PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

Ive always been a dreamer
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Today is a pretty important day in Eagles history - it is the 14th anniversary of the band's 1998 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

We celebrate this every year here on The Border, but I thought it was odd that we didn't actually have a thread dedicated to this important event in the band's history; therefore, I have rectified that oversight. :wink:

Of course, this event remains the one and only time to date that all seven present and former members have appeared on the same stage together.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesRRHOF.jpg

Congratulations Bernie, Joe, Don H., Timothy, Don F., Glenn, and Randy!!!

Brooke
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats guys!

Quote:this event remains the one and only time to date that all seven present and former members have appeared on the same stage together.

Something tells me this will never happen again! Just can't see it! :lol:

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 08:48 PM
An epic moment. Indeed, it's very likely it won't happen again... but you never know!

Check out some vids:

Jimmy Buffet's pre-induction speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UmNsKjWQAs

Speeches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Bka8wbKwQ

The seven Eagles perform Take It Easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGeh1X-GI0A

The seven Eagles perform Hotel California:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ig-rgeXpF8

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Wonderful listening to all those speeches, and listening to all that wonderful music all over again.

Brooke
01-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh wow! I loved listening to that all again too! Thanks for posting it. I probably wouldn't have if you hadn't.

I loved Glenn's speech. Perfect!

Now, about the hair. Guys, if you're reading, please take note!

Glenn's looks good, but a little short for my tastes. Much better nowdays.

Timothy's and Don H's is fabulous.

Joe, love your long bleached hair now. Don't you dare cut it short!

Don F-yours is much better short now. Funny how it looks better on some than others!

Randy-if yours is still long, you need to cut it. Just doesn't do anything for you that long.

Bernie-bald is better for you! :lol:

JMO!

sodascouts
01-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Agree on all points!

Freypower
01-19-2012, 04:23 PM
In my opinion Felder looked better then, when he had the beard (when I saw them in 1995 he had a beard). I don't really like his current appearance.

sodascouts
01-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, I do think his current look might be a bit too tucked. The man has obviously had work done on his face. Still, I think his body looks more fit now.

EaglesKiwi
01-21-2012, 03:27 AM
Well, I do think his current look might be a bit too tucked. The man has obviously had work done on his face. Still, I think his body looks more fit now.
Thank you for being the first to say it. I thought the same thing, but worried I was being ungracious...

Otherwise I agree with all of Brooke's comments!

7BridgesDH
02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I love how the only person that looks REMOTELY happy in the group photo is Glenn...

It's a shame that the personality BS has trumped the music.

sodascouts
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't know - most of them seemed pretty honored, if not smiling ear to ear - at least in my opinion.

As for conflict - what, you didn't buy Glenn's claim in his acceptance speech that the Eagles were all happiness and love the vast majority of the time, only fighting a teensy weensy bit once in a blue moon? ;)

The thing I really wish could have happened was that the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac could have jammed together at the end (the Mac was inducted the same year). Both of my favorite bands performing together onstage would have been beyond awesome.

TimothyBFan
02-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't know - most of them seemed pretty honored, if not smiling ear to ear - at least in my opinion.

Timothy seemed to be beyond humbled!!!

The thing I really wish could have happened was that the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac could have jammed together at the end (the Mac was inducted the same year). Both of my favorite bands performing together onstage would have been beyond awesome.

Can you even imagine?!?!?!? I remember a couple summers ago when rumor was they were going out for some stadium shows together then it fell through, we talked about how freaking cool that would be!!! Never know---maybe some day.

sodascouts
02-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh my gosh, I remember that rumor. I'm hardly an insider, but I do know a few Fleetwood Mac fans who work for some of the parties involved and they said talks had gotten very far before breaking down. This info came from people working in two different camps, so I believe it.

If that had happened... I would have gone to every show I could have! I would have considered $200 a bargain! I would have sucked up shorter set lists as a necessity because there were two freaking awesome bands to hear and only a limited amount of time. I would have even shelled out for the premium seats at least once. Dang, it makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it.

Now, admittedly, I'm a hard core of both the Eagles and FM and I don't speak for everyone, but when it was announced that instead they'd be touring with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban (plus the infamous JD and the Straight Shot)... well, let's just say I felt differently.

On the bright side, I sure spent a lot less money than I would have if the Eagles/FM tour had happened. As it was, I only went to one show and was not tempted to pay more than face value for the ticket.

02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Yep a Fleetwood Mac and Eagles joint tour would be awesome for sure! And I think when you see the entire segments of the Eagles' HOF induction and performances, they all do appear to be very humbled, proud, and honored.

GlennLover
02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
And I think when you see the entire segments of the Eagles' HOF induction and performances, they all do appear to be very humbled, proud, and honored.

I agree with you, Dreamer. I never thought that they took their success for granted. The clips at the end of F1 are further evidence of this.

01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Just want to come in here to congratulate the band on the 15th anniversary of their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Wow - hard to believe it's been that long ago. They were inducted in their first year of eligibility, which was 25 years after the release of their first album.

sodascouts
01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd forgotten we had a thread for it and put a note about it in "This Day in Eagles History." It is definitely a day to be commemorated.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I love that induction speech ...I just think felder was a little full of himself. I also loved their performance and how humble Timmy was ....such a class guy

01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Yep - I just posted in there as well. I guess we're cross-posting. :wink:

But it doesn't hurt to have it both places I guess since it was such a momentous occasion.

sodascouts
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
One thing I posted in there was that an unedited (or at least less edited) version of the speeches is available here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimediafunstuffvideo.htm

01-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Reviving this thread because once again, today is an important day in Eagles history. It is the anniversary of the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It happened this day in 1996 - hard to believe it was 16 years ago!

shunlvswx
01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
I remembered watching the ceremony on tv. I loved that year. The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, The Mamas and The Papas and Santana.

I remembered saying to myself. Who were those other guys. I didn't know about Randy and Bernie back then. I only knew DonH, Glenn, DonF, Timothy and Joe.

I still have my VHS tape. I need to find it.

I wonder if Don said hello Stevie that night.

Happy 16th Anniversary!!!

thelastresort
01-13-2014, 07:29 AM
My oh my their speeches were so awkward, you could tell none of them really wanted to be there together. Huge respect for Joe's suit and Glenn's speech though.

shunlvswx
01-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Happy 18th Anniversary of the guys being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. I remembered watching that year. I remembered that that year I knew everybody that was being inducted and loved their music.

LuvTim
01-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Happy Anniversary, guys. You deserved this and so much more.
We love ya!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

AlreadyGone95
01-13-2016, 03:12 AM
Happy Anniversary. A well deserved honor!

NightMistBlue
01-13-2016, 10:21 AM
My oh my their speeches were so awkward, you could tell none of them really wanted to be there together. Huge respect for Joe's suit and Glenn's speech though.

I thought Timothy's speech was very, very classy. Showed what kind of person he is. Judging from the comments on YouTube, many feel the same.

Kudos to gentleman Tim!

LuvTim
01-13-2016, 11:46 AM
I thought Timothy's speech was very, very classy. Showed what kind of person he is. Judging from the comments on YouTube, many feel the same.

Kudos to gentleman Tim!
So true.
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

01-13-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm a day late, but congrats once again to our guys on the anniversary of their induction into the R&R HOF.

I'm grateful that we got to see all seven band members on the same stage that night and feel they all were well-spoken on such a historic occasion.

DJ
01-13-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm also late but Congratulations guys, you all deserve it. THANK YOU for all the great music :heart:

Brooke
01-13-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm late, too, but congrats again to the guys! What an amazing band!

sodascouts
01-13-2016, 10:42 PM
A well-deserved honor indeed. I'm also very glad that for that one night, we were able to have all seven of them.

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:37 AM
that was a pretty incredible night.

Timothy B was so gracious with Randy.

Now HE is a class act

Outlawman13
01-25-2016, 12:55 AM
I watched this as well and loved it!!! I loved seeing all 7 of them playing and rocking out like the old times!! Love the Eagles forever!!