PDA

View Full Version : Glenn at Sydney Opera House Mar. 1 and Mar. 2 (changed from Feb. 28)

whitcap
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Looks like he's coming to Australia next year :)
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GLENNFRE12#.UGjQnk1ZVCp

Freypower
09-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you whitcap.

Now I have a few things to do & have nothing further to say except I've had problems with pre-sale tickets & wonder should I wait for the general sale?!

:woah::fainting::jawdrop:

sodascouts
09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh my gosh!! So happy for you FP! I know how long you thought this day would never come, and here it is!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-30-2012, 07:35 PM
FP, this is so cool!! I am so happy for you!

I get what you mean about presale tickets. Not sure how it works there, or what the risk is of eating a ticket, but I've bought presale tickets here and then either 'turned them back in' for a refund (I did that for the DC show) or sold them via a resale site.

timfan
09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Looks like the dates you've been waiting for FP are finally happening!! Couldn't be happier or more excited for you!! :applause::blueblob:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Wonderful FP! I'm so happy for you and all of Glenn's other Aussie fans! :applause:

Freypower
10-01-2012, 01:11 AM
FP, this is so cool!! I am so happy for you!

I get what you mean about presale tickets. Not sure how it works there, or what the risk is of eating a ticket, but I've bought presale tickets here and then either 'turned them back in' for a refund (I did that for the DC show) or sold them via a resale site.

When I have done presale here, although I am near the front I tend to be over on the far left (I was lucky with Fleetwood Mac because I was able to rush to centre stage with everyone else). So I think I will go with general sale. Thanks to everyone for their comments on this. I will tell you later about the sort of week I have had thinking about this.

TimothyBFan
10-01-2012, 07:42 AM
I am sooooo happy he's heading to Australia!!! How exciting for you FP!!!

GlennLover
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm absolutely thrilled for you, FP!!! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm thrilled for you too FP. Pity I can't join you for my birthday! 2/28!

Henley Honey
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
FP, I am Sooooo very happy for you. How many shows do you think you'll make? I hope it all works out well for you and that you get great seats to the shows of your choice.

Brooke
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Of course, when I saw this I thought of you, Julie! I'm so happy for you! Good luck getting tickets! :partytime:

Freypower
10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
FP, I am Sooooo very happy for you. How many shows do you think you'll make? I hope it all works out well for you and that you get great seats to the shows of your choice.

See Brisbane thread. I don't know if a general topic should be started for this. I might do that because I have a few thoughts to share about it.

Freypower
10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, I did the pre-sale. I got Row D for the first night, and Row B for the second night, in the centre. I'm pretty happy; also the seats weren't as expensive as I expected.

:blueblob: :cheers: :inlove::spin:

10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
:yay: Very well done, Julie!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Well, I did the pre-sale. I got Row D for the first night, and Row B for the second night, in the centre. I'm pretty happy; also the seats weren't as expensive as I expected.

:blueblob: :cheers: :inlove::spin:

WooHoo!! Close enough to blow him a kiss or two from me!!

Seriously, FP, good seats! All Glenn all the time at close range is a very good thing.

Prettymaid
10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Wonderful, Julie!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Wow great seats . Have a wonderful time.:blueblob:

GlennLover
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
That's wonderful, Julie! :nod: :spin: :blueblob:

prayfordaylight
10-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Nice work! I'm envious of you getting to see him in such a spectacular venue!

Brooke
10-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Congrats on getting such great seats Julie! I'm so happy for you!

Freypower
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
The 28/2 (er, February 28 ) date has been changed to Saturday March 2. I had to ring Ticketek & ask for a relocation. I will have the same seat. They say they will send me a new ticket.

So GA, it's not on your birthday after all.

First the Brisbane change of venue, now this. I wish he had used a bigger promoter.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
FP, did I make the title match the dates correctly?

Freypower
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes you did VA, thank you.

Freypower
11-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I had to ring Ticketek back because it turned out they weren't supposed to guarantee the same seat for the new night. So they managed to get me C16, which is a bit off to the right, but one row further forward.

Quite frankly the sooner the worrying is over & I can just look forward to it the better. I haven't even thought about getting to Brisbane and Melbourne yet. :singer:

(and of course the people at Ticketek don't know how to say his name)....

TimothyBFan
11-13-2012, 09:55 AM
The 28/2 (er, February 28 )

First the Brisbane change of venue, now this. I wish he had used a bigger promoter.

Do we know why the dates are being changed? Just venue conflicts? I'm just glad the changes haven't completely messed up any plans you may have had beside these shows.

GlennLover
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, FP. I hope they don't make anymore changes. You don't need that didtress. We dodn't want anything disrupting our plans when Glenn is involved!

Freypower
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Do we know why the dates are being changed? Just venue conflicts? I'm just glad the changes haven't completely messed up any plans you may have had beside these shows.

The reason given was a 'scheduling conflict' but when I asked th guy at Ticketek if he knew why, given that I originally booked six weeks ago, he said he 'didn't have that information'. I didn't even bother trying to find out why the Brisbane venue changed.

Glennsallnighter
11-13-2012, 07:31 PM
The 28/2 (er, February 28 ) date has been changed to Saturday March 2. I had to ring Ticketek & ask for a relocation. I will have the same seat. They say they will send me a new ticket.

So GA, it's not on your birthday after all.

OK, thats kinda a relief. A few people knew that I had been seriously considering going, but recent developments on the domestic front mean that it will probably not be possible after all. Its easier to think that I will NOT be missing him playing on my birthday.

Julie, I hope too that you do not have any further changes. It makes things rather unsettling when you have to keep changing arrangements.

sodascouts
02-27-2013, 08:00 AM
I was thinking about being crazy and going to the Saturday show but the flight alone is $1900 and there's no front row available. :(

VAisForEagleLovers
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Actually, when these shows were first announced, a long time ago when it comes to booking an airline ticket, it was $1500 from here. Of course, you're closer, but comparatively, $1900 isn't too bad!

Brooke
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Fp, I still think you should take Glenn some flowers to throw to him after the show. With a note telling him all about yourself. If you held them up, I think he would come and take them from you! Maybe you would get another kiss! :partytime:

Freypower
02-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Fp, I still think you should take Glenn some flowers to throw to him after the show. With a note telling him all about yourself. If you held them up, I think he would come and take them from you! Maybe you would get another kiss! :partytime:

Brooke, I'm not like that. I think Glenn knows very well who I am now.

Soda, I wish you could have come. What can I say?

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I was thinking about being crazy and going to the Saturday show but the flight alone is $1900 and there's no front row available. :(

Both of us had actually been trying to do it like we did LA. I tried so many flight permutations and would have taken a risk on time off work. But I just couldn't crunch it. Unfortunately.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
fp why does GF know who you are NOW?

Freypower
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
fp why does GF know who you are NOW?

What I meant was there is no need for me to draw attention to myself because he has known who I was since December 2010. The only question is whether he is expecting me to be at the Sydney shows or not. The point is if he does see me he will know me.

zeldabjr
02-28-2013, 12:22 AM
yeah I'd say he knows who she is alright!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
WooHoo, FP! Tonight and tomorrow night! For you, anyway. Have fun!!!! :partytime:

Freypower
02-28-2013, 05:29 PM
It is pouring with rain. It's going to be fun going out & getting the train & walking to & from the station in the rain.

Welcome to sunny Sydney, Glenn! :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
It is pouring with rain. It's going to be fun going out & getting the train & walking to & from the station in the rain.

Welcome to sunny Sydney, Glenn! :partytime:

Ha! It must be us. This is how it was when he played in DC. I got soaking wet and I parked in a garage right across the street.

sodascouts
02-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Well, I guess it's for the best it didn't work out for GA and me. It's midterms and I have a lot of grading to do by Monday...

Yes, I'll spend today, tomorrow, and the weekend grading. Gosh, my life sucks sometimes. But not always. ;)

At least I'll have more money in the kitty for concerts when he comes back to the U.S.

More power to you, FP, and have a wonderful time! I'll live vicariously through you and your awesome experiences.

Freypower
02-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Well, I guess it's for the best it didn't work out for GA and me. It's midterms and I have a lot of grading to do by Monday...

Yes, I'll spend today, tomorrow, and the weekend grading. Gosh, my life sucks sometimes. But not always. ;)

At least I'll have more money in the kitty for concerts when he comes back to the U.S.

More power to you, FP, and have a wonderful time! I'll live vicariously through you and your awesome experiences.

Thank you Soda. I need to try & write more detailed, less impressionistic reviews.

Glennsallnighter
02-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm doing a sinful amount of marking too! I'll put the makings in the kitty for a different trip hopefully!

Sorry you couldn't make it either Soda.

FP, hope the rain eases! Have a wondeful weekend!! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Hope you have another awesome show, FP. And yeah - I've got so much going on at work right now that I couldn't even consider a trip to Australia. I'm still crossing my fingers that he'll schedule some more solo shows in the states, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-28-2013, 10:27 PM
have a blast and enjoy the wonder of gf.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Glenn was either just on or will be on Sydney's 2GB radio station, I can't tell by the tweet.

http://www.2gb.com/shows/sydney-live-ben-fordham?option=com_homepage&id=63&Itemid=259

VAisForEagleLovers
03-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Here is the direct link to the interview.

http://www.2gb.com/article/glenn-frey

Outlawman13
03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
OHHHH my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it Easy was the song when I turned it on. I wish I could go down to Austrailia. *cry* I love that man's voice (speaking and singing). God those lucky people who can see him in concert.