PDA

View Full Version : Glenn doing solo show in Bethlehem PA on May 18th

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Just got this in Google alerts

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/Glenn-Frey-Barenaked-Ladies-Kathy-Griffin-coming-to-Sands/-/132502/9279308/-/kwkl4ez/-/index.html

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
OK, guys, I went to Ticketmaster to see what's what and they are showing 2 other dates in May but not this show. Guess I'll start threads for those also and we'll see what materializes huh? If need be, change please, administrators!

timfan
03-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I also got this news thru 3Encores on Facebook.. it mentions GFO!!!

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2012/03/singer-from-one-of-biggest-selling-bands-of-all-time-to-play-at-sands-event-center.html

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
OK, guys, I went to Ticketmaster to see what's what and they are showing 2 other dates in May but not this show. Guess I'll start threads for those also and we'll see what materializes huh? If need be, change please, administrators!

SQUEE! I just checked those dates and one is at Foxwoods in CT on May 20. I can do CT! On sale date is this Friday.

Must now convince the husband that we can go.

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Just got that one also and was coming to quote it!! Pretty cool!!

The fan site www.glennfreyonline.com (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/) says that outside of benefit concerts, he has not mounted a solo tour since 2006 and only played a half-dozen solo shows (half as duets with fellow Eagle Joe Walsh) after that – none since 2009.

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
What time does Freypower usually get on the board?----NO MORE SILENCE for her!! Looks like things are starting to roll!!! She'll be ecstatic!!!!!

timfan
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Also found this thru TBF link.. with event and purchasing info. The pic is amazing!! http://www.sandseventcenter.com/event/glenn-frey/

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
The Sands Event Center tix for sale through their 800 # only. Does not list Ticketmaster. But what is really cool is at the end of the article about Glenn and his bio, they say:

Visit The Official Glenn Frey Website -- and it links you right to GFO.
How cool is that, Soda? !

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 12:52 PM
SQUEE! I just checked those dates and one is at Foxwoods in CT on May 20. I can do CT! On sale date is this Friday.

Must now convince the husband that we can go.

I may go to that show, but Foxwoods is 3 hours away and Bethlehem, PA is only 2. Hmmm. I guess it depends on what seats I can get.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Bethlehem is 4 hrs away for me. CT is 8, so...I'll think about flying up. But DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bouncing off of walls here...I need to focus. According to the website, the Bethlehem venue isn't built yet. They better hurry!

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll bring a hammer.

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Visit The Official Glenn Frey Website -- and it links you right to GFO.
How cool is that, Soda? !

Cool that I got linked but not cool that they think I'm the official site. I'll have to send in a correction. They probably linked to me because they used my biography of him in its entirety. I haven't updated that biography since 2007. I'm going to have to get my a$$ in gear now and spend some time juicing up GFO.

Check out the gorgeous photo on the Sands Bethlehem site:

http://www.sandseventcenter.com/event/glenn-frey/

As for which shows I'm going to... my semester ends the first week of May. I am not teaching at all. NANCY IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP BABY!!!!

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I'll bring a hammer.

:hilarious:

Check out the gorgeous photo on the Sands Bethlehem site:

http://www.sandseventcenter.com/event/glenn-frey/

Where the heck you been---I've already posted it in Frey Fever!!! :nahnah:

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I teach until 12:45. I was about to go have lunch when I quickly checked the Border. Needless to say I have not eaten.

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I knew you'd be excited & figured when you hadn't answered my text, you were probably teaching. There's about a half a dozen or so Borderers that I instantly thought of when these started popping up. So excited for all of you!

Brooke
03-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow this is so exciting for all of you out east!

Finally, some news! :yay:

Freypower
03-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Um.... if someone tells me which shows they are going to, I will try & come. I have not taken this in. I am just numb.

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Dreamer and I are going to all three of these. I'll be out of the country for three weeks in June but I could move it back to late June if he announces early June shows. The trip dates are not cemented.

Freypower
03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Soda, will you please tell me where I should fly to if I come. Should I go to NY & get a connection to DC as the DC show is first?!

I haven't been to the US since 1990 & the thought of getting a visa does not fill me with anticipation. I don't know..... I just don't know if it's possible.

Sands is May 18 - 'out in Bethlehem they're killing time, filling out forms, standing in line.....' :heart:

This is being written in shock.

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I would go directly to DC, although HH has told me that Philadelphia is also a possibility.

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Dreamer and I are going to all three of these. I'll be out of the country for three weeks in June but I could move it back to late June if he announces early June shows. The trip dates are not cemented.

You all are going to CT too? Awesome! I'll finally get to meet you!

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Hope you aren't too disappointed with me! lol

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Hope you aren't too disappointed with me! lol

LOL. No worries. It'll be nice to meet up with someone who "gets it.". My husband, bless his heart, would go with me anywhere I want to see a show, but he's not a fan. I always feel like I have to hold back for his benefit.

Hmm, I should mention to him that this time it IS the "runnin' down the road" guy. He thought that's who we were seeing when we saw Joe last fall.

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Ah . . . . Clueless men -- you gotta love 'em.

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I would go directly to DC, although HH has told me that Philadelphia is also a possibility.

You could also check Bradley Int'l Airport in Hartford, CT

Glennsallnighter
03-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately this kills me but May is a very busy month at work, and we have Chris's First Communion in May as well. I won't be able to make any of these solo shows. :-(. But maybe its good news in that he may have more information on the release of his album. And who knows, he may play some more over the Summer.

Those of you who DO make it are in for a wonderful treat. Of that I have no doubt. I'll be dying to hear everything!! And to those who are dithering...... I say GO!!!!!!

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 07:15 PM
We'll miss you GA, but maybe August in the Falls ? . . . . . . Who knows!

Freypower
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes; I can't justify this, although as you can see I did think about it. It's too far; the flight time to Washington including layovers is about 40 hours. If it were like last year with a couple of shows in one place it might have been possible, and if it had been on the West Coast it might have been possible.

I feel positively disloyal. I want to be there & give Glenn my support & I feel dreadful that I can't. How I wish I could tell him how much the Niagara Falls shows meant to me. I am so very grateful that I was there.

Glennsallnighter
03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Awwwwww. I know how you feel FP. I've just been chatting with Lou and my last line was 'I feel I'm letting him down'. Maybe we'll get our chance later in the summer. Something more compact like last year in Niagara Falls would suit me better too. And oreferably in June July or August.

timfan
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I know I'm certainly hoping for more dates, closer to me! I would go to a show pretty much anywhere in Ontario and also Buffalo or Cleveland is possible.. I guess patience is the word of the moment! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Also found this thru TBF link.. with event and purchasing info. The pic is amazing!! http://www.sandseventcenter.com/event/glenn-frey/

That pic is amazing!

Sadly, like GA & FP I won't be able to make those shows. :-( I just can't afford any shows this year.

However, I am soo happy & excited for those of you who can go! That album must be coming soon! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

Troubadour
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm excited that Glenn is doing some solo shows, and I'm positive that these won't be the only ones. Thrilled for those of you going, and keeping my fingers crossed for those who can't make it in May. Hang in there!

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
True - surely there will be more dates, although the "Prelude to Obscurity" tour was limited to about half a dozen of 'em! However, he didn't have an album to promote then.

Freypower
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice banners, GL & Soda! As this board's 'Avatar Queen' I should get busy....

GlennLover
03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Nice banners, GL & Soda! As this board's 'Avatar Queen' I should get busy....

Yes, get to it, FP! :laugh:

Freypower
03-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Oh I will, don't worry, but I can't actually use it until after St Patrick's Day. :angel:

Koala
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
It's great to see that Glenn makes a few solo shows, I'm very happy for those who can go to those shows! But I'm also a little disappointed that I do not have the chance to see Glenn solo!

TimothyBFan
03-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Glad to see so many Borderers planning on at least some of these shows and sorry for the ones that want to go but can't. Hopefully there will be more.

And on a shallow note, the new banners are looking lovely. When I saw that picture, after I caught my breath again, I immediately thought it would be a wonderful banner.

Brooke
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm so happy for all of you that are getting to go to these shows! I so wish I could, but when you have others in the family to think about, for me, it just isn't possible. :sad: I can only hope he will do a show in Missouri or central Illinois. Please Glenn, there are other areas of the country dying to see you. :pray:

Julie, I wish you could have done it again, but I certainly understand. I can't even imagine spending the money you did to go to Fallsview.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2012, 01:13 PM
This concert has been added to LiveNation, rather than just calling the event center for tickets.

sodascouts
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
On the venue site, the top price was listed as $99. On LiveNation/Ticketmaster, it's listed as $170.

Shoot. That's a lot of money. Another factor in deciding which / how many concerts to go to. Foxwoods is a little over half that price at $92, but it's so far away... Two days to figure this out!

Perfect Little Sister
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
As for which shows I'm going to... my semester ends the first week of May. I am not teaching at all. NANCY IS GOING ON A ROAD TRIP BABY!!!!

AND LISSA IS GOING WITH HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

timfan
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Glad you ladies can make all these shows! I'm sure it'll be great! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM

YAY, Lissa!!! :blueblob:

Henley Honey
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy :partytime: Where am I meeting you? Foxwoods? NJ?
I'm in!

Perfect Little Sister
03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
I don't know! LOL...I haven't actually spoken with Nancy yet. I missed her call yesterday as I was at the zoo with hubby for my belated birthday trip. (we were supposed to go to Pismo but he had a work trip scheduled that fell thru at the last minute) I didn't even hear my phone ring. When I got the voicemail I had to sit quietly, acting cool as we were merging onto a highway. But inside I was screaming! lol

sodascouts
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM

WOOOOOT

It'll be like our Prelude to Obscurity road trip - only without the heart attack, please! lol

OK, now I'm back to wanting to go to all of them. Oh man.

Henley Honey
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Fabulous! I'm thinking Soda & Dreamer are definites for Washington, but you can always fly into NY & we can meet them in NJ or CT. Talk to Soda & she can text me! So exciting. I'll brush up on my Cosmo recipe.

Freypower
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
You see, one of the reasons why I had to rule it out was thinking that I would find it difficult to get back from Foxwoods to Washington. Once I ruled out Foxwoods unfortunately it was a short step to realising that the logistics involved were too complicated. Even if I had gone just to Washington & spent some time there before that show, as I said, the flight time is horrific.

Lissa, I am so glad you're going.

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Lissa! Thats wonderful that you too can go! I'm thrilled for you!

EaglesKiwi
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Um.... if someone tells me which shows they are going to, I will try & come. I have not taken this in. I am just numb.
I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but just HAD to respond to this - I'm sitting in the lunchroom at work laughing my a$$ off reading this.

And the "NANCY IS TAKING A ROAD TRIP" part too!

WOOHOO!!!

Freypower
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I haven't finished reading this thread yet, but just HAD to respond to this - I'm sitting in the lunchroom at work laughing my a$$ off reading this.

And the "NANCY IS TAKING A ROAD TRIP" part too!

WOOHOO!!!

I hope you read further, because I realistically cannot go that far. Not even to NYC. I am killing myself.

Wildthyme
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Well let's hope that Glenn decides to do at least a couple of West Coast shows. That is the only way I have even a remote chance of getting to see him. My financial situation is so precarious right now even that won't be a guarantee but if he comes to this side of the country I will do everything I can to be there!

EaglesKiwi
03-14-2012, 04:00 AM
I hope you read further, because I realistically cannot go that far. Not even to NYC. I am killing myself.
Oh, aaargh!! I really feel for you. (and all of you that can't make it). Maybe some West Coast dates will come out...

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 10:19 AM
This is so frustrating!! The password I was given the other day doesn't work for the presale for this concert, because this is ticketmaster and not livenation! So I called and they said for TM, when it's not an AMEX presale, you can only use the password that was emailed to you, and you only get an email if you have the artist set up as a favorite and have had him set up for several months.

Maybe he was just trying to placate me, but he said the seats offered during these kind of presales are seldom the 'best' seats, usually seats that are closer aren't offered until the public sale.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
OK, the man was trying to placate me. I got in using the code HH came up with and managed to get a ticket. Not first row since it took 25 minutes to get in, but left side, row 2, seat 9. Very excited about this!!

timfan
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
That's great VA!! I'm sure it will be a wonderful show, especially after watch the preview clips froms the the websites. WOWEEEE!!!!:heart:

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Awwwwwww that's brilliant VA. I'm so glad you got good seats!

FP, I'm with you girl. I'm numb inside, and only barely functioning outside. This is killing me too. Would you make it to Canada later in the Summer if he were to announce dates there?

Brooke
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Good for you VA! :applause:

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM

FP, I'm with you girl. I'm numb inside, and only barely functioning outside. This is killing me too. Would you make it to Canada later in the Summer if he were to announce dates there?

GA, it's uncanny how you can describe the way that I feel. Do you suppose it's because we are such Glenn fanatics, LOL?

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm reading, reading, reading and can't keep up with who's going to what shows and where!! I have so much to learn, I guess. lol

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm reading, reading, reading and can't keep up with who's going to what shows and where!! I have so much to learn, I guess. lol

I'm having the same problen, lizzy!

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I just got a Google alert with this site http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.presalepasswordinfo.com/search.php%3Fneedle%3DGlenn%2BFrey%2B&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAEoBDABOAFAlM2C-wRIAVgAYgVlbi1DQQ&cd=2w1o3QYPLoc&usg=AFQjCNHYN3-PNXZydNmAw4u0nnnQLM2PIg. It says they specialize in presale passwords & the link is to ones for Glenn's concerts, but you have to pay $10 to subscribe for a year.

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Okay, maybe this will help

5/2 Atlanta - Soda, VA, HH
5/4 Atlanta -VA, HH, LP
5/5 & 5/6 - New Orleans - Soda
5/9 NYC - HH
5/14 Washington DC - VA maybe Soda, PLS & Dreamer
5/17 Englewood NJ - Soda, PLS, Dreamer, HH
5/18 Bethelem PA - VA, Soda, PLS & Dreamer
5/20 Foxwoods - WE

Thats so far. Haven't heard from anyone else so it will probably change! :partytime:

Windeagle
03-14-2012, 03:22 PM

5/4 Atlanta -VA, HH, LP
5/9 NYC - HH
5/20 Foxwoods - WE

Thats so far. Haven't heard from anyone else so it will probably change! :partytime:

The accountant in me is thinking "we need a great big Glenn spreadsheet!"

Maybe I should create a Google doc.

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM

5/4 Atlanta -VA, HH, LP
5/9 NYC - HH
5/20 Foxwoods - WE

Ooooh, thanks!! I'm trying to learn everyone by name (when I see you guys use them) and put everyone together like that as well. I know that I'm new here and still a 'stranger', but hopefully with the Atlanta show, we'll remedy that. Also, any suggestions or things I should be doing such as signing up for things and alerts and emails and where do I do this at? (I know.. wrong thread.. I'm sorry!) I just really want to be in on the 'inside' information, and maybe get a front row seat SOMEWHERE at some point!!

You guys are awesome! :applause:

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I didn't even mention the Joe shows because I'm not at all sure who is going for sure!

whitcap
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM

5/4 Atlanta -VA, HH, LP
5/9 NYC - HH
5/20 Foxwoods - WE

I'll be at the New Orleans show :)

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I just really want to be in on the 'inside' information, and maybe get a front row seat SOMEWHERE at some point!!

You guys are awesome! :applause:

I'll give you my ticket tips when we meet up in Atlanta!

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll give you my ticket tips when we meet up in Atlanta!

You're the best!! :thumbsup:

omg, I can't wait!!! I'm going to see THE EAGLES!!!:spin::fainting::spin:

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Lizzy, you can sign up for Google alerts here: http://www.google.com/alerts

sodascouts
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM

5/4 Atlanta -VA, HH, LP
5/9 NYC - HH
5/20 Foxwoods - WE

Washington DC is out for PLS, but me and dreamer are in for that one!

Freypower
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM

I might; but I don't really want to do that again. I would rather go somewhere else.

Do you know what I thought last night. I thought about Strange Weather & I thought how Tim had done some shows in England and then I thought 'if that were to happen, nothing would stop me. Not my mother's disapproval, nothing'.

But as it's Olympics year in London, it is highly unlikely that he would consider it this year.

I think though, that as he really seems to be serious about relaunching his solo career, that he may consider doing some shows in Europe at some stage.

Glennsallnighter
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I was thinking the same. He could get a nice group of audiences in Dublin, UK (Doesn't have to be London), the Netherlands and Germany at least.

And there are some pretty good golf courses in Ireland

lizzyplays
03-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I was wondering if someone would get me something from one of the Glenn solo shows? I have paypal and can arrange payment etc. Heck, I don't even know what kind of things are for sale at concerts... been so long since I've gone to any concert at all. We can discuss more in detail as shows come closer, but it would be really cool to have something that was a Glenn only item. :-)

Unless of course, you can arrange to have Glenn shipped to me. Thanks in advance for that! :-D

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Sorry Lizzy. :nahnah:I've already booked him.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone who wants anything from these shows, feel free to PM me a week or two before the shows and I'll be glad to try to pick things up for you. However, Glenn is definitely off limits - if I can get hold of him, I'll be keeping him for myself. :wink: :grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Sorry, ladies. I'm pretty sure I can take ya all on in a catfight of epic proportions. If anyone gets him, it'll be me.

lizzyplays
03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Oh, oh, oh, I like where this is headed!!

:fight::armed::sword::machinegun::saberfight:

(I just wanted to use those cute things) lol

EaglesKiwi
03-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Lizzy, I was going to reply to your "can I have Glenn shipped to me" comment and say there is a LONG queue... but I see the girls have made that clear already. :):nahnah:

lizzyplays
03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Lizzy, I was going to reply to your "can I have Glenn shipped to me" comment and say there is a LONG queue... but I see the girls have made that clear already. :):nahnah:

Oh dear... I hope that I'm not causing dissension amongst the ranks... more importantly, against me!! lol :oops: :grouphug:

EaglesKiwi
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh dear... I hope that I'm not causing dissension amongst the ranks... more importantly, against me!! lol :oops: :grouphug:
Not at all, just makes you fit in with the rest of us. :laugh:

lizzyplays
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Not at all, just makes you fit in with the rest of us. :laugh:

Good to hear!! :thumbsup::applause:

prayfordaylight
03-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Long time reader - first time poster. I've been wanting to see Glenn/The Eagles for years and I'm finally getting the chance. I live outside DC but can't make the show there so getting a show just down the road from my dad's house in PA is the next best thing. I'm on the right side 6th row. So excited!

I've only been to outdoor shows at the Sands but I'll be up there next weekend scoping the venue out if I can.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Long time reader - first time poster. I've been wanting to see Glenn/The Eagles for years and I'm finally getting the chance. I live outside DC but can't make the show there so getting a show just down the road from my dad's house in PA is the next best thing. I'm on the right side 6th row. So excited!

I've only been to outdoor shows at the Sands but I'll be up there next weekend scoping the venue out if I can.

Let us know what you find out about the venue! I'm going to the show in DC, then driving up later in the week for this one. I haven't given it any thought yet whatsoever and I've never been in that area.

BTW, welcome to the board as a poster! Very happy to have you here!

Glennsallnighter
03-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Welcome from me too P4D. Delighted to have another Glenn :heart: fan on board! I hope you have a great time at this gig. I'd love to be joining you but can't make to the States till June at the earliest. Have fun here and enjoy posting!

prayfordaylight
03-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Let us know what you find out about the venue! I'm going to the show in DC, then driving up later in the week for this one. I haven't given it any thought yet whatsoever and I've never been in that area.

BTW, welcome to the board as a poster! Very happy to have you here!

Thanks for the welcomes :)

The Sands is a remarkable complex, especially knowing that it was once the ruins of Bethlehem Steel. There's tons of free parking (always a plus) and several good restaurants (3 Emeril's restaurants, a Carnegie Deli and a few more).

It's also right off I-78 so it shouldn't be hard to find.

sodascouts
03-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Welcome! I'll be going too and it is nice to hear from someone who has been there. I didn't know that about Bethlehem Steel. Interesting.

prayfordaylight
04-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Went to the Sands this weekend while visiting family for Easter to check things out. Also heard an ad on the radio for the show!

If you're coming just for the show, park on the hotel side of the complex. Parking across the complex is free but the Event Center is on the hotel side and not the casino side. They're not even done building it yet as we heard construction in the bar/lounge area that you have to go through to enter the venue.

They've greatly expanded the food options in the past few months. There are 3 Emerils restaurants (steakhouse, Italian and a burger place), a Carnegie Deli branch, a few smaller sandwich/soup type places and a food court all inside the Sands. Not sure if The Art of Bread will be open in time. There are tons of places to eat just down the road in downtown Bethlehem as well.

sodascouts
04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Good idea to check it out. They don't have much time to finish... Only a little over a month!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the update, PFD! I'm looking forward to the show. Now that they'd added a lot of restaurants, perhaps more and better hotels will follow.

prayfordaylight
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Hotels do seem to be the one thing they're lacking. The casino hotel is small and expensive and there aren't many other hotels nearby. There's a Holiday Inn Express in Hellertown - it's on the same road as the Sands about 2 miles away.

sodascouts
04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
The rates out there are ridiculous; I booked a hotel in Allentown.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
The rates out there are ridiculous I booked a hotel in Allentown.

Thanks a lot, Soda! Now that song is in my head!

I thought about staying further away but I assumed I'd be too gaga to drive much later. :drool::inlove:

eaglesvet
04-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey music lovers! I didn't think of this until I saw that some of you would be staying in Allentown (Soda, and I assume Dreamer, and the rest of your crew). There is an awesome factory tour and museum in Nazareth, PA, (which is just a bit east of Allentown) that I would highly recommend. It's the Martin Guitar Company! It literally was one of the best, if not THE best, factory tours I have ever been on! I went about 2 years ago with my most musical son, before we saw Keith Urban :inlove:in concert in Allentown. The Martin Guitar Company offers a free tour where they show you how they make their fine guitars, a mini-museum where you can see the history of guitars as well as famous musicians' guitars (Elvis, Johnny Cash, John Mayer), a playing room where you can actually play high-end and rare guitars, and of course a gift shop. I can tell you more about it when I see you in ENGLEWOOD :partytime:! But this way you have a head's up in case you want to plan your travel day. It would be no problem to fit it in on the 18th, and still have plenty of time to eat and get ready for more Glenn!

sodascouts
04-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Sounds fun!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the tip, EV. That does sound interesting. We'll have to see how our time goes to see if we can check this out.

prayfordaylight
05-04-2012, 09:35 AM
They're finishing up construction on the venue as we speak. Think it's going to be great!

http://blog.discoverlehighvalley.com/files/DSC_01731-605x440.jpg

Just Another Hired Hand
05-15-2012, 07:55 AM
I am in the process of trying to get tickets to see Glenn at the Sands in Bethlehem, Pa. If I pull it off, I will have seen all of the Eagles in solo performances. Tiffany Twisted and I have tickets to see TBS at the Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA on May 31. I will be posting a review of that show on this site.

Local radio personality, John Dibella, interviewed Glenn Frey and has posted the interview as a podcast on the radio station's web site. Here is the link:

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/john-debella/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10383308

Just Another Hired Hand
05-15-2012, 08:51 AM
I have been succesful and will be attending the show. I will post a review of the show afterward. If anyone can go, there are still a lot of good seats left.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I have been succesful and will be attending the show. I will post a review of the show afterward. If anyone can go, there are still a lot of good seats left.

I'll be there too! Second row on the left side. Maybe I'll see you there!

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Enjoy JAHH and Tiffany Twisted! Wish I was joining you guys!

Brooke
05-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Great! I'm sure it will be fun!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

GlennLover
05-15-2012, 10:19 AM

Glad you were able to get tickets1 I know you will enjoy the show!

prayfordaylight
05-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Can't wait to see everyone tonight! I'm on the right side row 6 but will be around before the show and Nancy has my cell number. So happy to see Glenn after many years of fandom.

GlennLover
05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Should be a great show! Glenn is even more excited about tonight's concert as his aunt & other relatives will be there. I posted the link to the article in the "New album "After Hours" press and discussion" thread, post # 428. https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182356#post182356

VAisForEagleLovers
05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Should be a great show! Glenn is even more excited about tonight's concert as his aunt & other relatives will be there. I posted the link to the article in the "New album "After Hours" press and discussion" thread, post # 428. https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182356#post182356

This is good!

zeldabjr
05-18-2012, 05:22 PM
This is good!

Hi VK, who all is going to tonight's show?

Henley Honey
05-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Dreamer, PLS, Soda are going to be there.

zeldabjr
05-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Have fun everyone who is going tonight and be safe!!