PDA

View Full Version : Glenn at Dock Street Theater, Charleston, SC on 11/13

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
This article says Glenn is doing an intimate concert in Charleston, SC at the Dock Street Theater. I can't find a reference to it anywhere else.

http://carolinaartsnews.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/gibbes-museum-of-art-in-charleston-sc-showcases-musicians-and-music-historians-in-art-and-fame-lecture-series/

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Another reference.

http://www.musicwithfriends.com/

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 01:51 PM
This one is also cocktails at 6pm, concert at 7:30!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Tickets are $550 each and you have to be a member.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for finding the links, VA! This and the Charlotte show seem to be a bit unusual.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 10:26 PM
The group that does these is a private group. They originated in Charlotte and it worked so they expanded to Charleston. What they do is get a group consensus each year on what artists they want to hear, then book them. They don't own the facilities, so they have to lease them (I assume). They have a big cocktail/dinner party before the concerts and they have to pay for that (the ticket includes those). Your membership to the group is just under $1500 and it gets you three concerts and you can buy tickets for others. I'm not totally certain how it works, but for people that have the money it sounds like a great deal.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Well, these are obviously people with great taste!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
When I talked to the lady on the phone and mentioned the other solo concerts this year, she had all kinds of questions. She said she couldn't wait to pass on my comments to their other members.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
wow this is so intresting and they get some awsome acts to see

sodascouts
09-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Just looking at these upcoming Glenn shows and wishing I could go to one of these fancy ones - but the ticket price is out of my league!

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
When I talked to the lady on the phone and mentioned the other solo concerts this year, she had all kinds of questions. She said she couldn't wait to pass on my comments to their other members.

I think she should reward you for all that info VA!

With a ticket for the event!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Ha-ha! I wish! It was tickets in the third row that she was offering, but she wanted $550 for them. On the day after the pump on the pool gave up the ghost. I should have just closed the pool for the season, it's been freezing cold ever since I spent the $$ on a new motor!

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Given the choice...... yep, I would have closed the pool too!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-29-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm still considering going to this one if I can get a 1st or 2nd row center seat. The gentleman I talked to is looking out for a ticket for me. I'm going to touch base with him this coming week to see if anything has dropped yet. I may not know until closer to the date though. We'll see how it goes.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Va..should have closed the pool....
concerts are top on my list of things to do. lol

VAisForEagleLovers
11-07-2012, 06:30 PM
A few quotes by Glenn about doing this type of show...

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20121107/CS/121109346/glenn-frey-of-the-eagles-sets-his-standards-high

sodascouts
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Starting with “For Sentimental Reasons” and “The Shadow of Your Smile,” Frey says, “People are possessed by these songs, and it affects me the same way. It places both the listener and me in a sentimental, melancholy place.”
When looking out at the audience, Frey said he sees people holding hands, then shoulders touching.
“These songs move people and everybody has a place where these songs unlock emotions,” Frey added.

This makes me feel like I need to bring a man to the shows. Too bad I don't have one!

Freypower
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
OK. Did you spot the news? They are releasing the documentary at the Sundance Film Festival in January.

I've suddenly realised that I saw the Dock Street Theatre on my visit to Charleston, and I have a postcard of it.

Bring on After Hours II (yes Glenn; more Randy Newman please. :hilarious:)

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm still considering going to this one if I can get a 1st or 2nd row center seat. The gentleman I talked to is looking out for a ticket for me. I'm going to touch base with him this coming week to see if anything has dropped yet. I may not know until closer to the date though. We'll see how it goes.

Had any luck Dreamer?

VAisForEagleLovers
11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
This makes me feel like I need to bring a man to the shows. Too bad I don't have one!

There's a lot reasons why it's too bad I don't have one! But, one thing I learned the hard way, settling for less than what's right for you in order to have someone in your life is the WRONG thing to do. Can really suck the best years you have right away from you. But that's a topic for another thread!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Had any luck Dreamer?

GA - I was only going to go if I could get a 1st or 2nd row seat, which I couldn't. Also, it would have been really hard to make the trip since I got a new project assigned to me a work with a pretty agressive deadline. So, as much as I'd love to go to this show, I'm going to have to pass on it. :sad:

Glennsallnighter
11-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Awwww. Pity! Still at least you have Saturday evening to look forward to!