PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions

zeldabjr
04-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Sometimes the silliest things pop into my head about these guys...anyone else have that happen? Today's silly thought...I wonder what kind of cars these guys drive? :hmm:

zelda

Freypower
04-19-2012, 11:18 PM
When Glenn played a benefit at the Roxy in LA a couple of years ago he had an S class Mercedes. I don't know if he still has it.

zeldabjr
04-19-2012, 11:43 PM
When Glenn played a benefit at the Roxy in LA a couple of years ago he had an S class Mercedes. I don't know if he still has it.

wow, how did you manage to see his car?

zelda

Freypower
04-20-2012, 12:35 AM
wow, how did you manage to see his car?

zelda

I didn't. I'm not in LA. Someone who was there saw it.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2012, 03:46 AM
It was in a pic someone took of him getting out of the car. I remember it too!

EaglesKiwi
04-20-2012, 04:14 AM
And what cars do we think would suit their personalities?

Joe needs something quirky...
Timothy's would be understated & classy

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Despite the fact I'm sure this was a rental or car service, this is what Timothy showed up in for his solo gig in Chicago a couple years ago. I still wanted to go out a touch it. :hilarious:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/9521_1160721250753_1009445053_30383.jpg

SteveJoburg
04-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Sometimes the silliest things pop into my head about these guys...anyone else have that happen? Today's silly thought...I wonder what kind of cars these guys drive? :hmm:

zelda

Jokes aside, I am a petrolhead of note, and this is something I also think of constantly... For many artists... I saw a doccie a few years ago about John Mellencamp, and at the end he went outside, climbed into a red Audi TT and drove away... His wife's car, or his?

In a John Mayer DVD, John is driving around in a big Merc SUV.

People like Bruce Springsteen are famous for driving older, classic American big block muscle cars...

But I have never learned anything about the cars the Eagles drive.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I think I saw a pic of Joe and Marjorie a few years ago tooling around in a 500 Mustang. Not a car you can walk into a dealership to buy, that's for sure.

Topkat
04-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I read someplace that Timothy has a little sports car, but I don't know what kind. I'm sure they all have a few cars. Those SUV's they go to solo gigs are car service limos. Almost everyone uses them. I see them in NY all the time. They all have the tinted windows so you don't know who's in them.

Windeagle
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Glenn used to have a Camaro back in the 80s. It's given credit in the liner notes of No Fun Aloud. He also refers to a Camaro in "River of Dreams." I've often wondered if the convertible Camaro in the ROD video is really his.

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Glenn used to have a Camaro back in the 80s. It's given credit in the liner notes of No Fun Aloud. He also refers to a Camaro in "River of Dreams." I've often wondered if the convertible Camaro in the ROD video is really his.

I've wondered that too.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
This is what happens when you post without three cups of coffee and while answering emails all at the same time. Joe's car was a Ford GT, commonly called 'the Mustang's big brother'. I've searched on the picture but no luck. Maybe later I'll see if I saved it on another computer.

Brooke
04-20-2012, 11:12 AM
I think this is the Mercedes that Fp mentioned:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/Glennmercedes2008Roxy.jpg

And that wonderful camaro:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyCar.jpg

zeldabjr
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks Brooke for the pics...looks like just another businessman in the Mercedes...now the Camaro...that's more like it!:cool:

What do you think Don drives?...some electric environmentally friendly car maybe?...a high end one of course.

zelda

zeldabjr
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I read someplace that Timothy has a little sports car, but I don't know what kind. I'm sure they all have a few cars. Those SUV's they go to solo gigs are car service limos. Almost everyone uses them. I see them in NY all the time. They all have the tinted windows so you don't know who's in them.

yeah I can't see Timothy B in a Mercedes!

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Those SUV's they go to solo gigs are car service limos. Almost everyone uses them. I see them in NY all the time. They all have the tinted windows so you don't know who's in them.

That's what I said when I posted the picture above.

Freypower
04-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I was under the impression that the car Glenn is sitting on above is a Ford GTO, not a Camaro, but I don't know much about American cars so please correct me if necessary.

*I checked the liner notes of NFA & it's a Trans Am he mentions under I've Been Born Again:

'This version features the Heart Attack horns, Tom Nixon & my Trans Am'.

Don used to have a BMW because it is specifically mentioned in the 1979 Rolling Stone cover story.

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 06:20 PM
[

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyCar.jpg[/quote]

I believe this is the car used in South of Sunset which he mentioned in an interview when he was on Arsenio Hall's show to promote the series.

Freypower
04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
OK, it's a Camaro; I will take your word for it. I wouldn't have a clue. :doh:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Hmmm.... The GTO is very definitely Pontiac and not Chevrolet, but like everything put out by these two GM subsets, they mimicked each other. Like the Camero and Trans Am for so many years. So I'm sure Chevy had a GTO sister, I don't remember what it was. A GTO wasn't a Trans-Am as far as I can remember.

What he's sitting on there looks like the last generation of GTO to me and I really thought a GTO was a model of Ventura and a Trans-Am a model of Firebird. I had a Firebird a long time ago, my one and only move away from Ford. I loved that car and I still dream about it at night. I'm surprised I survived owning it. But, the thing always had mechanical problems, so the next vehicle I bought was not a Pontiac.

Topkat
04-20-2012, 06:50 PM
That is a Pontiac GTO. It was not the same as the Chevy Camaro. The Camaro and the Pontiac Firebird had the same body.. The GTO was a faster car with a bigger engine. I dated some guy that had one. It was more of a racing car.
Does anyone know about what year it is??

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I just looked it up! I think it's a 1974, since that was the last year the GTO was made until the 1999 model which looks nothing like this. It was originally built on a Le Mans frame, then switched to the Ventura frame, which seems to be what eventually killed it. And yes, the Trans Ams/Firebirds were lighter, more aerodynamic, but not as fast as these. I would have killed myself in a GTO, no doubt about it. All Trans Ams seem to have the firebird emblem in the center of the grill.

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Hubby's out in the garage or I'd ask him. He had a GTO when we met, I think a 74 or 76 perhaps? What Glenn is sitting on is exactly what it was. We also had a 81 or 82 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta that hubby taught me to drive in and it looked nothing like the GTO. Yeah-we kinda like the muscle cars and we switched over to Ford Mustangs right after that. Had several of them. Sold my last one a couple years ago and been thinking about getting another one. LOVE THE MUSCLE!!!!!!

Windeagle
04-20-2012, 10:23 PM
I was under the impression that the car Glenn is sitting on above is a Ford GT, not a Camaro, but I don't know much about American cars so please correct me if necessary.

*I checked the liner notes of NFA & it's a Trans Am he mentions under I've Been Born Again:

'This version features the Heart Attack horns, Tom Nixon & my Trans Am'.

Oops. That's what I get for posting from work where I can't check my facts.

I've never been much of a GM follower, so Trans Ams and Camaros all look the same to me. I was raised on Fords and Chryslers.

Topkat
04-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't get it, if it's a Trans Am, why does it say GTO on the front grill?They are not the same car.
Anyway it's a Pontiac. I think the liner notes are not right. That is always a possibility

Freypower
04-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't get it, if it's a Trans Am, why does it say GTO on the front grill?They are not the same car.
Anyway it's a Pontiac. I think the liner notes are not right. That is always a possibility

He wasn't talking about the GTO in the NFA liner notes & nobody said he was. He mentioned a Trans Am in the NFA liner notes, not the GTO in the photo.

sodascouts
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Just to clarify for those who may be confused: the photo of Glenn with the yellow car was part of the promotional materials for his 1993 series South of Sunset. As GL said, it was used in the series. It is probable he did not even own that car and that it was a prop provided by the studio.

The album No Fun Aloud was released over ten years earlier in 1982.

Topkat
04-21-2012, 01:31 AM
OK, thanks for clearing that up...I was just confused:confused:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2012, 12:37 PM
What do you think Don drives?...some electric environmentally friendly car maybe?...a high end one of course.

zelda

Well - I'd bet when Don is at home in Dallas in full cowboy mode, he might drive a pickup or SUV. I've seen a larger version of this picture and I wanna say that he's behind the wheel of a pickup here, but I'm not absolutely certain.

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyCarBlack.jpg

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Well - I'd bet when Don is at home in Dallas in full cowboy mode, he might drive a pickup or SUV. I've seen a larger version of this picture and I wanna say that he's behind the wheel of a pickup here, but I'm not absolutely certain.

I think that's actually a fancy convertible. His hair even looks a tad wind blown.

UK TimFan
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM

I'm first in line to say that I know zilch about American cars (except that a lot of them used to be made in
Detroit :-) ) and perhaps pick-up (vehicle-wise) means a different style of vehicle between the US/UK.
But to a UK mind, the rear-view mirror looks to be in the wrong position on the door for it to be a pick-up. Plus the style (or do I just mean 'shape'?) of the mirror looks too 'classy'. Do your pick-ups have white interior trim?
And finally, it seems as though you can see the top edge of the windscreen but nothing attached to it (i.e. no roof) so to me it seems as if Don's in what in the UK would be called a convertible.
Admittedly, beach buggies come without a roof, but I don't think they have white interior trim. :grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes, not even the smaller pick-ups have mirrors that small, and if he had a gas-guzzling pickup, it would be a big one, right? To move horse trailers and such. He probably has all kinds of vehicles and I imagine those before children were a lot different than those now!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Well - as I said - I wasn't sure. lol

I could have sworn I've seen a picture of Don behind the wheel of a pickup somewhere, but my memory ain't what it used to be, that's for sure. :ack: This was the only picture that came to my mind of Don in a car when I read Zelda's post.

TOGS
04-21-2012, 02:37 PM
I think this is the Mercedes that Fp mentioned:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/Glennmercedes2008Roxy.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyCar.jpg

The yellow car Not a Camero, it is a Pontiac GTO!!!

Woodstock
04-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Back in Nov., Skip Demuth was following Timothy during his mini tour and he wrote about hopping into Timothy's "sporty two-seater". That sporty two-seater is a Porsche 911 in midnight blue....and I know this because it's my dream car, so of course that's what Timothy drives!!

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Back in Nov., Skip Demuth was following Timothy during his mini tour and he wrote about hopping into Timothy's "sporty two-seater". That sporty two-seater is a Porsche 911 in midnight blue....and I know this because it's my dream car, so of course that's what Timothy drives!!

Ooo, I can see it now!:smitten:

zelda

EaglesKiwi
04-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sure Don's mentioned "driving around in my pickup truck." I can't quite remember the timing though - did he mention it during one of his solo concerts maybe?

EaglesKiwi
04-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Very nice too. Bet he has to have something practical as well, though!

Freypower
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I forgot to mention that Glenn has been quoted as saying he liked Porsches. He is seen in the Smuggler's Blues video in a Porsche & during Ordinary Average Guy in Christchurch the lyrics include 'Glenn's got a Porsche/Joe lost his Dodge'.

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 09:55 PM
I forgot to mention that Glenn has been quoted as saying he liked Porsches. He is seen in the Smuggler's Blues video in a Porsche & during Ordinary Average Guy in Christchurch the lyrics include 'Glenn's got a Porsche/Joe lost his Dodge'.

Oh lord...that cracked me up...:lol:....

zelda

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 11:20 PM
As far as Don and trucks go, he looks quite natural driving an old truck in the "Taking You Home" video.

Does anyone have a screenshot of that? I'm afraid I don't.

Victim of Love
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Not to change the subject but here's another silly questions: boxers or briefs?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Not to change the subject but here's another silly questions: boxers or briefs?

I refuse to admit I've wondered the same thing.

GlennLover
04-22-2012, 11:34 AM
We have wondered that before. :heybaby: There is a thread that contains our discussion, but I don't remember which one.

ETA: I found it here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2417&highlight=boxers+briefs

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I refuse to admit I've wondered the same thing.

I can't believe I've never thought of that!...but you guys had to bring it up...thanks a lot!:-)....especially after my dream last night...

zelda

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
We have wondered that before. :heybaby: There is a thread that contains our discussion, but I don't remember which one.

ETA: I found it here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2417&highlight=boxers+briefs

some of the posts in this thread are priceless!:-)

Brooke
04-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry to confuse everyone about the Camaro/GTO! It says GTO right on the front. Have no idea what made me think camaro! :blush: :oops: And someone said it, a GTO was made by Pontiac.

SallyGee
06-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Timothy used to have a beemer back in the day. Now I can picture him in a jeep with (his) the top off and his hair blowing in the breeze.:smitten:

zeldabjr
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Timothy used to have a beemer back in the day. Now I can picture him in a jeep with (his) the top off and his hair blowing in the breeze.:smitten:

Did you see the post about a reporter interviewing him last fall in his midnight blue Porsche 911?...imagine that pulling up at a stop light next to you...imagine...imagine:inlove:

BramwenR
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM

:rofl:Oh God, I had a ball reading through all those posts, you naughty gals!! :laugh: :fingerwag:

Anyways, you're all wrong...if they can afford expensive cars they can probably afford something better than tightie whities or silk thingamajigs...they gotta be partaking of the skills of some designer gent with several zeros after his name (it's a known fact that Il Divo wear Armani everything and they told us what they wear under their longs [boxers] :shock:).

So I reckon it's boxers, that's what they all wear these days :rolleyes:

BramwenR
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
As for the cars they drive, hmmm..from my way of thinking, anything that goes vroom vroom and has a fancy name tailored towards plenty of dollars :pimp:

But I reckon Tim drives a little sporty number, life in the fast lane :laugh: and probly a FWD thingy he zips around in off the main drag.

:jealous: