PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Prettymaid
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Nice one, FP!

I did the crossword and three answers were Guitar, Eagle and Nancy!!

What was the title of the crossword...The Border? Lol

sad-cafe
06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
in dillons tonight to pick up some chicken the song was "The Heat is On"

hubby was singing the meat is on

TimothyBFan
06-13-2013, 06:39 AM

Sounds like your husband has a great sense of humor!! :hilarious:

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 08:34 AM

How funny! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-13-2013, 01:50 PM
:lol: Sounds like something my hubby would do! He's always singing!

sodascouts
06-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Nice one, FP!

I did the crossword and three answers were Guitar, Eagle and Nancy!!

I like that, lol!

sad-cafe, your hubby is funny!

As for me, I've been using a photo of Glenn in his 30s for my phone wallpaper. Amusingly, sometimes I get asked if that's a photo of my boyfriend. My answer: "I wish!" lol

(this probably doesn't quite fit in this thread but I'm not sure where else to put it)

Outlawman13
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I love that picture on your phone Nancy!!! So hot!!!

SC, your hubby is pretty cool saying that.

GEF, I think the Eagles are trying to tell you something today. LOL.

As for me, a guy named Randy wanted to buy some food, I took his order, and saw that his name was Randy. LOL. So when I was fixing his food all up, I heard Save The Last Dance for Me, and thinking of Randy's version. LOL getting haunted by the Eagles today (not like it's a bad thing of course). LOL.

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 06:05 PM
As for me, a guy named Randy wanted to buy some food, I took his order, and saw that his name was Randy. LOL. So when I was fixing his food all up, I heard Save The Last Dance for Me, and thinking of Randy's version. LOL getting haunted by the Eagles today (not like it's a bad thing of course). LOL.

NOT a bad thing AT ALL!! :thumbsup:

cbecrad
06-13-2013, 06:32 PM
I suppose this is the place to post this....just had to share..

My husband is a music teacher. He teaches private lessons (guitar, drums, piano) here at our house. We have a detached garage that's been converted into a studio. Anyway, he has these two students that have gotten together to start a band and they're performing somewhere sometime soon. My husband's been helping them with the songs they're gonna perform. One song they're gonna do is Seven Bridges Road :). He told me one of the guys knew the song but the other one had never heard it til yesterday. My husband decided to put the HOTE DVD in and played just the intro when the Eagles are singing that and the little interview parts. The guys loved it and the kid who never learned the song picked up the harmony right away.
So anyway, second part of the story lol...last night my husband went to a bar where another of his students was playing with a heavy metal band he's in. And these other two students also went. When the show was over, those two kids and my husband were standing in kind of the backstage hallway area and he told them to sing Seven Bridges Road so they did :). Then my husband said "it's just like on the DVD!" :grin:

Prettymaid
06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Sounds like your hubby is teaching them right! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-13-2013, 09:19 PM

My husband is a music teacher. He teaches private lessons (guitar, drums, piano) here at our house. We have a detached garage that's been converted into a studio. Anyway, he has these two students that have gotten together to start a band and they're performing somewhere sometime soon. My husband's been helping them with the songs they're gonna perform. One song they're gonna do is Seven Bridges Road :). He told me one of the guys knew the song but the other one had never heard it til yesterday. My husband decided to put the HOTE DVD in and played just the intro when the Eagles are singing that and the little interview parts. The guys loved it and the kid who never learned the song picked up the harmony right away.
So anyway, second part of the story lol...last night my husband went to a bar where another of his students was playing with a heavy metal band he's in. And these other two students also went. When the show was over, those two kids and my husband were standing in kind of the backstage hallway area and he told them to sing Seven Bridges Road so they did :). Then my husband said "it's just like on the DVD!" :grin:

Love it!

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM

What a cool way to get his students to learn & relate to the song!
Sounds like hubby is a great teacher!! :thumbsup:

cbecrad
06-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I thought it was pretty cool too :). Hubby is a great teacher and mentor. And he has some amazingly talented students.

zeldabjr
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I thought it was pretty cool too :). Hubby is a great teacher and mentor. And he has some amazingly talented students.

yes...sounds like hubby is great!!...great story!!!

Grey Sadler
06-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Sounds like your hubby is teaching them right! :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm just listening to an interview and they're talking about Toto IV with David Paich. The host mentioned 'I Won't Hold You Back' as a beautiful ballad and said that Timothy B. Schmit's harmonies are fantastic. He described Tim's vocals as a "soaring tenor that flies over the chorus". Thought some of you might like that! :)

zeldabjr
06-14-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm just listening to an interview and they're talking about Toto IV with David Paich. The host mentioned 'I Won't Hold You Back' as a beautiful ballad and said that Timothy B. Schmit's harmonies are fantastic. He described Tim's vocals as a "soaring tenor that flies over the chorus". Thought some of you might like that! :)

I love it...thanks!!

sad-cafe
06-15-2013, 03:37 PM

That song is one of my most favorite Toto songs. I LOVE the harmony

NYC Fan
06-15-2013, 05:31 PM
I saw the Bette Midler one woman show last night about Sue Mengers, the 70's über-agent. David Geffen was mentioned. Of course I thought of our guys. I must look up if she ever had any dealings with them. Not likely, as she was Hollywood, but you never know. Bette was fantastic. Shameful that she did not get a Tony nomination... But I always love these things that remind me of them :-)

Thirsty&Hot
06-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Never seen that before. Is it on youtube?

i'm not sure, but I rented it from Netflix

Thirsty&Hot
06-15-2013, 07:20 PM
As for me, I've been using a photo of Glenn in his 30s for my phone wallpaper. Amusingly, sometimes I get asked if that's a photo of my boyfriend. My answer: "I wish!" lol

(this probably doesn't quite fit in this thread but I'm not sure where else to put it)

hehe the same thing happens to me!

cbecrad
06-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Went out with hubby last night and decided to do some Karaoke. I sang Heartache Tonight...and must say I was quite proud of myself :). My husband said I was awesome, the best he's ever seen me do. Usually I'm nervous (even though I love to sing) but I seemed relaxed this time and I even got the crowd to clap along.

Prettymaid
06-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Went out with hubby last night and decided to do some Karaoke. I sang Heartache Tonight...and must say I was quite proud of myself :). My husband said I was awesome, the best he's ever seen me do. Usually I'm nervous (even though I love to sing) but I seemed relaxed this time and I even got the crowd to clap along.

That's great CC! I used to love to karaoke. The very first time I did it my knees were like jello - until I had sung two lines! Lol! Then I created a monster! A big ham! Lol!

Thirsty&Hot
06-17-2013, 02:07 AM
hehe awesome! I have to be drunk to do karaoke

Thirsty&Hot
06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
just got this in a fashion website email
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo22_zpsf88a4e92.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo22_zpsf88a4e92.jpg.html)

cbecrad
06-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Heehee. What's so funny about that song...WAY before I was a huge Eagles fan, and even before I knew who sang that song...I have memories of getting it stuck in my head whenever summer would roll around. Cause it would be so hot outside I could see the steam rising from the concrete. I would be like "ooh look at the heat on the street!" and sure enough I'd start singing that chorus lol. Little did I know I'd end up being such a big Glenn Frey fan :).

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 11:18 PM
It was history in the making CC! :thumbsup:

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 11:20 PM
I worked in a Sonic in the 80's.

The Heat is On= The "Meat" is on

Down at the Sunset Grill = Down at the "Sonic" Grill

cbecrad
06-17-2013, 11:22 PM
:hilarious::hilarious:
Cute :thumbsup:

Thirsty&Hot
06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Heehee. What's so funny about that song...WAY before I was a huge Eagles fan, and even before I knew who sang that song...I have memories of getting it stuck in my head whenever summer would roll around. Cause it would be so hot outside I could see the steam rising from the concrete. I would be like "ooh look at the heat on the street!" and sure enough I'd start singing that chorus lol. Little did I know I'd end up being such a big Glenn Frey fan :).

haha yes! me too
I actually only recently (since the documentary came out and I started immersing myself in Eagle history) realized that Glenn was the one who sang the Heat is On. Had heard it a ton, along with his Miami Vice tunes, but never connected the name with the song or the fact that he was in the Eagles.
you can read about my history with the Eagles (originally being in it soley for the music etc) in my introductory New Kid in Town post (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4133)

cbecrad
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
haha yes! me too
I actually only recently (since the documentary came out and I started immersing myself in Eagle history) realized that Glenn was the one who sang the Heat is On. Had heard it a ton, along with his Miami Vice tunes, but never connected the name with the song or the fact that he was in the Eagles.
you can read about my history with the Eagles (originally being in it soley for the music etc) in my introductory New Kid in Town post (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4133)

LOL Exactly! Same here. For some reason I never made the connection. Especially with Part of Me, Part of You. I had the Thelma & Louis Soundtrack and my friend and I would listen to it in the car back when we were in college and I LOVED that song. But I didn't realize it was the same guy from the Eagles.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
LOL Exactly! Same here. For some reason I never made the connection. Especially with Part of Me, Part of You. I had the Thelma & Louis Soundtrack and my friend and I would listen to it in the car back when we were in college and I LOVED that song. But I didn't realize it was the same guy from the Eagles.

I had the Thelma and Louise soundtrack too, and I loved it! Loved every song!

Thirsty&Hot
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
haha it's weird, but it's totally mind blowing when you realize it, isn't it?!

like this montage of realization goes thru my mind haha

zeldabjr
06-21-2013, 09:20 PM
I saw recipe in a magazine today called "Tequila Sunrise sorbet"...sorbet with tequila and pomegranate...may have to try it in honor of the boys!

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Yum! I love sorbet. Sounds like one to try.

Prettymaid
06-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Maybe you could post the recipe in the What's For Dinner thread, Z. :drool:

Outlawman13
06-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Mmm sounds delicious!

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 05:39 PM
GA informed me that the radio station she listens to in Ireland wished Don Henley a happy birthday today... a month early! Nice of them to think of him anyway. :lol:

Prettymaid
06-22-2013, 05:43 PM
GA informed me that the radio station she listens to in Ireland wished Don Henley a happy birthday today... a month early! Nice of them to think of him anyway. :lol:

They are ON it! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
saw this on Facebook...obviously thought of the guys!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/942049_602969706400011_685408607_n_zpse5f42482.jpg

Thirsty&Hot
06-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Saw a girl wearing a silver and turquoise eagle necklace the other day. I complimented her on it. :)

Outlawman13
06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
That is too cool Tiffany!!! I would've done the same thing.

zeldabjr
06-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Maybe you could post the recipe in the What's For Dinner thread, Z. :drool:

ok I'll do that...

Glennsallnighter
06-24-2013, 03:46 AM

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/942049_602969706400011_685408607_n_zpse5f42482.jpg

Zelda! I love that. It's so good I'm gonna print it out and send it to a friend who's having twins in 6 weeks.

wasl89
06-24-2013, 11:01 AM
What a great photo zelda!!

Today my little nephew reminded me of the Eagles.
I was listening to some vinyl singles with him (he's 3 years old).
He took one of the singles and said I want to hear this one!
To my surprise it was the Hotel California single, I love that little nephew of mine!!:inlove:

Troubadour
06-24-2013, 04:13 PM
That picture is awesome, Zelda! It made me smile. :)

Thirsty&Hot
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

cool! do you know if it was in reference to the Eagles? (or Jackson Browne?) or if it was just a happy coincidence?

Troubadour
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
I think I mentioned this somewhere before, but every time I go into town I see signs for a showhome in Henley Drive...

zeldabjr
06-24-2013, 05:12 PM
cool! do you know if it was in reference to the Eagles? (or Jackson Browne?) or if it was just a happy coincidence?

it was just a happy Eagles coincidence...can't remember what it was exactly about...but it was nothing to do with music...cool huh?

Brooke
06-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Zelda, love it! Thanks for sharing it here!

Grey Sadler
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
When I went into the gym, I don't remember a car parked in front of me...but when I came out, there was a gold sedan with a Nebraska license plate 8)

Ive always been a dreamer
06-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Love that Take It Easy picture - too cool!

And Troub - I'm surprised you have purchased some real estate on Henley Drive. BTW - as I mentioned in another thread, I just got back from Tennessee, and we pass a Henley Road on the way to my cousin's boat dock! :rockon:

Brooke
06-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Some friends from church requested prayer for a little 2 year old girl relative with cancer and her name is Henley.

Prettymaid
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Some friends from church requested prayer for a little 2 year old girl relative with cancer and her name is Henley.

Aw, poor little girl. Her first name is Henley??!! That's kind of cute! (I wonder if her parents are Eagles fans...)

Brooke
06-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I wondered too, but I don't know them.....

Troubadour
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I hope that little girl will be okay.

cricrichan
07-01-2013, 04:55 PM

Oh, what a nice name! Hope she has a speedy recovery :hug:

Troubadour
07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
The Henley Festival is coming up on the 10th - 14th July (Henley on Thames is a place in England.) The Beach Boys are headlining this year, which is pretty cool!

Prettymaid
07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Ooh, I like the sound of that! 'The Henley Festival'...

sodascouts
07-07-2013, 11:28 PM
In South Africa, I saw a newspaper with a political cartoon critical of Pres. Obama for waiting so long to come to Africa. The caption: "Johnny Come Lately."

Outlawman13
07-08-2013, 12:27 AM
LOL that is too awesome!!!!

Victim of Love
07-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Browsing the book selections at Walmart the other day, not really intending to buy anything. Then a titled jumped out at me and I had to get it. Thank you, Jill Shalvis, for THE HEAT IS ON!

(It's a romance novel, something I don't normally read, so I've put it away for a rainy day.)

MaryCalifornia
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
I was driving in Encinitas, CA this week and there is a street called "Via Poco" - you know who that reminded me of!! Two Eagles - one past, one present.

MaryCalifornia
07-12-2013, 01:33 AM
I cannot deny that this reminded me of the Eagles, especially when I noticed that "in the city" was highlighted.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/shop-the-room-irving-amp-timothys-italian-aesthetic-191879

wasl89
07-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Went out to get a drink with some schoolfriends. We decided to take some cocktails, the first one I saw on their menu was 'Tequila Sunrise'. I can tell you that was a delicious cocktail!

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I cannot deny that this reminded me of the Eagles, especially when I noticed that "in the city" was highlighted.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/shop-the-room-irving-amp-timothys-italian-aesthetic-191879

Lol!

Thirsty&Hot
07-13-2013, 01:47 AM
these things reminded me of the Eagles on my trip to Tennessee:

Cowboy Eagle at the Grand Ole Opry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo1_zps913c095b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo1_zps913c095b.jpg.html)
I didn't buy him, but if I had, I would've named him Desperado

In Gatlinburg: BE AN EAGLE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo2_zps9554de97.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo2_zps9554de97.jpg.html)

at the Nashville Airport:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo3_zps4c84ff2b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo3_zps4c84ff2b.jpg.html)

I also flew American Eagle with American Airlines

Troubadour
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Love those pics!

Houston Baby
07-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Wow T&H - you were running into Eagles' reminders ALL vacation long!:thumbsup:

And from the places you visited, it looks like a GREAT vaca!

Troubadour
07-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I went to see 'Now You See Me' at the cinema today and there's a character in it called Henley.

sodascouts
07-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Cool! I was just watching an old episode of Star Trek: Voyager and one of the Maquis characters was named Henley as well.

In fact, since this is Star Trek, she even has a wikipage (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mariah_Henley)!

Troubadour
07-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Cool! I was a big fan of Star Trek when I was a kid.

I should mention that Henley's first exchange in Now You See Me is "Hi Danny." "Hey Henley." Totally sad, but I couldn't help but smile to myself!

Prettymaid
07-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol!

Thirsty&Hot
07-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Wow T&H - you were running into Eagles' reminders ALL vacation long!:thumbsup:

And from the places you visited, it looks like a GREAT vaca!

Thanks Troub! and yes ALL vacation long!
and there were more that I didn't capture on film, and that escape me at the moment hehe

I've also seen some since!

today, on a tv in a diner, the weather broadcast (of course) had a little caption on top that said "the Heat is On"

I tried to take a pic, but it was too far away and didn't come out

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Just found this in my old Photobucket account:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/EagleCourt.jpg

Henley Honey
07-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Just found this in my old Photobucket account:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/EagleCourt.jpg

I'd like to plead Guilty and throw myself on the Court -- I mean on the mercy of the Court.

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
LOL, HH!

sodascouts
07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
This was on the table at the restaurant we ate at the morning after the Louisville show:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/eaglesbottle.jpg

Brooke
07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I bet you wanted a taste of that the next morning! :lol:

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Love it, Soda!

Prettymaid
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
This was on the table at the restaurant we ate at after the morning after the Louisville show:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/eaglesbottle.jpg

I didn't even notice this!

As many of you know, I am a fan of the Wildlife Center of Virginia. Ed Clark, the founder and president of the center, won the 2012 Eagle Rare Life Award, which
I am proud to say I helped with by casting a vote a day for several weeks! Lol! It's so funny how my love of all things Eagles (the band and the bird) sometimes collide!

http://eaglerarelife.com/content/edward-e-clark-jr

Troubadour
07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
That's great, Cathy! I love how involved you have become in the Wildlife Center. They do great work and, even though I am far away, I enjoy following your/their posts on FB. I'm all for anything that looks after the earth and the creatures that inhabit it with us. :heart:

TimothyBFan
07-17-2013, 07:55 AM
That's great, Cathy! I love how involved you have become in the Wildlife Center. They do great work and, even though I am far away, I enjoy following your/their posts on FB. I'm all for anything that looks after the earth and the creatures that inhabit it with us. :heart:

I'll second that!

Thirsty&Hot
07-19-2013, 11:38 AM
was just listening to Waylon Jennings on spotify when The Eagle came on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kL4jImXdVU

Outlawman13
07-19-2013, 12:58 PM
LOL too cool!!!! I have never heard that song before, but I love it!!!

tequila girl
07-19-2013, 01:15 PM
I spotted this in my local supermarket today

http://www.united-nations-of-beer.com/desperados-beer.html#axzz2ZVpn4gw8

So of course I HAD to buy some!

Prettymaid
07-19-2013, 02:50 PM
I spotted this in my local supermarket today

http://www.united-nations-of-beer.com/desperados-beer.html#axzz2ZVpn4gw8

So of course I HAD to buy some!

I like the 'And yes, it's weird.' part. Was it weird, TG?

tequila girl
07-20-2013, 11:36 AM
I like the 'And yes, it's weird.' part. Was it weird, TG?

lol.....no, it was just like any other lager (beer) as far as I could tell!:shrug:

Houston Baby
07-21-2013, 10:37 AM
On "Meet The Press" this morning, the first roundtable regarding race included Tavis Smiley & then the 2nd roundtable was regarding Detroit's bankruptcy. Of course, both of these reminded me of Glenn.

Glennsallnighter
07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
When my heard about Detroits bankruptcy we were in the kitchen and I had a Glenn :heart: medley on the iPod in the background. Hubby suggested 'could your man over there not bail out his home state?'

Thirsty&Hot
07-21-2013, 07:19 PM
haha cool on Desperados beer

and yeah Detroit bankruptcy made me think of Glenn too!

Thirsty&Hot
07-21-2013, 07:20 PM
needed some salsa and this was on sale ...so bonus!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo23_zps90da2045.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo23_zps90da2045.jpg.html)

also saw this while watching The Yellow Handkerchief the other night

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo24_zpsac7a43b2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo24_zpsac7a43b2.jpg.html)

Freypower
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I just remembered we were watching Lord Of The Rings: The Return of the King (for the first time) & one of the scenes is entitled 'Here Come the Eagles' as a pack of eagles swoop on the enemy army.

Troubadour
07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Love these!

I saw a sign saying "Henleigh" earlier. Guess that's the posh spelling... :lol:

cricrichan
07-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I was watching Law & Order some nights ago and one of the characters was called "Mrs. Meisner", LOL ;)

TimothyBFan
07-25-2013, 08:29 AM
When my heard about Detroits bankruptcy we were in the kitchen and I had a Glenn :heart: medley on the iPod in the background. Hubby suggested 'could your man over there not bail out his home state?'

:lol:

Larry was watching a show last night about the top 10 most notorious gunmen of the old west. I was reading and only half paying attention but I heard them mention Bill Doolin and my head went up. Larry turned to me and told me to "go ahead and tell me all about the album and song THEY did about it". :lol: He just knows me so well.

desperado
07-25-2013, 09:00 AM
i saw a flat bed truck today and thought of "Take It Easy"
for years I thought it was girl in a flat bed board, not a flat bed ford! :D

Troubadour
07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Larry was watching a show last night about the top 10 most notorious gunmen of the old west. I was reading and only half paying attention but I heard them mention Bill Doolin and my head went up. Larry turned to me and told me to "go ahead and tell me all about the album and song THEY did about it". :lol: He just knows me so well.

I love that!

prayfordaylight
07-25-2013, 03:33 PM
:lol:

LOL. Well if I must...

Brooke
07-25-2013, 06:30 PM
While shopping in Hobby Lobby today I saw several signs with 'Route 66' on them! Guess who I thought of?!

Witchy Woman
07-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Today I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Guy Fieri visited "Glenn's Diner" in Chicago.

OT, I love that show !! I have watched every episode at least 5-6 times. And I'm totally ok with that. I hope to visit some of these places sometime !!

GlennLover
07-27-2013, 05:54 PM
i saw a flat bed truck today and thought of "Take It Easy"
for years I thought it was girl in a flat bed board, not a flat bed ford! :D

LOL, so did I! :laugh:

desperado
07-27-2013, 06:03 PM
on spotify today linda Ronstadt's "desperado" came on. I started crying. I cried like a baby during the bethel show, and when Don started singing "desperado" I lost it. I turned away from my friends b/c I didn't want them to see my tears. I cried b/c I LOVE that song (hence my username) and also b/c the show was over, and November/MSG is still a long way off.

Prettymaid
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Aw, desperado, you're not a hard one. :hug: Music has a surprising power over us. It's a wonderful thing.

desperado
07-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Aw, desperado, you're not a hard one. :hug: Music has a surprising power over us. It's a wonderful thing.

Aw PrettyMaid, you're so sweet! love your username! :)

desperado
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Ha, ha I always thought the same thing!

A friend of mine is a truck driver and when he called me a few weeks ago he was driving through Winslow, Arizona.

Today I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and Guy Fieri visited "Glenn's Diner" in Chicago.

glad i'm not the only o one! remember the song "I'd really like to see you tonight" by England Dan and John Ford Coley? I thought the lyrics were:

i'm not talking about meridian,
And I don't want to change your life.
But there's a warm wind blowing,
The stars are out, and I'd really love to see you tonight

well it's not merdian, it's MOVING IN

boy did I hear that one wrong :D

thanks for sharing your story about your truck driving friend, and Glen's diner!

desperado
07-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Glenn made mention of this at the Bethel Woods show!

Freypower
07-27-2013, 09:11 PM
glad i'm not the only o one! remember the song "I'd really like to see you tonight" by England Dan and John Ford Coley? I thought the lyrics were:

i'm not talking about meridian,
And I don't want to change your life.

well it's not merdian, it's MOVING IN

boy did I hear that one wrong :D

thanks for sharing your story about your truck driving friend, and Glen's diner!

I never got that line either. I thought it was 'I'm not talking 'bout relating'.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Today I went to U-Haul to get yet more boxes. The guy who helped us had light brown / dark hazel eyes. Lion eyes. Lyin' eyes. You see where I'm going with this.

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Love it VA. Over here ATM's advise customers to hide their PIN from 'prying eyes'. I frequently think 'there ain't no way to hide those pryin eyes!'

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Today I went to U-Haul to get yet more boxes. The guy who helped us had light brown / dark hazel eyes. Lion eyes. Lyin' eyes. You see where I'm going with this.

That's quite a stretch, VA, and I love it.

Outlawman13
07-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Lisa and VA, I love those!!! And I'm always thinking of Lying Eyes as well!!

Houston Baby
07-28-2013, 06:46 PM
I went to a little book store in Brenham and one of the books there was called "Ticket to the Limit" by Randy Cohen, the CEO of TicketCity. I had to laugh, pretty bold steal. It is a motivational type book with also an insight into the ticket business. Since it was clearanced for $5.99 I bought it. If I learn any tips or secrets to ticket buying, I will share. I do like his "Ten Ways to be a Rock Star".

sodascouts
07-29-2013, 12:16 AM
<snip>

I thought it was "there's a warm wind blowing the stars around" - so funny how we all hear things differently!

BTW, FP, your avie is gorgeous!

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Totally agree with you about FP's av! Gorgeous........ :inlove:

Thirsty&Hot
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
listening to Gaslight Anthem earlier and the line about the Ol '55 reminded me of Glenn and his Ol '55 Gladys
and of course the Eagles version of Ol '55

http://youtu.be/56BN0TULo28

Troubadour
07-29-2013, 07:07 PM
OMG I love Gaslight Anthem! I saw them live a couple of years ago in Portsmouth, UK... Brian Fallon has such a sexy voice!

Thirsty&Hot
07-29-2013, 07:21 PM
OMG I love Gaslight Anthem! I saw them live a couple of years ago in Portsmouth, UK... Brian Fallon has such a sexy voice!

yeah they are great! my boyfriend got me into them
haha he's my only real connection to modern music..I let him weed out the bad stuff and show me what's good. otherwise I'd only be listening to oldies.

GA just played NYC, but we didn't see them :/

NYC Fan
07-29-2013, 08:05 PM
I love Gaslight as well! We had tickets to the show last night with The Hold Steady, but something unexpected came up. But I have seen them quite a few times over the last 5 years. They put on an excellent show and Brian Fallon is a great singer. They are coming back to the area in September and I hope to see them then.

I have say though, I never made the "old '55" lyric connection to the Eagles, T&H! But I love that song, Old White Lincoln :-)

Thirsty&Hot
07-30-2013, 11:46 PM
hehe welll this photo pops into my head when I hear it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/glennol55gladys_zps345863e1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/glennol55gladys_zps345863e1.jpg.html)

Outlawman13
07-30-2013, 11:56 PM
What a sexy connection!!! Love!!!! And I do mean the car:lie:

zeldabjr
07-31-2013, 07:36 AM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/1016962_561786607214419_1403132742_n_zps5fd9f5ac.j pg

Thirsty&Hot
07-31-2013, 06:41 PM
haha!

Outlawman13
08-01-2013, 12:12 AM
LOL OHHH I love that!!!

MaryCalifornia
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Nice one, Zelda, and so true! I quit Facebook about 5 years ago and it was quite the process!

I just got back from the horse races in Del Mar, and the 4th horse in the 4th race was named BRUTALLY HANDSOME!!!

08-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome, MC. And Zelda, I love that cartoon about Facebook and definitely think it's true in some cases.

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Horse Race Announcer: And here they come down the stretch...it's Brutally Handsome and Terminally Pretty neck and neck...Brutally Handsome is pulling away...and it's Brutally Handsome by a nose!

TimothyBFan
08-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Horse Race Announcer: And here they come down the stretch...it's Brutally Handsome and Terminally Pretty neck and neck...Brutally Handsome is pulling away...and it's Brutally Handsome by a nose!

Seriously? There was a horse race with 2 horses names Terminally Pretty and Brutally Handsome? That is AWESOME!!! I wonder who owns them.

MaryCalifornia
08-02-2013, 04:59 PM
No, it was just Brutally Handsome. PM is having a fantasy horse race in her head:laugh: But I do wonder if the owners have another horse named Terminally Pretty - they should! I wanted to choose Terminally Pretty as my screen name for the Border, but I thought that would make everyone hate me haha. Its just such a cool phrase.

desperado
08-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I thought it was "there's a warm wind blowing the stars around" - so funny how we all hear things differently!

I thought so too Soda!

sodascouts
08-02-2013, 06:42 PM
I like what we hear better, desperado. It's more poetic and creative.

So the other day I saw this headline pop up - "Eagle drops the n-word at a concert" and I was like "OH NO!" - but it turned out to be a member of the Philadelphia Eagles at a Kenny Chesney concert. Phew!

Witchy Woman
08-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I thought it was "there's a warm wind blowing the stars around"

You're absolutely correct. Those are the right lyrics.

Prettymaid
08-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I wanted to choose Terminally Pretty as my screen name for the Border, but I thought that would make everyone hate me haha. Its just such a cool phrase.

Don't hate me because I'm Prettymaid. :lol:

If you had gone with Terminally Pretty you would have been abbreviated to TP, and that's what I write on the shopping list when we need toilet paper. :ack:

MaryCalifornia
08-02-2013, 09:34 PM
No, Prettymaid is sweet, and the song title. Calling yourself Terminally Pretty sounds a little stuck up! Nobody needs to be called TP on a regular basis.

Witchy Woman
08-03-2013, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=sodascouts;241980]I thought it was "there's a warm wind blowing the stars around" - so funny how we all hear things differently!

I always thought the same thing! I think our version is better. :smile:

You and Soda are both correct.

Thirsty&Hot
08-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Nice one, Zelda, and so true! I quit Facebook about 5 years ago and it was quite the process!

I just got back from the horse races in Del Mar, and the 4th horse in the 4th race was named BRUTALLY HANDSOME!!!

haha that's great!

and Terminally Pretty is a pretty cool name, and I see your point, but I think all of us here would be understanding that you don't mean it to be stuck up, and that it's just an awesome lyric snag.
but TP would be an unfortunate name abbreviation hehe.

Thirsty&Hot
08-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Saw this billboard on my walk today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/d5db91b0-2928-4a94-bb30-9afbd4116025_zpsa4eb069a.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/d5db91b0-2928-4a94-bb30-9afbd4116025_zpsa4eb069a.jpg.html)
Tired of Life in the Fast Lane?

Never!!!

hehe

also when I was in Rite Aid, The Heat is On came on :D

sodascouts
08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Cool! How neat for the Eagles that a phrase they popularized is now essentially a part of pop culture that belongs to everyone. That's freaking awesome.

zeldabjr
08-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I could never get tired of life in the fast lane...lol....awesome billboard!

Thirsty&Hot
08-03-2013, 10:21 PM
:)

and nice avatar Soda ;)

TimothyBFan
08-05-2013, 08:54 AM
No, it was just Brutally Handsome. PM is having a fantasy horse race in her head:laugh:

Geesh-- I sure screwed that up. :hilarious: It would of been a pretty cool race tho. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-08-2013, 07:53 AM
We saw this sign at a craft booth at the festival we went to this past weekend. I like the little fish detail. :laugh:

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/null-9.jpg (http://s510.photobucket.com/user/chilca0001/media/null-9.jpg.html)

Houston Baby
08-09-2013, 06:08 PM
I saw a t shirt on Etsy today called the Eagles Band Line Up. It can be custom ordered in different colors. I wasn't sure I should post a photo of it on here so the t shirt says...

FREY&
HENLEY&
MEISNER&
FELDER&
WALSH

I thought at first it was a vintage item but it is NOT. Should I email & let them know that this has NOT been the line up for years! Good grief!:hilarious:

sodascouts
08-09-2013, 06:14 PM
eBay if full of clueless sellers like that! I remember some of them selling supposed "autographed" photos of the Eagles where Randy's name is signed across Timothy. Lame!

Houston Baby
08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Yeah I stay clear of Ebay but I like Etsy & its' handmade items. Especially love the art work!

Prettymaid
08-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I like Etsy, too. I'm going to go check out the Eagles line up shirt! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Just saw this on FB.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/null-13.jpg

Houston Baby
08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
That's cool PM!

Glennsallnighter
08-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Love that one PM!

Thirsty&Hot
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
saw this in The Last Picture Show (1971)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo27_zps09c02160.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo27_zps09c02160.jpg.html)

zeldabjr
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
yeah those things definitely remind me of the guys!...very cool PM and T&H!!

Outlawman13
08-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Too awesome!!

Today (when I was in the mall) I saw that this one guy had a James Dean t-shirt on. OHH right when I saw that, I instantly thought of the song. LOL I couldn't help but to sing it silently to myself. LOL.

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Too often little or big things remind you of the Eagles and not in a good way. Last weekend two young women, one from Northern Ireland and one from the UK were stopped in Lima Airport carrying boxes of cereal full of cocaine. The NI girl had disappeared fromSpain 10 days earlier. They claim they were kidnapped and forced at gunpoint to import the drugs.

Who knows......

But on reading around it I've come across phrases like
'The drugs bubble is moving "from Columbia to Peru', and even

'it's the lure of easy money'

Smugglers Blues is as alive today as it ever was.

Thirsty&Hot
08-16-2013, 11:05 PM
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/IMG_1919_zps9c4d7d24.mp4.html

so for whatever reason the volume on this is really low for me...even tho it was fine on my phone...it didn't transfer well, but listen closely :D

I also couldn't get the video to embed here from photobucket...it's a short clip

Grey Sadler
08-17-2013, 04:43 PM
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/IMG_1919_zps9c4d7d24.mp4.html

so for whatever reason the volume on this is really low for me...even tho it was fine on my phone...it didn't transfer well, but listen closely :D

I also couldn't get the video to embed here from photobucket...it's a short clip

Cute, T&H!!
Ah, Eagles and baseball...what a combo :D

Houston Baby
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Cute, T&H!!
Ah, Eagles and baseball...what a combo :D

That's my favorite combo - GS!! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
08-19-2013, 12:02 PM
I saw this dress on sale in New Look earlier today

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/image-3.jpg

It looked good because most of the dresses around are dark and rather dull looking. Anyway on closer inspection it had the following icons on it

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/6e4ac95d-c17e-4823-9f8c-a1fe7bd35b0f.jpg

And

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/2e5eeca3-8159-4909-baaf-6d5a820526d8.jpg

With not one, but TWO reminders, well I had to buy it!

Houston Baby
08-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Cute GA! And I think it was definitely meant for you to have! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Awesome!

On Star Trek: Voyager, the Doctor talked about how he wanted to set up a holographic recreation of Pebble Beach for a golf game. I immediately thought of Glenn!

Brooke
08-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Ga, very cool dress! :thumbsup:

08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Love the dress, GA. And Soda - like minds ... any mention of even the word "pebble" brings visions of sugar plums to my head! :grin:

Brooke
08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I've been watching the show Under the Dome each week and in the last episode one of the characters said "How do you like my brave, new world?" Of course it reminded me of Glenn!

MaryCalifornia
08-28-2013, 04:42 PM
The US Open is running an interview segment called "In A New York Minute..." - reminded me of Don H! (p.s. who else is a big fan of James Blake??!!)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2013-08-28/201308281377653184705.html?promo=media_wall

GlennLover
09-01-2013, 07:51 PM
In church today I thought that the title of the sermon must be "Life In The Fast Lane" as our minister said it twice in the first few minutes of his sermon.

09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow, GL - now that's my kind of sermon!

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I might actually listen to a sermon on that theme GL! Way too cool, and Soringbo! Love your email!

NYC Fan
09-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Went on a little road trip this weekend with some friends. We all have wildly varying musical tastes, and the only music we could agree on to listen to was our boys :-)

As I put on Take it Easy and we were riding through the countryside, I thought of Glenn saying how people told him that they "did things" to the Eagles. I don't have a car, so it's not that often that I get to blast them while driving, but they sure did sound good on a Summer day with the windows open!

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I started a photography course last night and we were being given a few tips for portrait photography.
One of them was when you have a group 'Line Eyes up together'. That's and easy one to remember!

Houston Baby
09-11-2013, 09:39 PM
That is a great tip GA & you're right easy to remember.:thumbsup:

cricrichan
09-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Some weeks ago I was in a music instruments store and the owner had this LP on a shelf:

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p680/cricrichan76/eagles-thesecondcollectionlp_zps390788ab.jpg

I think it was not for sale but was a vinyl of his own private collection ;)

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Very nice!

sodascouts
09-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I haven't seen that cover before. Thanks for posting it!

Outlawman13
09-25-2013, 02:00 AM
That's cool

I saw a book that had Dead Eagles on the cover. LOL reminded me of the Eagles.

Outlawman13
10-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Today I saw a street sign that read Glenn Way. Then I was thinking that I would love to go on Glenn Way. LOL

Houston Baby
10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree! A dreamy place to be - Glenn Way!!:thumbsup:

cricrichan
10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
I haven't seen that cover before. Thanks for posting it!

You're welcome, Soda! I think the LP "Eagles - The Second Collection" was only realeased in Italy, so it's unpublished in the rest of the world ;)

---

Some days ago I was watching a German soap opera and in that episode there was a man called Mr. Schmit xD

GlennLover
10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Saw a man yesterday wearing a sweatshirt that had "Get your kicks" on the top, the map of the US with Route 66 highlighted in the middle & "On Route 66" on the bottom.

Houston Baby
10-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Glenn needs that sweatshirt....:hilarious:

Freypower
10-02-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't know about Glenn; I need it! I did get a Route 66 T shirt in LA which I really like.

10-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Love that t-shirt, GL. I was driving down the road yesterday and saw three trucks in a row that had "Eagle Construction" on it. The first thing I thought of is "Hey - one of them is missing!" :shock:

Outlawman13
10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
LOL those are pretty cool.
I saw a wallet (with Marilyn Monroe) that said Darling, I'm quite busy being fabulous right now. Could you bother me later? I was just singing that song afterwards.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
I just heard ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" on the radio, and so of course I thought of Glenn.

sodascouts
10-05-2013, 06:24 PM
My friend recommended to me an old British series called "As Time Goes By" and I've been marathoning it a bit today thanks to Amazon Prime. At one point, the housekeeper for the male lead's father is offered tea, and she pipes up that she'd much rather have a tequila sunrise! Need I say more? ;)

Outlawman13
10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
LOL too cool Nancy.

When I was just leaving Sacramento today, I saw this one factory called Meissners Sewing and Vacuum Center. LOL It was too cool seeing that, but they spelled his last name wrong. LOL

Thirsty&Hot
10-07-2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/curtains-rugs/home-scenic-home-doormat

Houston Baby
10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Today in Newport RI in a jewelry store window I saw a bracelet that said Eagles. It was the Philadelphia Eagles logo but it was really pretty and since it spelled Eagles I thought about it.:wink:

Prettymaid
10-14-2013, 08:51 AM
We were in the Mens' Autumn Fashion area of a department store yesterday and a whole section was devoted to 'must have' clothes for men.

All the dummies were dressed in plaid shirts, blue jeans, boots, leather belts. It was like being in 1970's Eagle Land. So it wasn't hearing but it was seeing :)

And just like an app, there's a thread for that! Lol!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388

"Eagle Land"...Calgon, take me away...

NYC Fan
10-18-2013, 10:42 AM
MSG is one of our clients at work. This morning I was doing some work related to the acquisition of the LA Forum. Too bad this doesn't translate into tickets for me. LOL

10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Yeah NYC Fan - you got to figure out a way to remedy that! :wink: :grin:

NYC Fan
10-18-2013, 06:28 PM
That is a shame. When my friend worked for the Schubert archives in NYC, she used to get free tickets to Broadway shows. We even went to 'The Untouchables' movie premiere and the after party because her boss didn't want to go and gave my friend the tickets. We were thrilled to go of course. :-)

Springbo-

Very cool! I need a friend like that ;-) I have quite the theater habit, which would be tremendously expensive if I hadn't figured out all the ins and outs of getting cheap tickets. That must have been great for you to have a friend who got comp tickets!

I just want access to good Eagles tickets. I'd be happy to pay for them. But it's a no-no for us to do that at work...

shunlvswx
10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I was watching Wheel of Fortune and the puzzle was New Kid in Town. Made me think of the song.

GlennLover
10-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Actually, this is a "Little thing that reminds someone else of the Eagles". I attended a prayer service this week at a church that I don't normally attend. I was wearing one of my "Glenn Frey After Hours" tee shirts as I wasn't expecting to be going to this service & I didn't have time to go home & change. After the service the pastor said to me "Is that Glenn Frey of the Eagles?". Turns out that he is a big Eagles' fan.

We had a guest minister at our church today & he quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson a couple of times. You know who that brought to mind!

sodascouts
10-20-2013, 06:14 PM
When driving around downtown Memphis, Dreamer, HB, and I drove down Linden St. and parked off of November 6th St!

Prettymaid
10-21-2013, 08:36 AM
When driving around downtown Memphis, Dreamer, HB, and I drove down Linden St. and parked off of November 6th St!

There's a street called November 6th St.???

sodascouts
10-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Yep! Dreamer and HB found out that apparently an important Civil War general escaped down that street on that date.

shunlvswx
10-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I heard Doctor My Eyes on the radio this morning. I know this has nothing to do with Eagles, but since Jackson Browne are friends with the guys, wrote a few songs with them and was in the documentary, the song made me think of it being played in the documentary.

Thirsty&Hot
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo28_zpse71d568d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo28_zpse71d568d.jpg.html)

I just got one of these awesome tank tops in black:
http://idylwildwoods.myshopify.com/collections/cotton-tees/products/desert-spaghetti-strap-tank

you can also get it on a sweatshirt:
http://idylwildwoods.myshopify.com/collections/cotton-tees/products/web-exclusive-desert-sweatshirts-1

10-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Awesome T&H.

And shun - anytime I hear Linda Ronstadt's, Jackson's, JD's, or Bob Seger's names or music, I automatically think of the Eagles. I guess I'm just shallow that way! :wink:

shunlvswx
10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I guess I should said another artist. I was reading everybody's comments and everybody mostly talking about a street, a poster, a line or a name that's like the Eagles. I didn't know if I could say another artist in the thread. That's why I said I know this has nothing to do with the Eagles meaning something that would remind me of the Eagles.

I think that's the first time I ever heard Doctor My Eyes on the radio. The DJ was funny this morning. She thought nobody would know the song and would had to google it. If it wasn't for HOTE, I would had never guessed Doctor My Eyes either and I would had to google it. I called in to give the answer, but the line was busy. I was hoping nobody knew the answer so I can get through. :laugh: And tell her I knew the answer because I would watch the Eagles documentary everyday and that song was in the documentary.

Houston Baby
10-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Too cool T&H! I love that design! Thanks for sharing!

Prettymaid
10-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the Eagles. I always think of them when I hear Jackson Browne. I love him just as much as I love them. :-)

:inlove::iloveyou::heart:

Prettymaid
10-21-2013, 08:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo28_zpse71d568d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo28_zpse71d568d.jpg.html)

I just got one of these awesome tank tops in black:
http://idylwildwoods.myshopify.com/collections/cotton-tees/products/desert-spaghetti-strap-tank

you can also get it on a sweatshirt:
http://idylwildwoods.myshopify.com/collections/cotton-tees/products/web-exclusive-desert-sweatshirts-1

Somehow I don't think my husband would like that one...

GlennLover
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Ha, ha, mine either!

Witchy Woman
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM

You can always say it's addressed to him 8-)

GlennLover
10-21-2013, 09:29 PM
On Dancing With the Stars Nicole(Snookie) & Sasha just danced to The Foundation's "Build Me Up Buttercup". I have always assumed that Glenn's line "You're my Buttercup, oh build me up" in True Love was taken from this song so when I hear BMUB I think of True Love.

Thirsty&Hot
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM

haha yeah you could say it's addressed to him...

my boyfriend didn't think twice about it...he knows it's just a beautiful lyric from a beautiful song by one of my favorite bands that I already do direct at him when I sing along to it :)

sodascouts
10-21-2013, 10:31 PM
On Dancing With the Stars Nicole(Snookie) & Sasha just danced to The Foundation's "Build Me Up Buttercup". I have always assumed that Glenn's line "You're my Buttercup, oh build me up" in True Love was taken from this song so when I hear BMUB I think of True Love.

Oh, is that where that lyric is from? I've never heard that song so I thought Glenn and/or Jack Tempchin just made it up, lol. Learn something new every day!

GlennLover
10-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Oh, is that where that lyric is from? I've never heard that song so I thought Glenn and/or Jack Tempchin just made it up, lol. Learn something new every day!

I can't be positive but it seems like too much of a coincidence.

Freypower
10-22-2013, 12:27 AM

But it's 'fill me up'.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/soulsearchin/truelove.htm

I agree it is similar but I never made a connection.

Houston Baby
10-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Yep! Dreamer and HB found out that apparently an important Civil War general escaped down that street on that date.

I finally remembered to look this up online and it seems our tour guide who gave us the above answer may have taken some liberty with his historical version. :laugh: Then again, he was the tour guide to Graceland and maybe Elvis told him about the Civil War general. Anyway, the above version does sound more exciting and I am not saying that it didn't happen BUT

According to several sites online.......
"Traveling north/south from Monroe to South Court between Main and Second, this alley name commemorates November 6, 1934, when voters elected for Memphis to build or buy an electrical distribution system that would use cheaper electricity from Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). That same month, Maiden Lane was changed to November 6th Street in observance of the event."

Besides being Glenn's birthday, I find it amusing that the previous name was Maiden Lane. Because how many fair maiden's hearts has Glenn broken?
;)

GlennLover
10-22-2013, 08:49 AM
But it's 'fill me up'.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/soulsearchin/truelove.htm

I agree it is similar but I never made a connection.

I hear "build", especially on the "Live" version. As said, it's only speculation on my part.

Freypower
10-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I hear "build", especially on the "Live" version. As said, it's only speculation on my part.

I have never heard anything other than 'fill''.

Brooke
10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
When I was driving home from the grocery store today, something told me to turn the radio on. I hardly ever listen to the radio in the car anymore because they don't play many good songs and I can't stand the commercials. Anyway, when I turned it on "Take It Easy", my favorite Eagles' song, was playing.

When I got home from the store, I was checking the expiration date of a box of granola bars I had on the counter, and the expiration date was November 6. :)

That's my favorite song too, Sb!

Too funny about the expiration date! :laugh:

Prettymaid
10-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Today at work I had some loose quarters on my counter. Took a quick picture of the back of a Montana quarter. I can't believe I never made the association before now.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/null_zps278e6252.jpg

Houston Baby
10-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Cool! Now I need to find a Montana quarter!

sodascouts
10-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Awesome!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-26-2013, 10:41 AM
love it:love:

Brooke
10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Very cool! I collected all of those and then cashed them in! Never picked up on that one!

Witchy Woman
10-26-2013, 04:48 PM
This is how my letters popped up on Words With Friends.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9349/y2r7.jpg

sodascouts
10-26-2013, 05:44 PM
haha! Love it!

Thirsty&Hot
10-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Today at work I had some loose quarters on my counter. Took a quick picture of the back of a Montana quarter. I can't believe I never made the association before now.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/null_zps278e6252.jpg

I discovered this quarter a few months ago myself! :D I thought I had posted it on this thread, but I can't seem to find it...I guess I had only posted it on Instagram...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/montanaquarterskull_zps41ba9c73.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/montanaquarterskull_zps41ba9c73.jpg.html)

sodascouts
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I've gotta get me some Montana quarters!

Thirsty&Hot
11-13-2013, 11:37 PM
for those of you who have seen a show on the current the tour...you'll get it :)

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/accessories/beard-ly-enough-hat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/knitbeard_zps3c57408b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/knitbeard_zps3c57408b.jpg.html)

Thirsty&Hot
11-16-2013, 01:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo30_zpsfcebb97b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo30_zpsfcebb97b.jpg.html)

popped up on freebies list

Thirsty&Hot
11-19-2013, 08:37 PM
FX developing new Western miniseries Desperadoes based on the Dalton Gang (http://www.avclub.com/article/fx-developing-new-western-miniseries-desperadoes-105789)

:pimp: we need a cowboy emoticon hehe

Prettymaid
11-19-2013, 09:25 PM
T&H, you are on a roll here! Great job!

Thirsty&Hot
11-19-2013, 10:32 PM
T&H, you are on a roll here! Great job!

thanks!
:cheers: :grin:

Midnight Visitor
11-19-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm embarrassed to admit this but often when I flip my sunglasses up into my dark wavy hair I think of Glenn mid-70's.

11-19-2013, 11:39 PM
That is funny, MV.

And T&H, thanks for that link. Should be very interesting - it's been a long time since I watched a cowboy flick, but I'll definitely need to check it out. :hmm: Wonder who they'll get to do the musical score? :grin:

Thirsty&Hot
11-20-2013, 12:13 AM
yeah definitely seems cool enough to check out!

Thirsty&Hot
11-20-2013, 12:14 AM
stumbled upon these Eagles in Central Park today
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/ed39e457-78da-4a02-92dc-d958bdb8a92b_zps0258b338.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/ed39e457-78da-4a02-92dc-d958bdb8a92b_zps0258b338.jpg.html)

Brooke
11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for this stuff, T&H! Good work!

I'm embarrassed to admit this but often when I flip my sunglasses up into my dark wavy hair I think of Glenn mid-70's.

Love it! Now I will think of Glenn whenever I see someone with that description! lol

That is funny, MV.

And T&H, thanks for that link. Should be very interesting - it's been a long time since I watched a cowboy flick, but I'll definitely need to check it out. :hmm: Wonder who they'll get to do the musical score? :grin:

Love cowboy movies! And wouldn't that be cool, dreamer?!

Houston Debutante
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM
FX developing new Western miniseries Desperadoes based on the Dalton Gang (http://www.avclub.com/article/fx-developing-new-western-miniseries-desperadoes-105789)

:pimp: we need a cowboy emoticon hehe

OMG! This would be cool.

Thirsty&Hot
11-20-2013, 06:41 PM
yeah..I wonder if the creators are Eagles fans hehe

Prettymaid
11-20-2013, 07:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/ed39e457-78da-4a02-92dc-d958bdb8a92b_zps0258b338.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/ed39e457-78da-4a02-92dc-d958bdb8a92b_zps0258b338.jpg.html)

Have I ever told you guys that I love bald eagles? :spin:

:steviesmack: Ouch! Okay, I guess I've mentioned it a time or two...

glenneaglesfan
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Cool reminders of our favourites! Although I don't log in much, Eagles are never far from my mind.
At my voluntary work today, the locum manager was trying to sort the central heating, and when she found the right control I couldn't help saying the Heat Is On!

Prettymaid
11-20-2013, 07:31 PM
:thumbsup: GEF! I would have been dancing around, singing it!

Thirsty&Hot
11-20-2013, 07:45 PM
yeah I find myself saying "the Heat is On" all throughout the year haha

sodascouts
11-20-2013, 09:16 PM
I saw a post today about a guy giving a keynote speech at a convention called "The Heart of the Matter."

VAisForEagleLovers
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Watching the Pens and Caps game, it's in DC and I can't help but remember the last time I was in the Verizon Center. July 22. It was an awesome show, the first of this tour I'd seen. Why didn't I buy a ticket for this coming March?

NYC Fan
11-21-2013, 08:22 AM
I just got a new pair of boots last week. I bought them because I loved the style, but yeah, it makes me smile that they are Frye boots :-)

NYC Fan
11-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Love these T&H! Will have to look for them. Where are they in the park?

prayfordaylight
11-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Watching the Pens and Caps game, it's in DC and I can't help but remember the last time I was in the Verizon Center. July 22. It was an awesome show, the first of this tour I'd seen. Why didn't I buy a ticket for this coming March?

Because like dreamer and myself you're waiting (im)patiently ;)

11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
So true, PFD. Although, I have a bad feeling that nothing's gonna drop. Since it's just a couple hours drive for me, if I can't find anything decent, I'll probably just wait and get the best available ticket at the box office the day of the show.

I just got a new pair of boots last week. I bought them because I loved the style, but yeah, it makes me smile that they are Frye boots :-)

Well, you have such good taste, NYC Fan. You know they gotta be stylin' if they're Frey ... er I mean Frye boots! :thumbsup:

NYC Fan
11-21-2013, 05:30 PM
So true, PFD. Although, I have a bad feeling that nothing's gonna drop. Since it's just a couple hours drive for me, if I can't find anything decent, I'll probably just wait and get the best available ticket at the box office the day of the show.

Well, you have such good taste, NYC Fan. You know they gotta be stylin' if they're Frey ... er I mean Frye boots! :thumbsup:

I think Glenn would approve of them. Too bad the name is spelled wrong :-)

Just got back from a business trip to VT and there was a letter from Walden Woods with Don's name above the return address. It was a 2 page letter outlining all the great things they have been doing, etc. (looking for a donation of course) "signed" by Don. I'm a member because I've been there quite a few times with a cousin that lives not too far from there, and it's a lovely place. They seem to have done a lot of great work there.

After a long day, it was nice to get some mail from Don. LOL

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 07:26 PM

oh I've often considered getting a pair of Frye boots! they are pretty cool! one day I will. :)
it's funny last time I went shopping for shoes, my boyfriend actually pointed them out and was like..oh look, Tiffany, Frye...like Frey! haha
I've even got him seeing EAGLES everywhere :D

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 07:35 PM
I think Glenn would approve of them. Too bad the name is spelled wrong :-)

Just got back from a business trip to VT and there was a letter from Walden Woods with Don's name above the return address. It was a 2 page letter outlining all the great things they have been doing, etc. (looking for a donation of course) "signed" by Don. I'm a member because I've been there quite a few times with a cousin that lives not too far from there, and it's a lovely place. They seem to have done a lot of great work there.

After a long day, it was nice to get some mail from Don. LOL

mail from Don! that would certainly brighten the day!

I should visit Walden Woods...I was in the Berkshires last month. And I've been to Boston a bunch...never realized it was so close!

Prettymaid
11-21-2013, 10:33 PM
NYCF, that's so cool that you got mail from Don! That would make my day, even if it was just asking for a donation!

Today was my first day back to work since November 8. I was weeding through my emails and came across a couple from our branch manager to all of us, and he had signed them Your Fearless Leader. :-D

Brooke
11-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Pm, good catch! It could be Soda or Glenn!

NYC, too cool to get mail from Don! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-24-2013, 02:05 PM
It was a special music day at church (Christ the King Sunday), and one of the ones playing trumpet had the last name Frey.