View Full Version : The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Pages : 1 [2]

SallyGee
08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
voting early this round...Every Song Is You...after this it gets super ugly for me
I agree!
I vote for Every Song Is You

Topkat
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
I can't believe Every Song Is You is getting votes here??? WTH? :worried::worried:
I have to wait to see what I can vote for to keep this song in the game!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah - I'm in another pickle this time around. I don't know what I'm going to vote for and it's getting harder and harder to predict each round. It's also hard to figure out what the best song would be to target for a coalition, but based on previous and present comments, it seems there are a lot of people that still want to save WBFS, The Shadow, and Every Song Is You. So if you are one of those people, the best bet may be to vote for A Good Day. If there is no coalition and the vote is split among three or four songs, any of them could go down. Another nail-biter for sure!

Brooke
08-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I've been voting for The Shadow and will continue with that. I just like the remaining songs a lot better.

luvthelighthouse
08-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Currently, WBFS has the most votes... so if you want to save Every Song is You... you may want to jump on the White Boy train...

TimothyBFan
08-07-2012, 10:57 AM
it seems there are a lot of people that still want to save WBFS, The Shadow, and Every Song Is You. So if you are one of those people, the best bet may be to vote for A Good Day.!

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/austinrhea/Emoticons/smileyvault-slaphead.gif That's what I've been trying to say! :hilarious:

Topkat
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah - I'm in another pickle this time around. I don't know what I'm going to vote for and it's getting harder and harder to predict each round. It's also hard to figure out what the best song would be to target for a coalition, but based on previous and present comments, it seems there are a lot of people that still want to save WBFS, The Shadow, and Every Song Is You. So if you are one of those people, the best bet may be to vote for A Good Day. If there is no coalition and the vote is split among three or four songs, any of them could go down. Another nail-biter for sure!

I would be willing to go along with this, but we need more people. Right now "A Good Day" only has 1 vote! WBFS has 3. If more people jump on this, I'm in, otherwise I will have to vote The White Boy out.:worried::worried::sad: And that's not really what I want to do!

timfan
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Once again trying to save White Boy I vote for A Good Day

luvthelighthouse
08-07-2012, 11:18 PM
It's time... I vote for White Boy From Sacramento. I think its fun and different... but I still feel A Good Day is a better song and I would like to see that saved.

Victim of Love
08-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Shifting back to my previous choice...as much as I enjoy the wonderful story it tells, I vote for White Boy From Sacramento. (The remaining songs are going to cause me some sleepless nights)

TimothyBFan
08-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Thought for the day:

I wish we could make these guys give us their list of how they would eliminate these songs if they were playing the game. Does Timothy like White Boy more than A Good Day, etc..... Just curious.

Prettymaid
08-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Thought for the day:

I wish we could make these guys give us their list of how they would eliminate these songs if they were playing the game. Does Timothy like White Boy more than A Good Day, etc..... Just curious.

*GASP* They're his BABIES!!! He loves them all the same!!!! :hilarious:

Just kidding....It IS interesting to think about whether Timothy has a favorite, and how he would play this game. Can you imagine arguing with him about a choice, or trying to persuade him to change his mind?

"But Timothy, you can't vote off MYFML yet!!! You sound so beautiful on it!!!" ;)

Topkat
08-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I sometimes wonder that as well. I do think artists probably like some songs over others, or maybe like performing some songs more than others for whatever reason.... I wonder if TBS is ever sick of doing "I Can't Tell You Why" because that is the song he ALWAYS has to perform wherever he is.... Eagles or solo show. I think the fans would be hugely disappointed if he didn't do it.

As for the songs on this list. I would think he rates "White Boy" pretty high on his list because it is his life story. Just my opinion.

TimothyBFan
08-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Can you imagine arguing with him about a choice, or trying to persuade him to change his mind?

Now I think HE might actually be able to convince me to join his alliance to save a song. :nod:

UK TimFan
08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Now I think HE might actually be able to convince me to join his alliance to save a song. :nod:
Does that include 'Roxy's eyes'? :hilarious:

zeldabjr
08-08-2012, 11:51 AM

He could convince me to rob a bank....oh and TBF...GASP...when I saw your new sig....probably one of the best pics of sweet Timothy B I've ever seen...where did you find it?....it's KILLER...:inlove:

TimothyBFan
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
oh and TBF...GASP...when I saw your new sig....probably one of the best pics of sweet Timothy B I've ever seen...where did you find it?....it's KILLER...:inlove:

It is lovely, isn't it? I had to use it since I've been voting against this song for most of the game. :hilarious: It was a pressie from our very own Troubador. She does wonderful work!

08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Thought for the day:

lol Willie - I've thought the same thing before. I'm sure Tim would give you give you a nice gentle back massage to relieve your stress and tell you to just vote for whatever Dreamer wants you too. :wink: :nod:

Well - I guess I'll go ahead and vote now since it appears that White Boy may be on it's way out. There's still a slight chance that one of the other songs could go, but the chances are slim. There's really not that much advantage to voting strategically for another song for me at this point. I like White Boy a little bit better than A Good Day so since it's still mathmatically possible for it to be eliminated ...

I cast my vote for A Good Day.

GlennLover
08-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I vote A Good Day just in case a couple more people post last minute vote for AGD & save WBFS.

Topkat
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Ok I was waiting for you guys to join this alliance to save the White Boy;

I was fearing a last minute blindside of another song, so I now cast my vote for
A GOOD DAY

GlennLover
08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
If my calculations are correct, WBFS & AGD are now tied. I'll have to check out previous votes.

Topkat
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
We need another vote to SAVE THE WHITE BOY............PLEASE!!:fear:

UK TimFan
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I vote for 'Every song is you'.

(ETA: Sorry, TK, but I just can't vote for 'A good day' as I prefer it to WBFS.)

Topkat
08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
If anyone else out there is voting......You can break this tie & Save The White Boy.........Vote for A GOOD DAY

GlennLover
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Quick calculation: WBFS has approx 24 previous votes & AGD has 5.

08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
In a tied round, by virtue of the tiebreaker rule, the next song to be eliminated from The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor is White Boy From Sacramento. “White Boy From Sacramento”, you're always on the level - but there's one thing I know. You are funky and are groovy, but the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go back to Sacramento so please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
White Boy From Sacramento – 5
A Good Day – 5
Every Song Is You - 3
The Shadow – 2

Previous Votes
White Boy From Sacramento - 21
A Good Day - 5

Vote Breakdown
White Boy From Sacramento – Sodascouts
White Boy From Sacramento – Freypower
White Boy From Sacramento – whitcap
White Boy From Sacramento – luvthelighthouse
White Boy From Sacramento – Victim of Love
A Good Day – TimothyBFan
A Good Day – timfan
A Good Day – Ive always been a dreamer
A Good Day – GlennLover
A Good Day – Topkat
Every Song Is You – zeldabjr
Every Song Is You – SallyGee
Every Song Is You – UK Timfan
The Shadow – Prettymaid
The Shadow – Brooke

Songs remaining:
Every Song Is You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RCaRiuhxE)
Friday Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFV0cBMRN54&feature=plcp)
A Good Day (http://www.amazon.com/A-Good-Day/dp/B002SEQAIC)
Parachute (http://www.amazon.com/Parachute/dp/B002SEQADW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-5)
Secular Praise (http://www.amazon.com/Secular-Praise/dp/B002SEVMBM/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-17)
The Shadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8-oa6kMy4)

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
Was It Just the Moonlight 07/27
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Tell Me What You Dream 07/31
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
Make You Feel My Love 08/06
White Boy From Sacramento 08/08

Voting for Round 12 begins now!

SallyGee
08-08-2012, 08:37 PM
This is like pulling off a band-aid. Just do it fast and it won't hurt so much:hilarious:

Nope. Still hurts.:-(

sodascouts
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow - that was a nail-biter! I'm happy "A Good Day" made it one more round, though. What to vote off next....

Prettymaid
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Count me among those who love "A Good Day"! Yeah, it's got a country flavor which some aren't a fan of, but that flavor communicates laid-back fun. It's also got a great tune, terrific harmonies, and makes me smile every time I hear it.... especially the chorus. "When the sun creeps in and the fog rolls out, and the trees stretch up beyond a shadow's doubt" - what clever and original lyrics to conjure up his visual! "We can learn the secrets of the universe and get wet while we try" - again, an original take on expressing emotion. I appreciate that kind of creativity.

I don't think at this point anybody is going to change their mind about A Good Day, but I just want to say that Soda has done a GREAT job here describing the vibe of it, and I don't want it to go yet. I think it's SO much better than The Shadow.

I vote for The Shadow.

whitcap
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I vote for The Shadow.

Prettymaid
08-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Whitcap, I'll bet your relieved to finally be able to vote for something different this round! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
08-08-2012, 09:24 PM
This is like pulling off a band-aid. Just do it fast and it won't hurt so much:hilarious:

Nope. Still hurts.:-(

It's all gonna hurt from now on!!:weep:

Freypower
08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
If it will help A Good Day, I vote for Every Song Is You.

Prettymaid
08-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I was just reading this interview (http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-timothy-b-schmit-on-playing-with-the-eagles-solo-touring-513119/3)and found this part interesting, since we were just addressing the 'what songs would Timothy like best in this game' question.

Let's jump ahead here. You're going to tour behind your solo record, Expando, which came out in 2009.

"That's right. You know, here's the thing: That record wasn't heard by a lot of people. It didn't get the shot it should've gotten at the time, the best promotion and what not. And the bottom line is, I wanna play. So it might be presented that I'm touring being my latest release, but in reality, the set is Expando-heavy because I really like a lot of those songs."

Topkat
08-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I was just reading this interview (http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-timothy-b-schmit-on-playing-with-the-eagles-solo-touring-513119/3)and found this part interesting, since we were just addressing the 'what songs would Timothy like best in this game' question.

Let's jump ahead here. You're going to tour behind your solo record, Expando, which came out in 2009.

"That's right. You know, here's the thing: That record wasn't heard by a lot of people. It didn't get the shot it should've gotten at the time, the best promotion and what not. And the bottom line is, I wanna play. So it might be presented that I'm touring being my latest release, but in reality, the set is Expando-heavy because I really like a lot of those songs."

Let's face the facts here, what is he going to say??? Expando is his newest album, & he's promoting it, so of course he's going to say something like that. That is not saying he prefers all these songs over all his other older songs.
I would not say he's saying these are his BEST or FAVORITE songs. This statement is typical promotional interview talk, nothing more.

I won't be basing my votes on this statement. Some of his older songs are better than some of the songs on Expando. Actually, I do think Timothy's best song is "Keep On Tryin" from his Poco days. That song has become a classic as well. They even used it on the tv show Bones, which brought many Bones fans to look it up & view it on YouTube. It brought many young fans to see it, who were not even born when it was made.

luvthelighthouse
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
I vote for The Shadow.

This is my least favorite of the remaining songs, so its an easy round for me.

Koala
08-09-2012, 12:53 AM
wow, I've missed a lot!
I cast my vote for A Good Day

TimothyBFan
08-09-2012, 08:03 AM

Thanks for finding this again, PM!!!

Let's face the facts here, what is he going to say??? Expando is his newest album, & he's promoting it, so of course he's going to say something like that. That is not saying he prefers all these songs over all his other older songs.
I would not say he's saying these are his BEST or FAVORITE songs. This statement is typical promotional interview talk, nothing more.

I won't be basing my votes on this statement. Some of his older songs are better than some of the songs on Expando. Actually, I do think Timothy's best song is "Keep On Tryin" from his Poco days. That song has become a classic as well. They even used it on the tv show Bones, which brought many Bones fans to look it up & view it on YouTube. It brought many young fans to see it, who were not even born when it was made.

I totally get that whenever an artist is promoting an album, it's "my best work ever, etc...." BUT I think in this case, he truly believes it is if for no other reason than the fact we've heard over and over and over how these are his songs, written, arranged, etc...the way he wants to do them. Every interview he talked about how these songs were the songs he's wanted to do for years because he had complete control of the whole project. Therefore, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that this is not his favorite album/songs he's ever recorded.

That being said, I don't agree with you Timothy. :hilarious: Seriously, a lot of them are favorites of mine and it is indeed my favorite album BUT the song I've been voting for forever now is one of my least faves.

Sticking with A Good Day!!! Sooner or later it's gotta go. I'm really looking forward to moving on on my list.

TimothyBFan
08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
lol Willie - I've thought the same thing before. I'm sure Tim would give you give you a nice gentle back massage to relieve your stress and tell you to just vote for whatever Dreamer wants you too. :wink: :nod:

Excuse me? Did you say something after "Tim massaging my back", Dreamer?:thud:

Topkat
08-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by; TimothyBFan

I totally get that whenever an artist is promoting an album, it's "my best work ever, etc...." BUT I think in this case, he truly believes it is if for no other reason than the fact we've heard over and over and over how these are his songs, written, arranged, etc...the way he wants to do them. Every interview he talked about how these songs were the songs he's wanted to do for years because he had complete control of the whole project. Therefore, I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that this is not his favorite album/songs he's ever recorded.

That being said, I don't agree with you Timothy. Seriously, a lot of them are favorites of mine and it is indeed my favorite album BUT the song I've been voting for forever now is one of my least faves.

Sticking with A Good Day!!! Sooner or later it's gotta go. I'm really looking forward to moving on on my list.

I do agree with you in that Timothy had complete control over this album & he is proud of what he's done here. Many of the songs on EXPANDO are fabulous & I see there is a lot of loyalty to the Expando album here on the board, but I don't think that every song on the album is his best work. That's just my opinion.

A Good Day is a song that I had completely forgotten he performed at the live show. I think when he did the song, I had to ask someone what song this was, and they didn't know either. I just find this a middle of the road song, that to me just doesn't hold up to some of the others on Expando.
Therefore, I must cast my vote again for;

A GOOD DAY

Brooke
08-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, I just love A Good Day and cannot vote for it yet. I think it's sooooooo much better than The Shadow, so my vote goes for TS. Again.

zeldabjr
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM

I was thinking the same thing :faint:

timfan
08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
To save The Shadow, I vote for A Good Day

08-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Damn! You'd think I would know better by now. Okay - I guess a rewrite is in order ...

"I'm sure Tim would tell you to just vote for whatever Dreamer wants you too as he gives you a nice gentle back massage to relieve your stress."

Now, does that make more sense? :nahnah:

08-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Thanks for posting this, PM. Very interesting comments from Tim. I also have to believe that Tim loves those songs from Expando given that he performs the entire album live with the exception of Melancholy (now don't get me started about that omission :grin: ) I think he must also enjoy The Shadow since it is the only other one of his solo songs that he performs live. When Tim decided to do a small tour this spring, I'm sure it was much easier to just do the same songs that he did on his 2007 tour. Revamping the setlist involves a lot of time and practice, especially for a group of musicians who don't perform together regularly.

As for the votes this round, I also think Soda made a good case for A Good Day, but all the songs are really good at this point in the game. I will probably vote for it because it is my least favorite of the remaining songs.The Shadow is next on my list, but I think the song deserves to finish in the Top 5 (bet Tim does, too :wink: :wink: ). However, I will vote for it this round to save Every Song Is You if that becomes necessary.

Topkat
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I was a little surprised that Tim included "The Shadow" in the tour this time out, but I had not seen the previous tour, so I was not sure what to expect. I knew it was going to mostly be Expando, but I was pleasantly surprised that he included this song, as it's one of my favorites!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Gosh, I can't decide....

So I'll just go with something completely different.

I cast my vote for Friday Night.

GlennLover
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I vote The Shadow

zeldabjr
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Every Song Is You

08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey all - I just want to let everyone know that Soda and I both have plans this evening. Therefore, the results of this round that ends at 8:00 p.m. EST will be posted several hours later than usual. Sorry for the inconvience, but please do not cast any votes for the next round until we can get around to posting the official results. I'll post them as soon as I possibly can.

Since I won't be around, I have to vote a little earlier than I'd like. Hopefully, it won't make much difference. So ...

I cast my vote for A Good Day.

UK TimFan
08-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Victim of Love
08-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I vote for A Good Day.

08-10-2012, 10:38 PM
In another tied round, the next song to be eliminated from The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor is A Good Day. “A Good Day”, too bad it wasn’t that easy, but things just didn’t work your way. Some wished and some prayed, but the tribe has spoken. You must be on your way, so please leave the island immediately.

Votes
A Good Day – 5
The Shadow – 5
Every Song Is You – 4
Friday Night – 1

Previous Votes
A Good Day - 10
The Shadow - 4

Vote Breakdown
A Good Day – Koala
A Good Day – TimothyBFan
A Good Day – Topkat
A Good Day – timfan
A Good Day – Ive always been a dreamer
The Shadow – whitcap
The Shadow – luvthelighthouse
The Shadow - Prettymaid
The Shadow – Brooke
The Shadow – GlennLover
Every Song Is You – Freypower
Friday Night – Sodascouts

Songs remaining:
Parachute (http://www.amazon.com/Parachute/dp/B002SEQADW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-5)
Secular Praise (http://www.amazon.com/Secular-Praise/dp/B002SEVMBM/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-17)
The Shadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8-oa6kMy4)

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
A Good Day 08/10

Voting for Round 13 begins now!

Freypower
08-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I will stick with Every Song Is You.

08-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Okay, we're down to the Top 5 in the game. There have been some really good songs eliminated, but the five remaining are very deserving, IMO. Of all of the remaining songs, Every Song Is You is the only song that Tim didn’t write. However, I'd like to try to convince others to save it. This song is perfectly suited for Tim’s voice, and the vocals and harmonies are wonderful in it. I love everything about it – the music, the melody, and the lyrics all fit together so seamlessly just like a great song should. For me, it’s a perfect driving song – how can you be in a car listening to this song and not sing your heart out to this …

"So I go on down the road
One more little town that I don't know
I'm running late and I'm running low
On cold coffee and the radio
That plays me like you do
Every song is you"

This is one of those really good songs that is made even better by the artist. It’s one of those songs that gets in my head, and won’t go away. The song is so infectious and Tim's delivery makes the song his own. I’ve never heard it recorded by anyone else, but I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job with it. To me, it is one of the best arranged songs Tim has recorded and I hope it stays around even longer.

sodascouts
08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm with Dreamer. "Every Song Is You" is one of the best songs Tim's ever recorded. Typically, as I've said before, I go for songs Tim has written. However, in exceptional cases, one makes exceptions. This is one such exception for me. It's fun, catchy, melodic, and is great to just cruise down the road to, singing along and smiling. It's irresistable. I adore it!

I'm going to make a move to protect it. While I like The Shadow, I like ESIY far better.

I cast my vote for The Shadow.

SallyGee
08-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Prettymaid
08-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Dreamer, I don't know if it affects the outcome, but I also voted for The Shadow last round (I was the first to vote for it). I think The Shadow and A Good Day were actually tied at 5-5.

ETA: In looking at past rounds I see that A Good Day had 10 previous votes to The Shadow's 3, so everything stands as is.

Topkat
08-11-2012, 09:03 AM
I agree, I think Every Song Is You is one of Timothy's best songs. It's very catchy and has great lyrics. I do think that if this song had any airplay it could have been a hit for Timothy.

The Shadow is a song that Timothy still sings today which must mean that he has a special attachment to it or it has special meaning to him.

I cannot vote for either of these 2 songs, so my vote this round goes to;

FRIDAY NIGHT

luvthelighthouse
08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I recall hearing ESIY for the first time. I loved the catchiness (yes, made up word) that I played it numerous times in a row. More often than not, I prefer songs written by the singer... To agree with the others, this song is the exception to the rule. It's such a sing a long song.

I'm sad A Good Day is gone, I'd hate for ESIY to leave next. I feel like The Shadow is being kept around because others feel Tim must like it, since he still plays it. I haven't heard much about why people like the song themselves.

TimothyBFan
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I also LOVE ESIY and feel it needs to stick around. I'm willing to vote however I need to, with 1 exception, to keep it here. I want to vote for Friday Night which I think is the next one that should go but I will not vote yet till I see if others want to go that direction to save ESIY.

08-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Dreamer, I don't know if it affects the outcome, but I also voted for The Shadow last round (I was the first to vote for it). I think The Shadow and A Good Day were actually tied at 5-5.

ETA: In looking at past rounds I see that A Good Day had 10 previous votes to The Shadow's 3, so everything stands as is.

PM - I am so sorry for missing your vote. I'm on my way out to run some errands, but I'll recalulate everything and correct the results when I get back later this afternoon. You are right - it won't affect the final outcome of the round, thank goodness. That can get messy! :crazy: Thank you again for catching this.

ETA: Alrighty - I have corrected the results for the last round. Sorry again everyone for the error.

Topkat
08-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I love the way Tim's voice sounds on "The Shadow" I think it's a beautiful song with a story behind it. As compared to Friday Night, where he is speaking a lot of the lyrics and his voice just doesn't do it for me on that song. Please save "The Shadow" and "Every Song Is You" another great song from Tim's past solo albums.....

VOTE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT

UK TimFan
08-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I recall hearing ESIY for the first time. I loved the catchiness (yes, made up word) that I played it numerous times in a row. More often than not, I prefer songs written by the singer... To agree with the others, this song is the exception to the rule. It's such a sing a long song.

I'm sad A Good Day is gone, I'd hate for ESIY to leave next. I feel like The Shadow is being kept around because others feel Tim must like it, since he still plays it. I haven't heard much about why people like the song themselves.
With the omission of 'I loved the catchiness' simply because that description doesn't apply, and the alteration of the song title your first two sentences about you and ESIY would apply to me and 'The Shadow'.

I do think 'A good day' is far 'catchier' then ESIY. 'A good day' makes me sing-a-long, with a silly grin on my face and sometimes even swaying from side to side . (Fortunately I am usually alone when that happens!)
When I play ESIY, I sing-a-long to 'just another song'. I don't mean that to sound derogatory, because I do like it, but it's very much in the middle of my 'favourite Tim songs', if you know what I mean. :smile:

Plus, Tim did write 'The Shadow'.

timfan
08-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I vote for Every Song is You. It's a great song but for me personally it's not in my top 5.

08-11-2012, 06:57 PM

ltl - I'm not clear here. Is this post intended to be your vote? If so, can you please clarify that. Thanks.

08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I want to vote for Friday Night which I think is the next one that should go but I will not vote yet till I see if others want to go that direction to save ESIY.

Willie, unless 5 or 6 people all change their vote from previous rounds, it doesn't look like Friday Night has any chance of being eliminated this round. The battle seems like it will be between The Shadow and Every Song Is You. So if you want to save Every Song Is You, the safest bet is definitely to vote for The Shadow. That's what I'm going to do. I'm actually going to cast my vote now because I won't change my mind this time no matter what.

Topkat
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
By the way, people have been changing their votes from previous rounds! Also what about all those who voted for A Good Day last round??? Many of those votes are still up for grabs!!

I fear The Shadow will be eliminated, because people won't vote for Friday Night & that is what they really want to vote!!
We can Save THE SHADOW & EVERY SONG IS YOU if you are willing to vote out FRIDAY NIGHT.
There are still many votes out there that have not been cast yet!!
VOTE OUT FRIDAY NIGHT........

Topkat
08-11-2012, 08:54 PM
As I see it here, only 6 votes have been cast this round, so there are 9 or 10 more votes out there........Please don't vote out a song you love to save another....not yet. There are still votes out there!!! These rounds have been very close, so things can turn around!!!
VOTE OFF FRIDAY NIGHT

whitcap
08-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I vote for The Shadow.

sodascouts
08-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, there are currently 3 votes for "Every Song Is You", 3 votes for "The Shadow", and just one vote for "Friday Night". If you want to save "Every Song Is You", the most practical move is for you to vote for "The Shadow"... and that's what I'm urging all the ESIY fans to do.

SAVE "EVERY SONG IS YOU"! VOTE FOR "THE SHADOW"!

UK TimFan
08-12-2012, 04:41 AM
This is "The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor".

So make it truly live up it to its title, and let the last four songs be 'Tim's songs'.
(a) Songs on his current set list. (And unless it's changed since London 2010, 'The Shadow' is the only song from his earlier solo albums on the list.)
(b) Songs written by him.

SAVE "THE SHADOW"!

VOTE OFF "EVERY SONG IS YOU" !

zeldabjr
08-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Every Song Is You:-(

GlennLover
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
I vote The Shadow

Brooke
08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I will vote as I have for the last few rounds. I vote for The Shadow. It's a good song, but I like the rest better. I'm still wondering why he named the song The Shadow and the album Feed The Fire. It's a little confusing, like there are two songs.

TimothyBFan
08-12-2012, 05:32 PM
I have to try to save ESIY. I really could care less that he didn't write it. Makes no difference to me at all. The fact is, he sings it with pure perfection. I was really hoping that it would be Friday Night that would be the one to be thrown under the bus to save ESIY instead of The Shadow. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I vote for The Shadow.

Prettymaid
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I never care who wrote the song, or whether or not it's in the current set list. I just try to go with the songs I think are the best and vote off the rest.

I have said since round 5 that I want The Shadow gone. I'm not voting for it to save anything. It's just my least favorite of the songs left.

UK TimFan
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM

08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor is The Shadow. “The Shadow”, your colored dreams have been shattered, and you must be broken-hearted. You played with fate, but the tribe has spoken. You must now give in and leave the island immediately.

Votes
The Shadow – 7
Every Song Is You – 5
Friday Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Shadow – Sodascouts
The Shadow – Ive always been a dreamer
The Shadow – whitcap
The Shadow – GlennLover
The Shadow – Brooke
The Shadow – TimothyBFan
The Shadow – Prettymaid
Every Song Is You – Freypower
Every Song Is You – timfan
Friday Night – Topkat

Songs remaining:

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
A Good Day 08/10
The Shadow 08/12

Voting for Round 14 begins now!

08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm still wondering why he named the song The Shadow and the album Feed The Fire. It's a little confusing, like there are two songs.

Maybe the only explanation is 'artistic license', Brooke. :)

Not voting yet - just trying to convince others to now jump on the Friday Night bandwagon to save Every Song Is You. Both are very good catchy songs, but to me, the music, melody, and vocals are better in Every Song Is You.

SAVE EVERY SONG IS YOU!!!

VOTE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

sodascouts
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm with you!

It's good, but out of the remaining songs, it's the weakest.

timfan
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Same as before I vote for Every Song is You as it is my least fav of the remaining songs

TimothyBFan
08-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Jumping on this one also, to save ESIY.

I vote for Friday Night.

Freypower
08-12-2012, 09:46 PM
I vote for Friday Night but I'm not bothered which song goes.

luvthelighthouse
08-13-2012, 12:26 AM
This is probably not going to be a surprise for those that know me...

I vote for Parachute.

I know it's a favorite for many... it's not a bad song by any means... but "I" still haven't connected with it. Now, I know we all have our peaks and valleys and sometimes it can take years for a song to strike you the right way... I'm still waiting for that day. Of the final four, this is my least favorite.

Prettymaid
08-13-2012, 08:05 AM
This is a tough one. I like ESIY because Timothy stays in the higher range, which is his sweet spot, but again the chorus sounds like it could be the theme song to an 80's sitcom.

Timothy does not use his high range in Friday Night, and vocally I suppose it's not nearly as good as ESIY.....but that chorus!!! That fun, festival-like chorus just gets to me every time! I love Van Dyke Parks accordion in it - I think it makes the song so special, and Garth Hudson's meandering, melodic organ is wonderful.

I'm sure the fact that I wasn't familiar with TBS's solo works until I played a Survivor game before this one, and that I connected so fully to Expando when it came out, has a lot to do with how I feel about these songs.

I listened to both of them again, and I can confidentally vote off Every Song Is You.

SallyGee
08-13-2012, 08:42 AM

Topkat
08-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Voting for;
FRIDAY NIGHT

whitcap
08-13-2012, 07:06 PM
I vote for Friday Night.

zeldabjr
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Every Song Is You:-(

Koala
08-14-2012, 12:54 AM
I cast my vote for Friday Night

TimothyBFan
08-14-2012, 07:27 AM
This round is going to go down to the wire, I think.

If I'm calculating correctly, FN has 6 votes, ESIY has 4 votes and Parachute has 1 vote. Lots of votes still out there to be had.

Victim of Love
08-14-2012, 10:21 AM
My vote goes to Every Song Is You this round.

timfan
08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
As TBF said it looks like this round is gonna be another close one!

UK TimFan
08-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Brooke
08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I vote for Every Song Is You.

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh no! Friday Night needs two more votes to be eliminated (it would come out on top in a tie-breaker). ESIY fans, time is running out! Every vote counts - don't forget to cast it!

08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Okay I'm going to tie the score here. But we still need one more vote for Friday night to eliminate it. If the score remains tied, then Every Song Is You will go down. Most people who have been playing the game have voted, but there a still a few votes out there so it's not over yet.

Topkat
08-14-2012, 06:20 PM
It looks like 15 votes have been cast, so I'm not sure if there is anyone left that hasn't voted???I think we may have had 16 votes at some point. :sad:

GlennLover
08-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I vote Friday Night

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Ann, in this case, Every Vote Is You! lol. Of course, there are still 17 minutes left...

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor is Friday Night. “Friday Night”, let's end this conversation. The tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Friday Night - 8
Every Song Is You – 7
Parachute - 1

Vote Breakdown
Friday Night - sodascouts
Friday Night - TimothyBFan
Friday Night - Freypower
Friday Night – Topkat
Friday Night - whitcap
Friday Night - Koala
Friday Night - Ive always been a dreamer
Friday Night - GlennLover
Every Song Is You - Prettymaid
Every Song Is You - Victim of Love
Every Song Is You - Brooke
Parachute - luvthelighthouse

Songs remaining:

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
A Good Day 08/10
The Shadow 08/12
Friday Night 08/14

Voting for Round 15 begins now!

Freypower
08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
It is now high time Every Song Is You went.

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, that was an intense round! However, I'm happy with our top three. All of them are terrific, and all three of them have a different appeal.

- "Every Song Is You" is catchy, fun, and melodic.
- "Parachute" is exciting, original, and compelling.
- "Secular Praise" has a lot of depth and intensity.

It's very hard to choose! However, just looking at it from the perspective of which songs I would rather listen to, I enjoy one a little less than the other two.

Sorry Willie....

I cast my vote for Secular Praise.

timfan
08-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree it's time for Every Song is You to go and I vote accordingly

08-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Yep - that last round was a nail-biter indeed. Every Song Is You has had a good run in this game. It outlasted all of Tim's other pre-Expando solo songs, and even beat out three songs from the mighty Expando. I agree with everything that Soda said. I love all three of these remaining songs, but Every Song Is You is my personal favorite. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see it make it to the final round. For any of you that feel the same way, join me and Soda. There's no reason for me to wait to vote this round, so ...

I cast my vote for Secular Praise.

Topkat
08-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, that was a close round. Of the songs left I am going to have to vote for
SECULAR PRAISE

Kind of hate to vote for that one, but it's almost the end of the game, so something has gotta go!

Prettymaid
08-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Oooooh, that last round hurt. :ack: Some of you here know how much I have liked Friday Night ever since Expando was released. However, (and I always have trouble coming to terms with this), even though it's probably my favorite song on the album, I don't necessarily think it's the best song on the album. Which is the best song on Expando? I don't have to worry about that yet, because this round I vote for Every Song Is You.

I'm not going to try to convince anyone to save Secular Praise. I'll leave that to TBF! Lol!

UK TimFan
08-15-2012, 01:48 AM

TimothyBFan
08-15-2012, 07:32 AM
WOW----I must say I am extremely proud of myself this game because I have actually picked the same 3 final songs on my list!! :thumbsup:

I knew at some point I would have to try to defend my beloved Secular Praise. The problem is that I don't quite know how to do that because, for me, it's a personal thing. This song touches me like no other song I've ever heard. And this might surprise others, but I actually do not listen to it that much because it affects me so much. As most of you know, the words to this song can reduce me to tears more times than not.

I think I will wait and see what happens here before I cast my vote. (Starting to like this whole 'voting strategically' thing). :hilarious: Parachute is actually next on my list to go (forgive me Kenny Wayne) but I will throw ESIY under the bus, if need be, to save Secular Praise.

In the meantime, I'm pulling out the signature bar to make you all think about it a bit before voting. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
08-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Ooooooh, the signature bar! Good thinking Willie!

luvthelighthouse
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
The final three are all very deserving songs. I think I enjoy ESIY the most, because it has a happy tone and is fun to sing along with. SP is awesome and in a class of its own, but I'm not always in the mood to hear it. It can be to "deep" for me at times. Now, while I'm not the biggest fan of Parachute, I can appreciate it and the love others have for it.

So, right now, I have no clue what to do.:headscratch:

Brooke
08-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Since I've been trying to vote off ESIY I will continue with that. I really like the other two much better. Secular Praise just gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I second every thing you said about it, Willie, it's beautiful.

I vote for Every Song Is You.

Topkat
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
The final 3 are all very deserving songs & all very different. I love all of them for different reasons. I think it does show how versatile Timothy really is & although he never really had huge success as a solo artist, there is something very special about him, that those of us on this site appreciate, (and I mean besides his looks,) but musically!!!:)

zeldabjr
08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
The final 3 are all very deserving songs & all very different. I love all of them for different reasons. I think it does show how versatile Timothy really is & although he never really had huge success as a solo artist, there is something very special about him, that those of us on this site appreciate, (and I mean besides his looks,) but musically!!!:)

I'm with you all the way on this TK:)..I always say he could sing me the phonebook and I'd be a happy girl:)

whitcap
08-15-2012, 10:40 PM
I vote for Parachute.

zeldabjr
08-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Every Song Is You

Victim of Love
08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
My vote goes to Every Song Is You.

SallyGee
08-16-2012, 03:59 PM

TimothyBFan
08-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm showing 8 votes for ESIY, 1 for Parachute & 3 for SP. So I think SP will be safe yet this round unless we see a surge of votes for it. So I'm sticking with my list.

I vote for Parachute.

GlennLover
08-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I vote Parachute. It's probably my least favorite song on Expando.

Freypower
08-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I vote Parachute. It's probably my least favorite song on Expando.

Wow! It's my second favourite, after Downtime, which didn't make the cut for this game! How differeent we all are!

sodascouts
08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
"Parachute" is my fave song off of Expando. Meanwhile, ESIY is going down in flames. These votes pain me!

sodascouts
08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor is Every Song is You. “Every Song Is You”, it's time to go on down the road. The tribe has spoken. Please leave the island immediately.

The two remaining songs, step forward for the final showdown:

Parachute (http://www.amazon.com/Parachute/dp/B002SEQADW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-5) vs Secular Praise (http://www.amazon.com/Secular-Praise/dp/B002SEVMBM/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1341988048&sr=1-17)!

Votes
Every Song Is You – 8
Secular Praise - 3
Parachute - 3

Vote Breakdown
Every Song Is You - Freypower
Every Song Is You - Prettymaid
Every Song Is You - Brooke
Every Song Is You - Victim of Love
Secular Praise - sodascouts
Secular Praise - Ive always been a dreamer
Secular Praise - Topkat
Parachute - whitcap
Parachute - TimothyBFan
Parachute - GlennLover

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
A Good Day 08/10
The Shadow 08/12
Friday Night 08/14
Every Song Is You 08/16

Songs remaining:
Parachute
Secular Praise

This is our last and final round. As a result, it’s special. We do NOT vote for the song we want to leave. We vote for the one WE WANT TO WIN. That’s the way they do it on the show, so that’s the way we do it here.

Again,
VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Voting for the FINAL ROUND begins now!

Prettymaid
08-16-2012, 08:17 PM
OH BOY!!! :yay: Parachute and Secular Praise made it to the final!

OH NO!!! :help: Parachute and Secular Praise made it to the final!

I always make a list for these games, and on the top of the list, side by side, I wrote these two songs. Now I have to decide which one deserves top spot. Not voting yet.

timfan
08-16-2012, 08:18 PM
No question for me....

I vote for SECULAR PRAISE for the WIN!!!!!

Since it was released it has become my favourite song of Timothy's without a doubt. :partytime: :)

sodascouts
08-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Secular Praise is beautiful but my vote goes to...

PARACHUTE for the win!!!!

I love this song's sense of drama, energy, and excitement. I love the unique central metaphor, the intelligent wordplay, and the effective imagery. I love the way it's constructed - the way the interesting transitions and rhythmic pacing carries you along for the ride (for instance, "soaring way up high" to "when you think you've had enough"). I love everything about this song!

I truly believe it's the best song he's ever released and would be a very worthy winner of this Survivor.

Freypower
08-16-2012, 08:27 PM
There is no question for me either; Parachute to win!

whitcap
08-16-2012, 08:29 PM
I vote Secular Praise for the win.

Topkat
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I vote for PARACHUTE for the WIN!

I LOVE everything about this song, the words, the harmonies, Graham Nash, Timmy's vocals.....the guitar work. I loved it the minute I heard it & still do.

PARACHUTE deserves to WIN SURVIVOR!

zeldabjr
08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
not surprised which two songs made it to the final, but now I don't know...I adore both of these songs.:dizzy:

timfan
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I think this may be yet another close round ;)

Victim of Love
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
I vote for SECULAR PRAISE to win!

Koala
08-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I vote for SECULAR PRAISE for The Win!!!!

luvthelighthouse
08-17-2012, 01:13 AM
I can not explain why, but I find Parachute depressing. The imagery doesn't work for me. I keep hoping something will snap and I will find myself suddenly in love with this song, but so far, no dice.

Since ESIY is gone, this is easy for me. Had ESIY made it this far, I really wouldn't have known what to do up against SP... but that didn't happen.

I vote for Secular Praise for the Win!!!

TimothyBFan
08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Sad to see Every Song Is You gone but then again, I would of been sorry so see any of the 3 final songs go.

I love Parachute and it's my 2nd favorite song on the Expando album. I absolutely LOVE Kenny's guitar work on the album and I cannot forget the video of him and Timothy in the studio with Kenny playing the solo and the look of amazement on Timothy's face when he was done. Priceless!!!! I need to see if I can find that again. Might still be on Timothy's official site.

I guess it will be no surprise to anyone here what I am voting for for the win.

Secular Praise for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimothyBFan
08-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Here's the link to Timothy's site where you can find the clip I was referring to above. I'm sure you've all seen it but it's worth another look.

http://www.timothybschmit.com/index.php?content=videos

Prettymaid
08-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Here it is Willie! (You all may have to click on the Kenny Wayne Shepherd video first.)

GlennLover
08-17-2012, 08:13 AM
[quote=luvthelighthouse;190289]I keep hoping something will snap and I will f
Find myself suddenly in love with this song, but so far, no dice. quote]

I feel the same way, ltl, so with that being said-

I vote [B]Secular Praise[B]for the win.

Brooke
08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm very torn here. I really love both of these songs and am listening to all of your comments to help me decide, so keep up the good work everyone! Not ready to vote yet. :hmm:

sodascouts
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
C'mon, folks!

OPEN UP YOUR PARACHUTE!!

zeldabjr
08-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Here's the link to Timothy's site where you can find the clip I was referring to above. I'm sure you've all seen it but it's worth another look.

I hadn't seen that clip with KWS until now...omg...that shot of him at the end is Priceless!!!!!

UK TimFan
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
By a margin of about .01 per cent :smile: I vote for 'Parachute'.

Brooke
08-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, it's tough, but I'm going to have to go with my first thought. I really, really love SP. It just pretty much tears me up and makes me think of my husband and brothers as little boys. Makes me nostalgic. But I think Parachute is really, the better song.

I vote for Parachute for the win!

ETA: You almost had me, Willie.

zeldabjr
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I had Expando in the car today...playing Parachute then Secular Praise...back and forth...still can't decide!

luvthelighthouse
08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I had Expando in the car today...playing Parachute then Secular Praise...back and forth...still can't decide!

I did that the other night... listed to ESIY, P and SP over and over and over... then I missed voting that day! :brickwall: Which was probably for the best, because I couldn't up my mind.

SallyGee
08-17-2012, 05:53 PM
This is an easy vote for me. Parachute is the only song on Expando that I did not fall in love with the first time I heard it. I find it kind of depressing as someone else mentioned. It just doesn't do anything for me.
I vote for Secular Praise for the win!

AzEaglesFan
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Although I like Parachute, I LOVE Secular Praise.
I vote Secular Praise for the win.

Prettymaid
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
...playing Parachute then Secular Praise...back and forth...still can't decide!

I can, and it only took one listen of each!

How could I ever have questioned the awesomeness of....wait for it...

PARACHUTE!!!!

Those harmonies, the rockin' guitar...I love it!!!

I vote for Parachute for the win!!! Yes I do!!! :nod::bow:

zeldabjr
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I bet Timothy would have trouble deciding between these two songs too! one is that sweet mellow Timothy that I love, the other is more rockin...love it in a different way! I just hope my vote doesn't decide it...that would be awful! I really should decide tonight because I'm not gonna be home tomorrow...oh no!

zeldabjr
08-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Secular Praise to win!

08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Well - I also thought this round would be very close, but I am a bit surprised at the outcome. I figured Parachute would win by a slight margin - shows what I know. :wink: So I guess this game evens the score between them since Parachute prevailed in the Expando Survivor game. Anyway, they are both great songs, but I give a slight edge to Parachute. To me, it is the best overall song on Expando and of Tim's solo career, even though Every Song Is You is my personal favorite. So even though it won't make any difference in the final results ...

I cast my vote for Parachute.

Topkat
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Dreamer, I agree with you that I thought Parachute would be the winner here, but shows what I know! It's my favorite song from Expando by far! I didn't think Secular Praise was that much of a favorite??? But I was wrong, as usual!
I also adore Every Song Is You, my favorite of Tim's previous works!
Well, it doesn't really matter the outcome. We all have different tastes on here.
But we all do have a love for Timothy, so that's what we all have in common:smitten:

08-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, it was a very exciting game, but when it finally came down to it, the winner of the "Best of Timothy B. Schmit" Survivor is....

SECULAR PRAISE!

Votes
Secular Praise – 10
Parachute – 7

Vote Breakdown
Secular Praise – timfan
Secular Praise – whitcap
Secular Praise – Victim of Love
Secular Praise – Koala
Secular Praise – luvthelighthouse
Secular Praise – TimothyBFan
Secular Praise – GlennLover
Secular Praise – SallyGee
Secular Praise – zeldabjr
Secular Praise – AzEaglesFan
Parachute – Sodascouts
Parachute – Freypower
Parachute – Topkat
Parachute – UK Timfan
Parachute – Brooke
Parachute – Prettymaid
Parachute – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
So Much in Love 07/19
Boys Night Out 07/21
Don't Give Up 07/23
Top of the Stairs 07/25
In Roxy's Eyes 07/29
Something Sad 08/02
Down By the River 08/04
A Good Day 08/10
The Shadow 08/12
Friday Night 08/14
Every Song Is You 08/16
Parachute 08/18

Congrats, SECULAR PRAISE!

Hope you enjoyed the game. Thanks for playing, everybody!

timfan
08-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Congrats to Secular Praise!!!

To celebrate: a video of Timothy performing Secular Praise at the Three Rivers Arts Festival in Pittsburgh PA in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duR0PD2dkmA

Prettymaid
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Great game! Congratulations to Secular Praise! Here's my list:

1. Parachute
2. Secular Praise
3. Friday Night
4. A Good Day
5. Every Song Is You
6. In Roxy's Eyes
7. Was It Just the Moonlight
8. Down By the River
9. Make You Feel My Love
10. Tell Me What You Dream
11. White Boy From Sacramento
12. The Shadow
13. Something Sad
14. Top of the Stairs
15. So Much In Love
16. Don't Give Up
17. Boy's Night Out

And here's the video I made of Secular Praise last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUymfyCe8r8

08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks tf and PM - I was just getting ready to post the video that tf posted, but I appreciate you two being on the ball.

CONGRATULATIONS TO SECULAR PRAISE!!!

And congratulations to Parachute as well - two of Tim's best, that's for sure.

I'll post my list when I get a little more time. If enough folks post theirs, I'll compile the results as usual.

Freypower
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't really have a proper list for this game because some songs I know a lot better than others. However:

1. Parachute
2. A Good Day
3. Down By The River
4. Secular Praise
5. Every Song Is You
6. The Shadow
7. White Boy From Sacramento
8. In Roxy's Eyes
9. Tell Me What You Dream
10. Was It Just The Moonlight
11. Friday Night
12. Something Sad
13. Make You Feel My Love
14. Don't Give Up
15. Boys Night Out
16. Top Of The Stairs
17. So Much In Love

TimothyBFan
08-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I had to check in to see how it turned out. I'm very excited but I would of been just fine if it had gone the other way also. I will post my list later also.

Thanks for the videos. Now I'm in tears. PM- yours has become so special to me!

08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Okay - That didn't take me as long as I thought. My opinions in these games are usually fairly mainstream in that my lists is normally pretty reflective of the order of finish in the games. But, that was definitely not the case in this game. Here's my list ...

1. Every Song Is You
2. Parachute
3. Down By the River
4. Secular Praise
5. Friday Night
6. The Shadow
7. White Boy from Sacramento
8. In Roxy’s Eyes
9. Was It Just the Moonlight
11. A Good Day
12. Make You Feel My Love
13. Something Sad
14. Boys Night Out
15. Top of the Stairs
16. Don't Give Up
17. So Much in Love

zeldabjr
08-18-2012, 10:41 PM
to me Parachute and Secular Praise are both winners!!! I would have been just as happy if Parachute had won...I loved my first Survivor game...though it was much more difficult than I anticipated...glad I wasn't around for Expando Survivor...would have died doing that!...don't mean to sound dumb, but what is this list people are putting on?...how we would have liked it all to turn out?...and thanks Dreamer and Soda for all your work!!

Koala
08-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Congrats to Secular Praise!!!
My choice won, whatever Parachute is a worthy second first place!

Prettymaid
08-19-2012, 08:01 AM
what is this list people are putting on?...how we would have liked it all to turn out?...and thanks Dreamer and Soda for all your work!!

Yep. Before the game starts I always give a listen to all the songs and make my list, favorite to least fave. Then at the end of the game I present my list, just to show others how similar to the game or different it was.

SallyGee
08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
It is so interesting that people can like the same singer, but have such different opinions on the individual songs. I will post my list soon.

Freypower
08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
to me Parachute and Secular Praise are both winners!!! I would have been just as happy if Parachute had won...I loved my first Survivor game...though it was much more difficult than I anticipated...glad I wasn't around for Expando Survivor...would have died doing that!...don't mean to sound dumb, but what is this list people are putting on?...how we would have liked it all to turn out?...and thanks Dreamer and Soda for all your work!!

Rank the songs from favourite to least favourite & then the results are tabulated to see how different it is from the result of the game.

SallyGee
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
The top and bottom of the list is pretty consistant, but the middle can vary according to my mood, but here is my list.
A Good Day
Top of the Stairs
Friday Night
Secular Praise
The Shadow
White Boy From Sacramento
Make You Feel My Love
Something Sad
Parachute
Every Song Is You
In Roxy's Eyes
Down By The River
Was It Just the Moonlight
So Much In Love
Tell Me What You Dream
Don't Give Up
Boys Night Out

08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
No matter how hard we try, we can tend to forget that new folks may not be familiar with some of our 'traditions'. Sorry to those who aren't aware of how we make our list and how the results are tallied. If you want more information about it, see post #37 in this thread ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782&page=4

It is basically done the same way that we calculated the results of our Top 40 Eagles Songs poll that some of you may have participated in a couple of months ago.

zeldabjr
08-19-2012, 09:31 PM
:heart::heart::heart:here is my list...
Secular Praise
Parachute
Friday Night
A Good Day
White Boy From Sacramento
The Shadow
Make You Feel My Love
Every Song Is You
Down By The River
Something Sad
Tell Me What You Dream
In Roxy's Eyes
Top Of The Stairs
Was It Just The Moonlight
Don't Give Up
So Much In Love
Boys Night Out
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

TimothyBFan
08-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Here's my list:

1. Secular Praise
2. Every Song Is You
3. Parachute
4. Something Sad
5. Down By The River
6. The Shadow
7. Friday Night
8. Top Of The Stairs
9. White Boy From Sacramento
10. Don't Give Up
11. So Much In Love
12. Boys Night Out
13. Tell Me What You Dream
14. Was It Just The Moonlight
15. Make You Feel My Love
16. A Good Day
17. In Roxy's Eyes

Brooke
08-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm not real familiar with Timothy's early songs, so the last part of my list could change easily. As for the top part, they are pretty much stable.

Here's my list:

1. Parachute
2. Secular Praise
3. Down By The River
4. A Good Day
5. White Boy From Sacramento
6. Friday Night
7. Make You Feel My Love
8. Was It Just The Moonlight
9. Every Song Is You
10.The Shadow
11.In Roxy's Eyes
12.Tell Me What You Dream
13.Something Sad
14.Top of the Stairs
15.Boys Night Out
16.Don't Give Up
17.So Much In Love

ETA: Congrats to Secular Praise!

I had to stick with my list (with Soda's persuasion) and vote for Parachute. Willie nearly changed my mind though! It was a tough decision and both songs are very deserving!

sodascouts
08-20-2012, 03:01 PM
CONGRATS TO SECULAR PRAISE!!

It wasn't my horse in the race, but it's a terrific song and a worthy winner.

Here's my list, from favorite to least favorite:

1. Parachute
2. Every Song Is You
3. In Roxy's Eyes
4. A Better Day Is Coming
5. A Good Day
6. Something Sad
7. The Shadow
8. Secular Praise
9. Friday Night
10. Make You Feel My Love
11. Top of the Stairs
12. Was It Just the Moonlight
13. Boys Night Out
14. Don't Give Up
15. White Boy from Sacramento
16. Down by the River
17. Tell Me What You Dream
18. So Much In Love

Victim of Love
08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
This is definitely the hardest part because I love all of Timothy's works. And while I really have enjoyed everything on the Expando CD, I still lean toward a lot of his older stuff first...subject to change, of course, depending my mood. Today it stacks up like this:

1. Secular Praise
2. The Shadow
3. Parachute
4. Top of the Stairs
5. Make You Feel My Love
6. Friday Night
7. Every Song Is You
8. In Roxy's Eyes
9. A Good Day
11. Down By The River
12. White Boy From Sacramento
13. Something Sad
14. Was It Just The Moonlight
15. Don't Give Up
16. Boys Night Out
17. So Much In Love

08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm a little late on getting these results of our lists posted, but here they are. Interesting how this differs from the results of the game ...

1. Parachute - 139 points
2. Secular Praise - 136 points
3. Every Song Is You - 113 points
4. Friday Night - 110 points
5. A Good Day - 107 points
6. The Shadow - 103 points
7. Down By the River - 93 points
8. White Boy From Sacramento - 87 points
9. In Roxy's Eyes - 78 points (tie for 9th and 10th place)
10. Make You Feel My Love - 78 points (tie for 9th and 10th place)
11. Something Sad - 71 points
12. Top of the Stairs - 65 points
13. Was It Just the Moonlight - 62 points
14. Tell Me What You Dream - 55 points
15. Don't Give Up - 31 points
16. Boys Night Out - 27 points
17. So Much In Love - 22 points

Prettymaid
09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks Dreamer! I still wish Parachute would have taken it all, but Secular Praise is a very moving and beautiful song.

gibsonmartin
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
This is a fun-filled trivia game! What happens to the final list? Doesn't it get forwarded to Timothy's management team for them to consider as basis just in case there is a TIMOTHY SCHMIT - THE VERY BEST OF album in the works?

01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Naw - but, maybe, Timothy or some of his representatives will see this thread (and others) and pass this information on to Timothy. :wink: :wink:

sodascouts
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
I wish!