PDA

View Full Version : New Eagles CD collection?

AzEaglesFan
02-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know if this is really something new??
It's on Amazon and shows a release date of March and has a $40.00 price tag.

sodascouts
02-11-2013, 01:56 AM
It seems like it's just going to be a reissue of their 70s albums. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Studio-Albums-1972-1979-Eagles/dp/B00B7VPKMY/ref=sr_1_25?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1360562085&sr=1-25&keywords=eagles

zeldabjr
02-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know if this is really something new??
It's on Amazon and shows a release date of March and has a $40.00 price tag.

I just saw it on Amazon...it says "The Studio Albums from 1972-1979"...not sure what it is...wouldn't we have heard about it if there was something new coming out??

TimothyBFan
02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Well cool but since I already have all my original studio albums, I can't see me buying these also unless the packaging includes booklets or new artwork, etc.... that I can't live without.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
The black box and font used looks remarkably similar to my box set of studio albums, but this is significantly less money than what I paid, I think. Mine doesn't say 'studio albums....' on it. If it is a collection of studio albums on CD from the 70's, perhaps they've been remastered? My box set was not, I guess they felt people that wanted CD covers that were complete replicas of the album covers would want pops and clicks as well. Hopefully closer to the release date, Amazon will have more information on what it actually is.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Oh, and with a name like 'studio albums' and a range of dates of 1972 - 1979, it wouldn't include Live, like mine did. I guess they think that people watching the movie might have a sudden interest in buying the old stuff and not just Very Best Of.

Houston Debutante
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
I think if it was remastered it would say so and cost more. This looks like nothing more than a simple repackaging of the seventies albums.

sodascouts
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I wonder if it'll at least include artwork. I think this is meant to appeal to people who watch the Eagles Documentary and think "Hmm, why don't I go buy their Greatest Hits or something" and see this - "Wow, all their 70s albums in one shot - that's all I care about anyway! What a deal! I'll buy this instead of the Greatest Hits."

AftertheThrill
02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Is anyone else checking Amazon all the time to see if the DVD is listed yet so you can preorder?

sodascouts
02-11-2013, 11:01 PM
I am!

TimothyBFan
02-12-2013, 08:10 AM
I am!

GlennLover
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Me too. They usually send me alerts for new CDs & DVDs based on my past purchases & items viewed.

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Van Halen's similar Studio Albums box comes out simultaneously with The Eagles. I am buying this due to fact I just have the albums on vinyl (well Greatest Hits 1, Hotel California, The Long Run and Eagles Live anyhoo) and also my dad just re-bought me The Very Best Of The Eagles (which I bought initially on street date at Circuit City alongside the Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii DVD but lost whilst moving back to Mass). Had the individual CDs but financial dictates forced me to part with them (for either car repair or towards a box set, my law is to sell if you know you can re-buy the albums, if they are out of print you are out of luck).

OutlawManNJ
02-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Wish the cover wasnt so Long Runish.

I wish they would release some unreleased tracks from the 70s or alternate takes of tracks.

Houston Debutante
02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
They say they don't have any but I don't believe it. They have to have something even if it's only partial or rough, hardcore fans wouldn't mind demo quality.

sodascouts
02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
There was that soft song Glenn was singing in the documentary...

You know, I just paid big bucks for a Fleetwood Mac re-release of Rumours in part because it contained two discs of rough, partial, demo-quality material - and it was worth every penny. I'd do it for the Eagles, too, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Since FM and the Eagles are managed by the same people, I could see them doing something similar with Hotel California... but I'm not going to count on it.

Shadowland07
03-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Just bought the box set today, I thought it was coming out April 2nd so I was excited when I went to Best Buy and saw it. All 6 albums in a little black box. Can't wait to load em on up to my iTunes library. Now just waiting to get the documentary on the 30th!!!

Scarlet Sun
03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
They say they don't have any but I don't believe it.
I don't either

Witchy Woman
03-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Just bought the box set today, I thought it was coming out April 2nd so I was excited when I went to Best Buy and saw it. All 6 albums in a little black box. Can't wait to load em on up to my iTunes library. Now just waiting to get the documentary on the 30th!!!

Yeah, that's supposed to come out April 2nd. Anderson, their 3rd party merchandisers, screwed up. Good find !!

Outlawman13
03-29-2013, 11:17 PM
I can't wait 'til I have those babies in my hands!!!!!!!! I honestly can't wait 'til April 2nd and 30th. That six c.d. collection is going to complete my Eagles collection. LOL

tjrrockandrollmaster
03-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Are the CDs packaged with the original LP sleeves including inner sleeves and posters, let me know so I can ponder on buying this thing.

Shadowland07
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Are the CDs packaged with the original LP sleeves including inner sleeves and posters, let me know so I can ponder on buying this thing.

Sleeves yes, but no posters or linear notes. Just the albums packaged neatly in a lil black box

tjrrockandrollmaster
03-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Sleeves yes, but no posters or linear notes. Just the albums packaged neatly in a lil black box

So the albums don't have the inner sleeves nor gatefold shots.

Shadowland07
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
So the albums don't have the inner sleeves nor gatefold shots.

No...I know I was thinking it'd be like a remastered package with everything but no. Just plain and simple. Still nice though to finally have the albums.

MercedesBends
03-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Neat package - saw it at Sam's over the weekend while buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper. :D A little disappointing that they didn't have the Live album included (although it was marketed as the "studio" albums) but would be a good set nonetheless for $29.99! I have the Japan box set that includes the original sleeves, posters, etc. and it's awesome but the set just put out IMO is also pretty good. Seems to me the documentary has been a launching board for a band resurgence even though they haven't gone away since 1994...and at the astronomical secondary market prices I'm seeing it's working!

M

Houston Debutante
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Guess we can't expect much when the price is that low, it's nice for people who just had the Greatest Hits though because they can get the CDs really cheap.

SteveJoburg
04-04-2013, 02:21 AM
I actually found a copy of this box in a CD store here... 600 bucks, a hundred per CD. That's the price of three new release Blu Rays here at the moment. Little heavy if you ask me.