PDA

View Full Version : Joe at Montalvo, Saratoga, CA - 9/30

VAisForEagleLovers
05-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Popped up on Ticketmaster in the last few days, I hadn't checked in a while.

Tickets on sale to general public 5/11 10am PDT. LiveNation mobile app and CEN presale on 5/10 (I don't know this month's code). Already on sale to Montalvo members.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C0048A2D63F731B?artistid=736416&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Henleyfan
05-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I just got tickets for this concert as a surprise for my husband who is a huge Joe Walsh fan. It is the least I could do for all the times he has gone with me to the many Don Henley concerts and stood by as I drooled over Don. Of course I get to enjoy Joe's concert too.

Henley Honey
05-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I just got tickets for this concert as a surprise for my husband who is a huge Joe Walsh fan. It is the least I could do for all the times he has gone with me to the many Don Henley concerts and stood by as I drooled over Don. Of course I get to enjoy Joe's concert too.

That sounds like a win-win situation, HF. Enjoy!

sodascouts
08-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Where are you guys sitting, Henleyfan? I know good ones may pop up later, but right now, the "best available" are towards the back.

Henleyfan
08-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Where are you guys sitting, Henleyfan? I know good ones may pop up later, but right now, the "best available" are towards the back.

I wasn't able to get that good of seats. We are in row O somewhere near the middle.

sodascouts
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Row F is available now.

Henleyfan
09-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I just don't get how this ticket thing works. I really want to get front row seats for one of Don's show one day but I don't know hw you all do it. I always try to get tickets when it first goes on sale but I get the impression that isn't the way o go.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2012, 04:28 PM
For this one, and there have been others like it, members get first dibs on tickets. Sometimes, venues allow members a refund up to a few days before the concert, and then put them on sale. So you're caught between a rock and a hard place. Do you buy the best ticket available when they go on sale? Or do you check back every few days and hope a better one pops up. And when one does pop up, do you wait and hope a better one pops up? It's a crap shoot as far as I can tell.

JeffC
09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I have an extra second row ticket if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ive always been a dreamer
09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome Jeff and I wish I could take you up on that ticket, but I'm on the other side of the country and there's no way I can make that trip at the present time. :sad:

JeffC
09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
This will be my first timing seeing Joe solo. I have seen them all together twice. I saw two second row tickets for sale on craigslist and could not resist.

Brooke
09-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Great! Have fun JC and be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

And welcome to The Border!

zeldabjr
09-27-2012, 05:34 PM
JC... wow I wouldn't have been able to resist those tickets either....I saw Joe in Aug. and didn't have a very good seat but he was awesome!...you will love it...can't wait to hear about it....

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome Jeff! I bet you'll have a fabulous time, up so close!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 12:00 AM
welcome:partytime::partytime::partytime: to the border!!!

TIFFANNY TWISTED

VAisForEagleLovers
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Welcome to The Border, JC, and have a great time at the show!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 11:13 AM
jahh and I saw Joe at the borgata in AC last year for our 30th anniversary.
He was fantastic. I just love watching JOe play the guitar...please post a concert review and have a great time:smokin:

JeffC
09-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I just won a meet and greet with Joe tomorrow. Anyone have any advice?
I am not sure what to say.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh wow!! That is so cool! I really have no advice. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

sodascouts
09-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh my gosh! You lucky duck!!!

I wish I could advise you but the few times I have met someone famous, I have always put my foot in my mouth at some point. The last thing you'd want is advice from the likes of me.

Wildthyme
09-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Congrats Jeff! I have had the opportunity to speak to Joe on the phone and to meet him in person at a Fan Club Meet and Greet. The phone conversation was easy but when I met him in person I could hardly think of a thing to say. My only suggestion is to think of something you really want to hear the answer to and can build a short conversation around. That's what worked for me on the phone...I was completely unprepared at the meet and greet :(

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 12:02 AM
wow!!!!!

That is awsome..you were ment to go and now you are gonna met a legend. I , like soda tend to put my foot in my mouth. ...remember , he is a normal guy who puts his pants on same as you..Remember ;;;;;charge camera battery or take extra and something to sign.I never remember to ask them for an autograph..always so happy to have the picture . HAve fun and good luck.:thud:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 12:03 AM
dont forget to tell us all about it>>tt

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 12:28 AM
WOW...that is soooo awesome JC!!!....you are one lucky guy....how did you win it?....I can't wait to hear all about it and about the concert...My advice...take an extra pen!:thumbsup:

mustangkim11
09-30-2012, 06:13 AM

Welcome, Jeff!

Have fun at Joe's show. And def have fun at the meet and greet. Can't wait to hear about both of those things later on.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-30-2012, 11:41 AM
How awesome, Jeff. I am very :jealous::jealous:, but happy for you anyway.

Don't have any advice for you other than to think of something to ask him beforehand. You probably can't go wrong asking a guitar question or something about one of his songs. Good luck and have a blast! :thumbsup: