PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mrs Henley
08-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Yeah PLS! :D Glenn can give you the energy you need (they all can!)

This morning I woke up and downstairs the radio was playing a song everybody HAS to know!
Hotel California! :inlove:
I was immediately awake! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I bet you were MH!! When I came in with the kids later on this evening we put on the radio, only seconds later to hear the intro.....and TITTL!!

sodascouts
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
I am reading a book right now called "Rock Star Babylon". It's about myths, legends and things that have happened in rock and roll. Anyways, I am on a chapter talking about the Long Beach incident. One paragraph starts out, and I quote here, "Yes, these days, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and the other one..." :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: EXCUSE ME??? The other one? Are you kidding me? Time to move on to another book apparently! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wow. That is so lame. It sounds like a deliberate slam to me - what professional author couldn't take the trouble to look up Tim's name if he wasn't sure of it?

Hope you checked that out of a library. That jerk doesn't deserve one cent of royalties!

PLS - very cool that you got to hear Sea Cruise. That's a hard one to catch!

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2008, 08:48 PM
That is just SO unprofessional. I always double check my facts when I am posting here not to mind if I was writing a review. That reviewer should have done his homework!! How Shoddy!

TimothyBFan
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow. That is so lame. It sounds like a deliberate slam to me - what professional author couldn't take the trouble to look up Tim's name if he wasn't sure of it?

Hope you checked that out of a library. That jerk doesn't deserve one cent of royalties!

Unfortunately I bought the stupid book:-x. It wasn't that good anyways so when I got to that part- I just closed it and set it back on the bookshelf never to be read again!:thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Charity shop job, TBF!

PLS, that is awesome to hear Sea Cruise on the radio!

MH, last year on my birthday first song I heard was HC - sure made my day, and this weekend when I was getting in the car to take hubby for his surprise evening, One Of These Nights was on! :-P

It gets a bit worse - not only did I spot a pub selling Caffreys, but next was a music shop with a genuine Takamine guitar for sale!

Glennsallnighter
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Were you tempted to buy it GEF?

Mrs Henley
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Charity shop job, TBF!

PLS, that is awesome to hear Sea Cruise on the radio!

MH, last year on my birthday first song I heard was HC - sure made my day, and this weekend when I was getting in the car to take hubby for his surprise evening, One Of These Nights was on! :-P

It gets a bit worse - not only did I spot a pub selling Caffreys, but next was a music shop with a genuine Takamine guitar for sale!

Look, that's great! :D Having a birthday with the waking up song HC, it can't be better :D (well, I think it can, if the Eagles where standing right in front of you and singing you awake. :lol:)
Haha OOTN! :P :D

Aaah did you buy it?

________
I was talking with my mom about Don (who else?) and we were almost back home and when we get home, my mom saw something in our mailbox, and it was my Don Henley poster! (Thanks, GA!) aaaaah, it was just the best timing ever! Only it was raining, so I was just on time to save the poster!

And I was so in love today to a picture who's made in glass, I was walking through that store with my mom and I saw something what I had to know and when I came closer I saw The Eagles in a glass photo! FW1 pic! Aaaahhh my day started good! Only I asked to the price and it was very expensive, so that wasn't a good thing today.

TimothyBFan
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Yesterday, Larry took me to a used bookstore that someone had told him about at work that has albums, 8 tracks and 45's in the basement for sale. I found 4 Joe Walsh albums (2 of which I already had). They were only $1.00 or $2.00 each, so I bought all 4 of them of course. I also actually found a Sweet album that I bought. That's really unusual here in the states. We were short on time so next Saturday us and the friends that we get together with every Saturday night to listen to albums on the patio are all going on "a field trip" to see what else we can come up with.

Mrs Henley
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow just $1,00 or $2,00 ? FABULOUS! :D

Glennsallnighter
08-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm so glad you got your poster MH!
TBF! You can sure pick up some bargains! Well done on the JW stuff!

glenneaglesfan
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
TBF, that's a great find at the record store!

I was grocery shopping this afternoon and succumbed to buy a bottle of wine called 'Eagles Crag'!

Mrs Henley
08-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I was grocery shopping this afternoon and succumbed to buy a bottle of wine called 'Eagles Crag'!

That's great GEF! :D Good wine, I'm sure it is! :)

I drink today a Screwdriver Drink :lol:

ticky
08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
TBF, that's a great find at the record store!

hehehehe I made my youngest wear an American Eagle's T-shirt today because it reminded me of the Boys *grin*

Brooke
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Forgot to post this yesterday.

I was listening to a classic rock station at work and they had a contest where they would give a line to a song and you were supposed to call in with the next line and if right, you would win a cd. I missed the first part, but heard the second. The first part was "Well, I heard some people talkin' just the other day,"

And a lady called in got the next line right with "And they said you were gonna put me on the shelf". I thought, darn, I could have gotten that! :rolleyes:

Then later in the day they were advertising a contest where you could win the complete catalog of the Eagles on cd! All of the cds. I didn't get to hear anymore to find out when it was. I may have to call in and ask!

Oh, and did anyone watch Swingtown on tv last night? I haven't watched it much, but did last night and at the end they played Randy's version of TITTL! It helped the show tremendously! :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Very cool gef and Brooke. Thursday was a really good Eagles day for me. It was also a first - I was running errands and went into three different stores in a row and an Eagles song was playing in each store. It was actually kind of weird - but a very good weird. I figure with all that I was dealing with, someone upstairs was looking out for my sanity! :wink: :wink:

ticky
09-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I forgot about this till I read Dreamer's post.
Last week when we were coming home from the cabin I had my Ipod on (as always) and was listening to our Boys when I thought something was terribly wrong with my Ipod. I was getting an echo! I was listening to Long Run but also hearing Hotel California. I took off my ear phones and the truck next to us had it turned up really loud!
I smiled and gave them a thumbs up! *grin* .. as long as it's the Eagles...

Littlemelly9
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I was watching The Country Bears with my little cousins and I saw Don
and i herd his vioce and when I whent to my room for something
Hotel California was on.

Freypower
09-09-2008, 12:11 AM
This is silly, but Sky News had a headline in their sports section saying 'Eagles Add Walsh'. It referred to the West Coast Eagles Aussie Rules team employing an assistant coach called Phillip Walsh, but I thought 'typical Murdoch rubbish, only found out now about something which happened in 1975'!:laugh:

(Of course I didn't think that, but I knew I had to add it to this topic).

glenneaglesfan
09-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Good one, Fp!

Ticky, that's funny about your iPod 'echo'!

sodascouts
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
lol! That's a good one, FP!

Glennsallnighter
09-10-2008, 04:53 AM
That is an original FP. Great one. Of course you had to add it here!

Ticky! That was so cool about the ipod echo! I hope you got a smile from the other driver!!

LM That was nice for you to hear Don singing unexpectedly.

TimothyBFan
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
OK you guys---I am going to have a nervous breakdown within the next 2 weeks!!!! I have the radio on and Take It Easy just came on which of course reminded me what is happening soon and then I proceeded to break into tears!!! For the love of God!! Glad no one is here to have seen that. I am an emotional person by nature anyways but this is crazy! It's not like I have never been to a concert before (lots and lots of them!) Why am I being so emotional over something that I am so excited about, that I know will bring me such joy, and have waited so long for? I will need to be put in a padded cell AFTER the concert if I can hold it together long enough to even get there.

Brooke
09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Awwww, TBF. Hang in there girl. It's going to be awesome and you are going to love every minute.

I had similar feelings when I decided to go to a Don Henley meet & greet a few years ago. I know exactly how you feel. :hug:

sodascouts
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
TBF - relish the excitement of anticipation. Before long, the concert will be over, and you'll have to deal with Post-Eagles-Withdrawal (PEW). Make the most of it now!

glenneaglesfan
09-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh TBF, I am so with you; that's how I live half of my life - being pathetically pleased to hear them on the radio! Enjoy the anticipation - it will be good!

TimothyBFan
09-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Listening to the radio and just heard "Deacon Blue" by Steely Dan. Guess what I thought of? :hmm:

GlennLover
09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
My husband was reoganizing the sound system components the other night & was checking each one individually, playing them for a few seconds each. When he tested the radio hookup, Busy Being Fabulous had just started. I shouted at him to leave it on. It was the 1st time that I had heard it on the radio.

Glennsallnighter
09-12-2008, 05:16 PM
That was nice GL! I can play any Eagles song on cd at this stage but Its always great to hear them on the radio.

TBF, I know EXACTLY what (or who) you thought of!!

Mrs Henley
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
The email GA send me with a Glenn picture attach! :)

Wednesday I was walking to the train with a friend and when we arrived to the station I heard "Waiting In The Weeds" on the radio, well the first time I heard that song on the radio!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Last night hubby went to bed about 10 minute before I did. I logged into my local radio station and instead of choosing the 'Whats coming next' link I hit the 'Country mix TV' link by accident. Guess what was starting.....BBF video! What a nice surprise.

Hubby went racing into Lauras room. He thought her clock radio had activated by accident!

Mrs Henley
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Yesterday sended a friend a self-made poster of Don and this morning my mom said that I needed more Don, so she wants to buy some Don stuff for me. :)

ticky
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow Mrs H! you have to tell me how you managed that! I'd love it if my Mom or ANYONE bought me more Joe stuff. Most of the time all I hear is I have WAY too much Joe stuff (As if THATS possible! *G*)

Mrs Henley
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow Mrs H! you have to tell me how you managed that! I'd love it if my Mom or ANYONE bought me more Joe stuff. Most of the time all I hear is I have WAY too much Joe stuff (As if THATS possible! *G*)

You can never have too much stuff of those guys :heart:
I have no idea, she walked into my room (I think Don's BTPB poster and the Eagles HC poster did their work :heart:) and she said that I needed more Don stuff.

Maybe you can ask her very very very sweet, and explain why Joe is so great and why you need more stuff! :angel:

ticky
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Maybe you can ask her very very very sweet, and explain why Joe is so great and why you need more stuff! :angel:

heheh I'll just tell my husband "Sweety, I need more Joe stuff because he's hot and sexy and I want him!!" then I'll tell my Mom the same thing lol She's 73, she'll understand. *G* nahh.. I'll just keep buying it and adding to my shrine *G* but thanks! and enjoy the fact you're Mom appreciates your Don obsession. *G*

Mrs Henley
09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
You go girl! I think if you ask long enough, they will give you Joe! <3

Thanks, I really do! (now she can't say that I have to stop talking about Don)

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh and this picture reminds me of the Eagles:

http://www.universalmusic.nl/u_images/20080522095722.jpg

:inlove:

Freypower
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
That's a different pose. I wonder if it exists in a larger size?

Mrs Henley
09-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes me too, we will found that one someday!

I like the photo, specially with the effects and the pose they have.

Troubadour
09-26-2008, 08:21 AM
There's a block of flats that I pass on my way to work named "Eagle Court". I have an irrational desire to live there! I also passed some stables the other day named "Gleneagles" :cool:

I started a new job recently and there's a guy there named Don (it's not very common on young guys in the UK!) For the first few days, every time someone said his name, I had to suppress a grin. Sad, huh?

glenneaglesfan
09-26-2008, 09:53 AM
No, Troubadour, not sad at all! You have just got it bad like the rest of us! I've mentioned this before, but I go out of my way to shops on Glen Road and Eagle Road! Gleneagles - I love it!!

Troubadour
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
No, Troubadour, not sad at all! You have just got it bad like the rest of us! I've mentioned this before, but I go out of my way to shops on Glen Road and Eagle Road! Gleneagles - I love it!!

Haha, I love hearing things like that. The idea that women up and down the country might be planning their shopping trips around the Eagles is hilarious. (And makes me feel much more sane.) I've just thought of something else... There's a road we always travel down named Lovedon Lane. Of course, in my head it's Love Don lane. Now that is sad :lol:

Mrs Henley
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
And that's also not sad!
As long you can smile and fly away to the Eagles in your head everytime you hear "Don" and you read those signs. Hey, and Love Don Lane is gorgeous! :inlove:

There was a poster somewhere at college and the text said "You think you are a victim of love? maybe it's just a heartache for a night" I have no idea who made that poster, but I love that person! :applause:

And a friend of me lives in London and she saw two hotels named "Royal Eagle Hotel" and "California Hotel"(we called it now Hotel California), she called me and said "You never know who I saw and where they are staying!" of course I didn't know. She said "I saw the Eagles, they are very royal and they are staying in the Hotel California! Can you get it better?"

This summer I went with my parents to London and I suggested to booked at the California Hotel, but my mom said that she was afraid that I started "welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely place ..." everytime we walked into the hotel :lol:

EagleLady
09-26-2008, 12:06 PM
One High School's football team here is called The Eagles.

ticky
09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
If you wanna hear bad.... every morning my "cup o Joe" has a whollle new meaning *G*

OH and my husband went to EAGLEpoint highschool.. their marching band was called THE EAGLES!! (I married an EAGLE!) heheheheehe

Troubadour
09-27-2008, 11:55 AM
If you wanna hear bad.... every morning my "cup o Joe" has a whollle new meaning *G*

:rofl: Can't think of a better way to start the day!

Mrs Henley, that poster sounds fab! I would have giggled every time I walked past it.

Every time we drive to London, I always want to turn off at the junction for Henley...

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Oh yes, I always smile when I see the turn off to Henley! And I like the concept of Love Don Lane!

GlennLover
09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
I pass a building everyday on my way to work that has a big sign on the front that says "Eagle". It's a nice way to start a work day, even though the sign refers to the brand (not band :-() name of some type of machinery that they sell.

A headline at the top of the front page of yesterdays paper telling what was in the entertainment section said "'Eagle Eye' Opens". It was referring to the movie, but my "Eagle" eye went right to it. :laugh:

Troubadour
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I passed a Five Bridges Road today. A couple more bridges in the name and I'd have been house-hunting there.

Mrs Henley
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I got a call this afternoon and it started with "Welcome to the hotel california!"
a friend called.

Troub., let us know if you past the seventh bridge!
and I loved the poster, only it's gone now :(

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 02:54 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/360260462_e9051adfa7.jpg?v=0

TimothyBFan
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Cute MH!!!:)

We went to dinner with a bunch of friends last night before the ball game and my nephews girlfriend, who is a saleswoman, could hardly wait till I got sat down to tell me that she met a new client this week by the name of Don Henley!!!

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 06:17 PM

OH and my husband went to EAGLEpoint highschool.. their marching band was called THE EAGLES!! (I married an EAGLE!) heheheheehe

Wish I could say the same Ticky! Lol!

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/360260462_e9051adfa7.jpg?v=0

Love it MH! Where did you get it?

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
We went to dinner with a bunch of friends last night before the ball game and my nephews girlfriend, who is a saleswoman, could hardly wait till I got sat down to tell me that she met a new client this week by the name of Don Henley!!!

LOL TBF!! Thats great!

We have an insurance company here called 'Eagle Star', and today I saw a guy wearing a sports top with 'Henley' on it!

Mrs Henley
10-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Love it MH! Where did you get it?

Found it at Flickr...It's in Utah! :lol:

Mrs Henley
10-05-2008, 07:18 AM
TBF, that's great! Too fun!

I have a teacher at college who looks at Timothy if you see him from the back! Once we walked to the classroom and I said: "I Can't Tell You Why, but he looks like Mr. Timothy B. Schmit!" and he said: "Oh of the Eagles, not?"

We've got a Baseball/Softball team called: The Eagles.

And we've got this: Henley Alumni Association The Netherlands
Want to be there! :lol:

There is a Dr. D. Henley, a language pro.... Mwhahaha :angel: Should it be Don, Should it be? I HAS TO BE!

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Found it at Flickr...It's in Utah! :lol:

Oh Good! Utah! You can marry more than one person there, can't you :wink:

So if a few eagles just happened to be there.......

Troubadour
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
At our local bus stop there's a poster advertising a sports drink, and along the bottom it says ROCKY MOUNTAIN REFRESHMENT. Joe popped into my head straight away and I had to hide my smile :cool:

Oh, and I'm dosed up on painkillers this evening so of course, in my head, I'm in Glenn & Joe's Ibuprofen Gang!

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Oh Good! Utah! You can marry more than one person there, can't you :wink:

So if a few eagles just happened to be there.......

GA, you're so right! :angel:

TimothyBFan
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Just heard 2 in a row on my Itunes (Those Shoes and The Girl From Yesterday) and that reminded me of how I am going thru some serious Eagles withdrawls after the concert a week and a half ago. This is really bad!!! I need something "new" to keep me on the high I have been riding from the concert because "I think I'm gonna crash". Any ideas? Time to go thru the pics again!:-(

10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
This is really bad!!! I need something "new" to keep me on the high I have been riding from the concert because "I think I'm gonna crash". Any ideas? Time to go thru the pics again!:-(

Sorry tbf, but I can't resist this advice ...

Call the doctor, but you gotta pay him cash!

OR

You may want to find that highway that MH posted a picture of. :D

And OBTW - I hate to tell you this, but your PEW will probably last for awhile.

Mrs Henley
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with Dreamer, call the doctor! Dr. T. B. Schmit, make sure you will get him on the phone!

And you can find indeed that highway, I wanna do it (it's a really expensive journey but someday I will :lol:) We can go together!

Oh and don't forget: "Love Will Keep Us Alive!"

And now just a serious advice (if I ever can): just listen to all the Eagles songs you have and think of the great moment of the concert! and the pictures! :)

Freypower
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
My mother told me that an ancestor on my paternal grandmother's side lived in Henley St, Stratford-upon-Avon.

Now it was cool that I have a connection to Shakespeare's birthplace, and of course the Birthplace itself is actually in Henley St, so this man lived in the same street where Shakespeare was born. It's always been a bonus that it is called Henley St. Mary Arden, Shakespeare's mother, came from a village called Henley-in-Arden.

Yes, I have been there, as all Shakespeare aficionados try to get there at least once. (I've been to Stratford three times).

TimothyBFan
10-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Hubby just got home and told me he had something for me to stick on "the board", that during lunch he was listening to National Public Radio, The Diane Ream show, and they had Mike Tucker on talking about his new book called Operation Hotel California, supposedly about a military/CIA mission into Iraq that was suppose to last only 60 days and ended up being a year. Hence the name, because "you could check in but you can never check out".

Sad that my husband is even starting to find "little things that remind him of the Eagles" :hilarious:

Brooke
10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey, TBF, you are training him right! Good job! :thumbsup:

Today I noticed an address on a customer's check was Eagles Nest. Sounds like a good home to me! :nod:

eaglesvet
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Hubby just got home and told me he had something for me to stick on "the board", that during lunch he was listening to National Public Radio, The Diane Ream show, and they had Mike Tucker on talking about his new book called Operation Hotel California, supposedly about a military/CIA mission into Iraq that was suppose to last only 60 days and ended up being a year. Hence the name, because "you could check in but you can never check out".

Sad that my husband is even starting to find "little things that remind him of the Eagles" :hilarious:
Clever of the CIA to come up with that!

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM
What a hoot, TBF! Thank the hubby for spotting it. ;)

I bet the author had to get permission to use that title for his book - or maybe he just has to pay a fee?

DonFan
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I ran by the bookstore this afternoon and they were putting out new 2009 calendars. The 2009 Rolling Stone Calendar has the Eagles first Rolling Stone cover on one month, under the caption "Super Groups of the 70s." Pretty Cool!

ticky
10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
I'll run down and pick one up! (im getting tired of the kittens and puppies)

Mrs Henley
10-08-2008, 03:23 AM
I ran by the bookstore this afternoon and they were putting out new 2009 calendars. The 2009 Rolling Stone Calendar has the Eagles first Rolling Stone cover on one month, under the caption "Super Groups of the 70s." Pretty Cool!

Whaaa how cool! :D
I'm wishing they sale them here.. :(

glenneaglesfan
10-08-2008, 03:28 AM
I'll run down and pick one up! (im getting tired of the kittens and puppies)

Lol, ticky! That's exactly what I get for Christmas (and what do I really want?)
Cool about Smuggler's Blues coming up on your tv!

The Hotel California reference is clever.

Mrs Henley
10-08-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm now at college and a hour ago we had a class about Moodboards (I guess you all know what a Moodboard means.. or it means in The Netherlands something difference than in America :lol:) and after that we had to make one for ourselves and we put all some music up for the concentration and suddenly I heard "You Belong To The City" somewhere in the class. Glenn gave me an idea! and I'm finished with mine Moodboard and I've got approval for working it out! :mrgreen: . Glenn, thank you! :rofl: :D

And when I walked at the station this morning (8 AM...*yawn*) I heard "The Boys Of Summer", I wish it was summer, it's raining and raining. But Don and Glenn made my day! :mrgreen:

Oh, and I have to make a blow up of a logo (draw the logo on a A2 paper) and I didn't know something, but GA (thank you!) brought me to an idea.. making the blow up of the Eagles Farewell 1 cover, and if my teacher don't approve that, I will do their name (Eagles) and the Eagle. Yeah!

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Operation 'Hotel California' :thumbsup:. That sounds great! I guess its one that you can check out of but never leave!

DF, I hope you get a nice calendar. They have the 2009 ones here since June:hilarious:. AND all the shops have their Christmas sections open already! Pure madness IMHO!! Of course there is only one calendar I will have any interest in......or maybe 2!

MH, I'm delighted that Glenn :heart: will be part of your mood board and that Don could pretend to you that it was sommer.

Its quiet enough on the 'Eagles' front here at the moment......except that yesterday I saw a car registered ..... GF 7006.....:)

Mrs Henley
10-08-2008, 06:20 AM
GA, I love it! GF 7006...wondering what the 7006 means :lol: :)

Somebody is singing 'Hotel California' with a little dirty and naughty voice here, too funny :lol:

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
GA, I love it! GF 7006...wondering what the 7006 means :lol: :)

Probably the next date Glenn:heart: has planned for a solo gig in Dublin! :-(

ticky
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This is just some guy who HAPPENS to live in San Diego and HAPPENS to be named Joe Walsh, but it took me a while to figure that out *G* but then this close to bed time, Im not always the sharpest crayon in the box *G*
Project Joe Walsh (http://www.joewalshproject.com/)

Mrs Henley
10-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Probably the next date Glenn:heart: has planned for a solo gig in Dublin! :-(

Aaahw, no! Maybe a part of his telephone number? :)

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Much better suggestion MH!

We have a travel agent called 'Joe Walsh' over here!! I keep meaning to say that and Ticky's last post reminded me!

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, looking for the next numbers GA!

I think and hope that it would be a great travel agent! yeah!

Much better suggestion MH!

We have a travel agent called 'Joe Walsh' over here!! I keep meaning to say that and Ticky's last post reminded me!

Brooke
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Just read an article about Frey Farms-largest pumpkin producer in the nation! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2008, 04:25 PM
And on the subject of Pumpkins Brooke, I bought one with a 'use by' date of 6th November on it........

Now why does that remind me of the Eagles.......?? :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I should say you probably chose that pumpkin personally, GA!

Love the Frey Farms reference, Brooke!

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Absolutely GEF! And the soup I made from it was the best yet!!

ticky
10-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Ok, I wasnt quite sure where to put this, since it's not really anything that reminds me of the Eagles, but I was watching the Eagles 60 minutes video at the time so... Anyway, like I was saying I was watching the 60minutes video and the whole time theres a banner over it advertising Viagra!

thats just not right...

must be for Safer, Kroft and Rooney... they couldnt have meant it for our guys..

Freypower
10-24-2008, 07:53 PM
That brings to mind the Melbourne press conference:

Clueless reporter: 'Do you take Viagra'?
(silence)
Joe: 'Have you got some'?
Don: 'Are you from Fox'?
Glenn: 'Your time is UP'!

ticky
10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
LMAO!!

Do you think their responses would have been the same to "Do you snort Coke?" 20 years ago? LOL

That tells you so much about the three personalities doesn't it?

love it!!

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Haha OHMY!
I never heard that one before FP!

Glennsallnighter
10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Yes, that IS excellent FP!! And the boys are so funny in their answers.

Today we went to Belfast for the day. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw what lot hubby parked in! Simply GF!!

Later on coming home we were overtaken on the motorway by a car with Number plate:

GF 04 XHF

glenneaglesfan
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Fp, I love those Viagra responses!!

GA, sounds like a good day! I love the number plate game. Yesterday we called in at the recycling centre and pulled up behind a car with GLF at the end. Turns out it was a friend we haven't seen for ages! Do you think she'd mind if I suggesting swapping plates?:)

Troubadour
10-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I was on a training day today up in Reading... Guess what our conference room was called? The Henley Suite! I could barely contain my excitement!

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Fp, I love those Viagra responses!!

GA, sounds like a good day! I love the number plate game. Yesterday we called in at the recycling centre and pulled up behind a car with GLF at the end. Turns out it was a friend we haven't seen for ages! Do you think she'd mind if I suggesting swapping plates?:)

Great idea GEF!! I'd say she would be quite happy to!

sodascouts
10-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I was on a training day today up in Reading... Guess what our conference room was called? The Henley Suite! I could barely contain my excitement!

I would probably have gasped with delight! lol

glenneaglesfan
10-29-2008, 04:51 AM
The Henley Suite - love it!!

TimothyBFan
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I was doing a crossword puzzle last night and the clue was "Monterey-area golf course" which I knew was Pebble Beach so of course you all know who I thought of...

Brooke
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I watch DH, and missed that! Funny!

I did catch Russ Mitchell on the evening news last night say "That's all she wrote" in closing! Of course I thought of Don singing BBF!

Troubadour
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I passed Dalton Barracks today. Not as good as The Henley Suite, but it raised a smile.

glenneaglesfan
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
In the light of Lewis Hamilton's win, Life In The Fast Lane has been quoted quite frequently in today's press.:)

Now, I was watching Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday, and I swear one of the contestants, Tom, was wearing a 'big black crow' t-shirt during one of his rehearsals!

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I was watching a film called 'Spy Game' last night which used snippets of RMW through it and then used the entire song at the end for the credits.

Troubadour
11-23-2008, 07:49 PM
New York Minute was played on FRIENDS the other day. I also heard an advert on the radio for a local roadshow where "the country's no. 1 Eagles tribute band, Talon" are playing :shrug:

And a very old installment of Have I Got News For You gave me a (rude) chuckle yesterday as Angus Deayton cracked a joke about Sarah Ferguson "sitting on a Texan." I'm not even going there!

That's cool about Spy Game, Lisa. I nearly watched it but decided on What Lies Beneath at the last minute.

TimothyBFan
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
We just saw an advertisement for a show coming to one of the local theatres here called "Celtic Men". They show one of the men singing Desperado. Don't know how that will be in an Irish accent? :headscratch:

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
New York Minute was played on FRIENDS the other day. I also heard an advert on the radio for a local roadshow where "the country's no. 1 Eagles tribute band, Talon" are playing :shrug:

And a very old installment of Have I Got News For You gave me a (rude) chuckle yesterday as Angus Deayton cracked a joke about Sarah Ferguson "sitting on a Texan." I'm not even going there!

That's cool about Spy Game, Lisa. I nearly watched it but decided on What Lies Beneath at the last minute.

It was very good. You might be able to catch it again

TimothyBFan
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
The kids are watching Country Bears, which I have never seen all the way thru and have never seen the Don & Bonnie Raitt part. I just walked into the living room to check on them and caught it. Cute when Don says "they are better than the Eagles.":laugh:

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah I love that part of Bonnie and Don!

Yesterday one of my classmates asked me about the music I was listening to and I told him that it were the Eagles and he said: "Ooh doesn't they have a guitarist with long curly hair and a guitarist with blond hair and a glasses" (he mention it from HFO I guess), so he knew Timothy and Joe. It was funny to hear.

EagleLady
11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey Danielle! Long time no see

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi Elisa!

EagleLady
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
How are you doing? It's been a while since we talked.

sodascouts
11-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Perhaps you guys could catch up in chat or private messages. :)

EagleLady
11-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Great Idea, Thanks Soda

Mrs Henley
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Perhaps you guys could catch up in chat or private messages. :)

Do agree!

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
I couldn't find this thread the other day, so I posted this elsewhere--but I really wanted to mention it here. On my drive home from the Hershey, PA concert, there's a town on Rt. 78 in PA called Frystown. There's a rinky-dink Motel Frystown with a tiny sign saying "Budget Rates", and all I could think of was The Long Story! A few towns later was Fogelsville, which reminded me of Dan Fogelberg.

Peekaboo
12-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I've been reading a little bit everyday about Nancy's and the other's Pebble Beach stories and they are quite facinating. They were so greatly written that i feel like i was there myself.

I was having lunch with a friend today and she was telling me a story about her brother Glenn playing golf. I'm sure that i had this big dorky smile on my face because all i could think of was Glenn at Pebble Beach and Nancy and the girls' wonderful experience there.

Just Another Hired Hand
12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Driving home from work tonight, I was putting LROOE on the CD player just as I turned on to Old Eagle School Road. How cool is that?

12-02-2008, 01:14 AM
I've been reading a little bit everyday about Nancy's and the other's Pebble Beach stories and they are quite facinating. They were so greatly written that i feel like i was there myself.

I was having lunch with a friend today and she was telling me a story about her brother Glenn playing golf. I'm sure that i had this big dorky smile on my face because all i could think of was Glenn at Pebble Beach and Nancy and the girls' wonderful experience there.

Welcome to my world, PB! Sometimes I think about it a lot too. :wink: :wink:

Peekaboo
12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Welcome to my world, PB! Sometimes I think about it a lot too. :wink: :wink:

I hear ya, i often flashback to my favorite moments with the guys at the recent concerts in Sept. and Nov. The ones that most often replay in my mind are the roses with Glenn and then blowing a kiss to Don and getting one back from him. (SIGH)

Peekaboo
12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
One of my supervisors name is Glenn. And even though he looks absolutely nothing like him, I always giggle to myself everytime I see him.

Mrs Henley
12-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Too funny!
Actually you have to sing 'Take It Easy' when he's walking by, maybe he gets the clue :lol:

I was walking last week in the city and there were two boys of somewhere in the 20 and they looked like the young Don and Glenn, a friend and me where totally of earth when we saw them. And they just smiled and I think they were thinking: "Why are they almost drooling?" lol.

Troubadour
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I was walking last week in the city and there were two boys of somewhere in the 20 and they looked like the young Don and Glenn

I'm on the next flight to the Netherlands.

sodascouts
12-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Just saw a commercial for a Disney movie about a Zorro-type mouse named...

Despereaux. lol

eaglesvet
12-05-2008, 02:05 AM
The book that made that mouse famous is very popular among the 9-12 yr olds-- The Tale Of Despereaux, I think it's called. Her name is Kate DiCamille and she has a few other currently successful novels for that age group and slightly older.

Mrs Henley
12-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Sure Louise, you can stay with me :lol:

Hahaha amazing, Never heard of Despereaux

Peekaboo
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I wasn't actually sure of where to put this as it was a direct conversation about the Eagles but I guess i'll put it here anyway....some of you know that i work as a blackjack dealer, well last week i got to a table with an older gentleman. He was really nice and friendly. He was looking at my i.d. badge trying to figure out my name. I told him that my name is Jessica and he replied with "like the Allman Brothers song." "That's right" I said. I told him I liked that song but i'm much more of a fan of the Eagles. From that moment on it was all Eagles talk for the 20 minutes that I was dealing at that table. He was even tipping me every time that he won. He said that he hasn't heard the new album yet and I strongly recommended that he check it out. After I told him a little bit about the new songs he said that he was definitely going to buy the new album. I wish I could have customers like this guy at every table.

eaglesvet
12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Especially if they tip all time!

Today we were out Xmas shopping at a mall near where I grew up in Jersey, where I don't usually drive to anymore. For the first time, I noticed a exit sign for Two Bridges Road---it obviously has been there all along, it's just that I never realized that it was a little thing that was supposed to remind me of the Eagles till I joined the Border!!

Peekaboo
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Especially if they tip all time!

That would be great!! I made some good money off of that guy.

Troubadour
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Great story, Jess!

I went on about this last night in chat, but I've got to mention it here too... I was shopping yesterday for Christmas presents for my baby cousins, and I came across a children's book named Al's Garage (or something similar.) Anyway, I flicked to the second page and there was a fold-out garage named "Eagles Garage." Naturally, I grinned. THEN, I saw that one of the petrol pumps was labelled "Frey". The next was "Henley" and the third pump was "Walsh". I couldn't believe it! I completely freaked out in the middle of the shop.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
12-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I was sitting in AP History the other day and we were watching something the History Channel had made about somebody from early-america (i don't remember who i was half asleep) and all of a sudden Desperado. Almost everyone in my class turned around and looked at me. Then we all started singing and laughing. (the first cuple of lines were all that was played however we finished the song on our own)

AzEaglesFan
12-08-2008, 04:08 AM
I went to Wal Mart and found some blouses on sell for $5.00 so I couldn't pass them up, when I looked at the bill the blouses rang up as "Rib Henley". I checked and sure enough on the tag that was the type of blouse. I had never noticed it before.

Peekaboo
12-08-2008, 06:48 AM
I was sitting in AP History the other day and we were watching something the History Channel had made about somebody from early-america (i don't remember who i was half asleep) and all of a sudden Desperado. Almost everyone in my class turned around and looked at me. Then we all started singing and laughing. (the first cuple of lines were all that was played however we finished the song on our own)

Lol. The same thing happens to me at work. Everyone at work automatically looks at me to make sure that I hear it when the Eagles are on. I just look at them and smile. Of course I hear it. I hear it from the moment the song starts.

Peekaboo
12-08-2008, 06:53 AM
It seems like i've been having a lot of Eagles related moments at work lately. I was killing on one particular table tonight and when the table finally won a hand the customer to my left looked at me and said "Finally, I'm Livin' Right." I'm sure I had this big dorky smile on my face because all i could think of was Glenn being goofy in the Livin' Right video.

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
My mom bought a shirt for me with 'Henley' on it, it's a brand, so Don be my brand!

And today at school, a friend of me walked in and said: "You never know who I saw at the bus station!" And actually I could have to know what she wanted to say but I said sleepy "No, who?" And she yelled through the classroom: "DON HENLEY!" and the whole class looked and me and the teacher said: "He's going to pick you up after school Danielle". I turned out red!

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
It seems like i've been having a lot of Eagles related moments at work lately. I was killing on one particular table tonight and when the table finally won a hand the customer to my left looked at me and said "Finally, I'm Livin' Right." I'm sure I had this big dorky smile on my face because all i could think of was Glenn being goofy in the Livin' Right video.

Hahaha great Jess! :lol:

TimothyBFan
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
My brother in law is a retired Air Force Colonel and is now working for the United Nations and is living in Egypt for a couple of years. Him and his wife have a blog (she is still here in the states) to keep the family up to date on the goings on and I check it periodically. I was checking it this morning and he has pictures on there from a visit he made to an Air Force Museum in Israel last week. One of the planes he has pictured is called the F-15 Strike Eagle.

Why is it even something that trivial can make me think of one thing and one thing only?

eaglesvet
12-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Great story, Jess!

I went on about this last night in chat, but I've got to mention it here too... I was shopping yesterday for Christmas presents for my baby cousins, and I came across a children's book named Al's Garage (or something similar.) Anyway, I flicked to the second page and there was a fold-out garage named "Eagles Garage." Naturally, I grinned. THEN, I saw that one of the petrol pumps was labelled "Frey". The next was "Henley" and the third pump was "Walsh". I couldn't believe it! I completely freaked out in the middle of the shop.
I hope you bought the book...if not for your cousins, then for yourself!

TimothyBFan
12-09-2008, 09:42 AM

Lou, I want you to think long and hard about the name of that book--WHAT WAS IT????? I want this book bad!! That would be a great present for all of my kids I babysit for, they all know why I have periodically taken off this last few months to go see the Eagles! They would get a kick out of it. I have done a fast search for Al's Garage and came up with nothing. Please help me!!!!

Troubadour
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Unfortunately I was an idiot and didn't buy the book. (It was either the shock, or the fact that I was being practically manhandled out of the shop by my hungry - and embarrassed - sister.) I'm going to go to the same shop in my town, and hopefully they will have it. I'll also do a few searches on the net to try to remember the name, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment... I have a feeling it was a long-ish name, revolving around something like "Al's Garage" or "Al's Backyard". I promise I will do my best to find out!

ticky
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
GOod Lou, cuz I want a copy too!! LOL I have a feeling that this author's about to come into a windfall!!

12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Me too. I did some searching too, and couldn't come up with anything. And you are right, ticky. If the author of that book if smart, they will soon find us here, and introduce theirself to us. :wink:

sodascouts
12-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe Don Felder wrote it. Didn't he say he felt like he was pumping gas at Henley and Frey's station? lol!

I hope you find out the title. I'd like to know, too!

Peekaboo
12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Once again, while at work last night, I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "Do Something." I'm sure everybody here knows where my mind immediatly went.

Stars
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I work in a library, and today a book came in called "Rough Weather". Of course, I immediately thought of "Strange Weather"!:)
Then few days ago, it was a little chilly at work, so I asked if the heat was on. Someone put it on, and said "It's on now". I yelled, "The heat is on!" My co-worker did give me a strange look! :laugh:

EagleLady
12-13-2008, 07:37 PM
One of the clues on Pyramid was The Cheat is On :lol:

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
A couples of weeks ago, when my dad was still home, I took them out for lunch, and we passed one of the delivery vans from my local supermarket (20 miles away), numberplate ending GFO. I was so thrilled I waved at the driver - he must have thought I was barking mad! And when we arrived at the pub guess what was playing? The Heat Is On!

Just Another Hired Hand
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't know why, but every time I turn on to Eagle Road in Wayne, PA, I get the urge to put an Eagles cd in the player. Go figure.

sodascouts
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I was having a kind of lousy day today - first only finding crummy seats on Ticketmaster, then almost losing my blue tooth device for my phone (found it in some snow and ice), then running to the pharmacy and back, barely having time to stop by and get some food before I had to run back for an editing appointment....

And then, when I walked in the sandwich shop, I heard the opening strains of "Take It Easy" and broke into a smile, especially when a couple of those cute young sandwich makers started singing along as they worked. My spirits lifted right away and I thought, "THIS is why I love the Eagles."

Brooke
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
:nod: I know what you mean Soda! I'm glad you found your bluetooth thingy!

Today I took a check from a customer that had Eagle Arms on the first line of their address. I guess they have a business with this name. You can guess what I was thinking! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
12-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I remember you mentioning that book in chat a few weeks ago Troub. I haven't managed to find it though.

TBF, I'd say that heat was definitely on in your office!! I've given up saying that the heat is on a home. They ALL strike up with the song.

GEF that was sweet. I love looking at numberplates, and if I can make them Eagles related all the better!! That was certainly a nice coincidence.

PaB! I hope you 'did Something'

Soda! I'm delighted you found your Blue Tooth and managed to get your meds and food. Isn't it just amazing how our boys appeal to so many people, both young and old!

Now girls. As some of you know I was away in Budapest for a long weekend. I didn't expect to see anything Eagles related. When we got to the hotel I opened the courtesy magazine. The following add for (very expensive as I later realised) jewellry stared out at me.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/IMG00100.jpg

I'll leave you to your own thoughts :wink:

eaglesvet
12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't know how many of you other than Ticky have children, nieces, or nephews, in the 5- to 10-yr-old range or so...but if you do, you may be familiar with an extremely popular plush toy collection over the last few years called Webkinz. The key feature of these animals is that once the pet is "adopted", the child gets a special code # (unique to that individual pet) that allows it to be registered on the Webkinz website. In so doing, the child can register the pet's name and birthdate; can buy it a house furnish it; can feed it funky foods and clothe it in fun clothes; and can even get it a job to earn money to buy more fun things in Webkinz World. They can even arrange playdates with their friend's Webkinz, visible on both computers. Kids collect dozens of them! What a marketing genius!!

Anyway, the company rolls out new species of animals every few months, so now it seems there must be a hundred different types of Webkinz, each cuter than the next. My son Graham was looking at the website tonight, and read off the new ones released recently. Suddenly, he said, "Eagle," and he caught my attention. Here is the Christmas present for all the Border members who are hunting frantically for a book about Al's Eagles
Garage in vain!

Here is what the Webkinz site has to say about the Eagle: "Eagles are known for their bravery, strength, and bold attitude. Eagles are leaders and they like to help their friends. If you want a pet that will never let you down, be sure to adopt the enigmatic Eagle!"

The special food recommended for the Eagle is Flying Fish Fricasee. The special item that can be purchased for the Eagle is the Majestic Soaring Sofa (sounds like fun, huh?)

ticky
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Can I have the Majestic Soaring Sofa with the Eagle of my choice? :makeout:

eaglesvet
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Exactly what I was thinking!! When purchasing, you can choose any Eagle, and name him what you like!! So, go for it! Has your daughter gotten into these yet? She may be a hair too young, but not for long! They are pretty neat; and whoever came up with the concept was brillliant!

ticky
12-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Not yet, she's a little rough on her toys. She is getting a Hannah Montana play guitar this year!! OH and btw!! for anyone who has a Big Lots near them, they have VERY VERY nice Gibson Maestro junior guitars for $65.00!! I got one for my cousin to give her daughter. It was BEAUTIFUL! chrome tuners and all teak with mother of pearl inlay. AND Steel strings. It was gorgeous (I played with it before I handed it over *G*) If they have them there in a year or two I'll get one for Sarah. Right now, she'd distroy it *G*

They Also have the Gibson Flying V electric Junior that includes an amp! seriously cool!! (also $65.00)

TimothyBFan
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Here is what the Webkinz site has to say about the Eagle: "Eagles are known for their bravery, strength, and bold attitude. Eagles are leaders and they like to help their friends. If you want a pet that will never let you down, be sure to adopt the enigmatic Eagle!"

I want to adopt a "Timothy Eagle" pet that will never let me down and give me hours of playtime!!!:)

eaglesvet
12-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Actually, I was just thinking of this on my way home from walking Graham to school...we (or our kids/nieces/nephews/and I realized I left out grandkids yesterday) could all have a huge playdate if we all adopted new Eagles. It would be like a "Border Jr." get-together in cartoon-like computer graphics at one of our "Webkinz" houses. I'm sure Graham would love to lead it...he has at least 8 different pets the last time I looked. Unfortunately, he showed no interest in asking for an Eagle for Christmas, not realizing my ulterior motive. But the multitude of new Glenns, Timmys, Joes, and Dons could all meet and play with Icee the penguin, Sparks the cocker spaniel, Puddles the hippo....

Brooke
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
:laugh: Too cute!

I'll take two, a Glenn Frey and a Don Henley Eagle!

eaglesvet
12-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Of course, then we have to get into the French Frey and the Almanzo Henley...:oops: I mean Frank Frey...

TimothyBFan
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
And since this is little things that remind me---That reminds me, where are Almanzo and French and all the rest from the Long Story? Ticky has left us hanging a bit here. She must be busy but I wonder why, can't be the hectic season right? :)

eaglesvet
12-17-2008, 12:15 PM
I know...Ticky, we are calling from another thread...can you hear us?:pray:...The Long Story, please....more...more...more...

ticky
12-17-2008, 03:10 PM
LOL ~ well you caught me at a good time. Im freakin SNOWED IN! so I wont be GOING anywhere.. I'll work on it today, OK?

TimothyBFan
12-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Since Larry and I were both off today, we went up to the cafe around the corner for lunch. We live in a small town and everyone knows everyone etc. When we were sitting at our table, I could here the music in the kitchen playing and I heard How Long come on and I perked up and told Larry to listen. All of a sudden the door to the kitchen opened up and one of the waitresses came out and yelled "Willie, do you hear that?" I told her I sure did.
Is it bad when the whole town knows your obsession with The Eagles? :)

eaglesvet
12-19-2008, 09:34 PM
:lol: Sounds like Cheers...where everybody knows your name (and your game, in your case.)

sodascouts
12-20-2008, 01:09 AM
LOL Willie!

Today I went to Burger King and noticed that their french fry containers are now called FryPods. I laughed because that was what I called the iPod I gave PLS a couple years ago filled with Glenn and Eagles music!

eaglesvet
12-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I discovered today that Target in early afternoon is like Hotel California...I could check out, but I could never leave! No problem finding a parking space, the items I needed, a short cashier line...but once I wanted to leave the parking lot---it was another story!! Lanes of cars lined up like octopus tentacles, inching toward the exit onto the highway...it literally took me 20 minutes to travel the 100 yards (max) out of the parking lot. No joke!:stunned:

SweetHolly
12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I have the Endless Harmony soundtrack by the Beach Boys and there's a radio promo with Dennis and Brian. Dennis is saying he's the greatest drummer on the planet. Brian says that he wouldn't pay 2 cents to see Dennis and he asks Dennis when the show is and they say it's coming up One Of These Nights.

Peekaboo
12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I had another Eagles moment at work. A customer at my table decided to go all in on his best and as he pushed all of his chips in the betting circle, He said "Alright, I'm going to Take It To The Limit." I'm sure i had a big dorky smile on face when he said that but for the rest of the night i had that song stuck in my head but I didn't mind it one bit.

Mrs Henley
12-26-2008, 05:18 PM
My dad bought some Whisky and it called Glendronach (Scotch Whisky), he walked in with that bottle and I started to smile and sad that it would be a honour to drink a whisky with Glenn, he got it immediately and said that I wasn't allowed to drink any whisky with Glenn or Don (if you remove the r in Glendronach, you have GlenDONach..oh and put a second n at Glen).

Troubadour
12-26-2008, 05:23 PM
LOL Danielle. Your Dad's a spoilsport! ;) I buy Glen's vodka for the same reason.

This is off-topic, but I am IN LOVE with your new avatar.

Mrs Henley
12-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Glen's vodka, got to search that!
I never realized it, till I saw it.. The alcoholic drinks industry are loving the Eagles!

Thanks Louise, me too! I named it: PassionForSinging.jpg lol

Mrs Henley
12-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I had another Eagles moment at work. A customer at my table decided to go all in on his best and as he pushed all of his chips in the betting circle, He said "Alright, I'm going to Take It To The Limit." I'm sure i had a big dorky smile on face when he said that but for the rest of the night i had that song stuck in my head but I didn't mind it one bit.

Take It To The Limit is such a 'stay in your head' song! I'd believe it with pleasure that you didn't mind it!

Troubadour
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Glen's vodka, got to search that!
I never realized it, till I saw it.. The alcoholic drinks industry are loving the Eagles!

It's repaying them for all the years they kept it in business! ;)

Thanks Louise, me too! I named it: PassionForSinging.jpg lol

Good choice! Do you have a larger version of it? If so, could you PM me the link? I don't want to hijack the thread any further! Thanks!

Mrs Henley
12-26-2008, 05:39 PM
It's repaying them for all the years they kept it in business! ;)
I'd love to believe that!
And you will have a PM in a few seconds! :)

Brooke
12-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Last night I was watching 'The Family Man' with Nicolas Cage and his character, Jack, was trying to talk his wife in to moving to New York City. He said 'It's the center of the universe!'

Of course I thought of the song! Which I love!

TimothyBFan
12-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Last night we had some friends over after we all went out to dinner and my husband put on the radio. The Alice Cooper show came on- I don't know if you are all familiar with his syndicated show or not, but he really digs out some very obscure stuff sometimes. Anyways, about 15 minutes into the show, he said he had an Eagles tune coming up after the break. I couldn't believe it--he played Funky New Year! I don't believe I have ever heard it on the radio before. Pretty Cool!!!

Mrs Henley
12-31-2008, 05:29 PM
FP - I would believe it with pleasure that you immediately to the song thought!
Willie - Wow freaking cool! Funky New Year at the radio! I also never heard it!

Today was the final countdown of the TOP 2000 of one of our National radio stations, it was at the tv and I already knew that Hotel California was on #2, but I just walked in and my parents where watching it and on the moment I walked in Don started to sing ... I was in the middle of the room and I melt and sat on the ground. Oooohh what an evening!

Troubadour
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I saw a sign today stating "Linden Homes for Sale", which naturally reminded me of a certain delectable Texan...

EagleLady
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I saw a sign today stating "Linden Homes for Sale", which naturally reminded me of a certain delectable Texan...

That is too cool Lou.

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Ooooh Louise, lucky you girl!

Actually Rhonda reminded me of the Eagles,.. with her screen caps of Stephanie and me :lol:

sodascouts
01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm in Austin now, at my sister's, and on the way I passed a street called "Long Run"!

DonFan
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Soda, you have been travelling all over on this break--San Francisco, Austin--I am so jealous! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

Hubby and I watched the Sugar Bowl on TV last night and were disappointed that our team Alabama lost to Utah. However, I read an interview with University of Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain in the newspaper prior to the game, and the reporter asked him to name one surprising thing that he didn't know about Alabama head coach Nick Saban. His answer?
"How much he really enjoys music, especially the Eagles."

:thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-10-2009, 05:21 PM
However, I read an interview with University of Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain in the newspaper prior to the game, and the reporter asked him to name one surprising thing that he didn't know about Alabama head coach Nick Saban. His answer?
"How much he really enjoys music, especially the Eagles."
:thumbsup:

Interesting, this makes me wonder what other coaches or celebreties really enjoy Eagles music.

At work last night (seems like I always have Eagles moments at work), I was killing on one particular blackjack table and a customer said "I think hell will freeze over if we ever get to win a hand." I couldn't help but smile when he said that.

TimothyBFan
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
We were coming home from my Mom's today and listening to the football game on the radio. They played a Head & Shoulders shampoo commercial and in it the guy says " I wonder if the girl from yesterday still thinks about me?" Need I say more?

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I was thinking about my fellow Borderers yesterday because I just so happened to be wearing my On The Border t-shirt.

eaglesvet
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
We were coming home from my Mom's today and listening to the football game on the radio. They played a Head & Shoulders shampoo commercial and in it the guy says " I wonder if the girl from yesterday still thinks about me?" Need I say more?
If she's anything like these girls from the Border, she still does!

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 03:16 AM
I guess it was silly, but I couldn't resist taking a photo of that Long Run road sign!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/AustinLongRunRed.jpg

But - a more interesting photo - "The Hotel California" as seen in downtown San Francisco!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/SanFranciscoHCCrop.jpg

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Cool Soda!!

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Ooooh Louise, lucky you girl!

Actually Rhonda reminded me of the Eagles,.. with her screen caps of Stephanie and me :lol:

Did I miss these? Where were they posted? I don't remember seeing them.

Prettymaid
01-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Such a lovely place.

ticky
01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Did I miss these? Where were they posted? I don't remember seeing them.

Unfortunately I was on my Mother In Law's computer and only took a few screen caps when they were doing their Web cam thing. IF I'd had my own computer, there'd be more, but as it is, they're also all on MIL's computer. If they do another show sometime, I'll be sure and screen cap my lil heart out! (They were very impressive with costumes and everything!)

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
At work, so that the veterinary corp that owns us (and their 400+ other hospitals across the country) can monitor our Internet browsing during work hours--I'm assuming this is the reason--we have to log in on a screen called the Novell Border Manager. So I can think of you guys and the Eagles when I'm not supposed to be doing either, apparently... (No, it's not that bad...they haven't blocked this site yet, like they have MySpace and some others!)

Peekaboo
01-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Yesterday I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "I've Got Mine". I love seeing Eagley things when i'm out and about. Makes me smile. :-)

TimothyBFan
01-17-2009, 06:34 PM
There's another one of those words -"Eagley". We are going to have to start our own glossary or dictionary which includes Eagley, Eaglese etc...;)

Peekaboo
01-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't forget Borderers and Borderhood. ;)

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Borderer: A member of the esteemed online community known as The Border. The Border (also known affectionately by its members as the Borderhood) celebrates the multi-talented country-rock band the Eagles, as well as all things Eagley.

Borderhood: Insider's name for the group of online Eagles fans known as Borderers. May be abbreviated as " the 'Hood " when referring to a specific Borderer, as in "Cathy from the 'Hood."

Eaglese: Dialect of language written, spoken, and understood ONLY by Borderers and the Eagles. Often utilizes, but is not limited to, song titles and lyrics in everyday conversation.

Eagley: Adjective referring to all things of, by, and about the Eagles.

sodascouts
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
lol! Some more:

HS&G: Acronym standing for "Hot, Sexy, and Gorgeous." Used to describe an aesthetically pleasing photograph of a member or members of the Eagles.

PEW: Acronym standing for "Post-Eagles Withdrawl." Used to describe the feeling of depression after experiencing an awesome Eagles show. Involves daydreaming about said show with wistful sighs, attempting to re-live it through albums and DVDs, continuing to talk about how great it was long after the non-hardcores have ceased to care. Can substite single Eagle's name for the feeling post-solo shows: ie. PDW: "Post-Don Withdrawl," PGW: "Post-Glenn Withdrawl," etc.

Sugar: Endearment for Glenn. (I started calling him that a while ago - although I use it sparingly - but it caught on! No one has really come up with an endearment for the other guys that has stuck. Folks are welcome to get workin' on that! lol)

EagleLady
01-17-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll call Don King Daddy or Sugar Daddy

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Good ones, Soda!

On my first day here, I remember having to ask what HSG meant...I was pretty sure I knew, but didn't want to be wrong in case it meant something obscene! And I was positive that Ticky's *g* was an abbreviation for something obscene, but couldn't for the life of me figure what it might be. I had her pegged from the word "Go!" :nod:;)

*g* : abbreviation for grin. Can be used as a substitute for the emoticon :grin:.
Coined by Rhonda from the 'Hood, aka Ticky.

ticky
01-18-2009, 12:04 AM
hehe and dont forget freckle counters!!

(and *G* actually is terribly filthy and disgusting hahahaha I fooled you all!! *G*)

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Oh, is it supposed to be capitalized? sorry, I will edit if need be. It's up to you to define freckle counter in the usage in which it was intended!:nod:

ticky
01-18-2009, 01:20 AM
well *g* is a little grin and *G* is a big grin and *WEG* is a wicked evil grin and *BAG* is big a**ed grin (which is kinna funny, but these we used a long time ago on another chat site.. so I still use em a lot *G*)

and ...
Freckle Counting ~ Admiring, categorizing and comparing the physical attributes of Eagles and Eaglesque* individuals.

Freckle Counters ~ A Borderer who counts freckles on a regular basis (see definition above)

Eaglesque* ~ Having the desirable attributes of an Eagle.

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Good ones...I'm leaving all grins as defined above!

Peekaboo
01-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Now this is one of the reasons why I love this place. Not only do we get to chat about the guys and adore their music and their supreme hotness, we get to have a good time and have lots of laughs. I love the idea of a Border glossary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-18-2009, 11:24 AM
On my first day here, I remember having to ask what HSG meant...I was pretty sure I knew, but didn't want to be wrong in case it meant something obscene!

You're not alone in this EV. I'm gonna step up here and admit that i never knew what it meant till Soda just posted the meaning :blush:. I've always kinda had an idea of what it stood for but felt a little embarrassed to ask. I don't know why i didn't ever just ask what it meant. :shrug:

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
You're not alone in this EV. I'm gonna step up here and admit that i never knew what it meant till Soda just posted the meaning :blush:. I've always kinda had an idea of what it stood for but felt a little embarrassed to ask. I don't know why i didn't ever just ask what it meant. :shrug:
Oh, I've learned not to be embarrassed about anything, because I figure there's got to be some things each one of us knows that no one else does, right? :)

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
well *g* is a little grin and *G* is a big grin and *WEG* is a wicked evil grin and *BAG* is big a**ed grin (which is kinna funny, but these we used a long time ago on another chat site.. so I still use em a lot *G*)

and ...
Freckle Counting ~ Admiring, categorizing and comparing the physical attributes of Eagles and Eaglesque* individuals.

Freckle Counters ~ A Borderer who counts freckles on a regular basis (see definition above)

Eaglesque* ~ Having the desirable attributes of an Eagle.

Given that Freckle Counters make up the larger subset of The Border population, might we also be called known as The Sisterhood of the Traveling 'Band' ? (I'm hoping that this cultural reference is not lost on those of you who don't have/know preteens and teens...if so, let me know!)

01-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Okay EV - I'll raise my hand - I'm lost about your reference.

And as far as asking about things here, I hope no one would be embarrassed. I know it is normal for some people to be reluctant to ask about things, but it is not unusual for new people to have questions about things. After all, we were all new once and had to learn. I've been around awhile, and I know what's happening (more Eaglese), :wink: but, trust me, I'm still learning things. After all, that's part of why we're here in the first place - so, please don't be shy anyone - speak up and ask whatever you like. Y'all know the old saying - if you have a question about something, then chances are others do too. :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
There's an extremely popular book series (at least 4 volumes by now, I think) for girls of that age, where the first is called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I haven't read it since I have boys, but it's so popular that I've heard a lot about it. I think the 1st volume is about 4 teen-aged girl friends who spend a summer apart. To help them "weather" this, they share a pair of jeans--- each girl taking them for a period of time that summer, and then writing about the adventures she has wearing those jeans. Then she mails them off to the next friend, who does the same...hence, the 'traveling pants'. There was a movie of the same name a couple of years back starring America Ferraro ("Ugly Betty" fame) as one of the girls. The books in the series all use the words 'traveling pants' in the title, and thus far I think the girls are starting college in the latest volume. I'm thinkin' they're not in the very same pair of jeans, and that the adventures may be a lot dicier!

Dreamer, your niece Eaglette may be of the age where the first volume is right up her alley, depending on her reading level. Look it up at the bookstore, but double check with the clerk that I am correct on the age-appropriateness of the subject matter...if you get my drift. I'm pretty sure I am.

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Some more Eaglese

My poor innocent hubby hasn't a clue what I really mean when I suggest having a FR(E)Y for breakfast.........(Now that is something I would LOVE to do!!)

Not to mention after a night on the internet when my brain is FREYED!!

I guess you all know MY favourite weekday........ FREYDAY!!

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 06:12 PM
So with my reference in my post about The Eagles and us Freckle Counters, it follows that I must be suggesting the following:

We all pick an Eagle, use him for a period of time to have some adventures that we can write about, and then send him along to another Borderer for her to do the same. Sounds like a great way to promote better literacy in our circle, don't you think? A new twist on the neighborhood book club! And with there being 4 Eagles (6 if you want to add Steuart and Will to the mix, which would be fine with me), we could make this last far longer than just one season--by the time we send each of them around to each of us! And they thought their World Tour was exhausting!

(I have to admit that when I added the one sentence about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Band to Ticky's post, I had no idea that I would be taking it to this complete plan...but I am sooo glad that Dreamer asked for an explanation!)

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 06:15 PM
GAN, I never thought about FREYDAY...good one!

Peekaboo
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok guys, gals, borderers (right hand raised) I vow to never be embarrassed to ask a question. I trust that my fellow Borderers will be there to answer any question that i may have without judgement.

Freypower
01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
lol! Some more:

HS&G: Acronym standing for "Hot, Sexy, and Gorgeous." Used to describe an aesthetically pleasing photograph of a member or members of the Eagles.

PEW: Acronym standing for "Post-Eagles Withdrawl." Used to describe the feeling of depression after experiencing an awesome Eagles show. Involves daydreaming about said show with wistful sighs, attempting to re-live it through albums and DVDs, continuing to talk about how great it was long after the non-hardcores have ceased to care. Can substite single Eagle's name for the feeling post-solo shows: ie. PDW: "Post-Don Withdrawl," PGW: "Post-Glenn Withdrawl," etc.

Sugar: Endearment for Glenn. (I started calling him that a while ago - although I use it sparingly - but it caught on! No one has really come up with an endearment for the other guys that has stuck. Folks are welcome to get workin' on that! lol)

I don't use 'Sugar'. I know some people like it, but it never appealed to me.

The term 'Glenn's Angels' was used by the lucky people who met him at Pebble Beach.

I have my own 'private' quotations and sayings that sometimes appear in my signatures - a perfect example appears below. :nahnah:

Prettymaid
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
And they thought their World Tour was exhausting!

:hilarious::lol:

TimothyBFan
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry, but I cannot pass on my certain Eagle of choice! :oops: I'm afraid he might be broken by the time I should send him on! :)

Mrs Henley
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately I was on my Mother In Law's computer and only took a few screen caps when they were doing their Web cam thing. IF I'd had my own computer, there'd be more, but as it is, they're also all on MIL's computer. If they do another show sometime, I'll be sure and screen cap my lil heart out! (They were very impressive with costumes and everything!)

Hurray Rhonda, thank God you didn't post them! :lol:
It was a lot of fun that was sure!
Maybe in February again Rhonda :)

TimothyBFan
01-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Last night we were finally relaxing, I with a book and Larry was flipping channels, he stopped on something (I do not remember what show it was) and the guy says "Shakespeare said it right, kill all the lawyers". So of course, I start singing " Old Billy was right, lets kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight." Larry looked at me and started laughing. I said "you know, William Shakespeare, Billy!"... I love this part... Larry says "those Eagles really are smart guys aren't they?" :hilarious: Well duh!!!

eaglesvet
01-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I am rusty on my Shakespeare, so I never thought of this at all! Way cool...Don writes some of the most intelligent lyrics ever!

eaglesvet
01-21-2009, 08:34 AM
One quick Inaugural Eagles-worthy note: the "village" of porta-potties on the Mall in DC were called Don's Johns! :hilarious:

01-21-2009, 12:58 PM
TBF - I was also always curious about that line in Get Over It so I did a web search a few years ago, and had my memory 'refreshed' that the line was from Shakespeare. Too cool!

And ev - I agree that Don writes incredibly intelligent lyrics. However, I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that we can automatically attribute the line in the song to him. Just an observation, but Glenn co-wrote the song with Don and I don't ever remember reading that Don wrote all the lyrics. Actually, I always got the impression from the HFO DVD that Glenn contributed to the lyrics in the segment where Don is writing down the lyrics as Glenn recites them. I was just curious if you had read/heard this somewhere or were you just making an assumption about this?

EagleLady
01-21-2009, 01:01 PM
TBF - I was also always curious about that line in Get Over It so I did a web search a few years ago, and had my memory 'refreshed' that the line was from Shakespeare. Too cool!

And ev - I agree that Don writes incredibly intelligent lyrics. However, I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that we can automatically attribute the line in the song to him. Just an observation, but Glenn co-wrote the song with Don and I don't ever remember reading that Don wrote all the lyrics. Actually, I always got the impression from the HFO DVD that Glenn contributed to the lyrics in the segment where Don is writing down the lyrics as Glenn recites them.

But we can't automatically attribute the lyric to Glenn.

01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I didn't.

EagleLady
01-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Not trying to offend anybody.

01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, maybe it would help if you would take a few minutes to try to read people's posts a bit more carefully, rather than being so quick to respond to virtually every post. When people jump to the gun so quickly just to respond to someone, it can cause them to draw the wrong conclusion about what they mean. :)

EagleLady
01-21-2009, 01:15 PM
:oops:

TimothyBFan
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
:fear: Geesh, sorry I brought it up! :hilarious:

Seriously tho, Dreamer, I'm glad to hear that you did research it and that it is correct. I knew the line from King Henry VI and I guess I always just assumed that was what Glenn/Don (or Don/Glenn) were referring to. I'm smarter than I thought and my literature teachers would all be glad to hear I did retain something! :nahnah:

01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
TBF - first of all, please don't apologize for bringing up an interesting topic. It was several years ago when l looked it up, and I had forgotten which play the line is from until you mentioned it. As with many of the Eagles lyrics, the line may have more than one interpretation or meaning. The reason I researched it in the first place is because I originally had no idea what the line referred to.

01-21-2009, 02:11 PM
There's an extremely popular book series (at least 4 volumes by now, I think) for girls of that age, where the first is called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I haven't read it since I have boys, but it's so popular that I've heard a lot about it. I think the 1st volume is about 4 teen-aged girl friends who spend a summer apart. To help them "weather" this, they share a pair of jeans--- each girl taking them for a period of time that summer, and then writing about the adventures she has wearing those jeans. Then she mails them off to the next friend, who does the same...hence, the 'traveling pants'. There was a movie of the same name a couple of years back starring America Ferraro ("Ugly Betty" fame) as one of the girls. The books in the series all use the words 'traveling pants' in the title, and thus far I think the girls are starting college in the latest volume. I'm thinkin' they're not in the very same pair of jeans, and that the adventures may be a lot dicier!

Dreamer, your niece Eaglette may be of the age where the first volume is right up her alley, depending on her reading level. Look it up at the bookstore, but double check with the clerk that I am correct on the age-appropriateness of the subject matter...if you get my drift. I'm pretty sure I am.

ev - thanks for this explanation. Sorry, it took so long to respond, but I haven't been on the board much in the last day or so. Anyway, this sounds like a great series for young girls. My bet is that you are right, and Eaglette already knows about the books and movie. I guess 'Aunt Dreamer's' Eagle addiction is preventing me from keeping pace. :wink: :lol:

eaglesvet
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Dreamer, Back to Shakespeare...Total Assumption on my part, and I apologize to Glenn (wish I could do so in person) if he indeed remembered his English Lit better than I did! I was in a rush this am, but it did cross my mind as I posted, "Gee, it sure sounds like a line Don would write!" , but I didn't stop to double check for co-writing...my bad! I'll always remember that Odd Couple episode when Felix and Oscar discuss that one should never assume...you make an 'arse' out of u and me! (Well, that's a bit harsh for this instance, but I just wanted to bring up that episode.)

Freypower
01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
This is very interesting.

Glenn used the line 'Brave New World' as the title of a song from Strange Weather. It is originally from Shakespeare's The Tempest but Aldous Huxley also used it as the title of a book. I have no idea where Glenn took the line. I do agree with Dreamer that just because there is a literary allusion in an Eagles lyric does not necessarily mean that Don wrote it. To me Get Over It is one of their 'real' collaborations both lyrically and musically. Glenn described them as sitting there throwing couplets back and forth.

Regardless, as a Shakespeare buff, this is one of my favourite Eagles lines ever. As for Brave New World, I think I might use my signature based on it next week....

SweetHolly
01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
When I had to go to the Apple Store at North Park a couple of weeks ago, I had to take the bus and it took me four long hours to get there. I hate the public transportation in Dallas. I found this sign at the train station.
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/SweetHolly1310/platinum.jpg

There's also a Linden Street close to where I live.
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/SweetHolly1310/Linden.jpg

Brooke
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Cool signs, SH! Kudos on having your camera handy!

01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Dreamer, Back to Shakespeare...Total Assumption on my part, and I apologize to Glenn (wish I could do so in person) if he indeed remembered his English.

ev - thanks for your clarification, and I'm sure if you set up a meeting and are real sweet to Glenn that he will forgive you. :wink: As a certified Eagles addict (see Eagles forum), I'd love to know who wrote every line in every song. I believe that both Don and Glenn are avid readers, so I'd bet that their lyrics are influenced quite a bit by things they read.

Cool pics, SH.

Peekaboo
01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I passed by a street near my Aunt's house yesterday that was called Glenn Ave. I wanted so bad to stop and take a picture of it but I was late to where I needed to go.

SweetHolly
01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Cool pics, SH.

Cool signs, SH! Kudos on having your camera handy!

Thanks. I always take my camera with me. I never know when I'll find a good photo op.

Brooke
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I got a new catalog in the mail yesterday and was looking through it when I came upon this:

THE HENLEY YOU LOVE.

Known and loved for relaxed nature and easy-going attitude, the henley returns better than ever this spring. Blah, blah, blah....then ages with enviable grace.

I'm sure you know who I thought of, but I don't know if he's ever relaxed or easy-going!

Hint:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Henley/don-last-resort-1.jpg

Henley in a henley! :nod:

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm sure I could get Don to relax :twisted:

Mrs Henley
01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
I think I love that catalog Brooke!

I checked out my email and received an email from a friend with the subject: Tequila sunrise a.s. zondag in Groningen. (means: Tequila sunrise this Sunday in Groningen) hahaha I immediately thought of the song.

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Going to visit my parents we pass a road called 'Glendown Road'. Laura insists on calling it 'Glenndon Road!!'

In the shops the other day a mother had put her baby in his rock a tot on the counter while she paid for her groceries. he was a very cute little boy and sported a lovely blue blanket with the name Glenn on it. Looks like his mom has taste!!

Mrs Henley
01-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Awe, his mom really has a good taste!

GlennLover
01-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I was in Pier 1 today & Joni Mitchell's song "Help Me" started playing. It wasn't Joni's version but I came out of the store grinning, because we all know who that song is about :nahnah:.

Mrs Henley
01-26-2009, 05:06 AM
I saw yesterday a preview for Desperate Housewives and I heard "dirty little secrets" guess off who I was thinking :blush:

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I was in Pier 1 today & Joni Mitchell's song "Help Me" started playing. It wasn't Joni's version but I came out of the store grinning, because we all know who that song is about :nahnah:.

Yes indeed! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2009, 10:17 AM
I saw yesterday a preview for Desperate Housewives and I heard "dirty little secrets" guess off who I was thinking :blush:

Of course most of you would know that Dana Delaney plays 'Katherine' and that Dana dated Don (Henley) at one stage

Mrs Henley
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Of course most of you would know that Dana Delaney plays 'Katherine' and that Dana dated Don (Henley) at one stage

Yep I do know that.
I wish I could date Don, sigh

ticky
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I was just doing some work on my OTHER hobby/Obsession which is genealogical research and I was looking for Oregon pioneer burial sites when I cam across this...

http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/Postcard.jpg

Stopped me for a moment! *G* hmmm.. I wonder if I could find that mausoleum.... *G*

EagleLady
01-26-2009, 11:44 PM
As I was putting some Data Input into the computer at work, I came upon the last name of Henley. Guess who I immediately thought of 8)

Peekaboo
01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
I finally got the chance to stop and take a picture of this street sign near my Aunt's house. Isn't it funny how something as small and simple as a street sign can put the biggest smile on your face?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/CIMG2969.jpg

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
That could also read 'ST Glenn' as in Saint Glenn!!

I came across a road today called 'Aspen Wood'. Now guess who that made me think about???

Troubadour
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Saint Glenn? Wow, they're really easing up on the criteria nowadays... ;)

I walked into the office at work the other day to find the manager discussing the weekend he had planned in Henley (I still haven't been, but I often see the road sign and have an irrational urge to turn off the motorway.)

Also, one of the service users has taken to wearing his Dallas Cowboys jacket a lot, which always makes me think of '70s Don in his blue Cowboys jersey. Yum!

ticky
01-31-2009, 12:21 AM
There's a whole line of sporting goods stores here that used to be called G.I. Joe's but they dropped the G.I. recently, now it's just called Joe's *G* I really like that place.

Also, my MIL wrapped one of my Xmas presents this year in a recycled box that had "GLENN'S" written on the side. I thought that was pretty thoughtful of him to let her use his box *G*

eaglesvet
02-01-2009, 12:55 AM
It really was!:hilarious:

Maleah
02-02-2009, 01:42 AM
I was browsing through a sports store today and they had a rack of street signs as pictured below - I think I had the wrong idea ;)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/0706081512.jpg

eaglesvet
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I think The Border is in Eagles Territory, no? :nod: