PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Nicks to open for the Eagles in Vegas!!!!! Update: April Fool's!

sodascouts
04-01-2012, 05:48 AM
One of my Fleetwood Mac friends forwarded this to me. I know this should probably go in "On the Road with the Eagles" but I was so excited I just had to put it here! Of course my dream would be for both Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles to tour together but this is the next best thing!

Here's the news item:

STEVIE NICKS PAIRS UP WITH EAGLES FOR SHOW IN LAS VEGAS

Classic rockers set to play April 21 at the MGM Grand

Stevie Nicks, lead singer of the band Fleetwood Mac, will be opening for the Eagles for their show at the MGM Grand this month. In a phone interview, Nicks talked to LiveDaily about the upcoming show, and why she is an "honorary Eagle."

LD: How did this come about?

SN: I'm touring for my new album In Your Dreams this year, and I'm touring with Rod Stewart. A few years ago, I did the same thing with Don Henley. Singing "Leather and Lace" with Rod night after night these past months has made me realize I really wanted to tour again with Don. When I talked to him about it, he told me he was busy touring with the Eagles. That bummed me out, but I guess he talked to [our manager] Irving Azoff about it, because he called me up later and asked me if I was interested in doing a one-off with them in Vegas. I said "Definitely!"

LD: Can we expect you to appear onstage together?

SN: Don will come out during my set to sing "Leather and Lace" but he has to preserve his voice, so that will be it.

LD: What about you coming out during theirs?

SN: We haven't really worked out that detail yet.... maybe the encore. I don't know. Glenn [Frey] might still be a little mad that when he opened for Fleetwood Mac back in 1982, we didn't let him play with us during our encore. Now when Joe [Walsh] opened for me in 1983, that wasn't an issue. He was too wasted to perform by the time I was doing my encore. I guess we'll see how it goes.

LD: You have quite a history with the Eagles.

SN: Oh yeah, You know, Fleetwood Mac opened for the Eagles once, and played a double bill with them a couple times in the 70s, and Lindsey [Buckingham] and I opened for Poco before we were in Fleetwood Mac when Timothy B. Schmit was in that band.

Plus, I was totally in love with Don in the seventies and totally in love with Joe in the eighties. Don appeared on one of my albums and I helped Joe complete one of his. Don says that I have made so much beautiful music with him and Joe that I should be an "honorary Eagle." I was so flattered when he said that because the Eagles are such a great band and it's nice to be appreciated for my talent.

You know, I would probably have married Don or Joe if it weren't for my career. I couldn't give it up, and men have a hard time being in a relationship with someone as successful and famous as I am.

LD: Understandable. Any chance of Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles doing a double bill in the future?

SN: I think it's a great idea. We actually tried to set something like that up a couple summers ago, but it hit some problems. The guys were all arguing about which band gets top billing and how to divide the money and how long the sets should be.... I don't care about that kind of thing, but certain people who shall remain nameless care VERY MUCH. Maybe one of these days, it'll happen, but I doubt it. Men can be so difficult!

The Eagles and Stevie Nicks will be performing in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand on April 21, 2012 at 8:00 pm. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com (http://ticketmaster.com).

Source: LiveDaily (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/NicksOpeningforEagles.jpg)

===================

I HAVE TO BE THERE!!! Looking at plane fares now! Oh my gosh, why couldn't this have been announced sooner?!

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Love it Soda!:wink:

Topkat
04-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Stevie Nicks, "Men can be so difficult"

Yeah, boy did she ever get that one right! I'm not even thinking about the Eagles there, just Men in General!!:brickwall:

Great that she will be appearing with them in Vegas! Lucky people going to see that show!

Henley Honey
04-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Wow, Soda. Now aren't you sorry we turned down the seats in the 10th row!!! I could kick myself. :brickwall:

Glennhoney
04-01-2012, 09:15 AM
HAPPY APRIL'S FOOL DAY???????????:hilarious:

Victim of Love
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Taking into account that today IS April 1st...)

I agree Topkat! (But I wouldn't give mine up, all the same.) What I found most amusing was in her last answer where she said "certain people who shall remain nameless". Hmmm.....Mick? Lindsay? Glenn? Don? Joe? Wait, it must have been Irving!

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah. I'd copped it too but I didnt want to spoil the fun too early which is why I just winked!

Definitely one of your better ones Soda!

WalshFan88
04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
DANGIT! I fell for it! :-x:brickwall::rofl:

timfan
04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
This was a great one very realistic and well thought out! The only reason I didn't fall for it is last night I thought to myself "ohh tommorow's april 1st, Soda will be putting up a April Fools joke on the the board; soo I was ready for it ! LOL :nahnah:

Koala
04-01-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL! Great April Fool

whitcap
04-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Dang it! When I went to bed last night I remembered that it was gonna be April fools day but I forgot this morning and fell for it. I should've followed the livedaily link at the bottom of soda's post :hilarious:

sodascouts
04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I thought about doing Stevie graphics for the entire board but decided that would be overkill. :lol:

Windeagle
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Loved the LiveDaily link. I figured it was an April Fool, but you made it so realistic! Great job!

Maleah
04-01-2012, 02:04 PM
LOL! VERY impressive Soda.....you had me going for a second! :hilarious:

Troubadour
04-01-2012, 02:21 PM
OMG. It's 7:20PM here and this is the first time I have logged onto The Border today. I fell for it hook, line and sinker!

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Dang it! When I went to bed last night I remembered that it was gonna be April fools day but I forgot this morning and fell for it. I should've followed the livedaily link at the bottom of soda's post :hilarious:

I didn't even bother to follow it. I had been expecting a good fool by Soda and livedaily just sounded a bit dubious to be real!

Henley Honey
04-01-2012, 03:59 PM
OMG. It's 7:20PM here and this is the first time I have logged onto The Border today. I fell for it hook, line and sinker!

Me too! I should have knows something was up, because I was taken aback when I read the part where 'men have a hard time being in a relationship with someone as successful and famous as I am.' I thought, wow, that's a pretty outrageous statement. Nothing like tooting your own horn!

Payback's a b#tch, though (and so am I).
Anybody want to buy Soda's front row seat for the Atlanta concert??? :nahnah:

Topkat
04-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Wait, Soda, Remind me if I ever meet you to kick your ASS.!!! I so fell for it!

sodascouts
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, all in good fun! :fear:

timfan
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, all in good fun! :fear:

For sure! :hilarious: And the Eagles related April fools joke is a yearly tradition around here! It wouldn't be April 1st without it :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
:hilarious: OMG!!! You are so hysterically good at this year after year after year!!!

I pulled up the Border, just to scan it and saw the heading and went OMG-what is going on. As I started to pull up the thread, it suddenly hit me and I knew we'd been had again this year. :thumbsup: Good job!!!

Now how the heck much time did you spend doing all of this? You are amazing. Just got to tell you thanks for spending the time to make this such a special place by doing these kind of things. Adds a lot to the board you just wouldn't get any where else!!!!

Wildthyme
04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Great one Nancy....I fell for it until the very end :rofl:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Since I was burned a few months ago when looking through old threads, something about a naked Beat The Odds pic, I logged onto the board looking for something to do with April Fools. She still had me sucked in until about halfway through when I thought, 'they can't do this after tickets are already on sale'.

sodascouts
04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Now how the heck much time did you spend doing all of this? You are amazing. Just got to tell you thanks for spending the time to make this such a special place by doing these kind of things. Adds a lot to the board you just wouldn't get any where else!!!!

Just a few hours - and that includes the time I spent thinking of it, lol. Thanks for the kind words!

VA - that "naked photo" was the first April Fool's joke I ever did. It started the whole thing!

WalshFan88
04-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Yes - I thought it was hilarious too - after being disappointed that it was a joke LOL. And I only clicked on the LiveDaily link after someone mentioned it LOL! I never think to check those things. The "comment" from "Don" was hysterical!

Good one Soda - great work... But you know, it ruined me on all other April Fools jokes for the rest of the day because my BS radar was running in overdrive just knowing, so I didn't get fooled by any others! :hilarious: The Border is the first place I check in the morning other than Facebook, and this was the first place to get fooled! :D

Brooke
04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Good one Soda! :applause:

I was gone all weekend so didn't check in here until now and the cat was out of the bag. I'd have probably fallen for it too though for awhile until I remembered it was April 1!

EaglesKiwi
04-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Since I was burned a few months ago when looking through old threads, something about a naked Beat The Odds pic, I logged onto the board looking for something to do with April Fools. She still had me sucked in until about halfway through when I thought, 'they can't do this after tickets are already on sale'.
I haven't stumbled across that one yet!

Loved the LiveDaily link - the expression on Don's face matched the comment perfectly!:hilarious:

GlennLover
04-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I have to admit that you got me too, Soda, even though I knew it was April Fool's Day & several things in the article didn't sound quite right as I was reading it! I guess that it was just that it was so well done that I fell for it :hilarious:. You are too creative & clever!!! I read it to Harold & he fell for it too!