PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

ktdids
10-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Okay, it's Bill Maher ranting on his show as he usually does at the end of it, and he's going on about people being so super absorbed with their cell phones and so preoccupied with taking selfies that they are losing out on being "in the moment" when something important is happening.
Gee, who did I immediately think of?!

AlreadyGone95
10-12-2015, 10:39 AM
:hmm: that's a tough one, Ktdids. Could it be the guy in your avatar? Lol

DivineDon
10-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Okay, this is weird. I was visiting a private art collection on Saturday for my research, in the West of Ireland, and I noticed the guide had an American accent but I didn't say anything to him. Anyway, he was talking about a painting though he admitted to not knowing much about art. It was a painting of a mother and child and was painted by the owner of the house who went on to play a prominent role in Irish politics and so she had always been seen as quite selfish because she apparently put her political role ahead of her role as a 'mother'. So the guide said, 'but I think you can't judge her as there are three sides to every story - hers, ours and the cold hard truth!......

....and I said (naturally), that's a quote from a song by my favourite singer Don Henley...

....and the guide says, 'well, I'm from Texas too so I guess I must have picked it up sometime from him!!!'

Of course, I was stunned and pleasantly surprised to think that I can't go anywhere without being reminded of Don !

But honestly, if you knew Ireland and the fact that the Eagles would be well known but not necessarily Don Henley, you would realised how random this really was and you'd get a freaky feeling too...Don, you're following me everywhere :heart: I LUV IT!!!!

Brooke
10-12-2015, 01:25 PM
DD, too cool! Don is everywhere!

Funk 50
10-12-2015, 03:48 PM
But honestly, if you knew Ireland and the fact that the Eagles would be well known but not necessarily Don Henley, you would realised how random this really was and you'd get a freaky feeling too...Don, you're following me everywhere :heart: I LUV IT!!!!

Hasn't Don said that he has some Irish heritage in his family and, if I'm not mistaken, since 911, Timothy has taken up Irish citizenship.

http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/eagle-rocker-lands-in-dungiven-1-2848078

I remember that an Eagles European tour, some years ago, included a vacation in Ireland, although I'm pretty sure that they didn't all spend it together.

NightMistBlue
10-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Every time I see a Maserati, I hear Joe's voice in my head, "My Maseraaaaahhti does 185." It's hard-wired in my brain! Darn that Mr. Walsh.

AlreadyGone95
10-12-2015, 04:29 PM
DD, that is very cool and unexpected surprise. I bet that made your day!

NMB, mowbthe song is playing in my head. Lol. Sadly, I've never seen a Maserati. Experience foreign sports cars aren't very common here.

L101
10-12-2015, 05:08 PM
DD - that was cool and for the west of Ireland, that was really random on the Don Henley bit :grin:

I read recently in the GuideLive Dallas (http://www.guidelive.com/music/2015/10/10/interview-don-henley-cass-county)interview where Don said about his mother bringing out the Irish in her and joining another church as Don was being labelled a 'Bad Boy" - so that's cool ;-)

"There was a sermon that was clearly about me. Didn't mention me by name but was clearly about me and my career and the sinfulness of it and the tawdriness of it. So my mother, being the Irish girl that she was, joined the Methodist church the next day and never went back."

NightMistBlue
10-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Is Don Irish on the paternal side as well? I guess because of Henley-on-Thames, I always assumed that was an English name.

Funk 50
10-13-2015, 05:13 AM
DD - that was cool and for the west of Ireland, that was really random on the Don Henley bit :grin:

I read recently in the GuideLive Dallas (http://www.guidelive.com/music/2015/10/10/interview-don-henley-cass-county)interview where Don said about his mother bringing out the Irish in her and joining another church as Don was being labelled a 'Bad Boy" - so that's cool ;-)

"There was a sermon that was clearly about me. Didn't mention me by name but was clearly about me and my career and the sinfulness of it and the tawdriness of it. So my mother, being the Irish girl that she was, joined the Methodist church the next day and never went back."

Thanks for finding that Lacken101. Don's done so many interviews, I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I'm surprised that Tim's gone Irish. His name definitely originates from Germany as, apparently, does Frey. The most Irish name would be Walsh.

Glennsallnighter
10-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Tha is way too cool DD! I'm trying to work out the politician, but I think I know.
And Brilliant quote too Lacken. I guess us Irish are a force to be reckoned with!!

L101
10-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks for finding that Lacken101. Don's done so many interviews, I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I'm surprised that Tim's gone Irish. His name definitely originates from Germany as, apparently, does Frey. The most Irish name would be Walsh.

F50, I found this interview with Timothy on why he claims he's Irish - his wife's mother is Irish and from near Derry - it's an interesting read from 2011.

Eagle rocker lands in Dungiven (http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/eagle-rocker-lands-in-dungiven-1-2848078)

GlennLover
10-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Glenn said during the Strange Weather concert in Dublin that his grandmother came from Ireland. He said her name was Edith McVey (no idea of how it is spelled).

NightMistBlue
10-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Eagle rocker lands in Dungiven (http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-on/arts-culture/eagle-rocker-lands-in-dungiven-1-2848078)

That was a lovely article. Tim is such a sweet pea.

DivineDon
10-13-2015, 12:27 PM
This links to the Irish origins of the name Henley and Don's 'coat of arms' - cool :smile:

Loyalty, truth and generosity - sounds like Don all right :drummer:

http://www.irishsurnames.com/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?name=henley&capname=Henley&letter=h

NightMistBlue
10-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Oh wow - my people were from Mayo and Roscommon too! Maybe we're cousins :)

AlreadyGone95
10-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Yesterday afternoon, I was at my uncle's house. It was about 4 o'clock, and he had just fed his cats outside on the porch. About 10 minutes later, his cat Fluffy comes walking out of the woods. My uncle said "Here comes Miss Prissy come lately". Well, I thought of the song New Kid in Town and Johnny come lately.

Brooke
10-20-2015, 03:46 PM
AG, too funny!

NOLA
10-21-2015, 08:52 AM
On VH1 last night, I watched "The Who at Kilburn: 1977," the next-to-last concert appearance made by Keith Moon. Of course, I thought about his offstage antics with his favorite Eagle buddy, Joe Walsh.

NightMistBlue
10-21-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm so brainwashed that when watching a football game on Sunday and a player's hometown of Edwardsville, Illinois came up on screen, I immediately thought of the wacky photo series of our guys from said town. I believe that's where the Mississippi River Festival was held for many years.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/July291975_zpsagsarh5m.jpg

Brooke
10-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Last week while touring the Biltmore Estate we went on to Antler Village which has shops and such to look in which is a part of it. There was an outdoor park area with a shelter where someone was playing an acoustic guitar with a few people watching. I could hear her singing Route 66 and immediately thought of Glenn and Freypower as I know she loves that song!

Freypower
10-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Last week while touring the Biltmore Estate we went on to Antler Village which has shops and such to look in which is a part of it. There was an outdoor park area with a shelter where someone was playing an acoustic guitar with a few people watching. I could hear her singing Route 66 and immediately thought of Glenn and Freypower as I know she loves that song!

How weird. I just defended it in the Future Eagles Projects thread. I do have a very personal reason for liking it though. It's a bit hard not to think of that when I play the song.:fainting:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-24-2015, 04:56 PM
That's too funny, Brooke. I love how we think of our guys whenever we hear a cover they've done even though the song may have been around for many years and been recorded by others. I guess this just means they whatever our guys do, they own it! :rockon:

AlreadyGone95
10-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Listening to the radio, and an ad for a lawyers' office comes on, someone (don't remember their name) and Walsh. Ya'll know who I thought of, but I can't picture him as a lawyer!

shunlvswx
10-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Everyday as I drive to work, a guy had Life Is Good on the back of his jeep. It always makes me think of Life's Been Good.

NOLA
10-26-2015, 11:30 AM
One of my crazy friends sent this to me via text for my bday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/navypaula/Witch%20phrase.jpg

A song about a raven-haired and ruby-lipped woman came immediately to mind.

AlreadyGone95
10-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Lol NOLA!

Earlier today, I was watching an episode of The Golden Girls. It was the Christmas episode where Stan was out of work. Dorothy tells him that stuff not going his way is "the nature of your business". I thought of the song Smuggler's Blues.