PDA

View Full Version : Glenn at Queensland Performing Arts Center (QPAC), Brisbane Australia Feb. 21, 2013

VAisForEagleLovers
09-30-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/773883/Glenn_Frey_Eagles_After_Hours_Australian_Tour?even t_id=794230

Freypower
10-01-2012, 01:09 AM
OK, the link for that worked. Although this is a Thursday night, I will probably go to this. There are also two shows in New Zealand after the Australian tour, it says.

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Good look getting tickets for this one FP! I'm delighted for you that Glenn :heart: is finally getting 'down unda'. February and March will be a wonderful time for you.

Now, when we were kids we were always told that if you dug the garden deep enough you'd eventually reach ..... Australia!

Wheres that shovel gone............ I have 5 months to dig........

Freypower
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
GA, I shouldn't say so, but I wish you could come.

I think I wll be going to Brisbane, Melbourne & the two Sydney shows of course.

Freypower
10-02-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm starting to get concerned about the Brisbane show. Ticketek is not selling it. Neither is Ticketmaster. Who is?

zeldabjr
10-02-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm starting to get concerned about the Brisbane show. Ticketek is not selling it. Neither is Ticketmaster. Who is?

Is there a phone number available for the venue...maybe try calling them directly?

Freypower
10-02-2012, 02:04 AM
I have sent the venue an enquiry. It isn't even listed on their own website.

zeldabjr
10-02-2012, 03:10 AM
I have sent the venue an enquiry. It isn't even listed on their own website.

that is odd..but the one place I saw Timothy at this summer...his name didn't appear on their website until one month before the concert...so maybe it is the same kind of thing...I sent an email to this place too asking why his name isn't listed as being there on 6/6...and I never got a response!...Hope you have better luck FP!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Good luck, FP! I know it's not bad info, he mentioned playing there on the 21st during one of the interviews yesterday!

ETA: FP, I just listened to the radio interview I posted again. At the end of the interview, they give a phone number to call for tickets.

Freypower
10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
The enquiry to the venue said just to keep checking Ticketek.

Freypower
10-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Which I did, and although I cannot find a seating map I have row AA in Section 17, and I think that is the front row.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Which I did, and although I cannot find a seating map I have row AA in Section 17, and I think that is the front row.

Yay!! :blueblob:

GlennLover
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Front row!!! Way to go, Julie! :yay::yay::yay: Wish I could be there with you!

Freypower
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
It is front row centre. I got to see the seating chart via Facebook.

GlennLover
10-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Right on! Glad to hear that it is confirmed!!!! :blueblob:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
How can you even sit and type? I'd be bouncing off of walls!!!!!! Maybe you already did that...

sodascouts
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
FABULOUS!!!!!

:blueblob::blueblob::blueblob:

Prettymaid
10-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Way to go, Julie!

Freypower
10-02-2012, 09:25 PM
How can you even sit and type? I'd be bouncing off of walls!!!!!! Maybe you already did that...

Oh well, you know, laconic Aussie & all that.....

:rofl::shy: :drunk:

zeldabjr
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
so excited for you FP!

EaglesKiwi
10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
I am. Australia! And NEW ZEALAND!!!

See what happens when I stay away from the board for a couple of days? (last time I did that Glenn announced his first After Hours dates, and the time before was his Niagara Falls concerts!! :rofl:).

I was just thinking this morning that the refund from my George Michael tickets (his Australian show was cancelled on Sunday) could go into my Eagles concert fund... woohoo!

Much thinking to be do and waiting to hear dates and locations for New Zealand. Needless to say, there's one very excited Kiwi here. :blueblob:

sodascouts
10-03-2012, 08:21 AM
I bet! This is going to be great!!

Brooke
10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Julie, front row! Awesome! :thumbsup:

EK, wonderful news for you, too! I'm sure you are so excited!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
glenn was great when we saw After Hours in MAy..I am so happy that his fans on the other side of the world get to see him too.:partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Way to go on getting that front row ticket, Julie! :thumbsup:

And EK, I hope you will get an opportunity to see Glenn when he tours New Zealand. I don't think you will be at all disappointed if you go to one or more shows. Crossing my fingers for you. :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
EK, rumor is two shows in NZ, but nothing has been announced yet.

EaglesKiwi
10-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm waiting patiently... :lie:

Pretty much anywhere in New Zealand is doable (gotta love a small country sometimes - 2 hours flying top to bottom - IF you can get a direct flight!).

If he wasn't coming here I'd probably to Brisbane. Have thought about persuading hubby to do both, but "After Hours" isn't really his cup of tea so I don't think he'd want to go twice. He could just go in Brisbane though... hmmmm....

Brooke
10-03-2012, 04:38 PM
EK, Glenn keeps saying in all these interviews that he's coming to NZ. Hang in there!

Freypower
10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm waiting patiently... :lie:

Pretty much anywhere in New Zealand is doable (gotta love a small country sometimes - 2 hours flying top to bottom - IF you can get a direct flight!).

If he wasn't coming here I'd probably to Brisbane. Have thought about persuading hubby to do both, but "After Hours" isn't really his cup of tea so I don't think he'd want to go twice. He could just go in Brisbane though... hmmmm....

I hope some NZ shows are announced but I'd love to meet you in Brisbane if you could do it. I would have thought at least Auckland & Wellington, if not Christchurch which is still rebuilding. Dunedin? Hamilton?

As for my own seat in Brisbane I could well have been the first person who booked. Once I had finished Sydney I went back to the site for whatever reason & suddenly Brisbane was showing. So I moved very quickly indeed.

I have to say it's a shame that GFAH.com & his Facebook page are lagging behind with the tour information.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow you guys on that end of the world must be getting pretty siked.
Hope all have a great time and all get great seats.

Go Eagles....:computer:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I have to say it's a shame that GFAH.com & his Facebook page are lagging behind with the tour information.

Neither his nor Joe's has posted about the new Eagles date in Vegas, either. They were both right on it for Atlantic City. In the email exchange a month or so again with the people that run the website, there seems to be a serious communication lag between his people and Grnd Ctrl (the people who operate the site).

EaglesKiwi
10-04-2012, 03:41 AM
I hope some NZ shows are announced but I'd love to meet you in Brisbane if you could do it. I would have thought at least Auckland & Wellington, if not Christchurch which is still rebuilding. Dunedin? Hamilton?
I would assume he's looking for indoor venues for the After Hours format... the Christchurch Town Hall would have been wonderful, but unfortunately it's closed until at least the end of 2013.

Wherever Glenn goes, I will make at least one NZ show. I have family in Brisbane, so I won't be ruling that out, but can't really make a decision until I know what he's doing over this side of the ditch (hurry up and announce it already!).

TimothyBFan
10-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Very excited about the front row ticket, FP. I'm trying to keep track of what's going on with these shows but I'm afraid I'm not keeping up very well. So how many shows does that make for you that you've gotten tickets for?

How about Kiwi? I'm assuming there's shows in you future also. And don't we have another from down under- Bram is it?

Freypower
10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I would assume he's looking for indoor venues for the After Hours format... the Christchurch Town Hall would have been wonderful, but unfortunately it's closed until at least the end of 2013.

Wherever Glenn goes, I will make at least one NZ show. I have family in Brisbane, so I won't be ruling that out, but can't really make a decision until I know what he's doing over this side of the ditch (hurry up and announce it already!).

The Perth show is outdoors.

Freypower
10-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Very excited about the front row ticket, FP. I'm trying to keep track of what's going on with these shows but I'm afraid I'm not keeping up very well. So how many shows does that make for you that you've gotten tickets for?

How about Kiwi? I'm assuming there's shows in you future also. And don't we have another from down under- Bram is it?

I'm going to Brisbane, Melbourne & the two Sydney shows. I have front row centre in Brisbane, Row D on the right in Melbourne, Row D & Row B both centre in Sydney. I would have liked to go to Tamworth but it would take too much time as it's on a Tuesday night.

Remember that I have also seen Tim Minchin & Randy Newman with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Opera House but this is going to be very special indeed.

I'm still trying to get my head around why he's doing this. He said on radio yesterday he doesn't make as much money when he tours solo. Well, surely he would make more money touring Europe than he would down here. I'm delighted, honoured & flattered because this is the FIRST proper solo tour here by ANY member of the Eagles. In 1988 Glenn was a guest of LRB (I was pleased when he mentioned that yesterday).

EaglesKiwi
10-05-2012, 02:41 AM
The Perth show is outdoors.
Well that certainly opens up the possibilities. There are summer concerts in places like Taupo - middle of the north island, and people will drive from either Auckland or Wellington and make a weekend of it. Queenstown is also becoming popular, as it's a fantastic holiday destination in its own right. (Although I'm not sure where the nearest orchestra would be travelling from - probably Christchurch!).

I guess I'll just have to keep waiting patiently... :eyebrow:

EaglesKiwi
10-05-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm still trying to get my head around why he's doing this. He said on radio yesterday he doesn't make as much money when he tours solo. Well, surely he would make more money touring Europe than he would down here. I'm delighted, honoured & flattered because this is the FIRST proper solo tour here by ANY member of the Eagles. In 1988 Glenn was a guest of LRB (I was pleased when he mentioned that yesterday).
It's always possible Glenn just knows he has some very devoted fans down under who can't all make it up to the northern hemisphere to see him. (And heck, when they do get up there it shows even more devotion!).

zeldabjr
10-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Maybe he reads The Border! lol

Freypower
10-05-2012, 06:21 PM
It's always possible Glenn just knows he has some very devoted fans down under who can't all make it up to the northern hemisphere to see him. (And heck, when they do get up there it shows even more devotion!).

He knew I was there at Niagara Falls. I was too far back for him to see me in LA.

This is it as far as I am concerned. This is all I ever wanted.

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Well I am so delighted for you FP, that you have this opportunity, and also that you have some very good seats. You really deserve all of this! HOW are you going to contain your excitement between now and the shows?

Freypower
10-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Well I am so delighted for you FP, that you have this opportunity, and also that you have some very good seats. You really deserve all of this! HOW are you going to contain your excitement between now and the shows?

Well, it's five months away. I just tend to have short bursts of thinking about it. When I get the actual tickets in the mail that will be good. I don't even have to look at flights & hotels yet because it's a long way off (I have never flown from Brisbane to Melbourne before).

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Well you have plenty of time to plan anyway! Although sometimes doing things on the spur of the moment can work out incredibly well too! And the adrenaline rush is second to none!

GlennLover
10-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, it's five months away. I just tend to have short bursts of thinking about it. When I get the actual tickets in the mail that will be good. I don't even have to look at flights & hotels yet because it's a long way off (I have never flown from Brisbane to Melbourne before).

I have bursts of excitement thinking about you being able to go to all those shows! Soo pleased for you!!! :partytime:

Freypower
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
I have bursts of excitement thinking about you being able to go to all those shows! Soo pleased for you!!! :partytime:

What a nice thing to say, Ann. That has lifted my spirits. Thanks.

Freypower
10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
The venue for this show has been changed to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. I had to rebook & so I no longer have a front row centre seat. I'm in Row C on the left. :worried:

Brooke
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Now that's a bummer, Fp! You'd think you would get as good a seat as you had! :-x

Freypower
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
It's still a pretty good seat. I was able to see the approximate photo view. I will be in Row D & Row B centre at the Opera House & perhaps it's best to leave the best until last.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-18-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm glad you're putting a positive spin on it. I'd be spitting nails and making phone calls. I do agree that saving the best seats for last is a good way to go, though. I guess I should change the name of the thread.

sodascouts
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM
The venue for this show has been changed to the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. I had to rebook & so I no longer have a front row centre seat. I'm in Row C on the left. :worried:

Wow. That would PISS ME OFF. I'm glad you're being so much more rational about it - impressive!

Freypower
10-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately although the QPAC tickets went on sale yesterday morning (the 18th) I did not hear about it until this morning (the 19th). There was nothing I could do. There is no point being upset about it because I still have a decent seat which it now seems I was lucky to get at all.

10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah - Glad to see you are taking this all in stride, FP. I don't get that - it would have seemed to me that they would have made some effort to transfer seats and give folk seats as close as possible to what they had at the original venue. That kinda sucks!

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2012, 06:32 AM
You are so restrained FP! I would have been soooo annoyed!

I agree with Dreamer, those who had already purchased tickets for the original event should have been given the opportunity to get the nearest possible seat to the one they initially booked, and at least in the same row!

TimothyBFan
10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Have to add my 2 cents!!! I'm with everyone else here---I'd be on the phone and raising a stink about it!!! A front row ticket was in order since you already had one and they moved the event. Don't know if I'd be as nice as you are being about it.

zeldabjr
10-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Have to add my 2 cents!!! I'm with everyone else here---I'd be on the phone and raising a stink about it!!! A front row ticket was in order since you already had one and they moved the event. Don't know if I'd be as nice as you are being about it.

agree...I'd be flippin' out over this...

Freypower
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
As Ticketek aren't ticketing at QPAC I guess Ticketek had no control over seating. The tickets at QPAC had to be purchased through QPAC itself. BCEC's Facebook page states 'the promoters are holding seats for those who already purchased tickets' but I very much doubt that I would be able to get front row at this stage. Furthermore the tickets are 'in the same price category' & nothing else is guaranteed.

Freypower
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
From what I can make out QPAC were able to swap the ticket I booked for one in the front row off to the left. This is fine by me; so Mr Grenier you had better watch out!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Excellent!

10-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Glad that you at least got something close to what you had, FP. Sounds like a pretty good seat!

GlennLover
10-22-2012, 02:41 PM
From what I can make out QPAC were able to swap the ticket I booked for one in the front row off to the left. This is fine by me; so Mr Grenier you had better watch out!! :thumbsup:

LOL! be good to Danny! :) Glad you still got a seat that you are happy with!

Freypower
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
LOL! be good to Danny! :) Glad you still got a seat that you are happy with!

:twisted: I have to be happy with it. I will still be able to observe centre stage. :partytime:

Henley Honey
10-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I've found that sometimes a slightly different physical perspective can make a show that much more special. You'll notice different nuances of the band members and Glenn's interaction with them. It's all good!!! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Way to go FP! Sounds like a very good seat, and hopefully you'll get a few nice pics too!

Freypower
10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Photos? I don't know. Like you in LA, I feel it would not be right to spend all night taking photos, especially when I don't have a particularly good zoom on the lens (you have seen my Eagles photos). I won't be buying a new camera for these shows because I can't afford it. I am very unsure about photos at the moment.

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Well, yes, I would not expect you to be snapping all night FP, but you took excellent ones in Niagara Falls, so I'm sure you will have your Nikon with you should the opportunity arise. If its any way feasable I would loan you my Canon Powershot that I used in LA.

Freypower
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Got this from QPAC. It includes him singing a bit of For Sentimental Reasons which he doesn't in the AH trailer.

http://www.qpac.com.au/event/Glenn_Frey_13.aspx?showVideo=true&utm_source=enews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=10jan13&spMailingID=5413944&spUserID=MjUyMTIwNDIzMDcS1&spJobID=62786162&spReportId=NjI3ODYxNjIS1

Ironically at the end they play a bit of Heartache Tonight, which he's not going to do.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
on boy fp getting so excited for you just by watching the video.
he was so great when we saw him at the sands .....
his family was there that night so he was just great.

sodascouts
01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for posting that!

Freypower
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
As VA mentioned the other support acts, Troy Cassar-Daley is the support in Brisbane.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
As VA mentioned the other support acts, Troy Cassar-Daley is the support in Brisbane.

I had a rough morning. I saw that, then couldn't find it to type it in! Thanks, FP

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Love the video FP. I'd say even watching it gives you butterflies!

Freypower
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't really know what I'm thinking about all this at the moment, to be honest.

EaglesKiwi
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't really know what I'm thinking about all this at the moment, to be honest.
Surreal but nice? (to quote Notting Hill...)

Freypower
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM
I wanted to mention that this show is a month today American time (February 21). I suppose it's surreal but nice (I haven't seen Notting Hill). I am dreading the thought of it being over, absolutely dreading it, even though the Eagles will then reappear.

sodascouts
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
For now, relish the anticipation. You'll have plenty of time to be depressed afterwards. Why start early?

Troubadour
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
I agree - enjoy the moment! This is the best part!

TimothyBFan
01-22-2013, 10:15 AM
I always think the anticipation is the best part of the experience. Then after, tho there is the PEW, there are the wonderful memories that you have forever! Don't make yourself miserable before it ever happens. I'd hate that to dampen the whole experience.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I agree! Enjoy the build up and the gigs. We'll all be here for you when the PGW hits!

How many of us would live to be in your position FP! I'm so excited for you.

Freypower
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I consider myself to be in an extremely privileged position; at least I expect Glenn fans will agree with me.

I just did a couple of screen shots of that latest YouTube interview and I suddenly thought 'next month'..... :singer: :blush:

GlennLover
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
I consider myself to be in an extremely privileged position; at least I expect Glenn fans will agree with me.

I just did a couple of screen shots of that latest YouTube interview and I suddenly thought 'next month'..... :singer: :blush:

I certainly do agree. You are one lucky lady! Enjoy the anticipation!

Freypower
01-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't normally watch support acts but perhaps I should see what the big deal is about Troy Cassar-Daley:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-27/cassar-daley-wins-four-golden-guitars/4486016

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2013, 09:00 PM
yipee its almost glenn time :partytime:

zeldabjr
01-26-2013, 09:51 PM
I love the pre-concert butterflies I get...and the anticipation is such a huge part of the experience...counting down those days!...knowing what a huge Glenn fan you are FP...I am very excited for you!

Freypower
01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Hopefully the weather in Brisbane will have improved by then:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-28/qld-flooding-alert-moves-south/4486666

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Love the av FP!

Just over 3 weeks now........

GlennLover
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Yes, gorgeous av, FP! I have been admiring it too!

Freypower
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Shock horror! The website finally posted the Australasian dates!

http://www.glennfreyafterhours.com/events

I was playing a Roxette song called (Do You Get) Excited? yesterday. I have a playlist with a couple of songs that seemed to fit the mood.

Glennsallnighter
02-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Cool :thumbsup: enjoy the build up FP. You've waited a long time for this!

zeldabjr
02-02-2013, 07:32 AM
oh well FP...I'm learning these guys are kind of slow on a lot of things...but they're always worth the wait!

Freypower
02-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I guess it doesn't matter, but the Sydney Morning Herald has so pointedly ignored Glenn's tour that it's getting me down somewhat. They keep running these articles talking about all the 'legends' who will be here soon. They have not mentioned Glenn once even in passing. They don't mention Plant, either.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/grey-legends-tune-up-20130202-2dr9a.html

zeldabjr
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
insulting...:machinegun:

Troubadour
02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't let it get you down, FP - especially as they haven't mentioned Robert Plant either! I highly doubt it's an intended 'snub'. Hopefully they will cover Glenn's shows when they happen. Either way, I'm excited for you. Showtime is fast approaching!

EaglesKiwi
02-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Maybe Glenn's too young to be mentioned with the 70-year-olds... (ok Barry is only 66, but he had to be mentioned since he's touring with Carole King). Robert Plant is only 64 too.

Brooke
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM
I guess it doesn't matter, but the Sydney Morning Herald has so pointedly ignored Glenn's tour that it's getting me down somewhat. They keep running these articles talking about all the 'legends' who will be here soon. They have not mentioned Glenn once even in passing. They don't mention Plant, either.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/grey-legends-tune-up-20130202-2dr9a.html

I wonder if you emailed them and reminded them about it if they would possibly pick up on it?

Freypower
02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I wonder if you emailed them and reminded them about it if they would possibly pick up on it?

If the story had been open for comments I would have said something. As it is I'm resigned to this tour not receiving much media coverage. The SMH rock critic reviewed the Eagles' previous two tours & did nothing but sneer. I doubt it will even be reviewed. I don't think it's worth the effort.

Freypower
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
This show is a week today (Thursday my time).

GlennLover
02-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Wow, has the time gone fast! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
you must be on pins and needles

Freypower
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Not so much, it's just that it has been so overshadowed by the documentary.

zeldabjr
02-14-2013, 11:27 PM
oh FP I'm getting very excited for you...I know how much you love him!!!!...I know what I felt like when I was going to see TBS...indescribable!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Not so much, it's just that it has been so overshadowed by the documentary.

Especially here on the board. However, I'd love to have a live After Hours fix right about now! Seriously.

sodascouts
02-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Lucky you, FP!

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Yes indeed! It's gonna be a wonderful show! And it's only going to be the start of it all!

TimothyBFan
02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
We're in the home stretch here!! Hang in there FP!!!!

Brooke
02-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Fp, you must be beside yourself with excitement. I know I would be!

Freypower
02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
It's just that there has been no media, no nothing. I feel I'll get to Brisbane & nothing will happen!

sodascouts
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
At least Glenn's been doing a lot of appearances.

Freypower
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
He did last October. If he's here now he hasn't done anything. I know he has to get over the flight & so on. I'm not that bothered. It just still seems so unreal.

Prettymaid
02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
It'll be real enough when your sitting in front of him! C'mon FP - enjoy it all!

Glennhoney
02-18-2013, 10:19 PM
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!!!

zeldabjr
02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
I think she's in some sort of pre-Glennathon shock...It is real...and it's happening soon FP!!!!!:partytime:

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 09:40 AM
So exciting!

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Thrilling - If I was in FP's position at this point in time I do not think I would be able to function normally. In fact I would need a little mantra on my ipod 'Breathe in.... breathe out...'

Enjoy the anticipation FP!

GlennLover
02-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Thrilling - If I was in FP's position at this point in time I do not think I would be able to function normally. In fact I would need a little mantra on my ipod 'Breathe in.... breathe out...'

Enjoy the anticipation FP!

Me too! Enjoy, FP! He'll be there before you know it! :partytime:

Freypower
02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks everybody. :angel:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2013, 09:32 AM
An article ahead of the concert...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/16193652/eagles-legend-glenn-frey-flying-solo/

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Ha Ha! So he admits that he's the one who hasn't yet agreed to an Eagles tour! "I know my friends (the Eagles) want to do that (tour). Hopefully I'll agree." Doesn't sound like a positive...

Prettymaid
02-20-2013, 10:14 AM
I optimistically think it DOES sound positive - maybe just because he says it with a smile. How can he say no to those darn Eagles? ;-)

But I do have to take exception to another thing he said.

"I always start out playing Eagles songs in the beginning so everyone's relaxed, but then we rock out a little in the end so everyone's happy."

Glenn, this implies that Eagles songs do not rock, and we know that some of them do! Lol!

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
OK.... if you are in Brisbane Australia.... It's 21st February. GLENN FREY'S Australian tour kicks off tonight!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Radio interview with Glenn. It's the morning of the first concert over there...

http://postolog.com/bbcnmG

WalshFan88
02-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Have fun FP!

zeldabjr
02-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Have a blast FP...I know you will!!!

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2013, 03:33 AM
You must be there by now FP! Have a wonderful evening, and blow Glenn :heart: that elusive kiss from us all :kiss:

I for one will be dying to hear all about it!

EaglesKiwi
02-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Julie must be heading towards the venue by now... so exciting!

We are starting to hear more about Glenn's visit over here too. I have seen posters and heard mentions on radio in passing (I should point out here that I very seldom listen to the radio as I don't have one in my car, & we don't play it at work). There has been a competition to win free tickets, so there is some publicity... not as much as I might have expected to be honest. Then again, when the Eagles came to Australia that wasn't publicized at all in NZ!

Can't wait to hear from FP!!

Freypower
02-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Approx 40 mins. Had good day in Brisbane.

Troubadour
02-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Enjoy every minute!