PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Top 40 Songs - Border Poll

Ive always been a dreamer
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
In another thread, one of our members, BBKron, suggested that we compile an official The Border 40th Anniversary Top 40 Eagles Songs to commemorate the band's 40th anniversary year.

Here is how he recommended that we conduct this little exercise. Each member who wants to participate should submit your list of your own personal favorite TOP 20 Eagles songs in the order of your favorite to least favorite. After sufficient time (approximately 2 - 3 weeks), I will compile all the lists to determine the ultimate list of top 40 songs. Ranks will be determined the same way we have conducted other recent polls - #1 on a list is worth 20 points, #2-19 points, etc. Because there are so many different tastes and favorites, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a Top 40 list based on each person's Top 20 selections.

So, hopefully, we'll get a good number of Borderers to play along and post a list. I'm still working on mine - this will be extremely hard for me since I love most Eagles songs. :partytime: But, this can be our own little way of paying tribute to the band that has meant so much to so many of us for years. It should be fun to see the final results.

zeldabjr
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
OH this is gonna be so much fun!!:grin:

GlennLover
06-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I've started my list butI don't know what to cut out to limit it to 20 songs. Other than the first 2 songs it's going to be next to impossible to rate the rest of them! :brickwall:

Freypower
06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I usually do these off the top of my head. I am, however, finally going to take this opportunity to change the song that is my favourite. It's time to be honest. The band may no longer play the song live but that is irrelevant to me.

1. New Kid In Town
2. Hotel California
3. Lyin' Eyes
4. Heartache Tonight
5. Tequila Sunrise
6. Take It Easy
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
8. Long Road Out Of Eden
9. Life In The Fast Lane
10. Get Over It
11. Somebody
12. Good Day In Hell
13. Already Gone
14. Witchy Woman
15. You Are Not Alone
16. It's Your World Now
17. One Of These Nights
18. Pretty Maids All In A Row
19. King Of Hollywood
20. I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

There are 'glaring omissions'. I know that a few of these will not be in the final list; but this is 'my' list.

BramwenR
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I think this is a great idea. I would like to participate but I feel like a bit of a fraud in that I am not familiar with all their albums.

So guess in fairness I will just be the interested observer :thumbsup:

Tori
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I'll start working on a list. This is going to be really hard, but... I'll certainly take a stab at it!

Victim of Love
06-28-2012, 11:24 PM
What a great idea! I'm going to start working on my own personal Top 20 later and will post ASAP. It will be interesting to see what every submits.

WalshFan88
06-29-2012, 12:51 AM
1. Hotel California
2. Already Gone
3. Life In The Fast Lane
4. Take It Easy
5. One Of These Nights
6. Victim Of Love
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
8. Take It To The Limit
9. The Long Run
10. Heartache Tonight
11. James Dean
12. The Best Of My Love
13. In The City
14. I Can't Tell You Why
15. Witchy Woman
16. Get Over It
17. Love Will Keep Us Alive
18. Lyin' Eyes
19. Good Day In Hell
20. Desperado

Koala
06-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Great idea! I have to think about my list.

TimothyBFan
06-29-2012, 11:18 AM
It's about time you be honest about NKIT, FP!!!! :fingerwag: :hilarious: JK---I can almost guarantee it will make it into my top 20.

Austin--Hotel California in the #1 spot? :jawdrop: Didn't see that coming. ;-)

Will have my list shortly.

Windeagle
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I just started this project by opening up Word, scanning through the albums and making a list of any song that I thought had even a shot at being in my Top 20. My list kicked over to a second page. Yikes, this is going to be hard.

TimothyBFan
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
After much deliberation, I have a list. Only took a couple hours. :hilarious: I tore up 2 list, then realized like the first 9-10 songs were always the same but a couple ordered slightly different. I guess it just depends on my mood. So this could be different tomorrow but about the same songs every time. And it's a bit different from when we did the desert island lists.

1. Take It To The Limit
2. The Best Of My Love
3. Waiting In The Weeds
4. I Can't Tell You Why
5. Already Gone
6. King Of Hollywood
7. One Of These Nights
8. New Kid In Town
9. Seven Bridges Road
10. Life In The Fast Lane
11. Take It Easy
12. Heartache Tonight
13. Get Over It
14. How Long
15. The Long Run
16. Peaceful Easy Feeling
17. Lyin' Eyes
18. Victim Of Love
19. After The Thrill Is Gone
20. Those Shoes

Windeagle
06-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok, that wasn't as bad as I thought. The hard part was narrowing it to 20. After that, I just said, "Ok, if I had all these in front of me right now, which one would I play first? And next?" and so on. The list came right together. A couple little tweaks and it was done.

It pays not agonize over it, because like TBF said, it could be different tomorrow.

1. After the Thrill Is Gone
2. Already Gone
3. Doolin Dalton Desperado Reprise
4. Doolin Dalton
5. Long Road Out Of Eden
6. Ol’ 55
7. Outlaw Man
8. Hollywood Waltz
9. Wasted Time
10. Learn To Be Still
11. Hotel California
12. The Last Resort
13. Get Over It
14. Witchy Woman
15. Best of My Love
16. Heartache Tonight
17. New Kid In Town
18. Waiting in the Weeds
19. Take It To The Limit
20. Good Day In Hell

Tori
06-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay. I think I've got a decent list in mind.

Victim Of Love
Wasted Time
Hotel California
Learn To Be Still
Life In The Fast Lane
Pretty Maids All In a Row
New Kid In Town
The Last Resort
Desperado
Take It Easy
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Already Gone
Best Of My Love
Lyin' Eyes
One Of These Nights
In The City
The Long Run
Good Day In Hell
Witchy Woman
Those Shoes

That was really hard to decide. I kept taking songs out and putting songs in... I just love all their songs pretty much equally, but these are the ones I really love.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Did an initial list and managed to cut it down to 25. Guess I have more work to do.

Windeagle
06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Did an initial list and managed to cut it down to 25. Guess I have more work to do.

I feel your pain! 25 down to 20 was the hardest part of the whole exercise!

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Great idea Dreamer and thanks for taking on this 'arduous task'! I would know say my top 5 or so but after that there are so many I like that paring the list down is going to be difficult. It will be interesting to see too what songs that are lesser known generally will make it into our Top 40!

Freypower
06-29-2012, 06:34 PM
It's about time you be honest about NKIT, FP!!!! :fingerwag: :hilarious: JK---I can almost guarantee it will make it into my top 20.

If I were to do a really honest top 20 of all songs, not just the Eagles, it would be radically different from what it has been for years.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2012, 11:23 PM
OK, here 'tis...

1 One Of These Nights
2 New Kid In Town
3 Heartache Tonight
4 Tequila Sunrise
5 Life In The Fast Lane
6 Lyin' Eyes
7 Seven Bridges Road
8 Waiting In the Weeds
9 Already Gone
10 Take It Easy
11 Peaceful Easy Feeling
12 What Do I Do With My Heart
13 James Dean
14 The Long run
15 How Long
16 Wasted Time
17 Victim of Love
18 I Can't Tell You Why
19 Midnight Flyer
20 After The Thrill Is Gone

zeldabjr
06-30-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm not changing this list anymore...

1. I Can't Tell You Why
2. Life In The Fast Lane
3. One Of These Nights
4. Love Will Keep Us Alive
5. Get Over It
6. Witchy Woman
7. Seven Bridges Road
8. In The City
9. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
10. Hole In The World
11. Hotel California
12. The Long Run
13. Take It Easy
14. Heartache Tonight
15. Tequilla Sunrise
16. Already Gone
17. How Long
18. New Kid In Town
19. The Last Resort
20. Waiting In The Weeds

EaglesKiwi
06-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Today's list. The songs would mostly stay the same - this is very similar to my desert island list, but in quite a different order to what I had originally written down.

1.Long Road Out of Eden
2.Waiting In The Weeds
3.What Do I Do With My Heart
4.New Kid In Town
5.I Can't Tell You Why
6.Sad Cafe
7.Desperado
8.Hotel California
9.Get Over It
10.Take It To The Limit
11.Witchy Woman
12.Last Resort
13.Heartache Tonight
14.Love Will Keep Us Alive
15.No More Cloudy Days
16.Wasted Time
17.Seven Bridges Road
18.Life In The Fast Lane
19.I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
20.Already Gone

Brooke
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I think this is a great idea BBK and am anxious to see the end results. It's funny, last night we shuffled all Eagles songs on the ipod and had a great time listening. It's gonna take me a little time to get my list together, but I definitely will. There will be much pain and suffering to narrow it down to 20. :worried:

zeldabjr
06-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I think this is a great idea BBK and am anxious to see the end results. It's funny, last night we shuffled all Eagles songs on the ipod and had a great time listening. It's gonna take me a little time to get my list together, but I definitely will. There will be much pain and suffering to narrow it down to 20. :worried:

You're right Brooke...it was very painful!!!

Glennhoney
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
....ooof...this is gonna be very difficult...:brickwall:

SallyGee
06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Coming up with the songs was easy, the top ten, not too bad, the next ten, I kept changing the order. But this is it as of right now.

1. Peaceful easy Feeling
2. Already Gone
3. Take It Easy
4. I Can't Tell You Why
5. Love Will Keep Us Alive
6. Seven Bridges Road
7. Tequila Sunrise
8. Waiting In the Weeds
9. The Best of My Love
10. Hotel California
11. Lyin' Eyes
12. Take It to the Limit
13. One of These Nights
14. Try And Love Again
15. How Long
16. Desperado
17. Wasted Time
18. The Long Run
19. The Sad Cafe
20. Midnight Flyer

SallyGee
06-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey! I did it! I got my signature!!!!!!!!:blueblob:

Lisa
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Note: I changed the order from favorite to 20.

1. Take It Easy
2. Take It To The Limit
3. The Best of My Love
4. One of These Nights
5. James Dean
6. Ol' 55
7. Hotel California
8. Life In The Fast Lane
9. Witchy Woman
10. Somebody
11. Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
12. New Kid In Town
13. The Long Run
14. Victim of Love
15. Heartache Tonight
16. Midnight Flyer
17. On The Border
18. It's Your World Now
19. No More Cloudy Days
20. The Last Good Time In Town

GlennLover
07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey! I did it! I got my signature!!!!!!!!:blueblob:

And a very nice one it is too! :thumbsup:

whitcap
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Here's my list:

1. Take It to the Limit
2. Take the Devil
3. Take It Easy
4. Heartache Tonight
5. Those Shoes
6. Already Gone
7. Midnight Flyer
8. James Dean
9. Ol’ 55
10. The Best of My Love
11. Bitter Creek
12. Desperado
13. Too Many Hands
14. One of These Nights
15. Lyin’ Eyes
16. Try and Love Again
17. King of Hollywood
18. Chug All Night
19. Twenty One
20. Out of Control

Troubadour
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
This is going to be extremely hard, but I will start working on it this evening!

07-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I have al list of 20 great songs--they're probably not in an order from the favorite down to the end--that is not something I'm sure about at all!

1. The Best of My Love
2. One of These Nights
3. Take It To The Limit
4. Somebody
5. Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
6. Life In The Fast Lane
7. Victim of Love
8. Hotel California
9. Heartache Tonight
10. The Long Run
11. Take It Easy
12. Witchy Woman
13. Fast Company
14. James Dean
15. Ol' 55
16. New Kid In Town
17. Last Good Time In Town
18. It's Your World Now
19. No More Cloudy Days
20. On The Border

Thanks Lisa for posting your favorites list. However, the way that we are compiling the results here is dependent on everyone ranking the songs from their favorite to least favorite. I didn't know if you wanted to post your list just out of interest here, or do you want to rank the songs so we can include them in our results?

I really empathize with everyone who is having a hard time with this. I don't want to overthink it, but at the same time I want my list to reflect my true feelings (for the sake of the songs, of course). :wink: :wink: I had a difficult time narrowing my list from 30 songs down to 20. But now that I'm done with that, I am still working on ranking them from favorite to least favorite. As I've said so many times, I love almost all of these songs and the difference in how much I like one over another is very miniscule in most cases. But, I'm hoping I'll be ready to post my list soon.

Although I'm not at all surprized, I am still always amazed at how much some of our opinions differ about these songs. Just goes to show that this band played something for just about everyone at some point. I guess that helps to explain their popularity and mass appeal.

zeldabjr
07-01-2012, 07:15 PM
The night I posted my list I woke up around 4AM...bolted upright and said Oh my God I forgot Lyin' Eyes:laugh:..don't know if I want to change my list though...I told myself I wasn't going to!

Glennhoney
07-01-2012, 08:29 PM
..okay so here goes..........

1. Peaceful easy feeling
2. New Kid in town
3. Teguila sunrise
4. Already gone
5. Take it easy
6. One of these nights
7. Life in the fast lane
8. Hotel California
9. Heartache tonight
10. Lying eyes
11. Try and love again
12. Girl from yesterday
13. One of these nights
14. Seven bridges road
15. Take it to the limit
16. Saturday night
17. Hollywood waltz
18. After the thrill is gone
19. How long
20. Love will keep us alive

Can't believe I already have 20...could just go on and on with the list...

07-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Glennhoney - Just wanted to let you know that you have One of These Nights listed twice in your list (#6 & #13). Can you revise it so I can tally your list properly? Thanks.

EaglesKiwi
07-02-2012, 03:29 AM
I didn't read anybody else's list until after I posted my own, but now that I have... I keep thinking, "oooh, yes, I want that song too!" :hilarious:

BramwenR
07-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Here's my list:

1. I Can't Tell You Why
2. Waiting In The Weeds
3. Long Road Out Of Eden
4. Witchy Woman
6. Walk In The Woods
7. Tequila Sunrise
8. No More Cloudy Days
9. Lyin' Eyes
10. New Kid In Town
11. Hole In The World
12. One Of These Nights
13. Best Of My Love
14. Hotel California
15. Peaceful Easy Feeling
16. Desperado
17. The Long Run
18. Heartache Tonight
19. Already Gone
20. Take It Easy

The first three were pretty much on a par because now I absolutely LOVE Waiting In The Weeds!! :)

** Ok, had a feeling the solos might come into question...duly edited ;)

TimothyBFan
07-02-2012, 07:21 AM
OMG!!! I forgot Love Will Keep Us Alive!!!! :brickwall: Can Timothy ever forgive me?!?!? I'm sooooo sorry!!! :weep:

Topkat
07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Ok, here's my Top 20. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be!!

1> Hotel California
2> Take It Easy
3> I Can't Tell You Why
4> Life In the Fast Lane
5> Tequila Sunrise
6> Heartache Tonight
7> Waiting In the Weeds
8> Already Gone
9> In the City
10> One of These Nights
11> Love Will Keep Us Alive
12> Take it To the Limit
13> How Long
14> What Do I Do With My Heart
15> Lyin' Eyes
16> Wasted Time
17> Peaceful Easy Felling
18> Best of My Love
19> Try and Love Again
20> Seven Bridges Road

Glennhoney
07-02-2012, 09:01 AM
oops.....sorry..replace #13 to Pretty maids all in a row....thanks..

07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Okay folks - I'm going to make an executive decision here and say that solo songs by the band members do not count here. I am defining a solo song as any song that was recorded and released on an album by one of the band members prior to being recorded and released by the band; examples are The Boys of Summer, New York Minute, You Belong To the City, Parachute, Life's Been Good, and One Day At a Time. There is enough original Eagles material to pick from, and this could get way out of control if we include solo material. So to keep things simple, anyone who wants their list tallied in the final results must have all songs that were originally released on an Eagles album (includes covers). Feel free to go back and edit your list if you have included solo songs. Thanks.

Victim of Love
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Okay, here I go. This was no easy feat and it took me hours to pare down my list. (I kept wishing it was a Top 40 list!)

1. Take It To The Limit
2. Take It Easy
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Witchy Woman
6. New Kid In Town
7. I Can't Tell You Why
8. Already Gone
9. Life In The Fast Lane
10. Hotel California
11. Heartache Tonight
12. Lying Eyes
13. One Of These Nights
14. In The City
15. Get Over It
16. Desperado
17. Seven Bridges Road
18. Center Of The Universe
19. New York Minute
20. Busy Being Fabulous

BramwenR
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
OMG!!! I forgot Love Will Keep Us Alive!!!! :brickwall: Can Timothy ever forgive me?!?!? I'm sooooo sorry!!! :weep:

Know what you mean, I nearly forgot LROOE and I've only heard/watched it about five times (for the first time about three days ago)..my list didn't take me long, although I edited about four times after I first posted (for the last five), as in, the order :computer:

Glennhoney
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Okay folks - I'm going to make an executive decision here and say that solo songs by the band members do not count here. I am defining a solo song as any song that was recorded and released on an album by one of the band members prior to being recorded and released by the band; examples are The Boys of Summer, New York Minute, You Belong To the City, Parachute, Life's Been Good, and One Day At a Time. There is enough original Eagles material to pick from, and this could get way out of control if we include solo material. So to keep things simple, anyone who wants their list tallied in the final results must have all songs that were originally released on an Eagles album (includes covers). Feel free to go back and edit your list if you have included solo songs. Thanks.
...good decision!!!:thumbsup:

Topkat
07-02-2012, 07:55 PM

TBF you can go in & edit your list if you want to, it's not too late!

Prettymaid
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I usually dread these lists so much that I don't do them, but this was easier than I thought. I just went to their discography, started with their first album and started listing my favorites. When I was finished I had 21 (I had to eliminate Hollywood Waltz). I guess there's a reason these are the hits. They're darn good songs.

1. Hotel California
2. Take It Easy
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. I Can't Tell You Why
5. Best Of My Love
6. Take It to the Limit
7. Life In the Fast Lane
8. One Of These Nights
9. Already Gone
10. Heartache Tonight
11. Desperado
12. In The City
13. How Long
14. The Last Resort
15. New Kid In Town
16. 7 Bridges Road
17. The Long Run
18. Tequila Sunrise
19. Ol' 55
20. Lyin' Eyes

TimothyBFan
07-03-2012, 06:48 AM
I just went to their discography, started with their first album and started listing my favorites. When I was finished I had 21 (I had to eliminate Hollywood Waltz).

Exactly how I did it but ended up with 30. :brickwall:

Prettymaid
07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
And as for the order....like you said TBF, mine could change a little bit daily.

As Dreamer said,
I love almost all of these songs and the difference in how much I like one over another is very miniscule in most cases.

Brooke
07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
That's how I did it too, Pm. I'm at 25 right now and stressing about what to drop! Dreamer just helped me with one though! :ack:

sodascouts
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I gotta get to thinking about this! The top ones are easy but when you start getting lower... these guys have so many good songs. That's why we love 'em! Anyone who does not have all the albums needs to work on rectifying that immediately. ;)

07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Well, I'm glad I could be of help to you, Brooke. :thumbsup:

And I would also say that I’d like to strongly discourage anyone from changing their lists after posting it. If there is an extreme error that you feel must be corrected, please let me know if you absolutely must edit your list – otherwise, it will likely go undetected as it is too time-consuming to go back and check when and if lists have been revised. In the few cases here when I ask someone to edit their list, then I am tracking those changes. Thanks again and I'm excited that there has been so much participation in this. The results should be very interesting! :nod:

prayfordaylight
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Here's mine. 1-10 is pretty solid (might switch one or two). 11-20 is all over the place.

1. Heartache Tonight
2. Get Over It
3. One of These Nights
4. Take It Easy
5. The Long Run
6. Already Gone
7. Wasted Time
8. Take It To The Limit
9. Hotel California
10. Best of My Love
11. I Can't Tell You Why
12. Lyin' Eyes
13. Desperado
14. Peaceful Easy Feeling
15. Life In The Fast Lane
16. Victim of Love
17. Seven Bridges Road
18. In The City
19. Last Resort
20. No More Cloudy Days

BBKron
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Although it was my idea for this top 40 poll, and I have been thinking about it for awhile now, that didn't make it any easier to come up with my top 20 when there are so many great songs to choose from. But I think the final result will be more meaningful this way (rather than everyone listing their own full top 40), because by limiting it to the top 20, it insures that only each persons very favorite songs will count toward the final result.

1. Take It Easy
2. Doolin Dalton-Desperado Reprise
3. Desperado
4. Already Gone
5. Bitter Creek
6. Doolin Dalton
7. Hotel California
8. Train Leaves Here This Morning
9. Certain Kind of Fool
10. Tequila Sunrise
11. Good Day in Hell
12. Ol' 55
13. Best of My Love
14. Life in the Fast Lane
15. New Kid In Town
16. Twenty-One
17. How Long
18. Peaceful Easy Feeling
19. Love Will keep Us Alive (For Tim)
20. Pretty Maids All in a Row (For Joe)

As others have said, the toughest part is narrowing down from that favorite 30 or so to get down to the top 20. It's amazing how many really great songs are still left out. As you can tell, my list is dominated by songs from the earlier albums, so I had to leave room at the end for my favorite songs from Tim and Joe, respectively, even if there might have been other individual songs I liked as much or better, because I thought they really should be represented in the top 20. Very interested to see how this all plays out (I'll be surprised if even half of my list makes it into the composite top 40). But I do know one thing for certain, that no matter what the final list looks like, they all will be great songs, so it's win-win no matter what.

Lisa
07-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I fixed my list! (I was asked to choose the order from favorite down--that's the hardest part for me--I keep rethinking some of the song order--but this game list is good enough to tally). (I edited it in the same old frame--thanks for the note).

07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
First of all, thanks to all of you who have gone back and made the requested revisions to your lists. The changes have been duly noted. :thumbsup:

And, I'm going to go ahead and finally post my list. I don't know which was harder for me - narrowing it down to 20 songs or placing them in order of favorite to least favorite. Actually, in all my years on this board, I have always resisted making a Top 10 or Top 20 such as this. I just love most all of these songs so much that this is the best that I can do ...

1. Hotel California
2. Heartache Tonight
3. Take It Easy
4. New Kid In Town
5. Take It To the Limit
6. Seven Bridges Road
7. Doolin’-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
8. How Long
9. Lyin’ Eyes
10. Already Gone
11. Waiting In the Weeds
12. Somebody
13. Peaceful Easy Feeling
14. The Long Run
15. Life In the Fast Lane
16. I Can’t Tell You Why
17. Wasted Time
18. Tequila Sunrise
19. One of These Nights
20. The Best of My Love

Honorable Mentions go to: Witchy Woman, Desperado, After the Thrill Is Gone, Try and Love Again, Victim of Love, Please Come Home For Christmas, Get Over It, Love Will Keep Us Alive, What Do I Do With My Heart, and Long Road Out of Eden

zeldabjr
07-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Dreamer...I giggled when I saw your "honorable mentions"...I love it!!! I should have done some of those too!...maybe it would have made leaving them off the top 20 list a little less painful:laugh:

Brooke
07-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, me too, zelda! :lol:

I've got mine, finally!

1. Take It Easy-that one will never change as far as being my favorite.
2. Hotel California-the opening is etched in my mind and always makes me think how beautiful it is.
3. Waiting In The Weeds-the beauty of this song still takes my breath away every time I hear it.
4. Peaceful Easy Feeling-Glenn's voice here makes me melt.
5. One of These Nights-special meanings for this one
6. Already Gone-wonderful rocker
7. After The Thrill Is Gone
8. Take It To The Limit
9. Life In The Fast Lane
10. Witchy Woman
11. Lyin' Eyes
12. Tequila Sunrise-I always think of Glenn and Don sitting in Dan Tana's here
13. Get Over It
14. Seven Bridges Road-those beautiful harmonies(and I want the whole song guys!)
15. Good Day In Hell-come on guys, let's rock!
16. Desperado
17. Out of Control-more rockin' fun!
18. New Kid In Town
19. Heartache Tonight
20. Best of My Love

There you go. I could add some honorable mentions, but then I'd have to put done most of what's left except for maybe Teenage Jail and Disco Strangler! lol

Freypower
07-06-2012, 06:12 PM
My honourable mentions are Train Leaves Here This Morning, Out Of Control, Outlaw Man, Doolin-Dalton, Victim Of Love, Try & Love Again, Those Shoes, The Sad Cafe, Learn To Be Still, What Do I Do With My Heart.

07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Dreamer...I giggled when I saw your "honorable mentions"...I love it!!! I should have done some of those too!...maybe it would have made leaving them off the top 20 list a little less painful:laugh:

Exactly! It made me feel better by giving them some acknowledgement. Silly - maybe so, but it just shows what an emotional attachment I have to these songs. :grin:

Troubadour
07-08-2012, 02:28 PM
This was really hard - not so much to pick twenty (funnily enough, I started listing favourites off the top of my head and immediately found myself with exactly twenty!) but ordering them is almost impossible in some areas. Still, I have done my best, and I tried not to let the popularity/weight of the songs impact too much upon my genuine personal favourites. It can be easy to think that the likes of Hotel California and Take It Easy HAVE to be at the top of the list, you know? This is as fair a representation as I can get of my favourite songs, without overthinking it too much.

1. One Of These Nights
2. Take It To The Limit
3. Lyin' Eyes
4. Desperado
5. Seven Bridges Road
6. Hotel California
7. Wasted Time
8. New Kid In Town
9. Peaceful Easy Feeling
10. Take It Easy
11. The Last Resort
12. Life In The Fast Lane
13. Best Of My Love
14. The Long Run
15. I Can't Tell You Why
16. Pretty Maids All In A Row
17. Waiting In The Weeds
18. Tequila Sunrise
19. Long Road Out Of Eden
20. Heartache Tonight

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Well I totally agree with you Troub! Its a personal top 20 in my book too and I would also have some 'Honourable mentions' Dreamer.

I've deliberately stayed away from this thread too as I've wanted time to compile my own list without the influence of others. Still I KNOW once I start to read it I'll be like 'DANG!! I can't believe I forgot.....'

It was easy to put in my top few, but after that it is just so difficult to separate some songs, to see what might make one song betterthan (or not quite as good as ) another.

Anyway, this is the final draft! And really I'd love to hear any of these any of the time.

Lyin Eyes
Peaceful Easy feeling
Take it Easy
Hotel California
Somebody
Take it To The Limit
New Kid In Town
No More Cloudy Days
Tequila Sunrise
Already Gone
Heartache Tonight
One Of These Nights
How Long
Desperado
The Girl From Yesterday
Waiting In The Weeds
The Last Resort
On The Border
In The City
I Can't Tell You Why.
Honourable mention would go to 'COTU', 'IDTWNW', 'Outlaw Man' 'BOML' 'SBR' and 'LITFL'.

sodascouts
07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I've been taking my time with this and going back and forth because there are so many excellent songs, but then I realized I needed to chill and just go with my gut. What do I react to the most?

1. Take It to the Limit
2. Take It Easy
3. Heartache Tonight
4. The Best of My Love
5. Already Gone
6. Seven Bridges Road
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling
8. Pretty Maids All in a Row
9. Ol' 55
10. Waiting in the Weeds
11. Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise
12. Those Shoes
13. Victim of Love
14. New Kid in Town
15. My Man
16. Out of Control
17. Too Many Hands
18. Hotel California
19. Life in the Fast Lane
20. I Can't Tell You Why

Honorable Mention:
After the Thrill is Gone, Desperado, Get Over It, How Long, In the City, The Long Run, Love Will Keep Us Alive, Lyin' Eyes, No More Cloudy Days, Somebody, Tequila Sunrise, and What Do I Do With My Heart.

I should add that this is very changeable according to mood, especially regarding ordering of songs.

(https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagles/hotelcalifornia/lifeinthefastlane.htm)

07-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I will be posting the results of our Top 40 poll on Thursday evening. So if there are some of you out there that want to participate before the results are posted, you still have a few more days. The results so far are pretty interesting -I think there will be a few surprises for some of you. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
07-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I will be posting the results of our Top 40 poll on Thursday evening. So if there are some of you out there that want to participate before the results are posted, you still have a few more days. The results so far are pretty interesting -I think there will be a few surprises for some of you. :thumbsup:

very excited to see the results!!!:nod:...Dreamer, now you're just teasing us!

Topkat
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I am pretty surprised at how different the lists are. I think we all could have added another 10 songs to our list, but it will be interesting to see how this all comes out in the end!

Troubadour
07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm excited to see the results, too!

Victim of Love
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
The is a RE-post with a correction. Seems I inadvertently included New York Minute on my original Top 20 (AFTER reading that we weren't including solo stuff). I've highlighted my only change in the #19 slot.

1. Take It To The Limit
2. Take It Easy
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Witchy Woman
6. New Kid In Town
7. I Can't Tell You Why
8. Already Gone
9. Life In The Fast Lane
10. Hotel California
11. Heartache Tonight
12. Lying Eyes
13. One Of These Nights
14. In The City
15. Get Over It
16. Desperado
17. Seven Bridges Road
18. Center Of The Universe
19. What Do I Do With My Heart
20. Busy Being Fabulous

UK TimFan
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Sorry this is late, but I missed the post about the results being published this evening. (And to add to my problems, instead of deleting the songs from my list as I put them in order, I managed to delete the whole list :brickwall:
so have had to quickly go through the discography again.)

1. Long road out of Eden
2. Seven Bridges road
3. No more walks in the woods
4. Wasted time
5. Love will keep us alive
6. Bitter creek
7. Doolin' Dalton
8 Doolin' Dalton/Desperado reprise
9. King of Hollywood
10. Witchy woman
11. Waiting in the weeds
12. I can't tell you why
13. I don't want to hear it anymore
14. One of these nights
15. Victim of love
16. Take it to the limit
17. Last good time in town
18. Somebody
19. Outlaw man
20. Lying eyes

Honourable mentions to Take the devil, Those shoes, and Frail grasp on the big picture.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I will give an honorable mention to Hotel California, Desperado, No More Walks In the Woods, and Somebody.

Topkat
07-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Do we have the Final Top 40 List yet??

07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I want to apologize for not getting the results of our poll posted last night as I had planned. I went out to dinner with a friend and was going to post the results when I got home. But when I signed on the board, there had been more posts and I didn't have time to recalculate everything. My bad - I should have set a cutoff time. Anyway, I'm going to tally the final totals in a little while and will post them as soon as I'm done. Sorry again for the delay. I'm sure the suspense must be killing everyone. :grin:

07-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Okay folks, are you ready for our Border Top 40 Eagles songs. Over the next few days after I post the final results, I'll share some other interesting trivia about the poll results. But here we go ...

1. Take It Easy - 325 points
2. Hotel California - 286 points
3. Already Gone - 265 points
4. Take It To the Limit - 245 points
5. One of These Nights - 238 points
6. Heartache Tonight - 219 points (tie for 6th & 7th place)
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling - 219 points (tie for 6th & 7th place)
8. New Kid In Town - 210 points
9. Life In the Fast Lane - 207 points
10. I Can't Tell You Why - 181 points

11. Lyin' Eyes - 172 points
12. Waiting In the Weeds - 158 points
13. The Best of My Love - 156 points
14. Seven Bridges Road - 152 points
15. Tequila Sunrise - 142 points
16. Desperado - 116 points
17. Witchy Woman - 115 points
18. Love Will Keep Us Alive - 105 points
19. Wasted Time - 99 points
20. Get Over It - 93 points

21. Long Road Out of Eden - 89 points
22. The Long Run - 87 points
23. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise - 74 points
24. Victim of Love - 68 points
25. How Long - 66 points
26. Ol' 55 - 65 points
27. In the City - 59 points
28. The Last Resort - 56 points
29. Somebody - 49 points
30. James Dean - 47 points

31. Doolin-Dalton - 46 points
32. Pretty Maids All In a Row - 45 points
33. Bitter Creek - 41 points
34. After the Thrill Is Gone - 40 points
35. What Do I Do With My Heart - 36 points
36. No More Cloudy Days - 35 points
37. King of Hollywood - 33 points (tie for 37th & 38th place)
38. No More Walks In the Wood - 33 points (tie for 37th & 38th place)
39. Good Day In Hell - 31 points
40. Learn To Be Still - 28 points

Congratulations Take It Easy!!!

So please share your thoughts about this ... tell us what you think, any surprises, any glaring omissions???

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Okay folks, are you ready for our Border Top 40 Eagles songs. Over the next few days after I post the final results, I'll share some other interesting trivia about the poll results. But here we go ...

1. Take It Easy - 325 points
2. Hotel California - 286 points
3. Already Gone - 265 points
4. Take It To the Limit - 245 points
5. One of These Nights - 238 points
6. Heartache Tonight - 219 points (tie for 6th & 7th place)
7. Peaceful Easy Feeling - 219 points (tie for 6th & 7th place)
8. New Kid In Town - 210 points
9. Life In the Fast Lane - 207 points
10. I Can't Tell You Why - 181 points

11. Lyin' Eyes - 172 points
12. Waiting In the Weeds - 158 points
13. The Best of My Love - 156 points
14. Seven Bridges Road - 152 points
15. Tequila Sunrise - 142 points
16. Desperado - 116 points
17. Witchy Woman - 115 points
18. Love Will Keep Us Alive - 105 points
19. Wasted Time - 99 points
20. Get Over It - 93 points

21. Long Road Out of Eden - 89 points
22. The Long Run - 87 points
23. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise - 74 points
24. Victim of Love - 68 points
25. How Long - 66 points
26. Ol' 55 - 65 points
27. In the City - 59 points
28. The Last Resort - 56 points
29. Somebody - 49 points
30. James Dean - 47 points

31. Doolin-Dalton - 46 points
32. Pretty Maid All In a Row - 45 points
33. Bitter Creek - 41 points
34. After the Thrill Is Gone - 40 points
35. What Do I Do With My Heart - 36 points
36. No More Cloudy Days - 35 points
37. King of Hollywood - 33 points (tie for 36th & 37th place)
38. No More Walks In the Wood - 33 points (tie for 36th & 37th place)
39. Good Day In Hell - 31 points
40. Learn To Be Still - 28 points

Congratulations Take It Easy!!!

So please share your thoughts about this ... tell us what you think, any surprises, any glaring omissions???

Thank you, Dreamer! Very interesting! Just for grins, I highlighted in red the ones on the setlist this past spring and last fall.

UK TimFan
07-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I was surprised when looking at everyone else's selection that I wasn't the only one to omit Hotel California.

I was also surprised to find that 9 of the songs in my list made the top twenty.

zeldabjr
07-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks Dreamer for all the work you did for us!!!:)

Freypower
07-13-2012, 11:14 PM
The biggest surprise for me is the popularity of Already Gone (and New Kid In Town). I am also gratified to see No More Cloudy Days there given that it wasn't on my list; it hovers just below it. Also it is interesting that a couple of songs which the band persist in playing, none of which are anywhere near my Top 20, did not fare that well overall. I refer to The Long Run, In The City & How Long. While I like How Long there are many superior tracks the band should play instead.

The biggest discrepancy between me & the preferences of many people is that I also don't have Desperado, TITTL, ICTYW & especially LWKUA anywhere near my Top 20. I thought BOML would rank higher.

Topkat
07-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Only 1 of my songs didn't make the list & that would be "Try & Love Again" How did that not make the list???? I see plenty of songs on there that don't even come close to that song!!! I'm shocked!! I need a DRINK :soda:

Freypower
07-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Only 1 of my songs didn't make the list & that would be "Try & Love Again" How did that not make the list???? I see plenty of songs on there that don't even come close to that song!!! I'm shocked!! I need a DRINK :soda:

I only see five people who voted for it. It was an honourable mention for me. It's in my Top 30.

sodascouts
07-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Where is "Those Shoes"?! I can't believe "No More Walks in the Wood" is even on this list, much less beating "Good Day in Hell" and "Those Shoes"!

I'm not surprised three of my other favorites - "My Man," "Too Many Hands," and "Out of Control" - didn't make it, though.

Tori
07-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Even if it's in dead last, I'm glad Learn To Be Still made it. :)

WalshFan88
07-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm not too surprised with the final results although I was surprised on how HC wasn't on everyone's Top 20 list - but I'm biased. :hilarious: When I think Eagles that's the first song that comes to mind - that's their signature song especially of the "classic rock" era, where as TIE is their signature song of the "country-country rock" era. I figured HC and TIE would be the top two but was surprised HC was 2nd. Again, I'm a bit partial to that song but it just seems weird that anyone could be an Eagles fan and not LOVE HC!!! That's what makes these polls so exciting - it's very interesting and all as you see everyone's different in their tastes.

Topkat
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Some of the songs on this list shocked me as well.... I mean "King of Hollywood" I thought that was one of the WORST songs they ever did, as well as "Doolin Dalton"
Well to each his own,,,
Thank you Dreamer for doing all the work to figure this out!

Brooke
07-14-2012, 10:31 AM
There's some shocking results there! I'm glad TIE is at the top and HC is next. Surprised AG came in next, but glad it did.

What happened to Out of Control? If you ever watch that old BBC show, Glenn rocks it out of the park! And how in the world is NMWITW better than GDIH? Shocking to me! :headscratch: And ATTIG?! Drat! :lol:

Thanks Dreamer! I know that was a lot of work for you! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Very interesting! I'm definitely surprised by some of the inclusions - I wasn't expecting Get Over It to come so high, or even Learn To Be Still to be on the list (although I like it.) I'm not surprised that Take It Easy claimed the number one spot, though. I know it is hugely loved and regarded by many as the quintessential Eagles song. I like the fact that songs like No More Walks In The Wood have crept in! Makes it interesting and eclectic.

SallyGee
07-14-2012, 09:16 PM
My top 13 songs all ended up in the top 20, so I'm happy! I only had 3 songs that didn't make the list. The Sad Cafe, which I went back and forth with The Last Resort. I had a hard time deciding between the two of them. The other two were Try And Love Again and Midnight Flyer. I wasn't too surprised they didn't make the list although I really love them. I was kind of surprised by Somebody, Bitter Creek, and Kings of Hollywood. It was interesting to see everyone's lists.
Thanks so much Dreamer, for all your hard work. It was fun!

07-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have to say this was, by far, the most labor-intensive poll I've tallied, but it was great to see all of the participation. I thought I'd share some things about the results that I think are interesting, so here goes ...

At one point about 1/3 of the way through the game, Already Gone actually had the lead by a pretty substantial margin, which I was really surprised about, but then somewhere around the midpoint of the game, Take It Easy took the lead and never looked back. Actually, from about the midpoint on, there was very little change in the Top 20 songs. The order changed around some, but not really all that much. Take It Easy and Already Gone made all but 3 people's list, whereas, Hotel California made all but 4 lists.

Now there was quite a bit of movement in the battle for the last 10 - 15 songs. As far as the 'near misses' and the 'almost rans', No More Walks In the Wood and Learn To Be Still only got 2 votes apiece, but the voters rated them so high that they still managed to squeak in to the Top 40. Sadly, Those Shoes received 4 votes totaling 27 points, which means it missed making the list by only 1 point. Another narrow miss was Try and Love Again, which received 4 votes for a total of 24 points.

So, I will leave you with this for now, but the suspense will continue ...

1. Which of the band’s grammy-winning songs did not make anyone’s list?
2. Which album title track(s) didn’t make our Top 40 list?
3. Which album(s) had the most songs represented in the Top 40?

If you know the answer to these question or just want to take a guess at it, please feel free to do so. Tune in again for the answers to these questions and more. :wink:

07-14-2012, 09:53 PM
As far as my own list, every single one of my songs made the Top 40, so I was pretty pleased about that. However, I was surprised that No More Cloudy Days, No More Walks In the Wood, and Learn To Be Still made the list. I like all three of them, but I like several others a lot more. As far as King of Hollywood and Bitter Creek, I wasn't too surprised that either of them made the list. I, for one, love King of Hollywood and consider it to be very underrated. And even though I like Bitter Creek, I personally would have preferred to see Bernie represented by My Man, Twenty-One, or Train Leaves Here This Morning.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-14-2012, 09:54 PM
1. Which of the band’s grammy-winning songs did not make anyone’s list?
2. Which album title track(s) didn’t make our Top 40 list?
3. Which album(s) had the most songs represented in the Top 40?

1. I Dreamed There Was No War
2. On The Border
3. The Very Best of The Eagles. OK, I'm guessing you weren't looking for a greatest hits answer there.... So I'll guess Hotel California?

TimothyBFan
07-16-2012, 08:10 AM
I was surprised when looking at everyone else's selection that I wasn't the only one to omit Hotel California.

I didn't go back to look to see how many left if off their list, but I definitely did. I'm so over HC!!! (sorry Austin). That being said, I am actually surprised it was #2 and not #1, I mean, it is the song that most people think of first when they hear of the Eagles, I think, anyways.

Proud to say 13 of my songs made the top 20 and 9 of those made it into the top 10- which actually surprises me because I'm usually one of those that ranks everything a bit differently from the norm in the Survivor games. My bottom half of my list didn't fair well. I totally agree with Soda---what the heck, people, why is Those Shoes so far down?

Some of the songs on this list shocked me as well.... I mean "King of Hollywood" I thought that was one of the WORST songs they ever did

Are you kidding? That is one cool song!!! Don's voice in it is amazing and so freakin' hot!!! I ranked it #6 on my list but have to say that's actually kind of low because I usually would of probably ranked it a couple songs higher. It ROCKS!!!!

Dreamer--- Thank you from me also for your hard work here!!! I'm very anxious to see some of the other stats!!

Troubadour
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I love King of Hollywood, too. The beat is funky and chilled out, the harmonies are smooth and Don's voice (as Willie said) is so freaking hot!

sodascouts
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
The song has grown on me, largely because of its guitar solos, but I also think it's inferior to Those Shoes.

I want to also thank Dreamer! I know this took a lot of time.

Brooke
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I love KOH, too. It wasn't in my top 20, but definitely in my top 40. Don's voice in it is just HOT!

All of my picks were in the top 20 except Out of Control. Still shocked it wasn't at least in the top 40! I just love it! 7 of my picks were in the top 10. Those Shoes is a great song, but didn't make my top 40.

I could honestly say that I can listen to any of their songs most any time. It's very unusual that I would even skip one. I have to add I Love To Watch A Woman Dance to Teenage Jail, Journey of the Sorcerer, and Disco Strangler to the ones I might skip. It needs to be on one of Glenn's solo albums. I know......running and ducking! :shock:

Freypower
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I was the only person who voted for ILTWAWD & I still think it fitted better on an Eagles album than a solo album.

sodascouts
07-16-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't know about that. As much as I love the song, hearing it live as a solo piece showed me that it didn't need to be "Eagle-ized."

Troubadour
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd like to add my thanks to Dreamer for doing this, too! You rock. :bow:

07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
1. I Dreamed There Was No War
2. On The Border
3. The Very Best of The Eagles. OK, I'm guessing you weren't looking for a greatest hits answer there.... So I'll guess Hotel California?

Very good guesses VA. Got almost all of these correct. The only thing that was incomplete was that Hotel California and Long Road Out of Eden actually tied for having the most songs in the Top 40 with 7 apiece. It was kind of interesting because LROOE didn't fare that well in the Top 20, but it definitely made a comeback in the 21st - 40th spots. Here is the breakdown of songs by album for the Top 20, Top 40, and the entire poll.

Breakdown by album (Top 20)

Eagles – 3
Desperado – 2
On the Border – 2
One of These Nights – 3
Hotel California – 4
The Long Run – 2
Long Road Out of Eden – 1
Other - 3

Breakdown by album (Top 40)

Eagles – 3
Desperado – 5
On the Border – 5
One of These Nights – 4
Hotel California – 7
The Long Run – 5
Long Road Out of Eden – 7
Other - 4

Breakdown by album (All)

Eagles – 6
Desperado – 10
On the Border – 8
One of These Nights – 6
Hotel California – 8
The Long Run – 7
Long Road Out of Eden – 16
Other - 5

Okay, I'll wrap this up with this last question ...

Which album(s) did every song get at least one vote?

Anyone want to take a guess at this? I'll post the answer tomorrow evening.

07-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I appreciate the 'thank yous' everyone.

I'm with Soda and Brooke about I Love To Watch a Woman Dance sounding more like a solo song than an Eagles song. There's certainly nothing wrong with that though as far as I'm concerned. Even though I know it's not a favorite of many, I adore the song. It didn't make my Top 20, but it definitely would be in my Top 40. And just for the record, I also think You Are Not Alone and Waiting In the Weeds sound more like solo songs than Eagles songs. Waiting In the Weeds does have the beautiful harmonies in the chorus that help 'Eagleize' it some.

I want to say that I was surprised and a bit disappointed that The Sad Cafe didn't fare better in the poll - I didn't expect it would finish in the Top 20, but thought for sure, it would be a Top 40 song. Also, I was shocked that Please Come Home for Christmas didn't receive a single vote. I guess no one was in the holiday spirit. :grin:

sodascouts
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh no - I just realized that I forgot to include "Funky New Year" in my list!

How could I overlook a song with these nuggets:

"My hair hurts!"

"Whose shoes are these?"

"Nurse... I'm worse."

My bad. ;)

Freypower
07-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Re PCHFC I dont like it much but I thought others did.

whitcap
07-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Okay, I'll wrap this up with this last question ...

Which album(s) did every song get at least one vote?

Anyone want to take a guess at this? I'll post the answer tomorrow evening.

I'm guessing Desperado and Hotel California.

Topkat
07-17-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm going to guess Eagles songs each got at least 1 vote

TimothyBFan
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Love PCHFC but I couldn't bring myself to find a spot for it on my list.

I was thinking about this last night and there were several songs I had on my list that I kept switching around to get into the last three spots on my list and one of them was Sad Cafe along with, Victim of Love, Wasted Time, After The Thrill Is Gone, Learn To Be Still & Those Shoes. I ended up with VOL, ATTIG & TS but I honestly could of probably went with the other three or any combination of these 6 songs. I think that was why it was so difficult, so many of the songs I love pretty much equally.

As far as which album had every song voted for at least once, I'm gonna guess Eagles.

Prettymaid
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I am one who does not care for KOH, and I'm always surprised at how many of you love it. I agree with Soda - that Those Shoes is a better song.

For some reason, I have a very hard time remembering what Don/lead songs are Eagles songs or solo songs.

Freypower
07-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Love PCHFC but I couldn't bring myself to find a spot for it on my list.

I was thinking about this last night and there were several songs I had on my list that I kept switching around to get into the last three spots on my list and one of them was Sad Cafe along with, Victim of Love, Wasted Time, After The Thrill Is Gone, Learn To Be Still & Those Shoes. I ended up with VOL, ATTIG & TS but I honestly could of probably went with the other three or any combination of these 6 songs. I think that was why it was so difficult, so many of the songs I love pretty much equally.

As far as which album had every song voted for at least once, I'm gonna guess Eagles.

Unless I am wrong, Train Leaves Here This Morning, Earlybird, Most Of Us Are Sad & Tryin' didn't receive any votes.

I think every song on Desperado received a vote except for Saturday Night.

The actual answer is Hotel California I think if Wasted Time (Reprise) is not counted.

07-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Okay to answer the question about the album(s) in which every song got at least one vote, the answer is ...

Desperado

And if you don't count the Wasted Time Reprise, you can also include ...

Hotel California

Actually, none of the band's instrumentals received a vote, and 7 out of the 8 other songs on Hotel California made the Top 40; Try and Love Again narrowly missed making it.

Some of you guessed that the answer to this question may be the Eagles album. In fact, Eagles and One of These Nights had the least number of songs that received a vote - only six songs from both albums received votes. From Eagles - Earlybird, Most of Us Are Sad, Nightingale, and Tryin' were all left out; from One of These Nights - I Wish You Peace, Journey of the Sorcerer, and Visions were left off the list.

Prettymaid
07-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for tallying the votes Dreamer, and for the fun trivia!

EaglesKiwi
07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
I love PCHFC, but I try to listen to it only during the holiday season and occasionally as a very special treat during the rest of the year - I don't want it to lose its Christmas magic, if that makes sense??

2 songs on my list didn't make the top 40 (Sad Cafe, which I ranked at #6 and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore).

I like both IDTWNW and JOTS, but to me the Eagles are about the beautiful vocals, and I just couldn't put an instrumental ahead of that.