_Flyer
10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Watching a uk quiz show called The Chase

Tiffanny Twisted
10-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Ok siking ,myself up to clean up the dishes from dinner.
I know I sound like a broken record but ugh

EaglesKiwi
10-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Oh, you've just reminded me I need to hunt out a church fair to find another food-carrier... I had one years ago made out of a circle of padded fabric on the bottom, a donut-shape sewn on top with a drawstring around the hole part, and handles attached - you put your hot baking dish into it straight out of the oven and can then carry it round to somebody's house...

... and church fairs are the only place to find that sort of thing!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
KiWi,

It was kinda cool. Looked like they were cutting the fabric over the cork.It had four triangles that met in the middle and tied with a handle.You could open one side to slide out your cassarole dish. It looked really intresting but remeber I burn dinner regularly so my sister in law knows to asign me salad..and she tells me to make sure I bring the kind in a bag so I dont screw that up either..lol
Next time we meet is on the 2oth so I will find out more about them then and if you want me to get u one and mail it out...just send me a pm

On that day we are there from 800am to 200pm and the ladies are gonna cook too. They make italian wedding soup from scratch and sell it by the quart and it flys out the door.
Me as my friend pointed out , I am a" artist" who is working with "crafty people". lol But it was fun working with these kids and the other ladies.

Now..I gotta learn how to sew cause I want to make a quilt...one of the other ladies said she would try and help me with that.
Boy Am I having fun.....

oh well off to the post office..time to mail out a mom care package to chicago.

zeldabjr
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
KiWi,

It was kinda cool. Looked like they were cutting the fabric over the cork.It had four triangles that met in the middle and tied with a handle.You could open one side to slide out your cassarole dish. It looked really intresting but remeber I burn dinner regularly so my sister in law knows to asign me salad..and she tells me to make sure I bring the kind in a bag so I dont screw that up either..lol
Next time we meet is on the 2oth so I will find out more about them then and if you want me to get u one and mail it out...just send me a pm

On that day we are there from 800am to 200pm and the ladies are gonna cook too. They make italian wedding soup from scratch and sell it by the quart and it flys out the door.
Me as my friend pointed out , I am a" artist" who is working with "crafty people". lol But it was fun working with these kids and the other ladies.

Now..I gotta learn how to sew cause I want to make a quilt...one of the other ladies said she would try and help me with that.
Boy Am I having fun.....

oh well off to the post office..time to mail out a mom care package to chicago.

ahh but what would you put in an Eagles care package?:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Bre...thats a good thought for the day. I will think on my long ride to the docotrs.(Usually JAhh and I do it together and do lunch but I am flying solo today)
Off the top for Glenn we gotta put in balls (aka golf).

And as I am thinking about this ...and saying I get get my butt out the door.....My fave just came on the radio..Hotel California..lol
Pink champagin on ice.

He this should be a thread.
What would you put in an eagles Care package???
What do you think???

OOH the obvious answer would be...BOrders in the care package right???

Wildthyme
10-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Like every morning for the last few months I was up at 4 am baking. As a way to make a little more income, I bake for my family business during the summer and early fall. Today I am making biscotti--Gingerbread and Mocha Chip so far. I am also trying to come up with a couple more autumn style goodies to make. Lately I have been making apple crisp, pumpkin pie, zucchini bread, cranberry orange bread, pumpkin bars, apple oatmeal bars, and an assortment of biscotti. My best selling peach cobbler is done for the season which is too bad when I am trying to scrape together enough money to make my mortgage :)

VAisForEagleLovers
10-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Like every morning for the last few months I was up at 4 am baking. As a way to make a little more income, I bake for my family business during the summer and early fall. Today I am making biscotti--Gingerbread and Mocha Chip so far. I am also trying to come up with a couple more autumn style goodies to make. Lately I have been making apple crisp, pumpkin pie, zucchini bread, cranberry orange bread, pumpkin bars, apple oatmeal bars, and an assortment of biscotti. My best selling peach cobbler is done for the season which is too bad when I am trying to scrape together enough money to make my mortgage :)

I have a good recipe for Cranberry Apple coffee cake. I took it for a celebration at church and one guy ate it and walked up to me and said, "Wow, I had no idea I liked cranberries." It's from Southern Living. Let me know if you want it.

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Mmmmmmm all of these dishes sound yummy

I'm watching Dallas - the new season!

sodascouts
10-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Sounds delicious, Cami!

I just finished watching Nashville. Not bad!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-11-2012, 06:38 AM
getting ready for work. ugh...
our busy day with post op patients

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2012, 06:12 PM
What do you work at Tiff? Are you a Nurse?

I'm thinking about going to bed! :zzz:

zeldabjr
10-11-2012, 09:47 PM
doing my "dirty laundry" and watching football

Midnight_Flyer
10-12-2012, 05:41 AM
watching Spongebob Squarepants :D

Brooke
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Getting ready to go to my third day of jury duty. Ugh!

Wildthyme
10-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a good recipe for Cranberry Apple coffee cake. I took it for a celebration at church and one guy ate it and walked up to me and said, "Wow, I had no idea I liked cranberries." It's from Southern Living. Let me know if you want it.

Sounds delicious...if you are willing to share VA I would love to have it...that is the kind of recipe that I look for to use produce from our family orchards.... and right now that is apples....lots of apples :)

VAisForEagleLovers
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Sounds delicious...if you are willing to share VA I would love to have it...that is the kind of recipe that I look for to use produce from our family orchards.... and right now that is apples....lots of apples :)

I'll put it here in case others want it. This particular cookbook has a LOT of apple recipes. I'll see if I can get others that look good to you.

Upside-Down Cranberry Apple Coffee Cake
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
1 cup finely chopped, unpeeled cooking apple
1/2 cup sugar (white granulated table sugar, not Sugar) :grin:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (need I repeat it?)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Spoon mixture into a greased 8-inch round cakepan, set aside. Combine flour and remaining 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter over cranberry mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm (zapping for 30 seconds in a microwave later works, too).

Troubadour
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Essay-writing. Oh joy! At least I am at home for the weekend and I have Maisie nestled in the crook of my arm, fast asleep. :heart:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Yay! I bet Maisie's happy, too!

Troubadour
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM
She is. Very! She hasn't left my lap all day.

WalshFan88
10-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Watching a movie! I've seen it 100 times before though (Step Brothers).

lizzyplays
10-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Watching 70's rock gods on YouTube... thinking about how REO Speedwagon is not REO without Gary Richrath and how I'd love to pinch Kevin Cronin's head off and wishing long hair on men would come back in style (if only for a year maybe?) and wondering where Jim Morrison got off to.....

zeldabjr
10-13-2012, 02:35 AM
watching Farewell I and playing Mahjong

Troubadour
10-13-2012, 09:22 AM
So close to finishing my essay... It will be nice to have it out of the way!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM
ooh zelda havent played that game since I was a kid..dont remember how.

anyway,cooking my sat morning big breakfast and making a food shopping list.
guess you know what I will be doing this after noon.

Henley Honey
10-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Enjoying a lazy Sunday morning with a cup of pumpkin-spice coffee while listening to After Hours. Heaven.

Grey Sadler
10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Laundry, laundry, laundry...and trying out my new headphones from Wal-Mart :partytime:

SallyGee
10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Watching The Walking Dead

Tiffanny Twisted
10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
trying not to fall asleep while I am waiting for Revenge to come on the tv while I wait for the last load of perma press to come out of the dryer. lol

sorry to say ..sleep might win out.
:hilarious:

zeldabjr
10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
watching football

zeldabjr
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
I'll put it here in case others want it. This particular cookbook has a LOT of apple recipes. I'll see if I can get others that look good to you.

Upside-Down Cranberry Apple Coffee Cake
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
1 cup finely chopped, unpeeled cooking apple
1/2 cup sugar (white granulated table sugar, not Sugar) :grin:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (need I repeat it?)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Spoon mixture into a greased 8-inch round cakepan, set aside. Combine flour and remaining 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter over cranberry mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm (zapping for 30 seconds in a microwave later works, too).

I sat here looking at this recipe like a fool trying to figure out the sugar thing...then...duh...I got it....you call your's "Sugar"....I'll call mine "Sweet 'n Low"....lol

Midnight_Flyer
10-15-2012, 06:24 AM
watching Meet Me In St Louis

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 06:27 AM
OOh thats a great old movie.
I love old Judy GArland movies.
I usta watch them with my mmother in law.

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 02:12 PM
watching Meet Me In St Louis

oh I love that movie!...TCM is my favorite channel!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Ok...I have a kitchen to clean up after actually cooking dinner...lol

And not like I dont have things that need to get done...but I am making some funky pins to sell at the church bizzar. I am a creative chick by nature and I had an idea...so her I sit trying to make it work. As my friend says there are artists and there are crafty people and I am an artist. ..:hilarious: lol

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a messy kitchen to clean up too...I just made VA's Cranberry Apple Coffee Cake...although I've sort of lost my appetite now!:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Zelda, let me know how it turns out when you get your appetite back. :grin:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
can we make itv gluten free? allergys

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Zelda, let me know how it turns out when you get your appetite back. :grin:

yeah I will smarty!:nahnah:

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I must be crazy...now I'm making soup..

WalshFan88
10-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Just ate frozen pizza and now wanting something else. Also waiting impatiently for a midnight release of an album I preordered on iTunes. Someone got me an iTunes card for my birthday and I mainly bought apps with it because I hate digital downloads but I went ahead and preordered it. It should be very surprising to those that know me well, not only because it's an iTunes download but also who's album it is... I'll keep it a secret...for now. :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 10:36 PM
:eyebrow::eyebrow:who???

WalshFan88
10-15-2012, 10:39 PM
:eyebrow::eyebrow:who???

Well if I told you it wouldn't be a secret, would it?! :hilarious: I'll wait til I can hear it then I'll post here what it was.

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Well if I told you it wouldn't be a secret, would it?! :hilarious: I'll wait til I can hear it then I'll post here what it was.

Austin ...you're such a tease!:hilarious::hilarious:

WalshFan88
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Austin ...you're such a tease!:hilarious::hilarious:

:nahnah::hilarious: I'll give you a hint. It isn't classic rock but sounds a lot like it to my ears guitar-wise. Another hint - I mainly am buying it for the actual music and not so much the lyrics. :rofl:

WalshFan88
10-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Ok... I just listened to the whole thing...

It's Jason Aldean's new album Night Train. It has some amazing guitar on it and the lyrics aren't that bad but the guitar is pure 70s rock sound. Gone are the days of the twangy country for the mainstream. It's now Les Pauls or PRS with Marshalls.

So yes, surprising but it is a great album. Great production too - very good quality.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
cool review austin.
never would ave guessed Jason ALden.
Sounds like a good cd.
enjoy it

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Having my lunch - warm chicken and nacho salad with soured cream dressing. Almost as yummy as Glenn :heart:

WalshFan88
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
cool review austin.
never would ave guessed Jason ALden.
Sounds like a good cd.
enjoy it

Yeah I knew it'd be a surprise. Really great guitar work and mostly good lyrics/singing.

Freypower
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I've never heard of him, so I don't have an opinion on whether it's a surprise or not. :eyebrow:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
FP, he's a new country singer.

Austin, I saw him on an episode of Crossroads with Bryan Adams. I wasn't really impressed, but it was more his personality. He was rather arrogant and I thought rude to Bryan. I don't remember him playing guitar on the show, and of course they didn't show his guitar players on camera much. He sounded good enough, but I remember thinking that if he was the face of young country I'd stick with Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney.

I guess it's worth listening again.

WalshFan88
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
FP, he's a new country singer.

Austin, I saw him on an episode of Crossroads with Bryan Adams. I wasn't really impressed, but it was more his personality. He was rather arrogant and I thought rude to Bryan. I don't remember him playing guitar on the show, and of course they didn't show his guitar players on camera much. He sounded good enough, but I remember thinking that if he was the face of young country I'd stick with Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney.

I guess it's worth listening again.

Hmm.. He does have great songs and his guitar players are great. Kurt Allison in particular is a great guitarist with a very rock edge to it.

The reason I like him is because he has a very classic rock sound. Guys like Jackson, Strait, or older country is not my thing. It's too country. To me most modern country sounds like 70s rock with some country lyrics on it. Gone are the days of the twangy Telecaster stuff. Now country music is Les Pauls and Marshall stacks and rock. I'm fine with that. Maybe it'd be different if I liked traditional/classic country music but I don't. I've often said modern country (Aldean, Bryan, Church, Gilbert, etc) are closer to classic rock than this crap they call modern rock could ever dream of being. It's more my sound. To me most modern country (leaving out pop country stuff like Swift, Underwood, Hayes, etc) has a very old school rock guitar sound.

zeldabjr
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
yeah Austin...I was surprised that you were talking about Jason Aldean...a friend of mine likes him a lot but I've not heard him...will check him out.. what made you want his CD?

zeldabjr
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I just got home from a computer class...the class itself was fine...but I had to look at the instructor's Pittburgh Penguins shirt the whole time....:yuck: :ack::-D

WalshFan88
10-16-2012, 07:04 PM
yeah Austin...I was surprised that you were talking about Jason Aldean...a friend of mine likes him a lot but I've not heard him...will check him out.. what made you want his CD?

Mainly the guitar sound and the fact I liked one of his songs a lot on his last album (Tattoos On This Town).

VAisForEagleLovers
10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Hmm.. He does have great songs and his guitar players are great. Kurt Allison in particular is a great guitarist with a very rock edge to it.

The reason I like him is because he has a very classic rock sound. Guys like Jackson, Strait, or older country is not my thing. It's too country. To me most modern country sounds like 70s rock with some country lyrics on it. Gone are the days of the twangy Telecaster stuff. Now country music is Les Pauls and Marshall stacks and rock. I'm fine with that. Maybe it'd be different if I liked traditional/classic country music but I don't. I've often said modern country (Aldean, Bryan, Church, Gilbert, etc) are closer to classic rock than this crap they call modern rock could ever dream of being. It's more my sound. To me most modern country (leaving out pop country stuff like Swift, Underwood, Hayes, etc) has a very old school rock guitar sound.

I totally agree with what you're saying, that's closer to Classic Rock. Even going back ten years or so to Montgomery Gentry and quite a few others. I listened to country all the time until I got SiriusXM. I didn't like their country stations and I loved their Classic Rock stations. Now, I buy CDs of artists I know I like, but I don't listen to much new stuff.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
I just got home from a computer class...the class itself was fine...but I had to look at the instructor's Pittburgh Penguins shirt the whole time....:yuck: :ack::-D

I LOVE it!!!! Your instructor is obviously a cool person! I just got back from running errands in a Steeler shirt. Got a lot looks and comments. Some of them even good.

EaglesKiwi
10-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Getting ready for a weekend away. :partytime: Yes, it's dog-related. Obsessed? Moi??!

What's going to be really nice is that hubby is joining me on Saturday night. I'm driving south 2 hours to the dog show and camping Fri/Sat/Sun nights. He's driving 3 hours south on Saturday morning, will spend a few hours mountain biking in the Rotorua forest, then come back up to me for the night & go down for another day riding on Sunday. We originally planned to travel together, but he had work issues.

Kids will be with their grandparents! :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-17-2012, 09:44 AM
sounds like a nice weekend....and when you have a road block (work issues) on the way...you learn to detour (work it out).

be kind to him ...he'e trying very hard to make it work out and have a blast.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-17-2012, 09:45 AM
having tea...needed to calm my I am overwhelmed feeling right now and not have a full blown panic attack.

Grey Sadler
10-17-2012, 10:21 AM
:hug: TT

Tiffanny Twisted
10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
:hug: TT

AAh...Amy... I needed that .Thank you:heart:

lizzyplays
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Getting ready to leave with mom for our night out! We're going shopping first, then out to eat dinner, and then... we're off to see Led Zeppelin's "Celebration Day" at the movies! :blueblob:

My mom is so 8)

Btw, I am wearing one of my new Las Vegas Eagles concert t-shirts :grin:

zeldabjr
10-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I know you and mom will love it....can't wait to hear about it!

Troubadour
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
How fun - enjoy!

Brooke
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
lp, have fun! Sounds like you will!

I'm at work, listening to the Cardinals game on the radio. 0-0 2nd inning. :nervous:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-17-2012, 05:18 PM
burning dinner cant you smell it?????

Grey Sadler
10-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Ripping the 3 EAGLES cds (replacing what I have on vinyl-only!!) I bought tonight to my computer...plus the other new ones I bought last week (including one by Mr. Frey :p)...

zeldabjr
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
burning dinner cant you smell it?????

were you looking at Timothy pictures again?...oh wait that was me ...oops:grin:...

zeldabjr
10-19-2012, 10:52 AM
getting ready to go out for a fish "frey" with a friend!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-19-2012, 07:58 PM
were you looking at Timothy pictures again?...oh wait that was me ...oops:grin:...
no silly gf butt pictures lol:smitten:

Henley Honey
10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Getting ready to leave with mom for our night out! We're going shopping first, then out to eat dinner, and then... we're off to see Led Zeppelin's "Celebration Day" at the movies! :blueblob:

My mom is so 8)

Btw, I am wearing one of my new Las Vegas Eagles concert t-shirts :grin:

Then you'll look as cool as your mother!!! Enjoy!

Grey Sadler
10-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Getting ready to take a shower and hit the hay...actually had to work the Face Painting table for the ball game (our annual Pink-Out game for breast cancer awareness)...long, weird week since yesterday was Parent-Teacher Conference day (students out, teachers available for meetings).

...but we won our game (30-16), I came home with pink beads (thanks Student Council/French Club!), a pot of white mums (thanks FFA!)...and a tummy full of COTTON CANDY :drool: (thanks HOSA!!) that I bought at the other tables.

zeldabjr
10-19-2012, 11:27 PM
GS...glad you won your game...sounds like you had a great time...

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 12:17 AM
going to try and go to bed ..have to be at the church hall tomorrow to try and finish up the crafts with the kids.
Gathered somethings but it has been a difficult day.I am tired but afraid that my mind wont shut off as I hit the pillow.
Looking forward to be around these great people .

saying my prayers for my god son.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Congrats on the ballgame, GS!

TT - hope you managed to get some sleep!

For myself, I just got back from the doctor's office. A regular check up, but they got in new software and what a painful transition that was! Good grief. Now, the neighbors have reached their favorite time of year. When I go out with the leaf blower and dance around the yard to music. I use the noise cancelling headphones so I don't have to hear myself sing, but they do. Today, they'll get to hear me slaughter every song on the After Hours album.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
VA-
have fun..Its a house chore but someones gotta do it right??

I am lsiting to hammer while the "russian mob" tries to flip the house next door..Not one of them speaks english..lol just banging away.

lucas's platelits are up. they are gonna let her nurse him for the first time this afternoon...
Now that I've been with the kids...time for a nap but I will fall aslee[p to banging .lol

Brooke
10-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Baking cookies and catching up here!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
looking at pictures of my new god son:heart:

zeldabjr
10-22-2012, 09:01 PM
shredding a basketful of junk mail and watching Monday Night Football....I always say I'm gonna shred things as I get them so I don't accumulate a whole basketful....but I never do!

Troubadour
10-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I've just got back from seeing 'Looper' at the cinema after uni. I'm just relaxing now and catching up with The Border and listening to some music.