PDA

View Full Version : Eagles add new show in Atlanta, 5/02

VAisForEagleLovers
03-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Just getting ready to get off the computer for the night and hit refresh on the VIP Nation screen. They've added a show in Atlanta for 5/02! It just says 'coming soon', doesn't say when tix will go on sale. I don't see it on Ticketmaster yet.

sodascouts
03-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, VA!

Hmm, maybe I can make this one! I know, I'm going to Jazz Fest a few days later, but if I can get a good seat...

ETA: Shoot, it's a Wednesday. Doesn't look good for me.

Henley Honey
03-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Hmmmm . Flight change in my future? Was gonna fly in on the 3rd anyway, so . . . . . . :???: I could change it to the 2nd. . . . .

Henley Honey
03-08-2012, 10:59 AM
eaglesband.com is showing Amex presale 3/12 - 3/16 and to general public 3/17/12.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to make such decisions while running a fever and battling the flu. I'll think about it over the weekend, hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
It's on TM now, but only a link for the VIP tickets. VIP Online has changed from 'coming soon' to the presale being 3/12 and the public sale being on 3/14 (not 3/16 like it shows on the band's website).

sodascouts
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Turns out that because this show falls on finals week, I don't have class after all. That means I can go!

It will be rather grueling to drive 6 hours to Atlanta on May 2 and then drive 6 hours to Mississippi and and 3 more hours to New Orleans on May 3, but I'll manage it. I've driven longer shifts before to see my faves!

Henley Honey
03-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Me and VA are in as well!! :blueblob: We'll stick around for the 5/4 show too. Might as well since we'll be in the neighborhood!

Brooke
03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Diehards, I tell ya! :cool:

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
OK, got the tix bright and early today -- me, VA and Soda -- good to go! :partytime::partytime::partytime: It'll be a repeat of the NYU lecture attendees -- minus the note taking!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm so excited, I can't wait!! May 2 and May 4...unbelievable!

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm so excited, I can't wait!! May 2 and May 4...unbelievable!

It's especially unbelievable when you consider we weren't going to go to either show -- now we're going to both. Oopsie.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Oopsie, indeed!

EaglesKiwi
03-14-2012, 03:57 AM
You two are BAD! :rofl:

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Dang, I wish I could make the May 2 show as well, but I'm excited to be going to my first ever Eagles concert on the 4th!! I can't wait to meet up with you guys, before/after the last concert. I wouldn't mind trying to swing one of the solo Glenn shows as well, but was waiting to see if he came closer to NC. I suppose the DC show is the closest to me. Anyways... back to Atlanta... this is going to be the longest 50 days ever!!! :nod:

Henley Honey
04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Maybe Stevie will make it a "two-off" and open for them in Atlanta too!!
There's nothing on her schedule that would cause a conflict.

Please, Please, Please, powers that be. Make it happen!!!

Soda, I think I'd have to bring oxygen and smelling salts for you and VA if she were to open for them in Atlanta. Front row for Stevie AND the Eagles? Unbelievable. :pray:

sodascouts
04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Two words: I. WISH.

Henley Honey
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Two words: I. WISH.

ME. TOO.

zeldabjr
04-02-2012, 12:50 AM
I will not sleep tonight. My dream of Atlanta may still happen. I just got off the phone with my friend in Raleigh. She will go if her husband will drive... I should not get my hopes up again, but I can't help it!:partytime:

EaglesKiwi
04-02-2012, 04:21 AM
I will not sleep tonight. My dream of Atlanta may still happen. I just got off the phone with my friend in Raleigh. She will go if her husband will drive... I should not get my hopes up again, but I can't help it!:partytime:
I have fingers crossed for you!

Brooke
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Me too zelda. :pray:

GlennLover
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM

:blueblob::pray:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Zelda, it would be so cool to meet you!!

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Here's hoping!

Henley Honey
04-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Fingers crossed for you, Zelda. Maybe we'll see you in

30 days!!!

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Excitement!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizzyplays
04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Zelda, will you be staying over night after the May 2nd concert? I am driving down on the 3rd and am hoping to meet any Borderers in town that day. I know a couple will be at the May 4th show too.

I'm can't even contain my excitement and it's still a month to go!! I'm still hoping that my friend will go with me to New Orleans to the Jazz Fest and catch the Eagles on the 5th, there. Or at the least, let me go alone, free of guilt from ditching our plans. :-/

zeldabjr
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I am actually very calm right now on the outside, but inside:partytime::thumbsup: It looks like Atlanta IS A GO!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
As I just reminded HH, 29 days to one and 31 to the other! Let us know, Zelda when you know for sure.

zeldabjr
04-03-2012, 07:04 PM
As I just reminded HH, 29 days to one and 31 to the other! Let us know, Zelda when you know for sure.

Hi VK I am going crazy. The friends I am going with are supposed to be getting the tickets today from Ticketmaster. I went on the site and there are still tickets available. I even told them where I'd like to sit if possible. They like the Eagles but don't LOVE them. They would never understand this board. My friend said she will call me as soon as they have them. How long does it take.. a few min right? Then we have to decide where to stay and get a flight for me.. these should be no problem. I just get nervous when other people are responsible for the tickets. Also nervous about Sabres game tonight... a must win for us I think. I just made a pot of coffee...should have made decaf. I tried to listen to boys this afternoon... had to turn it off... too nervous. Will update as soon as I hear. thanks for listening. Brenda J

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi VK I am going crazy. The friends I am going with are supposed to be getting the tickets today from Ticketmaster. I went on the site and there are still tickets available. I even told them where I'd like to sit if possible. They like the Eagles but don't LOVE them. They would never understand this board. My friend said she will call me as soon as they have them. How long does it take.. a few min right? Then we have to decide where to stay and get a flight for me.. these should be no problem. I just get nervous when other people are responsible for the tickets. Also nervous about Sabres game tonight... a must win for us I think. I just made a pot of coffee...should have made decaf. I tried to listen to boys this afternoon... had to turn it off... too nervous. Will update as soon as I hear. thanks for listening. Brenda J

Yes, it takes maybe five minutes if you make a lot of mistakes typing in your credit card info. Less if you don't. I can see why it's driving you crazy! We're playing Boston tonight, I'm downing a lot of wine in preparation!

zeldabjr
04-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Zelda, will you be staying over night after the May 2nd concert? I am driving down on the 3rd and am hoping to meet any Borderers in town that day. I know a couple will be at the May 4th show too.

I'm can't even contain my excitement and it's still a month to go!! I'm still hoping that my friend will go with me to New Orleans to the Jazz Fest and catch the Eagles on the 5th, there. Or at the least, let me go alone, free of guilt from ditching our plans. :-/

Hi Lizzy, Yeah we are planning to stay over...don't know where yet. I don't know if you saw my previous post... am very nervous about other people getting the tickerts... they just don't get it. How did you get your ticket? Does Ticketmaster send it via mail or what? Did you look at the venue online? looks beautiful. will talk later or please feel free to call me. Maybe we can keep each other calm!

zeldabjr
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes, it takes maybe five minutes if you make a lot of mistakes typing in your credit card info. Less if you don't. I can see why it's driving you crazy! We're playing Boston tonight, I'm downing a lot of wine in preparation!

I'm having a scotch..straight!

Henley Honey
04-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Let us know how you made out with tickets, Zelda. I checked the venue's online site and it looks great. If you have a Verizon cellphone you can enter an hour earlier than the general public thru a designated gate without the long-line aggravation of the main gates. As I told LP, when it gets closer I'll pm you with my contact info so we can meet up before the show! 4 weeks from today :partytime:

lizzyplays
04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi Lizzy, Yeah we are planning to stay over...don't know where yet. I don't know if you saw my previous post... am very nervous about other people getting the tickerts... they just don't get it. How did you get your ticket? Does Ticketmaster send it via mail or what? Did you look at the venue online? looks beautiful. will talk later or please feel free to call me. Maybe we can keep each other calm!

Hey Brenda,

I bought my ticket through ticketmaster. I wasn't given a chance to choose a seat, and since I had never seen them before, I took no chances and accepted the first seat thrown out to me. I then did the E-TICKET option, which means I printed out my own ticket, here at home rather than have it mailed to me or picking up at the venue. As HH said, it only takes 5 minutes to order the tickets, so your friend should at the last have confirmation, if she didn't choose the e-ticket option.

zeldabjr
04-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi guys. My trip is officially off..I am sitting here balling my eyes out. My friends son talked them out of it. He said the traffic going into Atlanta is terrible and they listened to him. I am devistated.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi guys. My trip is officially off..I am sitting here balling my eyes out. My friends son talked them out of it. He said the traffic going into Atlanta is terrible and they listened to him. I am devistated.

That is an absolute bummer. Not sure where you all would be coming from, but the venue is in Alpharetta, about 30 miles north of Atlanta. So if you're coming from the north, you're not going into Atlanta at all. Jeez, I had a Pens shirt all picked out to wear for you...

sodascouts
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
That sucks. What's a little traffic? Geez.

lizzyplays
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Oh no, that does suck. I'm with soda, what's the big deal about traffic and as she said, it's not even IN Atlanta, so that's avoided anyway. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help (since I am in Raleigh) but I won't be going down to ATL in time for the May 2nd show. :-(

zeldabjr
04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I just got an event reminder from Ticketmaster...Do they really think they need to remind me? Are they joking? :laugh::laugh::laugh::dizzy:

zelda

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not likely to forget either - in fact, I'm counting the days!

FRONT ROW BABY!

zeldabjr
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM

FRONT ROW BABY!

Don't rub it in...I'm in J

VAisForEagleLovers
04-18-2012, 12:19 PM

FRONT ROW BABY!

14 of them!

Henley Honey
04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
319 Hours and 40 minutes. But whose counting?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
HH, you crack me up, but while it's all an illusion, two weeks sounds like a shorter amount of time than 319 hours!

Zelda, if it makes you feel better, the sound is much better in row J than row AAA or whatever we're in.

Prettymaid
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
HH, you crack me up, but while it's all an illusion, two weeks sounds like a shorter amount of time than 319 hours!

Zelda, if it makes you feel better, the sound is much better in row J than row AAA or whatever we're in.

Oh, but the view......

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't rub it in...I'm in J

Row J is nothing to complain about - you'll have a great view and a great listening experience!

zeldabjr
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Row J is nothing to complain about - you'll have a great view and a great listening experience!

You're all right..and after all I am going only for the music:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Zelda ( Besides, I don't think I could handle being in the front row):laugh:

cstlbrzs
04-19-2012, 10:00 AM
So, things have a funny way of working out. I had vowed to catch the Eagles sometime soon....however the fact that the friday show was sold out and I am working 600 miles away from home every week didn't make it look like it was going to happen. Fast forward to tuesday I jumped on the Eagles site and saw that there was a date added for May 2. So I was looking for tickets and got timed out of the site due to being sidetracked. So I jumped back in and started over and noticed that the seats were WAY differrent as to location....as in wayyyyyyyyyyy better. I proceeded to complete the purchase and at the end noticed that they were for friday night May 4, and they are in Orch 2 not too far back.....so my wish to catch the Eagles band will finally come true for my wife, my son, and myself. I am praying for great weather in Atlanta on the 4th.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
This is good news!!! Maybe we'll see you there?! If you have a Verizon Wireless cell phone, they let you into the event earlier than others.

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Congrats on the tickets! You and your family will have a blast!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
So, things have a funny way of working out. I had vowed to catch the Eagles sometime soon....however the fact that the friday show was sold out and I am working 600 miles away from home every week didn't make it look like it was going to happen. Fast forward to tuesday I jumped on the Eagles site and saw that there was a date added for May 2. So I was looking for tickets and got timed out of the site due to being sidetracked. So I jumped back in and started over and noticed that the seats were WAY differrent as to location....as in wayyyyyyyyyyy better. I proceeded to complete the purchase and at the end noticed that they were for friday night May 4, and they are in Orch 2 not too far back.....so my wish to catch the Eagles band will finally come true for my wife, my son, and myself. I am praying for great weather in Atlanta on the 4th.

Congratulations cstlbrzs - I'm thrilled for you that the stars have finally all aligned properly and you and your family will get to go to your first Eagles show. I'm sure it'll be an experience you'll never forget.

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I am going to this show..my first one...I can already feel a problem coming up...once is not going to be enough!:heart:
zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I am going to this show..my first one...I can already feel a problem coming up...once is not going to be enough!:heart:
zelda

That is very definitely true!!

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
SO excited! I have my outfit all picked out - dark blue patterned sleeveless top and black pants with black knee-high boots. I haven't decided on jewelry yet - maybe my blue tassel earrings and Stevie-inspired crescent moon necklace.

(OK, I'm probably giving this way too much thought, but it entertains me to plan my concert outfits when I'm bored.)

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Wow, you are going a bit more dressy than I am! I decided I'm waiting to see the long-term weather report, since Mother Nature can't decide if it's winter, spring, or summer. Since it's an outdoor event, might need to carry a sweater...

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USGA0013

Right now, then 10-day forecast says cloudy, low of 60. I can handle that, especially since with the lights and the crowd it will probably not feel like 60.

BTW it's very exciting that the concert is close enough to be included in the 10-day forecast!!!

Henley Honey
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USGA0013

Right now, then 10-day forecast says cloudy, low of 60. I can handle that, especially since with the lights and the crowd it will probably not feel like 60.

BTW it's very exciting that the concert is close enough to be included in the 10-day forecast!!!

That is so funny. I checked that this afternoon but wanted to wait till it got closer to clue you in! Great minds think alike. 10-day forecast -- emphasis on the 10 Days!!!! My butterflies have butterflies!

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 07:59 PM
That is so funny. I checked that this afternoon but wanted to wait till it got closer to clue you in! Great minds think alike. 10-day forecast -- emphasis on the 10 Days!!!! My butterflies have butterflies!

I was looking at Atlanta long range forecast this afternoon...also my butterflies butterflies have butterflies...also can I bring my portable cold shower machine?I am going to need it.:laugh:

zelda

Ive always been a dreamer
04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
zelda

Yep - That is a very common problem around here, zelda. Good luck to you.

I'm sure all of you going will have a wonderful time. Wish I could go with you, but way too much going on at work right now so there is no way! :-x

Henley Honey
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
No one else has posted it, so I'll do the honors --

7 more days !! :yay: :yay: :yay:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM
No one else has posted it, so I'll do the honors --

7 more days !! :yay: :yay: :yay:

:thumbsup::):partytime::dizzy::rockguitar::woah::b lueblob::yay::spin:

sodascouts
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
I've already started packing!

zeldabjr
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
:thumbsup::):partytime::dizzy::rockguitar::woah::b lueblob::yay::spin:

:thud:

zelda

zeldabjr
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I've already started packing!

not me, but I MUST get my hair done...can't have the boys seeing me with this ugly mop...Soda I'm sure your hair looks great... and the new signature banner..GENIUS...

zeldabjr
04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
168 hours:band:

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Good grief. At this point, I just want to get there. What a day today was. Found out that the boss is coming to town the day I'm traveling and doing a very important demo with some bigwigs in DC. Following that, he wants us all in the office for a meeting. Fortunately, the office is very near the airport. It just means I'll have to fly in dress clothes. Ick. Maybe it's just as well, last time I flew to see them in concert, I dressed like a slug for the flight and then my clothes ended up in San Antonio. I was in Vegas. But it pretty much guarantees I'll be wearing comfy clothes for the concerts!

TimothyBFan
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Is everyone packed and ready to go yet? Only 3 more days!!!!!! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM

I just texted that to HH! So excited! 3 days was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning! :)

Prettymaid
04-29-2012, 11:07 AM
You guys are going to have a blast!

*and then you're going to tell us all about it so that we can live vicariously through you! ;-)

Safe travels everyone!

GlennLover
04-29-2012, 12:59 PM
You guys are going to have a blast!

*and then you're going to tell us all about it so that we can live vicariously through you! ;-)

Safe travels everyone!

LOL, that's almost word for word what I was going to say. We'll be anxiously awaiting to hear all the details!

zeldabjr
04-29-2012, 12:59 PM
I am not ready!...and had a nightmare last night that I left my ticket home...oh no...and got lost couldn't find my way to the venue...it was awful...woke up in a cold sweat!

zelda

GlennLover
04-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I am not ready!...and had a nightmare last night that I left my ticket home...oh no...and got lost couldn't find my way to the venue...it was awful...woke up in a cold sweat!

zelda

The nightmare is likely because you are so anxious. It probably means that everything will go smoothly. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Henley Honey
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM

I'm just about all packed. I narrowed it down to 3 outfits so I'll have to put on a fashion show and go with the concensus. My husband's vote was for the burgandy top and his logic was: "You can spill a Cosmo on it and it won't show." Men. Gotta love 'em.

zeldabjr
04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Ok it's 7 AM and not one wink of sleep...Help! Will someone hit me over the head with something and wake me at 8PM on Wed? Thanks

Troubadour
04-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Excited for everyone! Can't wait to hear all about it. Have a blast, ladies!

Brooke
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh boy, the fun is about to begin! :blueblob:

Have fun ladies! Have safe trips and can't wait to hear all about it! That means details, details, details!

zeldabjr
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh no, I just had an awful thought....you don't think they will wear their funeral suits do you?...I just couldn't stand that!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm sure they'll be rockin' the flannel. Or something similar.

Freypower
04-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh no, I just had an awful thought....you don't think they will wear their funeral suits do you?...I just couldn't stand that!

They have not worn suits for several years.

Henley Honey
05-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Leaving for the airport shortly.
So EXCITED to see them again. :band:

Prettymaid
05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm so excited for all of you! Safe travels! :wave:

prayfordaylight
05-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Safe travels to all!

lizzyplays
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
You gals be safe... and I can't wait to see you HH and VA on Thursday!! Sorry I can't get there in time to meet Soda or Zelda. :-( Really bummed about that.

sodascouts
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I teach an evening class tonight, but as soon as the students are finished taking their finals, I'm off to Atlanta! I'm going to drive through the night - it's 7 hours so I imagine I'll get there about 3:00 am.

I'm so proud of myself in that I've gotten everything graded (except of course the upcoming finals) so I'll have no worries once I get to Atlanta! I'm so lucky this is finals week, and all the finals I'm proctoring were scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. My classes are done, I've gotten all my grading out of the way, and I'm ready to roll.

Additionally, I'll be back in time for graduation on Friday... I'm set!

Glennsallnighter
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
That wonderful Nancy! I wish I was in your situation with our exams but sadly, no! Do drive safely though the night and mind yourself!Have a wonderful time at the gig! Dying to read your review when you get back!

sodascouts
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I'll do my best, with the help of my fellow Border attendees!

My class doesn't start for another hour. Waiting impatiently!

lizzyplays
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm pondering on driving through the night, late Wednesday night, early Thursday morning... arriving sometime between 8am and noon on Thursday (depending upon when I leave, of course). I just can't wait to get down there and start my vacation and why spend another day, hour, minute up here when I don't have to?!?!

:yay::blueblob:

Topkat
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Hope you all arrive in Atlanta safely & I can't wait to hear all about the show.
Do you guys do a Cell-cert? I know people do this for other bands. It's where someone is on a cell phone & a lot of people can call in & listen to the show LIVE!! Have you ever done one for the Eagles?? :jealous:

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I was at the Belfast show in 2009 and when HC came on I thought 'If only Lou (Troub) could hear this' Then 'Hey.... wait.... she can!' I called her and kept the line open for HC, and PEF at least! Lou put her phone on speaker and heard it all!

GlennLover
05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Travel safely everyone! I know you will all have a blast & meeting other Borderers is a very special experience!!!! :band::rockguitar::partytime::partytime:

eaglesvet
05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Have fun...can't wait for the full report!:rockguitar::drummer::grouphug::soda::rocko n:

sodascouts
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Drove through the night and got here at 3 am. I'm very glad I did - the earlier I get here, the earlier I can enjoy hanging with my fellow fans! Plus, I don't have to worry about something happening the day of.

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that neither piece nor the flying debris hit me. I pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and called 911, hoping since there didn't appear to be any flames that anyone who was inside would be ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

However, all is forgotten now as we prep for the big night!!!!!!!

GlennLover
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Drove through the night and got here at 3 am. I'm very glad I did - the earlier I get here, the earlier I can enjoy hanging with my fellow fans! Plus, I don't have to worry about something happening the day of.

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about a five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that none of them, nor the flying debris hit me. I called 911 and hoped since there were no flames that anyone who was inside was ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

Oh, what an awful thing to witness! Thank God you weren't hurt!

Brooke
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM
OMG, Soda! Thank goodness you avoided the crash! That was close!

Have fun tonight everyone and wow, that cell thingy sounds awesome!

TimothyBFan
05-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow Soda, what a close call. Thank goodness you were there tho to call 911. Hope everyone was ok.

GA--- As many here might remember, Lou and Jess both did the same thing for me one night but I wasn't able to pick up but it was a good thing actually because for 3 years now, I've had it saved in my voicemails and can listen to Timothy singing ICTYW anytime I want to. Nancy also did it for me a couple years ago at the Chicago show at Soldier Field that I was going to attend with her but we had a mix up on the tickets. Got to hear a few of the songs while I was sitting on my patio that night. Love it!!!!

prayfordaylight
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh goodness! I was worried about you driving all night and I'm glad you made it.

Topkat
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Something almost happened last night though.... A car went flying across the highway and slammed into the median head-first about a five yards ahead of me - it split into two pieces and only by the grace of God was I able to get over fast enough so that none of them, nor the flying debris hit me. I called 911 and hoped since there were no flames that anyone who was inside was ok. Thank goodness I was only about ten miles away from the hotel because I was very shaken up!

Wow, glad you made it safely to Atlanta. That accident sounds horrible. It can really shake you up when you are driving right there.. Be careful on the road.

Topkat
05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
The Cell Cert is a free conference call that someone who is at the show makes and others can all call in & hear the concert live on the phone. It is free to set up. I was wondering if anyone going to the show was doing this, so us poor souls can hear the show....I have called in to them for other artists, so I was wondering if anyone at the show tonight could possibly do it??? so we can :drool: on the phone. lol

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
The Cell Cert is a free conference call that someone who is at the show makes and others can all call in & hear the concert live on the phone. It is free to set up. I was wondering if anyone going to the show was doing this, so us poor souls can hear the show....I have called in to them for other artists, so I was wondering if anyone at the show tonight could possibly do it??? so we can :drool: on the phone. lol

Isn't this also illegal?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey Its HH We are all fluffed and puffed and having a pre-show cocktail. Shuttle to venue is picking us up in 10. I have so many butterflies its scary. Trying to keep it together to "represent". Thinking about you guys. Wish you were here.

Topkat
05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Isn't this also illegal?

It's not illegal as far as I know. It is just a conference call. Others do it, so I doubt it is illegal. It's not making a great recording, it's on the phone, so the sound is not that great, but you can still hear it.

GlennLover
05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey Its HH We are all fluffed and puffed and having a pre-show cocktail. Shuttle to venue is picking us up in 10. I have so many butterflies its scary. Trying to keep it together to "represent". Thinking about you guys. Wish you were here.

So do I! Have a wonderful evening everyone (I know you will, it's the Eagles!)

Glennhoney
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MOMENT..I KNOW YOU ALL WILL...CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL THE DETAILS AND SEE A FEW PICS......:band:

lizzyplays
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
You guys enjoy tonight and leave some celebration in you for when I get down there! I think I'm going to pull out tonight, between midnight and 4am... i'll call when I get close to town. Hopefully you guys won't be nursing hangovers??? lol I'll be there bright and early!!