PDA

View Full Version : Glenn solo show Mashantucket, CT May 20th

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004868DEBF5C56?artistid=768872&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
It just occurred to me that this is also my anniversary weekend. I think my husband will have a hard time saying no on this one!

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Well WE---a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!! I say use the anniversary guilt trip to it's fullest to get your way!!!! :thumbsup:

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Ok, it's confirmed. We're going! Now I just have to log the on-sale time into my calendar so I don't forget.

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Now I just have to log the on-sale time into my calendar so I don't forget.

Yeah, like that's going to happen!!! :hilarious:

Henley Honey
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
It just occurred to me that this is also my anniversary weekend. I think my husband will have a hard time saying no on this one!

That's how I got my hubby to the Hollywood Bowl for two shows! It was our 25th Anniversary and he couldn't say no. Whatever works!

Windeagle
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
That's how I got my hubby to the Hollywood Bowl for two shows! It was our 25th Anniversary and he couldn't say no. Whatever works!

My husband's usually pretty good about it. He's not into concerts (he's more of a podcast guy), but he'll go if I want to. I've been to enough Star Trek conventions and sat through extended versions of all three Lord of the Rings movies for him, so it all works out. :)

EaglesKiwi
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
My husband's usually pretty good about it. He's not into concerts (he's more of a podcast guy), but he'll go if I want to. I've been to enough Star Trek conventions and sat through extended versions of all three Lord of the Rings movies for him, so it all works out. :)
You're going to have a great time, Windeagle!

I'm very jealous of you going to Star Trek conventions though (I'm a wannabe Trekkie) - AND your husband likes Lord of the Rings and will take you to concerts? You have a good one there!

Windeagle
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
You're going to have a great time, Windeagle!

I'm very jealous of you going to Star Trek conventions though (I'm a wannabe Trekkie) - AND your husband likes Lord of the Rings and will take you to concerts? You have a good one there!

That I do! He's a keeper. :heart:

Windeagle
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I GOT MY TICKETS!!!! When I logged onto FB tonight and saw the presale code published, I decided to go for it, despite the scary MGM warnings about what would happen if you weren't invited. "But I WAS invited on Glenn's FB page," I justified.

There're not as good as many of you got, but at least I'm there. It's Left Orchestra, Row R, Seats 3 & 5.

Actually holding the confirmation in my hands was very exciting!

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 07:34 AM
despite the scary MGM warnings about what would happen if you weren't invited. "But I WAS invited on Glenn's FB page," I justified.
!

What warning was that? Seriously?

Windeagle
03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
What warning was that? Seriously?

It was weird. Earlier in the day, I noticed that the links from Glenn's tour page for the other venues went to Ticketmaster, but the CT link went directly to MGM Grand at Foxwoods' page. There was a presale area, but it said something like "if you receive tickets through this presale link other than by invitation of MGM Grand, your tickets could be denied at the door.". I decided not to risk it and just shoot for the general sale.

When I saw the presale code published through Glenn's FB page though, I figured I'd give it a another shot. The link still went to MGM Grand, but the presale language had been changed slightly and listed it now as a "fansite presale". The code worked and I got the tickets, but they're pretty far back. That's probably fine, as it doesn't look like a huge hall and I'm not a stage-rusher anyway. I'm just happy to be going!

Makes me wonder if it would have been sold out if I'd waited for general sale.

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Very strange!!!! Glad you took the risk and sounds like all will be fine now.

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Perhaps that's their odd way of trying to foil scalpers?

I've been going back and forth about attending this show, and even though I had initially decided against it, I've changed my mind again and plan to go. My little sister is going to be in the area and she wants to go.... plus I'll have Perfect Little Sister as well. Hopefully Dreamer can attend, too, but if not, we'll figure the logistics out!

Windeagle
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Perhaps that's their odd way of trying to foil scalpers?

I've been going back and forth about attending this show, and even though I had initially decided against it, I've changed my mind again and plan to go. My little sister is going to be in the area and she wants to go.... plus I'll have Perfect Little Sister as well. Hopefully Dreamer can attend, too, but if not, we'll figure the logistics out!

There are plenty of airports in the area, so if she needs to catch a flight, it should be doable.

I hope you all can make it. It would be great to meet you.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2012, 05:12 AM
As its pretty impossible for me to attend any of the 5 May Concerts, I was wondering if somebody who DOES attend could buy me and send on some memorabilia - I'd be interested in a tour Book, a T-shirt, a mug and any other cute offerings that may be around, should there be any! I can send you money pre or post gig via paypal.

If more dates are released and they run into the summer, of course I'm hoping to attend at least some gigs myself :pray: :pray: :pray: although I WOULD like to get a t-shirt ASAP (and one for Laura)

Henley Honey
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
As its pretty impossible for me to attend any of the 5 May Concerts, I was wondering if somebody who DOES attend could buy me and send on some memorabilia - I'd be interested in a tour Book, a T-shirt, a mug and any other cute offerings that may be around, should there be any! I can send you money pre or post gig via paypal.

If more dates are released and they run into the summer, of course I'm hoping to attend at least some gigs myself :pray: :pray: :pray: although I WOULD like to get a t-shirt ASAP (and one for Laura)

No problem, GA. I gotcha covered!

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
My Angel :angel:

Windeagle
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Wow. I am SOOOO glad I took the chance on these tickets the other night. The Internet has been out at my office since early this morning. If I'd waited, I would have been DYING as the 10 am sale time came and went and I couldn't get online.

Freypower
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM

The same goes for me if there is any merchandise at all. I'd be happy with a T-shirt. I can also pay through PayPal.

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow. I am SOOOO glad I took the chance on these tickets the other night. The Internet has been out at my office since early this morning. If I'd waited, I would have been DYING as the 10 am sale time came and went and I couldn't get online.

You didn't miss a thing. I got on there the first second I could, and the closest I brought up was Row R. Same for HH, and she usually has the touch of gold when it comes to getting tickets.

I'll keep on tryin', hoping better ones will drop.

Windeagle
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
You didn't miss a thing. I got on there the first second I could, and the closest I brought up was Row R. Same for HH, and she usually has the touch of gold when it comes to getting tickets.

I'll keep on tryin', hoping better ones will drop.

Row R is what I ended up with at presale. I didn't dare not take them though. I don't have the "ticket-savvy" that you all do. When the code worked, I jumped. :)

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh, there's certainly nothing wrong with Row R. In fact, at the Louisville Eagles show, I was in the back of the floor - I guess about 30th row, so certainly further back than Row R - and I still had a blast!

And it is indeed a risk to pass up Row R. Who knows if something better will come up? Perhaps it won't.

GlennLover
03-16-2012, 10:06 PM

)

Dare I ask? I would love to have some piece of memoribilia from on of the concerts as well. I can do paypal or send money too.

Windeagle
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Dare I ask? I would love to have some piece of memoribilia from on of the concerts as well. I can do paypal or send money too.

I'd be happy to pick up souvenirs for people. PM me when the time gets closer and we can work out the details.

GlennLover
03-16-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd be happy to pick up souvenirs for people. PM me when the time gets closer and we can work out the details.

Thank you so much! I'll do that.

Windeagle
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Two weeks from tonight, I'll be at my very first solo Glenn show and meeting other Borderers for the first time. All the chat out of Atlanta and NO is making me so excited! I'm so glad some of you decided to venture north to CT!

Victim of Love
05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
I just hope they've made some improvements on the approach to parking. The last time we went to Foxwoods it was an absolute nightmare with traffic backed up for miles. We didn't think we were ever going to get there...so if you aren't staying right there, allow yourselves plenty of time just in case.

Windeagle
05-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the advice, VOL. I've never been to Foxwoods, so it's good to have advance warning. We're probably going down fairly early that day to scout things out.

Molly
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Hubby's going to be traveling thru New England this area during this time for work. I really considered tagging along with him and the 2 of us would travel a bit out of the way to get to this show. Just too much going on here with a sick mom, etc., so I'll have to hope for something to show up closer.

Hope everyone going has a blast!

Windeagle
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Hubby's going to be traveling thru New England this area during this time for work. I really considered tagging along with him and the 2 of us would travel a bit out of the way to get to this show. Just too much going on here with a sick mom, etc., so I'll have to hope for something to show up closer.

Hope everyone going has a blast!

Aww, I'm sorry you can't make it, Molly. It would have been nice to meet you. Best wishes to your mom.

sodascouts
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
What a shame, Molly. It would have been nice to see you again.

Henley Honey
05-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I hadn't planned on going . . . . . but I am. :spin:

Windeagle
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM

YAY!!

Henley Honey
05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
YAY!!

I'll send you a pm with my contact info, WE. I'm running to Fedex to pick up my tickets this morning. I think I caught the Frey fever from Soda. This'll be #3. Town Hall, Bergen PAC & Foxwoods. My hubby said "Don't even think about The Wiltern".

Looking forward to meeting you!

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Do think about the Wiltern HH. I am!

Windeagle
05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll send you a pm with my contact info, WE. I'm running to Fedex to pick up my tickets this morning. I think I caught the Frey fever from Soda. This'll be #3. Town Hall, Bergen PAC & Foxwoods. My hubby said "Don't even think about The Wiltern".

Looking forward to meeting you!

Got it. Just sent you a note. This'll be so much fun!

GlennLover
05-19-2012, 06:31 PM

:blueblob::blueblob::blueblob::nod:

Freypower
05-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Do think about the Wiltern HH. I am!

GA, if you are thinking about it, you know I have a ticket you can use.

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2012, 07:28 AM
GA, if you are thinking about it, you know I have a ticket you can use.

Thanks FP. I've sent you a pm but I've nothing definite. Had a very traumatic weekend here and I need the dust to settle on seething before I can commit. I can get readily priced flights that suit though. So it's possible.