PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Nicks

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh, I'm glad I went overall, definitely.

What surprised me is the part about the teleprompter? I have never even seen a show with a teleprompter. Does she usually use one? I didn't know that.

Stevie - and many other artists - usually uses a small teleprompter placed discreetly on the stage with the lyrics to the songs scrolling by to help in case a lyric is forgotten here or there. Stevie doesn't need it often, but like I said, it's a good "safety net" - if you get flustered or lose your place, you can just glance at the teleprompter. She didn't have that in NOLA.

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. What a shame that the audience didn't appreciate it. :(

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 12:57 AM
That's OK. When you go to as many shows as I do, there's bound to be some that aren't the greatest!

Here's my next plan. Earlier in the thread I mentioned a movie premiere in California that I would like to go to. However, it wasn't logistically feasible, so I gave up on that idea.

Then, she announced another premiere at the Hamptons Film Festival in New York on October 7! This one IS feasible and I'm totally going to be there!! This one also has a Q&A Session. I can't wait!!!

WalshFan88
09-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Cool!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 06:22 AM
hey, that does sound like fun...what movie ?

Brooke
09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
No Dreams from Stevie? That is strange. You know, maybe if she'd have done more old songs the crowd would have recognized her more easily. She did several, but....

Very cool about the NY show! Sounds fun!

Topkat
09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
That's OK. When you go to as many shows as I do, there's bound to be some that aren't the greatest!

Here's my next plan. Earlier in the thread I mentioned a movie premiere in California that I would like to go to. However, it wasn't logistically feasible, so I gave up on that idea.

Then, she announced another premiere at the Hamptons Film Festival in New York on October 7! This one IS feasible and I'm totally going to be there!! This one also has a Q&A Session. I can't wait!!!

Soda, is she going to be performing here? It looks like a movie premiere and a Q & A session with Stevie? I'm sure you wold love that anyway even if she doesn't sing..

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 12:08 PM
It's just a Q&A and the premiere of her documentary In Your Dreams. There's no show. However, in some ways, this will be even better than a show because it's so rare!

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Oh, and you can find a review of the NOLA show with a photo on GroundReport.com (http://www.groundreport.com/Business/New-Orleans-Rocks/2948199).

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Oh, and you can find a review of the NOLA show with a photo on GroundReport.com (http://www.groundreport.com/Business/New-Orleans-Rocks/2948199).

Soda,
Thanks for the post .This is a great article. Its ashame...I have seen gladys Knight (with her Pip brother ) at another concert .She really puts on a show...so for this writer to say that Stevie was the best is really a comliment. Sadly I have never seen her in concert.(Would love to but last visit in AC they wanted way too much money for the tickets and it was too much out of the concert budget.)

Just a terrific article and saying so many nice and positive things about Stevie was nice to read.

tt

Topkat
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Very nice review.Thanks for posting!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 06:37 PM
gee soda...guess I gotta add a Stevie concert to my bucket list after reading that review. HOw many times have youseen her?

tt

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I've seen Stevie solo 23 times since I first started in 2001. It sounds extreme, but really, it just works out to twice a year! ;)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
like how u think on that reasining.....

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
oh forgot to ask...what was your fave and why
?

sodascouts
09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
That's a hard one! There are many special shows that stand out to me.

One of the most thrilling was her show at the Wiltern in 2011. She played almost every song off of her new album In Your Dreams, which at the time was brand new. For Stevie Nicks, that's UNHEARD OF. I couldn't believe my ears and I was thrilled to my toes!! We got those in addition to the hits, so it was the best of both worlds.

Plus, the place was filled with hardcores - people had traveled from all over - so the energy from the audience was incredible. Stevie was so excited and bubbling over with energy, too. Lindsey Buckingham was a guest and we got to witness them having a "moment." I was at the stage and got to touch her hand as she came by during "Edge of Seventeen." Everything was wonderful!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-26-2012, 11:45 AM
thats really cool.
Some times you just know you are in the middle of something special .

When JAhh and I saw TBS solo for the first time at the KEswick...I had never heard anything of his solo. I made the decision not to buy the cd ahead of time and listen. I was so glad I did that. It was so cool to hear his Expando cd for the first time live. (Know what I mean) Like he as saying ....."h heres some things I was just working on and i will play it for you". SO I cna understand why youiked hearing her do her cd live that night and with Lindsay being there it was special I am sure.

Oh by the way...did you get the new fleedtwood mac book writen by Ken colat about the making of rumors??? I saw it in the book store??
TT

sodascouts
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes - we talked about it here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248&page=27) (scroll down to PFD's post)

Topkat
09-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Has anyone heard of AXS TV Concerts??? Apparently Stevie will be doing this on Sunday at 9:20pm. I'm going to see if I can find out more about this??
Here is the link. I have TW Cable & we don't get it, but Dish & Direct TV do have it

http://www.axs.tv/programs/concert-series/

Brooke
09-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes, I have it on Dish. They have lots of good shows.

WalshFan88
09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it! I'll DVR it.

Topkat
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Please let us know how it is & if any of it can be seen online. Would love to see it, but TW Cable doesn't have the channel.:sad:

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Cool! I wish I had this channel!

prayfordaylight
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
AXS is the former HDNet.

TimothyBFan
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Quite a bit of stuff in Ann & Nancy Wilson's book, Kicking and Dreaming about Stevie and some time they all spent together and the drug habits of all of them and how they couldn't keep up with Stevie. I hesitate to put any quotes in here from the book because it doesn't paint Stevie in such a good light. Probably nothing our diehard Stevie fans don't already know tho.

sodascouts
10-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah, poor Stevie was pretty messed up on coke back in the day. Thank God she got treatment and was able to give it up.

WalshFan88
10-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Thank God she got treatment and was able to give it up.

For sure!

prayfordaylight
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Although the Klonopin was probably even worse...

sodascouts
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Just got back from the Hamptons ths morning. I'm going to take about a thirty minute nap and then head off to work, but I wanted to say that it was definitely a cool experience and I'm glad I went!

Topkat
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Soda, Can't wait to hear all about it! Hey what did you end up wearing? It was raining here yesterday

WalshFan88
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Cool!!

sodascouts
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Soda, Can't wait to hear all about it! Hey what did you end up wearing? It was raining here yesterday

I wore faux leather pants, leather ankle boots, and an oversize magenta sweater with a scoop neck (thanks for the advice). Unfortunately, most of the day, all anyone could see was a big green raincoat!

I finished teaching for the day and I'm about to leave for home. I feel so sick. That midday nap only made me feel gross. Maybe I'll feel better after dinner.

TimothyBFan
10-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Have to agree with Stevie here. :hilarious: And I never watch the show but just knowing who Nicki is.....

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-nicki-minaj/

sodascouts
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, I think Stevie might have made a mistake with this. I know she wasn't being literal, but it's drawn a lot of negative attention her way.

BTW I have nothing but contempt for Nicki Minaj as well.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 05:17 PM
no excuses...no matter who you are you should still have some respect dignity and decourm. Bad manners arent an excues they are just bad behavior.
(Not that I like NIkki M either by the by)

Prettymaid
10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
So, this Nicki person says she's going to shoot Mariah Carey, and then Stevie says she'd strangle Nicki for saying that. Okay-y-y-y-y.....:headscratch:

Brooke
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
NM is one reason I won't be watching AI this year. And I absolutely love Keith Urban. I can't imagine why he agreed to do it other than the $$$$$$.

I agree with Stevie too, but she probably shouldn't have said it.

sodascouts
10-10-2012, 10:38 PM
She's apologized.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/2012/10/10/stevie-nicks-would-have-strangled-nicki-minaj/1624403/

Prettymaid
10-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Good for her! The last two sentences say it all.

Witchy Woman
10-11-2012, 12:20 AM
We've all said things we shouldn't have, the difference is Stevie's gets laid out for everyone to see. Both Nicki and Mariah need a lesson in humility and integrity. Mariah's passive agressiveness towards Nicki only makes things worse, and they're both spolied divas. Either way, Stevie was simply saying how she would have felt if it were her ( I doubt very highly she has any desire to strangle Ms. Minaj ).

WalshFan88
10-11-2012, 02:46 AM
I for one cannot stand Nicki Minaj. She is a perfect example of what is wrong with today's "music" (and I use that term VERY loosely). It's so autotuned, overprocessed, fake, and no talent....

I'm glad for Stevie that she made an apology but I stand by her original thought on Minaj 100 percent.

TimothyBFan
10-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm glad for Stevie that she made an apology but I stand by her original thought on Minaj 100 percent.

Me too!! Sorry, but she said what she felt and, I for one get tired of everyone having to apologize for saying how they feel, just because it's not politically correct or the right thing to say and might offend someone. Blah, blah, blah!!! :hilarious:

prayfordaylight
10-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Me too!! Sorry, but she said what she felt and, I for one get tired of everyone having to apologize for saying how they feel, just because it's not politically correct or the right thing to say and might offend someone. Blah, blah, blah!!! :hilarious:

I totally agree.

I wish Stevie hadn't apologized. I'm glad someone called Nicki Minaj out on her crazy, outlandish behavior. Professionalism has gone completely out the window in the music industry.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Yep - I'm totally with you about this, Willie. Honestly, I get tired of all the 'political correctness' these days. I think it's gone overboard. Okay, maybe Stevie went a little overboard with what she said, but Nicki was the one that went overboard with her behavior. She's the one that needs to be apologizing, IMHO.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
jmo- nm should have apoligized ,not sn

Topkat
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I wore faux leather pants, leather ankle boots, and an oversize magenta sweater with a scoop neck (thanks for the advice). Unfortunately, most of the day, all anyone could see was a big green raincoat!

I finished teaching for the day and I'm about to leave for home. I feel so sick. That midday nap only made me feel gross. Maybe I'll feel better after dinner.

Soda, I'm glad you wore some faux leather pants. I had a pair a few years ago, but they were just too hot! I mean I was sweating in them, so I sold them on Ebay!! LOL

Have you reported on your trip to see the Stevie premier, yet? I haven't seen anything. I want to hear about your escapades in the Hamptons!!!! Please do tell....What was Stevie wearing? Was there a Q&A? Did she sing anything??
Inquiring minds wanna know!!!

EaglesKiwi
10-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Yep - I'm totally with you about this, Willie. Honestly, I get tired of all the 'political correctness' these days. I think it's gone overboard. Okay, maybe Stevie went a little overboard with what she said, but Nicki was the one that went overboard with her behavior. She's the one that needs to be apologizing, IMHO.
Stevie apologising merely highlights the difference between her and Nicki - one is a gracious professional who has learnt from her life's experiences and earnt her success, and the other is... NOT.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I agree 100 %

Topkat
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
STEVIE ALERT She is appearing on Palladia 12-2 pm on Hard Rock Calling...She has not been on yet. Others are Train, Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart.

Topkat
10-13-2012, 12:45 PM
OK,she's on now singing Secret Love:rockon:

sodascouts
10-13-2012, 01:41 PM
The Hamptons Film Festival was a very cool experience overall, and I'm very glad I went!

It was truly a whirlwind trip, with a brutal schedule.

I flew in to LaGuardia from Memphis Friday afternoon, and got there about 6:30. I met one friend there, but we had another friend coming who wasn't getting in until 10:30 and who we had to wait around for before making the hour-long drive to our hotel (halfway between LaGuardia and the Hamptons. Long Island sure is LONG!)

We rented a car and decided to drive into the city for dinner. BIG mistake. Driving was very tense! I have driven in Chicago and Los Angeles with some stress but I never felt like I was constantly in danger of having an accident. In New York City, I did feel that way, and it was awful! We survived, though, and wound up at a Bistro in SoHo. Then, it was back to the airport. We picked up my friend and got to our hotel about midnight.

Next night, it was up early to drive for the next hour-long drive to the Hamptons! Unlike last night, this drive was super-easy and the weather was beautiful. We got there at 10:00 for a noon event - another mistake. Stevie hardcores are famous for getting in line EARLY, and we must have had 100 people ahead of us. (We were planning to get there at 9:00, but one of my friends was dragging her feet a bit.)

Still, this wasn't a concert; this was Stevie's Q&A. We were seated about halfway up the center section and had a great view. Stevie came in wearing tight black pants, a flowing long black top, black ankle boots, and sunglasses (yes, we were indoors, but I guess she thought it looked cool). She sat down and talked with an enthusiastic interviewer for about 45 minutes, then spent the last 15 minutes answering fan questions.

In her talk, she discussed working with her latest album In Your Dreams producer and collaborator Dave Stewart (formerly of the Eurythmics) and how great it was. She talked about their process and recording in her mansion in Southern California, and all the fun they had. She joked about never intending to write with him, but after he read her poetry and actually seemed to appreciate it, she decided to try co-writing with him - which she had never done before in that style - and it worked wonderfully.

I say "joked" but it wasn't really that she was joking per se, it's that she tells her stories in a way that make you laugh. She's just so... Stevie. lol

She said she wrote in a very free style without caring about "rules" of what is considered traditionally structured music - that she didn't even know those rules and other than some rudimentary guitar lessons to help her know how to play enough to write on guitar, she'd had no training.

BTW, she said she was actually told NOT to make new music because her manager and label didn't think it would make money. Oh my gosh. See, THIS is what the problem with the music industry is, folks. Not downloading or YouTube. The fact that musicians are told "Hey, you're not going to make a bunch of money off of this, people will just steal it, don't make new music, just tour" by their management and label. Those greedy b@$t@rds, how dare they tell Stevie not to make new music! They blame the fact that it will be stolen but really they just know that classic rockers' new albums NEVER sold as well as their old stuff and they are actively discouraging them from making it. It pisses me off so bad when I hear stuff like that! And Stevie went along with it for a while!! Then, Stevie said that she finally decided it wouldn't matter if she didn't make money, that she was going to make the music for the sake of it. I'm sitting there thinking "Well, That's how it's supposed to be, folks." And guess what? People DID buy it. People DO appreciate it. Maybe when more classic rock acts start doing it for the love of it instead of for the bottom line, they'd have the same positive results.

Unfortunately, there was a bit too much Lindsey-dissing for my taste. She told us that Lindsey was controlling in the studio and they were always fighting even to this day, because they are still not over each other. In fact, she asserts that Lindsey still is bitter that they didn't get married back in the Buckingham Nicks days and thus don't have a family of their own. Still, she asked him to play on her song "Soldier's Angel" because she felt "he was the only one who could do it" and "I needed him." So, despite everything, the connection is still there and, according to both of them, always will be.

The few questions she took included whether she planned on continuing making music and performing for the foreseeable future - she said YES! It was Fleetwood Mac's year next year, then she'd be doing more solo stuff after that.

Another question: Would she ever write an "tell-all"? What did she think of her mention in the recent book by the Wilson sisters? She said if she ever did one, it wouldn't be a "tell all" but a series of vignettes about the special moments in her life. She said everyone already knows about her drug abuse and addictions, so she wouldn't put anything about that in there, and she was disappointed that the Wilson sisters did - although she said she didn't hate them or anything, she just wasn't happy about it.

Note: I wish she would talk about overcoming her addictions - not to hear the dirt, but because I think that could help people who are trapped in addiction to hear about her recovery. But hey, it's her life.

Another question: Would she consider doing R&B? She said she had already collaborated with Babyface and she would consider it.

Another question: Would she consider doing an acoustic tour playing rarities? To my astonishment, she said yes, because she wanted to do the songs she'd never had a chance to do live - that it makes her sad to think of all the beautiful songs she's written that no one's gotten to hear live. She said it might be something to do when she stops doing big tours and tones it down. She then - to our delight - sang impromptu snippets of "Belladonna", "The Wild Heart", and "Rock a Little." OH MY FREAKING GOSH, she has NEVER done those live in any form before! Thinking of her making those part of an acoustic tour of songs that hadn't been performed live before almost made my head explode! AWESOMENESS!!!

That was about it. Time to head over to the theater for the premiere! Once again, we had to wait in line, and once again we weren't at the front, but since it was just a movie theater and not a concert venue, it wasn't a problem. What was a problem was that it started to rain on us - hard - but I had had the foresight to bring a raincoat. My poor friends just got wet.

Stevie was in the theater with us, in the back. I wish we'd have gotten to sit near her but then again, what would be doing, just staring at her instead of the screen, lol.

The movie consisted of her going song-by-song for her album In Your Dreams, talking about what inspired each song and the process of writing and recording them. It gave me such insight into how she works. She gets a reputation for writing really unstructured ramblings and having producers make them into viable songs. However, as I saw her talk about her vision for songs and the way she wanted them to sound, I realized she has a lot more going on with the production side than she gets credit for.

They filmed a lot of "fantasy" type sequences with Stevie dressed in gorgeous clothes to do mini-video segments for the songs. The one for "Italian Summer" was especially wonderful, with her in a beautiful flowing red gown, standing on her balcony over the Hollywood Hills, singing this magnificent song about a romantic summer in Italy. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

For one song, "Secret Love," Stevie couldn't find her old demo for it to give to Dave Stewart so they got it OFF OF YOUTUBE (Stevie's demos have been circulating amongst the fan community for years and she's complained about it before as well as complained about them being uploaded to YouTube, so I find this irony to be absolutely delicious.)

Dave Stewart even filmed his computer playing the YouTube video, so we know the exact one. This is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OltUuI0kv38

To be frank, though, I think only hardcores would be interested in this movie. There wasn't hardly anything about her music before the In Your Dreams album - there were a few very brief clips when she referenced the seventies in connection with what she's doing now, but that was it. You basically already had to know the Story of Stevie going in to get a lot of the context. We all knew it, but a regular audience wouldn't.

More Lindsey-dissing took place as she emphasized how much better Dave Stewart was to work with than Lindsey because Dave let her do whatever she wanted and Lindsey was always trying to tell her what to do. They even showed a clip from a Fleetwood Mac documentary made back in 2003 where Lindsey tried to make a suggestion about her lyrics and she shot him down with "Would you say that to Bob Dylan?" C'mon Stevie, give the man a break, he was just trying to help!

I thought briefly about how very, very different the Mac dynamic is than that of the Eagles, when Glenn and Don seem to have pretty much free reign in tweaking the songs of the others.

At the end, she gave another brief Q&A, both those questions were lame because one guy kept going on and on with something that wasn't really a question but rather him talking about how much her music meant to him, which is nice and all, but other folks want to ask real questions! Instead of being moved by how her music had helped him, I was like "Either ask her a question or give someone else the microphone! We've ALL had our lives made better by Stevie's music, that's why we're freaking here!"

Afterwards, we went back to LaGuardia and flew out the next morning (Monday) at 6:00 am, and I actually summoned the energy somehow to go back to work that same day. I've made it a priority not to miss any work for my trips, so that when I do have to miss a day out of necessity, it will be a rarity and thus acceptable.

One more thing: I heard about how swanky and special the Hamptons were, but while the place was pretty, I really didn't see why it was supposed to be such a mecca. I guess the appeal is more that you're surrounded by rich people than that the beach or the area is all that great.

Thus ended my adventures!

And if you'd like to watch the beautiful and magnificent Stevie Nicks' Q&A yourself, the Film Festival has put it online!

http://vimeo.com/50972516

10-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Stevie apologising merely highlights the difference between her and Nicki - one is a gracious professional who has learnt from her life's experiences and earnt her success, and the other is... NOT.

Seriously! :thumbsup:

And Soda :applause: for your summary. Sounds like a weekend to Stevie mecca for her hardcores. :rockon: Stevie!

WalshFan88
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice review Soda. Sounds like a fun time!!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
thanks soda for the great stevie review:yay::yay:

Topkat
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Soda, Thanks for giving us the review of the Stevie interview & the link...I just watched the first half of it. I thought this interviewer was really dull, & the interview was really slow moving, but when she was talking about Lindsey, I just got pissed off & I will watch the rest of it another time.

Once again, I thing her interpretation of Lindsey's feelings about her these days was her own delusion, but that's my opinion....what do I know?? Last time I saw Lindsey in an interview, seems like he is madly in love with his wife & has 2 children. Is that correct??
Her dissing him, talking about him being controlling?, whatever. I imagine it's so hard to live in a relationship & work together that it probably causes a lot of arguments about the work, that also affect the romance....I see her also as being a bit controlling as well.

I remember when I was a kid, my friends sister had the Buckingham/ Nicks album that we listened to, but I don't recall much about it. I only remember them really from Fleetwood Mac.

I think sometimes Stevie is a bit full of herself. Maybe that's just my interpretation of her, but sometimes she's just not too likable. Just MHO I hope she didn't mention Joe this time...Ugh, I've heard enough about that story.

As for the Hamptons, I'm not sure which town you were in, but some parts are nicer than others. I think the big deal about it is the huge houses on the beach in East Hampton..It's a bit snobby out there from what I know of it. I took a summer share there in the 80's & I wasn't really lovin' it that much, but I guess if your staying at Billy Joel's house, it may be better! LOL What town were you in?

TimothyBFan
10-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the excellent review!! What an experience for a true Stevie fan like yourself! I love how you said "Stevie is Stevie". :hilarious: That's what I love about her---she says it how she feels!! More power to her for staying true to herself! I have nothing but respect for her and people like that. :thumbsup:

Brooke
10-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Soda, I finally got time to read your review and it sounds like you and your friends were definitely in Stevie heaven!

Thanks for sharing it with us! :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stevie-nicks-headlines-elton-johns-aids-foundation-gala-in-new-york-20121016

Lovely photo of Stevie with Elton & David! :angel:

sodascouts
10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Glad you enjoyed my review, guys!

FP - love it!

Once again, I thing her interpretation of Lindsey's feelings about her these days was her own delusion, but that's my opinion....what do I know?? Last time I saw Lindsey in an interview, seems like he is madly in love with his wife & has 2 children. Is that correct??
Her dissing him, talking about him being controlling?, whatever. I imagine it's so hard to live in a relationship & work together that it probably causes a lot of arguments about the work, that also affect the romance....I see her also as being a bit controlling as well.

[....]

I think sometimes Stevie is a bit full of herself. Maybe that's just my interpretation of her, but sometimes she's just not too likable.

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I think Stevie might know a bit more about how Lindsey feels than you or I do! I don't see any reason not to believe her, especially since Lindsey corroborates that they still have a connection. Now, as far as Lindsey being in love with his wife - I'm sure he is. He can have different types of feelings for the two women.

Just MHO I hope she didn't mention Joe this time...Ugh, I've heard enough about that story.

We all have, Joe included. I think she got the memo. She's back to talking about Lindsey as the love of her life again.

As for the Hamptons, I'm not sure which town you were in, but some parts are nicer than others. I think the big deal about it is the huge houses on the beach in East Hampton..It's a bit snobby out there from what I know of it. I took a summer share there in the 80's & I wasn't really lovin' it that much, but I guess if your staying at Billy Joel's house, it may be better! LOL What town were you in?

Sag Harbor. It was nice, but nothing to write home about!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Pic from Sundance...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/sundance/stevie.jpg

sodascouts
01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Some videos of Stevie performing with Dave Grohl at Sundance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFFe9C7yUOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDpA0CVPXtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_MTELLgOE

Topkat
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks so much for posting those! Yes, Stevie was really good. Wish the sound was a little louder, but nice video!!
That looked like a fantastic show.:rockon:

TimothyBFan
01-21-2013, 09:15 AM
These are a win/win for someone like me--- I love both Stevie and David. :yay:

Brooke
02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Watch out for Stevie on tv!

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/First-Look-at-Season-3-of-Oprahs-Master-Class-Video

zeldabjr
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Watch out for Stevie on tv!

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/First-Look-at-Season-3-of-Oprahs-Master-Class-Video

will definitely watch this!!

Brooke
02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
To air March 3rd!

sodascouts
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I can't wait to see it!

GlennLover
02-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Couldn't watch the video as it says that it's not available in my country, but I did see the ad for the show tonight when I was watching the OWN.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
hey guys stevie is on david letterman tonight with dave grohl

zeldabjr
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
thanks tt for the heads up...will definitely watch!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-14-2013, 10:31 PM
your welcome.....should be good

sodascouts
03-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Stevie's going to be at the SXSW. Wish I could go!

http://sxsw.com/music/news/stevie-nicks-speak-sxsw-music?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SXSWnews+%28SXSW+News%29

Outlawman13
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
That would be so amazing to see her. I've always enjoyed her music and of course Fleetwood Mac

sodascouts
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
A friend of mine wanted me to go with her but I have commitments at work. It's a shame because she's going to be performing her new song "You Can't Fix This" with Dave Grohl and I'd really like to hear it.

Topkat
03-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I think Stevie & Dave were on Letterman last night. I was watching it & I fell asleep before they came on...I think it was a rerun from about 2 weeks ago to. That makes twice that I missed it, but the first time I didn't know about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iPCK-HjaDQ

sodascouts
03-02-2013, 06:48 PM
They were but it's a re-run of her appearance a couple weeks ago. Still, thanks for posting it - I can't get enough of it!

Topkat
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Love the song! Great performance!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm kind of torn about the song - the music rocks but the lyrics seem trite and repetitive. Still, love her and love that she's still being creative.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Nanacy you saw the movie she was in right?
did you like it ?

sodascouts
03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I think hardcores will love it but it might bore those who aren't already big fans.

As for me, though, I loved it!

03-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Too bad you can't go to that conference, Soda. Maybe you can figure out a way to make it. :pray: :pray:

sodascouts
03-03-2013, 07:33 PM
No - I'm reading a piece of my poetry that night, along with several others from the university presenting their work.

ETA: Wait, that's the date of the rehearsal, not the actual reading. Hmmm... No, faculty meeting the next day. Darn it!

Brooke
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Stevie was at SXSW in Austin!

http://schedule.sxsw.com/2013/events/event_FS14299

She looks gorgeous!

Who would ever have to ask Stevie what she does?! I guess someone that lives under a rock? :hilarious:

Outlawman13
03-15-2013, 01:13 PM
LOL!!! Stevie always looks gorgeous. I wish I were there at that concert. Work is dragging me down man!!! LOL.

sodascouts
03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I wanted to be there bad but work wouldn't allow it, dang it! :( :( :(

sodascouts
03-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Stevie's going to be on Oprah Winfrey's Master Class show March 24 at 10:00 Eastern/9:00 Central. Check out a preview:

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/First-Look-Oprahs-Master-Class-with-Stevie-Nicks-Video

It looks like it's going to be fascinating - and Stevie, of course, looks gorgeous.

Topkat
03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
I will be watching it!

Outlawman13
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
That will be so awesome to see it. I will be recording this for sure.

prayfordaylight
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Stevie's going to be on Oprah Winfrey's Master Class show March 24 at 10:00 Eastern/9:00 Central. Check out a preview:

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/First-Look-Oprahs-Master-Class-with-Stevie-Nicks-Video

It looks like it's going to be fascinating - and Stevie, of course, looks gorgeous.

Thanks for the reminder! Set my DVR last night. Just wish I had OWN in HD.

Brooke
03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Making myself a note right now!

Brooke
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
I was just roaming around on Amazon and trying to think of something to buy to use the rest of my rewards points and I found a new documentary about Stevie available for preorder called "Through the Looking Glass".

Is this new and different from her "In Your Dreams" one that she did at SXSW?

I hadn't heard of it, but maybe I missed it in here.

sodascouts
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
It's not the same. It seems to be an unofficial amateur effort. It might have some good stuff, but buyer beware. It's probably like that British Eagles documentary.

Brooke
03-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Ah ha! Thanks Soda! I knew you would know!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Stevie Addresses Lindsey Breakup in a New Interview. Or so the headline says. Short short version of the interview with Oprah

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-lindsey-buckingham-breakup/

Topkat
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Ok, I watched this interview, & first I would not call it an interview because you did not see Oprah asking any questions; it was just Stevie talking about her life.
It mostly focused on her as a child & how she started writing music & then how she & Lindsay met in SF at I think she said age 15. Then that they fell in love & went to LA together, & she worked as a waitress & they made the Buckingham Nicks album & then were invited to join Fleetwood Mac.

Then with the success of FM came the drug use & the addiction, the break up. She said her best friend had a baby & died & soon after she married the friends husband, but that only lasted 3 months. She thought at that time, it was what she should do to take care of her friends baby..( this is something I didn't know about her) ......Seems she left out a lot of stuff because suddenly it was the mid 1980's & she went to Betty Ford rehab. Now, I think I missed the last 10 minutes or so because I think I dozed off during a commercial & then when I woke up it was over, so I did miss the end.
I did learn some stuff about her, but seems she glossed over a lot of stuff. I don't think she mentioned either Joe or Don, but that could be part of what I missed. If it is on again, I will have to watch the end, so not to miss it.
Sorry for this short version, but I am at work right now & have to get back to it!

Brooke
03-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Dang, I completely forgot about it! Where did my note to myself go? :headscratch:

Thanks for the info Tk. I must try to catch it if it's on again.

Outlawman13
03-25-2013, 02:16 PM
I can't wait 'til this comes on again. I thought for sure I had the OWN. Thank for that review TK. Now I really want to see it!!!!!

sodascouts
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping it will be posted online in its entirety soon.

Topkat
03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
OK, I did see get to see the rest of it online...
There was one thing she said that really bothered me & upset me very much. When she was taking all that Klonopin & she told her friend to take everything that she was taking & see how he felt...was so stupid. She could have really killed that guy! You don't give psych meds to someone who doesn't need them, & she had built up to taking that amount of drugs. She was laughing when she spoke about it too...I thought that was really messed up....If I were her, I would not have mentioned that little episode!
I guess I wasn't too surprised that she didn't mention Don or Joe in this.
It was worth watching though. Enjoyed learning about her early days!

EagleLady
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
OK, I did see get to see the rest of it online...
There was one thing she said that really bothered me & upset me very much. When she was taking all that Klonopin & she told her friend to take everything that she was taking & see how he felt...was so stupid. She could have really killed that guy! You don't give psych meds to someone who doesn't need them, & she had built up to taking that amount of drugs. She was laughing when she spoke about it too...I thought that was really messed up....If I were her, I would not have mentioned that little episode!
I guess I wasn't too surprised that she didn't mention Don or Joe in this.
It was worth watching though. Enjoyed learning about her early days!

Well to stick up for her a bit, She probably didn't realize how dangerous it was due to her being on the stuff at the time, Just my thoughts though!

Topkat
03-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Well to stick up for her a bit, She probably didn't realize how dangerous it was due to her being on the stuff at the time, Just my thoughts though!

Well, I think she did because why would she have him take all the drugs? because she knew how messed up she was & wanted to see if he would get as messed up? I don't know....That guy was an idiot for going along with it anyway.
I just didn't like the fact that she was laughing about it when telling the story. Seriously, that guy could have died. It wasn't funny.

sodascouts
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
You're right, that was a folly of huge proportions and I wish she realized it, but she is obviously still ignorant about how dangerous what they did was.

She does briefly mention dating Don here:

http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/Stevie-Nicks-and-Lindsey-Buckingham-Their-Break-Up-Video

Topkat
03-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Holy Cow, How did I miss that line, Yes she does say she dated Henley. Is there any interview where either she or Don talk about their relationship? I really wonder about that relationship....how they got along???? I don't really see them as a couple. I think she made a great couple with Lindsay, but with Don, I just don't see it. I see Don as very serious...I even see her more with Joe than I do with Don. To me they just seem very opposite & I don't even see any chemistry there?? But WTH do I know, they were a couple for awhile.

sodascouts
04-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Topkat, check out this thread in the Don forum for more on his relationship with Stevie: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279

I finally watched the show. It was much more interesting than I thought it would be. She is so amazing!

I got these screen shots not from that, though, but from the very tail end of The History of the Eagles, Part 2:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/dissertationblues/eaglesdocpart2/HotEP2-174.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/dissertationblues/eaglesdocpart2/HotEP2-175.jpg

TimothyBFan
06-12-2013, 06:08 PM
This just popped up on my FB News Feed. I'd date her--- just saying!!! :lol:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-hard-to-meet-guys/

Topkat
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I know, I saw that on FB too!!! If she can't get a date, what hope is there for the rest of us!!! LOL

Brooke
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Oh the trials of the rich and famous!

sodascouts
06-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Luckily the mega-awesomeness of the rest of her life makes up for the lack of boyfriend. ;)

Topkat
08-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Stevie to appear on Crossroads on Sept 13th with Lady Antebellum

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-lady-antebellum-crossroads/

MaryCalifornia
08-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm sure Stevie's Behind the Music is addressed somewhere in this thread, but I have to say it is one of the most moving, emotional productions I have ever seen. I watched it over and over and got tears in my eyes every time. My husband was deployed to Japan at the time, and I was across the country from my family, and I would sit with my two new kittens and watch it. Haven't seen it for about 15 years, though. I have tried to find it online but haven't been successful. I love her.

Victim of Love
08-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Has anyone else been seeing the promo spots on TV for the new fall show "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."? The music they're using is Stevie singing Soldiers Angel. Wonder if it's going to be their theme song or if it's just for the promo.

sodascouts
08-23-2013, 10:08 PM
So cool - and even better if it turns out to be the theme song - but I don't know if it will be.

Victim of Love
08-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I've been meaning to put the post up for days but was never close to the computer when I saw the promo. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the ABC schedule for this fall. Hadn't thought I'd care to watch but think I'll tune in for the premier night.

sodascouts
08-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Here's a video of the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aneyhTSDM4&feature=share

Topkat
09-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I think Stevie is on Crossroads tomorrow night with Lady Antebellum
Can anyone confirm the date?

WalshFan88
09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see. Some of these Crossroads were awesome, some make me shake my head.

That said, it's always great to see Stevie! :heart:

sodascouts
09-12-2013, 08:35 PM
cant' wait to see it!

In the meantime, Stevie gave this interview today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWSUFy5IkY

She looks great! I want that top!

cheryl
09-12-2013, 08:53 PM
You can watch "Rhiannon" now on cmt.com. I found it late last night. I have seen LadyA in person and they are frustrated rock singers. They do several in their live show. I will be watching Friday.

WalshFan88
09-12-2013, 09:23 PM
cant' wait to see it!

In the meantime, Stevie gave this interview today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWSUFy5IkY

She looks great! I want that top!

Awesome interview and I agree - she does look great.

That said, I still think that show name is not exactly a good one, LOL. I mean here we have The View, it's at least a somewhat better name for a female talkshow. I remember she was on the program before and we discussed the name.

Topkat
09-12-2013, 10:02 PM
It's on 10pm on CMT tomorrow night. Just saw the commercial:partytime:

Victim of Love
09-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Have to work tonight until 10:30 so I've got my TIVO set to record this. Will watch it when I get home.

Topkat
09-14-2013, 08:55 AM
The show was repeated again at 11pm....I do hope some of you got to see this because the show was fantastic...they sounded great together.

I'm not that familar with Lady Antebellum. I only knew that one song, Need You Now, which was so over played at the time that I got totally sick of it, but hearing it again last night, it sounded so good. Stevie really harmonized well with them.

The interview parts were also pretty interesting. She said that she had a dream, that she had a fight with Lindsay & went off to join Lady Antebellum.

Stevie also mentioned something else I didn't know & was a bit surprised by & that was that when she did "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" with Tom Petty, she went to see Tom's producer, Jimmy Iovine in NY. He told her she would be crazy not to do that song & he was right on that one....also in 2 weeks they were living together! (I mean with Jimmy, not Tom ) I didn't know that! Stevie sure got around!

Songs they did included: Edge of Seventeen, Love Don't Live Here No More, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, Rhiannon, Landslide, Golden, Need You Now...
Overall a really great show!

WalshFan88
09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
It's online now. It's amazing!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossroads-stevie-nicks-and-lady-antebellum-full-episode/1713848/full-episode.jhtml

sodascouts
09-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Absolutely fantastic! I watched it twice in a row!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-14-2013, 08:49 PM
It's online now. It's amazing!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossroads-stevie-nicks-and-lady-antebellum-full-episode/1713848/full-episode.jhtml
Omg I just watched it and it was fantanstic,
thanks austin,,,,u the man

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2013, 09:21 AM
ya do know that there is a joe walsh cross roads too?? right??

Prettymaid
09-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the link Austin. Looking forward to watching it when I have more time.

WalshFan88
11-14-2013, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UD0c58nNCQ

I love this song. I'm a huge Tom Petty fan along with Stevie and this duo is so great.

I just got Bella Donna the other day on vinyl. Man that album is KILLER. Edge, Stand Back, Leather & Lace, Stop Draggin', etc.

Brooke
11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes, I love it too!

Great video!

Looks like she's going to be on tv soon:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/12/stevie-nicks-american-horror-story-coven/

I'm not much in to this kind of show, but I might have to watch to see Stevie!

prayfordaylight
11-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I haven't watched AHS in the past but I was intrigued by this season (partially because of the Stevie thing) and I have been LOVING it. So excited for her cameo!

sodascouts
11-14-2013, 08:30 PM
I got confused and thought she would be on last night, so I watched it and I have to say it grossed me out. I just am not good with the blood and gore of this genre.

That said, it was cool to hear Leather and Lace, even though it played as her Frankenboyfriend went nuts and he wound up breaking the 8-track right after Don sang "Could you ever love a man like me". :(

Turns out Stevie won't be on for a couple more months. I'll tune back in then.

Brooke
11-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I got confused and thought she would be on last night, so I watched it and I have to say it grossed me out. I just am not good with the blood and gore of this genre.

That said, it was cool to hear Leather and Lace, even though it played as her Frankenboyfriend went nuts and he wound up breaking the 8-track right after Don sang "Could you ever love a man like me". :(

Turns out Stevie won't be on for a couple more months. I'll tune back in then.

I'm not good with that either, Soda! Thanks for the heads up about it. I will tune in later too!

MaryCalifornia
12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Here you go...Stevie officiates a wedding.

(No, I don't read Dlisted.)

(OK, I do, he is AWFUL but makes me laugh out loud. I do not recommend it. For anyone.)

http://dlisted.com/2013/12/29/todays-definition-of-random-stevie-nicks-officiated-vanessa-carltons-wedding/

luna65
12-30-2013, 02:00 AM
To preface this comment, I'll note that I've been referring to Stevie as "my fairy godmother" for much of my life.

What I love about that pic is that you can see how tiny My Fairy Godmother really is! :D

sodascouts
12-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Gosh, can you imagine?!!!!! Is there anything this woman can't do?!!!

Brooke
12-30-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't think there is, Soda! Too funny!

prayfordaylight
01-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Just an update that Stevie's appearance on AHS is this Wednesday night at 10PM ET.

sodascouts
01-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I've gotta set my DVR!

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Well, I wish there had been more Stevie and less violence, but Stevie's no actress and this is called American Horror Story, after all! So, I'll just say that it's just cool that they featured her, and I like that they have the Supreme be a huge Stevie Nicks fan.

ETA: Some of my Stevie peeps on Facebook posted she might be back for the finale. Guess I'll have to DVR it!

Brooke
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I watched long enough to see Stevie at the piano singing Rhiannon and then had to quit watching. I sure hope she isn't a believer.....

Not my cup of tea, although I did enjoy seeing her.

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
She's not. She's made it very clear that she's not a witch in interviews promoting this.

You missed a very cool rendition of "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You" at the end, but I understand why you quit watching before then. I had to look away a lot, and I had a nightmare last night related to the show. I'm such a horror wimp!

Despite all of the above, I'll be watching the finale in a few weeks because I hear she's appearing again. I will suffer for the love. ;)

MaryCalifornia
01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Here's an article about it from Gawker along with some video clips.

http://gawker.com/heres-stevie-nicks-cameo-on-american-horror-story-co-1497821749

Brooke
01-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Haha! Soda, I'm a horror wimp too! I won't watch them! :hand:

MC, thanks for that! I was glad to get to see Stevie sing HAEWAFY! Lovely!

secret squirrel
01-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Stevie interview here, courtesy of UCR:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-video-interview-dave-grohl/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/

sodascouts
01-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks for that. I'm so sad that Stevie's depressed about how her album did. I hope she knows that even if it wasn't huge on Billboard, there are many, many fans who were touched by her songs, and whose lives were made better by her efforts.

NEVER CHANGE, STEVIE. NEVER STOP.

Remember guys, she is on American Horror Story for a second appearance on January 29!

sodascouts
01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Tonight's the night - if you can stomach American Horror Story, Stevie is going to be on it.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Just dropped into my inbox...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-nicks-creativity-artwork/

02-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm sure the world would love for Stevie to share her drawings.

sodascouts
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
She's already released some art on her albums, T-shirts, and posters. They're lovely, just like Stevie!

Shadowland07
02-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Well went to Indy CD & Vinyl today to observe (project for my English class at Ball State) and found a copy of Buckingham Nicks on vinyl for $40!!!

prayfordaylight
02-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Well went to Indy CD & Vinyl today to observe (project for my English class at Ball State) and found a copy of Buckingham Nicks on vinyl for $40!!!

Congrats! Finding an affordable copy of BN is always an accomplishment.

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 07:56 PM
I paid more than that for mine. Great find!

WalshFan88
03-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I saw this pic today and it's the first time I've seen it.

http://i57.tinypic.com/bhn800.jpg

:inlove:

sodascouts
03-19-2014, 11:17 PM
I love that pic! She's so beautiful, even when she's being playful!

prayfordaylight
03-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Love it! Thanks Austin

WalshFan88
03-20-2014, 08:11 AM
I love that pic! She's so beautiful, even when she's being playful!

Agreed! Maybe even moreso, if such a thing is possible! :hilarious:

Brooke
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Just saw an advertisement for the ACM Awards and Stevie is supposed to be there. I didn't catch if she was performing or presenting.

Sunday evening, April 6th. Usually around 7 pm central.

prayfordaylight
03-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Just saw an advertisement for the ACM Awards and Stevie is supposed to be there. I didn't catch if she was performing or presenting.

Sunday evening, April 6th. Usually around 7 pm central.

She's performing with Lady Antebellum I believe.

sodascouts
03-25-2014, 11:04 PM
I'll have to set my alarm!

Houston Baby
04-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Just got a heads up from a friend -

Stevie will be the musical guest on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon this Wednesday, April 9th. She will be performing with her long time guitarist Waddy Wachtel and the Amazing Roots.

:headbang:

shunlvswx
04-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I heard she will be being tribute to Linda at the HOF ceremony next week.

I need to find the article on that. I heard it on the radio this week too.

Freypower
04-04-2014, 05:22 PM
It is mentioned here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-hall-induction-2014-inside-the-fights-performances-kiss-wrath-20140404

sodascouts
04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I'll be recording it for sure!

deb828
04-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Recently got the In Your Dreams CD. I have read most of the Stevie posts, but am now confused about the dedication of this album to "Sara" and the accompanying picture. I apologize if I did not see this discussed, but I am sure that someone here knows who this Sara is. This is someone different from the unborn baby? Thanks!

sodascouts
04-06-2014, 07:03 PM
That Sara was a fan who died from cancer. Read more here:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/stevie-nicks-dedicates-new-album-to-tragic-fan_1216187

sodascouts
04-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Oh, and don't forget that Stevie is appearing on the ACM Awards show tonight!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-06-2014, 07:14 PM
thanks soda:headbang:

deb828
04-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks Soda! I knew you would know.

WalshFan88
04-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Stevie killed it on Rhiannon! And the new song is cool too.

sodascouts
04-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Loved it! Now to see if I can spot her in the audience, lol.

PS My luck is awful - a weather alert started scrolling across the screen almost as soon as "Rhiannon" started! This also happened when Joe performed on the Grammy Beatles tribute (except then, they were scrolling pretty much during the whole show)! I'm cursed!

Houston Baby
04-06-2014, 10:10 PM
PS My luck is awful - a weather alert started scrolling across the screen almost as soon as "Rhiannon" started! This also happened when Joe performed on the Grammy Beatles tribute (except then, they were scrolling pretty much during the whole show)!

:cuss: I hate when that happens!

DJ
04-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Just saw Stevie on the ACM awards, my daughter said, wow she's gorgeous! I said yes she is.

sodascouts
04-06-2014, 10:48 PM
A couple of years ago while visiting the parents in Houston, I was watching a live Stevie appearance on some show (I think a late-night talk show) and my Dad came in and asked how old she was. When I said she was only six years younger than he was, he said, "No, I mean, how old was she when she was on this show?" "Dad, it's live." He didn't believe me!

tjh532
04-07-2014, 02:55 PM
For those of you who missed it, here is Stevie with Lady Antebellum singing Rhiannon at the ACM awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pA-tGiCN5g

And I don't know if it has already been discussed, but Stevie did a CMT Crossroads show with Lady A, and you can find some of the clips from that on YouTube as well.

They sound great together, and their ACM performance is getting rave reviews!

sodascouts
04-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the link!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I loved what stevie said on the crossroads show about things would have been different she didn't feel like she could be a band member and a mother not like Hillary with the baby now (paraphrasing )

Brooke
04-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Stevie will be on the Tonight Show with Jimmie Fallon tonight!

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show

Houston Baby
04-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Stevie was MARVELOUS on Jimmy Fallon last night! Loved her and Tom Petty aka Jimmy F. doing "Stop Dragging My Heart Around". What a hoot! Stevie also sang "Edge of Seventeen". And for me, it is always great to see Waddy with her.
I can't wait to hear what she sings at the R&R HOF tonight. :headbang:

Brooke
04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
OMG, just watched "Stop Dragging My Heart Around"! I couldn't keep from laughing....her hair!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=861681

I recorded the show and can't wait to see the rest!

WalshFan88
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
HAHAHA! Love it.

sodascouts
05-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Happy birthday to Stevie Nicks! And guess what guys, she has a new album coming out in a few months!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6084948/stevie-nicks-solo-album-24-karat-gold-title-release-details

Houston Baby
05-27-2014, 11:44 PM
EXCITING news!!!

WalshFan88
05-28-2014, 12:00 AM
So excited!

Can't wait to see her in up close for the first time in October with FM!!!

Brooke
05-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Great news from Stevie! :yay:

shunlvswx
05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
I don't know if this was posted, but I found this on Youtube. Stevie did an episode of Oprah's Master Class in 2013 which I didn't know she was on that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUDxFfkkSU

ktdids
05-29-2014, 08:26 PM
There's a photo history of Stevie's career on Rolling Stone online. Its about 20 pictures that highlight her musical history supposedly. I can't see them all on my phone right now.

sodascouts
05-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I saw that. She's so gorgeous!

deb828
05-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Very exciting indeed!

shunlvswx
05-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Here's the link from Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/stevie-nicks-life-in-photos-20140526

DJ
06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/d6/a9/5bd6a9200e2b4a81a3b1836d4eb6e8b0.jpg

OUR LITTLE MAJORETTE!!!

Brooke
06-04-2014, 10:35 AM
What a cute pic of her!

DJ
06-16-2014, 03:03 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/27/a4/d9/27a4d9ba51a38fea6f9ba005bcd4f053.jpg

I love this picture of Stevie and Lindsey, so young!

Brooke
06-16-2014, 03:15 PM
So cute!

Every time I see this video of The Band Perry, the girl (Kimberly Perry) reminds me of young Stevie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ULNxbDDdY

sodascouts
06-16-2014, 06:03 PM
I can see it!

MaryCalifornia
07-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Stevie will be on The Voice this season:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/showbiz/tv/stevie-nicks-the-voice-mentor/

sodascouts
07-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks like I've got a new show to add to my DVR!

Houston Baby
07-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Exciting news!

WalshFan88
07-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Cool!

Houston Baby
07-21-2014, 02:26 PM
The djs on the radio this morning were talking about Adam Levine's wedding this past weekend. They said that Stevie Nicks performed at the reception. How cool would that be to have Stevie sing at your reception! :partytime:

sodascouts
07-21-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm green with envy! I hear she dueted with him on "Leather and Lace."

sodascouts
08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Pre-order Stevie's new album starting today, guys!

http://rockalittle.com/24k/index.html

Tiffanny Twisted
08-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I already I tuned the one so available to purchase
Yipee

Houston Baby
08-29-2014, 08:52 PM
I love this quote from Stevie in this week's edition of Rolling Stone in which she is talking about her new album.....

' "Lindsey will love it," she says. "Half the songs are about him!" '

Tiffanny Twisted
08-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Agreeed I love that quote

Brooke
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
I love this quote from Stevie in this week's edition of Rolling Stone in which she is talking about her new album.....

' "Lindsey will love it," she says. "Half the songs are about him!" '

That sounds interesting! Gives new meaning to listening to her album!

sodascouts
09-03-2014, 09:45 PM
She's been leaking snippets on social media and put two of the songs on YouTube already. I never thought I'd see the day Stevie Nicks would be rockin' a social media campaign like a pro, but she is. I say YOU GO, GIRL! MORE POWER TO THE QUEEN!!!

Here are the two songs that she's leaked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkMmlHNvlR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNilJFAEBM

WalshFan88
09-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Awesome!!

Houston Baby
09-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks Soda!!

Brooke
09-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Great! I really liked The Dealer especially!

Thanks Soda!

Houston Baby
09-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Just got the new issue of RS and there is a great Q&A with Stevie in it. Very interesting!

DJ
10-07-2014, 06:14 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/14/1e/e7/141ee7a37a7d83128da20c003256ff74.jpg
Gorgeous!!!!

Witchy Woman
10-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Saw this on Facebook. Thought I'd share

http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-stevie-nicks.html?mid=facebook_nymag

sodascouts
10-09-2014, 11:35 PM
I didn't know she had a new dog! How adorable!

Now guys, her new album is in stores now, so get out there and buy it!

http://www.amazon.com/24-Karat-Gold-Songs-Vault/dp/B00MGS1UNA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412912038&sr=8-1&keywords=stevie+nicks+24+karat+gold

And there is also an exhibit of Stevie self-portraits from the past 30 years opening in the Morrison Gallery today - she is so beautiful! Check them out:

https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/photographer/default.aspx?photographerID=164

sodascouts
10-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Some of the photos from the exhibit, as displayed on the Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/stevie-nicks-selfies_n_5902568.html):

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2113556/thumbs/o-NICKS-900.jpg?3

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2113776/thumbs/o-NICKS-900.jpg?1

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2113804/thumbs/o-NICKS-900.jpg?1

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2113840/thumbs/o-GROUP-900.jpg?1

Houston Baby
10-09-2014, 11:48 PM
One of my friends received an invitation to tonight's Morrison Gallery Stevie Nicks exhibit. He was emailing me today trying to figure out what to wear. It was funny listening to a guy worrying about being fashionable. He had already been trying on clothes for an hour. I can't wait to hear all about it and see some photos.

sodascouts
10-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Oh my gosh - your friend is so lucky! Stevie was there in person, but it was an invitation-only event!!

Brooke
10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Wow, HB! How cool! Be sure to let us know how it turned out!

Houston Baby
10-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I heard from my friend this morning & here is part of his email.......

"Well, that was really something. At 7:30, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood walked in to the gallery. Wow. There were two levels and we were on the lower, so Judy walked up and shot some photos. It was a mob scene. After the photo op Christine walked downstairs first, holding her little dog, surrounded by security. Then Mick and a little later Stevie. They were all ushered into a room in the back – looked like where the refreshments were kept – covered by a curtain, guarded by two very large men. Mick wandered out first; Judy approached with a copy of “The Dance” CD booklet. He signed, I shot photos.

A while later, Stevie came out surrounded by dozens of media, She walked around the perimeter where her photo enlargements were hung on walls - photo op. I gauged where she would walk to get back to the “backstage” room. She had two women and two men surrounding her. I squeezed out a spot for myself – on her right cause she signs righty – and I said, “Would you please sign this?” She replied, “I can’t stop now, but I’ll sign it before I leave” then disappeared behind the curtain. A half hour later she comes back out with at least four people around her. She stopped a couple times to talk to people she obviously knew, then turned to head to the door. I reached out and said, “Please?” Her handlers all said “no, no.” I said, “But she said she’d sign.” Stevie looked up at them and said, “He’s right, I said I’d sign.” And she did.

Mick looked good, very, very tall and dignified. Stevie wore sunglasses so it was hard to tell, but she looked good, too. They left at 9:00, so it was a rather nerve-wracking hour-and-a-half. We were the only ones in the crowd to get any autographs. Don’t know if they signed any “backstage.”

It was very crowded but really cool, wish you were there. More photos to follow."

Brooke
10-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Wow, how awesome! I doubt if I'd have had the nerve to ask for autographs! :cool:

DJ
10-10-2014, 04:43 PM
What a unique beauty!

Houston Baby
10-10-2014, 05:16 PM
I know Brooke, I wouldn't either. What is so sweet is he asked her to personalize it to me. I am so excited, I can't wait to get it!

prayfordaylight
10-11-2014, 10:38 AM
That's AWESOME HB!

sodascouts
10-11-2014, 12:58 PM
HB sent me some photos taken by her friend and said it's OK if I post them!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery01.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery03.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery04.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery05.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery06.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery07.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/StevieGallery09.jpg

Did I miss any, HB? Your emails indicated there were 9 photos, but I only received 7.

Thanks so much to your wonderful friend and to you!

Houston Baby
10-11-2014, 05:35 PM
No, 7 is all I sent. The other 2 are of my friend & his wife. Thank you for posting them Soda!

deb828
10-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Wow--these are terrific! Thanks for posting.

DJ
10-12-2014, 04:15 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/6b/10/d16b108de25946fb18650665b1cbfcd6.jpg
Such a cute picture of Stevie and Mick!

DJ
10-12-2014, 04:28 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/cb/47/1ccb47c46cae2c6a83b09c19c52a3c1f.jpg
Joe and Stevie.

Brooke
10-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Very cool photos, HB! Thanks for sharing them!

Brooke
11-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Stevie talked with Kathie Lee and Hoda on the Today Show Tuesday! Cute interview!

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/stevie-nicks-why-im-releasing-songs-you-dont-know-1D80266277

Wonder if they will end up going to the FM show? I bet they do!

deb828
11-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks for posting this. I missed it, and it was great to watch! Love the CD!

sodascouts
11-07-2014, 08:12 PM
She was on the Tonight show too, performing "Lady." Did anyone besides me catch it?

prayfordaylight
11-08-2014, 02:41 PM
She was on the Tonight show too, performing "Lady." Did anyone besides me catch it?

Nope. I watched it. She was fantastic.

Loved listening to her guest DJ show on iHeartRadio yesterday as well. Still giggling over the fact that she loves to blast "California Love" by 2pac in her dressing room right before she goes out on stage.

sodascouts
11-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Here it is if you missed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qANjCr_ebu4

Islander canuck
11-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Here is live performance of Rhiannon by Stevie and Lindsey in 1974. Love Stevie's intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHpcnHGYkM

deb828
01-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Stevie on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine today! The picture looks great and the article online is interesting. I have been unable to find a copy. Anyone else?

P.S. Here's the linkhttp://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stevie-nicks-looks-back-inside-rolling-stones-new-issue-20150114

Brooke
01-16-2015, 04:42 PM
I hope I can find it tomorrow!

sodascouts
01-18-2015, 11:38 PM
I haven't found it yet! I'm going to have to drive to the nearest Barnes And Noble, I guess, 30 min away. :(

Brooke
01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Still not found here. I tried Walmart and ShopKo Saturday and there were other issues there but none with Stevie. :sad:

deb828
01-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I share your frustration! I can't find it anywhere either. The last edition is still on the racks everywhere I look. I just ordered it from a seller on Amazon (with shipping), but at least I can stop looking!

So cool to have a woman rocker in her 60's on the cover of Rolling Stone!!
Love Stevie!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Nancy barnes and nobel
I got mine pm me if you want me to gwt one and mail to u

prayfordaylight
01-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Barnes and Noble was the only place I found it after trying several stores.

sodascouts
01-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Nancy barnes and nobel
I got mine pm me if you want me to gwt one and mail to u

Thank you for the sweet offer, but I went to Barnes and Noble and got a copy today. I appreciate it, though!

deb828
01-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Finally got one today and really enjoyed the article.

Brooke
01-24-2015, 05:11 PM
Found it today in Walmart! :yay:

sodascouts
01-24-2015, 07:03 PM
It's a great feature. I love it, but like many other fans, I was a bit surprised the rest of Fleetwood Mac weren't involved.

01-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Yep - That is strange. And shoot - I was out shopping today and I meant to look for issue, but totally forgot about it. :brickwall:

deb828
01-25-2015, 01:09 PM
It's a great feature. I love it, but like many other fans, I was a bit surprised the rest of Fleetwood Mac weren't involved.
Agree, and the writer made that a point in the article. Great for Stevie, tho!

Freypower
01-25-2015, 07:03 PM
But surely if it's a cover story on Stevie then she's the one who will be written about? She's had a huge career of her own as well as her Fleetwood Mac work.

sodascouts
01-25-2015, 09:08 PM
I don't think I was very clear in my earlier post. What I meant was that I'm surprised Fleetwood Mac wasn't on the cover! Fleetwood Mac is in the middle of an epic tour - their first with the Rumours lineup since 1998. If it were to promote Stevie's latest album, I could see why they would do it, but she barely mentions 24 Karat Gold. It's basically a "celebration of Stevie." Well-deserved of course - but the timing is still surprising. It seems like that could wait until Fleetwood Mac were through with their tour.

FP - I am aware that Stevie has had a successful solo career. :) Think of it this way: it would be like seeing a cover story focusing solely on Don Henley's solo career during the History of the Eagles tour.

Freypower
01-25-2015, 09:37 PM
I don't think I was very clear in my earlier post. What I meant was that I'm surprised Fleetwood Mac wasn't on the cover! Fleetwood Mac is in the middle of an epic tour - their first with the Rumours lineup since 1998. If it were to promote Stevie's latest album, I could see why they would do it, but she barely mentions 24 Karat Gold. It's basically a "celebration of Stevie." Well-deserved of course - but the timing is still surprising. It seems like that could wait until Fleetwood Mac were through with their tour.

FP - I am aware that Stevie has had a successful solo career. :) Think of it this way: it would be like seeing a cover story focusing solely on Don Henley's solo career during the History of the Eagles tour.

I just assumed that the timing was to coincide with the release of her new album which was why I mentioned her solo career. Usually cover story = new album, not tour. If it had to do with touring the Eagles would have made the cover a few more times since the LROOE cover. However I see what you are saying about the momentous reunion with Christine. I had forgotten about that (shame on me)! I haven't got the issue myself yet but I will in the next few weeks as I subscribe to the American edition of RS.